So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

so now i have posted what happened yesterday i shall post what i did today. so i decided to make a separate base from the others, it will be suited to my liking, i am still tribbed and will play with the others a lot but i want to make my own base and not have to cater to others needs. i have a image of the base on singal player. it will be built in the white cliffs. so i plan on making sort of like a town.  i have found a wonderful area that is flat and not where deinos spawn. so i grind up the structures and get down to building the bases, the plan it to have a forge building, a building with the smithy fab, industrial forge, chem bench and grinder in, a building for the cooker and grill, it will be next to the green house and ovis farm. i will have a farm for snails, ovis, beetles, gahcas and other passive producing utility creatures. i will also have a home building with beds and some storage in. this will be my main home where i will sleep and all that. i took alot of inspiration from how to train your dragon in terms of dino storage and some buildings. i have built small houses on pillar stilts to make it look viking like. i made a small docking bay down below on the beach near by for rafts and other sea crafts to port. i have set up balista turrets and other defenses for aesthetic looks. i have built multiple taming pens to allow for mass breeding. i build a farm barn to store farm like creatures, i have a silo for looks. all up i love my base. the server is pvp but we have a rule stating if the base owners say to to raiding their base u cant do anything to it. i built stuff out of thatch through to stone and glass house. i dont intend on moving to metal. however i will eventually make another base somewhere else. my base is considered the community center as it is easy to find and get to. i have signs and other things leading the way. i tamed some nice colored allos along with farming a few deino eggs. i hatched them and bred them up for the stats. i intend on breeding every singal tame to get a nice little museum goin, i got the idea from syntac, but i have a few other plans. i plan to make a park where players can come see iconic wild creatures roam in pens. i already have some deinos penned up and ready to be shown off. i found some cool rexes to tame up, i now have 5 rexes to breed stats from. today has got to be the most quietest day i have had on a server in a long time, makes me miss the good old days of ark, where people were friendly and the games was not highly toxic. anyway i will be goin to scorched tomorrow to get some thylas, then i am goin to ext for drops and element veins.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

"May have been" indicates this was entirely true. Glad I can turn that off in sp on Xbox. I think your running out of Oz names now.  Unless you decide to revive the names. 

Paint everyone orange and green and name them after the... orange and green small people.. shoot I forgot what they are called.

That or time to find new inspiration. 

I sometimes struggle for names.. it becomes very obvious because I start with the swear words. Or just plain numbering them. 

You've been getting the edited highlights, but since the founding of the Yellow Brick Road Gang the body count looks like this:

• Dorothy - Dilo
  • Scarecrow - Dilo
  • Tin Man - Dilo
  • Snoop Lion - Dilo
  • Aunt Em 1 & 2 - Dilos
  • Uncle Henry 1 & 2 - Dilos
  • Betsy - Dilo
  • Ojo - Dilo
  • Hank 1 & 2 - Parasaurs
  • Billina - Microraptor
  • Princess Ozma - Raptor
  • Oz - Argent
  • Glinda - Argent

The Yellow Brick Road Gang have been relying on the Wikipedia List of Oz Characters for a while.

Scarecrow is MIA, but apparently not dead. I thought Ojo was dead, but he showed up again this morning.

PS. Munchkins.

• Like 1

PS4 - Unofficial  Cluster - PvE

A few days ago I posted about how I saw some guy steal eggs from my breeding owls, while I was in my base grabbing more saddles. So I didn't catch the player ID. But then later that same day, I see who it it is, when he does it again. I call him out in chat, and get  no reply. Typical coward thief, d-bag scum.

The next day, I see owls with very similar colors to mine popping up on another map in the cluster.

So last night, I am building a huge new barn to hold all my breeding owls, to prevent future thefts. Suddenly my Parasaur "Facebook" (because facebook watches everything you do) notifies me of an intruder. I look out in the yard, and I see someone on a Owl. I run over , grab on of my owls, and the owl is gone. But the Parasaur shows new red rings just below my base (built on a land bridge)  I fly underneath, and the guy is just hovering there. obviously hiding.  So I confront him in chat, "back trying to steal more eggs?"  and the scumbag actually replies " yeah, its kinda what I do"

He then flies up and lands in the middle of my base, and starts running around checking for eggs to steal, all the while I'm standing right there, telling him to leave. (finding none, he gets back on his owl. (which happens to be an exact match to the colors and patterns I was breeding up the first day I discovered him. He proceeded to fly up and just hover right in my face, clearly flaunting that he had one of my owls.  (by the way it is a yellow face & body with red shoulders and red stripes- I nicknamed them the McDOnalds line)

Needless to say, it sucks that I had to build a huge barn, just because this d-bag goes around stealing peoples eggs.

Now, I can understand, if I was offline, and had left my owls on mating.  But no, I was breeding, run into my base building to craft /grab some more saddles while they are breeding, and he is swooping in and stealing the eggs.

Oh well, I'm done ranting. I just am amazed at how scummy people can be online and in real life.

Besides building the big barn, and starting the slow process of moving the breeders (about 95 currently) I also managed to get a couple CYAN babies that have all the zones, combined except the wing/thin stripe zone.  I don't have a cyan mutation in that zone, so there's not much more I can do with this line until I get one.

I also managed to get the color combo I wanted as a gift to a person on the cluster, who let me breed to her owls. She had about a dozen different owls each with a color mutation zone. She said her favorite colors were yellow, purple and pink.  Having no purple to work with, I decided to make a Pink body Owl, with yellow stripes and a yellow chest.

It turned out great, and really looks good.  So I gave that to her last night along with a painted ASC owl saddle.

At this point, I decided I wanted to give Valguerro another shot, as the server settings had been fixed.

I log in, and my character is dead, thanks to a level 82 Pego, that jumped up into my thatch mini base. It also killed my only tame a parasaur.

But in preparation of logging in to Val, I had uploaded an owl and enough supplies to make a small outpost base on the map.  I decide on the center of the map, up high near the water.

I start building the base, and jump on the owl to place the ceiling tiles, when I get disconnected.  I try to log in repeatedly for the next hour, but the server's only 10 slots are full.

I managed to get up early before work this morning, and log on, I finished the base, put the Owl and my glow pug inside for safe keeping, and put down a bed and trough, and log out. 

I have only seen the area in the Green Ob to 50/50 portion of the map, but it is beautiful.

• Like 4

This past 5 days I've not been on the cluster server we played on for a month. I had valguero weekend off for helping brother in law get started. Helping my husband out with the garden again. A job that never seems to end.

Since then i have been hugely busy with work & had a massive problem with my email address being compromised. Closing accounts, changing to new email, all the verifications.

Logged into Val so this morning to find husband had built a greenhouse so I can start making bug repellent for the taming of the bees.

Can't find an otter for the life of me.

Saw my Hub had started putting foundation markers down for the location of our buildings so it gives me a start for building the barn and hatchery. 

Challenging myself to breed Dino's I don't normally breed so on this map. I will have an allo pack and direwolf pack. 

It's only Wednesday and I need a day off.

Edited by SnowboundGem
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yesterday I logged in to get kicked a few times.. weird considering we live on a boat with like 6 tames.. then I realized.. oh crap! I left the horses breeding last night T_T ... Luckily there was only 4 horses extra (but all preggo) so I killed the extra females and kept an extra breeding higher level pair for tossaways.

After that was sorted I ventured off to land to find the base spot Saltire marked out a few days ago. This map is full of wonderful flat spots! Love it. Finally found the spot, a little cliffside spot with its own land bridge going to it! Neat! I went about trying to clear off the: 4x stego, 2x bronto, 6x ankies that happened to be on a cliff spot that was less than 10x20.... lol. It was a chore! Took about an hour because a) I couldnt risk my only horse and b) the pathing into water fix a few years ago really works! They are reluctant to jump off cliff into water. I had to lure em all 1 by 1 with a crossbow over a land locked side. 

That all sorted I jumped back up there and threw down some foundations to block the same problem in the future then went to work. I needed wood so i made a trip to the redwoods and loaded up. After a few trips I had enough to (mostly) build my shack. Knocked out a 95 anky near my base for fun, did a bunch of puttering around and worked on my Wall for the bridge and then back to the house. Didnt get as much as id like done, its a lot longer without fliers xD Next order of buisness is getting a ramp up to here, make it a tad easier.

Was getting bored of grinding so took off to explore. Found some sort of path and followed it up through these cliffs and ended up in the White Cliff biome! Instant danger. Got jumped by countless raptors, apparently they can pin your horse instead of you.. weird! Saved my life a few times though. Knocked out a few raptors via horse kick and farmed some of the abundant Ovis mostly for Hide but also tamed the raptors with em.

Did a bit more exploring but pulled a big fat nope when I got jumped by a pack of 5+ Deins and ran out of there back to base with two Tek Raptors in tow. Didnt have much time left so i made some narcotic, did another Wood run and logged for the night

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SnowboundGem said:

@Aushegun can't the server admin do anything about the thief?

I haven't asked for their help. There is nothing posted on the server rules about "Not stealing eggs from others" so I'm probably out of luck.  But I did post his user name on the cluster's dischord warning people about this scumbag..

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2

Flew to around 40/50 on Val to throw out ravager clear fish spawns to get an otter. 

Landed for stam on top of a cliff/hill.. got attacked by a pack of terror birds who threw themselves down the cliff.. bird on passive as I'm pounced by a pack of raptors bird took off and flew around a bit.

Bird playing hard to get as I'm whistling aggressive and follow and trying to jump on board before I get killed or pounced again.

I then got nudged down the cliff by my own bird drew my sword as I fell followed down by raptor pack.. greeted at bottom by terror birds. Who didn't look that happy to see me considering they wanted to chew my face off.

Took quite a bit of fall damage, so I'm at half health, my armours starting to break piece by piece, I'm being chewed on by the raptor pack, the terror birds and then I hear a roar. 

I nearly had a panic attack it happened that quick but suppressed the urge to panic and started swinging. 

Killed all 3 terror birds and 2 of the 3 raptors, their bodies falling further down the hill and gathering in a neat little pile. Bird got the other raptor and as I turn to look for it I see the rex feet from me but stuck unable to quite reach me. 

I drew my gun shot it in the face a few times and down it went adding another body to the pile, I then started my decent to the bird taking care with my last sliver of health.. and back to the mission.

Got to water edge and threw out my ravager who's on passive was just about to cryo the bird and got snatched up and killed by a bary. 

Birds on aggressive so it killed bary, so I had to make my way back there to finish my mission. 

And yes I had a sleeping bag I just didn't get time to place it down. 

All was quiet when I returned got my ravager and cleared spawns, tamed an otter level 89 after tame. Not ideal level  but meh couldn't spend more time looking, made it home with everyone in one piece. My first death on Val. I'm sure there will be many more yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Managed to find Zod, (My first giga) a date and bred them up. Baby Bubba is growing up now, which leads me to a question for those experienced Giga breeders in here. The imprint rates on this server are pretty high, so Bubba is going to become an adult with around one-eighth of his max HPs. Will that do anything with his enrage mechanic? Or is it just when being ridden? 

• Like 1

PS4 - UNofficial Cluster - Valguerro

Finished building my outpost at 48, 47. Nice little spot, but a crap ton of brontos. Thankfully have Plant X turrets, which are taking care of them. (Our cluster doesn't want gated bases, so the admins give Plant X turrets to those who ask, so that their bases are protected.)

I then spent about 2 hours farming drops to get supplies for the outpost. Strangely never got any tools or longneck rifle above primitive.

I looked for the loot cave I see in RoyalWithCheese videos, but could not find it.  I then spent another hour looking for Deiny eggs. All I found was a level 126, and two level 52 eggs.

Then as I was heading back to base, a buddy who has been on vacation logged on, and apparently he had been on earlier in the day, and built a big base in the Chalk Cliffs. We were talking about my low level eggs, and he said, come on, follow me, So we went back out looking for eggs. WIthin 30 minutes I had 6 eggs all level 286 or higher, included a couple over 380. (Max wild level is 420 on cluster). By now it is close to midnight, and I need to get some sleep. So I tell my buddy I'm heading back to base.  he says hold on, one more spot to check.  I tell him thanks, but I needed to go to bed. So as I'm flying back to base; he says, "I see a nest, you sure you don't want the egg?"  I tell him thanks, but he should take it.

10 seconds later .... "Wow it is a max level 420 egg!"   (I then fly sadly back to base crying about my poor timing.)

Oh yeah during my travels earlier in the evening , I tamed a nice looking mid level Tek Rex, and a Tek Parasaur. Well actually 2 Tek Parasaurs, but as soon as one stood up, 2 rock golums woke up and pounded it into pieces.  I still cannot tell the difference between regular rocks and the golums on Val. And they seem to be everywhere!.

Tonight I plan on spending some time on Ext, breeding up a couple battle Owls for caves for my buddy and I. ( I have some babies popping with 8000k HP, others with 6k Stam, and others with over 1000 melee.  Now I just need to combine all the stats.

I also want to hatch the 10 deiny eggs. But I'll probably do it in Ext. Hopefully I don't lose the eggs in the cluster transfer.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chudz66 said:

Managed to find Zod, (My first giga) a date and bred them up. Baby Bubba is growing up now, which leads me to a question for those experienced Giga breeders in here. The imprint rates on this server are pretty high, so Bubba is going to become an adult with around one-eighth of his max HPs. Will that do anything with his enrage mechanic? Or is it just when being ridden? 

I don't think any of that affects the Rage issue when it comes to imprints, but I will defer to the more experienced Giga people.  @yekrucifixion187  ?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I don't think any of that affects the Rage issue when it comes to imprints, but I will defer to the more experienced Giga people.  @yekrucifixion187  ?

Better people to ask than me. I just raised the couple I needed and was always wary of the rage mechanic myself. Wary enough that I stored my Giga on obsidian island on Rag since I lived in a Kentro spawn.

@Chudz66

I'm not sure of specific with Giga rage so the rules I follow for Giga's (PvE mindset) is avoid Kentro's, try to kill enraged Trikes fast, avoid fall damage. 

Has always seemed to work for me. Only had one, unimprinted Giga, rage on me and that was my first encounter with an enraged Trike.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Better people to ask than me. I just raised the couple I needed and was always wary of the rage mechanic myself. Wary enough that I stored my Giga on obsidian island on Rag since I lived in a Kentro spawn.

@Chudz66

I'm not sure of specific with Giga rage so the rules I follow for Giga's (PvE mindset) is avoid Kentro's, try to kill enraged Trikes fast, avoid fall damage. 

Has always seemed to work for me. Only had one, unimprinted Giga, rage on me and that was my first encounter with an enraged Trike.

@yekrucifixion187   my bad, I just assumed you had done mass breeding of all the dinos. I know you have vast breeding experience in many dinos. Sorry for roping you in.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

@Chudz66

@Chudz66 no it wont. Giga enrages based upon a certain amount of hp at a burst, doesnt enrage on X% hp

• Thanks 1

Now that the XBOX bug is fixed where my Valguero data is no longer deleted, I've been having fun and exploring.

I found a lovely spot in the White Cliffs to make my base - 68.3, 68.6. A small plateau by the beach cliffs, complete with a small waterfall and pond stocked with fish. It does occasionally have some Raptors and Allosaurus spawn there, but not often. 

I admit I'm cheating with this one and force-tamed several Deinonychus, as well as hatched some level 145 eggs. I also have a lvl 217 Tek Rex and level 204 Dire Bear. It started off just a couple Deinonychus, but then I worry that something will spawn in and hurt them, so I grabbed more for better defense.

I'm mostly spending the time exploring the map and finding all the neat little spots that aren't noted on the gamepedia wiki explorer map. Waterfalls, ponds, neat scenic spots, good base locations. I'm writing down the GPS coordinates for my own use, might post them somewhere. 

I plan on eventually building the base up, but so far I just have some storage, a couple bedrolls and store my critters. 

Loving the map so far. Some areas are definitely incomplete, but it's refreshingly different from the other maps and I'm constantly finding new little spots. 

• Like 5

On 7/19/2019 at 10:27 AM, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Unofficial Cluster

Last night I was on RAG, flying around hitting drops, and then I saw it. over 9 wild raptors all in a huge traveling pack. I had never seen more than 3-4 together before. This was amazing, a couple tek raptors included in the gang.  I was on a travel owl, not a fighter owl, so I did not go near them, but it was a heck of sight watching them destroy everything in their path.

Then later during my travels, a guy logged on, who had a very similar toon name to mine. (and ours are not the common "MasterKiller300", "NoobDestroyerAlpha" or any of that crap.)

So I started chatting with him about the coincidence. Then someone asked if anyone was selling Owl eggs. He said he was.  (raises eyebrow up like Dwayne the Rock Johnson)  

"REALLY?"  do you have colored I ask. a few he says.

Fast forward and I fly to his base. He has about 5 owls sitting out. First one I see has the Neon Green color zone that I am missing from my all green Owl.  Next owl has the yellow chest zone, that I am missing from my all yellow owl.

(insert the meme from Stepbrothers  " Did we just become best friends?")

So I start talking with this guy and eventually we go to party chat.

5 hours later, he and I are trading eggs and breedings and I have a new best ARK friend. totally cool, totally chill guy, who like me, doesn't mind selling eggs and breedings to his mixed dinos, but he had two special colored ones, that he refuses to sell. Said he worked too hard to get the colors to all line up like he wanted.  

fast forward to this morning, I can't sleep to I get up and play ARK for about an hour before leaving for work.

Guess what I hatched ......

EDIT:  Well I spent the last 15 minutes trying to upload screen shot.  The file size is below the max limit, but still won't load. I give up.

(I got an all Neon green baby Owl!)

Green Owl

I have a midnight purple owl with a black chest and black stripes that i hold dear to me.

I love owls