So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

On 2/1/2020 at 4:44 AM, GaryNorris said:

Spent most of my had looking for spino sails. Its almost like when you want to find a spino you cant, but days before I even realised that spino sails existed I could have easily found 10+ whilst not looking for them. Tried to come on to use the trade forum but cant because im an early bird :(

started to breed a rex army, got 7 so far. but I cant keep up with the imprints because of work so theyre all about 80%. 

When you get to the point where you can build (or acquire, like during the Christmas event) Cryopods, it makes imprinting so much easier.  You can pop out a Rex when you have some time to play the game and them pop them back into the cryopod before you leave the game and they retain the amount of imprinting each time.  Basically, you can accumulate imprinting in increments less than "all at once".  It is best if you can also build cryofridges, but cryopods work with or without cryofridges.  They are just cheaper when you can recharge them instead of crafting more.  Save the old burned out pods because they can be recharged when you can eventually build cryofridges.

21 hours ago, Stretch11 said:

When you get to the point where you can build (or acquire, like during the Christmas event) Cryopods, it makes imprinting so much easier.  You can pop out a Rex when you have some time to play the game and them pop them back into the cryopod before you leave the game and they retain the amount of imprinting each time.  Basically, you can accumulate imprinting in increments less than "all at once".  It is best if you can also build cryofridges, but cryopods work with or without cryofridges.  They are just cheaper when you can recharge them instead of crafting more.  Save the old burned out pods because they can be recharged when you can eventually build cryofridges.

I did not know that cryoing the babys worked! this is a god send

I've  been doing more preparations for solo boss fights on our private pvp Island server.

I finished the remaining caves so have all the artifacts and am just breeding Rex and Theri's.  As I'm getting mutations etc. the older, lower stat dinos are going to be thrown into the gamma bosses just to see how they do (I've never done any boss fights before).  My general plan for the initial bosses is 18/19 Rex/Theri + 1 Yuty and maybe a pig if needed (im not sure)

Depending on how they do (and what you guys may tel me), I may throw them straight into Beta bosses.

I also have Megatheriums breeding as I'm sure they are used in one boss I just can't remember right now.

Once I have my 20 dinos I'll be doing the boss fights on stream, which won't be embarrassing at all if its a complete fail.

Apart from that I have been breeding Argy's for colours and I'll attach the blue one I've recently got when I can upload a photo. (With this yellow mutation and the white colour, it does look like a fried egg when flying above...)

l1Qgmne.jpg

Edited by ThFcChRiS

3 hours ago, ThFcChRiS said:

I've  been doing more preparations for solo boss fights on our private pvp Island server.

I finished the remaining caves so have all the artifacts and am just breeding Rex and Theri's.  As I'm getting mutations etc. the older, lower stat dinos are going to be thrown into the gamma bosses just to see how they do (I've never done any boss fights before).  My general plan for the initial bosses is 18/19 Rex/Theri + 1 Yuty and maybe a pig if needed (im not sure)

Depending on how they do (and what you guys may tel me), I may throw them straight into Beta bosses.

I also have Megatheriums breeding as I'm sure they are used in one boss I just can't remember right now.

Once I have my 20 dinos I'll be doing the boss fights on stream, which won't be embarrassing at all if its a complete fail.

Apart from that I have been breeding Argy's for colours and I'll attach the blue one I've recently got when I can upload a photo. (With this yellow mutation and the white colour, it does look like a fried egg when flying above...)

l1Qgmne.jpg

Megs are broodmother as they get insect bonus when they kill her spider minions. That being said save your time and create uber theri army :) Do all bosses well only downside is veggie cake farming to optimize that.

18 minutes ago, Groovdog said:

Megs are broodmother as they get insect bonus when they kill her spider minions. That being said save your time and create uber theri army :) Do all bosses well only downside is veggie cake farming to optimize that.

Awesome, thank you! Maybe I'll take my Theri's in first to see how they do

Theris do wreck though. Big advantage for boss fights is their size, means more can get hits in on the bosses. We levelled some theris last week just to get a friend through gamma dragon. Had 25k health and 800m. Took plenty of damage even with a pig and yuty but none died. Then just for kicks we did alpha spider and alpha monkey and they breezed those fights. Thought the health might be on the low side for them but they eased through. Good luck mate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaveH said:

Theris do wreck though. Big advantage for boss fights is their size, means more can get hits in on the bosses. We levelled some theris last week just to get a friend through gamma dragon. Had 25k health and 800m. Took plenty of damage even with a pig and yuty but none died. Then just for kicks we did alpha spider and alpha monkey and they breezed those fights. Thought the health might be on the low side for them but they eased through. Good luck mate.

That's good to know! Thanks! 

Some colours that came out of the breedingCBK4D2g.jpg

20 hours ago, DaveH said:

Yep actually the biggest positive is size esp against the solo bosses. Not as helpful when you have 2 or more bosses in the arena.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we farm oil from Basilosaurs, cementing paste and polymer from Snails, and I was wishing that there were dinos that had metal to be farmed.  We tested a few methods for doing this and here are our results:

We locked a breeding pair of Tek Parasaurs in a building, hooked up a couple of A/C units and enabled mating.  If you use the "C" option of gathering with a Therizinosaur (I think it is a "bite"), you can get a lot (35 or so) scrap metal out of each new Tek Parasaur.  The advantage of not being able to attack your own dinos with other of your own dinos keeps the Theri from accidntally damaging the breeder Parasaurs.

We tried adding a breeding pair of Tek Raptors, but all of the dinos stacked on top of each other caused a fight and no Tek Parasaurs survived.  Also many of the babies grew up "embedded" in the floor and were difficult to get.

We advise using only Tek dinos that do not attack (like Parasaurs) and use a dirt floor (more of a "pen" than a "building").  The dinos will still grow a bit into the floor, but enough of them will be above the surface to attack with the harvesting Therizinosaur.  Unfortunately, the "C" attack of the Theri cannot be upgraded with its "harvesting points".  I will also experiment with adding an Oviraptor to increase egg drops.  Since our test was in the Southern Isles, we only used a couple of A/C units.  If you build such a setup further North, more A/C units may be required to keep the eggs at a hatchable temperature.

4 hours ago, Stretch11 said:

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we farm oil from Basilosaurs, cementing paste and polymer from Snails, and I was wishing that there were dinos that had metal to be farmed.  We tested a few methods for doing this and here are our results:

We locked a breeding pair of Tek Parasaurs in a building, hooked up a couple of A/C units and enabled mating.  If you use the "C" option of gathering with a Therizinosaur (I think it is a "bite"), you can get a lot (35 or so) scrap metal out of each new Tek Parasaur.  The advantage of not being able to attack your own dinos with other of your own dinos keeps the Theri from accidntally damaging the breeder Parasaurs.

We tried adding a breeding pair of Tek Raptors, but all of the dinos stacked on top of each other caused a fight and no Tek Parasaurs survived.  Also many of the babies grew up "embedded" in the floor and were difficult to get.

We advise using only Tek dinos that do not attack (like Parasaurs) and use a dirt floor (more of a "pen" than a "building").  The dinos will still grow a bit into the floor, but enough of them will be above the surface to attack with the harvesting Therizinosaur.  Unfortunately, the "C" attack of the Theri cannot be upgraded with its "harvesting points".  I will also experiment with adding an Oviraptor to increase egg drops.  Since our test was in the Southern Isles, we only used a couple of A/C units.  If you build such a setup further North, more A/C units may be required to keep the eggs at a hatchable temperature.

Although you cant automate it Steg yields are better. I gather the eggs and hatch them in sets of 50. Kill them all and harvest both xp and resources. The dino doing the killing matters as big AoE killers tend to not register all the kills esp. for materials. Next best is paras. Quetzs ok but not many have a good farm going. Raptors way too many problems....

Following the success of my first ever boss fight - Gamma Broodmother attempt, I took my 18 Theri's, Daedon and Yuty back to the obelisk to try the monkey and dragon.

Noob moments to mention:

- All my dinos had been sitting in the cryopod since the last boss fight not healing etc.
- My Daedon was also sitting on 0 food
- Sharing out the few cakes I had, resulted in them being eaten immediately...

So I'm sitting at the obelisk with half dead Theri's and a starving pig..

I did a quick meat run in an attempt to heal up the Theri's via the Daedon healing but they really didnt seem to recover much health at all (am I doing something wrong) at no point was the pig at full food which probably affected this.

So I go into Gamma Monkey, kite him to the entrance and proceed to kill him with no deaths, perfect!

So now I'm reading that the dragon is a lot harder than the other 2 and I'm beginning to second guess giving up in this stream to enable the dinos to recover health...Then at some strange thinking, I just jump straight into the Dragon fight..

Noob moment No.4:
- I still had my artifact holding otter on my shoulder

I go in, nothing is happening, I whistle all follow and walk forward a bit, still nothing... I then hear wings, turn around and am completely surrounded by Theri's whilst on the Yuty and cannot move.  We take out the Ptera's and the Dragon is hurling fireballs at the Theri pile but once I get a shot off at the Dragon, the Theri's attack leaving Yuty, Pig and I following behind.
Immediately Theri's start dropping and within a few minutes everyone is dead.

I lose everything, my artifacts, all my Theri's, Rare Sighting Daedon (which, I know, I should've bred like you guys told me) and my low level Yuty.

Future Plans:

So it's not all bad, 

- I can breed up 18 Theri's relatively quickly, this time I'll leave them out of the pods until full health
- Finding another Rare Sighting Daedon will be down to RNGesus
- Tame another Yuty (I'm assuming I just need high stamina for this)

So all in all, these were my first 3 boss fights I have ever done and managed 2.

Beta and Alpha seem very daunting for me right now after the Dragon fail but i'm hoping to get everything done before Genesis.

Sorry, for the huge essay but as always, any tips, hints etc are greatly appreciated.

Healing up 18 or so dinos can take a fair bit. A few pig fulls. When you fill the pig with food, fly out of draw distance and back, he will automatically eat all in it's inventory. If I'm doing multiple boss fights I'll cook up several fridges of meat first. Cooked meat is better for pigs.

As for the dragon. Yeah, mistakes, we all make them. Need full health going in,  and I take 5 cakes per theri. 

Pigs aren't rare though, boat loads of them in the tundra. 

Yuty, yeah pile points into stam. 

I would breed both pigs and yuty though so you've got a mating pair.

41 minutes ago, DaveH said:

Healing up 18 or so dinos can take a fair bit. A few pig fulls. When you fill the pig with food, fly out of draw distance and back, he will automatically eat all in it's inventory. If I'm doing multiple boss fights I'll cook up several fridges of meat first. Cooked meat is better for pigs.

As for the dragon. Yeah, mistakes, we all make them. Need full health going in,  and I take 5 cakes per theri. 

Pigs aren't rare though, boat loads of them in the tundra. 

Yuty, yeah pile points into stam. 

I would breed both pigs and yuty though so you've got a mating pair.

Thanks so much, thats some really useful information!  Especially the render distance for pigs!