So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Poor Lemmy.  He died doing what he loved, fighting alongside a gaming idiot.    (lol, just kidding)

I remember him saying, just before he died, "I love that you don't micromanage me, Chris. Granting me the autonomy to make my own decisions makes me feel valued and empowered as an employee."

That, perhaps, can bring us some small comfort at this sad time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hopped on to check the random 135 moth that got stuck in my base had tamed overnight. 

It had. Went for a flight to look for any high level Deinonychus eggs. Found a 135 on my first try. Then my moth got destroyed as I forgot it wasn't my argy with loads of stamina, ran out and got swamped

RIP Mothra, I literally had you for less than 3 mins ?????

• Sad 2

I just installed S+ mod, and wow I'm super impressed, auto open close door, electricity are ranged based, no more cables everywhere, and the demolish/pick up gun is super useful, even the lamp is auto depending on day or night time, it also has no stand and can be put on wall or ceiling.

I usually hate using mod and prefer vanilla because if I get too dependant on it I would miss it when playing online on official server, but since I'm going to stay Single Player for quite a long time, I'm trying a few mods and I'm converted, I think I can't play without mod now :D , it makes Ark more enjoyable and remove all the inconveniences.

The S+ on official server is too limited compared to this, it's about time to advance and implement all of its features. And some other mods are also very fun to have.

• Like 5

Got a lot of time to play but didnt really do much productive. Started out on Aberration - sorted a few raises and pre-incubated a few drake eggs (one 175 for Saltire incase he wants to raise a disposable drake for Rockwell this weekend).and hatched another 170 to see if I can get higher health on birth. Literal clone of the first 170 egg even though they were gotten days apart! 

Imprinted it up, jumped servers to get my drake saddle for a few guys on the server then went over to Val.

Plugged around base, made a few minor cosmetic changes to our base and made more fridges for  storage. Pretty much logged off shortly after.

5000th post! Wow. Time flies.

• Like 4

Not played for a few days life gets too much. On plus side I have a plan for my next Val play through. Providing Xbox sp issues are fixed soon.

Resources are not respawning in single player have adjusted settings still not coming back. Dino's not respawning so complete areas are cleared out. Have also played with those settings nothing changed after Dino wipe. 

Also hardly any Dino's in ABB zone not worth the effort of playing the map..

Plan is go back to sp island and start ascension all over again on completely new play through. 

Next time I visit Val hopefully problems will be sorted for Xbox. 

Edited by SnowboundGem
  • Like 2

Forgot to record my play from the other night! Started off on Ab quickly to check a few tames then went off to have fun on Val.

First I touched up the base a bit, organized some dinos and made a guard allo pack with some of the extras. I took off on my Roo to find some higher level Roos. Did a few rounds and nothing good. Went out on my Rex and killed a few hundred undedireables and others. After quite an extensive search I found a 145 Female! I had a 135 F already but knocked it out anyways. I was on my Roo and after getting the tame KO'd i got jumped by multiple raptor packs. Fended them off then quickly threw spikes around the roo. Went back to base to grab food and wham! 145 male infront my gates. Knocked it out quickly (love this ascendant crossbow) then threw more spikes around that one. Not taking any chances and without fliers i cant scout the area as well.

They both tamed up without incident. My 135 has the highest weight but the others have good hp, stam and melee. Bred them together right away and kept a female with decent stats just for another baby machine. Logged off for the night while the baby was raising.

• Like 4

So here I am, looking pleased with myself in my shiny new starter base.

d2dsOv6.png

Fun fact, as I was downloading this picture, raiders had blown up the rear wall and were beating me with clubs. Pro gamers will notice my glaring error.

I have now returned to my mountainside retreat to plot revenge with my cats, Faith and Mr Trick.

Additional: Since that picture was taken I've been refining my base design. Currently favouring a 3x3 metal box with internal auto-turrets, which has held off two raids with minimal damage this morning. Faith and Trick are dead. Under siege right now, as it happens, so I should probably get back to that.

Edited by chris282
Additional info.
  • Like 1

Started a new player. Spent two weeks grinding and a week levelling up my argie until it was taking out lvl 150 rexes in a few seconds. Went over to a Valguero server and died and lost it, along with my three best flyers and ascendant gear to a bunch of glitched invisible ice somethings. So now you can't even see what's going to kill you. Love this game.

• Sad 1

Tamed a second queenbee, but then a few minutes later my computer got BSOD and now I cannot load my Ark Savegame, it always crashes, TheIsland.bak and TheIsland_AntiCorruptionBackup.bak, all crash. Luckily I backed up 3 hours ago and I mostly afk during that 3 hours burning my metals and tending to my farm. 

This is the second time corrupted save happened to me. Instead of relying on autosaving alone, the game should let me manual save to different filename for my own backup, that way I wouldn't need to backup the whole savedir, or the active save should back up itself everytime I save. The current saving system isn't reliable even the bak and anticorruption save are also corrupted.

• Sad 1

Was a good productive day. Started on The Center, spent a good while farming mats and sorting all my blueprints after combining all our Rag back onto Center. We have almost 2 bookshelves for each type! (Weapons, Saddles, Armour, Misc) 

Decided I needed to make some backup shotguns, some more chainsaws and some Flak kits for Rockwell. Gathered all the blueprints into the Tek Rep and hopped servers to do a bit of farming.

Logged onto Ab, chainsaw in hand went out killing crabs. Did a huge run and came home with 14k organic poly. Made some extra cement past with the chitin and then went down to biolume for a huge metal run.

Gathered everything into the cloud, transferred back to TC with Saltire waiting. He's 118 now so I figured he could craft the stuff with the added bonus. Made a whack load of stuff including some overpowered Stego bp (212 arm came out 312 arm) Between all this I tamed a few Stegos. 2x 145f and a 150 male.

Puttered around base and then logged for the night

• Like 3

My solo all bosses series is going well. Finally got my first 2 mutations on my theriz line (1M + 1H) and a third on my rex line.
Leveled up another 4 rexes for my upcoming gamma tek cave/overseer crew.

On a side note (Ark Dev Kit), my ice themed ark map concept is coming along very well. Nailed down most of the mechanics required to make your life miserable. Still trying to figure out how to make Jerboas respond to upcoming events...

Hopefully, the small scale map will be out in a few weeks for testing by friends and community members.
Truly want to fine tune all my mechnics before starting on the main map.

• Like 3

Slynn (SP Character) in Slynn City (Extinction)

I'm on call all day today, so figured I'd play some single-player in case I had to quit suddenly. Anyway...

Anka, my anky, and I are motoring through the ruins of the city in search of element dust. Meanwhile, Myrtle, the dark-furred otter draped around my neck, is taking in our surroundings, and occasionally emitting a chirping noise when she wants more fish. But now, she issues a low growl instead. Immediately on alert, I scan the area and see a dull colored ichthyornis circling just ahead and to the right of us. Needless to say, these winged-abominations are on my *Beep* list, one recently having filched a stack of narcotics from me. So I dismount Anka and bring my crossbow to bear. 

Crouched, I make my way slowly through the bushes toward my prey. The bird changes its course a little but hasn't noticed me by the time I'm in range. Raising the weapon, I take aim a little ahead of the target and pull the trigger. Thwack! Myrtle makes a satisfied grunting noise as the dead Ichthyornis arcs toward the ground and lands in a heap. I rise and head for the corpse not wanting the meat and hide go to waste. Halfway back to Anka, something slams into my back, knocking me forward. 

My riot armor chestpiece saves me from any real damage, and I manage to stay on my feet and begin running toward my anky. A quick glance over my shoulder as I'm almost there reveals a gleaming enforcer in close pursuit. I leap into the saddle, commanding Anka to attack. The enforcer attacks before she does, though, one of its sharp limbs scoring her shell. I hold on as she wrenches herself to the left, flinging her tail forward. The spiked ball at the end smashes into the enforcer's head, crumpling the metal and releasing a shower of sparks. As she brings her tail back for another strike, the enforcer takes one stutter step to its left and collapses. A few seconds later, the lights on its body dim and go out.

"That was a close one," I say to no one in particular. Of course, I hop off my mount to salvage what I can from the robot. I'm going to need a lot of materials to craft my ascendant enforcer from the blueprint I found a couple of days ago. 

I eventually discover that doeds are much better at getting dust than ankys are, so I'm able to farm up the 9000 I need in one sitting. The only thing I still need after that is oil, and Mortley (Snow Owl) offers to help. We go on a robot-recycling rampage and obtain what's needed fairly quickly. Luckily, my base is close enough to a City Terminal that I can pull the materials to it, so I craft up my new Enforcer. Sparkz, level 120, joins the team. 

I decide to go kill some corrupted dinos with him to get some nodules and level up. Things are going great, and then I see a corrupted giga noggin in the background of a nearby hill. Retreat!

Sparkz and I decide it's a good time for a break and head directly to base, not passing Go. 

• Like 5

I was Part of the event on the Resurection Servers and it was a blast. The only thing we knew before the event started, was that we should bring a dodo to fight in the arena and the rest of the competition was a secret. 

I grabbed my dodo and jumped on my wyvern so I could start my travel towards the event, my base is on the other side of the map so I turned on auto-pilot (opening the chatbox while flying) and got outside to grab a smoke. Guess what ? 

- I died, because my wyvern was faster than I thought, so i drowned from flying into the map barrier and getting kicked off my wyvern.

My dodo died and I had to use one of my weak ones instead. 

The next couple of events was a horse race, pteranodon grabbing fight, boomerang knockout ffa and longneck death match ffa.

I won the grabbing fight with a guy from another tribe and it was really fun to team up with other players you don’t normally work with, because it’s pvp and we all like to do different things. 

Im really looking forward to the next event @ForGodandTexas

• Like 3

Another ARK filled day! The Center first. Organized a bunch of stuff to go to Ab, bred some Stegos, traded some flak kits to a tribe for a 5.5k hp stego baby and then transferred over to Aberration.

Went on a Trench run with a server mate, we cleared it top to bottom and came back with over 40 eggs. Only 4 of which were 150+ one being 170. Took a short break then I hatched the 170 egg (Im looking for really good HP or Weight for a specific drake) and called my real life buddy to come hatch the 165 egg I had from the run.

Most of the evening was spent hatching, helping my friend get his imprints up for Rockwell / Reaper hunting. After he had a drake, spino imprinted we went down to the Red/Purple zone to kill some Reapers so a high level can spawn. We got into Rad and onto our first Queen when "HELP!" My buddy was flung off the cliff into the Element river. He managed to get his spino on a ledge so he was safe. I delt with the Queen then flew down there with my tek suit,cryo'd his spino and we went back up. 

Made it down more to a Plant Z where we healed his spino up. Went further in to find more. The second queen we encountered, maybe 5 seconds into it 'Your tribemate Fudge has been killed' His tek gloves broke and he died to radiation lol. I saved his loot, spino and got it all back to base. 

We decided to get him some Tek blueprints so this doesnt happen again..over to Extinction! 

I had the mats for a Titan. We ran through the cave, spawned the Titan and were on our way. I decided to use my Tek suit this time...big mistake. I got dismounted by the flock and my tek chest held me in the air...to be shocked by lightning, twice. We killed the titan, didnt get much loot but my friend was happy with a Tek chest bp, logged off after throwing 300 element's worth of dust into the Cloud for Aberration.

Our Rockwell plans were snuffed out today due to a server mate's real life plans so I figure Saltire and I will hunt for a high level queen.

• Like 4

On 7/27/2019 at 2:45 PM, SnowboundGem said:

Tamed a bronto and I don't have a reason why.. but I did it.. 

3 X rex tames 2 X allo tames, 2 Tek paras not sure why either. I think I went a little nuts.. 2 X jerboa..

And then I spent hours grinding for building mats and saddle mats.

Went out looking for a unicorn. No unicorn.. am very sad. ?

On valguero? The green fields at the north end of the lake. Confirmed unicorn spawn, I got mine there and this last week, the Neebs Gaming crew got one on Youtube lol. (And then they put it on a t-shirt lolol).

Edited by Milsurp
  • Like 4

Had fun last night on Aberration, we were supposed to do Rockwell but it was postponed. Instead me d1nk and friend went on the hunt for a high level queen in the red zone. We trialled out using tek turrets to target queens below a certain level to help us force a high level spawn, and it worked a treat. We spent a few hours continually kiting queens to the turrret tower and murdering them using our drakes and the turrets. My excitement was when I disconneted next to the turret tower and logged back into dying to radiation, apparently a queen broke my tek helmet in the time it took me log back in. Thankfully d1nks quick thinking saved my skin and he equipped me with a fresh hazard suit.

We settled on a 130 queen (the rng was not being kind to us), and kited that one back to the teleporter trap and teleported it back to our reaper holding pen at our breeding base. I hung about long enough to grab myself two kings and cryoed up the juvys to raise another night. We had a bit of a scare when the server crashed and rolled back 5 minutes so we kinda thought the queen would despawn. Thankfully it just seem to glitch below the trap, but I hear that d1nk managed to lure it back out of the ground and into the trap again when I had logged off.

• Like 3

My borg cube base finally fell to raiders, although it killed two guys in the process - one of them was killed twice which is pleasing.

Since they only killed me once I'm calling that 3-1 to me.

Raiders are a fact of life here in the lawless wastelands of EU-PVP-Official-[REDACTED], so my primary goals right now are:

1. Streamline rebuilding process.
  2. Adapt base design to incorporate lessons learned from the latest attack.
  3. Begin campaign of merciless bloody vengeance.

Irritatingly, I'm in the process of moving house, so bloody vengeance may have to wait. Offline for the next couple of weeks. ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Milsurp said:

On valguero? The green fields at the north end of the lake. Confirmed unicorn spawn, I got mine there and this last week, the Neebs Gaming crew got one on Youtube lol. (And then they put it on a t-shirt lolol).

Should have said I needed a male unicorn I had already got a female there day one of the map dropping. My hubby is trying to get me the t shirt for my birthday next week lol. ?

10 hours ago, Milsurp said:

and then Apprso & Neebs nearly got it killed almost  instantly.  Those guys are a riot.

• Like 2

Trying to play ark sat resulted in countless deaths due to lack of concentration.

I drowned twice not paying attention to oxygen. I fell to my death off my argy mid flight due to sausage fingers I caught the Y button. Plus so many more that are just stupid. 

Yesterday was ark free. I visited my brother in Garstang and rotavated half his garden while him and my hubby followed behind packing down soil putting down sand and laying paving for a patio.

I cut down a small tree, replaced 4 fence panels and moved half his plants into new planters. All of this and entertaining a 6 year old girl who never stops talking. ?. Kudos to all parents out there who can manage this without going a little insane.

Patio down and as they were laying the last flag it started raining followed closely by thunder and lightening. Time to drive home.

Got home sunburnt and covered in grass, mud and eyes streaming due to hayfever. Took antihystamines, cleaned up got changed.

Logged into ark. Trecked out for a thyla hunt. Couldn't find one so decided to go into redwoods on back of my allo pack for meat run. Killed everything to encourage new spawns. Except not much seems to be respawning. Trecked home no thyla.

Still in ark, just felt the need to clarify, I  got home built a barn made a load of stuff ready for later this evening.  Died again. I accidentally ate poly trying to drop it I pressed the wrong trigger button. ?

Wonder what tonight will bring.

• Like 3