So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

good to know on  giga though, glad they drown, that's a lot easier then trying to kite them away from a base so you can kill them.

The 2 I got rid of were at the spawn by the lava cave, I was going to try taming one in the natural trap which I had crafted a metal behemoth gate for.

• Like 1

I probably won't get on for the next few days so I am consouling myself by reading this thread from the beginning, currently on page 10 of 230. So far it's comforting to me that over the last 2 years so many people have had the same issue with taming, namely: 'I want to tame a high lvl this or that', can't find one for love nor money. 'Tamed a high lvl X,Y,Z, didn't need it but it was there'.

Strangely nice to know that we have all had the same problem with the Ark gods (overseer) not giving us the spawns we want when we want them. Maybe this is why we all want to do the tek cave and ascend, so we can kick his arse for messing us around.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, WarpSpasm said:

I probably won't get on for the next few days so I am consouling myself by reading this thread from the beginning, currently on page 10 of 230. So far it's comforting to me that over the last 2 years so many people have had the same issue with taming, namely: 'I want to tame a high lvl this or that', can't find one for love nor money. 'Tamed a high lvl X,Y,Z, didn't need it but it was there'.

Strangely nice to know that we have all had the same problem with the Ark gods (overseer) not giving us the spawns we want when we want them. Maybe this is why we all want to do the tek cave and ascend, so we can kick his arse for messing us around.

Thats half the fun of ARK. The game was most balanced when it was just The Island. When they added The Center (thus adding 150 wilds vs 120 prior) it turned into a quantity over quality tame process. Thats around the time they introduced breeding , too.

Half the game is searching for those tames, taming Y dino instead, doing Z cave just because you were near it etc.

• Like 1

PS4 -new server cluster

Sadly the 7 map boosted cluster that I have enjoyed for the last 4 months has become a total mess. Veteral admins all left suddenly, rumors of the donation money being withdrawn instead of used to pay for servers. A whole batch of new, pain in the butt, smartmouthed, entitled people joined servers. A couple of new admins being overwhelmed by all the demands thrown at them.

Plus the total absence of the cluster owner and no solid answers about if the cluster is out of money or running out soon.

Very sad, and it makes it hard to keep donating to a server, if you get no clear answers.

I recently was contacted my someone who used to play on the cluster, who just opened their own server over the weekend., with plans to extend to 3-4 maps soon.

So I joined that server, and have been getting my feet wet over there. 2 of my buddies from the other cluster have come over and joined me. We are hoping that the Abberation map is added soon, so we can get back to Reaper hunting. In the meantime we will play on Rag & Val.

We still have our bases and dinos on the old cluster, and we will pop in a couple times a week to refresh them; but it is hard to get excited about taming,breeding, etc, if it will all disappear soon.

Fall is usually when I play the least, because I try to spend my weekends out in the woods at my property up north.  So this may be the perfect time to just cut the cord with the old cluster. But dang, I am going to miss all of my color mutated owls that I spent months breeding up. As well as the event colored Reapers I just got.

In the end, they are just pixels on a screen; but still I invested a lot of time into that cluster and those dinos.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Thats half the fun of ARK. The game was most balanced when it was just The Island. When they added The Center (thus adding 150 wilds vs 120 prior) it turned into a quantity over quality tame process. Thats around the time they introduced breeding , too.

Half the game is searching for those tames, taming Y dino instead, doing Z cave just because you were near it etc.

I joined the game after rag, thanks to youtube, at first I thought it was just me it was happening to. I haven't played online because of time constraints and decay timers, which means little to no interaction with other players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 -new server cluster

Sadly the 7 map boosted cluster that I have enjoyed for the last 4 months has become a total mess. Veteral admins all left suddenly, rumors of the donation money being withdrawn instead of used to pay for servers. A whole batch of new, pain in the butt, smartmouthed, entitled people joined servers. A couple of new admins being overwhelmed by all the demands thrown at them.

Plus the total absence of the cluster owner and no solid answers about if the cluster is out of money or running out soon.

Very sad, and it makes it hard to keep donating to a server, if you get no clear answers.

I recently was contacted my someone who used to play on the cluster, who just opened their own server over the weekend., with plans to extend to 3-4 maps soon.

So I joined that server, and have been getting my feet wet over there. 2 of my buddies from the other cluster have come over and joined me. We are hoping that the Abberation map is added soon, so we can get back to Reaper hunting. In the meantime we will play on Rag & Val.

We still have our bases and dinos on the old cluster, and we will pop in a couple times a week to refresh them; but it is hard to get excited about taming,breeding, etc, if it will all disappear soon.

Fall is usually when I play the least, because I try to spend my weekends out in the woods at my property up north.  So this may be the perfect time to just cut the cord with the old cluster. But dang, I am going to miss all of my color mutated owls that I spent months breeding up. As well as the event colored Reapers I just got.

In the end, they are just pixels on a screen; but still I invested a lot of time into that cluster and those dinos.

If uploads are enabled on the cluster, upload them and download them onto your own local game, either server or SP. I play on an unofficial and download cool tames from there to my local Rag server so they're all safe and backed up. 

1 hour ago, WarpSpasm said:

I joined the game after rag, thanks to youtube, at first I thought it was just me it was happening to. I haven't played online because of time constraints and decay timers, which means little to no interaction with other players.

I use the High Levels mod. I'd much rather be able to get good tames, but need them because everything is high level, than fight to get a good tame and when I get one, just be walking over all the low-level opposition. I'm also using Immersive Taming with extended taming times though, so getting good tames takes time and has excitement to it.

Example, 3 hours recently to tame down a 185 lightning wyvern. My 334 fire wyvern barely lived through the taming combat portion, then I died twice and lost a high-level snow owl during the rest of the tame. It was fun! :D 

Single Player

I've done a bunch since last post. Finally gearing myself towards the bosses so after contemplating a few unique dino idea's I settled onto a familiar friend in the Theri. I farmed up about 25 traps worth of material (I lay a 2x3, go 2 high on doorways in a 2x2 section, then run stairs/ramps off one side) then placed them on Rag, Valguero, and the Island close to Theri spawns.

I decided i didn't want to house an egg farm so just spawned in about 300 extraordinary kibble and went to work. Jumping between maps, clearing spawns, and after about 35 tames I came out with 8178 hp, 1860 stam, 678 wt, and 371 melee. The stam is amazing (52 levels) and the rest are decent starting points though I am sure with continued hunting I can find higher clean HP and melee. I'll drop them as I see them but start on this line to build up a bit for at least a beta Rag/Valguero fight. In single player you have to transfer out through obelisk's or transmitters, so I need the transmitter unlocked so I can go to Aberration and get back home because I'm not trying to go to the surface every time I want to jump.

During breaks of Theri hunting I went to Extinction and tamed up some Owl's and Gacha's. Got myself a few silica pearl gacha's which is nice since my need for electronics is low and the rest can be stored for a Yuty saddle once the need arises. I also pulled an organic poly and oil gacha so the main resources I need on the island are settled. The owl's weren't great stats but were perfect for what I wanted which was a fast flyer and the healing ability. I tamed up about 4 of them and was able to get 3.1k hp, 1700 stam, 630ish wt, and 320ish melee. I thoroughly enjoy the owl's so I may revisit that project down the line.

During my hunt in Valguero I also grabbed a couple 140 Deino eggs so I am working on them a bit. Such easy raises. I am not a fan of having to lead packs around on a regular basis but they'll be fun on hum drum days. Decent enough stats (well a bit low on the melee but it's a project for fun) so they had 1320 hp, 495 stam, 201 wt, and 236 melee. I won't breed them like I did on my unofficial server but if I find a decent saddle I may breed them to a point to try them against some of the gamma bosses.

Finally, I also decided to work on Rhino's a bit. Spotted a few 150's in my travels on Val and Rag so dropped them and came out with 371 melee on one and 4400 hp on another. Both are females so I am hoping to find a male with over 504 stamina to start breeding them together. 

I did take a day to go wild on Extinction and created a new character, spawned in a couple level 450 Theri's and breed up a pair to run a red drop. I combined the hp and melee stats (14k hp, 546 melee) got a male and female fully imprinted, spawned in a 100 armor saddle for each, 20 cakes each and demolished that red drop. Standard 21k hp but a ridiculous 1600 melee with full levels. It wasn't even really fair. both walked out with 20k hp still. I killed them off after but decided to keep the character uploaded as my crafter at level 105. Put it in my tribe on the island so the annoyance of having to relearn each engram after every mindwipe is no longer an issue.

I said I'd upload my island base so;

1534854445_singlebuild1a.thumb.jpg.765f35c836e16d3c69a57ff76d3f3eea.jpg

580373905_singlebuild2a.thumb.jpg.11f67ed9a5a3279dc912a8bea5c2bf48.jpg

I am normally a box builder but have been experimenting a bit more, particularly with bridges.Trust me when I say this a bit of a big build for me. Lol. I kept it simple, and plan to build a bridge down to the ob to transport my boss dino's to and fro. I am not sure if I will upgrade to metal. Possibly on the hatchery so that I don't have to constantly repair when I pike disappointments. These pictures were taken pre indy forge, chem bench, and electricity. I'd like to incorporate some of the S+ items they added for console but it normally turns out looking crappy and i get frustrated so I kind of avoid it besides for stairs.

I did take a trip over to my unofficial and work on the Deino's. After about 800 additional hatches with no mutes (despite being 0/0 on females and 19/20 on the male) I called it a day on them and will just raise some to run a fight. Final stats are 1740 hp, 780 stam, 221 wt, and 378 melee. I'll need to coordinate with my buddies so they can raise some of their own and we can set a time to run a fight but I'll let you know how that turns out.

They are taking another break, except for one, as we await Genesis. Val was cool but you run out of goals pretty fast and without it being incorporated into the story line, it just starts to feel empty. out of the mod maps only Rag constantly keeps me intrigued despite not being part of the lore. Those guys did a real good job on it. i have a feeling Olympus will be the next modded map incorporated into the main game, though Crystal Isle's might be cool, so I hope it has something unique to it.

On the to do list next, besides muting the Theri's, is setting up a spot on SE so I can run the drops over there and take my Theri's out to the desert for Deathworm leveling. I have all the notes to hit over there so it'll make for the easiest leveling besides for Red drops on Extinction.

Until next time.

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Milsurp said:

If uploads are enabled on the cluster, upload them and download them onto your own local game, either server or SP. I play on an unofficial and download cool tames from there to my local Rag server so they're all safe and backed up. 

I've done that before on other servers. But sadly, on this server it is disabled. :(

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, WarpSpasm said:

Myself and Gman are both playing singleplayer, not sure if it's something to do with SP settings or not.

If you try it please let me know if it works, this situation is interesting to me.

didn't see any giga on the island today, but was only there for about 1 1/2hrs, then headed to valguero as I hadn't spent much time on that map.  I had forgotten about my monkey's on extinction and they all died :( so gonna have to try to get some new ones.  Thankfully all the dino's on valguero were good, just needed abit of food and some tlc :) other then that, nothing really exciting happened, didn't see much of anything, other then 2 alpha raptors that my giga on the island ate in 3 bites.  I'll keep my eyes pealed for one though, i want to try to drown one!

• Like 2

breed velanos on my single play world on rag and val. threw out 30 eggs and holy damn i got lucky.

.bright red upper body and stam mut

.cyan belly and health mut

.bright red claws and health mut

. cyan spiked base and melee mut

. cyan armour plating highlights and a health mut

i stacked them up and added a few other mutations, got up to 23 health,  25 stam, 18 melee and 9 weight mutations. these guys are going to be added to my OSD army. so far i have a 10 gigas, 5 owls, 30 dimorphs, 20 pteras, 10 deinos, 15 rexes, 5 manas, and now 20 velanos. everything is bred and fully mutated. also i dont use everyhting in the list on every run. depends on the OSD. also structure resistance changed so it takes a while to damage the sheild i set turn on in the OSD. also does structure resistance count for OSD and element veins. i would assume not as it would make non-official servrs with that changed too op. also i have tamed my first ever spider and bat. who thinks the spider and bat should get a TLC bty. also that server i played on with riley and the others is going  strong, we had some seriouse pvp wars recently. one ending in our base being invaded by high lvl microcraptors and troodons.

• Like 3

Managed to squeeze an hour in last night, spent it doing a loot drop run rather than grinding resources and building. First red drop had an ascendent Tapejara saddle blueprint  (about time), although it's so expensive I think my crafting argy will be slot capped before I can craft it. Luckily in amongst the other drops I got 3 ascendent Tapejara saddles, no need to worry about crafting now, shame I didn't see any Tapejaras while I was flying around. Got a selection of other loot some useful some not so much, did get a BP for an ascendent stone pick with higher damage than my current ramshackle metal pick.

• Like 3

I had to most “Arked” experience ever today and I came out as the survivor!

i found a 180 Rex on the server I play on (Max lvl) in the scorched area between the wyvern scar and Viking bay.

(I joined the server yesterday so it took a little while to make the 200 tranqs lol)

After getting all the titanboas, mantis and spiders away from the area, that I was trying to Aggro it towards, I headed for the Rex. OH poop a micro raptor got me off my pteranodon and the Rex killed me. Alright, spawn back in bed and grab my tribemates pteranodon. My pte wasn’t dead so I placed them both in a safe area and began shooting the Rex, it got stuck and I was able to shoot it until it began to run. It got into a dangerous area, so I had to begin luring all the pest away AGAIN, then suddenly the Rex started walking towards the 3 waterfalls area and I was able to get it down. 

Then i took the pteranodons towards highlands to look for some sheep, when I finally reached the “fertile lands”, I thought i was smart and jump from one of my ptes to the other, so I whistled follow and headed towards a sheep. When I jumped off both my pteranodons were following each other, so they just started spinning towards the sky and I was starting to get very frustrated......

i panicked and started parachuting back towards the Rex but I was killed by a mantis on my way.. 

oh raptor... so the Rex needs mutton, I need my gear and my pteranodons are somewhere near the top of the world... 

alright.. spawn, make ready to tame low lvl pte, make saddle and make sure loot don’t despawn... 

i found a lvl 60 pteranodon and made a saddle from the dead whales. While the pteranodon was taming I hurried back to my loot to make sure it didn’t despawn. I got it but got insta killed by the same mantis. Spawned back to find pte ready and with mutton from taming for the Rex. I rushed with my life to the Rex, it was nearly awake and got the mutton in it, when it was done taming I rushed to my loot and got the Rex to clear the area. Got my loot and Cryod the Rex and headed back to start breeding my male and female Rex pair ?

wheeeeeew....

Edited by ISeeYouLikeDrama
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Small hiatus from posting here.

Solo series is working well as I am almost ready to tackle the manticore on all difficulties. Still need to get my hands on a proper yuty....

As for the ice map, I started to test out with an independant mod to apply my custom weather/engrams and it seems to be working so far. A few things needs to be fixed such as the player UI disapearing, among other things....

In the meantime, I also finalized my concept for snow structures :
- Essentially, you'll need to harvest Ice Chunks and crush them down into Flake Ice.
- Once that is done, you'll need one of the 2 new crafting station, either the primitive or modern press, in order to process a specific amount of Flake Ice into Snow Blocks.
- Snow structures will cost the same resources as stone, but the stone component will be replaced with aformentioned blocks.
- Structures will share the same damage table as wood for balance purposes, but also yield the best insulation values against the cold.

Edited by Darkholis
  • Like 3

Today I hopped on Extinction to feed my velon farm, mate all of them and make some more kibble. Ended up making 10 kibs, and crafting up a couple hundred tranq darts.

Today on valguero I farmed up a few thousand metal bars, crystal and stone with a few hundred obsidian in there too. I started pillaring off a small area near my house in anticipation of transfers, so I'll have a nice little yard to wall off when I get the resources.

• Like 2

EU-PVP-Official-[REDACTED]

Moving north was a struggle, but it's starting to pay dividends. I've got myself a pair of decent argies, Manolo and Dave, and a feeble beaver named Troy*. Troy regrettably fell quite hard down a long flight of stairs during a totally routine tame, which explains the piercing, dart-like lacerations to his face.

Despite my newfound mastery over sea and sky I spent much of this evening holed up in a bombed out metal shack making explosives (on an unrelated note, don't the NSA do a wonderful job?). The war machine rolls on.

* Castoroides Troy, like Castor Troy, from the Movie 'Face Off', get it? CASTOR-oides Troy! Do you get it?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, chris282 said:

EU-PVP-Official-[REDACTED]

Moving north was a struggle, but it's starting to pay dividends. I've got myself a pair of decent argies, Manolo and Dave, and a feeble beaver named Troy*. Troy regrettably fell quite hard down a long flight of stairs during a totally routine tame, which explains the piercing, dart-like lacerations to his face.

Despite my newfound mastery over sea and sky I spent much of this evening holed up in a bombed out metal shack making explosives (on an unrelated note, don't the NSA do a wonderful job?). The war machine rolls on.

* Castoroides Troy, like Castor Troy, from the Movie 'Face Off', get it? CASTOR-oides Troy! Do you get it?

Lol, you make me want to try out PVP again. I don't know how you survive. Anytime I get to the level you are at and begin taming the animals you are taming... I not only get raided but completely wiped by some dude with super high level wyvern or managarmr.

Side note, I don't have much free time and I usually spend the free time that I do have on Ark so I usually just read rather than post. I read your reply about the cluster you are on Aushegun and would loved to have found another cluster to find with ya but alas I am on Xbox and just found out you are on PS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1