So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

On 3/16/2020 at 1:35 AM, AllOfTheAllos said:

Today I tamed a male argent (pre-tame level 100, post tame 121) and named him Scorpions Happened. Because he was supposed to be a bit over 140, but a few seconds before he ate the final piece of raw prime...

I have sadly TOO MANY dinos with names like "Dam TBird, Dam Scorp, Dam Allo, Dam Raptor, etc.)

• Like 1

I have sadly TOO MANY dinos with names like "Dam TBird, Dam Scorp, Dam Allo, Dam Raptor, etc.)

My most notable "damn something" dino was a level 162 (pre-tame) tek rex. Just as I finally tranqed him, he fell on a raptor, which managed to drop his health to about 300 and the taming effectiveness to WAY TOO DAMN LOW before  I figured out how to kill the damn thing without killing the rex as well. I didn't actually name him Damn Raptor, though. His name was Deathfang, because the idea of "badass name+ridiculously stupid almost-death" is amusing to me.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Haha 1

Worked on the arctic-themed map. Also spent some time with a german friend on a german unofficial PvP/modded cluster I won't name here, unless you PM me. HUGE disappointment and waste of time :

- Admin is tribed with the biggest raiding group.
- Admin has VAC/Battleye disabled, despite pretending otherwise.
- Majority of his raiding party are players with multiple VAC bans.
- Admin is issuing us warnings for using quetz turrets while he could simply disable the option in his settings.
- Aimbot is "non-existent" according to the admin... despite being shot in the head (210% run speed char) for over 2 hours. Did I mention being shot through the mesh as well with longnecks/fab snipers?
- Dinos being snipped through the mesh.
- Gigas instantly demolished by "kill" command. Sorry, but 4 heavies will never gun down a giga under 2 seconds.
- Boosted creatures leveling (150k hp rexes possible) and bases
still limited at 100 turrets.

Sorry folks, I had to vent this one off...

• Sad 1

I'm bored.. in ark I mean.. I turned on game faffed about a bit.

Filled feeding troughs turned on the forge, cooked food, tidied away breeders I left out.. lined up all other Dino's in their areas.

Walked around aimlessly for about thirty minutes opening and closing vaults. 

Logged off again. 

I have two thylas to restart my breeding program I just don't have the inclination for it. 

Sits patiently waiting for inspiration to strike. ?

• Sad 1

Got home from work to find all servers down for patch/updates during peek playing hours for everyone.  Apparently someone thinks this is a good idea because this seems like a every 3 day thing since I started playing in December...

Mourning the loss of our 150x150 bloodstalker eggs that were due to hatch 20 minutes ago...

Edit: Mourning the loss of our Dinos that will starve to death in the base because all players in tribe are PC players and xbox players are already playing on the server.  

Edited by Noob45
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Noob45 said:

Apparently someone thinks this is a good idea because this seems like a every 3 day thing since I started playing in December.

It's never going to be a perfect time as its always a peak time somewhere. It does get annoying with the constant patches every week though. Hope they are back up for you all soon.

Today in ARK I:

Lost about 6 cryopods (one with a low-level but mutated baby therizino), as well as a freshly made 140% shotgun and all the ammo for it. And chitin pants. And a whip. And my level 2 chibi ankylo. And a pretty good crossbow. And 300 narcotics.

But at least I didn't lose my precious tek rex!

Now, how did that happen?

Well, I saw that 140 female bronto and thought I'd tame her. My low-level but nicely colored male one could use a mate, after all.

So I tranqed her.

And... Well. I gotta guard her in case any rexes or allos appear. And I have that habit, a bad one honestly, to pace around the knocked out dinos if I'm taming them without a trap and actually have to keep an eye on them.

So I paced. While riding Nightshade. Because that alpha-munching, fully-imprinted, black-and-gray killing machine is most suited for tame-guarding, obviously.

Oh, and I had all that stuff on me because I kinda forgot to put it all where it belongs. Because normally nothing happens to me.

And I accidentally made Nightshade STEP on the bronto. And he partially fell under the mesh because of that. I decided that it would be the safest to pod him, so I dismounted... And insta-died.

Respawned, took another pod, grabbed an argy, flew there as fast as I could, and PHEW! Nightshade was alive! But although his body was almost entirely in a normal position, his name was just above the ground. I had to aim really low and try several times to pod him (wouldn't dare to mount him and try to ride him onto the ground the normal way).

Then I unpodded Nightshade, led the argy back to the base, grabbed some more narcotics (and pants), then went back to guarding the bronto with Nightshade, this time while staying mostly still at about two foundations distance from her, because I learned my lesson.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Sad 1

Well life has taken a very odd turn being in quarantine...

I was still bored with ark but discovered tik tok.. 

I've so far kicked my hubby in the shin six times attempting a foot tap challenge..

I'm not sure why this helped relieve some ark boredom but it did.. ? 

His shins hurt but did every island cave today..?

I need to get out of the house!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Today: hatched two level 130 wild-egg deinons (both worthy of keeping, yay!), 2 argents (1 blue, other inherited father's colors so I killed it), 1 bronto (dad's stats, killed it), 2 allos (killed both).

Finished raising my mutated ankylo (dark blue spike tips).

Decided to travel to another server for the first time ever, hope everything would be fine.

Transfer was fine. My decision to pick an Extinction server as my first server-hopping target was not. Absolute lagfest. Once I tame myself a pair of gachas I will never go to Extinction again.

And this is how my server-hopping adventure ended:

Lost due to getting disconnected and killed by an araneo: a real pretty allo, a doed, 2 empty pods, chitin pants, a GPS, a spyglass.

Lost due to me losing the will to keep searching: an argy (it was my first one. Oh well, at least it wasn't my new blue one. Got enough sense not to take THAT one where I can lose her!).

Lost due to the whole thing: my will to try new things. Thanks, but from now on I will just stick to what I know: playing on Valguero and breeding things that I can get there.

Obtained: nothing. Except for the taxidermy stuff and dino leash engrams. Should have just hopped on, unlocked those and go right back home - would have saved me time (and dinos. And pants).

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
Traveled to another server. Decided to add results of it.
  • Sad 1

Waiting to play again today because I have to download a 4.7gb update to genesis.

Separate from the 15gb update that took a day to download for windows 10.

Separate from having to re-install genesis expansion 5 days ago in an attempt to get Defense units to render on lunar biome.

It's cool, my ISP doesn't mind that I piss away my monthly download limit.  Just like I didn't mind wasting the small window of play time I had after work downloading broken content.

Edited by Noob45

Well..

Since my last post I've just been endlessly afking to collect rex eggs, hatching them periodically, and culling the babies in search of the last mutation I want for this line.

But then the update broke the troughs, which is one thing. It also apparently broke the S+ hatchery, which is a huge problem. Twice I had to cull baby rexes running rampant all over my base when they shouldn't have been. The hatchery is incubating the eggs in place instead of picking them up.

So, not gonna lie, I'm not sure when I'm going to play next. I don't want to sit around babysitting every single egg when I churn through hundreds for a single mutation. I also can't leave them alone since it's not picking them up properly. And I don't want to risk losing everything I've done by trying to switch to the new variant of S+...so it's a stalemate for now. I'm just going to be playing Animal Crossing (New Leaf since I don't have a Switch) instead until this gets sorted out.

• Sad 1

I lost 2 Brontos and 3 Argys..... So I decided to get on here and ask for help. My tribe mates has been really awesome helping me learn the game, but after I lost all those dinosaurs, I feel like I'm a burden to them. Is there anyone who might be able to jump on our Xbox pvp server and either help me out getting a few things that would help them (I'm trying to make up for dino loss) or maybe even bring me a few things (crystal, sillaca Pearl's, black pearls) so I can build things for them? I'm not sure how I would be able to thank anyone who helps, but maybe there's something I can help with, or do. Thanks in advance everyone.

• Like 1

Yesterday: decided that even though server-hopping isn't for me, taming stuff on other servers and bringing it home certainly is. Created a character on one of the Ragnarok servers, tamed a dodo, uploaded it, downloaded it back on Valguero. Just to check if it works fine.

Found a more or less non-laggy Extinction server, created a character there, started to set up a base (small, not gonna need a lot of space).

Back on Valguero hatched 7 tek rex eggs (1 non-mutated female, one female with weight mutation but very cool color, the rest were non-mutated males so I killed them), finished raising three 130-145 wild-egg deinons, found a nearly-expired 145 deinon egg in the inventory of one of my low-level ones (put it there when I was relocating to the new base and forgot about it), hatched it, it was a brown fmale. Gonna raise her later. Hatched a bronto, male, mostly mother's stats, gonna raise him later.

Oh, and killed my old low-level deinons because why would I keep them around? They weren't fit for breeding, and  I wasn't attached to them (the only deinon I'm attached to is Nightmare Jenny, who was my first deinon ever, and is my second oldest rideable tame (the second oldest tame of any kind is Eggvelyne the slayer, a dodo)).

Today: finished the house on Extinction, built a fence around it enough to keep raptors out, tamed a tek parasaur and a dilophosaur. Planning to tame some raptors. Or trikes. Or whatever - it doesn't matter, as long as it's something that would be able to keep me safe while I search for gachas, tame gachas, and lead them to the nearest terminal. Because that's what I came to Extinction for.

On Valguero today I hatched four deinon eggs from my high-level deinons (two of the babies were worthy of keeping), four argent eggs (one worthy of keeping), two ankylo eggs (none worthy), and four tek rex eggs (HEALTH MUTATION! FINALLY! AND ON A MALE, TOO! Once he grows up he'll become my new breeding male).

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KurikDhark said:

I lost 2 Brontos and 3 Argys..... So I decided to get on here and ask for help. My tribe mates has been really awesome helping me learn the game, but after I lost all those dinosaurs, I feel like I'm a burden to them. Is there anyone who might be able to jump on our Xbox pvp server and either help me out getting a few things that would help them (I'm trying to make up for dino loss) or maybe even bring me a few things (crystal, sillaca Pearl's, black pearls) so I can build things for them? I'm not sure how I would be able to thank anyone who helps, but maybe there's something I can help with, or do. Thanks in advance everyone.

Can't help as I don't play on servers.. take it as a learning curve.  Start taming small learn as you go. What map are you on maybe I can advise a Dino tame to get your required resources.

22 minutes ago, Yoshi4280 said:

Can't play due to the shadows on splitscreen :( sucks so bad, first time playing with my boyfreind and got our first spinosaurus and bam, genesis. This quarantine sucks, lol. 

Looked at your profile  for platform it helps if you state if for future reference in threads. cheat prevviewmode and cycle through, This should help you turn off the shadow overlay. Spell it with both vv's as shown. 

Edited by SnowboundGem

58 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

Looked at your profile  for platform it helps if you state if for future reference in threads. cheat prevviewmode and cycle through, This should help you turn off the shadow overlay. Spell it with both vv's as 

Thank you for the response! I will keep that in mind since this is the first forum I have joined! I'm just trying every route to even hear if they are working on it or see what we can do to get around it. We tried that command just now and it turned everything pretty much like negative film. My boyfreind also tried admin command r.shadowquality 0 and that didnt help either. I've posted on the bug and glitch forums and sent wildcard a message but no hope :/ it's really a huge bummer since we have invested so much game time. 

Just now, Yoshi4280 said:

Thank you for the response! I will keep that in mind since this is the first forum I have joined! I'm just trying every route to even hear if they are working on it or see what we can do to get around it. We tried that command just now and it turned everything pretty much like negative film. My boyfreind also tried admin command r.shadowquality 0 and that didnt help either. I've posted on the bug and glitch forums and sent wildcard a message but no hope :/ it's really a huge bummer since we have invested so much game time. 

You need to keep scrolling through till you get it right

Today: on Extinction tamed a pair of pachies as a beginning of the dino army that'll accompany me on my journey to finding, taming and leading gachas. Not the best tames, but they'll have to do. Tried to tame a gacha that spawned nearby, but wasn't successful (underestimated just how quickly the damn thing loses taming progress).

On Valguero: got eggs from my ankylos and tek rexes, put them in the hatchery, refilled the trough with berries for the bronto I'm raising, unpodded the mutated tek rex to raise him a bit more. That's it.

• Like 1