So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

8 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

albertosaurus is a good one, gorgosaurus is another as it lived in snowy areas. the feathered rex was basically a rex that was engineered to be an effective hunter in the cold. one that was recently discovered in Canada that my friend is obsessed with is the reaper of death, the new tyranid found in Canada. we chose the wendigo because one of my friends lives in the area where its story is passed down and he had been working on a model for it. if you like i can message you mt discord tag and invite you to the server where we have been working on the maps.

The reaper would be " Thanatotheristes degrootorum " I believe.

PS4 - UNofficial Cluster

Well Genesis is as I had feared, a big disappointment, and so buggy and laggy that I don't even enjoy playing on it, and can't do most of the missions as the lag is too bad. Especially in the Ocean biome which is just terrible.  Plus the invisible attackers on the Lunar biome have ruined that biome, so no one goes to it, plus the Bog biome is just  dark, boring and annoying, so no one goes there either.  Basically Artic and Volcano are the only playable biomes on our cluster.

My cluster only allows one base per tribe on Genesis, so bases aren't the reason for the lag. So  I just log in, refresh timers and log off again.

They are running Easter event (with egg laying turned WAAAAY down) on the Abberration server, so I've started trying for event Reaper babies. No luck thus far, and with the Reaper tail Swipe being disabled, it makes it harder to kite Queens into my trap. 

Besides that, after 1700 hours of ARK last year, I've really been in a rut this spring. Genesis has Not re-ignited my ARK passion, so basically just logging into to each base/map once a week and refreshing timers. I have even been cryopoding most of my dinos so reduce chance of them decaying.

WIth Battlefield V and BF 1 such boring games, I'vce been back playing a ton of Battlefield 4, but it is getting harder to find a good server,  as the game is now 7 years old.

Fortnite, COD and those type of games don't interest me, as I've noticed since I'm nearly 50, my reflexes are just a touch slower over the last year, and I just cannot compete anymore with teenagers on the "whoever fires fastest, wins" games.  At least BF4 allows players who are a tad slower to do other things to help the team win. In fact, last weekend I finished First overall, and only had 5 kills and 6 deaths. BUt I got all my points by playing the objectives and helping out teammates.

Oh well.  Hope all you long time regulars here on this thread are doing well.

• Like 2

Today: almost finished the greenhouse/kitchen building (yeah, two in one. I think that's pretty reasonable. It also will have a fenced-off area for dodos).

Podded my rex, mounted an argy and went on an alpha dino hunt in the redwoods (too many bases in the way to just go there on a rex. Like, I COULD, but it takes a lot of time to figure out the way around them all) , killed a level 50 alpha carno and a level 150 alpha raptor (that one was pretty tough, which means that my rex needs some more points in melee), got two nice chitin leggings, two nice crossbows, and pretty neat pick and hatchet from them.

Unpodded my argy, podded the rex, and went home... Except I got disconnected while flying really high, and spent several minutes (felt like an eternity) trying to get back, while being absolutely sure that I fell and died and my beautiful, alpha-munching rex is sitting in my death inventory in the pod, at the mercy of whoever might be passing by. Fortunately, turned out that I fell safely into some player's base, alive, my rex still with me, so the only real inconvenience was having to grab another argy and retrieve the first one who was flying too high to whistle follow from the land (even with the spyglass).

Oh, and also hatched three tek rexes. And killed them. One was female which is great, but inherited mother's stats which are fairly low (her mother was tamed for colors and is decent for a FIRST rex, but not good enough for me to want those stats on my bred ones). One got dad's stats which is great, but I don't need a second non-mutated male. And one was a mutated male, but the mutation was on oxygen and the accompanying color was green on the head, so not deserving of life either.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - UNofficial Cluster

Well Genesis is as I had feared, a big disappointment, and so buggy and laggy that I don't even enjoy playing on it, and can't do most of the missions as the lag is too bad. Especially in the Ocean biome which is just terrible.  Plus the invisible attackers on the Lunar biome have ruined that biome, so no one goes to it, plus the Bog biome is just  dark, boring and annoying, so no one goes there either.  Basically Artic and Volcano are the only playable biomes on our cluster.

My cluster only allows one base per tribe on Genesis, so bases aren't the reason for the lag. So  I just log in, refresh timers and log off again.

They are running Easter event (with egg laying turned WAAAAY down) on the Abberration server, so I've started trying for event Reaper babies. No luck thus far, and with the Reaper tail Swipe being disabled, it makes it harder to kite Queens into my trap. 

Besides that, after 1700 hours of ARK last year, I've really been in a rut this spring. Genesis has Not re-ignited my ARK passion, so basically just logging into to each base/map once a week and refreshing timers. I have even been cryopoding most of my dinos so reduce chance of them decaying.

WIth Battlefield V and BF 1 such boring games, I'vce been back playing a ton of Battlefield 4, but it is getting harder to find a good server,  as the game is now 7 years old.

Fortnite, COD and those type of games don't interest me, as I've noticed since I'm nearly 50, my reflexes are just a touch slower over the last year, and I just cannot compete anymore with teenagers on the "whoever fires fastest, wins" games.  At least BF4 allows players who are a tad slower to do other things to help the team win. In fact, last weekend I finished First overall, and only had 5 kills and 6 deaths. BUt I got all my points by playing the objectives and helping out teammates.

Oh well.  Hope all you long time regulars here on this thread are doing well.

I'm itching to play GTA again.. dunno why but just need a different vibe. So I understand that much..  

Sometimes it's just good to take a break. 

Edited by SnowboundGem
  • Like 1

I've taken a lot of time off ark so need a ask a question about levels.. is there a maximum level cap or can I go wild and breed level 400 + thylas.

I'm not there yet I have a twin pair of 120 tamed and I'm wondering about my Xbox settings to ensure I'm not creating an awful breeding timer and incurring impossible imprints. 

I'm working on my thylas after I lost 3 years work deleting the wrong map save.

Sorry to ask those on Xbox I would ask hubby but he's busy with another targeted swarm! ?

Can't post current settings as hubby still playing with fly swarm! We might be a while!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/13/2020 at 12:26 PM, Crymric said:

Waited 42 min for transfer. Put the goods in the vault on the other side. Wait 12 min for transfer. Gameplay time gone, went to work.

I did that yesterday trying to play, except I only got into game for 1 min to make sure it worked again. Update client, update server - 10 mins. Start client and let mod updates install - 3 mins. Start server - 6 mins. Join game - 1 min, crash. Revalidate files - 30 mins. Redownload 3600 and some files - 20 mins. Install same files - 15 mins. Start game, join server - 4 mins. It works - 1 min. 

Log off, shut down everything and say goodnight - who cares, 90 mins game time gone. I just wanted to look around for a friggin featherlight. 

• Sad 1

Today: Built a trap near my base so that I can tame stuff again.

Tried to tame a new allo, because level 145, mint-green one would have been a fine addition to my pack. Plus it was female, and I kinda need a fresh, non-mutated one (didn't hit the limit, but my current mutations are of the pretty kind, not the useful one). Ended up accidentally killing it, because tranq arrows didn't give any torpor. Kinda wish I didn't get greedy with resources and just used tranq darts+rifle - a few saved ingots aren't worth the life of a perfectly fine allosaurus.

Tranqed a tek rex (used rifle this time), then killed it intentionally because stats sucked.

Dismantled almost all of my old base (it's small! I'm just too lazy to do it all in one go).

• Like 1

Just witnessed an entire server that had the whole map to themselves get wiped (They were a very friendly bunch of asians, I assume, because they wrote in "boxbox". But some were european. I knew a few of them since the winter event). 8months of build just went down in a matter of 20mins for each "base/teleport" location they built in. Caves took mere seconds, it's a joke.
It drove all of them to the point of anger and madness to weaponize and superspread COVID-19 to as many people as they can, like the swamp fever (one of them said lol), some of their friends/relatives have already died from what I heard so I suppose they are acting in an irrational form of "nothing more to lose, and don't give a flying F".
I don't blame them and feel kinda bad, but the game is designed in this way. Don't play if you cannot handle this gravity of loss. Everyone gets the same during raids regardless of what caliber they are, we all get wiped because it's only a matter of time and you lose all that you bring to the table. There are lots of ways to wipe bases quickly: cluster grenades, plat saddles, or just OP dinos etc. Like these vids as example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uDe-oe3LTo

Looks like they got nothing to play in ARK during quarantine, I guess the best thing to do is really go out there and take some fresh air. Gaming can be understandably stressful and infuriating, so if you are new to PvP Official just be aware of the circumstances involved, play responsibly and don't let things get to your head, specially in this period of time. If your base is found... It's likely a relentless '24hr+' no sleep battle to keep your base alive. If offline raid, then say goodbye to all your work. Just expect these things.

They were really kind people and even helped me out with starter kits and resources or just offered help if I ever get raided...
I hope better things are ahead and waiting for them in life for being such cool friends to play with. Here I decided to share their untold war-story to immortalize the goodness within them, before slowly finding themselves fall down a dark path. I fear a lot of similar events are bound to happen so use this as a lesson to not tilt so hard and just go chill.
This is peak gaming on PvP Official servers for you.

It's why, at the same time, I may seem like I contradict myself because don't believe in the saying: "It's just a game bro, who cares, forget about it." (But one is careless, and the other is chill).
Because even though virtual, we are still interconnected in many other ways and still share emotional bonds and effects such as empathy, hatred, love, friendship, betrayal, etc.
It is still a real living/feeding/breathing human being (with their own life influence upon them) on the other end of the internet which many seem to forget or deliberately put aside.
This incident awakened a deep sense of Humanitarianism within me to do something about it, whether ingame or real life but this game clearly doesn't revolve around such things, it is us who has to play around the "metas" of ARK even though it is terrible, unbalanced, unfair, anger-inducing, or whatever.
Maybe it is time; to give up on trying to make a difference or impact. Instead, just let things flow... Allow destruction to run its course to pave way for change to happen. Besides, one learns a whole lot more from failure than from success. There is always something to take from a downfall, if one hasn't forgotten to look.
Anyone else got such "Stories of ARK" to tell from your experience?

Edited by JetSetz aka cryptonite89
I changed my mind.

Today I finally used almost all of my dodo eggs! I had about 320 eggs (been accumulating them for a long time), now I have 17 and a whole lot of Basic kibble (much more useful!)

Also, accidentally trapped Nightshade (my current favorite tek rex) in my allo trap while killing a paracer that fell into it. Luckily, I had a cryopod on me, so getting him out was simple.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos

Well today, I actually left a tribe that i've been in for months. Then I stole all the dino's that the leader said I could take. I started my own tribe called Rainbow Drops. And right now im heading out to tame a lvl 100+ doedic. Well, at least im somewhat lucky. Earlier, near the place I live, I found a lvl 300 female equus. There is no stopping me from taming it. Plus, high lvl imprinted equus babys in my server is worth a major soothing balm. Lucky me!

ok so the last few days have been hectic on the server. our tribe is at war with another tribe (nothing toxic) because i accidentally killed one of their people and a bloodstalker. in my defense they were near our base and i was a bit worried so i took care of him. so after the first attempted attack on our main base we realized we needed more defenses. yes we have a lot of turrets as is. but we do not want to loose our base. so Riley and i went out to tame some turtles. holy crap does it take forever, the 180 turtle we found which had very high hp (using HLN-A) it would be constantly attacked by sharks and the swarms would occasionally hit it. i was sitting on a sea stack hauling any fish out of the water and shotgunning the occasional shark, at one point some turd decided to shoot our turtle as he was nearly tamed. after a while i left to get a snack. came back to see Riley had tamed it up. Riley went back and got the breeding pair we had used before. we added the health into a new pair and began breeding them. we saved a few mutation we ended up with and combined them into  triplets 2 females and 1 male. we bred them a few more and ended up with 10 turtles ready to be used as turret tanks. when back at base we killed about 50 rexes each with the turtles (yes we have that many rex eggs) pumped all into HP. we then made some acs saddles that had around 100 armor which i dont remember us getting. they were super expensive but worth it. i spent forever killing bugs in the bog with a frog and sloth and riley was smashing rocks like mad lad. Skull and Joe both grinded bullets. each turtle had about 20-30 heavy turrets on their back as well as one mounted miningun and one mounted rocket turret. we called in a few favors and managed to get another tribe of 4 to join us. we devised a plan to attack their base as TIB had scouted it out earlier and found a weakness, they supply their turrets with 2 main generators. and each can be easily destroyed with a well placed rocket. the plan was to use well placed rockets to destroy the generators and then use magmasaurs to brake down the metal walls. the turtles would act as defense for our group as they would quickly kill off any hostiles with their turrets, as well a tanking a few hit along the way. we had enabled fliers for the first 24 hours of the war to allow for scouting and possibly resource transferring to be done easily, we used this to our advantage as we had tamed some argents and tapejars. btw we used a tek teleporter to transfer the stuff, we aint spending forever walking 10 turtles across a biome. we sent 3 turtles in to tank the bullets and draw fire while Riley while holding my in the argents talons flew from another way. i had 3 rocket in case of missed shots. we came across a problem, when i blew up the generator room the turrets did not turn off, so we figured they had more gens around the base. we improvised and used some turtles and magmasaurs with high HP to tank the hit. we had a bunch of pigs sitting on some turtles and 2 yuty's courage roaring, we used ambergris on the magmas to heal them fast. while the rest of us shot at the gate. we eventually made a hole into their base. but we still had turrets firing. so we shot a few magma balls and managed to brake most, we sent in a trio of magmasaurs ridden by me, Riley and skull. a lot of their tames must have been in cryos as their were barely any in the base. we spewed magmaballs everywhere destroying their base. the tribe eventually realized they were being raided when someone spotted us attacking their base. we eventually flattened the base to the ground and took what resources we felt we had earned for the raid. all in all we took a lot of their resources like metal, gun powder, polymer and paste as well as about 1k element. we left the rest of their stuff in some vaults that were code locked. i messaged them the code and they got their stuff back. i think that will be the last we see of them for a while. again this is not a toxic war. we done it for a but of fun and they accepted to the terms that either tribe can attempt to wipe the others base.

btw i have been typing this over the past 3 days when i have had the chance. a bit of an update. we have had complaints from small tribes about us wiping the other big tribe as they are now worried we will wipe them for fun. i reassured them as technically the supervisors of the server we dont wipe small tribes, if they desire pvp raiding with us there are restrictions in place for both sides. the other alpha tribe still play but they have moved off of gen back to rag. i got word from allies on other maps that they are pretty salty about our win and planning a full scale raid on some of our other bases. again its part of the server rules that they can go this so long as the targets accept. we are deciding on whether we will accept or not. anyway over the past few days i have been working on a magmasaur breeding base. its not done yet but hopefully it will work for what i plan to do. also really cant wait for crystal isles this winter

Today I hatched some allos, then killed them because they didn't have any health or melee mutations.

Hatched three tek rexes as well, no mutations, but one was female and with good stats, so I'm raising her now.

Also, yesterday but too important not to write about it: I killed a level 50 Alpha rex. Only killed level 20-25 ones before, so I took two allos with me just in case my rex alone wouldn't be enough. It was pretty easy, but mostly due to the Alpha rex deciding that it doesn't want to fight and would rather run, so aside from some stomp damage my dinos weren't hurt at all.

On 3/15/2020 at 8:15 PM, Chudz66 said:

Been drawing my blood for days. And now it's paid off, I tamed my first Bloodstalker! Then I got picked off that one and tamed another low level one. Woo Hoo! These things are super cool, but I am THE worst bloodstalker driver in the world. 

I'm sorry, but you are not. I AM THE WORST Bloodstalker rider of all time!  In fact my Bloodstalkers just sit at my base, because I don't even find them enjoyable to use.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, poratojp said:

Nothing, my official server goes down for more than 6 hours, normal because it goes down every day, too much lag, we play on the official thinking we are safer and then it offers us a great service, very bad the quality of the servers, both in pve and pvp, I already played both, I have more than 2k hours, all the services offered are of very poor quality, what pays and the game, I never buy another game from the waid card, see the server quality here https://www.battlemetrics.com / servers / ark / 447485

You should look into unofficial servers. smaller player count a lot of times, and restrictions on base size and tames limits so the lag usually is much less.