So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

So after the issues with Linux servers...I finally booted up my unofficial server and had a run around Genesis.

One thing I've noticed is it's a whole lot more dangerous than most other maps (dont be fooled by the 'easy' spawn).

I jumped around each biome to get a feel for them and after being ambushed on the moon and freezing to death in the snow, I decided to stick to the bog.

I wasn't too worried about settling down straight away until I could find myself somewhere semi-permanent.

After a while I settled down in one of the giant trees.  The entrance is elevated and surrounded by rocks so it is completely safe from wild dinos.  Which is lucky as a 145 sarco and a spino have moved in.

I have put a makeshift taming pen on the ground as taming anything in the open just seems like a nightmare and tamed a 140 raptor. This will be my exploration dino for now.

I am planning on taming the sarco and the spino if they're still around as they'll be better than the raptor.

Next move is metal up ! And get exploring!

I'm turning this playthrough into a YouTube series if anyone is interested

• Like 2

Today: expanded base even more, now I can afford to unpod my bronto, which is good because I'm too lazy to make more pods, but not quite lazy enough to limit my breeding so that I won't need more than four free pods at a time.

Tamed a high-level male diplo because I already have two low-level females, so might as well get a male and try breeding them (but only for pretty colors, so anything that doesn't look nice will get killed).

Got six eggs from my allos, hatching them now to see if maybe this time they got mutated in anything useful (the curse of my allo line, if it can even be called that, are mutations on stamina, oxygen and weight. It's always those three stats, never health or melee).

54 minutes ago, HotCoco278 said:

Not what I did today, but what I did yesterday:

Lost a Bronto (m first one too)

Tamed an Itcthyosaur 

Lost Itcthyosaur

Tamed 2 Megladons

Lost  a Megladons

Not fun day

(P.S. I am very new to ark think lvl 55-ish. These were hard losses)

Sooner or later you just start brushing it off. I do understand the situation and feeling though from when i was new.

Felt like sharing a death too

My tamed beetle committed suicide last night by parking it's bum on the ground torches having climbed up a few steps just to land on them and get stuck. 

Laugh it off and carry on. Tombstone reads: beetle - super toasty! 

2 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

Sooner or later you just start brushing it off. I do understand the situation and feeling though from when i was new.

Felt like sharing a death too

My tamed beetle committed suicide last night by parking it's bum on the ground torches having climbed up a few steps just to land on them and get stuck. 

Laugh it off and carry on. Tombstone reads: beetle - super toasty! 

Oof, are beetles on standard ark? If not what DLC?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HotCoco278 said:

Oof, are beetles on standard ark? If not what DLC?

Yep beetles are standard Dino's usually found in caves feed them poop they create fertiliser and a little oil.. very useful Dino's. 

Have a look on Google for ark wiki all Dino's and tame help and what they are for can be found there, if you get stuck ask here everyone will help.  

Hope you will enjoy ark. ?

I play Xbox we don't get any mod Dino's but those we get are all useful in some form. Are you single player or server? What map are you playing?

Edited by SnowboundGem

It’s been months since I played, but like many others, I decided to log back in to check out the DLC. I started in the easy Bog. Easy, hehehe . . . . . Here’s a few highlights.

1 – I’m sneaking past a Bary who is munching on bog fish not far from shore. I’m almost past when I bump into something sturdy that smells vaguely of cheap cologne. I look up and see a Carno towering over me.

The Carno glares down at me with beady eyes and says, “ 1 – 2 – 3, not it!”

“Wait, what?” I begin. “You’re not what?”

“Dinner!” he replies then beams a toothy smile at me.

I turn to run.

Nom! Nom! Nom!

2 – Not long after that, I’m fleeing along the marshy ground, trying to avoid smacking into any trees, or tripping over their exposed roots, while being pursued by a gym-bro Daeodon.

“Leave me alone,” I shout over my shoulder, between gasping breaths.

“Bro!” he says. “You need to stop with all this cardio, and I’ll help you pack on the mass.”

“I don’t believe you,” I shout before I jump over a fallen tree, skid a little on the landing, then keep running.

The Daeodon effortlessly clears the tree and continues his pursuit. “Hey, no Curls, no Gurls!”

“Stuff it, pig! And why are you wearing a tank top that’s like three sizes too small?”

“Because, you gotta dig deep! And if the bar ain’t bendin’, you’re pretendin’!”

“That’s not even an answer, you-“

Yah, that’s about the point I ran out of stamina.

Nom! Nom! Nom!

3 – “Insect swarm, what’s an insect swarm?” Two seconds later, “Auuuugh!”

4 – I fix my first glitch on top of some big metal ramp that’s by some giant hole. I’m heading back down when I see a carno wandering up. I figure I’ll give him a smack and then run off, having scored some small bit of revenge against his kind.

He charges as I get closer, and I stab him when he’s in range with my balsa wood spear. It breaks of course, but I’m not sticking around to fight, so it’s no big deal. I veer around him, and just when I’m almost past, he wallops me, sending me flying off the ramp. 

Famous baseball announcer, “It could be, It might be… It is! A home run!”

Me: *SPLAT!*

5 – I tame my first dino, a dilo named, “Goner.” He’s eaten ten minutes later by another insect swarm. “Beepity, Beepin! Insect swarms!”

6 – I’m out on my frog, Freeda, and we’re looking to get some sweet, sweet cementing paste. “Whoa! Carno over there we better head—“ KAPRO ATTACK!

We fly through the air for what seems like a mile before we land in the mud and water with a splash. I’m stabbing him with my metal pike for all I’m worth. He’s low level, I just might make it…. He dies.

“Ha, ha! I did it,” I shout to the heavens, and am immediately Kapro Attacked again, by a high level one.

Nom! Nom! Nom!

“Beepity, Bleepin’, Kapros.”

On my way back, I get the message that the carno ate Freeda. “Bleepity, Beepin’, Carnos!”

Yep, Ark is still Ark!

Edited by Chudz66
My italics didn't paste right....
  • Like 2

Logged in to find myself dead. Just dead, not killed by anything (not even killed for falling under the mesh, which I heard happens to people sometimes).

Respawned, made the most important things ever (a GPS, a spyglass and a canteen), grabbed some slightly-above-basic-quality cloth armor from the inventory of my tek rex (yay for me always forgetting to throw unneeded loot from the hunts out! Sometimes it ends up useful).

Saw that the troughs are all empty, went on a short meatrun with the aforementioned rex, then on a berry run with my procopto, filled the troughs.

Saw that my new female tek rex is fully grown, mated her to her father, then enabled mating on my main male allo (on the females it's always enabled), gathered the eggs, put them in the hatchery.

And that's all I did today. Currently I'm just waiting for the eggs to hatch. At least the allo eggs, the tek rex one I might pick up and finish tomorrow.

so i am only now just getting the time to type my first experience on genesis. i hoenstly cant remember whether i have already posted or not, last few days have been hectic with exams and other RL stuff. anyway so here it is.

so i went to my friend riley's place (if you have read some of my older posts you know who he is). he has 2 xboxes both with ark on them. just to make it easy to remember the friends names where TIB, ducky, joe and skull (these are the fist parts of their annoyingly long names)

so riley me and 4 friends log onto riley's cluster server which now and genesis. the plan was 3 of us spawn in the bog, 3 spawn in the snow biome. we establish a base in each. so riley joe and i spawned in the bog only to be killd by a large pack of X-raptors we eventually set up camp in a cave. we had tamed 3 high level parasaurs and used them to gather berries. we also had them set to sonar as the server is sort of public and PvPvE. after an hour of grinding narcotics we all had 100 arrows, 100 plain narcotics and 30 bolas. we set out to tame something worthy of our so called alpha tribe (we really weren't). i found a 174 barry tormenting a frog. i knocked it out and barricaded it then asked the guys if we were able to get prime fish meat in the swamp. ,joe came to me and gave me 12 prime fish meat. he also somehow managed to tame 5 freaking raptors in the time it took me to knock out one bary. as we started taming the bary everything seemed to just aggro on us. carnos, raptors, the swarms somehow killed the bary and we lost all the raptors in the battle to defend the bary. so we made our way back to base to fix all our stuff and gather more narcotics. we returned to see a sarco had tore through our wood base and killed 2 of the parasuars. the third then died from swarms. man the bog is not a good place to start, but us being determined not to give up trudge on. with absolutely no tames we decided the best plan of action was to tame a blood stalker. i was out scouting for some high lvls while joe and riley farmed their own blood. btw i think players should be allowed to harvest blood from dead player bodies, cause by 1 hour in we had piles of bodies. anyway while out scouting i found a 180 X raptor. having only a few tranqs i played it smart by making 3 clubs. i bolad the raptor and it only took about 20 tranqs, give or take. after killing a sarco for prime i made my way back with a raptor following behind me. when i got back to base riley and joe both had just over 200 between the both of them. after hearing how many blood packs it takes to tame one high lvl one we decide 3 people wont be enough. so we call over skull, TIB and ducky. after another hour we had enough to tame one high lvl. but we needed to tame at least 3. so we put out a message on the server and in discord saying that we were looking for people to help us harvest blood. only 2 people signed up so we decided to take it by force. the then went around to peoples bases, abducting them and imprisoning them for their blood. 4 hours later and like 1 am for me and riley we had 3000+ blood packs. we then went out to find some blood stalkers. we found 2 174s and a 180. riley and i took the 174s and joe took the 180. mines instead of going for me attacked my raptor, rip unnamed raptor. well it then latched to me and tamed up in like 30 mins. an hour later joe and riley had not finished yet. about 2 hours later we finally had 3 tamed. we went back to base and bred them up. we were surprised to learn we cant move the egg, so we placed the ACs down then picked them up once done (pick up timers were like 30 days cause riley changed it). we managed to get some good stats and bred the best stats into a pair which we then bred them. we gave some to the people who helped us (botg willingly and unwillingly). we then decided it was time to use our magnificent new creatures. was the fastest learner but still not good. skull, TIB and ducky went back to the snow biome to get those feroxes. riley had managed to knock out 7 high lvl raptors while we were out so we went prime hunting. i found a lvl 60ish spino, with my lvl 200+ spider 100% imprinted and decently lvled in melee and health i decided i was all good to fight it. 5 minutes later i am running for my life. my bog spider under 200 HP. i manage to escape. i was confused as these things are called the apex predator, yet can die to a spino. i brushed it off and went back to base. we now have Bary and X-squad. after fortifying the base and upgrading to stone we decided to go to the artic and tame some feroxes. riley, joe and i teleported to the artic and made it to our base. well in the time it took for our group to make a base. the other group had been killed, trolled, attacked by yutys and much more, they barely had a base. so we all build a base. it was held by mostly stone pillars. the main base was high up. yutys are fairly common making them a pain. same with wolves, theirz and sabers. after making some fur and taming some horses, sabers and wolves we traveled out. skull tib and ducky left before us as they were more prepped in terms of fortitude. while they slowly and dangerously made their way through the snow riley, joe and i teleported there using HLN-A. after so amny killed feroxes and a few close calls with transformed ones i found a 180. i had been told they were like jerboas so i brought some plant Y seeds over from the bog. i gave them to my ferox. 5x taming gave me insta tame. riley found a 168 but he decided to passive tame it. well that did not go well for him as he died and risked my ferox. we then decided to KO tame it to save the trouble. we came back with 5 feroxes all up. really loving genesis so far. 

• Like 2

Genesis story continued...

So as previously planned, I have made the jump to metal (but still neglecting any armor for some reason...) and began building some keep level CKFR foundations for the move to the snow biome.  The bog is far too dark and cluttered with trees for me.

As previously mentioned the level 20 spino has now been replaced by a 150 X Spino.  I thought that was perfect and began raining tranq arrows from my elevated inside tree base....this did not go well, the spino is big enough to just walk over the rocks and get right at me, even through the tree trunk..

After about 10 deaths, I hastily built a stone gateway taming pen and trapped the spino in there (I did lose my X Raptor during this process).  Only after knocking this guy out did I notice that 'X' dinos seem to have a base 200% melee which would account for my many armorless deaths.

So with the spino tamed (and a friend getting me a saddle) I finally feel a bit safer around the bog.  I tamed a frog for the cementing paste and a high level Sarco as backup and am using these to ferry metal and resources back and forth to the base in relative safety.

I've now crafted a longneck and am beginning to make bullets in preparation for tranq darts and will craft up some chitin or fur armor depending on how much longer I'm planning on staying in the bog.

Next steps for Thursdays stream: (I dont know why I plan 'next steps' ..... best laid plans and all...)

- Tame a Bloodstalker once I get enough bloodpacks

- Explore the rest of the Bog to make sure I havent missed anything interesting

- Farm resources and craft building mats ready for the move to the Snow biome

- Explore the Snow biome for a base location

- Make the move!

If I get enough time to do all of this

• Like 2

so this happened a few days ago, but i have only had the past 24 hours or so to talk about my genesis experience. my first post happened on the weekend over the duration of saturday and sunday (around that time). 

i went over to riley's on tuesday to see how the bois were. well we had an attempted raid in the snow biomes. the actual alpha tribe of the server decided they wanted to try and test our forces. riley said they came with 1 yuty, 3 rhinos, 2 bloodstalkers and 1 ferox. skull had been breeding blood stalkers and feroxes during that time so they had disposable ones to use in the defense. joe, TIB and riley were free to log on and help defend. they sent 5 feroxes onto the rhinos.  they dismounted the yuty rider and later killed the yuty.  the blood stalker riders ran away after the yuty was gone, and the ferox was killed easily by our ferox horde. they looted a few bags and got some sweet gear. when i logged on i was handed a pump shoty with 500ish damage. they got it off the yuty riders corpse. btw they were not troll raiding. they did check to see if we had anyone online and they did announce in the discord server and game chat they were going to raid us since we were online. well i dont exact;y know how to breed feroxes. but i do know they need to be addicted, or something like that. so when i logged on we had alot of addicted feroxes. me being a bit worried took all my worthy tames and put them in pokeballs (cryopods). well when i came back. skull gave me a cool suprise. skull had gotten a red underbelly and blue back. so he bred them together. he also stacked a few other mutations in  so i had 3 health and 5 melee muts. my new ferox which i named stitch (from lelo and stitch) was a beast. at full addiction he done 1000+ damage. he is also fully imprinted. so after a while of testing out my new ferox joe asked if we wanted to do a mission called the bog beatdown. it sounded like a boxing match game so i accepted. he said to bring some tames and the best armor we wad cause it get hectic. i asked what we do in it but he said it was a surprise. when we got there i suddenly felt like this was not going to be a boxing match. he said to mount the tames and get ready, i suddenly had an OSD like vibe. i was right this was a wave based mission. well we screwed up bad, we decided to ride out tames, we were teleport-ed out. but the creatures were coming to the border. i not sure what we were doing was fair or not, but we could hit them throught the border. we won and i got some sweet tek armor, we done beta and game a few more times and grinded for hexagons. i now have like 100 000 hexagons. anyway riley set up this new system for the blood stalkers. if you hand in creature items like spino sails or sarco skin, you get blood packs, each item gives different amounts. giga hearts being the most with 100 blood packs. this just makes things easier to tame them till they are fixed or buffed. so with the new blood packs system in place i went hunting for some items, i managed to get 5000 packs all up. i went out and tamed some stalkers. i bred some raptors that TIB had tamed and cryoed the babies. when i went to tame some bloodstalkers i fed them 10 raptors each. they tamed up soo fast. i got better stats than what we had, decided to breed some up. i now have a pitch black 100% imprinted bloddstalker with betterstats. i called it venom for the time being. well i had no idea what to do with my new blood stalker. so i posted in chat and on discord saying i was on a bloodstalker and hunting players for fun. well i found someone who had a bunch of cryoed creatures. they had some turtles they must have been transporting aswell as some eggs. joe and skull had been attempting turtle tames while i was doing my own thing, i not sur eif it wa sa bug, but i have seen vids of it. the turtles can climb the sea stacks. anyway they gave up and left them. i had just gotten some from a player for free (aside form me knocking him out). i took the eggs and cryopods back to base and threw out the tutrles with best help, hatched the eggs. a few hours later i had babies with the best stats. feeling bad i asked in chat were the dude lived, someone answered saying he is located in the ocean biome. i said in chat i had a suprise for the dude. well when i got to his base it was chockablock with plant X and velanos. i asked for him to come to the sea stack i was on as i had something to return to him. i gave him back the turtles and said thx. he was kinda chill considering i took his tames for a while. anyway i logged off happy with our progress.

• Like 1

So I finally started porting to other biomes in Genesis. I managed to get some obsidian and oil in the Arctic without freezing to death. I went back to the Bog and somehow made it back to base, seeing as I didn't bring a tame with me. Then I decided I needed pearls and went to the ocean. Took a while, but I finally found some clams and grabbed a bunch. I had to teleport a couple of times around there before finding a spot. After that, I ported back to the Bog, un-cryo'd my Carno, Krewl, and headed back toward base.

We were close and fighting a fair amount of stuff when I got Kapro'd again. (Blargh!) A daeodon ate me before Krewl could help. (Double Blargh!) But I spawned at base, and rode out on my other carno, Mortley. By the time we got there, Krewl had finished everything off, so I grabbed the pearls and salt off my corpse, and we headed back. So I'm back at base, and everything is stored away when I realize my raptor is gone. The only thing I can think of is maybe I ported a little close to base and managed to bring him along. I think I would have noticed if he popped in with me, but who knows. If that's the case, not sure which time it was, and I don't recall which areas exactly I ported to. *Sigh*

So I'm going to raise a glass to Goretek, may we meet again some day....

1 hour ago, Chudz66 said:

So I finally started porting to other biomes in Genesis. I managed to get some obsidian and oil in the Arctic without freezing to death. I went back to the Bog and somehow made it back to base, seeing as I didn't bring a tame with me. Then I decided I needed pearls and went to the ocean. Took a while, but I finally found some clams and grabbed a bunch. I had to teleport a couple of times around there before finding a spot. After that, I ported back to the Bog, un-cryo'd my Carno, Krewl, and headed back toward base.

We were close and fighting a fair amount of stuff when I got Kapro'd again. (Blargh!) A daeodon ate me before Krewl could help. (Double Blargh!) But I spawned at base, and rode out on my other carno, Mortley. By the time we got there, Krewl had finished everything off, so I grabbed the pearls and salt off my corpse, and we headed back. So I'm back at base, and everything is stored away when I realize my raptor is gone. The only thing I can think of is maybe I ported a little close to base and managed to bring him along. I think I would have noticed if he popped in with me, but who knows. If that's the case, not sure which time it was, and I don't recall which areas exactly I ported to. *Sigh*

So I'm going to raise a glass to Goretek, may we meet again some day....

thye should add a teleportation log, so if anything happens you can look at the log. also it would be cool to be able to favourite certain teleport locations. that way you can just press a button and teleport there.

• Like 1

Today: found a big unpillared place, put some foundations on it so that it stays unpillared while I'm making fence foundations for it, and, well, it's my new base now. A bit bigger than the old one. And a LOT more comfortable to build in, thanks to not being sandwiched between two heavily pillared areas. The only inconvenience is the lack of an available source of water, but maybe I could stretch the pipes all the way from my old base.

After placing the base for a fence I've made a craft area with an industrial forge and stuff ("stuff" stands for everything except replicator because I don't do bosses, therefore don't have tek), placed two wind turbines, and built what soon will become a greenhouse and a hatchery (3 foundations wide hatchery! Probably small by everyone else's standards, but GIANT compared to what I used to have). And, obviously, added gates, behemoth and normal (both metal, because alpha rexes are somewhat common in the area). And a wall. Made entirely out of metal railings, because why the hell not. All that's left is a house. And a convenient way of getting up into the crafting place on the cliff (a way that doesn't involve using argies, rexes or deinos, that is). oh, and walls for the hatchery. And the greenhouse. And the workshop. Because it's all just foundations right now.

So basically my day consisted almost entirely of metal and stone runs.

Oh, and I killed a level 20 alpha rex today. It was my fourth alpha rex (and they all were around that level), but it was the first one I killed using Nightshade (tek rex, as I dare to remind) - the first one fell victim to my allo pack, and the 2 others I killed while riding Nightshade's mother, Empress.

Edited by AllOfTheAllos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swordguy said:

While waiting for Official servers to restart, I took a screenshot of a funny typo. Given the recent mess-ups with patches, the typo is quite fitting.

image.thumb.png.a84d070cabc8889eb56c68146aba54e4.png

Related to typos, given that WC "Arked" a few folks with the build changes I found the patch notes refreshingly correct.  ?  Pretty sure they also meant to say "genesis nightmare"  ;D 
image.thumb.png.18605da1842877c886cfe2d49aa1f239.png

• Haha 2

Well i decided everyone was gunna be playing genesis so i started a new run on rag pvp small tribes. Yesterday was pretty much entirely spent getting a ghetto forge and smithy pad built on the beach and laying in bushes crafting bows until i could tame a ptera and make a saddle. Very boring 1st day but at least it got the noob grind out of the way. Then i flew to my favorite super secret hush hush base location and built a new pad and bed there and gathered up about 2500 metal. Since i wanted to keep my area small im running without the 8 or 12 forges i normally like to build so while the metal cooked i went looking around.

I had intended to shove my stuff in a box, kill myself and respawn nekkid on the beach to craft bows. Instead of bow crafting, these two guys presented way too convenient of a target and I ran my nekkid booty over there and punched one of them unconscious and took his stuff (I'm specced move speed and melee damage and some health and stam in early game). His buddy spoiled my fun and started hacking at me with an axe tho so i had to cut my looting short. I sprinted away and leapt off a huge cliff sailing prolly 100 feet through the air to land in the bay where i swam into the river system and escaped. I hid a box underwater to stash the loot so i could return for it later. It was mostly garbage but it did get a purple sickle and a masterwork iguanodon saddle BP. Not the most glorious loot but both are actually useful to me.

Now that i had my trusty stolen sickle i decided it was a great idea to try to tame my dreaded enemy. The lowly pelican. Ichthyornis are incredibly irritating. I hate the little buggers always chasing me down and stealing my stuff. But! they are an important part of my plan. I need them to help me tame things since I dont have the luxury of having the tames and facilities a lot of tribes have. Im a solo player, people complicate things. I found a convenient one and boloed it down and clubbed it out. Running to get narcoberries and looking for salmon to hack apart with my sickle is only marginally more fun than gathering metal (heh.) but it will all be worth it soon.

Tomorrow I hope to finish my base and get my hesperornis so the real fun can begin.

• Like 3

Today: a meat run, a berry run, couple trips to the old base to dismantle some more of it for materials (and to be a decent person, because maybe someone else gonna want the place now that I don't live there). Stretched the pipes to the new base, placed a cryofridge (which I made yesterday, along with twelve more cryopods), started building the house, finished the walls and the roof of the hatchery and placed five ACs in it, so I can already start breeding things again, though nothing too temperature-sensitive. Pretty productive, though not nearly as much as what I did yesterday (then again, not a whole lot of things can compare to making a rather large chunk of land into something that's safe to live in in the span of a single day).

Of course I joined in on the excitement and played a little bit on Genesis. But with so many spawns broken on single player and it obviously being a map for endgame players to play on, it got me back onto The Island to carry on with my "Ultimate" run. And I think I can finally articulate what's wrong with the single player endgame progression.

Frankly, the game is balanced too heavily in favor of online play and the severe limitations of offline mode causes too many bottlenecks. I don't have tribemates to carry on with the grind, and I don't have a server running to keep production of mission critical assets moving. Even with my single player settings adjusted to account for these issues, Ark has turned into primarily an idle game for me. I've been "playing" for practically 2 days straight with my character sitting in a chair while I periodically return to pop some eggs, kill a bunch of babies, sit back in the chair again. Rinse and repeat.

On the bright side, I'm almost at a point where I can start building my "final" army. I'm done with HP mutations for now, they hatch with 20.2k HP which is exactly double the 10.1k I started with. I am immensely proud of advancing the line this far tbh, but my melee has lagged from the start. That's what I'm grinding out now, almost at the point where I'm going to call it for this gen. Just shy of 600% melee at hatching, up from my base 349%. One more mutation is all I'm looking for to push over that 600% threshold, which is how much melee my first gen rexes have after being leveled up.

I've also bred my yutys up and I now have a pair to bring to the Overseer. Not descendants of Yulia but a brother-sister team I've named Grito and Rira.

Deciding where to go from here. I still have some other preparations to take care of so I have time. Honestly I'm considering putting my first gen rex army back into play. I didn't cull them, they're just hanging around chomping the occasional seagull/argent. I'm thinking I could bring them into the Tek cave with me to use as my advance force, clearing the way for the main force to come in behind them. They're basically expendable at this point so I might as well make use of them.

• Like 1

so this weekend was pretty eventful and hectic. on the weekend riley and i were taming and breeding feroxes. we managed to get a ferox with slightly over 10k hp when transformed. the calculator marked it as too high for the tames level so we got lucky, the final stats were all extremely high. i think we have the best ferox stats on the server. me being the crazed ferox fan i was wasted over 100 element on breeding. luckily we have place on the server where you can breed feroxes. so i managed to breed out a few mutations and ended up with a fully dark blue ferox, a fully green ferox and my desired colours, a red bellied and cyan bodied one. i managed to 100% imprint it. i also traded some coloured feroxes for 20 X rex eggs, nothing with good stats, just so i could get some levels on my ferox. after mass killing babies i had 20+ levels to pump. i bumped my feroxes melee by 15 and the rest into HP. btw can someone answer this, if you level a ferox's movement speed does its attack speed increase, and if its food in increased, does its transformation time increase. anyway i got real cocky and went to the bog beat down. using my new ferox. we smashed gamma and beta but alpha posed a challenge. my ferox was being swarmed and my armor was nearly broken. luckily he pulled trough and killed everything. i got a acs longneck with 500+ damage. after that i went to the lava biome to try out my new riffle. well after walking around on my blood stalker fr an hour or so i spot a 180 X rex, right next to it is a 164 X rex. jackpot. i quickly throw together a trap and lead the 150 in. i feed it kibble and in 30 minutes he is up and ready to go. i then cryo him and knock out his friend, feed her kibble and tame her up. riley then tells me he has spotted some more high level rexes throughout the biome, so i go on a taming spree and end up with 12 rexes. is it just me or does genesis have better level rarity than the other story maps. its dino level rarity is like that of the free maps. so i head back to base and breed up, i managed to get the health and melee into a male, and the stam and weight into a female. i gave them a brake and realized we were low on some resources. so i done quite a long resource run. after a few hours of grinding i managed to get out 100K metal ingots, 200K stone, 50K paste, 5K oil, 20K polymer, 5000 element and a few other things. as i was building a 5th industrial forge and 5 more chem benches i heard a explosion outside the base. i saw alot of damage numbers and realized we were being raided. i fed our ferox squad of 20 and charged out. whistling them to aggressive, it was one of the bigger tribes on the server. they were not as built up as us but they were stacked on combat tames. they had 3 magmasaurs,  like 10 blood stalkers, 5 feroxes and 2 turtles. they then decided to throw out a space whale. i called joe, riley and skull on to help me fight. skull and riley used blood stalkers to kill the players. i stayed on the ferox to kill the bigger tames and joe used our spare dud rexes. well in the fight we lost half of our rexes, a few feroxes, 5 blood stalkers. we managed to defend the base but w ehad more loses. once we had killed 2 magmasuars, their whale, one of their turtles and a ferox they retreated, we also killed them a few times but they had a spawn hidden somewhere. we rebuilt the base and i made improvements. we heavy turrets, thick metal walls lined with spikes, alarms set, narcotic traps, every possible defence mechanism was used. by the time we were done fortifying the resources i had gathered was almost gone. i done a second smaller run to somewhat refill out supplies. i then went back to breeding som creatures. i managed to breed the rexes into a pair, i then bred them to haul out twins of different genders which i then got 6 females and 2 males out of. i then used them to get some mutations which i have stored in a fridge in out secure vault. in the time i had done that riley had tamed a but load of blood stalkers with good stats, so i bred them up and got use 2 breeding groups. i monitored one and riley monitored the other each consisted of a male with 6 females circled around. we got some cool mutations which i stored away for future uses. me being desperate for a better stalker. well i had bred myself a nice pitch black one and named it venom II, riley bred a mutated fully red one which he called carnage. mines had a few muts into health and melee but it was not heavily mutated. rileies on the other hand was stacked purely in health and melee after he lost to a X rex with an old one. we went out and tamed a bunch of random creatures which could pose useful for PvP like yuty's pigs, barys and theriz. riley wants to start on an ocean biome base. since we now have a sarco, bary and spino breeding line he says its time we expand to the water. so i built some metal platforms and gave them to him. so overall we had a successful weekend. we survived a full scale raid, improved the base and i tired myself to the point of collapse. literally i have not slept over the entire period of the weekend. when i got home i collapsed into my gaming chair and played some much deserved TF2 with my friends. one thing that worries me is if those raiders come back and i am not there, we may lose the base. since i am the best and honestly only PvP player in the server. btw we are located in the arctic biome. not gonna say where as i know people on the server i play on monitor the forums and this thread. so good luck finding that out guys. ?

38 minutes ago, Cymas said:

Of course I joined in on the excitement and played a little bit on Genesis. But with so many spawns broken on single player and it obviously being a map for endgame players to play on, it got me back onto The Island to carry on with my "Ultimate" run. And I think I can finally articulate what's wrong with the single player endgame progression.

Frankly, the game is balanced too heavily in favor of online play and the severe limitations of offline mode causes too many bottlenecks. I don't have tribemates to carry on with the grind, and I don't have a server running to keep production of mission critical assets moving. Even with my single player settings adjusted to account for these issues, Ark has turned into primarily an idle game for me. I've been "playing" for practically 2 days straight with my character sitting in a chair while I periodically return to pop some eggs, kill a bunch of babies, sit back in the chair again. Rinse and repeat.

On the bright side, I'm almost at a point where I can start building my "final" army. I'm done with HP mutations for now, they hatch with 20.2k HP which is exactly double the 10.1k I started with. I am immensely proud of advancing the line this far tbh, but my melee has lagged from the start. That's what I'm grinding out now, almost at the point where I'm going to call it for this gen. Just shy of 600% melee at hatching, up from my base 349%. One more mutation is all I'm looking for to push over that 600% threshold, which is how much melee my first gen rexes have after being leveled up.

I've also bred my yutys up and I now have a pair to bring to the Overseer. Not descendants of Yulia but a brother-sister team I've named Grito and Rira.

Deciding where to go from here. I still have some other preparations to take care of so I have time. Honestly I'm considering putting my first gen rex army back into play. I didn't cull them, they're just hanging around chomping the occasional seagull/argent. I'm thinking I could bring them into the Tek cave with me to use as my advance force, clearing the way for the main force to come in behind them. They're basically expendable at this point so I might as well make use of them.

try using the X rexes from gen, they kinda better than the normal rex, but the downside is it will take time to mutate them again. anyway i agree on the afking and idle gameplay. when i singal player and mass breeding things like gigas, i just set the game to slomo 100 (i know it goes to 10 its an act of habit) and i use the players only cheat to prevent egg spoil or egg health loss and random hatching.  know its cheating but i dont have the time to sit there. even with my current settings the breeding cool down is still like 20 mins to 1 hours, hell my mutation factory consists of 50 females and 10 males, out of 3 hours of afk speed breeding i get about 500 eggs which does not amount to much for me. strangely i seem to get mutations more often on servers than on signal player. i am also surprised my PS4 can handle it. although i have a portable aircon right next to it to cool it down.

Edited by Kodking194

try using the X rexes from gen, they kinda better than the normal rex, but the downside is it will take time to mutate them again.

By better u dont mean the bonus dmg and dmg resistance buff wild ones have right? Cos they lose it when tamed. Or are u refering to the lower hp and slighter higher dmg like aberrant versions of other dinos?

If starting a new line i would rather do with tek rex, easier find one with higher melee to start mutating then a normal one.