So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

SP, "Ultimate Ark" - The Island

A very busy and productive day today. I had debated checking out Valguero but Syntac started a new series on it so I can watch that while doing my best to catch up to him. Obviously having finished The Island map already, he's very, very far ahead of me. But the advantage I have, besides UA being off for 2 weeks, is that I don't have an audience to pander to. He is definitely a good player but he has to play to his audience and that means a lot of wasted time on screen. At least from my observations.

Started off at level 30, obviously I want to get airborne as soon as possible so Bull farmed up tons of berries and we mass crafted narcotics. I also pre-fabricated an argent trap, then built a small taming pen up the beach, away from the sarco spawn point. Don't need a dinocroc sneaking up on me while I'm trying to tame, after all.

As soon as I hit 38 I crafted a ptera saddle and went hunting for one--got lucky, there was a 110 not too far up the coast from me. This is why I tamed an icthyornis. I KO'd the ptera, found a nearby dodo and used my seagull, Gulliver, to hunt it for prime meat. A nice quick tame. Then a very short trip north just into the edge of the snow to whack one crystal and make an awesome spyglass.

Luckily the ptera was just high enough level to carry my taming supplies. With the spyglass acquired we were able to scout for our next target immediately--an argent. At this point I'll take basically 100+ on anything just to get started. Found a 110 on the side of the volcano. Set my trap up over the entrance to the nearby cave, lured it in, KO'd it. Killed a nearby low level argent for prime, tamed the bird up. Dropped off my supplies at the raft, stripped down to the bare minimum of gear, and had the bird follow us north to the volcano.

Proceeded to fill the argent with as much metal as it could comfortable carry, then flew home. That net me a working total of about 500 ingots to play with once it's done smelting.

Unfortunately, Ark is Ark. The local sarco spawn was up by the time we got back, a level 90 that started attacking Bull as soon as he rendered in. I did my best to defend him with my ptera (the almost overloaded argent was simply too slow to get in on the action), but to no avail. But he gave as good as he got. With his final moments, Bull landed the kill shot on the sarco even as he himself died. My storage boxes were one hit away from breaking.

There is a fairly large unbreakable rock ridge not too far from us. After offloading the metal and collecting the sad remains of my trike, I led both ptera and argent up onto the safety of the rocks to sit for now. I parked my raft nearby, much farther away from the sarco spawn.

spultbirds20190618212738_1.thumb.jpg.ef12c721ba2a5ed82ee6779d8ab7b221.jpg

I did scout around for a new, stronger trike, but found nothing to tame.

Spoiled a bunch of meat to use up the rest of the narcoberries Bull had farmed for me. His sacrifice is not wasted. Ended my day doing some prep work for the next "episode".

• Like 2

helped some dudes do a dragon fight. they were using bred rexes with full muts. as we entered one of them was called to go have dinner. as we fough this dudes afk body is standing their. so i rush over to cover him. i am on my red and cyan thyla. i saved him and threw some ghillie on him to reduce aggro range. did not really work. he arrived to see the dragon kicking their a**. i am riley were sitting in the back. we were like the back up. if thye fail then we go in their and finish it off. just as they were to die the afk dude throws out a freakin giga, the others also use cryo pods aswell. i did not even know that was possible. all of a sudden their is a giga, mana, velano and  two bronts fighting the dragon, i decided to grab some food. i just sit there on my thyla watching as they kick a**. as they seem like they win the dragon glithes into the tames, stopping them from attacks while it is breathing on them. the minnions killed the dudes leaving their tames on passive. i said srew this. i threw out rexy and went and finished it off. while my friend whistles the dinos out. in the end it went well. i am doin cave runs right now collecting artifacts with my otters, winston and buzel (pokemon). i am holding a gun game event tomorrow. i am building a giant cube like structure. inside r artifacts. depending on the artifacts affects your scores. but there is a twist. u start off with a bow. you gotta weapons to kill the others with. if you get a kill you are allowed to recieve the next tier of weapons, a cross bow and so on. you get a stack of ammo and acs cloth armour for lols. we got the entire server joining us. i will be holding multiple rounds. the reward for the winning team is a hand full of artifacts and a mating pair of either rexes, megatheriums, theriz or rhinos. all for boss battle. 

• Like 1

Ragnarok 

Havent done much on Ark recently, been very unactive on it as I needed to step back from it for a bit. I did start up operations in our Ragnarok breeding barn which D1nk made up and started some raises. Raised 5 female rexes tonight as I appeared to have only male boss rexes ready to go. I at somepoint need to start preparations for our next attempt at the Tek cave at the weekend.

Also attempted to scrape together some of my own theri colours to combine them with our boss theri stats, I wanted to get some blues into my own theris. But I ended up accidentally hatching a our next health mut so we have gone from 8k to 8.3k health. Now need to work the health into the rest of the good stats as unfortunately the mut didnt get the rest of the good stats. Opps. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3

SP "Ultimate Ark" - The Island

Obviously having an argent is only half of the equation--without a saddle, the bird's utility is limited. So my first goal for today was to boost my levels by doing something I confess I've never done before: an alpha hunt. Sure, I've farmed plenty of them, but I've never actually killed one without help from a mount. I usually avoid guns outside of taming because I'm a bad shot. Took the ptera out and was very surprised he could carry me and all of my ammo. Flying around for a bit, finally spotted the alpha glow. A raptor attacking a trike, conveniently close to a rock. We perched, I dismounted and broke out my awesome spyglass to help me. It's a 135, wow. I hope I have enough ammo/durability for it.

Spoiler: I did, mostly by learning the value of headshots early on. So this veteran player did something new today.

Then I checked my levels and wow, 21 points to spend. I was catapulted up from 43 to 64 and this is on default exp rates too. Amazing.

Flew home happy, crafted up my argent saddle and it was straight back to work. We did not go metal mining, however. Instead we flew north to carno point. When I was there last night I had spotted a 110 doed and hoped it was still there. It was, but badly hurt from being in such a savage area. Carried him home and waited an eternity for him to heal up. Tamed and saddled with no issues.

Then we went on another mission skirting the edge of the snow. Eventually we acquired our next target, a 130 anky. Carried home, KO'd, tamed.

I would have liked to have found a beaver too but I was starting to get tired and the local beaver spawn produced nothing worth the effort.

Flew home after raiding the dams and collecting the pelt, upgraded my armor and put everyone to bed for the night.

spultutility20190619214355_1.thumb.jpg.34d7d4c4c920c9fa8608570fe219cf88.jpg

Unfortunately all of this activity does come with a price, I'm already nearly out of metal. I did make 2 more forges just to speed things up a bit and produce more charcoal, so I'll likely be putting them all to work in the very near future.

If you're wondering why I'm here and not where I said I would build my base, it's because I know from experience my base is not a safe area to leave tames until I have either a safety perimeter or the outer shell of the main base completed. Alphas occasionally wander in, among other things.

• Like 2

a cool tip for healing herbivores. hold a injured wild deadon and get near the wild herbivore u want to tame. the pig will heal the herbivore. a quite cool tactic to heal herbivores. i too wanted to do something different. i am doing pix ark style with taming. i cant tame a creature until i reach the lvl for it. i am on slightly boosted settings. 1.5 xp and all that. holy crap i take boosted for granted. i never like official stats unless i really want a challenge, found a mastercraft crossbow in a max lvl alpha raptor. its pack kept jumping me. i used 50 spears and about a stack of arrows to kill it. i knocked out all of its pack and penned them in, they were all high lvls. i am gonna leave them their to starve and wake up. i can now tame trikes, raptors, parasuars and anything else under lvl 30. i tamed a 145 trike. lost it to a rouge giga. knocked out a ptera and caged it. (i never siad i could not knock them out and trap them. a lvl 150 and a lvl 145 para. tamed a phiomia for early easy poop. tamed a mesopithicus, a small flock of dimorphs and a few dods (for eggs). i like to tame hordes of dinos early on when not playing on boosted worlds as it allows for higher success of survival. i like to hurry to a point were i have flak and fire arms, then i will slow down and play. i have developed a method to get me flak and fire arms in 2 hours. it is fool proof and pretty handy for pvp. anyway spotted a red and white rex i am gonna trap. so far i have traps all over the map. i have six argents knocked out and trapped. i had more knocked out but left the ones with the best stats. all the ones that had the best stats were male. so i left the two bbest females to be able to breed. i am working to make a small hatchery and make the minimum needed to hatch birds. i want a good bird as soon as possible. i went out scouting on Ducky and spotted an alpha rex ripe for the taking. he killed everything in his aggro range. he also fought a huge herd of bronts and kille dthem but for some reason did not heal when he ate them. i am gonna go in there once i got the raptors and finish him off.

• Confused 1

On 6/19/2019 at 5:13 AM, Kodking194 said:

helped some dudes do a dragon fight. they were using bred rexes with full muts. as we entered one of them was called to go have dinner. as we fough this dudes afk body is standing their. so i rush over to cover him. i am on my red and cyan thyla. i saved him and threw some ghillie on him to reduce aggro range. did not really work. he arrived to see the dragon kicking their a**. i am riley were sitting in the back. we were like the back up. if thye fail then we go in their and finish it off. just as they were to die the afk dude throws out a freakin giga, the others also use cryo pods aswell. i did not even know that was possible. all of a sudden their is a giga, mana, velano and  two bronts fighting the dragon, i decided to grab some food. i just sit there on my thyla watching as they kick a**. as they seem like they win the dragon glithes into the tames, stopping them from attacks while it is breathing on them. the minnions killed the dudes leaving their tames on passive. i said srew this. i threw out rexy and went and finished it off. while my friend whistles the dinos out. in the end it went well. i am doin cave runs right now collecting artifacts with my otters, winston and buzel (pokemon). i am holding a gun game event tomorrow. i am building a giant cube like structure. inside r artifacts. depending on the artifacts affects your scores. but there is a twist. u start off with a bow. you gotta weapons to kill the others with. if you get a kill you are allowed to recieve the next tier of weapons, a cross bow and so on. you get a stack of ammo and acs cloth armour for lols. we got the entire server joining us. i will be holding multiple rounds. the reward for the winning team is a hand full of artifacts and a mating pair of either rexes, megatheriums, theriz or rhinos. all for boss battle. 

Love the gun game you described. Great idea.

I'm so not feeling up to playing at the moment. Don't really know why, just no enthusiasm and the grind is wearing me down.

I'm at the tek stage have everything I need, I just got fed up. I'm sick of seeing my base lol, sick of hearing the Dino's cluttering my base, sick of the same thing everyday. 

Considering a fresh wipe and different map.

Will be doing a tree base on next play through but need some inspiration for a play style not pve/pvp.

I mean something different example: no tames or only to tame at saddle unlock not straight away.

Also  thinking of turning down some rates to keep me busy longer.

Something to challenge me and keep me interested. I don't want to jump from map to map I'm not a fan of ab or extinction maps. So have the island, rag, scorched, center to choose from.

Also I absolutely will not go in water in the game I hate it. 

Does anyone mind sharing some ideas with me? 

7 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

I'm so not feeling up to playing at the moment. Don't really know why, just no enthusiasm and the grind is wearing me down.

I'm at the tek stage have everything I need, I just got fed up. I'm sick of seeing my base lol, sick of hearing the Dino's cluttering my base, sick of the same thing everyday. 

Will be doing a tree base on next play through but need some inspiration for a play style not pve/pvp.

I mean something different example: no tames or only to tame at saddle unlock not straight away.

Something to challenge me and keep me interested. I don't want to jump from map to map I'm not a fan of ab or extinction maps. So have the island, rag, scorched, center to choose from.

I have a separate character for each server on my cluster allowing me to have multiple play throughs at the same time (6-7). I tend to pick whichever one I’m in the mood to play as opposed to focusing on one then moving on to the next.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

I have a character on each map just need a fresh start it seems I have already built in my preferred base locations on every map. ?

Hence the clean map requirement.

No fliers really spices the game up. I did mammals only too. 

Try out no fliers on the server, will be a fresh wipe and we have all those maps ;)

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

No fliers really spices the game up. I did mammals only too. 

Try out no fliers on the server, will be a fresh wipe and we have all those maps ;)

I'm yet to jump on I am just trying to figure out what I need to challenge me. I have to fly it's a must I just can't live without my argies haha

Legacy The Island

Uh, haven't been here for ages. So, let's start.

Got nice gigas which can manage purple OSD, enjoying the looties and exp.

Got carried by a very kind friend and ascended on Abberation.

Got back to breeding colours and stats together, working on theris, gigas, otters, snowls. More important, finished water base and started breeding basilos with mosas, that's gonna be interesting and profitable!

Bought 200 tek lights for I cannot craft them myself. Seems that 100 or so are missing, Hope I didn't lose them, my tribemate's gonna be mad :c

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

That's a tough one. Maybe you just straight need a break from Ark itself for awhile.

I've always thought about doing a no Engram run that would require supply drops/blueprints only for everything. If you really want to challenge yourself, do it without using your stat points either lol...

Or maybe taking some inspiration from Pokemon, a "monotype" challenge where you use only one type of creature, in your case "flying types" since you love argents so much. It does mean no bosses, but you could do a primitive challenge at the same time...maybe on hardcore mode if it seems too easy as is. And/or do it on SE so you can get wyverns and still do the manticore.

• Like 1

Ive slacked off the last few times ive been playing havent been recording it! 

A quick summary of what I remember:

Been on Rag mostly. Been prepping for another Tek cave and also been just finishing the base off on Rag. I kind of abandoned it with Ab release on the cluster and now that ive almost gotten caught up on what I wanted to do there ive been spending some time on rag. Have been doing lots of trades with server folk. We have most of the good BPs and breed lines so ive been selling stuff for Red Sap to make our drake saddles. 

Last night I combined some stats on our theriz line and did an outstanding trade - a server member gave us rights for two baby tuso (one for me one for saltire) and last night I finally got over to her place to grab mine. Sweet underwater tek cube in a cave! Claimed my tuso, cryod it for later and went back to base. Finished imprinting on a Theriz then hopped servers for a bit. Brought our Theriz saddle to rag and jumped over to Ab to grab 10k ingots and threw em in the cloud. 

Got back to Rag and made two theriz saddles, making my boss squad back up to 5 strong. Still a long way to go to get back to fully operational for boss farming. Honestly we have been doing veins for element lately. 

With Valguero announced were now not sure if we want to continue efforts on Rag. We love the map but the memory leak and general laggyness of the server is offputting. Admin figures it wont even last a year this time. Currently im going to spend some time on Rag just to use the facilities I built until it gets closer to valg release for consoles.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

could do what i am doin, here is an idea. go nomad style like GE did in rag season 2 or 3 cant rember. i done that it is so fun. caus ei had no real base it sort of prevented me from taming end fgame tames like rexes until the very end. also i am building my base on my cluster like world. i tamed a horde of bronts. bout 10 of them. picking out the best stat ones and i have an idea for the rest of them. on my Ultimate ark world i got to the lvl to tame a ptera, made a small stone base. i have trapped and knocked out a high lvl beaver, deodic and anky. the mountian by red woods has small bird traps all around it lol. i have bout 6 birds trapped. anyway if you want to start fresh i suggest when val comes out for console you just wipe all maps and boom start fresh on val. if ya plahy on Xbox @SnowboundGem you could join us on our server for the events on the school holidays comin up for me and my friend. we made a hunger games areana and a whole bunch of other cool things. after we are going to get everyone to upload what they want to keep and then we r wiping the server. i will only be taking my most precious creatures.