So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Was a productive day last night! Started off puttering around the base. Did a big metal run then hit up the surface near Fertile. Came back and went around the river killing crabs and such for poly. Spotted a 135 abb spino and decided to tame it. Kited it to the public trap near and knocked it out. I dont like this trap lol, pitfall trap but without a gate to stop ravagers from jumping in. It tamed out with 5.7k hp, higher than our Ab line! 

I was out leveling my reaper waiting for 90% nights and happened across a 150 crab! Ran back to base and made up a catapault turret, some gates and finally installed the crab trap ive been meaning to do. As usual this trap rocks and got the crab out with 0 problems. Tamed out with really high weight and better melee AND HP than my current crabs! Score! Threw that baby to the center to get cloned. 

Hopped over and premade a bit of tek stuff. Cloned the crab and made a transmitter to help my next plan: Red Zone surface teleport! Went back to Ab and prepared. Headed down to the Rad zone and after a long while of being lost (hate this place) i made it to the surface entrance. Placed my teleport and a small hut half way up the wall and went up for a quick bit because it was still a few hours left of 50% night.

Hopped back to base to wait for a 90% night. The ARK gods werent in my favour and I hit 3 90% days in a row! 3 hours waiting finally hit 90 night. Headed out and got lucky with two 90% nights on the best surface area after. Came home with an awesome haul, mustve hit over 30 drops! Good loot including: a 350+ pump bp, asc karkinos saddle bp, asc basilisk saddle bp and other goodies! No luck with a drake saddle but now with some experience at rad surface ill get it in no time! 

• Like 2

I delivered a squid only to disconnect and die on the way home. My body must have fell through the map because there was nothing zip nada no body to recover. Good bye squid. Last week, a level 5 megalodon spawned inside my 20x24 double and triple block solid metal walls water pen and killed a high level angler in the middle of 3 crabs and 4 basilos all on neutral.  Week before that, 5 dinos shoulder to shoulder. 3 rex, 2 golems, all on neutral, rex in the middle "was killed".

My dinos don't die from gameplay.

The mechanics, bugs, disconnects and all the other problems NOT gameplay make this unplayable.

Edited by Thorzuul
  • Sad 2
  • Facepalm 1

@Kodking194 @HenryManson Thanks for the advice. I appreciate it, but believe me I'm no stranger to taming. It was more taking a shot at an opportunity, that argent was flying around by the redwoods outpost I was building and I figured I would try to grab it.

Speaking of argents, I did a thing today:

spcyanargent20190615213206_1.thumb.jpg.51d49a8aad6cb1f2468aefe945e59f54.jpg

I tamed a new argent. In fact, I tamed 4 new argents. One thing that's always kind of bugged me is feeling like I'm playing backwards. That is to say, how we all grind out all kinds of mats and build super fancy bases to breed all of these incredibly strong animals...which we then no longer need, because we already built our mega bases...

My mining outpost is naturally a great starting point for higher tech items so I went ahead and built a few things. You can also see the beetle I tamed in the background, took my bary to the volcano cave and basically tamed the first one I saw so I can now freely run my S+ hatchery.

And I started breeding the argents I tamed, because why wouldn't I want an early start on one of the most important utility animals in the game? This gorgeous bird is not my final build, he just happened to pop out with a color mutation I loved. Even without my best all of his stats trump my level 90 wild tame, obviously, and he is fully imprinted too. Got lucky, he's a cuddly death machine. I have gotten some other mutations, but I killed those ones off cause they weren't pretty.

The currently growing generation of birds should be the last I need to build my final breeding pair before I start working on mutations for real. Honestly I could stand to look around for another high level wild or two, I'm not happy with my weight stat. The bird above actually got a weight mutation, the base stat was 40, very low for a bird. All the other base stats for this line are 45+ with the exception of food and oxygen, which I dropped out of the line entirely with a low level argent mixed in.

I also tamed a 145 ptera and left it at my starter base as basically my "rescue ranger" in case the game crashes and I die again, necessitating another retrieval of my body and bird. Which did actually happen again last night. I ended up verifying my files just in case, it's so incredibly rare for me to crash in SP. I'll replace it with a tapejara eventually.

Also, I guess this is the argument the admin on the server I play on is making, that people will overbreed and lag out the server. I've got my settings turned way up (obviously) but I'm hardly drowning in argents. At most I have about 7 alive at any given time, well 8 now. The 3 birds of the current generation, the 3 of the next generation, my new main bird and the old one that I'm feeling too sentimental to retire just yet. So yes, clearly I would be flooding the server. ?

• Like 3

Island-Single Player-PS4

Pretty solid last day or so. Gathered about 1.5K Crystal, 1.5k Obsidian, and around 5k metal. Went out and tamed two argy’s and a saber. Then decided to move base locations. Was able to successfully move all my Dino’s to the new spot. My word, I never want to do that again. So to keep track, it’s 6 Dilo’s, 2 lystro’s, 2 ptera’s, 2 argy’s, 1 Trike, 1 Sarco, 1 Spino, 1 Saber, and as of a few minutes ago, 1 Thero. Built a massive pen, using the land. Two stones in front that are at each edge of the gate opening up to the water, and there’s a half cut down tree in the middle of the pen lol. Very happy with it. Got the base built and everything back inside. Gonna work on an aviary and a water pen ASAP so I can move the Dino’s that shouldn’t be in the “land pen”

@SnowboundGem your posts made me a lot more aware of using the land and what it has to offer to my advantage, and not getting rid of certain trees, stones, etc, so thank you for that

Edited by MaverickAU
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, d1nk said:

Do you use a chat pad? If so the bottom 2 buttons beside space bar are Picture / Video capture... i have hundreds of pics because of it lol

Otherwise maybe when using glow button to check time irl or messages etc and hitting start or select

Yes I do. 

I usually have a cat trying to sit on my lap when I play he also has a habit of leaning on buttons. So he might require some credit here. ?

I haven't been on my game for about a week. Life's really hectic ATM with work still enjoying reading about everyone's eventful days.

@Cymas I hear what your saying in regards to only having a few birds. Dino's etc and wanting to breed but being restricted by server admin. 

I'm not sure how many play on your server but maybe if everyone had no restrictions or strict settings, it could be laggy due to multiple people over breeding.

Not that I'm assuming you would go mad without restrictions, just saying that some people pay no attention to others.

Some people go nuts or people forget to turn off mating and leave for a weekend away etc, coming back to a base full of dire wolf babies. Server lag, unable to move due to low fps.. 

Maybe not I dunno...  It's just an assumption. Based off what I have read or seen from other people who have experienced this. 

Resulting in a very cautious admin.

I do hope one day it lets up a bit for you though. 

Oh and your colour mut is lovely. I never get cyan, I always get magenta for some reason on my argents.

So since I have woken up at 6.30 on a Sunday and don't have work today. I may get time to play later. 

• Like 1

Scorched Earth

Had a productive day yesterday. Tamed a low level Morellatops just so I could gather some berries to tame a Doedicurus but also as a means to get water until I move near a water well or build a massive irrigation systems.

Once I had a sufficient amount of mejo berries and narco berries, I went out looking for a Doedicurus. Flew around on the Wyvern for some time until I spotted a 145. Perfect. Finished building my starter base, a 3x3 adobe hut, honeycombed with a stone exterior for more durability.

Went out to hit a few drops on my Wyvern and on my venture, spotted an extinction chronicle explorer note. Without any hesitation, I immediately flew out into the desert to hunt Deathworms. I was in luck because I managed to kill 2 before the XP buff wore of, netting me loads of levels and I’m now high enough to at least access the red supply drops.

Hit a few more drops and received a MC Thorny Dragon saddle. Obviously at this point you can see what my next plan of action was. After spotting level 10’s and 20’s, I found a 110 not far from my base. Hit a few more drops and went back to find that 110. Lost it, damn. Went back out and found a 130 instead. What a find. Brought it back to base and tamed it. Logged off happy I’ve made a great step in progress.

• Like 3

holy crap did i have a great weekend. so we were preeping for the king titan, taming the titans killing them all that good stuff. we had the entire server pitching in. so we summoned the king titan to fight it and holy crap, it looks bigger in game then when ya watch a vid. anyway we form M.O.M and decided to use only meks and titans, we had our a*** handed to us, 2nd try, we used tames, we had a squad of gigas, an army of rexes and brontos along with a swarm of owls and argents (about 100) we sent them all in with a few mighty hit the gigas raged, we  called the bronts and rexes out and left the gigas, after they died we sent them back in to finish it off. when all of them were dead we sent in out 30 man mek army led by M.O.M and holy damn. they were all acs meks and we got hammered hard, only M.O.M made it out alive, we sent in the titans, we managed to kill it with only the desert and ice titan along with M.O.M remianing. we had about 50 odd people. now we are goin to be doing a special event where we summon multiple bosses in to fight at once. i know it sounds like cheating but we managed to get the admin to aallow us to do so for the entire server. 

• Like 2

@SnowboundGem That was more or less the admin's argument. My counter argument is that there is a way around the long mating interval timer--by keeping more breeding animals out of cryopods in order to produce more eggs. So what causes more lag, people continually breeding on short timers, but being able to keep fewer animals and cull constantly as their lines improve, or using default timers and forcing players to keep an exponentially greater amount of animals to accomplish their goals in the same timeframe? The admin also believes the myth that breeding multiple animals to the same male increases the timers on each female, but it's always been random.

Their other argument is being against instant gratification, which doesn't exist on Ark. I spent literally all day hatching argents between other things and advanced my lines by a total of 4 mutations. Wow, so totally instant right? Because of RNG even small projects could take weeks to accomplish, and they want to argue that it's instant while also allowing the use of the S+ mutator. Unreal.

It is however a great way to keep the server population down as people play on unofficial to avoid the official grind, especially breeding. It sucks, I really like the community but this style of adminning just doesn't sit well with me. Which is why I'm back on SP even though I miss the social aspects of the game.

Anyway, pretty quiet day today. Mostly argent breeding, farming. Tamed a few things. Got a snail, a bear and a sheep, also made an industrial forge and chem bench. I'm using the Syntac method of leveling so I've been able to progress quite rapidly through levels and also greatly level up my cyan argent, beaver and bary. Most of what I'm doing is prep for building an actual breeding base as I'm currently operating out of essentially my mining outpost.

As far as the argents go I am actually doing proper mutation stacking on them, so each stat mutation is a separate line to be combined later on. Working on melee and hp right now. I don't have enough space to do stamina, and I'm holding off on weight until I get at least a 45+ tame to work in. Currently have 2 HP and 2 melee mutations.

• Like 2

@Cymas I 100% see where your coming from, I was trying to understand if what I mentioned was their pov. It's a shame they don't just trial your suggestion.

I am confused about the timer issue you mentioned for breeding same females to same males.

This sounds odd I wonder where that started.. maybe your admin needs to actually listen more to the players.

I have always done this while breeding, my sp timers are about 30 mins. Never seemed any different. That's enough for me when I have argents, rexes, thylas, etc. All breeding at once.

I want to get set up on a server but I haven't stopped in a week. I have tonsillitis and a cold so I've also been asleep super early every day too. Hoping I will feel better this week. I'm feeling tired just writing this.

Syntac posted a vid last night in regards to mut stacking. It's good. 

I'm not sure if there maybe a better server out there for you. I personally wouldn't want to move after investing all that time but i would if this was happening to me and I wanted better results. 

In regards to instant gratification does the admin actually play ark? It's not a thing! Not unless in creative all the time.

Even boosted sp I have spent nearly 3 years on the same game character. 2 full lines of boss rexes, and many others just for convinience. This year is the first time I have done it for colour.

I keep 3 chambers full of cryoed Dino's as my base gets cluttered and it becomes a massive challenge feeding everyone.

I think I'm going back to sleep now. Have a good day.. ?

• Like 1

@SnowboundGem I'm not the only one who has suggested it, but every time someone brings it up they freak out.

The myth is that breeding multiple females to the same male will increase the mating cooldown timer to each successive female. But that fails a logic check immediately because multiple females can breed with a single male at the same time. It's also a level of coding that would be excessively unnecessary given that there already is a "penalty" for inbreeding in the form of the mutation counter. The cooldown timers do have a range, it's much less noticeable with increased timers but very noticeable on defaults. The cooldown can be 18 hours to 2 days on each female on official settings. I wasn't even asking for crazy short timers, just for them to match the maturation rates on the server so the females are off of cooldown by the time the next generation grows up. Depending on species that's 5-6 hours, even every 12 hours would be fine since most of us work during the week anyway.

I have a sneaking suspicion the mating interval is tied to the server longevity--it's a Patreon sponsored server so of course the longer people play and sponsor the server, the more money they get. And most people follow the sunk cost fallacy, so by the time they realize they made a horrible mistake they've already invested too much into the server to stop, even though it's an incredibly frustrating experience. It's definitely not just me, even the server sponsors are in agreement and the admin is flat out refusing to listen to them. What they don't realize is that yes, they keep their sponsors, but it kills the rest of the server community, which is already happening. All of the friends I've made on the server so far have either not been playing recently or moved servers. You will not find any information about that setting in particular anywhere in the Discord and it's not something you would immediately think to look for because if breeding rates are already increased, reasonable assumption is that mating is too...

I've started over many, many times so I'm much less invested than most PVE players, I guess. I was actually on an unofficial for about 2 years when the game first released in early access, it was one of the best community experiences I've ever had. It was a big community, dynamic, population was there because it was supported by (but rarely played on) by a YTer. I've made good friends, even got a new job because of this server. But eventually the YTer stopped advertising it, we had some issues requiring a few wipes, and politics eventually killed the server. It was dead long before it was shut down for good.

I've been drifting looking for a good server since then, just haven't found anything. I'm very particular about mods and rates so finding a low mod server with relatively low rates is tough. When my friend M is able to play again we plan to play together, but his computer is a potato and can't handle more than 5-6 mods. And we just don't like stuff like the classic/speedy flyers mod which automatically disqualifies a huge number of unofficials.

This is actually why I've never finished most of the game content, because I just haven't found anywhere to settle. And I play Ark the way I played Pokemon--if I feel like things are not progressing in an ideal way I will often restart from scratch again and again. It's that midgame grind that gets me every time. I've already been thinking of doing it here on my SP because I don't like the way my redwoods base turned out...

• Like 1

What I did today.

Decided to fire up the old ark and try again to get some where on the war zone of official pvp. Spawn my lvl 125 char onto rag and quickly get the free tools around blue ob and harvest a couple bobs for supplies. I craft a raft  sail to the highlands to knock a 150 ptera and proceed to hide in a bush for the next hour. While I’m in the bush the server pops goes up from 1 to 8 And I witness a tribe farming wyyvern eggs on gigas from my bush with my sleeping tera some how now being detected.

i tame it up transfer to scorced thinking I’ll farm some drops for easy kit. I run to red and pull my tera just in time to see a meat run Rex shoot past. I hop on fly away and proceed to stalk the rex I see the guys naked but at this stage I’d kill for a cryo so I’ll pick him but he’s fat so i drop him and barrow roll killing him, my Tera popped with 360 melle lol I loot him and find a cryo but I was heavy with a rex eating me so I stored the cryo and dropped the rest which at a glance looks trash (I hope) and I fly to a hidey spot just in time too see a lighting wyyvern and an argy arrive to get me so I run to the canyons and lose them.

AN hour or so later after farming more drops to get five million oil pumps I decide to just look for a sneaky spot to do a little crafting. I fly around the mountains on the verge of giving up due to severe heat stroke when I come across the bobest base on a mountain no turrets but the same rex and argy . I quickly scout it out and see another char from the same tribe force feeding the argy I swoop down and pick but they lag back out of my feet, I go for stam come back and see them on the argy pick them again and drop them off the mountain they was naked so I wasn’t hopeful I quickly check the body to find a single cryo...221 lighting wyyvern I run my ass off hiding in th crystal cave while a sand storm hits. Good start but now its 1am and the misses wants to watch a quiet place I ob my loot and log for the night. Day one : Winning. 

Edited by LE4SoDeadly
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2019 at 10:46 AM, Aikar said:

semi-lost my reaper last night. Was in drake pit and trying to climb back up to top (that one area a spino can reach), messed up the jump and went hurling towards the end of that nook (anyone been down there you know that emptyish area past the yellow egg area)

Well at the end of that dead end is a giant dino swallowing hole, that my reaper conveniently perfectly landed in as I missed the jump above and to the left towards those upper nest.

It's stuck in a fall animation, can't do anything. Friend was able to go get his drake and back it up just enough for me to board and evacuate with the good drake eggs/suits at least.

Now I await the slow support process hoping a GM responds before the reaper dies of starvation :(

Can you go back there and cryopod the Reaper?

Modded Map: The Chasm

So I decided to try out some mods on my PC version of ark, went with S+, Builder's helmet, Frogmac's kibble table, and awesome spyglass, on a modded map that is very similar to aberration! Killed rockwell with no problems whatsoever, thanks to the admin blink rifle.

I also tried getting Parados and Gaia for the new dinos, but decided it wasn't wasn't worth trying on extinction.

PS4 - UNofficial Easy E server.

So About 6 weeks ago, I joined a Unofficial server with really easy Element crafting. Boosted drops, and max level dinos at level 900.  It was the Ragnarok map. I built up a huge base, tamed and started breeding up a Tek  rex army along with other dinos.

I played it for about 3 weeks then discovered it was clustered with Extinction and Abberation maps. So I made a small outpost on Extinction. Then 2 weeks ago, I decided to build a decent outpost on Abberation. I spent a full Sunday building a nice base on ABB. I then logged in a few days later to find out that the Abberation map had been replaced by The Island map. I was disappointed about losing that base, but I had already tamed a handful of ABB dinos and transferred them to my main base at Rag, so all was well.  I saw an admin on and commented about how I lost a new base on Abberation. She mentioned she was sorry, that they had forgotten to post a server message, warning about the ABB map going away. To make up for it, she let me pick a dino from the shop for free. (So I picked a Reaper)

So a week ago, I spent a bunch of time building up a nice base on The Island.

Well this weekend I tried to log into the Server, and the Rag map is nowhere to be found. I was able to log into the Island map, but because my character was on Rag when I last logged out, I cannot access that player or all of those dinos/supplies (and my  new Reaper) . And that ALSO means I cannot access my base on the Island!  

I never saw an admin on while playing this weekend, so I cannot ask if Rag map is gone, or just offline for a couple days.  Since I've never operated a public server, I don't know why a server would offline for 2 days. But I pray that it comes back. Otherwise, my near max level army of Boss Tek Rexs, my max level Ptera bloodline, and Gigas are lost, and I was soooo close to taking the Rexs into the boss arena (that was the plan this weekend!)  Not to mention I lost my max level Ice and Fire wyverns that were 100% imprinted.

With only Extinction and The Island on the cluster currently, there is no way to get wyverns.

Now I know people will say "That is why you don't play official", but I really wish they would have at least warn us about server maps going away.

Had I been prepared about it going away, I would have transferred character and all supplies to The Island base.

oh well, I will try again tonight, and pray that the Rag map is back online.

• Like 1

i freakin killed i giga on foot today. so since our tribe lead the fight to kill the alphas, we have been made the alpha admin tribe, meaning we handle disputes and fights and other problems, a dude only in flak caame to us on a terra saying he needed help with  giga that was closing in on his base. i went over there on my thyla to scout out i saw nothing, then out of nowhere it started attacking me. so i run away and come back on foot, it was too far to go back and get a thyla and i was not going to risk my thyla, so i take out my shoty and start pelting it with shells. after bout 100 possibly more i killed it, the beach bob had dissapeared. i was flying back home when a tribe on owls approached me saying that i had killed their giga. i said i dealt with a giga that was terrorizing a noob. they said that noob onpurposly wanted it dead cause they did not recruit him to their tribe. i apoligised and went to find the beach bob. i found him punching sheep. i went down and talked to him. he adi that yes he tricked me into killing their giga cause he wanter revenge. i kncocked him out and put him in the, he has o stay their for a week. i know it dounds harsh but on our server gigas go fo a high price. and that giga was max lvl. anyway i tamed some raptors and bred out blue (from jurrasic world). we went and lvled then i logged off. my friend was busy on somehting so he could not play and none of my Friends were online. i am going on this afternoon to help a tribe through the caves on each map, the i am going to help that tribe find another giga, honestly in these times i fell like i only play online to help others, i barley do my own thing now. ah well i like helping :)

SP, "Ultimate Ark" - The Island

So, I did it. I wiped my SP and started over again. Not completely though, I did make a back up of the old save. I also uploaded my cyan argent. Not going to DL him yet or anything but he is kind of my banner bird right now.

Set my exp to default rate, then started fresh.

Basically I'm doing the same challenge Syntac is, just without the obvious YT specific restrictions. Also still using my upped SP settings because he is doing his solo run on a server so certain things will not progress in the same way for me. Other than that, same basic rules and progression. Official story maps only, starting from The Island progressing through to Extinction map by map. 3 creatures allowed from each previous map on Extinction to start off with, but start each other map with nothing except my character and levels/Engrams.

For this challenge I couldn't think of a better spot to start out than what is basically home to me. So I spawned West 3, but ended up a little bit stuck. A chalico and icthyornis flock on one side, a theri on the other. So I waited them out by doing whatever I could in my limited strand of beach. Got to level 16, made a raft and headed across to the peninsula. Tamed a trike and an icthyornis, which I will need for my preferred tames before I have access to good kibble.

Tons of seagulls and my bad aim eventually pushed us inland almost to the mouth of the bay. Luckily the local sarco spawn was not up.

Already out of primitive tier. Level 30 with plenty of basic supplies. And a lucky tek para find/kill to get an early jump on electronics.

My plan is to start here and rebuild the Arkanus yet again. It was my original base on my first unofficial, I was there for about 1.5 years, nearly the life of the server. Situated at around 58 15, it's the two ridges above the bay, the base itself on the upper ridge. The Arkanus 1.0 was a base built in metal before S+, beavers or even frogs/the swamp existed. I built a metal base by grinding all that cementing paste out by hand. Everyone thought I was crazy. Then the giga came out and everyone was freaking out because it was PVE and no one had built proper base defenses against anything...except me, the sole survivor with a metal base on the server. Turned out to not be a big deal, but it was pretty funny watching global blow up while I was safe behind massive metal walls, just two behemoth gates. I still have a video tour of it up on my long defunct YT channel, actually. Those were the days.

Arkanus 2.0 was a stone version of the base I started on a relatively fresh official before deciding it was too much grind and leaving the official life behind for good.

The Arkanus 3.0 will be essentially the final, fully upgraded version of this base, completely tek and full S+ building improvements, with vastly increased knowledge and experience with the building mechanics. Obviously I won't be starting out that way, but I'll have plenty of time to smooth out the complete overhaul and redesign of this base. It had everything available at the time, but introduction of new items (like the industrial forge, yes I built a metal base without one of those either) forced numerous off the cuff layout changes that left things a bit of a mess. And I know some tek stuff like the replicator and the cloning chamber are huge, so I need to account for that in the new build.

I'll also be completely redesigning the original hatchery that was also housed within my territory, in fact I'm thinking of doing 2, possibly 3 cliff platforms. And I can rebuild my spino launch ramp/dock to be a fancy shmancy elevator...honestly I'm pretty hyped up for all of this. But I probably won't do a lot of it until I'm done with the challenge run and have all of the Tekgrams and such at my disposal.

For now, I've got a long way to go.

spultimatearkbeginning20190617215845_1.thumb.jpg.6babe4b31dbe5750a0ee9bb65b26c932.jpg

• Like 4

nice job @Cymas, i to am doing a syntac aswell. i am doing his cluster series pretty much going to different servers. i am on rag right now on singal player. just tamed myself a nice little 150 ptera to use as a lure for my permenant bird cage. i am located on the plautue above the beaver dam, across from the castle iond above  the area where u will find bronts, rexes and other nasty things. i have a trike, raptor, parasaur, stego, carno, icthyornis, pego, compy, dimorph, ptera and a lvl 10 griffin. tamed for colours. i mass tamed a horde for protection. i keep having bat swarms aggro all the way from the castle. i scared to go by with my ptera incase i get swarmed. i really need plant X's. my parasuar is the radar. i said screw grinding for tools. i went to viking bay and swam down and got myself the tools. went and killed a lvl 60 tek rex with camobird (ptera) and went into ice cave to get a few early drops. i now got an asc rifle and an asc shoty. both not OP but nothing to sneeze at either. i foiund a max lvl basilo in the bay. gonna mutton tame it and go for toxin soon. so far so good. i plan on moving to highlands to set up a base there soon, but their is a lvl 145 giga on the shores, a lvl 140 near wyvern area where i wanna build, and a lvl 150 (max lvl) near the red woods side. i gotta tame all of them as i got nothing to kill them with. i snuck into the cravas and got a lvl 180 egg. is that max lvl bty for max dino lvl 150. i not sure. anyway i sicked the giga on the wyverns and alpha wyvern. that thing chewd them in a matter of mins. i now have the egg in preserving bin. i am making the stuff needed to hatch it, it is a poison one bty. honestly i may have those gigas tamed by the end of the month at my pace. i am heading off to my friedns to hang out with him again. we are gonna help out some dudes on the server we done the raid on.

Today, and all weekend, I've been reworking my base on the island.  because I am trying to keep resources safe around me (stone, metal, trees) I've extended my base off shore giving myself a large 22x24 platform addition to the base,  Know I've placed well over 600 pillars for supports, placing them from the ceilings all the way down to the seafloor every 2 ceilings.  Most of todays construction was working on the exterior wall on the front half of the base area, a 2 foundation wide wall with a slanted ceiling.  Pillars 4 high every 2 walls, stone walls 2 high, then greenhouse windows, then wooden walls and finally the slanted roof.   One section I placed a behemoth gate, which will have a bridge coming off of it toward the main land,  I plan on making it look fancy too.   Tore down some of the buildings inside the wall and got all the foundation blocks lined up.  still much to do though, only about 1/3rd of the exterior wall is done in total.   Once the exterior wall is completed, the plan is to move all the vaults from the last two buildings into my tower, then pull down the misaligned buildings and rebuild the ground area so its all lined up.  Then, inside the wall area there will be several buildings to house dinos and different production areas, and a few personal houses for tribesmen to live in. at the back of the base there is a large tower that was built up prior starting the rebuild of the main area, and before starting on the walls, I built 4 gacha pens that house a pair of gacha and 5 owls each to  mass produce Element Dust, Obsidian, Crystal and Organic Polymer.   Being that the resources nearby are safe from being blocked, it will be easy to feed the gacha.  I also extended my baby pen out and made it abit larger inside so that I could keep larger dinos in it longer before moving them outside, like rexs and yuty. Its got a  tek gen with 2 tek troughs that cover the full length of the building for feeding those inside and just outside of the hatchery.

Its been a week 1/2 project so far with everything that's been done, but I think its coming along nicely, and the idea of making it look more like a town rather then a big building (now that less kibble dino's are needed) I think will work in nicely.  Some people have given me some nice complements to what I've been doing there, so its keeping me building, I do like building :)

PS4 - Unofficial - Easy Element Server

Great news!  I logged on last night, and the Ragnarok server was back online after at least 2 days offline. I was obviously relieved, and after loading up on supplies, I transferred over to the Island map, to get some dinos and supplies distributed on that map.  I then spent the next 2 hours looking for a Rex on the Island. In that entire time, I found 1 low level Rex. That is all.

Some idiots have completely covered Carno island in tek forcefields and tek turrets killing all wild dinos. The same tribe has random tek turrets set up in virtually every Rex/Giga spawn across the entire map.  :(

I will certainly bring this up to the ADMIN next time I see one on, as this really ruins it for everyone else.  In the meantime, I will transfer over some of my Tek Rexs from RAG, so I can do boss runs on the Island.

It was a short night online.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Unofficial - Easy Element Server

Great news!  I logged on last night, and the Ragnarok server was back online after at least 2 days offline. I was obviously relieved, and after loading up on supplies, I transferred over to the Island map, to get some dinos and supplies distributed on that map.  I then spent the next 2 hours looking for a Rex on the Island. In that entire time, I found 1 low level Rex. That is all.

Some idiots have completely covered Carno island in tek forcefields and tek turrets killing all wild dinos. The same tribe has random tek turrets set up in virtually every Rex/Giga spawn across the entire map.  :(

I will certainly bring this up to the ADMIN next time I see one on, as this really ruins it for everyone else.  In the meantime, I will transfer over some of my Tek Rexs from RAG, so I can do boss runs on the Island.

It was a short night online.

They would be banned so fast on our server.. what the actual bleep....Why would someone do that lol

• Like 1