So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

On 6/18/2019 at 10:58 AM, d1nk said:

They would be banned so fast on our server.. what the actual bleep....Why would someone do that lol

I once saw a PvE player on a dozen-person server attempt to claim Viking Bay as a base. The WHOLE bay area, with foundations and signs and everything.

It's a newbie spawn and everything. Some friggin people. 

• Facepalm 1

So the next contest on the server I’m on was Dodo Wars.

A very cool looking glass arena was built, with the zappy things from the Steampunk mod placed around it for security. (More on these later). And we had a little under a week to hunt for dodos. First day, I looked and found a 180ish female and a 150ish male. I tamed them and stuck them in poke-balls, figuring I’d breed them if I couldn’t find anything better. Second day, I see a level 203 (out of 210) male and nearly crash land my bird trying to get to him. Then when he’s knocked out, I turn around and there’s a level 210 female. OMG! I use all my luck up on things like this, no wonder it takes me eight-hundred trips to the sea cave to get a Rex saddle BP. But, I’ll take it!

The male has the higher health, and the female has higher melee. So I bred them up trying to get the right combo, and no luck during the next two days. The day after that, I finally get the stats on a male dodo, who’s a bit over level 300. Woo Hoo! Thanks to S+, the nanny makes sure he’s completely imprinted to top it off. Once he’s set, I poke-ball him to gain passive experience.

Around this time, something dawns on me. I ask the server owner if our entrants are allowed to use PEDDs. (Performance Enhancing Dodo Drugs.) He says, “yes,” and I’m off to make a million and one sweet veggie cakes.

The day before the event, which I now think I’m going to miss because I’m on call that night, I un-pod the dodo and level him up. Heretofore known only as Dodo, I christen him, “Dozerker! “ Nobody accepts my offer of a dodo for the contest, so he and I hang out and get to painting. Dozer, his nickname, ends up looking like a creepy, little clown-dodo. I like it. I still has a sad that I’m going to miss the contest, though.

Event day, I get home late, and it’s over. But someone still has a Dodo left, and they offer the opportunity for a fine little donnybrook. Happy to accept, Dozer and I teleport and make our way into the arena. I notice the zappy things are turned off, probably since the event is over. Now, I’m not good with tribe commands, so the admin is there and helps us set up a very limited tribe war. It kicks off, and Dozer goes Dozerk! He tears off his Macho Man Randy Savage T-shirt and charges. It’s bloody, and gruesome, and Dozer is victorious! Woo Hoo, at least I got to use him in a fight. So, I’m happy. Then the admin says if you beat this, you get a Rock Drake.

So I unknowingly start a tribe war with him for a whole day, thinking I was accepting his invite to a limited one. He then pops in a zombie dodo, which I had never seen before. Dozer was hitting harder, but the zombie dodo was healing up before his next attack. I was ready to let Dozer go down swinging, but the admin eventually called his zombie off. As a consolation prize, the admin gave me a low level gas bag.

I didn’t expect anything, so I’m like, “Cool, thanks.” I pod the Gas Bag up, and carry Dozer out of the arena. We’re not too far away when I plop Dozer on the ground, and un-pod the Gas Bag to get a better look. Thinking our tribe war is already over, the admin turns the zappy things back on. This wouldn’t have been a problem, since he had set them to just wild creatures. Unfortunately, the person building the arena had picked them up and moved them to make space for building. This of course must have reset them to Zap Freakin’ Everything mode….

My new Gas Bag, Dozer, and myself, are suddenly engulfed in a lightning storm. Anyone care for an extra crispy Gas Bag, some well-done drumsticks, and a side of burnt Chudz? Owie! Owie! Owie!

The admin realized what was going on and turned them off, and we were all laughing after that. I thought Dozer bought the farm, too, but he was still there when it stopped. What a trooper. Anyway, the admin summoned another Gas Bag for me that I’m probably going to kill soon while learning to fly it.

Oh, and a bit later, the winner of the earlier contest, who won a rock golem, decided to put his Dodo up against Dozer the Dozerker. I said we can fight for bragging rights, but he wanted to offer up the golem if we won. He seems like a straight forward type of person, so I eventually accepted the rock golem after Dozer handled business.

Edited by Chudz66
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

SP "Ultimate Ark" The Island

Started my day off with a metal run, of course. Actually did 2 seeing as I have 3 forges to split production between them all. Not a ton of metal all told but it was just shy of 1300 ingots.

Then it was off to find some more needed tames. I brought Gulliver with me, just in case.

First tame of the day was a 125 bary. Not breedable really, but that's fine. These are all starter tames just to get me going. I couldn't bring him to a taming pen, he did too much damage to the bird, so we tamed him in the river canyon near Far's Peak. Had to go surprisingly far to find a fish to harvest. As much as I despise wild icthyornis, Gulliver is acquitting himself quite well. I think if I find any high level gulls I'll tame them up for a breeding pair later.

With my first cave mount officially tamed, naturally we went caving straight away. Down to the volcano cave to look for beetles. Did not find any, but did run into the annoying respawn bug. It wasn't quite a waste of an hour as I managed to grab several artifacts by making a box at the cave entrance. I needed to do that anyway to hold all the chitin and whatnot, barys don't have the best carry weight. Also had to store my broken set of flak courtesy of way too many microraptors on the way over. Meh. Micros are actually quite strong for their size, just so aggravating wild much like the gulls.

Eventually we headed back and I used the argent to carry the bary over to lower south cave. Found a single level 85 beetle, which we tamed. Flew home relieved to have found it at all.

I was starting to get tired but decided to make a last ditch attempt to find a beaver. Honestly I would vastly prefer a mammoth but it's too much of a hassle to go into the snow right now. Found a 75 and decided it would be close enough for what I need it for.

Flew it home, dropped it in the pen, KO'd and tamed.

Spent the end of my night mass crafting, mostly spark and gun powder and lots of cementing paste. And more narcotics of course.

spult420190620221633_1.thumb.jpg.37498a9ac8f1e1df776669507d6b6f5a.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chudz66 said:

So the next contest on the server I’m on was Dodo Wars.

A very cool looking glass arena was built, with the zappy things from the Steampunk mod placed around it for security. (More on these later). And we had a little under a week to hunt for dodos. First day, I looked and found a 180ish female and a 150ish male. I tamed them and stuck them in poke-balls, figuring I’d breed them if I couldn’t find anything better. Second day, I see a level 203 (out of 210) male and nearly crash land my bird trying to get to him. Then when he’s knocked out, I turn around and there’s a level 210 female. OMG! I use all my luck up on things like this, no wonder it takes me eight-hundred trips to the sea cave to get a Rex saddle BP. But, I’ll take it!

The male has the higher health, and the female has higher melee. So I bred them up trying to get the right combo, and no luck during the next two days. The day after that, I finally get the stats on a male dodo, who’s a bit over level 300. Woo Hoo! Thanks to S+, the nanny makes sure he’s completely imprinted to top it off. Once he’s set, I poke-ball him to gain passive experience.

Around this time, something dawns on me. I ask the server owner if our entrants are allowed to use PEDDs. (Performance Enhancing Dodo Drugs.) He says, “yes,” and I’m off to make a million and one sweet veggie cakes.

The day before the event, which I now think I’m going to miss because I’m on call that night, I un-pod the dodo and level him up. Heretofore known only as Dodo, I christen him, “Dozerker! “ Nobody accepts my offer of a dodo for the contest, so he and I hang out and get to painting. Dozer, his nickname, ends up looking like a creepy, little clown-dodo. I like it. I still has a sad that I’m going to miss the contest, though.

Event day, I get home late, and it’s over. But someone still has a Dodo left, and they offer the opportunity for a fine little donnybrook. Happy to accept, Dozer and I teleport and make our way into the arena. I notice the zappy things are turned off, probably since the event is over. Now, I’m not good with tribe commands, so the admin is there and helps us set up a very limited tribe war. It kicks off, and Dozer goes Dozerk! He tears off his Macho Man Randy Savage T-shirt and charges. It’s bloody, and gruesome, and Dozer is victorious! Woo Hoo, at least I got to use him in a fight. So, I’m happy. Then the admin says if you beat this, you get a Rock Drake.

So I unknowingly start a tribe war with him for a whole day, thinking I was accepting his invite to a limited one. He then pops in a zombie dodo, which I had never seen before. Dozer was hitting harder, but the zombie dodo was healing up before his next attack. I was ready to let Dozer go down swinging, but the admin eventually called his zombie off. As a consolation prize, the admin gave me a low level gas bag.

I didn’t expect anything, so I’m like, “Cool, thanks.” I pod the Gas Bag up, and carry Dozer out of the arena. We’re not too far away when I plop Dozer on the ground, and un-pod the Gas Bag to get a better look. Thinking our tribe war is already over, the admin turns the zappy things back on. This wouldn’t have been a problem, since he had set them to just wild creatures. Unfortunately, the person building the arena had picked them up and moved them to make space for building. This of course must have reset them to Zap Freakin’ Everything mode….

My new Gas Bag, Dozer, and myself, are suddenly engulfed in a lightning storm. Anyone care for an extra crispy Gas Bag, some well-done drumsticks, and a side of burnt Chudz? Owie! Owie! Owie!

The admin realized what was going on and turned them off, and we were all laughing after that. I thought Dozer bought the farm, too, but he was still there when it stopped. What a trooper. Anyway, the admin summoned another Gas Bag for me that I’m probably going to kill soon while learning to fly it.

Oh, and a bit later, the winner of the earlier contest, who won a rock golem, decided to put his Dodo up against Dozer the Dozerker. I said we can fight for bragging rights, but he wanted to offer up the golem if we won. He seems like a straight forward type of person, so I eventually accepted the rock golem after Dozer handled business.

oh my god that reminds me of when we held an event you had to choose a shoulder pet of small tame, had to make an army of 15 and you could enter the team into a comp. the list was dodo, dilo, dimorph, monkey, compy, lystro, jerboa, otter, bulb dog, shinehrn, feather light, glowtail, penguins, pegos, troodons, microraptors and a few other things. i chose dilos cause they seemed like the best ones to use. anyway i tame up 10 max lvl 180 dilos. i keep the best stat ones kill the rest. i bred them into having 20 melee and 20 health stats. then i used colour mutations to give them colours. i named the the dilo avengers. the names were: iron dildo, captian dilo, black dilo, hawk dilo, thilo, the incredible dilo, spider dilo, star dilo, ant dilo, dilo falcon, scarlet dilo, war dilo, the winter dilo, dilo marvel and thanos dilo. i knwo thanos is not an avenger but i still wanted a dilo thanos. after alos using a bit of paint they were ready. i hatched baby giga for them to kill and in no time i had almost lvl 400 dilos. another tribe saw my idea and made the DC dodos. i went up against the comp squad. we killed them no prob, next was the pegos. they were smart, spliting the army into two groups to separete my herd. we won in to end but almost lost star dilo. after healling them up and giving them a pep talk we went up against the monkeys. thier master filled them up with crap so they flinger it at my avengers. they responded with their spit. thanos led the charge followed by iron and captain dilo. scarlet dilo aggroed on a rouge monkey and died when went up against three of them. by rules i was allowed to replace her with her child. we next went up against the featherlights. they flew all around the place, i whisled them on the leader and they slowly killed them off one by one. the dilo avengers had almost lost their. after another pep talk we went against the bulb dogs. i felt guilty for fighting them so i only used half of my army, i still won after calling them back. the bulb king surrendured and thanked me for showing mercy apon his cute little purgmy (pug army). next were the jebobos. i only sent out thanos. he tore them apart so easily i almost cired. the jerboas leader was a freakin 10 year old kid. he named them the pikasquad, after pikachu. i promised him i would breed him a better pikasquad along with a suprise. i got to the final against the dodo army. i was suprised they made it that far considering no offense but dodos are pretty weak. i said to him to say his fair wells to his justice dodos as they will not survive this clan of the heros. he sent them in. i deicded to let them come to me. i set the five of them to sentry mode with the rest on attakc. my dilos all spat at  the dodos slowing them. they charged in arms out ready to feast of their rivals. first wentwinter dilo, then marvel dilo, followed by scarlet dilo 2nd, it after a few minutes of avenges knocking back justice dodos they managed to kill some of the dodos. a few more dilos died. the remaints were: iron dilo, star dilo, captain dilo, spider dilo, thanos, ant dilo, the incredible dilo and thilo. they faught heroicly and slowly. until bat dilo and super dilo were left. the dilo avengers beat the justice dodo league. we were awarded with a loot and element. after the match i collected the dilo avengers demises and i got to place them in the hall of arks. we celebrated with some prime meat pies and mutton chops. i remembered the jeboa kid and went shoot i gotta breed those  jerboas. the next day i went to his base built into the desert ruins on rag. he was bust breeding raptors when i popped by and showed him his new and improved pikasquad. i also threw in a snow owl with a pokemon name and a flock of argents with pokemon colours and names. his tribe is ark of the pokemon so i think those creatures fitted him well. he later joined us in a few boss battles. the dodo dude came to my base challenging my dilo avengers to another match. this time he brough a rex called dark side. no dodos just a rex.  i kicked his but quite easily. a week later he for some reason bred and army of dilos and called them the dilo league. he challenged me to fight him. so i decided to reunite the dilo avengers. about 100 on each side and then for fun we got ten people on each team to fight aswell. we built an arena in the deserts. with my dilo avengers army on one side and dodo league on the other it seemed like the greatest battle ever. our ga,es were lagging so bad. i charged in with my pump leading the charge. as we charged the dude threw out a rex again called dark side. this guy loves his DC. anyway it starts charging at us. i run at the rex in tek armour. i pump him to the face instan killing him. i look at the lvl only lvl 50. form out the body chardes my dilos. one of the dodo league survivors pulled out a rocket launcher and decided to cheat and fire at my dilos. so now explosions and death was plaguing the battlefield. i throw one of those gravity grends and as a bunch of dodos are in one spot i rain hell onto them with a cluster grenade. after five mins of brutal combat we won with a handful of dodos left. the dodo lord dude got pissed and stormed off on his argent. he later posted billboard around the map saying dodos rule. this all started cause we hosted a small event. anyway it was fun and i still have the dermis of my avengers. the only one that lived was iron and spider dilo.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

to those who reacted confused to my post @d1nk. plz explain how u r confused. that way i can explain to it to you more simply. no offense or anything

Probably because it's a block of text, very hard to read. I am really not trying to be rude.. it's just very hard to read.. 

Separate with paragraphs makes it easier for people to follow. Also full stops at end of sentences makes it much easier to know you moved onto next statement. And spell check. 

Just my opinion.

I saw you quoted me in an earlier comment but I have a headache it was too much to read. 

I still do try to read it but it's very difficult. We all enjoy reading but sometimes a block of text bad spelling and grammar makes it difficult to follow.

Edited by SnowboundGem
Context
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Cymas said:

That's a tough one. Maybe you just straight need a break from Ark itself for awhile.

I've always thought about doing a no Engram run that would require supply drops/blueprints only for everything. If you really want to challenge yourself, do it without using your stat points either lol...

Or maybe taking some inspiration from Pokemon, a "monotype" challenge where you use only one type of creature, in your case "flying types" since you love argents so much. It does mean no bosses, but you could do a primitive challenge at the same time...maybe on hardcore mode if it seems too easy as is. And/or do it on SE so you can get wyverns and still do the manticore.

A break maybe a good thing I'm snowed under with work. Have tonsillitis and just got over my summer cold.

I've been trying to cram in everything this past 2 weeks and keep making a mess in game.

I noticed this morning I have been breeding rexes for a week on and off collected about 30 eggs.

Having cryoed the mut for health I've been breeding the wrong stats, how the f didn't I see that I've been breeding stam mut? I am pretty sure I remembered it being a melee mut which was why I kept it.

Think I killed the melee. FML I'm going stupid.. 

@SnowboundGem Sounds like your time would be better spent relaxing doing other things instead of getting frustrated in game. That's fine, it happens to everyone. Luckily it will all still be here when you get back. :) I would advise against wiping anything just yet, once you come back you'll find everything you're having an issue with right now is fixable and would have regretted wiping that map. It's fine for me because I've never been fully established on SP, only on servers so I've never deleted more than a few weeks worth of progress.

When it comes to mutations, personally I always name those to avoid confusion. So if I have a mutation it's something like "Stamina 1M" or "Melee 3F", denoting the stat, how many muts are stacking, and the gender so I can easily see what I need to do next to progress in the line. I name them as babies but never move out the old adults until the babies have grown up, just in case of accidents.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cymas said:

@SnowboundGem Sounds like your time would be better spent relaxing doing other things instead of getting frustrated in game. That's fine, it happens to everyone. Luckily it will all still be here when you get back. :) I would advise against wiping anything just yet, once you come back you'll find everything you're having an issue with right now is fixable and would have regretted wiping that map. It's fine for me because I've never been fully established on SP, only on servers so I've never deleted more than a few weeks worth of progress.

When it comes to mutations, personally I always name those to avoid confusion. So if I have a mutation it's something like "Stamina 1M" or "Melee 3F", denoting the stat, how many muts are stacking, and the gender so I can easily see what I need to do next to progress in the line. I name them as babies but never move out the old adults until the babies have grown up, just in case of accidents.

I never normally get frustrated I'm just having a bad few weeks. Since anniversary of my mum's passing. I've been super annoyed in game.

Hate that that seems to be a thing for me. Fyi from June 11 death to july 7 cremation = permanent bad mood. 

I did name them but I think because they were next to each other or I'm blind or stupid I made a mistake. I checked them, I do separate my keepers and cull the rest I sincerely made a daft mistake but I know all my current stock of eggs is wrong so more kibble.

Just have to breed last line again for the melee still have the parents in cryo. I always keep my work when breeding.

Mapwise I can just start a fresh map to change thing up challenge wise. I intend to keep my breeders lines I was so gutted because I thought I had culled them too. Bad day. ?

I agree a break is in order I will spend some time these next 2 weeks just relaxing at home. The game won't go anywhere. 

Definitely will join a server soon though.

And you said something @Cymas about windows 7 how come you didn't upgrade to win 10 or was that not an option for you? I am not even sure where that came up but I've been thinking about it 

@SnowboundGem It was an option yes but at the time the OS was not particularly stable, especially in regards to games. So I basically just ignored the upgrade. This computer was built about 5 years ago and runs Ark surprisingly well, but definitely needs an overhaul. I'm actually using Win7 Ultimate so I can run on 32 GB of ram, for some reason the home version throttles you to only 16...so dumb.

In any case I wouldn't be able to use Crossplay because I bought Ark through Steam, not the Windows Store, and I'm not about to buy this again when I have all of the expansions and whatnot already...so basically I don't currently see a reason to upgrade to Win10.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cymas said:

@SnowboundGem It was an option yes but at the time the OS was not particularly stable, especially in regards to games. So I basically just ignored the upgrade. This computer was built about 5 years ago and runs Ark surprisingly well, but definitely needs an overhaul. I'm actually using Win7 Ultimate so I can run on 32 GB of ram, for some reason the home version throttles you to only 16...so dumb.

In any case I wouldn't be able to use Crossplay because I bought Ark through Steam, not the Windows Store, and I'm not about to buy this again when I have all of the expansions and whatnot already...so basically I don't currently see a reason to upgrade to Win10.

No I understand not wanting to spend again was wondering what put you off sorry if it seemed monetary it really wasn't it was the upgrade to Windows 10 not the game as to why I asked. My last laptop glitches over any update since the upgrade, graphics card burnt out over nothing. My current one is a bitch to try to maintain I preferred version 7/8 to this windows hiccup every week. Auto update no control and half the roll backs are due to half installed glitches updates. I spend more time updating than using it.

6 minutes ago, Cymas said:

So basically it still isn't very stable lol. It's a running joke that Microsoft only produces a decent OS every other version. XP was great, 7 is very nice, Vista only worked on beefy machines, 8/Metro was utter trash, and 10 is still unstable? Sounds about right. 

AHH normally I would agree but my oh bought this laptop and basically doesn't understand them.should never be allowed near them.

My brother is the techy guy my other half is the shiney new kinda guy.

Normally my brother intervienes with Tec stuff but he was away so my new laptop is more dinosaur than ark.. my old laptop can be repaired less Dino. 

Edited by SnowboundGem

Well, here's my Ark confession.

I spent a considerable amount of time and virtually all of my resources last night building platform wedges for phase 1 of my base build last night. It was until I went to go set up that I learned a horrible truth: the snap points on the wedges have been broken since the Homestead update. I didn't know this because I wasn't an active player when that update dropped. There is a second mod built on the open source Platforms+ mod that based on the comments I read has only a 50% chance of actually working. But there is a known, in game workaround solution.

Rather than abandon my plan and likely scrap another playthrough entirely, I decided to use creative mode just to build the workaround "base" platform out of foundations...got carried away because it's been a long, long time since I did an actual build. And thanks to turning off foundation support requirements, I was able to have a little fun with the design too. I ended up building the entire outer shell instead of just the platform base.

sphighhide20190622052528_1.thumb.jpg.046df4be7428e93b18e5128fd480586c.jpg

So I guess I can't really say I'm doing the "Ultimate Ark" challenge anymore given the circumstances. I'd say it's more of a "relaxed Ascension" progression. Because life is too short to worry about mistakes made by poor game mechanics. I will say I did not spawn in anything I am not capable of building, so I don't have an industrial forge or anything stashed inside. Honestly it's virtually empty except for my dinos anyway, I haven't even moved everything over from the raft yet.

This is not my main base of course, it's just a "temporary" shelter that will eventually be housing just my support/utility dinos instead. Or something. Honestly I've never really worked with platforms before. The glass wedges in particular definitely give me JP Visitors' Center vibes. Love it.

I also tamed a few new animals. A pair of dodos for eggs basically so I can build a hatchery, and a beetle I came across while running the volcano cave, which did thankfully respawn.

• Like 4

Last night I wanted to make an extra set of TEK blueprint gear so i went about farming. Did a few big metal runs on Aberration then Netflix & Gacha'd for awhile. Got together with another server person and did a Gamma boss for some element. Upon leaving the arena my character was killed, losing half the element from the two bosses! 

We split the remaining then I mindwiped and made almost a full suit and crafted some nice new flak and a pump shot blueprint we got.

Went over to Rag to try and get some mutations on my theriz line. After a bit of debate I decided to start fresh and do it right this time. 

When I woke up I went and searched the Center for some Theriz. No luck after a few hours so I went onto Rag near blue obelisk. Got a 140 male, 150 female and a 130 female afte a few hours killing spawns. Luckily I got better melee and almost the same HP as my current line so im currently combining the stats to make a clean baseline for mutations

• Like 3

Tamed a level 480 velonasaur after increasing the difficulty to 20,  and started hitting for over 2 million damage with the left click attack! Next tame will hopefully be a anky so I can get kibble easier thanks to the FMK kibble mod!

Edit: upgraded the FMK mod's tranq dart/arrows torpor, from 150 on the arrows to 750, and the darts from 500 to 12500, so I can tame stuff easier

Edited by BusyEXE
Forgot to add more details of what I did

sptekrex20190622222750_1.thumb.jpg.6ddced2c0f3078ab7dd67e249d346ab9.jpg

This is the story of a rex. I know I said I wouldn't tame any more of them if spinos can do boss fights, but here on what was previously Ultimate Ark, the problem with spinos is their rarity. Finding enough high level ones to build a breeding line will take weeks if not longer. The current plan is to wait until Aberration, basically, and then bring the bloodline back. My current thought is after finishing the story it will basically turn into a standard cluster game.

So I started looking for rexes. Unfortunately my argent is far from a battle bird and we just weren't clearing areas fast enough. The best way to farm for rexes is with another apex predator to chew through the wild population. He's no 180, but I knew this tek rex was there because I actually tried to kill him before. My bird wasn't strong enough. He was a 132 wild who owned the volcano.

Luckily with so much hunting I had tamed a 145 argent recently and took it out with me, straight to volcano. We proceeded to battle this monster up and down the slopes, going as far up as the crater entrance. I've dealt with a lot of rampant animals in this game, but this rex was one of the squirrelliest ever. He eventually went down high up on the side of the crater itself, I had to actually parachute down to feed him. Broke a crossbow we used so many arrows.

Speaking of crossbows, I've had absolutely horrible luck with alpha drops. I tamed that rex fairly early on and was out and about killing every alpha I saw all day. Every single bow we got was a regular bow...until the very last alpha kill of the day, when we got a journeyman crossbow. I've also been raiding every purple and up drop, but no good longneck yet. Taming high level stuff with primitive gear is so painful.

Also got two yutys--one female for eggs, one 150 who ended up with 44 stamina, definitely breed quality there. Still need a male, hopefully with better HP. Tamed an otter, lost an otter, tamed another otter. Definitely need a female so I can use bred otters for caves. Need a breeding pair of barys. Need at least one basilo. Need allos for the snow cave. Possibly sabers for the cave the bary can't fit in. Need good saddles for all of them, better weapons, a hatchery...there is honestly so much to do still. I mean I don't have a time limit or anything but so much of this part of the game is new to me after so many fresh starts on servers, sp, etc...

Today's plan is basically more hunting. Not sure what to go after first, another yuty or just keep farming for rexes. I know the yuty won't really need a ton of breeding, I just happened to have spotted the 150 while out looking for argents around carno point.

• Like 3

Dejavu but....popped online to see if my new baby owl had survived the night. It had. 

Then had a notification that my new tribemate had been killed by a Theri on his island which was currently munching through his just finished wooden hut. So I flew over, killed the Theri and set about helping him repair the damage before heading back to my tree house and logging off for the day. 

• Like 1