So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

4 minutes ago, WarpSpasm said:

My main concern is that if I cheat one in and tame it it could be easier to cheat again. I would just go to rag and tame another one but time is more constrained now so I guess I will just have to mull it over and decided by tomorrow, think I may get an hour on in the afternoon.

This is why I don't play single player because I know for 100% sooner or later something is going to frustrate me and I will totally cheat my butt off. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rosati said:

This is why I don't play single player because I know for 100% sooner or later something is going to frustrate me and I will totally cheat my butt off. 

I have been quite good with myself, I did 'ghost' last week to claim 3 zomdodos that spawned in the mesh. I would play online but sometimes I can only manage a couple of hours a week or month with real life commitments, I know decay timers mean I would never make any progress, and joining a tribe would be hard with my casual game play, and no mic.

• Like 2

Been working on raising my replacement gigas. On Sunday I got them 50% matured before cryoing them, I was working at my computer desk anyway so I had Ark on in the back ground. Fast forward to today and I uncryoed the adolescent gigas to finish up rasing them. To my surprise it turns out the imprinting server setting mechanic has changed since the last past and instead of imprinting every 15 minutes it was every 15 seconds. Obviously finishing imprinting my gigas the final 50% was much easier than I thought tonight. 

And like any good Ark player I just had to check it wasnt a bug, could have been linked to cryosickness when I uncryoed all the gigas at once. So I hatched up four more deinos for my ever expanding boss team just to check. Hit 100% imprinting before each deino hit 5% maturation, yeah imprinting was broken. Been naming my deinos after the phonetic alphabet and now I have so many I have started naming them after the greek alphabet. Finally while not wanting to take too much advantage of the situation (this feels a bit too easy) I decided this was a good time to finish up rasing some reapers I had neglected in cryo for months. 

• Like 2

continued breeding my wolves today. so far i have a these mutations that i like

red body with a health mutation

cyan stripe with stam mutation

red feet with melee mutation

red stripe with stam mutation

cyan body with melee mutation

bright green with weight mut

blue body with melee mut

orange stripe with weight mut

so far i have combined to make this wolf

ARK_ Survival Evolved_20191106185032.jpg

ARK_ Survival Evolved_20191106185042.jpg

ARK_ Survival Evolved_20191106185050.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kodking194 said:

continued breeding my wolves today. so far i have a these mutations that i like
red body with a health mutation
cyan stripe with stam mutation
red feet with melee mutation
red stripe with stam mutation
cyan body with melee mutation
bright green with weight mut
blue body with melee mut
orange stripe with weight mut

so far i have combined to make this wolf

nice job, sadly all my wolves (Along with a bunch of other dinos) vanished somehow from the cryofridge during the last patch.  so I have no more :( had some really pretty ones too.

I have successfully recreated all of my important allosaurus, argentavis, ankylosaurus, and archaeopteryx creatures from the official PVP ORP server. With S+'s help, I expect to be able to fully recreate my entire roster of animals, at least the ones I need to continue my breeding projects, but it's going to take some time. My boyfriend and I have come up with a way to allow me to integrate them into our playthrough without ruining our experience. We must tame at least one high level animal of comparable level first before we can bring any animals of the same species over, and have somewhere to safely keep them (so, likely metal or at least stone base with walls, and a cryofridge/cryopods). And, with my college schedule, work, etc, my personal boosted rates making the game a little easier and less time consuming are a welcome change to the toiling grind of official. Although official is not difficult at all when you have a tribe and everyone is doing their own job, had I chosen to stick with it and merely take my animals with me, it would have been just me doing all of it on official. And I wasn't about to have that.

So, recreating my animals for singleplayer/non-dedicated isn't so bad. Though I want to know who decided SpawnSetupDino command puts in domestic points... like seriously guys? You can't make it so it puts in wild points instead??

SpawnCustomDino <creature> <stats> <M/F (for the sex of the animal)> would be perfect. So, if I wanted an allosaurus with 32 wild health points and 40 wild melee points, but didn't care about anything else, all I'd have to do is type "SpawnCustomDino (allosaurus blueprint path) "Health=32,MeleeDamageMultiplier=40" "M"," and all the other attributes would be determined randomly. Important to not make level a parameter here, since levels are determined by the points in the creature. Adding "forcetame" to the end of that would of course make the stat distribution randomized somewhat again due to taming effectiveness, but there could be a way for the game to make the taming effectiveness zero in these situations. Idk, I found the lack of an option to spawn a creature with predetermined wild stats very annoying, but cheating in creatures until I get a desired stat then "SetBabyAge 1"'ing and "slomo"'ing my way through breeding is going alright enough.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, caleb68 said:

nice job, sadly all my wolves (Along with a bunch of other dinos) vanished somehow from the cryofridge during the last patch.  so I have no more :( had some really pretty ones too.

srry to hear that. i combined some more wolves today. i did not get screen shots though. i added 5 health, melee and stam mutations each. its sooo op. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 11:06 PM, Slvr said:

I had a pretty awful day, all in all.

I've been struggling for weeks to keep my footing on the PVP ORP Ragnarok server, but me and a friend (the one I was with before we merged with another tribe) have been fighting nonstop. There's no one really at fault. We are at the end of our rope with each other and we just can't tolerate one another anymore, I don't think. I can't exactly make her leave nor do I want her to stop enjoying the server, I just want to get away from her, and I can't do that while in the same tribe so I've had to accept that I need to leave. 

The thought of losing 10+ months of work however is devastating. I have 700+ creatures in an ARK Smart Breeder file I've mostly been the one to work on. Everyone has names. My lines are tangled up in hers, however, so I can't quite stay on the server. I am going to move to singleplayer/a non-dedicated world with my boyfriend. I have decided to use a temporary god character on a singleplayer Ragnarok to try to cheat/breed creatures with the same or similar base stats to the ones I had on the server. So far, I've successfully done this with the allosaurus I had. 

I plan to store them on Ragnarok, and whenever me and my boyfriend get a new creature, if I have some stored in the Ragnarok world, we can then bring them over to use. That way they don't entirely ruin our experience, but I can still work with them in an interesting setting. We've also been talking about adding some NPC mods to see if we can salvage something of a PVP experience.

It's a fun game, but man the way official started taking over my life and not to mention how easily drama with one person ended it, is devastating. 

You can unclaim or upload to an obi to keep dinos when switching tribes. You might be able to just breed breeders to take away in order to untangle the lines.

Still haven't done much except going on a metal collection session. Tonight/tomorrow going to move what I call the Carnobarn out (Yuty, Rex, Allo, 3 Deino, a Raptor, two argy and two pteras) and either move them to the top part of where were trying to build our new area or move them out to where the other dinos are at and turn that into a hatchery/workshop area. Tamed a male moth to go with our female this morning and picked up some decent blueprints in drops. Also the gf found a gave on the far west side of the map and she wants to go explore that so I made up two sets of metal armor and gonna make some guns and other goodies so we can go in and explore it and see what we find!

• Like 1

Friday night so time to chill. Decided that I had put off the Snow Cave duo for long enough. I geared up for the hard snow cave first. The plan was similiar to last time use rexes but this time I took in three of my boss theris with veggies cakes as well. The attempt went swimmingly and rage quit levels of rage at the same time.

I deployed a rex in the first chamber and worked my way through to the first choke point. Here I deployed the three theris and worked the way through the masses of bears, purlovias and wolves to where I could redeploy my rex.  Made it further through the cave, was a bit of a hassle. The theris kept getting snagged up on the crystals and the pathing was an issue, as slways lol. Made it to the room before the artifact and that is where the fun began. I got wedged between my rex and the roof of the cave. No matter what I did I couldnt break free, tried whisting the dinos away, couldnt, tried cryoing the rex, couldnt reach with that tried waiting but nothing. Ended up soding it and breaking out the admin commands to ghost out. At which point I couldnt deactivate the commands, I hate using those sets of commands for that reason, kept falling through the world, unless I used the fly command or sat on a dino. Made the rest of a cave a nightmare. But I got to the artifact, grabbed 2 and made my escape with out being overrun and got back to base. Suicide by organic polymer sorted my admin ghost problem. 

Finished up by going for the Artifact of the Skylord. Geared up with a set of Tek armour to cheese the holes in the cave. I hate this particular cave. To be fair the cave is actually a peice of cake but I cant stand the insta death crevases, cant stand those thing in any game tbh feels so cheap. Got two artifacts and got back to base. Finally my Island Artifact display from my recent adventures is complete. On to the rest of the bosses now !

• Like 1

Deinonychus Boss Squad Trial 1

Finally got my act together and preped up a squad of Deinonychus to take on the gamma broodmother. Uncryoed 19 and put all 50+ levels into health, I figured with so little health they would need all the hp they could get and I assumed melee didnt really matter as I would be rellying on the bleed effect. Saddled them all up with mastercraft saddles I preped up ages ago. Grabbed a spare yuty out of cryo and teleported to blue obelisk and started the fight. To be honest I was convined this would be a flop, how wrong I was. They shredded her in about 5 minutes, it was actually insane, especially considering I am not convinced all 19 deinos were even attacking her. It was an easy 500 element. Teleported out and I checked over the deinos. The worst off one had only lost 1k health, alot had lost little to no health, not sure if the broodmother was to busy trying to get to me on my yuty she wasnt really focusing on the deinos or what. In comparison my yuty lost a good 20k health, mostly from the swarming araneo. May need to try other bosses and see what the limit is, got a feeling the limit might be hit very easily.

I must admit there something pleasing about a boss squad full of Deinonychus being led by an essentially over grown Deinonychus.

rps20191109_210810.thumb.jpg.2e7ed38cd49cc622d68b55e6fefde4dd.jpg

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

Well it's been about two weeks, there wasn't much to post largely because nothing I was doing was interesting. It took a week just to breed my basilos together to get the result I wanted. Actually ended up with a pod of 4 so I have a breeding pair, a mount and a spare. Nice. I also didn't play much because I was getting into another game, it's nice to take breaks and do other things from time to time. I did miss most of the Halloween event, but honestly it felt like too much work farming all the stuff for the items anyway so whatever.

But I got back into it today and took on the Megapithicus, took down all 3 with no trouble at all. In fact I think the hardest part was dealing with the rexes on the platform...well that and a stupid pego pack stole my thyla claws and I couldn't figure out which one had them so I had to refarm a bunch. There was like 6 of them, it sucked. Glad I didn't have any cryopods on me.

And now I can start preparing for The Dragon. Joy. I have no idea what to expect from this except probably death. I know it's better to use theris, but I put all of this effort into my rexes, I don't really want to start a whole new breeding project from scratch for this if I can avoid it. That was why I went with rexes, specifically so I only need to maintain one bloodline. I've seen plenty of people manage it in videos with rexes so I'm hoping I can too.

I also have no idea how I'm going to get 3 giga hearts. I know I can try to drown them, but I'd also kind of like to kill at least one legit, if I can do it with guns anyway. Funny to think I've been playing this game for so long and still have so many unknowns and experiences that are new to me. It's a long story but the short version is stayed on a single map server to play with friends, server died, tribe disbanded, couldn't find a cluster I liked and now play SP in the hopes of playing through as much as possible before Genesis. Which at the rate I'm going I might finish The Island and maybe Scorched Earth. Aberration I already know is going to be tough due to the map limitations, and then once I hit Extinction I should be relatively ok since I'll be able to set up infrastructure fairly quickly.

So yeah, a lot of farming and watching videos for reference ahead. Quite a bit to do, I'm thinking I'll need probably 2 weeks just to prepare. I haven't looked up what I need yet but I might also start preparing for the Overseer while I'm at it. Assuming I survive the Dragon I'd like to move ahead as quickly as possible to finally get off this map.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

does anyone actually read all of this thread? or is it just a place to post stuff when the loneliness becomes too much?

God dammit you figured me out...

lonely loner GIF

Really am just posting here because why not? Also fake internet points. Good to read stuff on lunch breaks or what not. But I have been wondering the same myself, threads been a bit quiet recently. Tis a pitty, considering its a sand box game I love seeing what other people do, wish there was more of it. The possibilities are almost endless.

Also its the thread to post the impulsive 'the game screwed me again, and I need to vent' thread. 

• Like 1