So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

21 minutes ago, WarpSpasm said:

You don't 'need' to have a generator, windmills on Valguero don't turn off at night like they do on the island. But it is nice to have an emergency backup in case anything happens to the turbines.

Ya I know but part of me wants to some how make one of everything and if I'm gonna have a generator it needs to be hooked up to at least one of the windmills. I want all the things to look like they belong together and I didn't just throw a bunch of crap around just because lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rosati said:

Ya I know but part of me wants to some how make one of everything and if I'm gonna have a generator it needs to be hooked up to at least one of the windmills. I want all the things to look like they belong together and I didn't just throw a bunch of crap around just because lol

I feel your pain, when I made my little hatchery on Valguero I put a generator in the corner of the air con room. I wired it up to my cable system in case I need it but so far I haven't had to switch it on. Power to air cons, fridges (food and cryo) and chem bench is supplied by the 4 turbines on the roof.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rosati said:

if you want the power grid to work properly too, you have to run a line into the geny and a line out of the geny without any connected lines in-between, else it may break your power grid, plus all lines after the geny aren't restricted to the 20 something distance length for power,  so windmill -> strait cable -> attach geny -> cable out from geny -> your power grid.  Don't have any other connections to the windmill.

Edited by caleb68
  • Like 1

Dodorex Mission Update

Decided to change tact and throw caution to the wind. Thought I would try to over power the dodorex with gigas. I went with the portable tek transmitter technique, dont have a timer on structure pick up on the server so can throw it down and pick it up again and means I am not dealing with cryosickness from cryopods. Thought I would take a deino or two along for the bleed, just incase.

Found the dodorex pretty quickly on the first night of looking which was a surpise, funnily enough just a stones throw away from my base down Spino river. Got the transmitter down close by and downloaded my 4 best gigas as well as 2 deinos, saddled them all up and went in. It was over quickly. The deinos died as quickly as I expected them to. Unfortunately all my gigas died alot fast than I thought they would. I thought I might get them to survive one more fire breath from the dodorex but alas nope. RIP Oceanus, Atlas, Eos and Mnemosyne, you fought well. The dodorex was showing signs of blood so it was probably closer than I thought. Was especially gutted to lose Oceanus, he was my main giga and the goodest of boys. Thankfully I got the saddles back. Sorry Whiskey and Sierra, RIP too but you're easier to replace than the gigas with like a 30 minute maturation timer. Sure our rates are much better than official but going to have to go through the 6 hour raise time imprinting the next batch of gigas always does suck haha. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Been busying myself with building projects. Made a start on putting a roof on the river base but may need to extend some foundations, haven't worked with the triangle pieces that much and didn't anticipate the issue with angles for the sloped roofs. I got some vaults made and placed in my warehouse which is slowly becoming a tower. Made the dino gates and created a dino pen at the river base, which was much needed as I saw a 145 paracer which was red with an all over smattering of purple and black. I named the new paracer Cruor as it looks like a bruised blood clot, glad I parked a quetz on the top of the volcano loaded with taming supplies and my only platform saddle. Dino wiped the island to get more skeletal dinos to craft the last skins and emotes, gonna miss the 5 wild gacha clause though.

• Like 2

Tried to tame a titanosaur with a stolen Mek, but I think I need the cannon attachment thing.  Sword didn't seem to be doing much.

Culled some more newborn wolf cubs.  Down to the last attempted combo of stats and color, and RNG has not been on my side.  Once I get the final line going, I can upgrade the guard dogs at all of my bases.

Just made a bunch of mannequins and am currently going through my stockpile of flak armor from my gachas.  I'm going to pay homage to the terra cotta soldiers.

• Like 2

Started by hatching our 3 Deino and saw that I had 6 hour till they needed care so thought I would take a nap. Woke up at 1 and saw that they were fully developed and ready to go! Thank you extra life event! So decided to hatch our Rex and Yuty as well. Got them hatched and cuddled and walked when they need it and got the saddles made. When I log in next they will be ready to be taken out. Also took advantage of the 8x harvesting and got materials to make more gates and doors to block off the upper area. Got our greenhouse built with 24 med plots and 300% greenhouse and fully irrigated. Also took advantage of quick tames and got a couple decent leveled ptera (one in holiday colors that looks like carnage) and the opposite gender of ones we already have so once the barn is finished we can start breeding. Side note I knew having a greenhouse would be nice but I had no idea how easy it is to just go up and get what I need for taming so quickly and always having a ready supply. It’s a game changer. 

• Like 2

did not do much, i have bben busy making a music video in ark for media arts subject. it pretty good so far. i wanted to do something like what syntac is doing on his latest patreon server. the server is a medieval like server where dinos are not tamable but mammals are. anyway me and riley joined the server over at his on hos 2 new gaming PCs. we started off pretty well. i wanted to do somehting like that on my singal player PS4 world so i made it so i cant tame any dinos. so i spent 3 hours yesterday collecting enough narco berries to make 100 tranq arrows and 100 narcs to feed tames. i them made metal tools and flak armour and journeyed up to the snow above viking bay. i builf a 1x2 stone hut and placed a bed inside. made a 3x3 pen with a dino gate. placed railing on the stai ramp and the top of the pen to make the ramp more effective. i am out looking for wolves to tame and i spot a pack of 5 dwolves. i spyglass them. a 150, 135, 140, 120 and 145. so i lure them in one by one. took 20ish arrwos for 150 to go down. i killed a sheep near the castle and fed it. an hour i have 4 wolves fully tamed. i travel back down and find a nice orange and black rex. it is also a lvl 145. i am soo sad as i cant tame it. i miserably make my way back down to base. i paired them as they all had a desired stats. the health and melee were breeding and the stam and weight were breeding. once each one had  apup that was of oposite gender i bred them. got twins on the first go with the good stats and they were male and female. so i build a wood pen and left them breed while i watch some netflix and youtube. been watching a show called the 100 lately. 100 teenagers are sent down from a space station to see if earth is hospitible after a  nuclear war. the animals are all mutated. i like those kind of series where earth is apocalyptic. i return and find the pen flooded with pups. so i kill the ones that dont have mutations and i have 10ish left. i got red body and red socks. both were health mutations. combined the muts and imprinted the pup to 100%. my wolf dose alot. i am deciding on whether to use thylas or wolves as my main travel mount. wolves for their general usefulness, although thylas are more traverse-able  and can climb. i called the wolf Red Dog after a famouse aussie dog. i plan to expand the base tomorrow. i cal tell ya now. till i get a beaver or a horse collecting berries will be a pain.

• Like 1

Worked on the babies more today, had as many out as i could get in the baby pen

E7F064DEA4A8DF7E9928418DCCA24BCA3DDB10EE

but... i was rather bored sitting around waiting for imprint timers... so I grabbed my rifle and my tranq darts, and a stack of superior kibble... and set out on a mission to tame a couple anky...  tamed a piggy cause it was black, two iguanodon, two ptera, and a couple anky:

38C3FAB9D588158A51BC0488181CFA5E7750C5C2

I have a few good high level colored anky's already, and i think im gonna mix n' match with some of these guys for a breeding project to get better stats and more color mixes.  The other anky's will sit quietly tucked away in a cryofridge till a new player comes along my beach who needs one again. it'll make them happy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rosati said:

We hatched one that looked that like. She is a beast! Jealous of the other colors you go though

i went through a good 100 eggs to get 20 good rexs that looked nice color wise, but im not done there, i still have to make a second set of rexs  with the new stats for the island to replace the old boss rexs, got a few nice 1007 melee / 1125 melee ones ranging from 23-29hp.  I'll need to down breed the levels on a couple as well.  just made another 20 eggs today and tucked them away in the fridge for further down the road, maybe the next holiday event :D

• Like 1

I had a pretty awful day, all in all.

I've been struggling for weeks to keep my footing on the PVP ORP Ragnarok server, but me and a friend (the one I was with before we merged with another tribe) have been fighting nonstop. There's no one really at fault. We are at the end of our rope with each other and we just can't tolerate one another anymore, I don't think. I can't exactly make her leave nor do I want her to stop enjoying the server, I just want to get away from her, and I can't do that while in the same tribe so I've had to accept that I need to leave. 

The thought of losing 10+ months of work however is devastating. I have 700+ creatures in an ARK Smart Breeder file I've mostly been the one to work on. Everyone has names. My lines are tangled up in hers, however, so I can't quite stay on the server. I am going to move to singleplayer/a non-dedicated world with my boyfriend. I have decided to use a temporary god character on a singleplayer Ragnarok to try to cheat/breed creatures with the same or similar base stats to the ones I had on the server. So far, I've successfully done this with the allosaurus I had. 

I plan to store them on Ragnarok, and whenever me and my boyfriend get a new creature, if I have some stored in the Ragnarok world, we can then bring them over to use. That way they don't entirely ruin our experience, but I can still work with them in an interesting setting. We've also been talking about adding some NPC mods to see if we can salvage something of a PVP experience.

It's a fun game, but man the way official started taking over my life and not to mention how easily drama with one person ended it, is devastating. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Slvr said:

I had a pretty awful day, all in all.

I've been struggling for weeks to keep my footing on the PVP ORP Ragnarok server, but me and a friend (the one I was with before we merged with another tribe) have been fighting nonstop. There's no one really at fault. We are at the end of our rope with each other and we just can't tolerate one another anymore, I don't think. I can't exactly make her leave nor do I want her to stop enjoying the server, I just want to get away from her, and I can't do that while in the same tribe so I've had to accept that I need to leave. 

The thought of losing 10+ months of work however is devastating. I have 700+ creatures in an ARK Smart Breeder file I've mostly been the one to work on. Everyone has names. My lines are tangled up in hers, however, so I can't quite stay on the server. I am going to move to singleplayer/a non-dedicated world with my boyfriend. I have decided to use a temporary god character on a singleplayer Ragnarok to try to cheat/breed creatures with the same or similar base stats to the ones I had on the server. So far, I've successfully done this with the allosaurus I had. 

I plan to store them on Ragnarok, and whenever me and my boyfriend get a new creature, if I have some stored in the Ragnarok world, we can then bring them over to use. That way they don't entirely ruin our experience, but I can still work with them in an interesting setting. We've also been talking about adding some NPC mods to see if we can salvage something of a PVP experience.

It's a fun game, but man the way official started taking over my life and not to mention how easily drama with one person ended it, is devastating. 

i suggest taking your tames u wnt to keep and unclaim them, then quickly leave the tribe and claim them. or depending on who the leader is you can kick them. i know i hard but it has to be done. 

That was a good weekend for completing some of my goals actually. Dont get me wrong, these arent high level compared to people out there  but these are mostly clean lines just taken from my wild tames (the odd one has been bred from friends which were definitely mutated) but overall I just wanted to get them finished.

My Daeodons are now complete - born 285 

My Yuty is complete - born 301

Allos - born 295

Thylas - born 350

Anky - born 350

Doed - born 325

Basically, I had a lot of different stats across many tames so I wanted to get them all on one dino and as you can tell above they all worked out alright. Still didnt get any decent Ptera muts so I can only keeping on breeding, hatching, killing etc etc

So I am now in the process of doing our Tappys, Im expecting those to be around 285 when finished and will be a clean line, whilst my tribemate is doing his Troodons, Deins, Monkeys and other small dinos. 

**EDIT - and I finally got my first 190 event Wyvern - after 100+ hrs in previous events, I had even spent 6+hrs this time aroundbut my Poision finally arrived with decent born melee at 365. Shame it was brown, but the red and purple within the wings looks nice.

Edited by Anarki
  • Like 5

I actually didn't do to much this morning or last night. Just kinda ran around and played with having a Rex and an Yuty which is amazing fun! Those two together make quick work of so much except the bone trike. That thing didn't do much damage to the rex but man it took a beating. I did loose one of our pteras this morning due to compys starting a fight with it while I got a drop and that caused splash damage to some trikes who ganged up on it and killed it. Which caused me to go back and get Bubbles (our rex) and eat every trike I saw along the beach. Did get our dodo house built and as soon as the wall around our area are done we will start to fill it. Also have some plans on how to set up a crafting room/incubation room also just need to get the dinos that are in the area I want to build in out. Im also trying to figure out how to build in a spot that is SUPER not level at all (slanty cliff face on the beach in Valguero) and I know in theory how to do it and I've watched a few youtube videos on how to do it I just need to try and it and learn from doing it.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rosati said:

Im also trying to figure out how to build in a spot that is SUPER not level at all (slanty cliff face on the beach in Valguero) and I know in theory how to do it and I've watched a few youtube videos on how to do it I just need to try and it and learn from doing it.

If you build it with ceilings on pillars I would recommend Aaron longstaff on youtube, just to show how to stop the pillars poking up through the floor. And his builds are pretty amazing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WarpSpasm said:

If you build it with ceilings on pillars I would recommend Aaron longstaff on youtube, just to show how to stop the pillars poking up through the floor. And his builds are pretty amazing.

I have copied his 300%green house build which is amazing and his dodo coop is what I built this morning. And I agree they are awesome. I think were gonna try and do his A-frame house at the top of the cliff here soon. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rosati said:

I have copied his 300%green house build which is amazing and his dodo coop is what I built this morning. And I agree they are awesome. I think were gonna try and do his A-frame house at the top of the cliff here soon. 

I want to copy elements of his pagoda build when I build my zoo on Valguero. I want to build it on a flatspot so I can have a foundation floor with aircons on for hatching the eggs that will fall down through the open floors. With argies and/or owls on the roof and other smaller dinos maybe on the other floors all parked around the holes.

• Like 2

My week off for Halloween has ended and as I am back at work now my play time has been greatly reduced. I have dino wiped extinction and scorched and whoosed around on a griffin to spawn in as many event colours as I can, I can try to snag some of them on my limited taming excursions. I still need to wipe Valguero, I stayed away from there because of the overspawns, and I might wipe rag again and hope for a higher lvl event griffin.

• Like 1

So far I've just stared at a download progress screen and watched the Flintstones.  Might name my next few hatchlings Pebbles and Bam Bam.

Once I can actually play the game again, I'm going to hit the argy and direwolf breeding facilities and then work on my terra cotta soldiers (mannequins) project at one of my decoy bases.

• Like 1

Haven't really done a whole lot the last couple days. I have built the dodo coup that my girlfriend wanted but haven't moved the dodos up there yet because our giant wall isn't finished yet. Did manage to find a couple bone jeboas that made me happy cause now our tamed ones are in their bone skeleton. Killed a few bone steggos to get their bones for event stuff. STill need to get a few more bones so I can get the jason mask but I'm sure I can get enough by the 8th. Other than that I've just been kinda moping around trying to work up motivation for the next big build. I love the building but I hate the resource gathering. Specially now that the 8x event is over. 

Cyropodded up some of my scorched colour tames and took them to the island to sit in a fridge until the zoo is built. On my return to scorched, to gather up some stragglers, I whooshed over to the wyvern scar and picked up a 130 lightning egg, left the 2 lvl 40 fire eggs, and on my way back to base the game crashed and I found myself staring at the dashboard. Reloaded and respawned in a hut by green ob and the ob was empty, log says I downloaded a griffin, so I take an argy over to my pillar base and swap out for a wyvern. I go looking for my Griffin and maybe my equipment, log doesn't say I died so not hopeful about finding a bodybag, didn't find either but I did find the 130 egg in the nest I took it from.

This has happened before and I know I have been arked again. Last time I lost my favourite coloured and (at the time) only high level fire wyvern, I shrugged that loss off and carried on as best I could. This time however I am seriously contemplating spawning in and force taming another griffin to replace my loss, would spawn one at the same level mine was pre-tame, I don't want to cheat but I liked my griffin and I only have a couple. My main concern is that if I cheat one in and tame it it could be easier to cheat again. I would just go to rag and tame another one but time is more constrained now so I guess I will just have to mull it over and decided by tomorrow, think I may get an hour on in the afternoon.

• Like 1