So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Hopped on for a few hours last night. Started on Ab. Finished my 2nd reaper that was raising and then went for a surface loot run. Nothing noteworthy but did get a primitive climbing pick bp with really high durability (202) 

Went down to blue and did a huge metal run, repaired my tek suit and hopped over to Extinction quickly, transferred some dust and crystal to Ragnarok to keep my gennies there running. Was trying to remodel the base a bit but couldnt get motivation to plan out my crafting room then had to log for the night.

Looks like the server wants to attempt. TEK cave again in a few weeks. The guy trying to plan it is new and never done bosses before so thats a bit funny but this time we will be more prepared. I figured we had a lot less time to traverse the cave but this time were going to take it slow and ensure (most) of the tames make it lol

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Looks like the server wants to attempt. TEK cave again in a few weeks. The guy trying to plan it is new and never done bosses before so thats a bit funny but this time we will be more prepared. I figured we had a lot less time to traverse the cave but this time were going to take it slow and ensure (most) of the tames make it lol

This time we'll smash it. We were so close last time, just need to get more tames to the end.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cymas said:

@SnowboundGem It's too bad you're on console, I think you'd really enjoy the Castles, Keeps & Forts mods and maybe the eco set of mods, all dedicated to building. Personally I can't play this game without S+, it just fixes way too many issues with this game to go without it.

Anyway, after a long grind at work I was happy to come home and grind in Ark instead. Side note I also got my new Ark journal in the mail. I wish there were official licensed ones, blank or dot grid. I'd even buy it if it was Moleskine and I don't like that brand. This one is actually a Jurassic Park journal lol but it's surprisingly decent for the price. Lined though, typical for novelty journals. But now I can keep track of my progress instead of scribbling on the backs of my shopping lists lol

I know I would, I would play for hours.. I have watched a few people build with it on YouTube. I'm gutted we don't have that but I think you would be surprised how much detail I manage with just basic bps.

I bought my hubby a journal with dragons/wyverns looked like fire and ice last year for his stat keeping. I found it yesterday cleaning the games room. It's empty haha.

I have been buying him these type of books for years he hasn't ever filled anything in just one for all his passwords and important reminders. That's 15 empty dragon style journals on a shelf. I could start a shop..

I never got to play on ark today my husband spent longer at work and it's his last day tomorrow new job Monday so he's had a lot on handing over to new person.

When I got in I was seeing double with a migraine so slept for 6 hours and it still didn't shift. I went for a nap not a marathon!

If I do ever get onto ark this week I will hopefully play on a clean map so I can go nuts with building again.

Keep us updated with your build as it goes. Love seeing what you and others get up to. ?

Edited by SnowboundGem

what did I do in ark today.....

I just lost my Crab & My Doedic UNDER THE MAP while farming rock on Herbivore island on the TOP MOST section,  this caused me to Rage quit the game.   Crabs are a major pain in the arse to tame in the first place and then losing one to this?? not only that but my Doedic as well? this is just.... yeah....  I can't say how I really feel at the moment as its probably forum ban worthy..

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

what did I do in ark today.....

I just lost my Crab & My Doedic UNDER THE MAP while farming rock on Herbivore island on the TOP MOST section,  this caused me to Rage quit the game.   Crabs are a major pain in the arse to tame in the first place and then losing one to this?? not only that but my Doedic as well? this is just.... yeah....  I can't say how I really feel at the moment as its probably forum ban worthy..

Oh dear, I just realised I've never tamed a crab, so no idea how long it took or the effort required but I feel for you.

Hope you feel a bit better soon.

6 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

Oh dear, I just realised I've never tamed a crab, so no idea how long it took or the effort required but I feel for you.

Hope you feel a bit better soon.

you have to shoot the crab with boulders directly in the face, if you miss it does major damage to them, very easy to kill the crab while trying to knock it out.   To top it off there is no way to recover a crab once it falls through the map, it will just keep falling till it hits the death plane (part of the engine) as the crab is a bottom walker not a swimmer.  so Both the doedic and the crab will be killed due to Wildcard not fixing a known issue sense 2017. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, caleb68 said:

you have to shoot the crab with boulders directly in the face, if you miss it does major damage to them, very easy to kill the crab while trying to knock it out.   To top it off there is no way to recover a crab once it falls through the map, it will just keep falling till it hits the death plane (part of the engine) as the crab is a bottom walker not a swimmer.  so Both the doedic and the crab will be killed due to Wildcard not fixing a known issue sense 2017. 

I've lost tames to falling through map before and I've fallen through it myself a few times on extinction. It's gut wrenching knowing all that work has gone.

It does sound rather a pain in the backside to tame I know already I would not be successful in that tame. 

alright, i have just finished the raid took bout 8 hours to do so, holy damn it was tough, so this is how it started

we recruited my riley's younger brother to help us as he had his own base on the server. as all three of us were in my base crafting and pounding away i realise that they could be spying on us, so i got out to scout with my bird using predator vision. anyway my hamish (rileys brother) was collecting resources for an acs shotgun that i got in a purple drop. he asked riley were was the mats, he said in the vault, so hamish went over and took all the mats that were going to be used to make the bombs and all that. he used 50k metal on a shot gun, and it was not even the right one. so we then had to go and get more metal. the the battle came, there was bout 30 of us and bout 20 of them. their base was full metal and tek. we first decided to use a teleporter trick. where we would place a teleporter donw near an osd drop activate it and then send the corrupt creatures through the tele, we found a red drop and done the trick, wala we had corrupt creatures charging at their base and they had no idea where they were coming from. anway hamish was on a quetze with heavy and tek turrets on it, he saw them and spazed out activating the turrets to kill the corrupt dinos, NO ONE TOLD HIM THE PLAN!!!!!!!!!

so the turrets start shooting away leaving a horde of bodies in the battle feild, so now the enimies had cover to shoot at us, and hamish gave away our position, so we retreated back into the city. there we set up a camp. i was out on patrol when hamish said he had broken into their base. i went ot his cords, he had gotten into their agricultural base (farming base). i raged and yelled my a** ff at him. i said to go back to base and defend that position, so there i am heading back to base when i have hamish say " i have been captured by the troll tribe. so now he is captured and we need to surrender and hand over o pretty little ransom of all thew element on the server. i dont know how much nbut i know it would be over 1000000. so i devised a plan, we would meet in the city. i had drakes with people with rocket and what not scattered all around the the city as scouts. they appeared on a moshops. i handed over what i said was all the element. then as he went off on his moschops steed i poison naded him. he had passed out and i freed hamish. we teid him up and put him in a chair and cage out in the wasteland. being singal minded they came out and  gave us a bunch of mats. we said to them to get ready cause they r going to feel the full force of the order of the thylas. 

a few hours had passed and we were ready, i would lead the charge from the air and riley would lead the charge form the ground, we sent in suicide dodics and dimorphs. we then sent in our bronto boxes, we had five people on turrets for each box. when the bullets were soaked and their walls were down we sent our rex army at them. we were nearly winning when..

we found a huge ass box and decided to blow it up and see what was inside. we blew t up and found a tele, it was active and unlocked. we used it to tele to a base that was in thee snow dome we had no knowledge of. we teleported to find the three titans. we know knew about their huge weapon and we had a plan. the trolls had retreated to their forest base and we had their snow and wastleland base under our watch. we knew where their titans were. we preped to go down there and beat them into submission when i got a disocrd message from an ally saying the titans had been recaptured. they teled to the titan base and stole the titans. killing a few people and tames in the process. we divised a plan. the titans are limited to their movement in the sunken forest and it would take a while to move them out of the forest. we made a huge firing line filled with turrets and velanos. we sent in every singal rex and giga we had. the desert titan was easy as hell to beat, the ice titan and forest titan were a challenge, they were using the titans to cover eachother. we sent in our mek squad and killed the forest titan. as soon as we killed to forest titan they used out own tactic against us, they teled a bunch of corrupt creatures into the area, we mangaed t kill the all but it made it hard to move around. we managed to kill the ice titan after losing bout 30 rexes and 10 gigas and other tames. they despratly sent the remnants of their tribe at us. i came in on noctowl 2.0 and Riley came in on gigabyte. we helped mow down the rest of them. we captured them and locked them up. we have 20 holding cells filled with them. and since you dont lose hunger or water they cant kill them selves.

so what yas think, this raid took for ever, we won in the end but the entire server was in shambles. and we had barely any tames left. we r still rebuilding. i will try and post the video on here, i will have to get it off of the xbox. i gotta say this took for ever to type. and i swear that was the biggest server war i have ever been in.

• Like 1

i am a pro at ark, and i just dont like ignorance, it  usually ends up with me needing to fix something. and btw when i said i strangled Riley, i more grabed him by the shirt and shook him. i am pretty chill, but i take things like raids seriously. i am like the friend that always has to clean up my friends messes because they cant think ahead. @SnowboundGem. riley to went nuts at his brother, he even actually shook him back and forth. as for the giga scenario i had a pretty good reason, i was tired and riley was not even thinkng before he acted. i could make a book about all the times riley has messed up in ark. he means well, he just dont think alot.

• Like 1

That giga incident made me laugh reminds me of 3 years ago my other halfs first giga attempt ended in disaster too.

He lost 4 tames just trying to recover his stuff. Then as he was running away led it back to his base. Had me laughing for ages. I did help him restart elsewhere.

Edited by SnowboundGem