So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Made it on to Valguero for a bit tonight for a couple of hours.  Just long enough to build our new bp library. Thankfully there was alot of prebuilt structures ready to go. Built it ontop of our crafting area. I do love these little PvE decorative builds, adds so much more character to a build. Installed the book cases and added some decorative peices such as chairs, tables and taxidermy bases.

Did a quick metal run on the roo before logging off. I definitely need to do a crystal run and start building a green house, maybe thatll be the next build.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Rattasaur said:

PC - Single player

My impatience ( and a Steam/Valve flub) has doomed me.

Loaded up ARK for a bit of Single player building fun. Did not notice the text in the lower right hand corner "Loading 16 mods......"

Hopped on my single player game.

Apparently the Structures Plus mod is no longer loaded (hasnʻt finished re-loading) on my game.

So everything Iʻve built with Structures Plus (the real S+ not that watered down kiddie light Sponsored mod version) is no more.

UGH... I can replace most of the buildings/structures with Creative mode and regular items but i loved the nifty perks S+ items gave. 

Gonna leave my ark on while I sleep hopefully it will finish downloading mods by morning.

I ran into the same issue not too long after installing S+ for the first time. It's a bummer. In my case I was able to remove the S+ folder, let it re-download, rename an older save, then let it install, and start playing again. I lost time, but not as much as if I started over. So, live and learn.

I also had the Steam problem last night with endlessly loading mods. I tried again this morning, and it looks like they actually installed and should be happy again. I'll find out when I get to play a bit later. Anyway, hope you got things sorted out.

i logged on yesterday afternoon over at rileys to find our base all gone and we were dead, turns out swarm was not happy with me, turns out he alseeo tried to raid hornet as well, so anyway we respawn and run bvack to our base, i find blue knocked out asleep, he mustn't have been here too long ago, we wajke her up with stims and look around, he left me my 4 good pteras long with the one i plan on using for the time being, he killed all of hornets tames accept for his cool stego he tamed when we were building the other day, he riley was online aswell in the room across from me, he came to our base and tribed up with us, we decided it was war with swarm, we moved what we had left onto u huge raft build hornet had made after o logged off, he even had a ballistic turret on each corner. we moved to the chalk cliffs and made our way up to the base location, if not for rileys trike we would be dead from deinos. we made it too the new location and guess who had gotten there, swarm had spammed the place with pillars (wooden), we spent at around 1 and a half braking the pillars, we established a base and surrounded ourselves in spiked walls, i set the pteras to breed while i take my dud ptera to go get deino eggs, 180 straight off the batch, next was 168, 174, 162, 180, 156, 174, 180 etc etc etc. after an hour of just killing the low lvls and harming the eggs i had so many that even i was weighed down, i hatched the eggs and saved the good ones, all of them were 180s so that is good, i left the rest to act as spares for other uses, i raised them up and then bred out the good stats and got my self a pair of twins that will breed for mutations, i bred hatched three eggs from them and gave riley and hornet one each. we went out to test them and guess who wee find trying to find eggs, swarm, he was on a parasaur trying to fight some deinos, we stood and watched as his parasaur was killed, we finished off the deinos and surrounded swarm, i tranqed him and we dragged him back to bases, we made a cluster of cages so he cant get out by glitching, and since food and water drain suuuuuuuper slow on the cluster he will be there for days, we logged off with the pteras on aggro near the cages, if he does try to escape he wont get far.

• Like 2

Last night when I got home, I was finally able to sign into my SP game. I put up some four story glass walls on the new base, then Mortley and I went looking in the spot that @Aushegun (Thanks!) mentioned for chitin. There were a couple raptor-daptor scares, but we came back from there with fifteen-hundred-ish in a relatively short period of time.

When we got back, there were four honeys in the hive, so I made up two cakes and went looking for another snail. There was a level fifteen on the border of the wasteland near base, so it tamed up without a hitch, and Mega the snail joined the crew.

After that, I added more metal to the forges, and decided I'd see about introducing Mortley to a lady owl. So after grabbing some kibble, we were on our way. As we were about to cross into the snow dome, I saw a giga that looked to be all white. On closer inspection, and in slightly different lighting, it turned out to be the regular color, but now I want a snow giga! Anyway, when I tamed Mortely, I only had to wipe out the owls once before he spawned. No such luck this time, and my photo is now up on the Owl Post Office wall, wanted for owl genocide. We'll have to try again some other time.

Edited to add: Woot! I has cloth armor now!

Edited by Chudz66
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chudz66 said:

Last night when I got home, I was finally able to sign into my SP game. I put up some four story glass walls on the new base, then Mortley and I went looking in the spot that @Aushegun (Thanks!) mentioned for chitin. There were a couple raptor-daptor scares, but we came back from there with fifteen-hundred-ish in a relatively short period of time.

When we got back, there were four honeys in the hive, so I made up two cakes and went looking for another snail. There was a level fifteen on the border of the wasteland near base, so it tamed up without a hitch, and Mega the snail joined the crew.

After that, I added more metal to the forges, and decided I'd see about introducing Mortley to a lady owl. So after grabbing some kibble, we were on our way. As we were about to cross into the snow dome, I saw a giga that looked to be all white. On closer inspection, and in slightly different lighting, it turned out to be the regular color, but now I want a snow giga! Anyway, when I tamed Mortely, I only had to wipe out the owls once before he spawned. No such luck this time, and my photo is now up on the Owl Post Office wall, wanted for owl genocide. We'll have to try again some other time.

Edited to add: Woot! I has cloth armor now!

Glad you found some chitin!

I too am guilty of mass culling of inferior owls in the snow biome.  And then when a high level finally spawns, it picks a fight with 5 mammoths, 12 wolves and a mana. All I can do is watch, because everytime I try to get in the battle to save the owl, the stupid owl seems to swoop in just as I am attacking a bad dino. The result is always a snow owl death message. The wild ones are sooooo squishy!

Edited by Aushegun
  • Haha 2

Long time reader, first time poster.

I have been experiencing the wonders and frustrations of PvP for a month or two now.  I don't mind getting my house wiped from time to time and I am determined to overcome and prove myself better than griefers.  In any case, on to my current story:

I few weeks ago, I contracted swamp fever from a griefer that passed it to me before he killed my sleeping body in the remains of my metal house that he (or maybe she) had cracked with C4.  At first I panicked, "Oh, no!  Swamp Fever!  I'm gonna die!".  Then reality set in, "Wait.  I die almost every day.  No big deal."  Unfortunately, dying does not cure swamp fever.  I debated making a swamp expedition to get leech blood so that I could make the cure, but I really do not have the level of dino tech at the moment to survive long enough in the swamp.

I had contracted swamp fever before and cured it by travelling to another world (also on The Island) and back again.  It was a stressful trip since I did not know how to take any items with me and I had to build up enough to survive the trip in the other world.  The method that I used was to build a raft and sail to the red obelisk, which was not too bad on The Island.

This time, I had a "better" idea.  Not only would I travel to another world to cure my swamp fever, I would also pick up some engrams that I could not get on The Island by travelling to Valguero and back.  I was specifically looking for the cliff platform although I had not yet discovered that it takes fungal wood that I cannot get back on The Island.  I had done absolutely no research on Valguero other than watching a couple of YouTube videos of the Dienonychus ripping up a few survivors.   A journey of discovery awaited me!

I chose the islands in the center of the lake on Valguero which I found out later were in fact the safest place to start.  After a few close encounters with sharks and jellyfish, I managed to find a shallow area that reached about halfway to the main shore from the islands and I reached the shore.  The big rocks formed in the distinctive Ark "A" called to me and I wandered in that direction.  The green obelisk seemed closer to me, so I went through the "A" arch to the next lake.  Cave Bears seemed a bit extreme to me so I built a raft fo rsafer voyaging.  Fortunately, redwoods let you stand in one spot and get enough wood to build a raft.  Back on The Island, I usually built a storage chest to hold everything since I did not boost my weight capacity too much.  I followed the lake back into the White Cliffs area.  The green obelisk was just to the left, but at the top of unscaleable cliffs.  So close and yet so far.  I continued sailing until I saw a path to the top of the cliffs, but there was an alpha Rex guarding it.  Grrrr.   I cailed to the end of the White Cliffs lake and decided to set up a house there long enough to build some good armor and weapons to hike around the cliffs and back to the green obelisk.

It looks all tranquil and idyllic near the White Cliffs with the sheep and rodents and other grazers, but every once in a while a Raptor, a Sabretooth, or a pack of Hyenas rip through and tear up everything including any survivors foolish enough to stand around unprotected.  The trees on the plains under the cliffs hold hardly any wood ot thatch in them.  I went for long excursions to find and bring back wood, returning unmolested about half the time.  I respawned in the general area and eventually could find my way around without a map since I died so many times.  After about 4 game days, I had built two stone foundations, one stone wall, and a bed.  Any storage cabinets got ripped up by the pack of level 90 hyenas that made my body their personal chew toy.  I eventually killed one of them and gave up on the little house on the prairie idea.

My next spawn, I started as near as I could get to the green obelisk and just ran naked the whole way to it dodging obstacles and predators.  As I came up to the obelisk, I could see that someone had walled it off between some cliffs and put a Rex and a Raptor in the pen to guard the obelisk.  Sigh.  Deciding that I had nothing more to lose, I jumped in.  I managed to get the Rex trapped behind a storage box that someone had left in the pen and the Raptor was off on the other side of the pen not noticing me yet.  I had a chance!  I accessed the obelisk's menu and started searching for my Island home world.  I was enjoying the lack of swamp fever, but given the effort required I would almost have wanted to just live with it.  No other worlds appeared on the list.  What?!?!  Is there some restriction to clustering or something?  I had picked a Valguero server that was still "Ofiicial" but not too crowded.  I had assumed that if it let me travel from The Island to Valguero that it would let me travel back.  I was still trying to figure out what i was doing wrong when the Raptor noticed me and everything went dark as usual.  I did not decide where to respawn although I did still have a bed in the little house (two foundations and a wall) on the prarie.  I gave up for the night and I will do some research on travelling between workds.  It does not seem as cut and dried as I had first imagined.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

38 minutes ago, Stretch11 said:

Long time reader, first time poster.

My next spawn, I started as near as I could get to the green obelisk and just ran naked the whole way to it dodging obstacles and predators.  As I came up to the obelisk, I could see that someone had walled it off between some cliffs and put a Rex and a Raptor in the pen to guard the obelisk.  Sigh.  Deciding that I had nothing more to lose, I jumped in.  I managed to get the Rex trapped behind a storage box that someone had left in the pen and the Raptor was off on the other side of the pen not noticing me yet.  I had a chance!  I accessed the obelisk's menu and started searching for my Island home world.  I was enjoying the lack of swamp fever, but given the effort required I would almost have wanted to just live with it.  No other worlds appeared on the list.  What?!?!  Is there some restriction to clustering or something?  I had picked a Valguero server that was still "Ofiicial" but not too crowded.  I had assumed that if it let me travel from The Island to Valguero that it would let me travel back.  I was still trying to figure out what i was doing wrong when the Raptor noticed me and everything went dark as usual.  I did not decide where to respawn although I did still have a bed in the little house (two foundations and a wall) on the prarie.  I gave up for the night and I will do some research on travelling between workds.  It does not seem as cut and dried as I had first imagined.

Welcome to the thread!

I'm pretty sure on official, there are currently limits on transferring out of Valguerro.  I play unofficial, so not 100% sure of this, but I believe that is the issue you are facing.

Moved from my old base on The Island :

AOoQw9g.jpg

To my new base also on The Island :

RMbMd0O.jpg

Even with new structures like triangle and its slopes I still love a BOXY building :D I can use the roof as my flyers parking lot. My format of a base is always the same,  26x26 total floors with 16x16x12 for 2 floors building that's surrounded by 5 foundations extension, and a big yard for big dinoes. 

I use S+ feeding trough, should block wild dino spawn but seems like it's still spawning inside, but not much of a problem unless it's alpha dino. 

At first I wanted to play with no spawning stuffs but It's gonna take weeks if I follow that rule, so I'm skipping the griindy part and just spawned stuffs. Even with that I still spent two days for building it and not yet finished with everything like farming and putting storages and stations inside. And wow, S+ glass structures make a whole lot of difference about the feel inside my structure, it feels awesome I can see the outside even though I'm inside my building. Seriously the devs should consider using S+ fully, but some vanilla stuffs is still good like the ramps and the pillars are harder to snap in S+

My old bases when playing online for comparison, it's always a boxy base surrounded by big yard and access to water. From 2 different playthroughs.

My longest playthru (6 months+) on Ragnarok Isolated pve 32 server.

(Front)

1BdR7SQ.jpg

(Back)

DiBwpsf.jpg

My second longest playthru 3-4 months on Ragnarok pve. Later I modified the front building taking straight line using pillars and foundations from the building to make a perfect line for making perfect square like the back but I lost the screenshots. I spent 2 weeks building it iirc.

VZar2d1.jpg

Edited by DonaldDuck
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

@DonaldDuck the big rock in the background of your old base is where I have mine. Great spot! What made you move?

Because the very first time I played Ark, that's the exact spot where the tribe that invited me had its base. Reminds me of my first playthrough when I was a total noob. 

It is also a good location with a lot of resources around, behind it to the right there's the swamp where trees, rare mushrooms, rare flowers spawn. There are also Sabertooth Salmons and Otters in the pond. I was hesitating to move there at first because it doesn't have access to sea, I like going to the deep of the ocean it feels good and scary, but later I installed a mod called Awesome Teleporter so I can move everywhere easily and that eliminate distance, the pond also has a small deep area I think I can probably teleport some aquatic creatures there to liven up the pond. :D

I finished transferring the dream team over to Extinction.  It took about 6 transfers from the Island, Ab, and Rag to bring over my desired top-stat breeding pairs and imprinted dinos.  Only one of the transfers resulted in a poof incident; although I find it suspicious that transfer included 4 wyverns, dinos I can not recreate through breeding and were primarily included for boss fights.  I would say this incident was a preemptive strike from the Tytans.

With my all-star mantis, bear, roll rat, anky, doedic, and Argy resources come easy.  I set up a simple base almost directly in the middle of the city; upper platform with a terminal.  It has the essentials: bed, smithy, Stone forge, fab, geny, fridge, cryofridge, and a long long line of large storage boxes.  The immediate plan is to hang out here while gathering resources for a metal base and the upper tier crafting structures.  I figure my search for resources will naturally make me familiar with the map and find an ideal main base location; although, after several hours flying the city I’m leaning toward the possibility I am already in a fantastic spot for a base: decent size open area, little pool for water, and access to the highway system that includes a ramp down to a doorway into the wasteland.

I am enjoying my time in Extinction so far - looking forward to spending more time exploring.

Edited by WizardNuuk
Spelling
  • Like 3

SP Extinction

More metal was gathered, and I'm done with the shell of the base. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do inside. I took a break while that was going on to go see if there were any lady owls for Mortley to talk to. Unfortunately, there were a bunch of low level ones, so I tamed up a level 50 for the heck of it. I also saw a 145 argy and tamed it since I didn't have one yet. 

Once I was back at base, I made a nanny and gave her five honey. Afterward, I put some Berry White on while Mortley and Natasha made sweet love. I really need to adjust my maturation speed, because Potbelly the Snow Owl is going to take three weeks to mature. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1830836242

Other than that, I haven't done much. 

Edited by Chudz66
  • Like 1

Unofficial Valguero 

Logging on today I found an ice wyvern egg in my inventory. Nice surprise seeing as I had the invisible wyvern glitch until today, and had picked up an empty package from a wyvern nest to test it yesterday without expecting much. Only a level 95 but enough to be starting with so I got to hatching it. 

It's nearly entirely white lol with some grey areas in the right light. Don't look at it in direct sunlight if you value your eyesight haha

Whilst it was maturing today I spent time building my new house off to the side of the ruined Fort I had been rebuilding as my starting base, and moving stuff from there to the new house. 

Now I can use the courtyard of the Fort below me as Dino storage. I'll grab a screenshot of the building and wyvern next time I'm on. 

• Like 4

Got killed by Dimorphodons three times in a row while on a Rex when getting meat to feed my dinoes, it's like they deliberately wanted to get bitten.. Because of this I forgot to claim 2 argentavis babies that I was hatching. So I end-task the game to reload to previous save, hopefully the babies will still be alive. What a time wasting accident....(reload complete and the eggs are still alive 40 seconds to hatch thank god).

One thing that I hate with Ark is some of the wild dinoes are too OP because they're aiming directly at the rider so tiny dinoes are even more dangerous than a rex and even a giga, because with giga, its size reveals where it is so we stay away and make distance from it to put ourselves out from harm's way automatically, while rex AI is too stupid as a threat but kinda clever for avoiding being lured for taming. But with dimorphodons or raptors or microraptors or thyla on a tree, they target the character when mounted/flying on a flyer. Dimorphodons aren't aggresive but can be lethal because when on Rex we tend to walk while keep biting anything that moves when farming meat, so a passing Dimorphodon might accidentally get bitten or getting stepped on by Rex stomp, then a flock of them coming out from the surrounding killing our character on whatever dino.

It should be easy to defend if wearing armors but one thing leads to another thing, and another thing leads to yet another thing and so on. Ark temperature changes on a whim at random, so it's very tedious to switch to different kinds of armor depending on the temperature, and on top of that, armors have weight, and the durability is too weak, so this is a kind of a chain problem and my character ends up not wearing anything most of the time for travelling light and avoid the tediousness of switching armors everytime the temperature changes. I also hate fixing armors, it's tedious, remove each and every piece of armor, put each in smithy, click repair for each, move each back to inventory, from inventory, put each of them back on. Geez, TOO MUCH MICROMANAGING. 

I'd suggest that armors go back to like before with only 0.5 weight and increased durability to combat all that, take it as a game mechanic, not reflecting real life that heavy armors should be heavy. Or add a backpack slot, so everything in backpack/being worn will have zero weight but limited for what items can be put in there. Conan Exiles has different mechanic for this, armors that are being put on get reduced weight, but will be full weight if put in inventory. Same thing though, can't carry several different armors if needs weight.

Edited by DonaldDuck
  • Like 1

First day of Transfers open on Valgeuro for our cluster! Started off on Center, gathered a few of our tames Saltire didnt get and got over there.

Had to do a run around on a Thyla. Was gone for a good couple hours and found a decent metal spot, set up an outpost that I later moved to a small cave outpost for the Lava / Loot cave.

Did a bunch of breeding and went off to find the Metal cave / Underwater access on my Roo, literally other side of the map. Made it there eventually and a server friend is set up there. We allied and I he opened his forge / transmitter to the public. I went to town. Had an anky on me and spent a good few hours farming there between popping back to base to farm / breed.

Threw some loot cave runs inbetween it all and by the end of the night managed to farm up enough for a Grinder, bought a transmitter from my other sever for 2x the price thanks to an alpha rex & raptor then kept farming to work up to a forge.

Got a gorgeous white mutation for our thyla line, with the white belly makes an all white with black stripes one with all the good stats. 

• Like 1

so i lost internet on the weekend meaning could not update, so here are two updates, went over to riley's, we hung out screwed around like teenage boys do, we prank called a few people and got onto ark, we log on and hornet joins us, my friend springosaurus joined us, he is a real good pvp player, anyway he tamed a bunch of pegos, pavlovas, mircocraptors, basicly anything that pill piss of raiders, i tame some velanos that are hangin close by the white cliffs, (basically on the beach) and breed them up, guess who i find making a pen right where the main deino spawn is, swarm, he plans on hording the deinos for him self, i say screw that, and tear through his pen with my carno friend i tamed, he was building with wood so he aint the sharpest tool in the shed. i said our tribe will be building a community pen once we have the resources to do so, anyway the pen is totally legit way to farm the eggs, i have a step by step instruction  on my discord server, anyway he runs off, i know this was a rude thing to do but i followed him to his base, he was in the redwoods with layers apon layers of spiuke walls covering him, he even had pilaar thing with ceilings covered in spike walls so flying into his base was hard. i returned back and told the tribe what his base was like. i said should we try to raid him, we voted to leave him be, but if he decides to try and raid us we wont hold back, i went jellyfish farming, came back with 1000+ bio toxin, riley had been grindin to lvl and was able to make tranqs, he mass crafted us the shock darts and we decided it was time to get some tamin goin. i went to find some battle mounts. riley wanted to tame some owls and other exticntion creatures to breed and spring just continued to tame pvp related tames. i found a max lvl rex on the cliffs (where i found the but tons of them before, and once again my luck has struck, i was piling on the rexes, after a few hours of killin them off and leaving and all the borin crap i had come with 4 174s and managed to tame 7 180s before i ran out of mutton. i gotta tell riley to lower down spawn rates. i got back and started breedin the ones with best stats, left the other 6 duds for disposal use. while they were breeding up i started cnstrction on the community market, i had all the stuff ready and waiting to be used to build when text on the screen came up saying riley has been killed by swarm. i ask riley what happened, he said he was riding back on his new thyla he tamed when he just randomly died, i figured swarm had head sniped riley, i rush over to see swarm slowly tryin to kill the thyla with a metal pike, i insta kill him with aerodactyle, riley grabs his thyla and we rush back to base, the tribe assembled in the meeting room and we disscussed about swarm, riley and i wanted to raid him, while hornet said no, spring said we should wait to see it he reacts any further, so we continue with our chores, it is bout 8PM for riley and i, as we bout to watch godzilla on his tv i am poison naded and killed, then all my babies die and guess who it was?

swarm, i was real ticked and called everyone into chat, now we are gonna raid him, so we start preperations and ready for war, honesly i though we had over prepped but once wait till u hear bout the raid,

so it was now bout 1AM in morning and i was so beat, but i was worried swarm woud raid us again if we all left, so i was relying on tea and sugar, we were ready and waiting on riley to finish crafting our remaining weapons, we had a small portion or grenades and a layout of weapons. we charged to his base dragging our swarm of tames behind us, we had nothin too strong aside from 2 rexes i had brought, we mounted on the high ground above his base, he had all metal now and turrets along with metal spikes, we guessed he had found a rare structure drop, they were hard to find drops that contained butt tons of loot and supplies for bases, i threw down some nades and blew a small hole in his base, i managed to widen it enough for a gas bag to come in handy. i mount on caterpie and we slowly float in tanking the bullets as we go, he dies just as we get onto the hole, i rsh to his main building and set it with C4, swarm runs out and asks us to stop, i say u should not have killed all my babies, then i blow up his base. i run in and destroy the gen and walk out and give the all clear, riley drops in to be killed by the turrets, he had a second one somewhere, i see swarm respawning, i shoty him and continue lookin, a few mins pass and i am suddenly being attacked by dilos. swarm had whistled them on me, using my pump shoty i blow their brains out then kill him, i found the gen and destroy is, now the turrets arre offline, we drop in the rest of our raid tame sand tear his base to the ground. aftr that riley and i were so tired we passes out while still playing ark, hornet said he and spring heard us snoring into the mics. 

The last 2 days were very productive on my end.

On saturday, I ran the Swamp Cave and Easy Water Cave easily 6+ times with no luck as for new saddles BPs.
However, I did successfully kicked the beta broodmother's rear end with my megatherium crew, despite 2 loses.
Also hatched and raised 36 theriz for my upcoming gamma overseer solo fight.

On Sunday, spent my whole day in the dev kit, working on my ice themed test map. Most of the static meshes are completed. Also figured out how I'll handle undermeshing.
Event-wise, the Blizzard & SuperCold are both finished and tested. Still waiting on a graphist friend for my event icons, but that's a minor detail.

As for my  Frostbite debuff, it took me longer than expected to figure out how to dynamically change your weight/melee/run speed based on cumultative amount. Used the MaxStatsScaler to achieve my goal.

Last part remaining to be done on that debuff is to "freeze" your screen as you stay out in the cold for too long.

Screen freezing => 2098144294_Sanstitre.thumb.jpg.6404d6e5dea5443811374fdfb4a844e6.jpg

Edited by Darkholis
  • Like 2

Got killed by microraptors twice while looking for a Rex with good stats for breeding stock. The other day dimorphodons, now microraptors, and I was wearing Chitin armors, it broke so easily because the rex that I tracked using mod was nearby and also bit me, the second time was killed by a carno but knocked off mount by a microraptor. It has no counter maybe unless I bring an army everywhere I go. I'm thinking about blocking dino spawn that I hate, dimorphodons, microraptors, and raptors.

Microraptor is the number one dino that I hate, it ever took over my raft and clipped inside the cabin on official server, and I only had 2 beds inside the cabin at that time because I just played for maybe 2 days, but I respawned nearby and killed it in the end using a metal pike. It also caused me several accidents.

Edited by DonaldDuck

Finishing touches to my new home next to the Ruined Fort I was living in. Annoying that there are no build zones on the towers as I had planned to rebuild them but had to build off to the side and now use the Fort courtyard as a breeding pen instead. 

IMG-712003ae-f70d-4118-99cc-ab35877880a8
upload pic

And here is my almost entirely white ice wyvern I hatched the other day

IMG-5549eba3-fa0c-45f3-87f3-2dc6f3c73df8
upload pic

• Like 3

As I logged in Sunday Saltire was already on around base. I started up the grinder first thing and got to 80 real fast to make our industrial forge. Tried a few test builds at base, trying for a build where we can popcorn the ingots out but every which way i tried got a few stuck in it. That just wont do!  Out of frustration demolished the wrong ceiling and... bam. Forge destroyed! Luckily Saltire had an extra in the cloud from a previous server so we bent our rules a bit and grabbed it to replace.

No fliers is doing great! Hopped over between loot cave and the metal cave a few times. The game tempts me i swear. Ive been on this cluster for 1.5 years and havent to this day found a nice Argy saddle bp, first drop from the loot cave - a really nice asc argy saddle bp lol. That will go into the coffers at The Center.

Finished up the breeding barn I built - i dont know --how-- but somehow the building got off square...weirdest thing! 

Took some mats over to my real life buddies place and made some blueprints he has aquired here on Val - he lives just behind the loot cave so he hits it a few times a day. Got some pick / hatchets crafted and some ghillie ( @AngrySaltire they are in my thyla) 

Had to abrutly log off - a few friends all the way from Haida Gwaii were in town!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Having some more ideas I'll be working on for the ice map and I'd like opinions about them.

- Custom insulation values per structure tier as seen in SE, so standing in a metal base at -30 will kill you very quickly as it would in reality.
- 50% increase on the spoil timer of all consumables (map-wide, excepted in the Aberration cave system) to reflect the frigid reality of a cold environnement on food.
- Thinking about having crops unable to grow outside in the mid-game/end-game areas due to being too cold.

New ressources
Ice Block :
-
Harvested primarly from ice rocks scattered on mountain peaks and icebergs. (which will also yield very small amounts of crystal)
- Can be used to craft a new tier of structures (more details below).
- Will spoil over time.
- Can be crushed down in pestle to make "Crushed Ice".
- Spoil timer can be stopped by putting it in a fridge.

Crushed Ice :
- Will spoil over time.
- Spoil timer can be stopped by putting it in a fridge.
- Can be used in Preserving Bin/Feeding Through to increase the spoil timer, to be on par with electric fridges.

Ice structures :
- Based on the stone tier for damage tables and durability.
- Will take increased damage from metal tools.
- Will take damage over time if placed outside a snow biome, to reflect thaw effects.
- Will give the best insulation values against the cold.

Creatures (just a few ideas, will have more as I progress)
Ice Basilisk :
- Pretty much the same as the regular Basilisk.
- Short range ice breath that will freeze the victim in place for 5 secs.
- Will require ice wyvern eggs to tame.
- Appropriate colors : white, light blue, gray, etc.

Edited by Darkholis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Darkholis said:

Having some more ideas I'll be working on for the ice map and I wouldn't mind having opinions about them.

- Custom insulation values per structure tier as seen in SE, so standing in a metal base at -30 will kill you very quickly as it would in reality.
- 50% increase on the spoil timer of all consumables (map-wide, excepted in the Aberration cave system) to reflect the frigid reality of a cold environnement on food.
- Thinking about having crops unable to grow outside in the mid-game/end-game areas due to being too cold.

Maybe you can have some areas that grow veggies on the map like Rag does in the highlands?   Like a small "oasis" area, that people cannot build on, but the temp is right for veggie plants to spawn?