So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Didnt do much yesterday. Logged on for an hour or so. Hatched some owl eggs to combine our new muts then tried to hatch some of the mut eggs with fresh tamed owls to clean it up... half way through realized its pointless and am just going to combine our stats all together. No more mutations after this but oh well.

Helped a friend get on to the server. Two of my real life friends are joining. Should be fun. They will probably make their own tribes and they dont want any help starting up (raised em right :,) )

• Like 2

PC Official PvE Day 8 -- Island

I didn't play much and ended up getting pretty drunk last night but at least I have the rest of the week off work to. I overcame my frustration and got the foundations placed correctly for my breading area. Its 6x6x4 with raised foundations and AC units underneath. Replaced the thatch foundations with metal, did a metal run and build about  half the walls plus the gate. I managed to get my last imprint on my snow owl although I have no idea how. I was pretty wasted.

Current goals (in order of priority)

Tame a few snails

Finish my breading/raising building

Build a crafting building 

2-3 fridges

4-5 vaults

Build 1 of each industrial crafting station (forge, chem bench, cooker, grill)

Build a 3rd building to store dinos and a water pen. This will complete my base. A haching/raising building, a crafting/storage building, and a dino "garage" all surrounded by gates 

• Like 2

Here’s some highlights of what’s been going on lately.

1) We’re in the easier sea cave, floating in the artifact area. I dismount while Soupz is trying to dislodge a jellyfish tentacle from between his teeth. Knowing how frustrating it is to have a popcorn hull stuck between my teeth, I swim forward and lend a helping hand. Ugh, so gross. Afterward, he sings a, “Thank you,” in whale then smiles big. Dang, maybe I can just send him to my next dentist appointment. With those pearly whites, he’ll probably get some award instead of the usual admonishments that I get. Anyway, off to open the nearby loot crate.

Shazam! I pull out a blue Rex saddle BP with 56ac. So needless to say we rush home, I mind wipe, then mad crafting spree! This is the first time I’ve mind wiped on this server, so I go to do it again to change everything back, and . . . you can only do it once a day. So, MOAR CRAFTING! I ended up with some great Rex saddles, a couple of Bary saddles, Flak armor, and an awesome assault rifle.

2) I did the easier swamp cave with one of my neighbors on the server. We made it all the way to the point where you either make the correct turn and get to the tunnel that leads to the artifact, or you make the wrong choice and end up looping around to the first water room. I was running back and forth trying to figure out which route I should take, and that person almost froze to death, so they ported out. I'm guessing my cave tour guide rating is probably down a bit on Yelp now. Anyway, I figured out the correct route two minutes later, and my otter and I each left with an artifact.

3) We had another turtle race on the server, and there was a low turnout. Just me and one other person. Their turtle was high-speed, low HP-drag. They left Trixi and I in the dust, which worked to our advantage. They attracted all of the predators, and their turtle went down. I even tried to help, firing that awesome assault rifle I had, but it was too late. So, we cruised to a win and a new companion. Sabre the Snow Owl says, “Hi!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tamed my first Rex ever!  I started a trap building, but ran out of wood to make the walls.  So I run backwards away from the area I know the Rex is in and start chopping.  I turn around, and he's standing on my foundation I just built.  DAMMIT!   So, I think fast and find a rock that's pretty good size with my Argentavis and start pelting him with narc crossbow arrows.  62 arrows later and me running after him and aggroing and killing a carno in the process he's unconscious!  I'm like dammit, I need prime meat now...hey wait there's that carno!  Chop that dude up, get some prime meat and WHAM!  Name your Rex!  I named him Hates Pushups.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In a month we joined a server then  husband got new job I got promoted then I got very sick. I had one day of my voice being back after 3 weeks of no voice, then spent a day in hospital. I've infected people from this thread with it be careful reading this I may still be contagious.

Then found out I'm going to be aunty to baby number 4 gender to be determined. I have 3 special cats all rescues each with their own needs and omg life is hard sometimes. I mean why? one cat cant figure out litter trays after 3 years he goes near it.. fml I have one who can't stop stealing.. I don't mean food yesterday he brought me a plastic plant pot. DILO!

I joined a server for escape from life and boredom of single player. I am really enjoying it. I feel like life wants to win though so may need a little break. No! Resisting that urge to give in..

Bred my thylas forgot about server restart time so f'd up my last imprint. So only at 67% not that fussed as I only try to imprint my last lines of breeders anyway I just forgot myself for a while was thinking of my sp. He was just a test to see if he got mum's health Vs dad's bad health. Mum won..  will redo no imprint need identical stats for best result here.

So he's now the hunter of the group my meat gatherer. 

So my goal this week a pair of rexes to start boss breeding. And a pair of yutis for the kibble and the bred boss fighters/back up encouragement. And a pair of theris..

I never use theri so this will be the first time I tame to breed them. It's Thursday so I'm hoping on Sunday I will have my pairs for my breeding programs.

Or a new cat.. 

Edited by SnowboundGem
Can't spell
  • Like 4

Ragnarok - Private Xbox Cluster

Came on just to check to see if the summer bash event had activated correctly and was about to log off but decided to take a little trip to Jerboa island in the south west.

Unfortunately, having recently wild dino wiped, I was unable to find any Jerboas however the glow pets that I enabled on the server to spawn on the island were too irresistible to dismiss.

Found and tamed a cool blue and red 140 Glowtail, a 130 red and pink Featherlight, and a white and grey 145 Shinehorn. Went back to base and logged out. That’s me done until Valguero launches lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Ragnarok - Private Xbox Cluster

Came on just to check to see if the summer bash event had activated correctly and was about to log off but decided to take a little trip to Jerboa island in the south west.

Unfortunately, having recently wild dino wiped, I was unable to find any Jerboas however the glow pets that I enabled on the server to spawn on the island were too irresistible to dismiss.

Found and tamed a cool blue and red 140 Glowtail, a 130 red and pink Featherlight, and a white and grey 145 Shinehorn. Went back to base and logged out. That’s me done until Valguero launches lol.

Well .. and TEK Cave :D

Was too busy to post my story from yesterday earlier..damn real life! 

Got a few sporadic hours in yesterday. Started off by hatching more owls, got everything combined now into mating pairs, hideous colours.. I dont like the wing-stripe colours, Id prefer a non-colour or something dark. Oh well can work that out later.

Kept letting the gachas run, refilling all our high end crafting stuff. Did a few big mat runs, very large stone run, wood, then two metal runs to build up for the next project today; 4 more asc theriz saddles..because why not? Our Ovis farm is ridiculous and i wont need to farm anymore hide. 10k+ per sheep makes it easy. I always breed daily so I just let a few pop while im there and let them mature on their own then straight to the cryofridge. Have 15 in backup now.

Made said saddles while hatching a pair of my new Theriz stat line for the Tek Cave this weekend (or just backups) I didnt even need the 4 saddles, had two in my vault already so I popped one into @AngrySaltire's vault and threw the rest into storage for future theriz. Also made some Fur (since were swimming in pelt) and a few other things. 

Basically imprinted my Theri then sat around Gacha'ing for an hour after. My new verb, like it? 

• Like 3

PC Official PvE Day 9 -- Island

This update is kinda late. Its nearly the end of day 10 now but I'm just logging on for the first time today. I had a busy day irl, spending the day with family out of town. So yesterday I did a metal run, nearly finished my breading area. Its missing a few ceiling but its usable now. I also added 3 fridges. I'll need more but its a good start. I couldn't resist the urge to bread so... I hatched 4 tek paras for my tek farm, 2 raptors for kibble (both were male so I killed them), an argent, a ptera, and uncrypoed a baby thylo (my ally was going to kill but he offered it to me first). I got 1 imprint on all the carnivores before cyrpoing them. I stocked my troughs and the paras should have survived (I'll check as soon as I'm done typing this) I thought about taming some snails but decided to hit some beaver dams instead. I ended up with 1300 cp in ~10 min. Maybe I won't need snails. I also went looking for some event dinos. Found a few cool looking paras I couldn't pass up. Hoping to bread them and get a full blue and full red one.

Tame a few snails - Doesn't seem necessary. I get cp faster than metal from beaver dams

Finish my breading/raising building - Nearly finished 

Build a crafting building - I'm going to build this above my breading area. Starting on it tonight 

2-3 fridges - Done

4-5 vaults

Build a 3rd building to store dinos and a water pen. This will complete my base. A haching/raising building, a crafting/storage building, and a dino "garage" all surrounded by gates 

Add 3-4 more fridges - New

Edited by Richman4

Been cutting back my playtime a bit this week. I admit I use this as stress release a little too much and I've had a lot going on outside the game lately.

But yesterday I had off from work and not much going on so into the game I went.

I'm both making a lot of progress and not enough at the same time. I think I can finally articulate exactly what it is about the midgame grind that is so frustrating. It's because this is the point where rng makes or breaks your progress. Leveling up, learning the industrial Engrams, etc is all easy because it's just farming. Farming Explorer Notes and narcotics, farming metal, farming penguins, whatever. All easy to do.

But then you need to farm dinos too and get your breeding lines started for bosses, and that's where the game really falls flat. I've been hunting and farming for high level rexes for a week and even with the level equalizer code, I've found 3. Of those 3, I've successfully tamed 2. Of those 2, neither one has breedable stats. Plus they are both male so I couldn't breed them even if I wanted to.

I have done a lot of taming and breeding, too. My argent line is well on its way to being ready for muts. I've got a bred anky but haven't found a good female doed yet. Got mediocre but functional bred barys and a yuty. Can make extraordinary kibble now which makes life so much easier, used it to get a max level basilo with low HP but decent melee.

But I just can't find any good rexes.

My ideal plan would be to get my rex line established and use the time while I'm raising them, stacking muts etc to do the rest of my boss prep. Farming caves for artifacts and bps, the mats to make the saddles, taming up allos for the snow cave, etc. All the other time intensive things that could get done while raising the rex army in the background because doing them first doesn't make sense to me. Breeding is by and large a passive activity and the last thing I want to do is sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for 20+ rexes to grow up, you know? That's when I get so much farming, taming, base building etc done. I've had days where by the time I raised one argent I tamed another one with better stats and immediately started on the next generation.

So yeah. For all of the taming and breeding I did yesterday, I'm still in the exact same position I was when I started.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Had the day off yesterday, but my body woke up at the normal workday time.  Wife and daughter slept in so I had a fair amount of time to myself playing Ark.  Decided to load up Rag and try out the Summer Bash stuff.  Used up all my cooked meat (prime and regular) and even made meat runs to fill the industrial grill several times.  I made the skins, but skipped the emotes (I play singleplayer.  Why would I use my jerky for emotes that I never use).  Overall, I was underwhelmed. The hat is cool; I’ll wear that around.

So, I turned my attention to searching for event dinos at the Wyvern trench.  Not much luck on event Wyverns; the only one I pulled was an 85 purple Lightning.  In general, though, I was quite fortunate.  I came away with 3 good Poison eggs levels 190, 170, and 160.  As well as 2 fire eggs levels 170 and 155.  All acquired in one batch of clearing the trench.  I was set to head home with my haul, when I noticed the upper trench had respawned already.  Took a look on a whim, and spot a level 15 alpha right at the entrance close to my turret tower.  Milk!  I now have 6 wyverns growing and enough milk to sustain them. Fireworks to celebrate

• Like 3

On 6/27/2019 at 3:52 PM, d1nk said:

It was via PM :P

So @AngrySaltire and i are planning our Val playthrough when it drops for console.. were trying to do something a little different to spice it up, as we did with Rag. We did no fliers at the start and before i grabbed any wyverns I had to steal eggs with a Pelagornis. Was fun and rewarding.

This time were thinking a true no fliers go. We kind of caved after a few weeks haha. Trying to get other cluster memebers on board but were asking for ideas from the thread. Weve done the whole 'no transfers' on Rag - lasted a few months actually. Was rewarding. Another server member is doing this and has thrown the idea of Primitive playthrough - but those cryopods are so nice so not entirely sure yet.

Any ideas?

No flyers except Archaeopteryx :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cymas said:

On TI? If so, I used to get all I wanted from the field southwest of the Green Obi, by the river. I put a base on the bluff by the river / pond with the big walkway up, made a behemoth-gate trap on the walkway and just pulled them up and closed the gate behind them. I would generally get a 140+ every session, after I had 6 I stopped collecting. 

Bonus, there's an ovis spawn just south on the river bank and a quetzl path right over it.

Edited by Milsurp

Popped on earlier and still can't make my mind up how I want to go when Valguero drops for xbox. 

I have all my Owls bred and ready to go. But now I've started breeding raptors and megalania with the thought that I'd do a totally different playstyle to normal and stay on the ground (I have literally always flown anywhere on any playthrough as soon as I can get a flier) 

So I was starting megalania lines and raptor lines and all set for a no flier mission to get Deinonychus eggs once Valguero drops... And then I got on my owl and remembered why I love fliers so much haha 

And now I don't know!! Haha

• Like 2

PC Official PvE Day 10 -- Island

I've been so distracted by breading with the current x2 rates I haven't been very productive. Most of my dinos aren't good enough to start a breading line with but I've been breading them anyone. I uncryptoed some dinos from day 9, bread my raptors, tek paras, colored paras, agrys, and pteras. Hatched them all and started raising them. Once I they didn't need constant attention I did a metal run and finished enclosing my breading area. I briefly started builing my crafting building on top of my breading area. I soon got tired as I only got home/logged on around 10 pm so I crypoed the dinos I didn't think would make the night and went to bed. I decided I will only bread my raptors (until I'm getting enough kibble) tek paras (I haven't had to make any electronics yet thanks to my tek farm) and my colored paras (until I get the color combinations I want) I won't hatch anymore until I have my crafting area complete but just pill some eggs to take advantage of the 2x breading intervals.

Finish my breading/raising building - Done

Build a crafting building - I'm going to build this above my breading area. Starting on it tonight 

4-5 vaults

Build a 2rd building to store dinos and a water pen. This will complete my base. A haching/raising building, a crafting/storage building, and a dino "garage" all surrounded by gates 

Add 3-4 more fridges

PC Official PvE Day 11 -- Island

I made the mistake of trying to build the 2nd floor of my building with metal first. After much wasted metal and cp I have it almost complete. I bread some dinos and saved the eggs for my next mass hatching. I also did another beaver dam run and a few metal runs. Nothing much just another day of grinding.

Finish the 2nd floor crafting building

4-5 vaults

Build a 2rd building to store dinos and a water pen. This will complete my base. A haching/raising building with a crafting/storage 2nd floor and a dino "garage" all surrounded by gates 

Add 3-4 more fridges

Alpha Tek Cave Attempt 2.

So a group of 6 or 7 of us us had another go at the tek cave this evening. This time we all prepared much harder and had a plan. Me and d1nk contributed 10 theris (and a but tonne of veggie cakes, at least 40 in each), 4 rexes, a yuty and 2 otters. We had fun getting everything into the cave, my rexes didnt make it in but the rest of our stuff did. The rest of the group had a bit of trouble too.

The plan was simple. Half the group would roam ahead on rexes and clear the way while the other half were tasked with getting the masses of theris and rexes through the cave. I was in the group to the rear, dragging all 10 of our theris along with my yuty. The tactic worked well, to a point anyway. We unfortunately lost d1nk half way down, a bit of confusion in the clearing team and he ended up in the lava with his rex. RIP. The rest of us made it down eventually. Even though I was in the rear group and saw little combat, the trip down was a stressful. One loose theri and the rest would follow into the lava. But I managed to get all the theris down and the rest of the rear guard got what dinos of theirs made it into the cave to the teleporter.

After cramming all of our tames into the boss arena, we layed into the overseer. A few others lost a couple of dinos I think but we defeated the oversear without too much of a problem and noone else died. The dragon definitely causes the most greif. Saying that our theris did well and come out the cave at full health with only eating about 10 theri cakes each.

Honestly there was a time I just thought  that I would never complete the Island Ascention at all never mind on Alpha. Its great to finally hit that acheivement. Definitely need to do it again though and get d1nk the ascention too. After that its got to be Rockwell.

rps20190706_234539.thumb.jpg.9cf2e2bca09bcdd618530eef8ab59de1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Bad mood = bad time to play ark..death in family last week..  so consoled myself with farming for resources and wiping local spawns.

Someone trampled all over my base with a mek scaring the life out of me on pve today, no bad intent there just scared the daylights outta me as hubby pulled into base on argy.  Never played on server before now so wasn't expecting visits haha.

Saying hello is good but you chopped down my trees no.. that's not ok I chose my base area based on trees for my build. So if they don't grow back I'm coming for your trees too.. lol

Got way too calm and chill coping with alpha carnos/raptors and hubby killing my tames..  Tis all in fun before people over react.

Edited by SnowboundGem
  • Sad 1

On 7/5/2019 at 7:12 PM, Nicoli612 said:

Popped on earlier and still can't make my mind up how I want to go when Valguero drops for xbox. 

I have all my Owls bred and ready to go. But now I've started breeding raptors and megalania with the thought that I'd do a totally different playstyle to normal and stay on the ground (I have literally always flown anywhere on any playthrough as soon as I can get a flier) 

So I was starting megalania lines and raptor lines and all set for a no flier mission to get Deinonychus eggs once Valguero drops... And then I got on my owl and remembered why I love fliers so much haha 

And now I don't know!! Haha

I can't ark without a flyer either I manage when I have too but I don't for long . 

On 7/5/2019 at 11:52 AM, Cymas said:

Been cutting back my playtime a bit this week. I admit I use this as stress release a little too much and I've had a lot going on outside the game lately.

But yesterday I had off from work and not much going on so into the game I went.

I'm both making a lot of progress and not enough at the same time. I think I can finally articulate exactly what it is about the midgame grind that is so frustrating. It's because this is the point where rng makes or breaks your progress. Leveling up, learning the industrial Engrams, etc is all easy because it's just farming. Farming Explorer Notes and narcotics, farming metal, farming penguins, whatever. All easy to do.

But then you need to farm dinos too and get your breeding lines started for bosses, and that's where the game really falls flat. I've been hunting and farming for high level rexes for a week and even with the level equalizer code, I've found 3. Of those 3, I've successfully tamed 2. Of those 2, neither one has breedable stats. Plus they are both male so I couldn't breed them even if I wanted to.

I have done a lot of taming and breeding, too. My argent line is well on its way to being ready for muts. I've got a bred anky but haven't found a good female doed yet. Got mediocre but functional bred barys and a yuty. Can make extraordinary kibble now which makes life so much easier, used it to get a max level basilo with low HP but decent melee.

My ideal plan would be to get my rex line established and use the time while I'm raising them, stacking muts etc to do the rest of my boss prep. Farming caves for artifacts and bps, the mats to make the saddles, taming up allos for the snow cave, etc. All the other time intensive things that could get done while raising the rex army in the background because doing them first doesn't make sense to me. Breeding is by and large a passive activity and the last thing I want to do is sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for 20+ rexes to grow up, you know? That's when I get so much farming, taming, base building etc done. I've had days where by the time I raised one argent I tamed another one with better stats and immediately started on the next generation.

So yeah. For all of the taming and breeding I did yesterday, I'm still in the exact same position I was when I started.

I've seen how many times you restarted and how much you put in. This was just an ark day..