So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Hatched 5 argy eggs, one worthy of keeping (no new mutation, but inherited mothers white color and fathers 820 stam, which is my current best stamina), 3 unremarkable, 1 with oxygen mutation accompanied by magenta head top. Unremarkable ones burned. Magenta-headed burned with extra hate, what did it even think hatching with a mutation that's bad for TWO different reasons?

Hatched 4 tek rex eggs, no new mutations, burned all.

9 deinon eggs yielded no mutations, but one hatched at level 156, inherited good stats, and looks identical to its father, which is good. The rest burned.

Three allo eggs hatched into four allos with no new mutations. Left to starve, because I realized that it's better to save fuel until I can get sulfur more easily (I started a char on Scorched Earth for that, but I only did it today, so going to the mountains for some sulfur right now is out of question).

Nothing else happened today.

Last day I played (2 days ago) I tamed my first direwolf with the taming pen raft I had made for the megatherium. Plucked up the pack leader with my argy and plopped him down in the floating cage before the argy suffered too much damage. im gonna use him to harvest pelt from the kairukus. 

whats a good cave to try on the back of the wolf? Looking to level him up a bit

• Like 1

On Scorched Earth: upgraded floor, walls, door and door frame to adobe (used to be wood/thatch). Built a third row to the fence (not that it'll protect me from much, since I still haven't added a gate). Tamed two extra-low level parasaurs and one just low level ankylo. Built a trough for them.

On Valguero: raised a baby equus to juvenile. Found that I forgot to turn the mating off on the male the last time, so turned it off now, then waited over two hours until the mare birthed an unplanned foal. The foal inherited father's stamina, health and melee (don't remember exact stats, but stam is over 1700, melee somewhere near 230%, and the health is okay too) and mother's gray/dark gray colors, so I decided to keep it. Built a stable to keep the equus in, because it's neater that way. The stable has ten boxes, which is a perfect number: not so few that I'll have to make hard decisions about who to keep and who to kill, and not so many that it'd take too much space.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
There was a typo in the approximate stam amount.
  • Like 1

Sat in front of a sheep for 6 hours in single player even though my mature speeds were turned up a bunch and got very annoyed that i can't figure out whats wrong with my game, Im glad i was able to imprint my raptor yesterday, but it took around 6-7 hours to fully mature.... and it was taking 30 min before this event started so i just don't know........

• Like 1

Today I lost the yesterday's unplanned but cool foal, because just as I unpodded him and gave him some berries, my internet connection got bad, I got disconnected and was unable to re-log into the game until about half an hour later, by which time he, obviously, starved to death. But at least the previous one is fine, which is more important anyway because it's a female.

• Like 1

Today: on Scorched Earth: tamed a doed and a morellatops. Lost the male parasaur (the doed aggroed on him and I wasn't able to save him because  I needed that doed). Added another row to the fence and, finally, a gate. Removed the gate to get the morellatops inside. Replaced the gate. Gonna upgrade to behemoth gate tomorrow, cheaper than removing/replacing the normal one every time I'm taking the morellatops for a ride.

on Valguero: filled the troughs. Added the finishing touches to the stable (doors, paint, a pair of pillars on the sides of the entrance, and wooden signs above each box to write the names of the equus on them). Enabled breeding on the male equus. Logged off to return later, when the mares would be closer to foaling, because I'm not sitting with them for 6 hours straight.

Update: Logged back in. Turned out I missed the foaling, mares on cooldown, foals already died and disappeared. Guess I should have stayed in the game watching them the whole time as I normally do.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

Been a while since my last post. But with @d1nks request I thought I would come up with a brief summary of my adventures over the last few months. Maybe I'll post more often, but probably not too often as there is only so much I can do to make banging my head against the breeding RNG wall interesting.

I have set up on Ragnarok, Valguero, Genesis and The Island. I originally set up on Ragnarok and it was my main set up but I have recently moved my main base of operations to Valguero, was getting tired of the Ragnarok hiccups. The Island is mostly a small outpost for boss fighting. Am looking at setting up on Abberation, mainly to set up a metal farming out post. Maybe make a mobile forge base on the back of a megachelon for the giggles. Undoubtedly I'll set up on Crystal Isles aswell when that comes out.

My main activity is definitely breeding at the moment. The S+ and Immersive taming mods really spice breeding up a bit. I mean I get to tame, breed and mutate wyverns and alpha wyverns. I love the S+ mutators, it makes breeding so much more rewarding. I am actually breeding and stacking mutations rather than just hunting for half decent stats and combining nice colours. Its amazing what you can breed up, if a little OP, but it still takes a lot of commitment to breed up such creatures. My deinonychus line is great, literal giga killers. My theri line even though I havent maxed out the melee can take down the alpha dragon in a single phase. I can solo purple OSDs on Extinction with my new gigas. I can go into the murder murder snow on Ragnarok butt naked with my otters as they have so much melee. My current lines include rexes, theris, gigas, otters, thylas, deinonychus, alpha wyverns, manas, basilos and x-mosas. Current in progress projects are manas, ferox, tusos and megalodons, and I have started up the rexes and thylas again to increase the melee as far as I can take it. I am dying to start rock drake breeding though.

In terms of bosses, I have done alpha broodmother, megapithicus and dragon, alpha tek cave, Alpha Rockwell and beta master controller. Tbf we cheesed the likes of the overseer and rockwell with gigas but I intend to do it legit eventually. My theris and rexes are insane never mind with a yuty buff, so.it should be feasable to go in solo to the tek cave. For Abberation it shouldnt be too bad to tame up rock drakes and megalosaurs and breed them up a bit for Rockwell.

I have just finished up the x-mosas and basilo breeding, and a group of us had planned on taking on Moeder this weekend, but we had to call it off. Genesis Ocean biome is crash zone central at the moment.

Future plans include Scorched and Abb caves and bosses, Extinction titans and continuing Genesis. Havent played too much over the last week or two. Despite so called lockdown I have been busy with work. But from next week I get to be forloughed, so hey lots of free time, so I might get to make another post sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Been a while since my last post. But with @d1nks request I thought I would come up with a brief summary of my adventures over the last few months. Maybe I'll post more often, but probably not too often as there is only so much I can do to make banging my head against the breeding RNG wall interesting.

I have set up on Ragnarok, Valguero, Genesis and The Island. I originally set up on Ragnarok and it was my main set up but I have recently moved my main base of operations to Valguero, was getting tired of the Ragnarok hiccups. The Island is mostly a small outpost for boss fighting. Am looking at setting up on Abberation, mainly to set up a metal farming out post. Maybe make a mobile forge base on the back of a megachelon for the giggles. Undoubtedly I'll set up on Crystal Isles aswell when that comes out.

My main activity is definitely breeding at the moment. The S+ and Immersive taming mods really spice breeding up a bit. I mean I get to tame, breed and mutate wyverns and alpha wyverns. I love the S+ mutators, it makes breeding so much more rewarding. I am actually breeding and stacking mutations rather than just hunting for half decent stats and combining nice colours. Its amazing what you can breed up, if a little OP, but it still takes a lot of commitment to breed up such creatures. My deinonychus line is great, literal giga killers. My theri line even though I havent maxed out the melee can take down the alpha dragon in a single phase. I can solo purple OSDs on Extinction with my new gigas. I can go into the murder murder snow on Ragnarok butt naked with my otters as they have so much melee. My current lines include rexes, theris, gigas, otters, thylas, deinonychus, alpha wyverns, manas, basilos and x-mosas. Current in progress projects are manas, ferox, tusos and megalodons, and I have started up the rexes and thylas again to increase the melee as far as I can take it. I am dying to start rock drake breeding though.

In terms of bosses, I have done alpha broodmother, megapithicus and dragon, alpha tek cave, Alpha Rockwell and beta master controller. Tbf we cheesed the likes of the overseer and rockwell with gigas but I intend to do it legit eventually. My theris and rexes are insane never mind with a yuty buff, so.it should be feasable to go in solo to the tek cave. For Abberation it shouldnt be too bad to tame up rock drakes and megalosaurs and breed them up a bit for Rockwell.

I have just finished up the x-mosas and basilo breeding, and a group of us had planned on taking on Moeder this weekend, but we had to call it off. Genesis Ocean biome is crash zone central at the moment.

Future plans include Scorched and Abb caves and bosses, Extinction titans and continuing Genesis. Havent played too much over the last week or two. Despite so called lockdown I have been busy with work. But from next week I get to be forloughed, so hey lots of free time, so I might get to make another post sooner rather than later.

So much new stuff! Too bad I couldn't even begin to find time to play! Sounds great man enjoy :)

Well,

It took about 2 hours to finally fix my SP game. First, one of the updates since I last played reset all my settings again, grr. Second, I had to clean up yet another large pack of wandering hatched rexes. Then I logged back out, backed up my save file, and got to work. I ended up switching from S+ to Super Structures and having to go through and fix my ini files again too. And I did something I've been meaning to do for ages and added all of the level equalizers straight through Extinction so I won't have to worry about vanilla weighted levels for a long, long time.

But it worked. My hatchery is working properly again and we are back in production for the final melee mutation I want on my rexes. I'm at 20+ on one side so progress has slowed considerably. Ended up hatching a male and raising him to put with my females, tripling egg production. No results yet but at least I can idle and collect eggs again, so we're officially back in business.

Unfortunately that's literally it. I'm running into the same issue Saltire is, there just isn't anything interesting about popping hundreds of eggs. I know I could roll with the build I have but I'm stubborn and want that base 600% melee damage. I know it's not particularly impressive as far as rex lines go but I'm pretty proud of it right now. Even if my rexes are still ugly.

• Like 1

Haven't done anything today, but yesterday I tamed a lymantria because the day before  I made the saddle (and that I did because some time ago I found a 80 armor moth saddle BP, and it's wasteful to throw it out because awesome armor, pointless to have it laying around unused, and it's not like I can trade that, I mean, it's moth saddle BP, in all my time I've seen, like, 1 dude riding a moth, those things aren't popular). SO, what I wanted to say is: lymantrias are pretty cool, actually! Sure, no fighting, no carrying stuff, and no harvesting their own food, but they're pretty fun to ride. I named mine Lampeater and I already love her.

I have good news, finally!

On Sunday I finally, finally popped that last rex I needed. We are now sitting ugly with a base bloodline hatching with 20k HP and 608 melee. Imprinted we end up with 24k HP and 727 melee. By contrast, my very first generation of boss rexes that saw me all the way through gamma Dragon maxed out at 35k HP and 600 melee. These rexes have a total of 45 mutations, hatching at a base level well over 300 and have honestly far exceeded my expectations from when I started this SP run a year ago.

I spent the rest of my Sunday hatching rexes. I raised 30ish of them, honestly I lost count after awhile. I'm not hatching 50 of them because I still have plenty of previous gen rexes hanging around that I can still use. The 5 that survived the Beta/Alpha Dragon and the rest from my first generation army. I'm literally going to throw all of them at the Overseer, along with my 2 bred yutys Grito and Rira. Not going to bother bringing either of my pigs in since I'm solo. Just going to be me, the yutys and as many rexes as I can cram through the door of the Tek cave.

It seems so close and yet so far. I have my final army, but I only salvaged a handful of saddles from the remnants of the Dragon army. So I need to make dozens of extremely expensive saddles, not to mention level up the rexes, and I still need to farm for Tek armor and the last few tribute items I need. Plus actually setting up the FOB on the volcano to get ready for the final assault. I'm just going to go all in on Alpha, I don't feel like doing this one 3 times. I just want to move on to the next map. I've had it since the day it released and I have never even set foot on Scorched Earth.

For now, as of today I've finished raising all the rexes, they're all fully imprinted of course. I think leveling is probably the last thing I'm going to do since I can take advantage of the passive exp gain.

• Like 2

Today:

Bred my two equus mares. Stayed awake the whole time, waiting for them to pop out foals.

17 minutes until they give birth.

Server: lol, guess what? Crashing time!

FFFUUUUU!

upd: Logged back in, foals were born, still alive, both female, one has a melee mutation and purple legs. It's a good day.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

18 hours ago, d1nk said:

What?! It's been years

It's a long story but the TL;DR is I played for a long time on a single map server and by the time I moved on Ragnarok had been out for awhile already and most clusters would just run that instead of SE since it has 99% of the content. Naturally one of my most coveted tames is the phoenix...

Not a lot doing today, just grinding metal.

• Like 1

I have not Arked a lot lately.  Everyone in the house is either remote accessing work or school and all I have done is go fill the various feeding troughs and level up dinos destined for bosses.  This weekend, we should be attempting the swamp cave.  It holds the last piece of what we need for the Gamma Dragon.  We will be taking 20 or so Dimorphodons into the swamp cave as it seems to be a bit tight in many places.  I would like to take something bigger, but it might not fit even with podding and unpodding.  I guess we will find out.  My Flak armor and Ascendant Pike should be getting a workout.  ?