So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

sadly i dont think i will be able to continue on ark for a while, with family matters, exams and a recent event regarding one of my friends i dont have time anymore to continue with ark. i plan to get back on once genesis comes out and it proves worthy and legit. i will stick to the forums, may jump on ark once or twice in the next few months. hope everyone enjoys there Christmas and new years on ark.

On 11/30/2019 at 3:08 PM, WarpSpasm said:

Also today as I played I was 'talked' or rather 'pouted' into cheating. As I was flying around the Island collecting tames and items I came across a 250 super turkey, at first I approached it cautiously just to look at it as I haven't seen one before. It was at this moment the wife entered the room and declared she wanted it, I told her they are untameable and she sat down looking all sad face at her phone. Just as I was about to leave she shoved her phone in my face saying 'look there is a forcetame admin command' after a little more pouting and some 'i'm poorly's' I agreed to tame it on the condition it stays in her petting zoo and has no interaction with the gameplay, she now has 2 turkeys a skeletal trike and a skeletal quetz for her little zoo all of which we found and forcetamed today.

This sounds like my girlfriend. If i was able to do cheats in official servers i'm pretty sure she would have all the cute things. As of right now I've been sent to Ab multiple different times for shinehorns and other cute animals that dont spawn in Valguero. 

• Like 1

*sighs* yet another disaster happened. Where to start?

-I get ambushed by sarcos twice, so I change home

-I look for a Zone thats safe to build in, but there were sarcos everywhere, and raptors, and a spino

-I finally go back to West Zone 2, where my original house was, and spawn in the cold and get killed by legit everything I could be killed by

-Finally I spawn outside the cold- right in front of an Alpha Carno

-When I finally get to the cliff I had my base on, I mine a tree, turn around, and “hello, carno!”

-I finally try to make a base at the hidden lake, accidentally fall down the cliff, then get torn apart by titanomyras in pitch-black because it was night

In the end I just went to Ragnarok

Edited by Tigressized
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Tigressized said:

-I look for a Zone thats safe to build in, but there were sarcos everywhere, and raptors, and a spino

-I finally go back to West Zone 2, where my original house was, and spawn in the cold and get killed by legit everything I could be killed by

-When I finally get to the cliff I had my base on, I mine a tree, turn around, and “hello, carno!”

-I finally try to make a base at the hidden lake, accidentally fall down the cliff, then get torn apart by titanomyras in pitch-black because it was night

The game can be hell during the early stages. I recommend you do a note run and get some levels to bump up your stats and unlock engrams for better equipment. Set up a small stone base near some metal spawns and start smelting ingots, use wood for the fuel and craft as much sparkpowder as you can. Learn a gun engram and start crafting bullets, a sword is always a handy backup weapon to have as well. Craft narcotics as you go and learn to make a longneck and tranq darts as soon as you can, life will then start to get easier.

I just started a single-player Abberation map because I'm on the Windows 10 client and cannot connect to any servers.  First time playing Abberation.  I started in the first (assumed easiest) spawn location and had to endure about 15 Raptor/Basilisk deaths before I could finally get on my feet and tame my own Raptor pack.  Just kept telling myself "gotta get to those tranq arrows".  So many Lystos, Moshops, and Parasaurs lost along the way as well.  I felt pretty competent at Ark until I tried starting Abberation.  Lol!

16 hours ago, Tigressized said:

If you are on The Island, I would suggest the Footpaw or the Southern Isles areas as "easier".  Even in the easiest areas, you can still get taken out by a Dilo that knocks you out  or a rogue Raptor that is running thorugh the area.  You will die a lot until you can build a wooden house (and stone is even better) and hide armor.  A pike will keep off some dinos just from the knockback.  A bow or a crossbow is a must.  You will need it to kill stuff as it is running at you to kill you and also to tame stuff once you can make tranq arrows.  Stick a bed or two in your house so that you can respawn at a known safe location when you die.  Keep supplies in your house so that you can gear up again and go get the items off of your dead corpse (this can keep you from having to make everything all over again each time that you die).  You cannot prevent dying every time, but you can defintely make it less painful.

On 12/4/2019 at 6:39 PM, Rosati said:

This sounds like my girlfriend. If i was able to do cheats in official servers i'm pretty sure she would have all the cute things. As of right now I've been sent to Ab multiple different times for shinehorns and other cute animals that dont spawn in Valguero. 

My wife is pretty much the reason why we have a cryofridge almost full of coloured argents, I can't go anywhere without hearing 'that's pretty, I want it'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, WarpSpasm said:

The game can be hell during the early stages. I recommend you do a note run and get some levels to bump up your stats and unlock engrams for better equipment. Set up a small stone base near some metal spawns and start smelting ingots, use wood for the fuel and craft as much sparkpowder as you can. Learn a gun engram and start crafting bullets, a sword is always a handy backup weapon to have as well. Craft narcotics as you go and learn to make a longneck and tranq darts as soon as you can, life will then start to get easier.

i go with pike as it can has better knockback, damage and attack range

On 12/6/2019 at 12:37 PM, Tigressized said:

i lived by stone henge for a while. u get a sarco or two. if u build right u can hide away from them. just gotta keep tryin

1 hour ago, Kodking194 said:

i go with pike as it can has better knockback, damage and attack range

I carry both but only use the pike for spear fishing, most of my time on land is spent in the safety of a base. If I do venture into the wilds I have a tame to fight with, usually an argent. I have an ascendant sword with good damage though.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 1:09 PM, PertySlick said:

I just started a single-player Abberation map because I'm on the Windows 10 client and cannot connect to any servers.  First time playing Abberation.  I started in the first (assumed easiest) spawn location and had to endure about 15 Raptor/Basilisk deaths before I could finally get on my feet and tame my own Raptor pack.  Just kept telling myself "gotta get to those tranq arrows".  So many Lystos, Moshops, and Parasaurs lost along the way as well.  I felt pretty competent at Ark until I tried starting Abberation.  Lol!

Yeah, Portal 1 is a total trap. Try Edge 4. It's dangerous there but there are spots on the edge of the cliff next to the blue zone where it's safe. My base is at 44/46 between the big metal shell and the cliff edge, right on the path down to the blue zone, but no nameless spawn there. I lived on the flat spot on the very edge for safety until I could wall off between the metal shell and the cliff for dino space. I think it's a perfect location, and it wasn't hard to get started there. 

Edited by Milsurp

On 12/5/2019 at 9:37 PM, Tigressized said:

Welcome to the best map :) 

Edited by Milsurp

I'll put in that I gathered ingredients and made feed kibble with a modded cookpot. Nope, that's it. Lost my best shark getting a plesi, got into breeding another, then bred a good dunkle, a good squid, a good megaloceros so I could clear the castle, and ran out of food.

However, previously I had gone out and tamed beavers, then mated them to get like 6 good beavers, then set them as guards on my water pen. I tried sharks but they get stuck too much, had a 150 shark glitch through and was eating my basi (slowly), and the guard sharks were all stuck. Hopefully beavers will work better.

Edit: WTFFF I got arked. All the beavers I left in the water happily floating at the top were at the bottom, dead, when I just checked them. How? Why? I turn my local server off when I'm not playing. Are they bugged to render in below the water when the server starts, and not come to the top because that's rigged to player dismount? 

Edited by Milsurp

Private unofficial server, The Island, the two of us.

We are still gearing up for the Beta Brood Mother fight.  We now have bred and imprinted Daeodons and Yutys and should have no trouble with those (we lost our original Yuty in the Gamma Brood Mother fight because it was too small).  We are accumulating enough bred and imprinted Megatheriums.  We are not taking in our breeding pair (the highest level male and female) or our daily riders (used for doing bug-infested caves).  When we have 18 "extra" Megatheriums (is the plural of Megatherium "Megatheriums" or just "Megatherium"?  Megatheria?  Is this a Greek or a Latin root?), we should walk all over the Beta Brood Mother.  Based on our results, we may go ahead and try the Alpha Brood Mother as we have accumulated the artifacts already.

We are also breeding Theris and Bears like mad, but I am not sure if we have a purpose for all of them other than to arrive at high-level imprinted versions.  It is very hard to get rid of the useless (i.e., lower stats and levels) ones, so I have started leaving them offshore past the continental shelf.  A shark usually gets a snack in a day or two.  Now if a bred Dino somes out with bad stats, we recite "Hoo-Haa!  Shark Bait!" and head for the ocean with it.  We have also been breeding Spinos, but we have not decided whether they might be as useful as Rexes in some boss battles and so none have been banished offshore yet.

We are looking forward to the level when one of us will get to level 88 and can build a cryo-fridge.  There will be lots of podded dinos to keep just in case we need them.  Right now, we always need more space in the pens and some dinos just get left out to go chase whatever happens to spawn nearby.  It is not quite as bad as herding cats, but we usually have to go looking for some wanderers when we log in.

I hatched a baryonyx egg from my 118 female and 30ish male. Got a nice mid range female with dark brown (coffee) body and cream underside with cream spikes, named her Tiramisu. Took tiramisu out to run the volcano cave for xp and artifact of the clever, farmed some metal while I was there to craft tranq darts for winter wonderland.

On the flight back to green ob I spotted a male baryonyx with red body and spikes and white underbelly it tamed out at lvl 60 and was named Eton Mess. I swapped out my breeding male and mated tiramisu with eton and got female twins with coffee bodies with red spikes, cream stripes and white underbelly. They are currently unamed but I am veering towards Creme Brulee 1 and 2.

• Like 3

PS4 - Unofficial Cluster

Been trying for Christmas colored Reapers on ABB.  Got a moldy moss colored one, but nothing red or bright green yet.

Haven't been able to play since yesterday morning, as the patch sent yesterday has killed the cluster servers, and as of an hour ago no one is able to login to the cluster. :(

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Haven't been able to play since yesterday morning, as the patch sent yesterday has killed the cluster servers, and as of an hour ago no one is able to login to the cluster.

That sucks. Hopefully it will be fixed soon and you get the colours you want during winter wonderland next week.

• Thanks 1

Stood guard whilst my 11 year old tamed her first squid. lvl 140 on 5x taming so was a 2 feed tame. Proud dad moment. She doesn't like getting off her mount much so swimming up to a squid on a Meg and then jumping off was a nervous moment for her.

We've been playing on and off for a while in-between her starting high school and growing up too quick. So, I've been patiently raising an army for the bosses, and some Barys for the remaining caves on The Island. Plan to beat them all over xmas, do the tek cave and then move to scorched. One map at a time, not transferring dinos until bosses are beaten on a map...

...Except for Gachas that is. I tamed a few up to help the grind. After about approx. 800 babies I finally got a male/female element dust pair. These are going to be cloned no end once I've beaten the Alpha dragon!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DaveH said:

Stood guard whilst my 11 year old tamed her first squid. lvl 140 on 5x taming so was a 2 feed tame. Proud dad moment. She doesn't like getting off her mount much so swimming up to a squid on a Meg and then jumping off was a nervous moment for her.

Well done little miss, I don't like being unmounted underwater either.

8 hours ago, DaveH said:

Except for Gachas that is.

Did you also get snow owls? Gachas love snow owl pellets.

18 hours ago, DaveH said:

One map at a time, not transferring dinos until bosses are beaten on a map...

That sounds like a good rule of thumb.  I am trying to decide the rules for myself as I do not just want to transfer all my dinos from The Island to Scorched Earth once I have beaten all of The Island bosses.  I think I will just transfer myself naked and experience the wonders of starting from scratch again (except I will be high level).  I will at least wait until I have a base with a safe area to transfer into, but I will try to hold off as long as possible so as to not just zip through Scorched Earth.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2019 at 4:21 AM, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Unofficial Cluster

Been trying for Christmas colored Reapers on ABB.  Got a moldy moss colored one, but nothing red or bright green yet.

Haven't been able to play since yesterday morning, as the patch sent yesterday has killed the cluster servers, and as of an hour ago no one is able to login to the cluster. :(

wait, is Christmas event active?

So, on The Island (unofficial server I admin), there was this Titanosaur wandering about between two of our bases. At one point, it walked over the walls of a base as if they weren't even there, and got stuck inside for a bit before finally getting out and going on its merry way. A tribemate had been wanting to tame one for weeks, and finally convinced me to help.

So, we got a Quetzal with a platform saddle, made a cannon and a bunch of cannonballs, and set off (one of us riding shotgun on the cannon, the other driving).

We quickly learned that hitting a Titan in the head with cannonballs is very hard! Between the Titan constantly moving around and turning its neck, the Quetzal's poor maneuverability, trees getting in the way, and the god-awful interface for aiming the cannon, we wasted lots of cannonballs and were barely making a dent in its torpidity.

To make matters worse, the Titan, in its continued wandering, walked over the walls (4 levels high!) of another base, and got stuck in the middle. We were afraid it was going to lash out and take out half the base if we shot at it anymore. We had to move all our tames away from its feet in order to get it moving again, and finally got it out of the base.

Out of frustration, we decided I should use my Godlike admin powers, and force-tame it. Only for me to discover, the ForceTame command was NOT working! On the Titanosaur, or any other wild creature. And yes, I was logged in with EnableCheats active.

After we gave up, I went out into a clearing filled mostly with herbivores, and started testing the ForceTame command again, as well as the DoTame and ForceTameAOE commands. I finally discovered that the command syntax on the ARK Wiki was WRONG... it's not "cheat ForceTame", it's "admincheat ForceTame" (or DoTame, or ForceTameAOE).

Excited that I finally got ForceTame to work, I quickly tried ForceTameAOE... but in my haste, I accidentally added TOO MANY ZEROES to the radius number. As in, "50000" instead of "500".

And to our amazement, I tamed EVERY CREATURE IN A TWO-MILE RADIUS. Every Stego, every Dilo, every Parasaur... hell, even the dragonflies, ants, and fish!

My tribemate and I spent the rest of the evening laughing our asses off, as we wandered around the area with our Awesome Spyglasses turned on and revealing the tames, them whistling them to follow us and herd them back to the base for the oh-so-necessary culling.

The fish are actually still in their original locations, we didn't bother trying to do anything with them. ???

• Haha 2

Today was funny, while out exploring Valguero I had to answer the call of nature for real, so I landed on the first available base on my wyvern to rest up while I went to use the Loo for real..... when I get back to the game I find the base owner is trying to pin down my wyvern with a reaper? This is PVE and he was greifing me lol because I'd landed on his building,Lol anyway thought that was quite funny, the base owner wasn't impressed with me using his base as a Piss stop, ?Lol............