So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

So I hatched a 380 drake today! After venturing to the grave of the Lost with only glider wings, a hazard suit, and a bulbdog, I got my mitts on some drake eggs, some are likely going to be basilisk food, but the 380 I hatched... black  and red, with great stats! Going to be challenging to try to find a reaper queen that's near lv 600 next

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I fear that @SnowboundGem has given me a virus, as I got sick yesterday, and now have a terrible sore throat, fever and overall crud.

I'm not sure how I got it from her, seeing as how I have no idea where she lives, or who she is. But with today's advancements in computers and technology; I wouldn't be surprised if her sickness transferred to me via this forum!  LOL

??

"Creeps out of the thread to share germs elsewhere.. "

I'm from Manchester in UK. 

I have tried my best to go out more and infect as many people as possible.. why suffer alone?

• Haha 2

PvE official day 4 (part 1)  

Thanks for the suggestion @Cymas I used about 20 bolas before I finally hit an icthy. I ended up killing it. I decided I should wait until I have a cbow or longneck. I met a really friendly alliance of players. They gave me a level 300+ argy so prime meat should be easy now. They also cleared a place near their bases for me to build and gave me a majority of a stone base. I placed the stone foundations and walls, grinded for everything I needed to finish the base. My male raptor died  but I tamed 2 low level females just looking for a male for kibble. Taking a short break then going to continue playing. 

Current goals:

Icthy (I have a mastcraft longneck from someone in my alliance) 

Doed

Anky

Set up a farm so I'm ready for higher level kibble

Male raptor for kibble

Trike or stego for berries

Male tek parasaur to breed for free electronics/elemental

• Like 1

Went to Aberration to finally tame some lightpets two nights ago, Had a fresh tamed lvl 90 on my shoulder while running around looking for a drop to get back home cause it was pretty late. Was standing on a platform overlooking a dangerous river just waiting for it to be nighttime so I can use my island megalo. While standing there admiring the view I realized my tek helmet was still on pulsing so I went to turn it off to save element. OFC I forgot that on xbox its the same button to throw ur shoulder pet as to cycle the tek helmet and I threw my new baby bulbdog right off that cliff.

Helplessly watched as he fell so far down that he left render and into a massive river that I was NOT about to try to save him from. RIP bulbdoggy. (Seriously why would they make that button the same, so dumb)

Proceeded to find a generous persons unlocked transmitter to get outta there.

Went back last night and got 3 shinehorns, 2 bulbdogs, 1 ravager, 1 abberant megalo. not a bad night

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, SnowboundGem said:

??

"Creeps out of the thread to share germs elsewhere.. "

I'm from Manchester in UK. 

I have tried my best to go out more and infect as many people as possible.. why suffer alone?

So the truth is out, you have launched a biological war against the US.

I'd be angry about it, but I am too tired and just want to take some nyquil and go to bed.

• Like 1

A sphere of light glides through the murky depths.

It’s me of course on my pea green Basilo, named Soupz. My Steampunk helmet allows me a better view down here, but it doesn’t help that it’s night time and foggy. For now, my vision only extends as far as Ava’s light does. Oh, Ava’s a Featherlight with gorgeous red plumage. I won her in that turtle race a while back. 

There’s a tapping on the side of my helmet. It’s four taps, followed by a pause, then two more taps. That’s Ava saying, “Hi.” She found a Morse Code chart on the beach a week ago and has been practicing. Surprisingly, she has quite the potty mouth. It almost makes you wonder who she hangs out with.

We’re in the vicinity of Herbivore Island, or at least I think we are. Soupz is humming something in whale as we drift along, seemingly alone in the void. It’s quite relaxing, really. Well, relaxing until Soupz comes to a sudden halt, going quiet as he does. The silence draws out for a few heartbeats, before Ava goes ballistic on the side of my helmet. I’m pretty sure I can actually hear its durability going down.

Tap-tap-tap-tap  scrape-scrape-scrape  tap-scrape-tap-tap  scrape-tap-scrape-scrape (Pause) tap-tap-tap  tap-tap-tap-tap  tap-tap, . . . and then I catch a glimpse of what they saw. The tip of a giant tentacle, wreathed in fiery orange luminescence, sweeps into view and then is gone, swallowed by the darkness.

“Um,” I begin, “I don’t think we’re alone down here.”

Another flurry of taps and scrapes assaults my helmet as Ava calls me a, “Dumb ape!” Okay, so the last two letters might have been different.

Moments later, the monstrosity is upon us.

The battle rages on, illuminated by the contrast of Ava’s pure, golden light and the creature’s otherworldly aura. Light is beginning to creep in from above as well. Soupz has pushed the Alpha Squid back and managed to pin it against the stony base of Herbivore Island. Victory is almost within our grasp, and then, . . . all goes dark.

Ava manages to communicate a “W” and a “T” before she starts gagging.

“OMG! What is this, did we just get inked? Ew! Please tell me it washes off.”

Soupz is still biting, and I can tell he’s doing damage. Then suddenly, the giant predator is no longer there. Anxious seconds slip past as the inky blackness clears. And when it does, there’s no Alpha to be found.

Tap-tap-scrape-tap, Ava finally gets the last letter out.

(This was the first time I’ve fought an alpha squid, and I was looking forward to what it dropped. In truth, I thought we pushed him through the side of Herbi Island, and he was gone for good. But as we were leaving the area, we ran into him again and finished the job. At first, I was a little disappointed because I thought I’d get more black pearls, but then I saw the Absorbent Substrate and was like, “Jackpot!” )

• Like 3

Logged in today and nearly died falling through my new treehouse foundation floors. Took a bit of damage then i went back up to it have it happen a second time. That's new to me. 60 health points left I limped off to sign out next to my tames.

I've never had my base try to kill me before. 

Only logged in to build a taming pen and find an anky. 

?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

Logged in today and nearly died falling through my new treehouse foundation floors. Took a bit of damage then i went back up to it have it happen a second time. That's new to me. 60 health points left I limped off to sign out next to my tames.

I've never had my base try to kill me before. 

Only logged in to build a taming pen and find an anky. 

?

Thats actually happened to a few people the last few days on the server. Must be a new glitch introduced in last patch, a few of them have had bases on cliff / tree platforms for months with no issues prior

• Like 1

Started of last night on Ragnarok attempting to hatch some mutation on our new boss theri line, with surprising success. Must have hattached anwhere from 50 to 100 eggs (I wasnt counting). On the 4th or 5th batch I struck gold. Funnily enough I wasnt paying attention to the egg timers so that batch hatched en mass but I could see the red mutation a mile off, male and female twins too. Lucked out on a hp mutation and thankfully it fell on our mutated males stat and not the clean female, so we are now into 8k health with our theris. Also lucked out on a weight mutation in that same batch, useful for our harvesting theris. 

Then followed the same plan the night before did a metal run on Aberration and then went to the Island in search of a good basilosaurus. Again had difficulty finding basilos but then realised I was cruising too deep, I should be travelling closer to the surface. I eventually found what I was looking for just south of Stonehenge. A basilosaurus with both the colours I was after, black and white. Its was only a level 10 but I wasnt interested in stats anyway. Tamed it up and realised I had forgotten cryopods so I had to drag the whale all the way back to base on the west coast. Transferred it and my breeders on the Center to Ragnarok in preparations for breeding. We have a nice setup sharing one of the underwater caverns with one of the guys on the server, making use of the tek underwater compartments. So when I get time I'll start merging the new colours into our current line, aswell as raising the tusos I got off our new neighbour. Looking forward to the projects, I have never used these tek compartments before, should be fun.

• Like 1

It's both a new and a very old glitch lol, falling through foundations was a very common early access issue and the reason I kept a logoff box for years. Never knew when you were going to wake up dead, as it were.

Anyway, I've been having issues of my own. I logged in last night to find yet again most of my base nonexistent and my animals wandering about. This is the one thing about using modded building pieces--if there's a problem with the mod and those pieces break, when they're gone they're gone. It's why S+ is the only building mod I've been using for years, because it's been stable and never caused me an issue like this for so long.

I was so frustrated I went and took my tek rex to the obelisk, uploaded him, and wiped my single player again. Because if most of my base was gone, that means more than 90% of my snow base was also gone and I spent hours on that project. I didn't want to do it all again.

I also logged out completely, verified my files, uninstalled and reinstalled S+ before loading back up in a new single player world. Kept no backups of the old one. It doesn't matter since the only backup that would work is from 3 days ago, useless.

Started in a different spot this time, West 3. Unfortunately I hit the snow side of that spawn in point. Made it safely out, then got ambushed and eaten by a saber. Respawned in the same spot but avoided the saber a second time. Progressed slightly south to the top of the rise over by that spot that has mainly dodos and started setting up. My logic in starting here is that because of carno point, there is easy access to a lot of animals I'll want to look for, so my starter base will actually be built up into essentially a taming facility.

Didn't progress too far due to how long it took to (hopefully) fix all the technical issues. Got a dodo, a tiny open base aka no walls or ceilings, and am just now working on metal tools. We'll see what today brings...

1 hour ago, Cymas said:

It's both a new and a very old glitch lol, falling through foundations was a very common early access issue and the reason I kept a logoff box for years. Never knew when you were going to wake up dead, as it were.

Anyway, I've been having issues of my own. I logged in last night to find yet again most of my base nonexistent and my animals wandering about. This is the one thing about using modded building pieces--if there's a problem with the mod and those pieces break, when they're gone they're gone. It's why S+ is the only building mod I've been using for years, because it's been stable and never caused me an issue like this for so long.

I was so frustrated I went and took my tek rex to the obelisk, uploaded him, and wiped my single player again. Because if most of my base was gone, that means more than 90% of my snow base was also gone and I spent hours on that project. I didn't want to do it all again.

I also logged out completely, verified my files, uninstalled and reinstalled S+ before loading back up in a new single player world. Kept no backups of the old one. It doesn't matter since the only backup that would work is from 3 days ago, useless.

Started in a different spot this time, West 3. Unfortunately I hit the snow side of that spawn in point. Made it safely out, then got ambushed and eaten by a saber. Respawned in the same spot but avoided the saber a second time. Progressed slightly south to the top of the rise over by that spot that has mainly dodos and started setting up. My logic in starting here is that because of carno point, there is easy access to a lot of animals I'll want to look for, so my starter base will actually be built up into essentially a taming facility.

Didn't progress too far due to how long it took to (hopefully) fix all the technical issues. Got a dodo, a tiny open base aka no walls or ceilings, and am just now working on metal tools. We'll see what today brings...

Before logging into a single player game be sure no mods are updating. This will cause the game to load without the mod. I had this happen several times on SP :(

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Richman4 said:

PvE official day 4 (part 1)  

Thanks for the suggestion @Cymas I used about 20 bolas before I finally hit an icthy. I ended up killing it. I decided I should wait until I have a cbow or longneck. I met a really friendly alliance of players. They gave me a level 300+ argy so prime meat should be easy now. They also cleared a place near their bases for me to build and gave me a majority of a stone base. I placed the stone foundations and walls, grinded for everything I needed to finish the base. My male raptor died  but I tamed 2 low level females just looking for a male for kibble. Taking a short break then going to continue playing. 

Current goals:

Icthy (I have a mastcraft longneck from someone in my alliance) 

Doed

Anky

Set up a farm so I'm ready for higher level kibble

Male raptor for kibble

Trike or stego for berries

Male tek parasaur to breed for free electronics/elemental

I found someone willing to trade their old anky for only 500 ingots so did a metal run then made the trade. I'll need a better one but this will work for now. Set up my crop plots. Hit a few beaver dams then build a 3x3 greenhouse covering my crops. Found a male ten para. Tamed it and breed it with my 2 females. Stayed up till they were ~9% and left them with a full trough. Checked them before work this morning and topped off their food. Should be good for the day

Edited by Richman4
  • Like 1

I've not been playing ark for long since I've only recently downloaded it on xbox so I've been trying to figure out how to play it for the past couple of days. Not sure why it doesn't give u a tutorial For the controls but so far I've managed to build myself a thatch house. Quite impressed with it really. Still have no idea how to tame dinos I'm just very good at getting eaten by them ??

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, penno7429 said:

I've not been playing ark for long since I've only recently downloaded it on xbox so I've been trying to figure out how to play it for the past couple of days. Not sure why it doesn't give u a tutorial For the controls but so far I've managed to build myself a thatch house. Quite impressed with it really. Still have no idea how to tame dinos I'm just very good at getting eaten by them ??

That's a good start. Get used to dying and just explore.

No tutorial is a good idea I'm sure with time you will enjoy it. No controls instructions. Press the start key on Xbox controller button with 3 lines on it the controller buttons are listed there. 

There is a wiki dedicated to ark with everything you may not know.  Updated regularly by players.

Watch a few YouTube videos syntac or phlinger phoo have some taming how to vids. I'm sure others do too but I don't tend to watch other people.

Edited by SnowboundGem
Auto correct is evil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowboundGem said:

That's a good start. Get used to dying and just explore.

No tutorial is a good idea I'm sure with time you will enjoy it. No controls instructions. Press the start key on Xbox controller button with 3 lines on it the controller buttons are listed there. 

There is a wiki dedicated to ark with everything you may not know.  Updated regularly by players.

Watch a few YouTube videos syntac or phlinger phoo have some taming how to vids. I'm sure others do too but I don't tend to watch other people.

I agree with the YouTube videos. I've been watching the entire season 4 of phlingers soloing the ark (250+ episode currently on like 130) and I'm really enjoying it and learning a lot

• Like 1

First Dinos I ever died too was a dilo/manta tag team within minutes of my first ever play through.

I ran into the sea blinded by the dilo who was chasing me and nibbling my bum on the way out, to what I thought was safety at the time.

I then swam straight upto a manta who helped the afore mentioned evil dilo kill me by chewing off my face.

I'm sure many people have funny stories to share. @penno7429 what's been your most amusing death?

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Thats actually happened to a few people the last few days on the server. Must be a new glitch introduced in last patch, a few of them have had bases on cliff / tree platforms for months with no issues prior

I've never had it in 3 years or so but did Google for it and it has been an issue for ages. I guess I was just lucky before or maybe on single player it just wasn't a problem? Either way it's fine it was just an amused post.

I just know to build a log out box now, at first I thought it was something I did. 

I'm enjoying building on a server I've not seen anyone yet though so hello in case your reading. ?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

I've never had it in 3 years or so but did Google for it and it has been an issue for ages. I guess I was just lucky before or maybe on single player it just wasn't a problem? Either way it's fine it was just an amused post.

I just know to build a log out box now, at first I thought it was something I did. 

I'm enjoying building on a server I've not seen anyone yet though so hello in case your reading. ?

Personally I always kill myself before logging out and respawn at my bed when I log in. Then I don't need to worry about losing gear or anything like that

• Like 1

@SnowboundGem My most amusing death was when I swam towards the shipwreck on ragnarok and as I was swimming there I couldn't see any dangers so I carried on till I found the treasure chest. After I cleared the chest I turned round to swim back out and crapped myself when I saw a megalodon just as it ate me. Pissed myself laughing afterwards ??

Edited by penno7429
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

Just unlucky I guess haha. I was on last night with 4 others doing stuff, half the server is UK too

• Like 1