So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Got some more chibis and put some eggs in the fridge ready for hatching, did some metal and resource runs but nothing too time intensive because raptor clause.

Also downloaded jurassic world evolution as it is free with games for gold on xbox at the moment, may be useful the next time I need a break from ark.

PS4 - Unofficial Cluster 

Well I have been busy with work, so I haven't been posting much here, but I have continued playing  ARK.

On my main unofficial cluster, I went on a Giga spree, and have tamed 4 gigas in the last 3 days. A max level female, a near max level male (that I hit with an extra dart by accident) a decent level female, and then last night I tame a crap level but event colored female. 

Last weekend was my first times ever taking on the bosses on the Valguerro map, and my combination of Rexs, Tek Rexs and Reapers managed to handle the Gamma bosses multiple times, as well as once versus the Beta bosses.

I don't think the Reapers will survive against the Alpha bosses, as they got pretty beat up against the Beta.  But I have sooooo many reapers, as I am constantly trying to get event colored ones, and I just keep about any decent level baby, and turn them into a Boss Army. Sure without saddles, they take more damage, but they do get the Yuty buff, and so it has been worth it thus far.

Last week for a while my cluster was down because of the WC update, so I started playing on another boosted cluster. Everything is super boosted, but the food spoil rate is very high, so you need to do food runs alot, and TEK armor/gear is NOT unlocked, so I will need to do the boss battles to unlock. Also, the dino levels and points are super high, which also means wild dinos can hit HARD!  

Oh yeah, all stone buildings engrams are disabled, so I have to use either metal or wood gates for taming traps, and the pick up time is only 20 seconds, so I try to use wood whenever I can, but it cost me a max level (750) male owl, as he managed to break the gate, and escape after I got like 20 tranq darts into him. :(

I also got attacked by a level 600+ event Mana, and it just shredded my ASC armor (I found an abandoned base, and got some great loot)

I had to travel to Ragnarok to make cryopods, and on my way back to Extinction, my Owl that I uploaded disappeared, so that sucks, but I managed to tame a few more.

Not sure how long I will play on this alternate cluster, as I was really only doing it to pass the time while my main one was offline.  BUt it has been fun to be back on Extinction, as my current cluster only has Rag, Val, Island and Abberation.  Its a new cluster so perhaps eventually it will add Extinction, but with OWls, manas and gachas spawning on the Rag or Val maps, there is not a huge demand for it yet.

On 12/17/2019 at 2:51 PM, DaveH said:

How about Basils for the water caves? I always used to do them by sitting on a Bary and commanding an army of about another 5 Bary's, whilst a mate did the same. But I've converted to Basils of late as there's no need to ever worry about Jellyfish. 

We just tamed a Basilosaur.  Is there room for them in the water caves?  Will we need to pod and unpod them to get through tight spots?  We were planning on using Baryonyxes just due to size.

Couldn't be bothered looking up food recipes so I basically filled my inventory with everything and anything and a horse next to me full to bursting with anything used in cooking, gas and cooker and then just went nuts putting everything in.

I have more paint than I know what to do with, tonnes of meals, health potions, stimulant, kibble.. etc. 

Flew around the map with hubby chasing gifts for a couple of in game days.. managed so far to find 30 different chibis. Many multiples of them. Had to spawn a gatcha though cleared the map of everything over and over on meat runs can't find one gacha.

Completed 5 cave runs on the island this week and started a breeding program of theris and mags, need to start work on the rexes. Finally found 2 X max level to start a breeding program. 

Spent hours just grinding for resources. I keep turning game back on but can't think of anything else to do. 

Anyone have any good suggestions? I don't really want to waste this event I just don't like hanging around for midnight.

Sad that I don't have my Xbox one anymore so having to split screen with hubby on his... it died a tragic death caused by my 3 "adorable" cats. RIP!

Private unofficial server, The Island, two of us.

We completed the cave on Carnivore Island without too much problem.  We flew there using Argys, cleared out the area in front of the cave, and podded them.  We went inside the cave and did our usual unpod of a single Megatherium while the other person kept their Megatherium in a pod while walking with a crossbow.  There were a couple of places that needed jumping across chasms and there was a short underwater diving place, so the Megas went in and out of pods a couple of times.  The Megas could walk the whole way mostly unobstructed although you had to really hug the wall in a couple of places.  The only dinos that were threatening were the Megalania that would cling to the walls and ceilings and jump you if you did not notice them.  Fortunately we saw them all before we walked under them, but anyone without sharp eyes will get knocked off their mount.

We got a couple of mid-level Baryonyxes and have been breeding for the imprint bonuses.   We should be ready to take on one of the two water caves required for the Gamma Ape later this week.  Our goal is to complete the Gamma and possibly the Beta Ape by the end of the holiday season.  We almost have enough high-level imprinted Rexes (we want 18), we still have the Yuty that weathered the Beta Broodmother well, and we have siblings of the Daeodon that did not survive the Beta Broodmother.  We found a better Daeodon saddle and we will detail a Rex to watch over the Daeodon (on "Attack My Target") to keep off the little monkeys.

• Like 1

The best bet is to let the Megapithicus come you rather than crossing the bridge. Or worse, getting stuck on the bridge and having rexes fall off the side.

Standard practice tends to be to keep the pig following the yuty and have the yuty a little bit back not taking damage. When me and a mate duo though, he'll ride the yuty and I take the pig. he'll command the rexes from the yuty. I have a good few bullets on me for using after the pig runs out of food. I tend not to bother filling the pig with meat or kibble as the fights on the island are generally over pretty quick and the time spent force feeding seems a waste. But with 60-80K food you can get a good chunk of heal dished out.

Best of luck. i'm playing the island through with my daughter. got all the caves done with her now except the hard snow and the swamp. Will be doing the swamp cave over xmas along with gamma/beta ape and spider. Not going to bother with hard snow yet. will come back to that and the tek cave later when she a bit more confident. Will pick up the artefact off Rag to do the dragon, and then move maps. Was supposed to be scorched next but may just press on to Rag.

• Like 2

Been quite awhile, I just haven't had much time for gaming lately.

But it's a rare holiday off from work so after the morning festivities and an early afternoon dinner I settled in to get myself an "Arkmas" gift. Ended up with a bunch, in fact:

deino20191225191718_1.thumb.jpg.2ec956b17f450e38a23923f368fff70b.jpg

I broke my challenge rules and hopped over to Valguero to pick up some deinonychus eggs. Got 11, one hatched a set of twins. Only 3 of them were decent level, I kept the rest for colors. I almost considered looking for some ice wyverns but I don't have anything I'd be willing to sacrifice to take that risk. And anyway I don't feel like I'm cheating myself by collecting a dozen dinos that are not bloodline quality and would need serious breeding to be useful, but an apex mount like a wyvern before getting to SE would be much too easy.

• Like 3

Between my new job (I travel alot now) and life I havent had too much time for gaming. Still, with my new job and now a steady income I took a leap and busted some money into a gaming PC, building my own rig. Been dreaming of doing this for a while. Now I can play all those games I have been literally eyeing up for years but my laptops of old never had a chance of playing, thank goodness for Steam sales.

Armed with my new PC and 2 weeks holiday I have some time to jump back into Ark. I pottered around in single player for a bit before an old friend and tribe mate from Ark EA days spotted that I was now playing on steam and invited me to join his cluster, a boosted server cluster with mods, particularly S+ and Automated Ark with a few others.

Started out on Ragnarok and got to work with progression. Leveled up and built myself a raft and started exploring the coast line. First trip was to the highlands to tame up some equus. Grabbed some rockarrots and tamed a couple of horses. I then eyed up the west coast islands for potential base locations but all were taken. I focussed on taming next and built a second raft for taming. I snagged a ptera and then took the taming raft to the nearest Argy spawn and lured a low level argy into the trap and tamed it. I then moved off to the southern islands and then tamed a 145 thyla I spotted and then a thorny dragon.

Next port of call was finding a base location. I had a few ideas. I took argy inland and I first scouted out one of my old base locations from my previous cluster and to my astonishment it was free. I love this location, overlooking green obelisk valley, its nice and central with resources all around particularly close to the metal in the canyons. At which point my friend hooked me up with some gear and creatures, including an alpha wyvern (are tamable on the cluster).  Am not going to use these gifts for too long, feels a bit cheaty but it allows me to get on my feet quickly. Cant wait to get some new bloodlines going and breeding wyverns, drakes and Griffins are a thing so I have that to look forward to aswell.

Built the beginnings of a base as well as a new breeding barn, falling back on my traditional base design. Am still getting my head round all these mods, particularly the Automated Ark mod, its a bit overwhelming coming from console. Its definitely going to cut out alot of the grind. And boy does the actual S+ mod make building so much easier. 

Spent time chasing down Raptor Claus, mainly for these new chibis. Scored some nice ones including a reaper.

I think the next plan of attack is finish off establishing the base, continue advancing technically and rasing some wyvern eggs I managed to retrieve from the scar and the murder snow.

• Like 4

After many days of searching, we finally found higher level Baryonyxes to start breeding.  We have leveled out a little over 200 with the latest breeding line and I think that should be good enough for doing water caves to get artifacts for the Gamma (and Beta) Ape.  Next we need to find a high level Basilosaurus to keep off the jellyfish.  I suppose it might be possible to fend them off with crossbows from the backs of Baryonyxes, but the total shock immunity of Basilos is too good to pass up.  We also have some high level dolphins now and we might go after some deep sea drops to get better scuba gear.

We have enough artifacts to do the Gamma Broodmother a few more times and we might do that for the exp since my teammate is only one level away from being able to build cryofridges, which will greatly ease our dino management issues.  We have plenty of cryopods, but we do not store dinos in them on a regular basis since they will eventually decay without a cryofridge.  Before Christmas we only had a few cryopods, but the drops from Raptor Claus have been very generous to us.  It looks like the actual boss is not worth that much exp, but all of the attendant spiders are worth a lot.  The problem with this is that he will have to ride on a dino capable of killing lots of the spiders.  I will probably ride the Daeodon with the Yuty following me and he will ride one of the Megatheriums killing spiders and keeping me and the Yuty clear of spiders.  The last time that we tried a boss without one of us on the Yuty and the other on the Daeodon it did not go well, but we have done a few more boss fights since then and maybe we can prevent suicide by spiders this time.

We finished raising 18 high-level (over 200) Rexes in preparation for the Gamma Ape and that should be overkill (the other two slots will be taken by the usual Yuty and Daeodon).  All we need is the artifacts from water caves now.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 7:53 AM, AngrySaltire said:

Between my new job (I travel alot now) and life I havent had too much time for gaming. Still, with my new job and now a steady income I took a leap and busted some money into a gaming PC, building my own rig. Been dreaming of doing this for a while. Now I can play all those games I have been literally eyeing up for years but my laptops of old never had a chance of playing, thank goodness for Steam sales.

Armed with my new PC and 2 weeks holiday I have some time to jump back into Ark. I pottered around in single player for a bit before an old friend and tribe mate from Ark EA days spotted that I was now playing on steam and invited me to join his cluster, a boosted server cluster with mods, particularly S+ and Automated Ark with a few others.

Started out on Ragnarok and got to work with progression. Leveled up and built myself a raft and started exploring the coast line. First trip was to the highlands to tame up some equus. Grabbed some rockarrots and tamed a couple of horses. I then eyed up the west coast islands for potential base locations but all were taken. I focussed on taming next and built a second raft for taming. I snagged a ptera and then took the taming raft to the nearest Argy spawn and lured a low level argy into the trap and tamed it. I then moved off to the southern islands and then tamed a 145 thyla I spotted and then a thorny dragon.

Next port of call was finding a base location. I had a few ideas. I took argy inland and I first scouted out one of my old base locations from my previous cluster and to my astonishment it was free. I love this location, overlooking green obelisk valley, its nice and central with resources all around particularly close to the metal in the canyons. At which point my friend hooked me up with some gear and creatures, including an alpha wyvern (are tamable on the cluster).  Am not going to use these gifts for too long, feels a bit cheaty but it allows me to get on my feet quickly. Cant wait to get some new bloodlines going and breeding wyverns, drakes and Griffins are a thing so I have that to look forward to aswell.

Built the beginnings of a base as well as a new breeding barn, falling back on my traditional base design. Am still getting my head round all these mods, particularly the Automated Ark mod, its a bit overwhelming coming from console. Its definitely going to cut out alot of the grind. And boy does the actual S+ mod make building so much easier. 

Spent time chasing down Raptor Claus, mainly for these new chibis. Scored some nice ones including a reaper.

I think the next plan of attack is finish off establishing the base, continue advancing technically and rasing some wyvern eggs I managed to retrieve from the scar and the murder snow.

Enjoy man :)

im going the opposite direction haha.. Was a PC gamer, then onto Xbox to chill out more, onto mobile now to chill even more. 

Have fun with all those cheats, I mean mods :P

Edited by d1nk
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, d1nk said:

Enjoy man :)

im going the opposite direction haha.. Was a PC gamer, then onto Xbox to chill out more, onto mobile now to chill even more. 

Have fun with all those cheats, I mean mods :P

Funny bit is I have this fancy computer and actually little time to play with it lol. 

I love the cheats even if some of them do feel a little cheaty ! Am kinda tired and dont have time for the eternal grind now, and boy do some of these mods take the grind right out. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

I've just returned to the game after 8 months away. No base or dinos left, but I'm a level 105.

Over 2 nights I've managed to get an Argie and Anky. I've got a rudimentary wooden hut but have storage boxes that I've filled with building parts and have a large foundation down. Also have an indy forge / cooker / grills / fridges built. Tonight, once I've got another 200 electronics together, I'll be able to build my chem bench then get to putting it all together. 

• Like 1

I have been playing a fair amount of Ark lately, but not on SP...

Long story short, my old tribemate M finally has a working computer that can play games above potato mode, yay! He tribed up with his cousin and his cousin's best gaming friend on a PVE cluster. I asked if I could join and ta-da, not solo anymore. I'll come back to SP eventually but for now I'm enjoying tribe life again. Well, sort of.

Once I got tribed up my first order of business was to make myself useful. I don't like to burden my tribemates with carrying me too much, but M's cousin E and friend S had already reached tek tier and have a full tek rex army. It's a rare cluster with every official map, including SE, which makes me happy. Our main tribe base is on Valguero, which at the time I started was also our only base.

Naturally they had a few things, including a fridge full of wyvern eggs. I asked for and got permission to take one of the ice wyvern eggs, so I hatched and raised it. Then we went hunting. I quickly established a loop for raiding deino nests, collecting dozens of eggs over the course of the week. I hatched all of the 130+ eggs and made the rest into kibble. This cluster has a very active trade economy, so I was quickly able to establish my first trade partner for high level holiday deinos. Sold 3, with 3 more on the proverbial auction block. And I have 2 of the 4 stats I want at breedable levels, which is great.

Also took advantage of the holiday off to do my first boss battle with the tribe, securing my first set of tek engrams.

And after that we basically scattered off the main map for a bit. S is building a base on The Island in preparation of doing the bosses there. M went to Ragnarok. To my knowledge E is staying on Valguero since he doesn't play as much, although he is the tribe leader. And me? I felt it would be the most advantageous to the tribe if I picked one of the remaining maps, so I'm now on Extinction. This cluster has transfer rules for certain maps, so I ended up naked with no items or tames allowed.

It's been about a week since I moved maps and so far I've managed to get my first, incredibly bad set of utility animals, one decent argent, and secured a base location in the city. It's not an ideal spot, being far from water, but it's a beautiful little niche high enough up that the only annoyance is occasional spiders. I've got the foundation down and kept my forge running pretty much the entire time, so I have enough metal to make an industrial forge. Also managed to get a really neat Christmas ascendant enforcer bp, can't wait to make it.

Overall progress has been both fast and slow. I love building but sometimes I really hate laying the foundations of a new base. I'm incapable of small builds so it often takes a long time to get established. I have the main foundation down at least, so my priority is shifting towards crafting stations. Forge first, then replicator, then transmitter, all while continuing to build the base up. A little on the dull side, but there's no point in going to tame anything just yet. Plan is to get a hatchery up, buy a few low level yuty eggs and go from there.

• Like 1

been ark'ed so hard the last couple of days on both pc and ps4.

PC - hatched 300 rexes eggs yesterday, no melee mutation. fair enough. Ran the easy water cave and an eel glitched inside my basil. Unable to move or attack it died. Sweet dreams level 302 Basil.

PS4 - hatched 150 rex eggs yesterday, no melee mutation. fair enough. Took my mana up to Scotland to check for gigas, went via the shore near the volcano. the volcano began to erupt. I touched the brown hardened lava on the beach and my mana died. This wasn't flowing lava, that hadn't appeared yet, it was the normal dormant brown colour. didn't know that was a thing! We have lots of male element gachas via cloning, and happy days a female element was born. I raise these off cooked meat, I find it the best. Anyway, it was at 5% maturation, 1400 food, and had 7 stacks of cooked meat in it. I left the base for 4 minutes to quickly imprint a Basil at the water base. Got back, no Gacha in sight. Check the log, it had starved. 1400 food in 4 minutes? really? and there was no gacha corpse or bag of meat there? a gacha that I had shot previously was still rotting away. weird. So, we rolled the server back. This put us at a point where the gacha had been born, and just needed claiming. Did so, and it was a black pearl gacha. ffs. So, mutations are determined at conception, sex is determined at birth, but gacha production wheel is determined at claiming. ARK!

So, took a basil out to get some fish for the troughs. didn't wear scuba, because I thought i'd just stay near the surface. Blue screened. Drowned. Logged off, went to bed.

Logged on PC and PS4 this morning. Hatched a load of Theri's on PS4, then switched HDMI over to PC. I can hear music in my base. Check the log. All my water tames are dead to a level 250 Meg. So, there's a 250 and a 260 Meg in my 100% secure water pen. Max level dino is 150. My water base is at surface level above the easy water cave on the island. I know the spawns in that cave are broken. People seem to believe that it's because they get taken up by salmon. It's not, the creatures spawn within the rocks, I've several times seen an alpha glow in the ceiling of the cave. But this time for them to spawn about 50m above the cave inside my base. DILO! Could I have been stupid enough to have 2 follow me from the cave yesterday maybe though? So, rolled the game back an hour, and all was safe and well. This proves the spawning issue once and for all.

Love/Hate this stupid game...

On 1/13/2020 at 9:25 AM, DaveH said:

2 days later and another female dust gacha popped out, happy days. I didnt leave this one's side. Also tamed a bunch of squid on ragnarok. More cave sharks spawned inside my island base as well. All water dinos on neutral now.

Hmm, cave critters aren't supposed to be tameable, but... have you checked? :) 

On 1/15/2020 at 12:29 PM, Castlerock said:
On 1/15/2020 at 11:35 AM, DaveH said:
Had fun farming the desert titan recently with a giga on the back of a quetz.

I do that everytime i want kill desert titan, just hard to farm sarco skin for summoning it

2 hours ago, Milsurp said:

Hmm, cave critters aren't supposed to be tameable, but... have you checked? :) 

Yeah, I tried with a 270 meg. No option to feed it unfortunately.