So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Not really IN ARK but related. 

Been working on completing my Save Viewer/Visualiser for PC. Will be available in the new year for anybody that's interested. 

Works with:

• The Island
  • Scorched Earth
  • Aberration
  • Extinction
  • Valguero

Main:

Viewer_Main.png

Map Markers:

Viewer_Markers.png

Viewer_MarkerIcons.png

Structure Lists:

Viewer_Structures.png

Settings - allowing Single Player, Offline ARK saves and FTP server connections to allow download and view of last save:

Viewer_Settings.png

It all works thanks to the open source ARK Savegame Toolkit on GitHub: https://github.com/ark-mod/ArkSavegameToolkitNet

• Like 2

On 12/13/2019 at 5:15 AM, WarpSpasm said:

Did you also get snow owls? Gachas love snow owl pellets.

nope. I'm going to wait for extinction. I know if I bring them back now then i'll quit on my argy breeding line and probably not bother with griffins much either. I've downloaded the breedable griffins and wyvern mods and i'm itching to have a good crack at those.

1 minute ago, DaveH said:

nope. I'm going to wait for extinction. I know if I bring them back now then i'll quit on my argy breeding line and probably not bother with griffins much either. I've downloaded the breedable griffins and wyvern mods and i'm itching to have a good crack at those.

I got a couple of event owls on extinction when I tamed a couple of gachas, I didn't learn and don't have saddles for them. I have them near enough to my gachas on the Island for the gachas to pick up the pellets, it helps for the loot crystals.

On 12/13/2019 at 2:54 PM, Stretch11 said:

That sounds like a good rule of thumb.  I am trying to decide the rules for myself as I do not just want to transfer all my dinos from The Island to Scorched Earth once I have beaten all of The Island bosses.  I think I will just transfer myself naked and experience the wonders of starting from scratch again (except I will be high level).  I will at least wait until I have a base with a safe area to transfer into, but I will try to hold off as long as possible so as to not just zip through Scorched Earth.

Yeah, I think we've got the balance just about right as well as a good gameplan moving forward. My daughter will never grind, she just expects to log in at the weekend and have everything she needs to go taming or try a cave. Which is fine, I don't want our limited time to be just metal runs etc. hence the gachas. I play on ps4 mainly in the week with mates, so keep the gachas full of stone on the pc at the same time with the s+ collector working its charms for me. no mutations with stats before imprint of 11k health and 343 melee. So, with an imprint and 50 levels shoul get them up to about 35k health 700 melee. 96 armour bp for the saddle as well, which is ok.

So far we've done the chitin , lava and easy water caves. Plan to do the remaining caves next weekend, then the bosses over xmas. barys, thylas, and basils are ready and waiting for the caves. My rex line will do for up to beta in all the fights. Will work on some more mutations later for alphas, as well as my theri line for alpha dragon and tek cave. Still want a higher base melee roll to work from for the rexes. will be giving the hard snow cave a miss as I think that will be beyond her at this point. Will just get the artifact from Ragnarok, then come back to that cave at some point in the future.

Don't you find it's not worth it so much since the gacha nerf? used to get insane loot when extinction was first release, and now its just straight in the grinder. the nerf should have been so drastic. been on extinction the last months some mate and we've got 6 gachas permanently on the go, surrounded by owls. not a single useful item from them. just stuff for the grinder.

2 minutes ago, DaveH said:

Don't you find it's not worth it so much since the gacha nerf? used to get insane loot when extinction was first release, and now its just straight in the grinder. the nerf should have been so drastic. been on extinction the last months some mate and we've got 6 gachas permanently on the go, surrounded by owls. not a single useful item from them. just stuff for the grinder.

I only play singleplayer so any loot is good loot, and if it's garbage then it's free resources. Anything to help with the grind is welcome as the wife wants us to tame everything if she is around when I play.

fair enough. I find the best item they can drop is the metal behemoth gate, that's some good materials for demolishing. Though for the element gachas we have on ps4 I keep the owls away from them as i'd rather have the dust.

most of my loot has come from the easy water cave. good gear to be found in there and i've set my base up right next to it so I run it a few times a day. really simple with a good imprinted basil. want to start hitting up the swamp cave as well but a rule to myself is to do each of the caves the first time with my daughter despite having done them many times on ps4. Just enjoying treating this as a fresh. 

5 minutes ago, DaveH said:

fair enough. I find the best item they can drop is the metal behemoth gate, that's some good materials for demolishing. Though for the element gachas we have on ps4 I keep the owls away from them as i'd rather have the dust.

I don't have element gachas yet, need to try breeding them. I've gotten some good(ish) weapons and armour from them, along with the metal, crystal or pearls (my best production options).

I try to do the grinding while the wife is at work so that our gaming time is fun, but this year has been a bit of a right off due to health issues.

On 12/14/2019 at 1:43 PM, Donk67 said:

Today was funny, while out exploring Valguero I had to answer the call of nature for real, so I landed on the first available base on my wyvern to rest up while I went to use the Loo for real..... when I get back to the game I find the base owner is trying to pin down my wyvern with a reaper? This is PVE and he was greifing me lol because I'd landed on his building,Lol anyway thought that was quite funny, the base owner wasn't impressed with me using his base as a Piss stop, ?Lol............

I have done that many, many times over the years.  Either for an in-game stamina break. or a real life food/bathroom break.

Just land on the roof and take care of what needs to be done.  

I've even had it happen to me. At first I find the person, and try to interact with them, then when they just sit there, I realize what they are doing and go back to what I was doing. Normally they take off within 5 minutes, and everything is back to normal.

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2019 at 7:43 PM, Donk67 said:

Today was funny, while out exploring Valguero I had to answer the call of nature for real, so I landed on the first available base on my wyvern to rest up while I went to use the Loo for real..... when I get back to the game I find the base owner is trying to pin down my wyvern with a reaper? This is PVE and he was greifing me lol because I'd landed on his building,Lol anyway thought that was quite funny, the base owner wasn't impressed with me using his base as a Piss stop, ?Lol............

Thankfully he wasn't an experienced PvE griefer or you might find you return from the loo to yourself and your mount trapped in a building that's been put up around you whilst afk.

People can be sausages which is why where possible I always rent and run my own servers for games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Started replaying the game a week ago after a bit of a rest.. turned out I forgot a lot of stuff. How much it rains on the island for instance. 

Like what Dino is good for what, reduced weight of resources, better for collecting resources, what they require for taming eg, how many tranq darts, how much kibble based on level. Where half of them spawn.

Made exceptional kibble for theri taming, then accidentally left that kibble at home. Found that out when I got to a theri south of red obi on the island. Figured I'd tranq and let it starve and wake up while I went back for kibble. Then I would knock it out and tame it with kibble..

Upon returning it was awake and took me ages to locate it because I can't see in the dark.. once down it had starved enough ate 3 kibble and was tamed.

Figured while I'm out get a mate for it. Spent the next 2 hours culling the theris I spotted as all were bad levels. Got myself a mate for prior one used same ko, wake up, ko, tame 3 kibble later it was tamed.

It's stats are awful for health 3000 or so I can't exactly remember. Which  of course I didn't check upon taming so I could have carried on with my hunt, found that out after flying back to Hidden lake with my two new cryoed theris.

So 4 hours of culling and taming a pair and can't breed the next gen due to stupid stats. Or I can while I still hunt a replacement but could take me ages for twins with the mums better stats. Looks like I'm hunting more later.

Just remembered why I took a few months off ark. 

Hubby has changed Dino spawns to cap levels at 120 very few high levels are spawning he thought it was an easier start. More of a grind culling everything low levelled. ?

4 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

Started replaying the game a week ago after a bit of a rest.. turned out I forgot a lot of stuff. How much it rains on the island for instance. 

Like what Dino is good for what, reduced weight of resources, better for collecting resources, what they require for taming eg, how many tranq darts, how much kibble based on level. Where half of them spawn.

Made exceptional kibble for theri taming, then accidentally left that kibble at home. Found that out when I got to a theri south of red obi on the island. Figured I'd tranq and let it starve and wake up while I went back for kibble. Then I would knock it out and tame it with kibble..

Upon returning it was awake and took me ages to locate it because I can't see in the dark.. once down it had starved enough ate 3 kibble and was tamed.

Figured while I'm out get a mate for it. Spent the next 2 hours culling the theris I spotted as all were bad levels. Got myself a mate for prior one used same ko, wake up, ko, tame 3 kibble later it was tamed.

It's stats are awful for health 3000 or so I can't exactly remember. Which  of course I didn't check upon taming so I could have carried on with my hunt, found that out after flying back to Hidden lake with my two new cryoed theris.

So 4 hours of culling and taming a pair and can't breed the next gen due to stupid stats. Or I can while I still hunt a replacement but could take me ages for twins with the mums better stats. Looks like I'm hunting more later.

Just remembered why I took a few months off ark. 

Hubby has changed Dino spawns to cap levels at 120 very few high levels are spawning he thought it was an easier start. More of a grind culling everything low levelled. ?

Contrary to popular beliefs having lower dinos actually makes the game harder. The only time it doesnt is when you arent using dinos at all

• Like 1

Private unofficial server, The Island, two of us...

We completed the Beta Broodmother fight last weekend.  We used 18 Megatherium (bug bonuses!) with around 10k health and 300 attack, one Yuty with 18K health and 5K stamina, and one Daeodon with around 5K health and 3K weight.  I rode the Yuty and my partner rode the Daeodon (I rode the Daeodon for the Gamma fight and my partner rode a Megatherium).  The Daeodon died along with half the Megatheriums (probably ones 5K-8K health).  We wil need to breed more Megatherium for the Alpha fight and be more picky about stats.  Our lower-level Megatheriums that died were from before had we established our latest birth line.  We have several Daeodon from the same birth batch as the original, but we will probably need to set one Megatherium on guard duty to protect it from spiders.  We noticed that there was a timer of 15 minutes for beating the Beta Broodmother, and we took 7 minutes to beat her.  The time may be a factor in the Alpha fight and we may have to breed for attack in addition to health on our Megatherium to kill her quickly enough.

On the quest to fight the Gamma Ape, we are continuing to search for high-level Baryonyxes to tame for doing water caves to get the required artifacts.  About the best that we have found was 50 so far.  We should be able to do the cave on Carnivore Island with our regular Megatheriums and we will probably attempt this soon if we do not find any acceptable Baryonyxes.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Thankfully he wasn't an experienced PvE griefer or you might find you return from the loo to yourself and your mount trapped in a building that's been put up around you whilst afk.

People can be sausages which is why where possible I always rent and run my own servers for games.

Yeah I've heard about that too, must have been a youngling and not mature adult like me? Good point, I'll bear that in mind in future.. "People can be sausages" indeed!?

23 hours ago, Stretch11 said:

Private unofficial server, The Island, two of us...

We completed the Beta Broodmother fight last weekend.  We used 18 Megatherium (bug bonuses!) with around 10k health and 300 attack, one Yuty with 18K health and 5K stamina, and one Daeodon with around 5K health and 3K weight.  I rode the Yuty and my partner rode the Daeodon (I rode the Daeodon for the Gamma fight and my partner rode a Megatherium).  The Daeodon died along with half the Megatheriums (probably ones 5K-8K health).  We wil need to breed more Megatherium for the Alpha fight and be more picky about stats.  Our lower-level Megatheriums that died were from before had we established our latest birth line.  We have several Daeodon from the same birth batch as the original, but we will probably need to set one Megatherium on guard duty to protect it from spiders.  We noticed that there was a timer of 15 minutes for beating the Beta Broodmother, and we took 7 minutes to beat her.  The time may be a factor in the Alpha fight and we may have to breed for attack in addition to health on our Megatherium to kill her quickly enough.

On the quest to fight the Gamma Ape, we are continuing to search for high-level Baryonyxes to tame for doing water caves to get the required artifacts.  About the best that we have found was 50 so far.  We should be able to do the cave on Carnivore Island with our regular Megatheriums and we will probably attempt this soon if we do not find any acceptable Baryonyxes.

How about Basils for the water caves? I always used to do them by sitting on a Bary and commanding an army of about another 5 Bary's, whilst a mate did the same. But I've converted to Basils of late as there's no need to ever worry about Jellyfish. 

Got 2 Xbox achievements. Reached the highest peak and rode a Rex. My Rex can kill carno’s, so i took revenge on the titanboa’s that knocked me unconscious and the beavers that’s thwarted me to death with their paddle tails. ‘‘Twas the highlight of my evening. Now I  have cementing paste and a little pelt. No way near enough, but it’s a start. 

Getting Raptor Clause gifts got me into a whole heap of trouble with these little psycho glowy eyed things. May have to take Rex out to sort them out too. Don’t like torpor at all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1