So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

This is why I don't play Ark angry.

After a good night's sleep and some time for rational thought, I was able to recover my lost items. The easiest way to do it was to go into my game files and load the previous save. So, I lost about 5 hours of progress but kept about 100 hours of stockpiled items. As fair as trades go, that's pretty fair. I didn't really lose anything of value from the now lost time period, but I did have to finish leveling my last army rex again which was annoying.

With my mats restored it was back to work.

I took my bary down to the swamp cave and did a run. I did get an asc fur cap bp, handy for someone who lives a stone's throw from the snow, but that was about it for loot.

I know on SP caves can take a long time to respawn so I took the bary home for now. Took the argent out to run drops for awhile in the meantime.

The alpha rex was still stomping about on carno island. When I checked its HP I noticed it hadn't regened at all, I have taken the occasional swipe at it on my way by. So I decided I wasn't going to let it run my map just because it's an alpha, and pushed the unnamed argent into a dive to strafe that rex's back with our talons. With only a primitive saddle we had to be careful to keep out of bite range as much as possible, luckily I always put 10k HP on my battle birds. It may seem excessive, but with every bite doing 145-200+ damage every point counted.

It took 2 breaks for stamina and a few tertiary kills of interloping carnivores, but then...

20190924191257_1.thumb.jpg.be5b6f679e365c9436501d55c85a5d19.jpg

A victory hard earned.

And the argent finally has a name. Considered that we straight up assassinated this alpha rex, I decided it would be fitting to call him Altair.

We flew home and I decided to end my night while we were ahead.

• Like 4

PS4 -  Unofficial Cluster 

Bad storms in my area caused me to only play for about 2 hours last night.  I logged into Rag, and hit some drops and beacons. Then my buddy Texas logged in, and we did the Alpha bosses.  My team of Rexs and I were pretty much useless. Upon entering the arena, my rexs were all stuck on each other, and no matter what I whistled, they couldn't get unstuck. Finally I had to get on each one and move him out of the pile. This finally accomplished, we began our sprint across the arena to where Texas and his team are fighting the Dragon. We don't even get to join them before the dragon is dead!

We then focus on the Manticore, who of course never landed near us, but instead would always land nearly on top of Texas and his rexs.  And of course Golems would spring up between us and the Manticore, so my team pretty much spent the entire time in the arena killing golems. 25 minutes later, we had defeated the bosses , and with the boosted server setting, we got a total of 1600 element (800 each) So that helps tremendously for stocking up the generators, and for saving up towards teleporters (10k Element, 10k ingot, plus other resources)

I did also manage to to tame a very low level, but cool looking Green Bay Packer colored griffin.

I then transferred over to Abberration, and quickly found a 304 Reaper Queen (max level is 351), I kited her back to the trap, and a blue and red event colored reaper king baby burst thru my chest a bit later.

Still in party chat with Texas, I let him know about the Queen, who was still in the trap. He said he would be over soon, but had to finish some giga imprints first.

Well 20 minutes later, I was struggling to keep my eyes open, so I just hopped into the tek pod, but did not log off. I then went to bed.

2.5 hours later I wake up (I sleep very poorly, due to sever back injury and pain) and I walked into the living room to see if Texas was done with the Queen, so I could log off my character. To my surprise, Texas was still on the Abberration map, and the Queen was still in the trap.  I asked him in chat if he was done with Queen, and he said that he had not gotten pregnant yet, and was instead gathering resources and other errands.

So I got back into the sleeping pod, and once again stayed logged in .

3 hours later I was up again, and this time he was not logged into the server, so I logged out, and closed my PS4 down for the day.

I did manage to get a better picture of my Rag bridge at night.

BCEX6423.JPEG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 -  Unofficial Cluster 

Bad storms in my area caused me to only play for about 2 hours last night.  I logged into Rag, and hit some drops and beacons. Then my buddy Texas logged in, and we did the Alpha bosses.  My team of Rexs and I were pretty much useless. Upon entering the arena, my rexs were all stuck on each other, and no matter what I whistled, they couldn't get unstuck. Finally I had to get on each one and move him out of the pile. This finally accomplished, we began our sprint across the arena to where Texas and his team are fighting the Dragon. We don't even get to join them before the dragon is dead!

We then focus on the Manticore, who of course never landed near us, but instead would always land nearly on top of Texas and his rexs.  And of course Golems would spring up between us and the Manticore, so my team pretty much spent the entire time in the arena killing golems. 25 minutes later, we had defeated the bosses , and with the boosted server setting, we got a total of 1600 element (800 each) So that helps tremendously for stocking up the generators, and for saving up towards teleporters (10k Element, 10k ingot, plus other resources)

I did also manage to to tame a very low level, but cool looking Green Bay Packer colored griffin.

I then transferred over to Abberration, and quickly found a 304 Reaper Queen (max level is 351), I kited her back to the trap, and a blue and red event colored reaper king baby burst thru my chest a bit later.

Still in party chat with Texas, I let him know about the Queen, who was still in the trap. He said he would be over soon, but had to finish some giga imprints first.

Well 20 minutes later, I was struggling to keep my eyes open, so I just hopped into the tek pod, but did not log off. I then went to bed.

2.5 hours later I wake up (I sleep very poorly, due to sever back injury and pain) and I walked into the living room to see if Texas was done with the Queen, so I could log off my character. To my surprise, Texas was still on the Abberration map, and the Queen was still in the trap.  I asked him in chat if he was done with Queen, and he said that he had not gotten pregnant yet, and was instead gathering resources and other errands.

So I got back into the sleeping pod, and once again stayed logged in .

3 hours later I was up again, and this time he was not logged into the server, so I logged out, and closed my PS4 down for the day.

I did manage to get a better picture of my Rag bridge at night.

BCEX6423.JPEG

Whip. Whip always. Why dont you have a whip? You should always have a whip. The most useful tool in ARK, hands down! Last Tek cave I was yelling at people who didnt have a whip hahah..

Nice bridge man.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Whip. Whip always. Why dont you have a whip? You should always have a whip. The most useful tool in ARK, hands down! Last Tek cave I was yelling at people who didnt have a whip hahah..      I never think of the whip, because it never seems useful. I will give it a try tonight.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Nice bridge man.   Thanks, I think the artifact lighting really helps.

Havent been on Ark much recently. Between work, life and a holiday I havent had much time for gaming, and what little time I had I have spent playing other games. Also it hasnt felt right without d1nk. 

I have spent what little of my time on Ark consolidating all of the tribes assets onto the Island base, I cant keep up with the upkeep on multiple servers by myslef. Turns out this was also a good move as the Aberration and Scorched servers on the cluster are being decommissioned.  As we didnt have any setup on Scorched this wasnt an issue but on Aberration it was a bit more problematic but i had been moving assets off the server and decommissioning the base anway. I think I have gotten everything of use off the server but am still attempting to hunt a few things including our rock drake saddle bp. Also, annoyingly one or two of the tek teleporters are being problematic and refusing to be picked up.

Its the same story on the Ragnarok (which is also being wiped at somepoint anway), Extinction and the Center servers. I moved all the breeders and blueprints off the Center and into the Island base, my word I need a cull of the blueprint collection. Still looking around for a few things but it looks like I have done most of the hard work.

On the Island the refurbished central base is now up and running. I am in the process in sorting out the boss theri line trying to sort out some solid breeders but its slow work. Am also sorting out some giga eggs to raise up some more gigas just incase for any future endeavours. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

PS4 Single Player-

The search for a decent Roll Rat continues.

I'm not prepared for blue zone yet so the Roll Rat search is limited to green zone. I went out first on foot. I have, at the time, 174 movement speed, and the Rav is being used for weight. 

I ran to the portal, to fertile lake, scaled the cliff sides and finally came across a level 75 rat. Unfortunately I don't know the bee spawn locations well so the next trip was to find one of those. 

Taking a path towards fertile lake I ran by scorpions, pack of raptors, pack of raptors, pack of ravagers, scorpions, and got caught on a rock. A sneaky scorpion got 2 hits in and then I was off again pass another pack of raptors when I got KO'd. 30 fortitude but with only cloth armor, I guess 2 hits from a mid level scorpion is too much. 

The raptors jumped on my body and killed me fast. I spawned by fertile lake and ran back to the death spot but the bag was gone and there was no light beam.

I ghosted and still no bag. It's nothing but empty space under there and so I guess if my bag went under the map it fell into the abyss. 

I ran up to a 120 Basilisk and punched it, then spawned back at my base. I regeared and returned to the spot of my demise for revenge.

After I got sweet justice, I continued my look for a Roll Rat/hive. I stumbled upon a 130 Dire Bear and had to have it. On maps like this, early game tames get leeway on levels. I fashioned a standard 2 x 2 trap and guided the bear inside. It bit me once for 116 damage so I was curious on its melee. 

I only have a standard crossbow which is always dicey when taming  a bear so after about 20 arrows I placed a sleeping bag and got into the trap so it could kill me. It never did. I killed a Parasaur and drug it but the bear never ate it either. Finally I decided to risk it and kept firing arrows. With about 80 hp left it finally went down. 

Ravagers and raptors appeared so I spent a few minutes killing them and then threw the kibble in. I forgot to check its melee but when it stood up it had 371. Pretty good tame. 

I then walked my Bear back to base and found a level 80 rat. I was getting off so I will get that next time I'm on.

I got on the next day and took the bear out to get honey to tame the rat. Went to a hive I do know about and then made my way towards fertile lake. The rat wasn't around but I could hear it fighting close.

I spotted it as it evaporated to two Ravagers. I spyglassed them. A 120 and a 140.

I bola'd both and piked the 120 to death. Then I started tranquing the 140. We had a little back and forth but I eventually got it down...with an extra arrow. Sigh.

I built a trap around the Ravager then slaughtered a sheep, healed it up, stimmed it, and then spent the rest of its time down cooking lamb chops and clearing the area of threats.

While fighting raptors the bear got pinned. They need to fix that bug. I have the bear on neutral to protect me when I get pinned but now its pinning the bear and another one is pinning me which is a pain. Luckily I upgraded to hide armor so I'm lasting long enough for the bear to help me out. 

I returned to the Ravager and KO'd it again. Instant tame but nothing overwhelming in stats. 830 weight so I'll retire the old tame and make this my new weight carrier for the time being.

I need to go forward with my base build up so I guess the Roll Rat will have to wait. I'll hand harvest the wood so I can get my crafting area set up, make some hazard, and venture into blue for Megalo's and maybe better rats down there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

O.O 

The whip!! I dont pick stuff up. I whip it, whip it real good. You move dinos, move babies, land fliers, over cap while moving stuff (drop all metal from anky body, whip up and throw in forge) or moving between vaults? Take all, popcorn (left trigger) it to ground, move close to vault and whip up. For bosses, go in the middle and whip like a mad man they will all spread out. Remember: dinos go the way you face while whipping, use to your advantage.

Farming metal on anky without flier? Over cap, whip it and itll walk still. Do this between nodes then pick.up overcapped anky with wyvern or whatever after. Whips. The bees' knees.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 7:19 PM, Cymas said:

Short session today.

My stack mod updated at some point since I played last.

I logged in to find all of my consumables gone. Empty generator, empty fridges, dead crop plots. all of my mats gone...things I've been stockpiling since day 1. I have my animals and my gear and nothing else.

Played just long enough to get gas in the generator before it ran out, harvested a few rare flowers for the beehive, and started the beetle again to start refilling my crop plots.

Then I logged off because I had a really bad day and this is just too overwhelming to deal with.

That completely sucks. If you can't restore a backup, consider deleting the stack mod and going to stack .ini entries? I can post a decent list for you if you want, and you can tune to suit. 

edit: nm, and grats on getting your stuff back :)

Edited by Milsurp

PVE-Official-TheIsland

today i worked on rebuilding the area where i had a dock, and it looks alot better now I think but still alot of work left to do to it, went through 50k stone and 200 stone walls I had gotten over the weekend, along with 60 greenhouse windows and a ton of pillars, stone ceilings, wood walls and wood ceilings.

As i was planning to leave several of the german tribes were getting ready to do a boss fight, and invited me to join in, they were helping a new player get the tek engrams for making the geny and trough, so alpha ape it is! the battle took about 6 minutes, My rex took about 1/6th of damage to its health but some of the other rexs took alot, I teleported home and grabbed my snow owl and came back then started healing everyones rexs. it was fun, I headed back to my base, and put things and dino's away before heading out for the night...

but... before leaving, I had to make everyone run around and look at the backsides of their dino's by sharing abit of a totally useless ark fact, "hey everyone heres a totally useless ark fact for you, The Mammoth is the only dino with a painted on bum hole" ... few seconds later "lol... you made me have to go look!" ... yep that was worth it.

tomorrow, or later tonight before bed, I'll hop on Valguero and feed my dino's there, they are probably getting abit hungery now, I haven't been on there sense saturday.

"Want some mead? Course ya do!"
Cheers everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I started my day with enough eggs to make a chicken farm jealous. Since rolling back my save, I've had quite a few of them building up so I went ahead and started hatching them. The very first rex egg I popped gave me my second stack melee mutation. Great! Except for one thing. People are always posting cool blue, purple, even red rexes. This is what I got:

20190925173636_1.thumb.jpg.44492fe006012dbe305c7c8b7cc91c71.jpg

If Lisa Frank did dinosaurs, it would be this rex.

With dubious progress in progress, I took my bary out to the swamp cave for another run. Got an asc theri saddle, which would be more useful if I had one. I plan to tame one if I can find a good weight stat out there somewhere, need a mushroom/flower harvester. Nothing else was worth mentioning.

Then I ran out to carno island and stalked drops in the area for awhile. No luck there either.

Flew home and the rave rex was grown. Also a female, so I put her with my clean male, luckily we popped a moldy pea soup male to continue the stack with. You know it's bad when that green is an improvement...

Did a few chores around the base and called it a night.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, d1nk said:

O.O 

The whip!! I dont pick stuff up. I whip it, whip it real good. You move dinos, move babies, land fliers, over cap while moving stuff (drop all metal from anky body, whip up and throw in forge) or moving between vaults? Take all, popcorn (left trigger) it to ground, move close to vault and whip up. For bosses, go in the middle and whip like a mad man they will all spread out. Remember: dinos go the way you face while whipping, use to your advantage.

Farming metal on anky without flier? Over cap, whip it and itll walk still. Do this between nodes then pick.up overcapped anky with wyvern or whatever after. Whips. The bees' knees.

Thanks for the tips, I just realized that "it's not too late, 

to whip it,

whip it good!"

• Like 1

PS4 - unofficial cluster

Logged into Valguerro last night, and got Indiana to join me as we hit the wyvern trench. As luck would have it, he got a handful of high level and near max eggs, while I got the total crap levels.

We also ventured into the fire wyvern area, and grabbed a few eggs.

He then flew back to his base to hatch them up.

Frustrated by my poor luck, I flew around the trench repeatedly for about 20 minutes (leaving render, then returning) and finally ended up getting 3 Ice and 1 Fire egg that were high level.  I got back to my base and sadly they were all vanilla colored (server is running Summer Bash event)

Meanwhile Indiana tells me in party chat that two of his are cool event colors, and at the same time, California (who was on Rag, but in our party) tells me he got a max level ice wyvern that is cool Easter event colors.  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  so jealous.  I only use Ice and Fire wyverns, and I cannot get colored ones.

Frustrated, and switched over to Abberration, and raised up one of the colored reapers from the other night, and then I headed back into the radiation in search of a Queen.

A few nights back, I had asked the admin to do a wild dino wipe, as I could not get any Reaper Queens to spawn anymore.

Well I hadn't gone 100 yards into the Radiation zone, when not 1, not 2, but THREE Queens popped up and started to attack me, I kited them back into my trap area, and thankfully lost one. But when I tried to get 1 in each of the two traps,  but they were not cooperating, and both jumped into the same trap. (I use ramp traps) Faced with this dilemma, I tried to tail whip one out of the trap to no avail.  I then just decided to kill the lower level one. After doing that, I began trying to get impregnated from the remaining queen.  I got her down to the pink glow, and after she tail whipped me, I was getting back into position, when suddenly she died!  Standing there chomping on her body was bright red event high level purlovia.

I quickly killed it with my reaper, and went back out for another Queen.  This time I found 2 more , and while kiting them back to the trap I managed to get both of them into separate traps. I then proceeded to get impregnated by one, and later the other, but both were normal colored babies, and were culled.

Finally I ended the night by getting 2 Green and White good level babies.

The elusive Purple or Blue bodied reaper baby is still avoiding me!  :(

• Like 3

So they call me Chris Two Manas now, on account of how I've got two Managarmrs. I've got this sticker on one, you'll like this, it says "My other Managarmr is also a Managarmr!" It's funny, and accurate, yeah? Because of my two Manas.

This? Oh, that's just my Mastercraft crossbow. Do you have a Mastercraft crossbow? You have to get one - they're so good.

Turns out crime pays quite handsomely. Did I mention my two Manas?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, chris282 said:

So they call me Chris Two Manas now, on account of how I've got two Managarmrs. I've got this sticker on one, you'll like this, it says "My other Managarmr is also a Managarmr!" It's funny, and accurate, yeah? Because of my two Manas.

This? Oh, that's just my Mastercraft crossbow. Do you have a Mastercraft crossbow? You have to get one - they're so good.

Turns out crime pays quite handsomely. Did I mention my two Manas?

So if you pitted them against each other in a fight to the death, would it be a mana v mana mano a mano?

• Haha 2

PS4 - Ragnarok

Me: Hi there person on server, want to join me as i do the alpha boss battle with my OP rexs on this boosted server, and we get 1600 element plus lots of loot?

Person on server:  sure

Manticore:  LOL I ain't landing you sons of beaches.

Arena Timer: ZERO

Innocent person on server: Why am I dead, and lost everything?

Me:  So there is this bug with the Manticore, that I had never seen in person before.  I guess I can check that off my bucket list.

My Rexs, Yuty, Featherlight, Tek suits, and everything else:  RIP

:Jerbcry::(:Jerbcry:

• Sad 6

PS4 Single Player- Took the Rav out to harvest some metal so I could cook it why I worked on my base. I don't need a lot currently so I just run up to the lake below the portal and harvest the couple metal and crystal nodes there. 

I will take the bear out to kill some crabs later for poly but I want a fridge, a few AC's, and a generator. 

On my way to the area I finally found a decent level roll rat. 125. I had my bear cryo'd so I popped him out, cleared the area around the rat, found a hive and tamed him up. 

That will help the build immensely. 

Called it an early night.

The next day, I got on but wasn't really feeling the building so I decided to do some farming/taming. 

First I checked off the cliff face I first built at to check some Megalo levels. There were 2 in the area that I suicided off the cliff so I could build. I haven't done a dino wipe yet so I wanted to check their levels. I spied them up and see one is a 140 and one is a 130. M and F. Pretty much the luckiest I could of gotten that close to green. 

I'll keep them in mind for a tame down the road. 

Next I cleared some more metal and then took the bear out to kill crabs. 

I was surprised by a Rav and so killed it. Unlucky it was a 145. Too quick on the trigger that time. 

I spied Spino's as I cleared the river of crabs and found a 140. Spino is best bet to get my first Drake egg since only a few things will aggro it in red. I set the trap and kited her on in. KO'd her and her hp is awful but she's got 245 melee. Tamed her up and got a great roll into melee. 420. 

Cleared out more spino's and just to push the breeding forward a bit, I settled on a male 125. Nothing special on it but the baby will be a first nice raise. 

Took the poly back to base and crafted up some gens, ac's, fridges, and found a drop to craft a cryofridge and few more pods. 

I'll commence building when I get back on later and probably tame up those megalo's.

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Ragnarok

Me: Hi there person on server, want to join me as i do the alpha boss battle with my OP rexs on this boosted server, and we get 1600 element plus lots of loot?

Me:  So there is this bug with the Manticore, that I had never seen in person before.  I guess I can check that off my bucket list.

Been there when I tried to solo Rag on official with my Theri's. 

It sucked losing all that stuff but I spent a big majority of the fight running around on the ground and actually had a blast despite the loss. 

My characters name was Grog so we use to envision him as the Chuck Norris of our alliance, that boss fight or the time I finished a red OSD drop from round 3 on foot with a compound bow and pump shotgun because the Giga raged and died were "the most Grog thing ever done" as my friends liked to put it. 

• Haha 1

PS4 - Ragnarok

Feel sorry for your loss, I've never fought manticore myself before though.

Loved the way you described it :D

• Like 1

So you're saying that the local council said "Nana nana boo boo to the mana v mana mano a mano?"

The deathfight was arranged by the grandmother of one Eric Twinge (voiced by Tim Brooke-Taylor of The Goodies, known as Eric Wimp in the original "Nutty" comic - later "Dandy & Nutty") on the understanding that it would be attended by the Bahraini Ambassador to the United States who, you'll of course be aware, is Hoda Nono. Unfortunately the ambassador was forced to cancel due to important diplomatic business, so the council backed out.

Or if you prefer,

BANANAMAN NANA MANA V MANA MANO A MANO A NO NO, NO NONO.

I... think I need to lie down.

• Haha 1

Upon logging in last night I got started with my new daily-ish routine.

Checked on the dinos, repaired my Scuba tank, and headed to the swamp cave. Got an asc theri saddle bp this time, but that was it. Dropped the bary off at base and M2 had grown up, so I put him in the breeding line. Then off to chase drops around carno island.

Nothing.

Took the spino out for a run, proved profitable as I finally found and tamed an otter. We also looked for the basilo I lost in a previous forced rollback, no luck. It must have despawned. Or maybe I'm just not seeing it, I only have a vague memory of where I found it the first time.

Returned to base and spent some time popping eggs, no keepers.

That was about it really. Spent the time between eggs grinding some mats out. Naturally because of the swamp cave I've been collecting loads of chitin so I ground a lot of that down into paste. Honestly I could afford to make a lot of hard poly with all of this, which would be good for when I start unlocking Tekgrams.

Completely bottlenecked without that saddle bp, though. Honestly I'm not really sure what to do, as everything I've done in game so far has been about progression. I'm rapidly reaching the point where there just isn't much else. Because I plan on playing through each map in sequence, I'm waiting until I'm done with the entire process to really invest in any big non-progression projects.

Debating the merits of making a small outpost just for farming swamp cave, so I can leave the bary there between runs. I think that's honestly going to be the majority of my weekend. Not exactly exciting but without saddles my rex army is just a really big set of paperweights. I suppose I can alternate cave and metal runs, once I do get a bp I need to actually make them after all.

• Like 3