So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Unofficial Cluster - Abberration

My online buddy "Texas" and I headed down to the Radiation zone on around 10 pm.  I told him I need to get to bed at a decent time, as I had to get up at 6 am for work.

Well the server is running the Easter event, so we have been trying to get colored Reapers. last weekend we farmed a decent level queen, that gave us Yellow body, neon green belly and pink accent Reaper Kings babies. We got 3-4 each.  Then during the week my buddy got a cyan and tan one, and last night after 2 full hours of very, very low level Queens, we finally found a good level. We built a trap, and kited her in, and then proceed to both get pregnant withing 2-3 minutes!

We quickly built a birthing room (boosted rates, so pregnancy is under 30 minutes) and mine popped out, and it had the neon green body!  This is the color we have been looking for the entire time. So we continued to try and farm her, but after the first round, she became very glitchy, and would not attack, and kept running away from us in the pen. However 2 hours later, we each had 4 babies from her. I raised one to the juvenile stage, and realized that the belly is yellow, with tan accents, so basically I have my "GB Packer" Reaper King!

On the way out, my buddy got knocked off a cliff by another Queen, and where he landed, another decent queen spawned, so he got pregnant by her on the fly, and when we got back to his base, it was Orange with a Cyan belly!  I wish I would have jumped down there and gotten pregnant too, but by the time I was back at my base, and logged off it was 2:25 am !!!!

My alarm went off at 6:01, and I've got a long day of work.  But I am so jacked about getting the Neon green (we refer to the color as "Toxic Green") Reapers.  I am going to give one to my online buddy Indiana, who always has to go to bed around 8pm, due to his work schedule; so he never gets to go with us. Also, just like last weekend, online buddy California, was down with us; and in a repeat of last time his young foster son (health issues due to drug addict mother) started having problems, so he had to get off immediately.  This has happened twice now, both times while we are trying to get pregnant from a Queen that turned out to be event colored.  So I want to give him a Toxic Reaper baby too.

His Character and Karkinos were left down in the Radiation zone also, as he logged off so quickly. I sure hope they don't get killed, as he was loaded up with back up Tek armor and cryo'd feather lights he tamed while we looked for queens.

After HATING on Abberration since it came out, I am starting to like the map.  I still get lost ALL THE TIME, but I'm kind of addicted to getting knocked up by Reapers.  We plan on going back tonight!

A long 'I told you so' could be in order Sir Aush! XD

I would try to build a stationary trap teleport. You can throw a teleport down in rad, and put one in a safe non-rad zone to get pregnant @AngrySaltire has the screenshots. You teleport said reaper to fertile and safely preg there :) ((((WARNING)))) Do NOT derender the queen when in fertile

• Haha 1

@Aushegun @d1nk

So you have the Reaper holding pen in the Fertile zone with the teleporter underneath the ceilings.

rps20190607_215256.thumb.jpg.cf39438ba72fd36a21a5e6cdccc07f4f.jpg

Then you have the teleporter pitfall trap in desired location (for us its on the purple/red boundary).i have part of the teleporter sticking out the back of the trap so you dont have to get in with the reaper to teleport.

rps20190607_215233.thumb.jpg.22fe3f77af6c86c588e7190126b5bc73.jpg

Kite desired reaper into trap, (I cryo drake at this point). Jump on teleporter pad and teleport to holding pen. MAKE SURE TO HIT RIGHT TELEPORTER. You dont want to send the reaper where its not contained i.e. in the middle of your own bas lol.

rps20190607_215155.thumb.jpg.53864b0f381bdf0f975f1ab27bda0854.jpg

The reaper pops up above the ceilings into the trap as its to big to fit underneath. You will get wedged between the teleporter and ceilings but you should slide out of the trap. You are now free to bring down the reapers health at will, we use megalosaurus for this. Impregnated, pop, rinse and repeat, all in the safety of your own base for as long as you want as long as you keep it in render.

I would say, the bigger the holding pen the better, if she grabs you, the walls do get in the way and will interupt the impregnation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

@Aushegun @d1nk

So you have the Reaper holding pen in the Fertile zone with the teleporter underneath the ceilings.

rps20190607_215256.thumb.jpg.cf39438ba72fd36a21a5e6cdccc07f4f.jpg

Then you have the teleporter pitfall trap in desired location (for us its on the purple/red boundary).i have part of the teleporter sticking out the back of the trap so you dont have to get in with the reaper to teleport.

rps20190607_215233.thumb.jpg.22fe3f77af6c86c588e7190126b5bc73.jpg

Kite desired reaper into trap, (I cryo drake at this point). Jump on teleporter pad and teleport to holding pen. MAKE SURE TO HIT RIGHT TELEPORTER. You dont want to send the reaper where its not contained i.e. in the middle of your own bas lol.

rps20190607_215155.thumb.jpg.53864b0f381bdf0f975f1ab27bda0854.jpg

The reaper pops up above the ceilings into the trap as its to big to fit underneath. You will get wedged between the teleporter and ceilings but you should slide out of the trap. You are now free to bring down the reapers health at will, we use megalosaurus for this. Impregnated, pop, rinse and repeat, all in the safety of your own base for as long as you want as long as you keep it in render.

I would say, the bigger the holding pen the better, if she grabs you, the walls do get in the way and will interupt the impregnation.

My man. Id say its one of your crowning achievements on our cluster. That reaper trap is awesome. Works flawlessly too.

Official Valguero, PvP (then PvE), all by myself

I got to the point where I was ready to tame larger dinos.  However, this will be an all-day affair without at least Regular Kibble.  I have a female stego, but this also requires crops which requires crop plots which I am not very sure how long they would last in a PvP environment.  There is no way to protect the crops form pillaging or just vandalism.  Greenhouse walls are breakable by just about anything and putting crops inside of anything else just does not work.

This was the bit that finally convinced me to go to PvE.  I created a new survivor (since survivors are not allowed to travel from PvP to PVE or vice-versa on offical servers) on a PvE offical Valguero server.  I decided to stick with Valguero since I have become familar with several locations and it is more interesting to me than The Island.  My initial spawn point was right next to a huge brightly-lit castle that covered most of the Small Islands with dragons and elementals sitting around everywhere.  I expected the alarms to start going off and dinos to swarm me, but everything was passive and calm.  I swam away as my heart rate went back to normal and I decided that I would need a while to readjust to a non-PvP atmosphere.

I built a raft and started a superstructure, but I may wait to complete it until I can do it in stone.  All the fancy buildings in PvE make me hesitant to build a mere square wooden box.  The neighbors will laugh at me.

There are pillars all over the area where I am at.  I am not trying to build any kind of permanent structure until I get enough levels to build with stone.  I am just building lots of foundations (first thatch, then wood) and throwing them away for the leveling exp.  I made it to 23 last night and will probably make it to stone tonight.  With all of the pillars around, my first "permanent" location will probably be a raft.  I have built large (5x7 with superstructure) rafts before, but not with the intent to live aboard them.  I have seen some good designs with dino traps built-in.  After I make a decent raft, I will start wandering around looking for a good place for a base that is not covered in pillars (or covered in Allosaur packs).

• Like 5

@AngrySaltire @d1nk

Great info guys. We might try this, but first we will have to grind out some teleporters. On this cluster, it costs 25,000 Hard Element per Teleporter.  So they are not cheap, and very few people have them.  The admins have a public one next to each OB however.

(we have been hunting reapers on our own reapers. But our trap is much smaller, and maybe that is the issue. If we go tonight (if I'm still awake ) WE will try the larger pen, and I'll bring a meglo with.

• Like 2

Still pottering around the Island base snd setting it up. With the Rag server on its last legs and the Valguero server looking a bit dodgey atm I am tempted to make it my main base of operation for the time being. Maybe work on some boss teams of various makes ups, maybe even think about solo dragon fighting.

Overall I am pleased with how the Main Island base overhaul has come along. 

rps20190906_220149.thumb.jpg.5738442a21103fcc788370fcaa2f8c4c.jpg

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 6

Almost done with Scorched Earth (2 weeks into it => official ratings, except for breeding).
- Got half a dozen 175+ wyverns.
- Bred 10 boss rexes.
- Got all artifacts.
- Looted a 60 armor rex saddle BP, which is more than enough for the alpha manticore.
- Tamed 2 Phoenix for fun. (120 & 135)
- Tamed a 130 rock golem for the sake of it...

I decided to challenge myself more for Aberration & Extinction.
Will start at level 1 and enjoy the early game survival. I'll only transfer my "ascended" character once ready for the map boss.

-----------------------------------------

I'll resume work on the test map during this weekend.
Might record videos of all boss fights including the tek cave/overseer, done solo legit for those interested into it.

• Like 4

spent most the day on extinction, did two element veins and one yellow drop, got 156 element total.

we now have 2 giga's cloning and a griffon there, looking forward to seeing them done.

it wasn't a exciting day, had some laughs, and one tribe mate now knows what to do for the element veins, hopefully we can take him to do a OSD next time and show him the easy way to complete them.

Need to visit my servers this weekend ... think i'll do that tomorrow.

• Like 3

today we did the alpha tek cave, along with 18 other people, and it went well, only one person died and that was due to a disconnect in the lava portion of the tek cave,  I thought i was a goner for sure, i got pushed off the edge to the lava, luckly there was a way out as it was right at the last part before you get to the teleporter.

we tried to find some OSDs/veins on Extinction but some guy on a mana was flying around to all of them and just activating them and letting them get destroyed, we gave up after a hour of trying, but i did manage to get one blue one that got use more poly, cementing paste and a few cryopods.

went to the island and tossed down a dino leash and let free 5 monkey babies, 3 males, and two females, activated the dinoleash and set them all to wander, I figure they will be pretty safe sense they are on herbi island.  I'm curious to what will happen to a unclaimed baby when it turns to a adult, will it still be claimable? will it turn wild? I guess i'll find out once these 5 are done growing and produce a baby or two :)

we got pillar blocked on extinction but were able to put up dino gates around the small area we had already marked off with a few small pillars just to keep people from stopping us from working on our house.  so we can leave a few dino's inside the gated area while we are there and not be too worried.

One of the giga are done cloning, and the griffon clone is done, one more giga clone coming and then those are done, we might clone a reaper next,  I have a 207 that hasn't been leveled that has pretty good stats. we'll see what we do next with it.

i finished off with tucking some scorpions away in cryo that i had tamed on SE, may take them over to extinction so we have a couple egg layers to make some kibble from,  only things I really want to tame there are owls & gacha, but my other tribemates might want to tame something there like a mana or bear, who knows, each their own :)

• Like 2

On 9/6/2019 at 2:06 PM, AngrySaltire said:

Still pottering around the Island base snd setting it up. With the Rag server on its last legs and the Valguero server looking a bit dodgey atm I am tempted to make it my main base of operation for the time being. Maybe work on some boss teams of various makes ups, maybe even think about solo dragon fighting.

Overall I am pleased with how the Main Island base overhaul has come along. 

rps20190906_220149.thumb.jpg.5738442a21103fcc788370fcaa2f8c4c.jpg

Really like the renovations man :) Shame I couldn't come see it before. 

It's been a real good run everyone. Over 3 years posting here, various timelines and servers and I must say, this life thread gave me the juice I needed to continue ARKing. That time has come to an end. Circumstances change in real life and there's no feasible time for my game time. Ill still be slumming around here so keep posting :)

Special shout out to my tribemate @AngrySaltire for keeping it awesome. @Aushegun shame you never got an Xbox ;)@Anarki Thanks for getting this thread going and thanks to @Cymas for inspiring me all that time ago with his original stories. Been a good run! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, d1nk said:

It's been a real good run everyone. Over 3 years posting here, various timelines and servers and I must say, this life thread gave me the juice I needed to continue ARKing. That time has come to an end. Circumstances change in real life and there's no feasible time for my game time. Ill still be slumming around here so keep posting :)

Special shout out to my tribemate @AngrySaltire for keeping it awesome. @Aushegun shame you never got an Xbox ;)@Anarki Thanks for getting this thread going and thanks to @Cymas for inspiring me all that time ago with his original stories. Been a good run! 

My man, its been an honour and a privilege playing with you. Its not going to be the same with out you and you will be missed. This game has helped me through various low points in my life since I started playing early EA and playing with you this past year has helped me no end ( aswell as making the game that extra bit special), especially with the low points in particular last year and the beginning of this year. 

Anyway good luck with the future, I hope its along and happy one with lots of adventures and happiness.

Your friend the otherside of the Atlantic.

• Thanks 1

Well, after playing on extinction for a while in the desert biome, I have accumulated 9 velons for kibble, a doed and a ptera. My anky and stego drowned. No big deal, though. I berry tamed both of them around level 20. Low level stegos and doeds are fine, but low level anky is like a stone pick in slow motion(barely, but still joking). The vast majority of my kibble was lost due to personal incompetence as I threw most of it on a low level ptera and got bored and ram around for a bit too long. After the ptera, I wanted to go get some cryoballs because convenience and learned something. Extinction supply drops are not like the island and the(at least red) obelisk has no platform and the city terminal doesn't allow cryoball crafting, so I don't even know how to progress with any semblance of reason or practicality. It appears I'm going to have to leave my super ugly base and oddly overbuilt kitty head overlake greenhouse behind. I think I'm going to move to Val. I saw it for the first time yesterday and it is just a stunning map. Very gorgeous. If I can manage to get a beehive, kibble will be a non-issue there and I won't be limited to the smaller dinos. Life has been rough without my 260 rex haha. This 240 velon is a decent enough mount for now. The goal is to kibble tame a few 150 spinos because they're great ground mounts imo. Haven't decided which Val PvE server to join, but I'll figure that out tonight. I'll probably just make a new character and transfer a few tames and items to get started. The Ext base is in a great spot for taming extra velons, anyway, so I think I'll leave it up over there along with the character for convenience reasons. Hate to start over for the 5th time, but hopefully this one will be a bit more viable as a permanent location in addition to being a bit easier to start out on. Deino farm is a lot harder to get started than yuties(prime meat taming low level yuties vs raising deinos), but at least I'll have eggs within reach in the process of raising these otherwise uninteresting clingwraptors.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, d1nk said:

@d1nk   Ah man, that sucks, but hopefully great things will come out of this for you. Take care of you!

On 9/8/2019 at 3:49 AM, d1nk said:

Im glad I got back on here just in time to say goodbye @d1nk I cant believe you are stopping but I understand why. Its been great sharing stories and views but I hope your next venture can be as fun as we have had together. Don't be a stranger, and pop back once in a while to tell us how you are doing :)

Finally resolved my ARK crashing issue... faulty RAM module, another 32gb on order :) Ill be back, not as regular as before as the break has shown me that there are other things I wanted to play but nothing despawned and I am yet to get my Pteras to where I want so Ill plod on with that.

Hope everyone is good :)

• Like 3

I have been fixing our Ext base as our crafting space has gotten to small and was lacking a cooker so i fixed that up and started to convert the base to metal as i will work up to building in tek in a few months or  so , we also acquired green, red and cyan mana babies as the person did not want them so started raising them, then we did an alpha dragon boss with a person that needed players, at least we have the engrams now as I have seen dragon bosses go horribly wrong before but we only lost one ridden dino.

Today we will be grinding for metal to build transmitters for two of our servers and raise some more babies.....

• Like 4

Haven't gotten on much recently (life stuff) but I have worked on gathering resources in my limited time slots. The castle base will go 5 walls tall, good job I sunk the foundations, so a hatchframe ceiling 4 walls high with lightpets on top is the plan. I will need to get more lightpets as the ceiling goes up, it will be nice having them not take up floor space. Also need to finish the floor, about 20 adobe foundations should do it. Carrying sand and sap from Chalk Hills to the chem bench in the castle is quite time consuming so I am thinking about expanding the beach starter base and setting up a chem bench there, I should have done this to begin with but in my eagerness to explore the map I left the base half built as soon as I got a flyer.

After my lucky adventure in the wyvern trench I figured I will need milk when I hatch the eggs so I went back over and built a wyvern trap, it was quite a peaceful process as none had respawned yet. I started building a little base there, just big enough for an argy and basic crafting stations along with an indy grill to cook the wyvern meat. Hopefully the wyverns will start respawning soon.

• Like 2

Singleplayer Valguero. 50x tame speed 2x resources and 8x XP since I only have so much time. Been taming Rexes left and right to try to get a good breeding pool started for colors and stats, got an Event one over the summer and he stands proudly at the head of the pack with his 'murica hat upon his head. Been hunting Gigas but I think my save may be bugged as none after the first 2 I saw after starting the map seem to have spawned. Can't seem to get good level Wyvern eggs despite the existence of high level Wyverns within the trench, have sacrificed a lot of Pteranodons for ultimately garbage eggs. Will keep trying though.

Just now, WarpSpasm said:

I drowned the first 2 I saw (low levels) and none have respawned yet, singleplayer Valguero on xbox.

Yeah I drowned one and the other presumably despawned since I never saw it again. Ran a destroywilddinos command to reset all the wild creature spawns and still nothing. I'm on PC btw so I guess this is a broader issue with the game itself and not a fluke of my world save. Prob has something to do with other spawns also being broken (Wyverns, Large Deep Sea Creatures). After I wiped all the wild animals new Wyverns spawned in the trenches but before I did that the trench had been mysteriously devoid of Wyverns for a good minute.

2 minutes ago, GmanPlaysGames said:

After I wiped all the wild animals new Wyverns spawned in the trenches but before I did that the trench had been mysteriously devoid of Wyverns for a good minute.

The wyverns in my trench have flown out of render and poofed out of existence, I have played for about 5 hours since the trench emptied. I think a dino wipe might be in order but i currently have a 145 rock golem in my allo trap and don't have the means to tame it yet. Think I may need to re-prioritise my chores over my next few sessions.

I haven't gone into the water yet so no idea what I have down there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WarpSpasm said:

The wyverns in my trench have flown out of render and poofed out of existence, I have played for about 5 hours since the trench emptied. I think a dino wipe might be in order but i currently have a 145 rock golem in my allo trap and don't have the means to tame it yet. Think I may need to re-prioritise my chores over my next few sessions.

I haven't gone into the water yet so no idea what I have down there.

on our island official server, we have a alpha carno, and another dino thats been wandering around at the bottom of the ocean for about a week now, I assumed wild dino's couldn't be drown unless they were torpo'ed

6 hours ago, WarpSpasm said:

I kited the gigas into the ocean with an argy and when they stopped moving i landed and dived in and harvested the corpses, they died close to shore.

Not sure how it works just glad that it did.

interesting, wonder why those two are still alive on our island map :/  its up in the nw corner 16/22 I believe that they have been swimming around at the bottom of the ocean.  good to know on  giga though, glad they drown, that's a lot easier then trying to kite them away from a base so you can kill them.