So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Ark mobile has been disconnecting all day and I can rarely connect, however I was long enough for three allos to get in my base( I don’t know how my whole base is walled off) and then I got disconnected. I couldn’t do anything but whatch as all of my Dino’s were killed and my base destroyed. This game is so raptoring broken the devs need to figure their poop out

Ingots and more ingots! Flying around Redwoods (yutys are scary) for a high level megatherium for future Swamp Cave runs. Couldn't find any so I'm killing every one I see, to help promote spawns, and unintentionally pissed off a dimorph or 2....s@#!, make that 6 (I think ?) before I went to the great beyond. Went back to retrieve my argy and....☠️ That's all the sign I need. See you tomorrow, Ark ?

So I'm the owner of a PVP server although I'm playing more PVE as I feel a bit bad raiding players being an admin....

My main goal is caves and bosses, I've not done bosses before so I'm taking my time and concentrating on breeding for the first time also (I've done it for colour mutations before but not stats).

I have been breeding Argy's from 2 max level tames and have just had a baby pop out at level 260.  Once I have all the max stats available to me, on 2 breeding pairs, I'll aim for mutations. (This is probably wrong but I'm going with it)

I've been flying around The Island with a breeding shopping list of high level Trike, Stego, Megatherium, Theri, Rex and Giga for PVP bullet draining, caves and bosses.

I currently have found a stego, 2 trikes (one Rare Sighting) and one Megatherium but the rest are eluding me.  Once I have breeding pairs I will also be adding those to the Argy breeding routine.

Apart from that I am chasing down Rare Sightings (Found a really cool gold Direwolf) for tames or kills and will be expanding my base for the new breeding lines as well as an underwater pen.

I'll post updates once I have them.

Private server, The Island, two of us.

I have not posted since before Christmas and we have had quite a bit happen since then.  We still have not fought the Gamma Ape, but that is because we got stuck on the caves required to get the proper artifacts.  I had been assuming that some Baryonyxes would be sufficient, but there are lots and lots of jellyfish and eels to shock you off of your mount.

We tried the water cave on the West coast of The Island.  I rode a mid-level (~100) Basilosaur and Flont rode a high-level (> 200) Baryonyx.  When jellyfish or eels were sighted, I moved in front and chewed them up with the Basilosaur's immunity to shocking.  When sharks were sighted, he moved in front with the Baryonyx's spin-stun and we chewed up the sharks.  Unfortunately, there were places with everything attacking us at once including a Mosasaur and we coul dnot deal with it all at once.  Eels knocked him off his mount and he retreated to an air pocket with the Bary on land and I ran away drawing the crowd to a different part of the cave.  We eventually got through that part and discovered an Alpha Mosasaur.  We decided that our mounts were not sufficient to take this on since we thought that the Bary would not be able to stun it (the is still unconfirmed).  Since my Basie was below half health and half of Flont's armor was gone, we left the cave with the intent of coming back when we both had high-level Basilosaurs.  The sheer numbers of jellyfish and eels made using a Bary impractical.

When I was on by myself, I decided to go look for a high-level Basilosaur for breeding purposes.  I took my Baryonyx and headed along the coast towards Herbivore Island.  My usual strategy has been to get close enough to annoy the Basie's attendant Mantas and spin-stun them and kill them.  Then the Basie is available to be hand-tamed with kibble.  On the backside of Herbivore Island, I found a 149 Basie!  I checked my inventory and noticed that I had forget kibble and pods.  The pod was to make sure that the Basie got back to base intact and there had been an Alpha shark somewhere in the area earlier.  I swam back to the mainland with my Bary with the intent of running back to base for the kibble and pods (I always bring two just in case I get an unexpected find).  I noticed the Alpha shark swimming offshore and decided that I could not let it exist that close to the Basie.  I would hate to get it almost kibble tamed and have the Alpha shark kill it.

My Bary had taken down Alpha sharks before since it was able to spin-stun them, so I donned my scuba gear and we dived in after it.  I was doing well with the Alpha shark when it spawned in a couple of regular sharks to help it.  I can still handle that although it took a lot more concentration to keep all three stunned.  While I was paying attention to that , four jellyfish had snuck up behind me and shocked me off my Bary.  At that point, it was every man and dino for him/herself.  I had on fins, so I was able to get away from the jellyfish and climbed up on the shore.  As I stood there watching the ball of churning blood and flesh (a Bary, an Alpha shark, two regular sharks, and 4 jellyfish), I figured that I would probably just kill my Bary if I tried to shoot the jellyfish with my crossbow.  I settled down for the long wait to pick up the Bary saddle after the battle.  To my surprise, the Bary was keeping most everything stunned.  It eventually killed the jellyfish with the spins and I figured that I might be able to remount when all three sharks were stunned at once.  I swam out and hopped on the Bary and we finished off all of the sharks.

The rest of the trip back to base, I was very careful since my Bary was near death and most of my scuba gear was broken and a couple pieces of riot gear was in tatters.  We made it back, I got kibble and pods, I repaired my armor and waited for the Bary to heal, and then headed back via land.  As I came to the coastline across from Herbivore Island and donned my scuba gear for the journey, I noticed another Alpha Shark off the shore.  I checked for jellyfish (none in sight) and the Alpha Shark came right up out of the water and almost beached itself trying to get to me.  I figured I might be able to just shoot it with a crossbow for at least some of the damage.  While I was lining up the shot, a pack of 3 Raptors jumped me from behind and knocked me off my mount.  They were no match for me and my Bary even separated, but they had destroyed my scuba gear.  The Alpha Shark had swam away somewhere and I decided to risk it and swim across the channel.

The Basie was still there!  I took care of its mantas and started the kibble tame, jumping off the Bary from time to time to offer it kibble and then hopping back on to follow it until it was hungry again.  I noticed the Alpha Shark lazily swimming at a distance and kept an eye on  it.  When I fed what i assumed was the last kibble and the Basie was still not tamed, I noticed a second Basie right below me.  I had been taming two Basies as once and thus neither were fully tamed yet.  About then the Alpha Shark smelled me and started heading my way.  I took the Bary and headed it off before it got near the Basies.  It was not a problem although I had to surface from time to time since I had no scuba tank.  After I had killed it, I had to search all around the coast to find the two half-tamed Basies, but I got them both and podded them and made it back to base safely.

Now we have >200 level imprinted Basies, so the next task is to try the water cave off the West Coast again.

• Like 1

More what I plan on doing in ARK today than what I have done.

We have a planned mission tonight to bash the Alpha King Titan on our Extinction map before the server is re-purposed for the new Genesis (when it finally lands).

We tamed all the other titans earlier in the week and managed to get each at Alpha level and have a decent MOMI (megamek) to go ahead and mighty morph our normal Meks (power rangers).  Just short on players this time with only 3 of us - so hoping that we can still pull off a victory.  I'm gonna be flying high and safe on the Desert Titan, one on the Ice Titan and another in the Mega Mek - using whistle commands to get the Forest Titan to tank the King and with a highly in-bred army of Gigas to take up any slack and help out with the element veins.

.. then I'm back to working on my save game viewer tool to increase the accuracy of my map plotting and some user experience tweaks based on user feedback.

• Like 1

Well I hatched my first Little Theri on the breeding route for "Boss Fights". I still need to play cave cave to get the artifacts but starting to get the army going.

First baby is in Juvenile state at Health 10k and Melee at 400% (server set to 220 level cap) and I have a 105 armor saddle BP that I found in the cave on Rag for them. Hoping that saddle is good enough as the mats to make it are madness.

So all went to plan last night.  We gained an additional support player so went in with 4 players. 

1 ridden Mega Mek, 1 ridden high level normal Mek with rocket pods, ridden Ice Titan, ridden Desert Titan and aggressive/high targeting non-ridden Forest Titan.  Idk how many Gigas, all non-ridden - but they didn't do much more then provide entertainment when they were slammed and thrown everywhere by the King Titan.

Made the silly mistake of throwing my tek suit into the Desert Titan after beating the King to save my gear... then didn't bring the Titan closer to the floor before dismounting - looong fall, instant impact death!! Doh!  Luckily we have a small outpost up there so was able to re-spawn in a bed and get to into the light before the cut-scene started.

• Thanks 1

Installed and tested the Cnidaria Nerf mod. yeeeeeEEEEESSS! Works perfectly, they don't stun or dismount you anymore, but they still hurt and do torpor (and they will break your flippers pretty quickly). Just right as a threat. 

Although it says eels still dismount you. But eels don't dismount anymore, I've chewed up tons with a sarco. ?? w/e, water is much more balanced now. 

So yesterday I took out one of the breeded Megatherium and a tamed Baryonyx to solo test run a few caves before I stream them and put them into a YouTube video:

Lower South Cave - Artifact of the Hunter

This wasn't too difficult, I rode the Megatherium for the whole time and just sniped Arthro's from a distance, managed it with no problems.

Cave at 68/56 (cant think of the name) - Artifact of the Pack

Baryonyx needed for this as its quite low and there are also some water ways.  The only difficult thing here is the piranhas as they are not affected by the stun attack.  They do however have a really funny habit of jumping out of the water after you and insta dying!

Artifact of the Massive – South-East 70/86

This place is very hot!! Inhabitants were not too much of an issue but there are lots jumps over lava which I built some foundations across so I didnt lose my Megatherium.

All in all, it was quite successful but these are the easier of the caves

• Like 1

The Island, private server, two of us...

We beat the Gamma Ape last weekend.  We used 18 Rexes (levels 100 to 200+), a Yuty (ridden, 200+), and a Deaodon (ridden, 200+), all imprinted.  We messed up on the timing and our Rexes attacked the Ape on the bridge.  Four fell off immediately and we whistled the rest over to the Ape's starting arena.  Next time, we will immediately run across the bridge (carefully) to the arena because there are plenty of places to fall off around the teleporter where you arrive.  We only lost one Rex to battle and it was the last remaining 100+ Rex.  The rest were all 200+.  We only have stock saddles because I think only red drops have Rex saddles and the odds are still small of getting any particular item.  I am planning to raise more Rexes to fill in the holes and then we can try the Beta Ape.  Rexes seem to have been a good choice for the Ape.

We can theoretically build a Tek Replicator now, but we need more Element.  I am debating whether it is better to do Gammas or Betas (either the Broodmother or the Ape) to gather Element.  We will also be mining obsidian (for polymer) and metal like crazy for the building materials to make the Tek Replicator.  I am not sure whether it would be worthwhile to sink the resources into building an Industrial Grinder right now to get more resources from spare junk or if it would be quicker to use those resources to build the Tek Replicator and come back to the Grinder later.

Snails are awesome for generating lots of Cementing Paste and small amounts of Polymer (easier than clubbing baby penguins).  We only have one, but we might need to step up our game and start breeding them.  Basilosaurs provide more oil than we can possibly use.  If only there were a dino that generated metal...

We have started a breeding program for Therizinosaurs for the Gamma Dragon.  Although everything takes fire damage from the Dragon (usually only Carnivores take extra damage from fire), Theris can hold vegetable cakes and self-heal.  I guess we will be growing lots of crops and cooking lots of vegetable cakes soon.

14 hours ago, Stretch11 said:

The Island, private server, two of us...

We beat the Gamma Ape last weekend.  We used 18 Rexes (levels 100 to 200+), a Yuty (ridden, 200+), and a Deaodon (ridden, 200+), all imprinted.  We messed up on the timing and our Rexes attacked the Ape on the bridge.  Four fell off immediately and we whistled the rest over to the Ape's starting arena.  Next time, we will immediately run across the bridge (carefully) to the arena because there are plenty of places to fall off around the teleporter where you arrive.  We only lost one Rex to battle and it was the last remaining 100+ Rex.  The rest were all 200+.  We only have stock saddles because I think only red drops have Rex saddles and the odds are still small of getting any particular item.  I am planning to raise more Rexes to fill in the holes and then we can try the Beta Ape.  Rexes seem to have been a good choice for the Ape.

We can theoretically build a Tek Replicator now, but we need more Element.  I am debating whether it is better to do Gammas or Betas (either the Broodmother or the Ape) to gather Element.  We will also be mining obsidian (for polymer) and metal like crazy for the building materials to make the Tek Replicator.  I am not sure whether it would be worthwhile to sink the resources into building an Industrial Grinder right now to get more resources from spare junk or if it would be quicker to use those resources to build the Tek Replicator and come back to the Grinder later.

Snails are awesome for generating lots of Cementing Paste and small amounts of Polymer (easier than clubbing baby penguins).  We only have one, but we might need to step up our game and start breeding them.  Basilosaurs provide more oil than we can possibly use.  If only there were a dino that generated metal...

We have started a breeding program for Therizinosaurs for the Gamma Dragon.  Although everything takes fire damage from the Dragon (usually only Carnivores take extra damage from fire), Theris can hold vegetable cakes and self-heal.  I guess we will be growing lots of crops and cooking lots of vegetable cakes soon.

It sounds like you guys are a couple of weeks ahead of me on The Island.

I've just started breeding some 200+ Rex's for bosses and am yet to start my Theri line (I can't find any high levels anywhere!) and I have 5 of the caves completed so a few more left to do!

I have 3 snails and 3 dung beetles and have more paste, poly and oil than I could use!

I did tame a 175 Rare Sighting Daedon which I'll likely take into boss fights.

I've spent way too much time breeding Argy's which is really a waste of time but I love them !!dKxv2Zz.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThFcChRiS said:

It sounds like you guys are a couple of weeks ahead of me on The Island.

I've just started breeding some 200+ Rex's for bosses and am yet to start my Theri line (I can't find any high levels anywhere!) and I have 5 of the caves completed so a few more left to do!

I have 3 snails and 3 dung beetles and have more paste, poly and oil than I could use!

I did tame a 175 Rare Sighting Daedon which I'll likely take into boss fights.

I've spent way too much time breeding Argy's which is really a waste of time but I love them !!dKxv2Zz.jpg

We bred Argys quite a while back and they have been very useful (although not useful for boss fights).  Argys are our main source of transportation and will likely stay that way until we acquire Tek Teleporters. Since acquiring Cryopods, they are even useful for moving around dinosaurs.  I cannot recall the last time that i even stepped on a raft.  They are great for fighting Alphas mostly because they can choose to leave the fight if it becomes too rough.  They can carry most smaller and medum-sized dinos to drop in a taming pen.  It looks like you are slightly ahead of us on Argy tech.

I would advise breeding that Deaodon and not taking it into a boss fight where there is no escaping.  If you lose it and you have not bred it, you are back at square one.  It is hard to discipline yourself to not just ride your best dinos and instead breed them to get several before risking any that you cannot replace.

Spent most of my had looking for spino sails. Its almost like when you want to find a spino you cant, but days before I even realised that spino sails existed I could have easily found 10+ whilst not looking for them. Tried to come on to use the trade forum but cant because im an early bird :(

started to breed a rex army, got 7 so far. but I cant keep up with the imprints because of work so theyre all about 80%.