So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

PS4 - Unofficial Cluster

Last night I was on RAG, flying around hitting drops, and then I saw it. over 9 wild raptors all in a huge traveling pack. I had never seen more than 3-4 together before. This was amazing, a couple tek raptors included in the gang.  I was on a travel owl, not a fighter owl, so I did not go near them, but it was a heck of sight watching them destroy everything in their path.

Then later during my travels, a guy logged on, who had a very similar toon name to mine. (and ours are not the common "MasterKiller300", "NoobDestroyerAlpha" or any of that crap.)

So I started chatting with him about the coincidence. Then someone asked if anyone was selling Owl eggs. He said he was.  (raises eyebrow up like Dwayne the Rock Johnson)  

"REALLY?"  do you have colored I ask. a few he says.

Fast forward and I fly to his base. He has about 5 owls sitting out. First one I see has the Neon Green color zone that I am missing from my all green Owl.  Next owl has the yellow chest zone, that I am missing from my all yellow owl.

(insert the meme from Stepbrothers  " Did we just become best friends?")

So I start talking with this guy and eventually we go to party chat.

5 hours later, he and I are trading eggs and breedings and I have a new best ARK friend. totally cool, totally chill guy, who like me, doesn't mind selling eggs and breedings to his mixed dinos, but he had two special colored ones, that he refuses to sell. Said he worked too hard to get the colors to all line up like he wanted.  

fast forward to this morning, I can't sleep to I get up and play ARK for about an hour before leaving for work.

Guess what I hatched ......

EDIT:  Well I spent the last 15 minutes trying to upload screen shot.  The file size is below the max limit, but still won't load. I give up.

(I got an all Neon green baby Owl!)

Green Owl

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Unofficial Cluster

Last night I was on RAG, flying around hitting drops, and then I saw it. over 9 wild raptors all in a huge traveling pack. I had never seen more than 3-4 together before. This was amazing, a couple tek raptors included in the gang.  I was on a travel owl, not a fighter owl, so I did not go near them, but it was a heck of sight watching them destroy everything in their path.

Then later during my travels, a guy logged on, who had a very similar toon name to mine. (and ours are not the common "MasterKiller300", "NoobDestroyerAlpha" or any of that crap.)

So I started chatting with him about the coincidence. Then someone asked if anyone was selling Owl eggs. He said he was.  (raises eyebrow up like Dwayne the Rock Johnson)  

"REALLY?"  do you have colored I ask. a few he says.

Fast forward and I fly to his base. He has about 5 owls sitting out. First one I see has the Neon Green color zone that I am missing from my all green Owl.  Next owl has the yellow chest zone, that I am missing from my all yellow owl.

(insert the meme from Stepbrothers  " Did we just become best friends?")

So I start talking with this guy and eventually we go to party chat.

5 hours later, he and I are trading eggs and breedings and I have a new best ARK friend. totally cool, totally chill guy, who like me, doesn't mind selling eggs and breedings to his mixed dinos, but he had two special colored ones, that he refuses to sell. Said he worked too hard to get the colors to all line up like he wanted.  

fast forward to this morning, I can't sleep to I get up and play ARK for about an hour before leaving for work.

Guess what I hatched ......

EDIT:  Well I spent the last 15 minutes trying to upload screen shot.  The file size is below the max limit, but still won't load. I give up.

(I got an all Neon green baby Owl!)

Thrilled for you. I wish I could trade some of my single player colours with you but we are on different consoles.

I know how hard it is to get decent colours that's why I leave it out of most of my lines. Until I have hours to spend mixing it back in.

I do keep all my colour muts in cryo until needed but I must admit green isn't my colour in this game. Love the blues and reds. And yet I get green everything most of the time. I think I struggle more on the reds.

• Like 1

Toto and Tin Man are dead.  A dark cloud hangs over the remaining members of the Yellow Brick Road Gang, but the mission was a success. We now have enough gas to run our single auto-turret for two days. The valiant sacrifice of our brave comrades will ne'er be forgot.

Aushegun: I uploaded to Imgur and posted the link (force of habit from other forums) - that worked ok. Also congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I logged into other halfs Xbox and jumped on the island on cluster today. I flew the whole map looking for rexes to start my breeding lines. Nothing over level 90 found.  So nothing tamed again today.

Found 3 alpha rexes, a stunning orange giga but only level 45. Lots of alpha raptors.

Managed not to pull out spyglass when I wanted it.. should have pressed right bumper + Y. Just pressed Y jumped off argy over the volcano lucky for me wasn't too high bird was on follow and the alpha rex didn't see me. Landed so close to it I'm lucky to be alive, well hubby is. Pulled out shotgun as I fell on the off chance it came for me.

Logged off after about 40 mins the rain gets on my nerves. As I write this it's raining here so hard outside. It's always raining!

Just now, chris282 said:

We now have a Dorothy, which has cheered up Scarecrow no end. I've been trying not to repeat names so far (except Parasaurs, which are all called Ensign Redshirt), but the body count is stacking up.

It does I stopped naming half of mine and my hubby likes really old fashioned names. GAH.. 

I usually have a theme of names just haven't attempted it in a while like the OZ theme.

3 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Yeah so, I just noticed that the update is downloading for me currently.

I also noticed is says 6 hours until finished downloading.

Gotta love small town internet!

We launched map after an hour setting up brother in law on non dedicated getting him used to crafting etc. I didn't want to play. Too tired.

Got my breeding pair of owls, argys and featherlights prodded and ready to transfer to Valguero. 

Grabbed the gear I wanted to take, had a final look around my Centre home and headed to the obelisk. 

Uploaded my gear, and swapped my server to Valguero. 

Made it to the Green Ob after a couple of deaths, grabbed my gear, threw out my owl and..... What the hell? Its white and level 1, not orange and level 259.

Tried the next and got the same. 

Tried the argies. Same

Tried the featherlights. Same

So all my breeding work has gone out of the window =(

I guess I'll be starting Valguero properly from scratch then. 

Grapped a nearby Parasaur and dilo. Found a save cave near the Ob and threw down a quick thatch house. 

Logged out for the night. 

Not overly impressed that I lost my favourite owls =(

• Sad 4

Tragically, Oz didn't last the day. He was killed by a Bronto while I was offline. It's carnage out here on the edge, man. Carnage I tell you.

Just me, Dorothy and Snoop Lion now. This afternoon we stripped the base and tonight we go north in a stone gunship. This is not my first attempt to conquer the north and tensions are high. I hope to raise morale by rescuing Scarecrow, who got lost in the mountains some days ago.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Explored around the green ob on Valguero on foot for a bit. Saved once or twice by my trusty dilo companion. 

Tames a couple of pteras but then spotted a 74 Argy. Figured it was a good enough level to go for to get me mobile around the map. 

Once it tamed up I hopped on, loaded up some gear and took off for pastures new. 

I ended up in the ruined Fort near the Deinonychus spawn region in the south east. I'm going to plug the holes in the walls and make it my next home 

Edited by Nicoli612
  • Like 5

Saturday - Played on valguero for a bit hubby settled us in a cave behind the green ob. Quite small but it's a start, was very surprised to see the new Dino living so close to green ob we grabbed 4x145 eggs so close to base.

I'm just having fun exploring the map so far. There really is a lot to see.

Feel bad for those who are still having issues with the launch of win10 servers, glad I chose to play single player for my initial exploration.

Don't think I will be playing the map on servers for a long while as I intend to complete the island and move on to each map ascending each time.

Spent a few hours teaching brother in law how to tame and build so now leaving him to it.

Edited by SnowboundGem
Spelling
  • Like 5

Valguero the early days. Excited to finally get on to Valguero and start exploring. I did have a quick scout around on single player but on our cluster we are starting out fresh. Spawned fresh on beach zone 1 first of all and started to level up, first goal was to craft up a raft . Even spawned in at the same time as Salty and allied up. Moved up the beach and started to make a make shift shack to level up, didnt get far with that walked round a rock and got nailed by a raptor. 

Spawned a few more time about the different spawn zones to explore. Settled on the small islands and crafted up a nice Valguero lake going raft. Started to explore the coastline, stopped off by The Farm and harvested some of the vegetables and hit up the metal nodes at the top of the hill. Ran for it back to my raft when I spotted the raptors. Next stop was to the Aberration cave entrance, went to explore the entrance in attempt to find some crystal. Went in found the green gems and made my escape.

Had a quick explore of the white cliffs coastline but it was a bit too dangerous. But I did spot a pair of equus so I tamed those up with the rockarrots from the farm, nothing amazing just a level 100 and level 15 but theyll do for breeding up throw away horses. Taming horses is always fun, spent the entire time praying the horses didnt take me in the direction of the local allo pack.

Stopped back off at the small islands and started construction on a taming raft and converted the original raft into a mobile base. Bred up the horses at the same time, so now we have enough horses incase we get them kiled.

Took the taming raft and a horse to the white cliffs, and went off exploring for our main base location which I had scouted out in single player. Dodged deinonychus, raptors and allos, got lost a few times but made it up to the lake I was aiming for. Got a hut and a bed down and started my descent back to my raft. Met my fate when I jumped of a cliff and landed next to a raptor which dismounted and killed me. Havent had the horses death message yet, so it either won the fight or both of them are still in stasis, moneys on the stasis.

Decide that the white cliffs were not a good starting point for a base. So I started making up a base near by up on one of the hills overlooking the lake. Stone harvesting was killing me, so I took the taming raft and trapped and tamed up a doed. Now I just need to find something whicj can harvest wood and theres enough ankys about our base spot to keep us busy.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 4

Had a mod-mismatch when trying to get to my regular servers, so I hopped in my SP Extinction game to pass the time. I already had a small stone base near a transmitter, so I decided metal would be needed going forward. Using the pick on the river rocks isn't too bad, but I decided an Anky sure would come in handy, so I began gathering stuff to tame one. I downed a level 30 and left my tek Parasaur by it, so it'd be easier to find. Meanwhile, I started taming some dodos. Everything was going well, and taming was around 90% on the Anky before two Defense Units decided to spoil it. 

I saw the damage numbers in the distance but wasn't able to get back in time to help. Both the Anky and my tek Parasaur were slain. I haven't spent much time on Extinction, so I wasn't sure about the dynamic with the robot guardians, and I'm still not sure exactly how things work. But anyway, I decided to attack the Defense Units and managed to drop one before joining my dinos in Ark heaven. 

A bit later, I went to kill a dilo for some hide, got attacked by insects before reaching him, and I'm guessing my attacking them somehow triggered an Enforcer. Maybe a scout was around? Trip to Ark heaven number two.

After that, I decided I'd be a bit smarter when taming another Anky, a level 90 this time, and made a trap. Got the Anky in there and almost ran out of arrows knocking it out, but it finally dropped. Taming was again around 90%, when I ran into my base for like thirty seconds. Come back out, and a spider had dropped in from above and was biting my tame. Arrgh! So I managed to kill the spider, and decided that I didn't feel like waiting for the Anky to wake up. Forty-seven percent taming effectiveness, FTW!

After that, I got in a groove. I went to the snow area on my Ptera, set up a trap, and after one wipe of owls managed to find a 145. I'm pretty sure that one closed the doors of the trap on itself, too, it was so easy to get it in there. Back at base, my owl horked up a bunch of pellets and we went off to the Aberration area. It's really cool how they set that area up. Anyway, I tamed three Gachas. I'm using the Dino Storage V2 mod, so I was able to bring them all back to base. No element ones, but got ones with black pearls, regular pearls, organic polymer, and obsidian. So overall not too bad. 

Before taking a break, I decided I needed a Doed so I could get stone for the Gachas. We flew into the Scorched Earth area and managed to find a 105 Doed after a minute. I dropped him, after running all over the place and fending off the occasional scorpion. (Note to self: I have the pieces for a trap, maybe bring it next time!) I build a wall around him, while he starved a bit, fought off one of those Velas that was a little too close. Owie! Owie! Owie! And he eventually tamed up. So after returning to base, we went on a quick stone run and that's where things are at. 

• Like 5

I spent time grinding for trap building stuff this morning.. gathered carrots from the farm near 50/50.

Created an argy trap and a 2x2 drop trap for anky and doed. Got 2x 145 breeding pairs of anky and argy and a 135 doed. 

Tamed a parasaur to gather narco berries only because it was right there outside my base.

A lystro because i love my little cheerleader.

Flew around a lot of the map looking for my starter rexes and a nice pack of allo's.  Found some great levels but didn't bring trap on scout mission.

Found a cave I saw a reference to on a video a couple of days ago mentioning artifact locations. I think it was nooblets if anyone else wants to find artifacts and feels like checking it out.

@d1nk do you want a list of cave co ords for your Val thread most of them are in the vid I saw I can note them all down for you if needed.

There were no threats it has an an artifact at approx 33/50 and 3 loot drops a red, blue and yellow. For those who want some quick loot. Sorry I didn't have GPS with me I just remembered the location when I saw the surrounding area at entrance.

I will be running it non stop tomorrow to hopefully get some great gear. Managed some pretty good gear so far from normal drops.

Still yet to actually explore White cliffs, I've skirted the beach so far. I have seen loads of new Dino's around green ob and tundra area so not needed to explore that far yet.

I'm surprised how many beavers are on this map. All in all I feel like today was productive.

• Like 5

On 7/20/2019 at 10:52 PM, chris282 said:

Tragically, Oz didn't last the day. He was killed by a Bronto while I was offline. It's carnage out here on the edge, man. Carnage I tell you.

Just me, Dorothy and Snoop Lion now. This afternoon we stripped the base and tonight we go north in a stone gunship. This is not my first attempt to conquer the north and tensions are high. I hope to raise morale by rescuing Scarecrow, who got lost in the mountains some days ago.

I love reading the escapades of the OZ gang. ?

Beginning to wonder what demise will befall Dorothy.. ?

• Haha 1

It seems implausible to me, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that anyone would take even a simple raft onto the ocean without a cursory understanding of basic safety procedures. And yet we are expected to believe that this man - this self-styled "Admiral" Chris - led a fortified stone gunship to its complete destruction, killing all hands on deck, because he "forgot about the whales."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2