So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

34 minutes ago, Rosati said:

I was reading that and sadly i don't have the cryo power yet( i know its not a power its all tech but it sounds cooler to me if i say power) so my plan was to have my gf fly me over to where they are and drop me in a place where I could make the trap/gate thing, which i've never used before but I have been looking into it, and then once its all tamed up have her come back and be lookout for the L O N G walk back to our base. But it seems like they're pretty BA so I feel like I can take most things that will come at me afterwards. And thank you. Thing is the ptera was lost for a week like this before and I stumbled across her on accident when exploring so I feel like that's what is gonna happen to me again. Or at least I'm optimistic that is what will happen. 

I believe you can craft cryopods in drops and Oblisks. (I'm not 100% sure, as I just make them in my Replicator)

But if you are planning on walking your newly tamed Yuty out, you might consider bringing a saddle with you for it, so that you can give it some added protection. And remember, newly tamed dinos, often need time to heal up when you level them up, so it might not be as BA as you think, if its health is still low.  It might be better to just try and run away from most bad guys, until you get it back to your base.

• Like 1

Flew around ragnarok for a bit looking for griffins but none had respawned, the last time I was here I tamed a blue one during the July colour event. Went to my makeshift base, a roughly L-shaped set of foundations 2 wide with a wall along one side and crafting area in the corner. Did some work on the base and then dino wiped and headed out again.

Found and tamed a couple of griffs lvls 55 and 85 one was red body with brown wings and the other was red body with black wings, levels aren't great but I got them for the colours just wish I could breed them. Flying the higher level griff home, to gain some levels, I spot a 135 quetzal in the snowy place, I took the scenic route home, glad I was on the griff instead of my usual argy mount as it makes solo taming a quetz loads easier. Tamed up the quetz, eventually, and she is gorgeous, red wings with a body that is such a dark red it looks black or it's black with red highlights, she may also be the highest level quetz I have and will definitely be bred.

That took up most of my time so I packed up what I needed and headed back to the island to make the most of Fear Evolved.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Woke up in the hatchery on the island and ran out to the ob to get my stuff, the tames all seemed a little interested in me hurtling past them butt naked (except the dimetrodon who didn't seem to notice me rematerialise next to them). I got dressed at the ob and downloaded my argy and other miscellaneous items. A brief spell of putting things away later and I am good to go, I took off on my trusty battle argy (who still needs a name, it's silver grey with light blue wingtips) I left my recent travel buddy argy at home to rest. I farmed a load of orange drops and put the foods in the fridges at the hatchery, still got 2 to fill and the event has been extended so all is on track. Dodorex spawned again and this time I found him on a southern beach, I pulled him away from the waters edge (he was paddling in the shallows, I feel a bit bad for interrupting his downtime) and slowly and carefully proceeded to murderise him by kicking him in his fluffy cloaca. This time I was lucky/careful enough to get the dermis, think when I put it on display I will name him Johnny Depp.

Tried to claim the zomdodos but they remained hostile to my advances and didn't want to come into the woods with me, so much for my plan to gather an army of them.

I also put a cliff platform at 50/50 by the base of the volcano and laid out foundations on it stretching on to the land. I plan to build a greenhouse on it irrigated by the river with a wall and towers protecting it from the land side. This will be the main garden/kitchen base with storage for the artifacts and tributes needed for the boss fights.

Edited by WarpSpasm
Forgot to mention the zomdodos.
  • Like 2

have not been playing for a while, sorta lost interest. the halloween clours seem to be very vauge, not very soldid colours. aside form a few pteras i tamed near redwoods. also cant seem to find skele dinos. have spotted 3 alpha raptors but they ar enot skele ones. if i am correcvt all alphas like carnos, rexes and raptors should be skelton when fear evolved is active. anyway i am not gonna update ark till something good happens or till the christmas event appears. i wanna savour the fear event and to do that i gonna not update ark for a while. i also have had alot of assingments and my new job to keep me busy.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

have not been playing for a while, sorta lost interest. the halloween clours seem to be very vauge, not very soldid colours. aside form a few pteras i tamed near redwoods. also cant seem to find skele dinos. have spotted 3 alpha raptors but they ar enot skele ones. if i am correcvt all alphas like carnos, rexes and raptors should be skelton when fear evolved is active. anyway i am not gonna update ark till something good happens or till the christmas event appears. i wanna savour the fear event and to do that i gonna not update ark for a while. i also have had alot of assingments and my new job to keep me busy.

there is the upcoming extralife event on nov. 2nd,  and mention of possibly getting the turkey event, and of course the winder event.  I agree with the colors, many blan ones, but I did get a nice owl.  I had major issues finding any bone dino's on the island map (official) before the last patch but seeing more alphas as skeleton ones so getting bones there is easier if you know where the alphas normally spawn, and there have been several bone giga showing up between the three mountains.

34 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

there is the upcoming extralife event on nov. 2nd,  and mention of possibly getting the turkey event, and of course the winder event.  I agree with the colors, many blan ones, but I did get a nice owl.  I had major issues finding any bone dino's on the island map (official) before the last patch but seeing more alphas as skeleton ones so getting bones there is easier if you know where the alphas normally spawn, and there have been several bone giga showing up between the three mountains.

yeah i have only been playing on island lately to beat dodorex. in the last event alpahs always spwned as skeletons so it confuses me when i see regular alphas. anyway i have not seen one skele dino. also i suggest to wc to make event colours muc more solid and better. really hard to even tell them form regular colours sometimes. i spawned int eh dodo rex and killed it with a giga on god mode. when it died the dodorex did not give me much. aside form a dermis when hit with dermis tool. also kinda sad ab and ext did not get anything. 

• Like 1

DAY 10 of Baby Raising. 

My quetz found it acceptable for me to pod it and unpod it to classify it as walking. Then it was back to base maintenance I am currently putting up plant species up our base due to recent activity on our server. We already have turrets and Velo's around as well. 

Anyways we are starting our new batch of babies tonight what will be Rexes and Mana's hopefully I will have my quetzes done by the weekend.

• Like 2

Got on early today and continued work on the new soon to be farming and light storage volcano base. I got some stone walls around the edges of the foundations on the land side and wooden railings around the overhanging river side, which should make for a nice balcony when this is finished. Made a start on the irrigation system, layed a pipe out through the railings and ran it down to the river. Now that I have a water source I have plumbed in a beer barrel and industrial cooker, just need to craft the greenhouse pieces and any large crop plots I need (got plenty of small plots from beacon drops). Started playing my favourite ark minigame 'intense inventory management' and worked diligently into the night when dodorex spawned in so of I go. Found the fluffy bugger hiding in the north by the blue ob, I was wondering just how many times I needed to kick him with the argy in order to kill him. I lost count around 135 (ish) as he kept fidgeting. He finally died and I got a second dermis, I was also able to claim the zomdodos without them attacking me this time.

On the 2 occasions where I have been able to claim the zomdodos the dodorex has died right next to them, on the other occasions he has wandered off  (once into a lake and once off a cliff) and died nowhere near the zomdodos. I don't know if this is connected but it seems like quite a big coincidence.

Next up will be a mass zomdodo migration and more crafting to finish the new farm base, and I should really aim to complete the green ob warehouse and progress to the next level of the intense inventory management game.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rosati said:

Might I suggest Bluegrass like the character from Silverhawks (I'm showing my age now)

You may certainly suggest it and I may use it. I was contemplating using a Terrahawks reference because of the colours but none of the names are great. I am veering towards Dodgem, named after Deputy Sheriff Dodgem from Fireball XL5 and the 5 dodorexes it has killed without dying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rosati said:

Might I suggest Bluegrass like the character from Silverhawks (I'm showing my age now)

1 hour ago, WarpSpasm said:

I am veering towards Dodgem, named after Deputy Sheriff Dodgem from Fireball XL5 and the 5 dodorexes it has killed without dying

I have decided to name the battle argy 'Nigh', as in 'the end is nigh'.

Thank you @Rosati for your suggestion, I will use it in the future for a blue and green something. I have been saving all manor of level and colour tames since early 2018 for my big breeding zoo project to be implemented after I finish the storyline.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2019 at 3:14 PM, Aushegun said:

One thing to be aware of, is that Ptera and Argies will freak out and fly away if too close to a roaring Yuty.  So the way I tame them, is find one I like, then I build a 4 dino gate pen. Then I cryopod my flyer.  Then I kite the yuty into the trap and tame them up.  

Sorry to hear about your lost flyers.

Aushegun,

Yutis will fit in a trap with 4 Stone Dino Gates?  Or do you use several Behemoth Gates?  If so, how many Behemoth Gates?  I had been assuming that Yutis were about Rex-sized and would not fit in a Stone Dino Gate.  I have never been close enough to measure one without dying while adjusting the tape measure.

2 hours ago, Stretch11 said:

Aushegun,

Yutis will fit in a trap with 4 Stone Dino Gates?  Or do you use several Behemoth Gates?  If so, how many Behemoth Gates?  I had been assuming that Yutis were about Rex-sized and would not fit in a Stone Dino Gate.  I have never been close enough to measure one without dying while adjusting the tape measure.

They will easily fit in regular dino gate frames.  I fill in the actual gates for three of the side, then leave the final reinforced gate in my hotbar, and kite the Yuty into the trap.as soon as he enters, I hotbar the final gatedoor into place.

I leave enough space between the 4 corners of the gateframes, so that I can slip out safely.

PVP ORP Ragnarok

Well! Tribal drama seems to have settled with the coming of Fear Evolved.

But a new challenge is looming. The tame cap for the entire server has apparently been reached, and although we cryo'd many animals to bring it to a more substantial number, we still must be scraping the ceiling. This could call for warfare between normally fairly peaceful tribes. What I enjoy most about our ORP server is that battles between tribes are quite rare, and most disagreements are handled peacably or with shows of power rather than actual wipes. This gives it an almost political vibe. But this, tame cap getting reached, could push normally docile tribes to action if they grow frustrated enough....

At least, those are my fears. Such is life I suppose, haha, though.... I can't say the idea of getting rid of some enemies in favor of lowering the tame cap isn't tantalizing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Slvr said:

But a new challenge is looming. The tame cap for the entire server has apparently been reached, and although we cryo'd many animals to bring it to a more substantial number, we still must be scraping the ceiling.

we cryo'ed our dinos as well for the event to help evade the dino cap abit, I wish more people would cryo their unused dino's rather then leaving them all out it would help with that problem during more then just the event.

• Like 1

so i was talking my friends place and he got not 1 but 2 new gaming PC's. one for him and one for his little bro. so he downloaded ark on both of them and i told him bout how syntac has a new patreon server. he was flippin out bout it so he said as soon as we finish school this afternoon we will play on it. we are both patreons and are at the rank to access the server. anyway the server is like a medieval server were dinos are not tamable. the server also has castles and keeps, NPC and a few other mods that syntac never plays without like S+. i watched most of his vids and we figured we will go viking bay as the north east end is being swarmed with players including sir syntac himself. i lookin ford to playing a style were it is no dino tames. i wanna go straight for horses then wolves. i feel like wovles and thylas will be a common travel tame. also since u cant tame dinos kibble will be impossible to get as you can farm the eggs. we already know where we gonna build. sadl yit also were syntac and his tribe wanna build. its the flat area near castle. since we will be spawning in viking bay we should get there first. 

imagine if we go up against syntac himself

Edited by Kodking194
  • Like 2

Started with the mass transport of zomdodos up the mountain to blue ob, being able to carry 3 at a time with the argent is a blessing. Looks like I have the option to upload them so I could 'fast travel' them to another obelisk, even though I was thinking of gathering them all at the new kitchen base. As I was flying off to continue gathering the artifacts and tributes dodorex spawns again, after a couple of game days searching I find him on the southern coast and gain another gaggle of undead dodos. No dermis this time as he fell in a shallow river with piranhas around. I lead the dodos to the coast and on route they killed a couple of pegos, a few dilos and trodons, 2 raptors lvl 10 and 50 and a lvl 55 sarco.

Now it's dodorex night again and off I jolly well go. 

But before I leave I want to share my findings, it seems if you use an argy to kill dodorex you need to stay towards the base of his tail and above or level with his back. If you get too close to his head or drop below the midway point between his spine and belly he will agro. Also don't land for stam while the music is playing as he will give chase, land for stam outside of the music range.

• Like 3

Logged on, bred new black/orange argy with my line, culled the baby.

Watched Netflix all night, hopping over to Ark every 15 minutes to run in a circle and open a door to keep from being booted for inactivity. 

Ran a few loads of advanced bullets before bed.  Not sure why, my server is pretty much deserted.

Edited by SMP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Found the second ddrex on the western edge by the shallow inlet/sandbar, killed him and got another dermis and claimed 28 zomdodos. Walked the dodos back to red ob for potential fast travel and then went back and tamed a level 20 diplo, she has a blue body and orange underbelly and red spikes, she serves no real purpose but I think she looks pretty. Walked her to the red ob to sit with the dodos and that's it for the morning, time to find food irl.

• Like 3

So the gf and I talked about it and decided that we were gonna buy ark on steam finally and start over instead of continuing to play on xbox. So bought it for both our machines. Downloaded and went to play and the graphics were awful, continuously crashed all the time. The lag was awful for the gf and it was never really an issue when playing on the xbox servers. Did some troubleshooting this morning and tried the fixes that I found online (verify files, delete other files and then verify) and we have decided this is nonsense so were going back to our orignal game (luckily i kept all out stuff and didn't give any of it away yet) and will be requesting a refund later today. Also jumped back into our game in Valguero just in time to see all of our dinos jump an allo that got into our base somehow and I put up a windmill that I found in a drop just for fun cause I have 4 of them. just need to add the generator now. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Rosati said:

I put up a windmill that I found in a drop just for fun cause I have 4 of them. just need to add the generator now. 

You don't 'need' to have a generator, windmills on Valguero don't turn off at night like they do on the island. But it is nice to have an emergency backup in case anything happens to the turbines.

• Like 3