So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

17 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

We just play on sp Xbox. I like to keep the environment natural he likes everything flat and bare. Can't wait to see your progress I'm currently building cliffside because I never have before. But itching to do a tree top city.

Where have you chosen island?

On Ragnarok, the tiny island I refer to as Megalania island.  It is at the southern tip of the large penisula that leads from the wyvern cove & hidden wyvern cave.

If I fly west a short bit, the next island is "Jerboa Island".

I like this tiny island, because it has a hidden cave with metal and crystal directly below, and an oil pump node on it as well. If you build at the high point of the island, you can use cliff platforms to double the area for a base/dinos.

But I will confess, that I recently moved from there, because it just doesn't have the room to raise large dinos, like Rexs for Boss battles.

Turtle Racer

Well, I could describe the tedious search of over half the island looking for a suitable subject, and then the excitement of waiting for a high-level turtle to veggie tame, but I won’t. In lieu of that, I shall leave you with the following, and probably equally tedious, story of how I imagine everything went.

I’m sitting in the shade at a makeshift table under a scarlet beach canopy. From time to time, a mild breeze comes off the sea, rippling the fabric above and cooling me a little. Outside, waves of heat are rising from the sand, obscuring the single file line of turtles that starts just before me and ends in the shallow waters some hundred paces away. They’re all here because of the signs posted at various locations around the Island. One sign reads, “Wanted: Racing Turtle with No Fear.” The second sign gives directions. The third sign reads, “Free Lunch!”

Turtle number one takes a few steps closer, raising his neck, so he can look me in the eye. “You’re level four?” I ask, as if the number wasn’t floating above his head.

He nods in the affirmative.

“Hmm, that’s a bit too low,” I state, while mentally kicking myself in the behind for not putting any requirements down for the applicants. “If you’re hungry, please head over by the Pteranodon, and he’ll see that you’re fed.” I point at Murphy, who is sunning himself several paces away by a feeding trough.

The turtle heads off as another walks up.

Turtle number two, who is level sixty-eight, inquires, “What’s the part about, ‘No Fear,’ mean?”

“Oh, that. I’m recruiting for a race around Carno island, and there’s a good chance. . .” I begin, before noticing that his mottled green skin is turning a pasty white before my eyes. “Um, are you okay?”

“Sorry,” Turtle number two says, “but I’m allergic to predators.”

“Allergic to predators?” I ask.

“Yes, anytime I’m around them, I break out in bite marks.”

“That’s a good point. Well, if you’re hungry, please head over by the Pteranodon, and he’ll see that . . . blah.”

The next four applicants are apparently only here for the free lunch. So, in short order it’s, “Well, if you’re hungry, please head over by the Pteranodon, and he’ll . . . blah . . . blah.”

Then, “Well, if you’re hungry, please head over by the blah, . . . blah . . . blah.”

And next, “Well, if you’re hungry, blah . . . blah, . . . blah . . .  blah.”

And finally, “Well, . . . blah!”

Turtle number seven creeps closer. He’s probably the oldest living turtle I’ve ever seen, wrinkly skin, sagging jowls, and . . . “Are those dentures?” I blurt.

He clacks them together a couple of times. “Yes Siree, young man. They are indeed. Quite handy when biting nefarious carnivore types.”

“Well, I like your attitude. How fast can you sprint one hundred yards?”

He looks thoughtful for a moment. “Two,” is his terse reply.

“Seconds?” I ask, trying to avoid an incredulous tone.

“Hours.”

“Okay. I’ll call you back if I need you. Food is that way.”

Turtle twenty-two waddles up, and he’s the fattest turtle I’ve ever seen. I lean to the side and see the trench that his bulging plastron has carved through the sand, which the remaining applicants are trying to avoid falling into.

“Um, free lunch?” I ask.

He nods eagerly.

“Hey, Murphy. We still have the backup trough?”

Murphy nods a yes, and then points with his beak toward something behind me and the canopy. Presumably, it’s our backup trough.

“Head out back, and enjoy.” I say while mentally writing off the backup trough.

Turtle thirty-six strides up confidently. He’s wearing an eyepatch, smoking a pipe, and has a wooden leg. “Hello, Matey,” he says in a raspy voice.

“And hello to you as well. Here for the race, the free food, or both?” By now, I’m a little jaded.

“I’m not here for either,” he says, surprising me. “I’m here to recruit you, to help me kill the white whale that sank me ship and took me leg!”

Visions of the Chudzitanic’s sinking play through my mind. “I’m in!” I nearly shout as I slam my open hand down on the table. “But I’ve got this race first. Please give Murphy your deets, and I’ll be in touch.”

“You’re a good lad,” he says, before heading for the Pteranodon.

As they say, turtle number fifty-five is the charm. Well, okay, I’m probably the only one that says that, but it may catch on. You never know. Turtle fifty-five is a female, level one hundred eighty-nine, with gorgeous eyelashes. There’s also a, “Born to be Wild,” tattoo on her neck. And—

“Wait, turtles have eyelashes?”

“Only if they want to, Darling,” she purrs.

“Hmm, how fast can you run a hundred yards?”

“Faster than any of these other plain, old turtles. And maybe even faster than him,” she finishes, nodding toward Murphy.

I look over at Murphy. If he had feathers, they would definitely be ruffled now. Looking back, “And how do you feel about predators?”

“Bite first and ask questions later,” she replies, then clacks her mandibles together a couple of times.

“I think we have ourselves a winner,” I say, as Murphy sighs in the background.

“So what do we get if we win?” she asks, batting her eyelashes at me a couple of times.

Okay, I’m starting to feel kind of awkward now as I catch myself staring into her anime-eyes. “If we win, I get a Snow Owl, and you get a lifetime supply of veggie cakes. Are you in?”

“In like Flynn,” she replies. “By the way, the name’s Trixie.”

Where have I heard that name before? Oh! “Trixie, like in Speed Racer?”

“The very same.”

In the back of my mind, I’m thinking this is perfect. How can anything go wrong?

(I guess we’ll see how things go on Thursday. Oh, and I wonder how many people looked up the word “plastron”.)

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Aushegun said:

On Ragnarok, the tiny island I refer to as Megalania island.  It is at the southern tip of the large penisula that leads from the wyvern cove & hidden wyvern cave.

If I fly west a short bit, the next island is "Jerboa Island".

I like this tiny island, because it has a hidden cave with metal and crystal directly below, and an oil pump node on it as well. If you build at the high point of the island, you can use cliff platforms to double the area for a base/dinos.

But I will confess, that I recently moved from there, because it just doesn't have the room to raise large dinos, like Rexs for Boss battles.

On my game I'm halfway up that island approx 78/42 between the megalania bit and the wyverns, I build up on the Cresent beach and cliffs behind.

I'm on the side of the island facing away from jerboa island. Basilo bay I call it, there seem to be tonnes in my play through.

The only reason I chose this place is just a hop over the water there is a huge metal deposit cave 80/60 ISH. 

Also to farm wyvern eggs for kibble occasionally. Just north of wyvern bay before you get to green ob there were lots of high level rexes so I got all my clean ones there. First time ever I got some nice coloured ones. 

We did spawn on the northern larger island near jerboas once on one play through but built a raft and sailed away to better lands. It was raptor central. 

What made you choose megalania island? Is it the one with the broken bridge? Or further south? I'm trying to picture it from your image but can't fathom it.

Edited by SnowboundGem

@d1nk Actually no, I was sitting on the trike. That's basically camera mode fully zoomed out.

@SnowboundGem I cut some down but not all, yeah. I like the natural look. For a smaller base like this it's very doable. Usually I end up with larger animals that knock everything down though, so it makes little difference...

After a rough day at work I was quite excited to come home and relax by hopping back into Ark. Yes, I do find parts of this game to be rather relaxing. I mean, I've been building a lot and rarely encounter anything even slightly dangerous on my little island paradise. I was also rather inspired to work on something after watching a YT build. I had thought about using a cliff platform, until I saw the required materials for the platform smithy. Not happening at my current level of resources. So I basically ended up doing a kind of poor man's platform instead for my workshop area.

Then I built a gateway and some pillars and traveled down the hill to the spot close to where the beacon drops. A 115 trike had spawned down there and I've been keeping my eye on it, debating if I wanted to tame it or not. Decided I might as well. It didn't quite work as intended but I got my trike. Naturally we went around punting dilos and anything else we could find to get some levels up. During the course of our short foray across the river we killed no less than 3 sarcos in a row, netting quite a lot of prime actually.

Are you think what I'm thinking? Yep, I stripped down to only my most necessary gear, loaded up and took the ptera north to carno point. I scouted out the argents and quickly homed in on the highest level, a somewhat respectable 90. It ended up being a rather involved chase but I got the bird down. The actual tame was quite uneventful. Then we flew home, where I ended up grinding narcos for a bit to get the level I needed to make the saddle.

Care to guess what I did first with my brand new argent? If you said go find that alpha raptor I saw previously, you would be correct. We hunted it down and killed it for tons of levels, a mastercraft crossbow, mastercraft pike, ramshackle pick and tons of prime that will likely be wasted. What was the second thing I did? Flew to the redwoods mountain and loaded the bird down with crystal and metal.

Flew home, made another forge, whacked all the metal in the two of them and made some sparkpowder to light both. Made a trough also since raw metal is no longer a precious commodity. So this is about where I'm at now:

spbaseargent20190611215940_1.thumb.jpg.bb75145d2b3622c564f629dde94114d9.jpg

Obviously the next step is to build a proper taming pen now that I can do it properly and go after the utility trifecta: anky, beaver and doed, in more or less that order.

Yes, I did cull the original trike. And I am keeping the mostly useless ptera, at least for now. I am a firm believer in the rule of 2: always keep 2 of anything that flies or swims, just in case you lose one and need to go and retrieve it.

• Like 5

@Cymas you are right they are expensive to build I'm lucky because I can mess about with harvest yield in settings as its just two of us. 

Your base is very inspiring I haven't had any Dino's destroy my trees nearby I'm quite lucky but I have walled us in and sprawled out a little to block nearby dino spawns.

I'm the builder my hubby builds square and pointy like a house in RL. I try to explore new shapes love the s+ additions would love a few more bits or alternatives. Different styles of feeding trough, meat/berry, haybales for barns that sort of stuff.

Oh and pretty argy you have there.. ?

• Like 1

Aberration, singleplayer, PS4

As planned I hung around base with the exception of occasional material runs.  Managed to clear out unnecessary dinos including several Direbears (I now have the best stats and desired colors in 2 breeding pairs) as well as egg-laying herbivores.  I was tripled up on regular kibble and didn’t realize.  The Ankys and Stegos are now gone and the turtles are my regular kibble providers.  Decided on them because I couldn’t bring myself to kill the Christmas colored male.  The lag in my base is noticeably less.

I then decided to figure out damage output for my boss army and guns.  I pulled out my best pump shotgun, auto rifle, and ascendant sniper (boy does this thing feel good to handle).  I also pulled out a leveled Megalo.  I thought, well, I know there is a training dummy engram; perhaps I can use that to get a good idea on damage.  (I’m sure some of you are cringing right now, but let me finish).

I craft and set up the dummy in a corner, and first attack with my Megalo.  10k damage.  WHAT! ? I know Megalo have good damage but no way. Attack again. 10k damage.  Wiki Magalo damage. 75 base. Ok, so 75 x 850%.  That is only 638.  Ok, let’s put that aside, figure it out later, looking forward to this ascendant sniper.  Take a shot.  0 damage. huh?  Shoot again.  0 damage.  Move closer, shoot the head of the dummy.  0 damage.  Unload 5-10 shots.  Zeros.

That is how I found out the dummy shows damage done to thatch structures and does not work for ranged weapons. I now have a dummy in my base - make that 2 dummys because I (dummy #2) built one in my base.  What a waste of 500 thatch and fiber.

On the flip side, my reaper is a BEAST even at level 125.  After imprint he has 21k health and 290% melee (2.4k against dummys not that it matters).  

Still have a lot of leveling of Megalos to do, but I also would like to try for a better reaper.  I also need to make more trips to the surface to see if I can find a better Megalo saddle blueprint.  So much to do.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SnowboundGem said:

On my game I'm halfway up that island approx 78/42 between the megalania bit and the wyverns, I build up on the Cresent beach and cliffs behind.

I'm on the side of the island facing away from jerboa island. Basilo bay I call it, there seem to be tonnes in my play through.

The only reason I chose this place is just a hop over the water there is a huge metal deposit cave 80/60 ISH. 

Also to farm wyvern eggs for kibble occasionally. Just north of wyvern bay before you get to green ob there were lots of high level rexes so I got all my clean ones there. First time ever I got some nice coloured ones. 

We did spawn on the northern larger island near jerboas once on one play through but built a raft and sailed away to better lands. It was raptor central. 

What made you choose megalania island? Is it the one with the broken bridge? Or further south? I'm trying to picture it from your image but can't fathom it.

Yes, it is the one with the tiny broken bridge. 

I choose this spot, because I have played thousands of hours in ARK, and have built bases in many many places. When I joined this server, I told myself to build small, until I decide I want to stay on the server. I landed on the island for a stamina break, and I noticed the oil node. I then decided this would be a great spot, and it would force me to stay small, as the island is not big.  The only worry was the occasional Megalania or Argent.

I had planned on fixing the bridge, but then I realized it would allow the megalanias to run across it. So I left it broken.

Pretty sure I know where you built, is there a water node close by?   I would be a bit paranoid, with the Wyverns so close!

11 hours ago, Cymas said:

Yes, I did cull the original trike. And I am keeping the mostly useless ptera, at least for now. I am a firm believer in the rule of 2: always keep 2 of anything that flies or swims, just in case you lose one and need to go and retrieve it.

I have a similar rule.  As soon as I can, I tame up a a pair of the dinos I want so I can have a breeding pair. I then keep the eggs as back up.  Or now that cryopods are a thing, I cryopod the parents and raise the eggs instead for the imprint bonus.

I am constantly amazed when people in chat exclaim "I lost my only ptera/argent/Thyla/Rex, etc."  When I know they have been playing for a while. Why don't you have back ups? Arrrrgh

Now I do understand if a person is just starting out on a server/game, how that can be difficult; but I always strive to make it a high priority for myself.

Edited by Aushegun

PS4 - unofficial Grinder Element server - Ragnarok

Needed to work late last night, as boss is out of the office for a few days, and so I have extra duties with him offline.

But got home and logged in. My buddy from the server was on, and he is a stay at home person, as he was recently severely injured, cannot work.  So he is online ALL the time.

Lately he has lamented that he is bored, and really wants  new  ARK maps, dinos, etc.

I asked him if he would wanted to join me in doing a boss battle this weekend, and he was excited to. So I told him I would provide 17 battle rexs, but he needed to provide a m/f pair of Yutys and a Daedon, along with collecting as much hide and fiber he could, as my ASC Rex saddle BP requires 40k Fiber, 36k Hide and 42k ingot EACH.  But I can get up to 332 armor on them.

With him now busy, I returned to my breeding barn, and continued breeding and raising the rexs. Because of the server settings, the best I can get on imprinting is 67% on the rexes, and I accidentally missed that on a couple, so I was raising replacements for those two.

I got distracted while imprinting a couple babies, and suddenly heard rex stomping. Turns out I had forgotten to turn off mating, and the rexs dropped an egg, which then hatched! Bot only that, but it was a set of m/f twins and they got all of the best stats from the parents!  So I quickly set them aside as my new breeders when they mature.

Not much later my friend arrives with a high level neon green Yuty. entire thing is neon green except black feet. an hour later he returns with a max level black female with yellow head/tail.

I breed them up and get twins on the first egg! Again a m/f pair, and they get all but important top stats except for the melee, Since I'm really focused on HP and Stam for the Yuty, I am fine with that. Plus these twins got the neon green body and the yellow head/tail color. Ugly as hell, but will be perfect in battle.

Managed to grind out enough resources to craft 3 of the ASC rex saddles, plus I got 2 ASC saddles (lower armor however) in drops during the night. My only two Rex saddles in drops from this server, and both on the same night.

Soon it was closing in 11pm, and I needed sleep.  I'm now up to 15 rexs and 5 saddles, so still have some work to do. I alread yahd 2 MC Yuty saddles from drops over the last month, so I'm good there, and my buddy has an ASC piggie saddle for the one he eventually tames.

I have no idea what to expect from this server boss battles. The server drops, loot crates, and gather rates are boosted. As well as dino level. So I have no clue how tough the bosses will be, and how good the reward will be (or if that can even be boosted?)  So in the meantime I am preparing for it to be super hard, by breeding t he best dinos I can find, and focusing on HP and melee in the rexes. With the high armor saddles, I think we should be ok.

The good news is, with the boosted breeding/maturing rates on this server, and the fact that I have like 6 complete sets of artifacts (the drops used to have artifacts in them, but they changed the drops on Sunday, so I'm not sure anymore.) So if we get wiped by the bosses, we can build up another army and try again within a couple weeks.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Yes, it is the one with the tiny broken bridge. 

I choose this spot, because I have played thousands of hours in ARK, and have built bases in many many places. When I joined this server, I told myself to build small, until I decide I want to stay on the server. I landed on the island for a stamina break, and I noticed the oil node. I then decided this would be a great spot, and it would force me to stay small, as the island is not big.  The only worry was the occasional Megalania or Argent.

I had planned on fixing the bridge, but then I realized it would allow the megalanias to run across it. So I left it broken.

Pretty sure I know where you built, is there a water node close by?   I would be a bit paranoid, with the Wyverns so close!

Not too close we never have them fly to us. I did have to stop a rex spawn which was close and we did have megalania on the beach until I blocked that spawn too. 

I keep all my Dino's in barns on passive and have a bunch of high hp and melee thylas on neutral outside to deal with anything that wanders too close, they deal with rexes in a heart beat. Not much does wander too close these days due to the walls.

I love that island but on my play through its close to a rex spawn so I left it to farm them for alphas of which there have been 3 so far at that spot. 

If I played on a server I can imagine I would have wyverns kited to me regularly. That would make me reconsider my home location.

• Like 1

Island-Single Player-PS4

After my last post, I almost had another disaster.  I decided to explore on my ptera. So I get close to the center of the map and am looking for potential tames, low level spino and thero, but I see a raptor pack with a 130 in it. My plan, land on a rock in the middle of the water, kill the low levels and tranq dart the 130. Well, as I go to land on the rock, my ptera misses its landing point and nose dives for the water, throwing me off, and what does it do? Goes and lands right with the raptors I try to run up to it and jump on but I am immediately pounced and killed. I respawn back at base and jump on my other ptera. Best advice I ever saw on here, keep two of every flier and swimmer, it helps in situations like this.

I race back with my other ptera, and make it in time. My ptera is tanking but the raptors have eaten my body, I do however spot a bag on the beach that had my longnecks, 200+ Ammo, etc. I jump down, grab the bag, hit follow all, and go back to base for the night, armor completely broken. Only stopping to collect metal and crystal on the way back. Dodged a major bullet.

Fast forward to today, take my ptera out Bc I was looking to explore more and get some polymer. Run into a 75 Spino along the way and tame it, using the “rock” method lol. Was able to get prime fish meat because this location has a crap ton of salmon, so pretty solid tame effectiveness. Absolute beast of a spino. I go back to base and make the saddle and just take the spino out towards the winter biome. Run into a 120 sarco and tame it as well. Found a beautiful 140 argy, but that’ll teach me to try tranq’ing it without trapping it. Extremely low torpor and it flew up to the sun. Just been crafting as much gunpowder and gasoline as I can. Overall, pretty efficient.

• Like 4

I didn't get to play. My husband did something really nice I think it's because I have a cold.

He set up our games room with a new TV & Xbox for me so I can play ark etc with him without tethering. 

He's not sure how to set up something for just us two does it cost anything to have a dedicated server? 

What is a dedicated server & non dedicated? 

So when we get home later we are going to try sorting something and hopefully play ark.

• Like 3

non-dedicated is like single player a tether barrier, dedicated i have not tried in a loooooong time, i think u cant customize it as much as an unofficial server.

well here my adventure for this week, over at a friends place vistiting, have not been to his in a month, we were playing on our usual unofficial server. evrything was fine and dandy, till my friend finds a max lvl giga, the server is pvpve, pvp on weekends, u can go nuts but not over demolish a base. so i am playing in his gaming room and he is in his bedroom, he says there is a max lvl giga out on the high lands, i am on ext and he is on rag, i am busy soloing the desert titan on my mana and my lightning wyvern army, i kill the titan and pop over to the rag base ( down on the beach by between the volcano and highlands. i log in to see a giga chomping away at our base. i scream into the mic "riley why the F********** is there a giga in our base, this is his reply " oh i placed it in a stone trap to make sure it does not die. i am smashing my head thinking what the hell. i said "firstly nothing can kill a giga, especially a max lvl giga, secondly why the F******** did u make the trap out of stone and by our base, u F******* NUMPTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

later on once we sacrificed half of our base to the giga, we tamed it bty, we went out to lvl it, we are out in the desert, i am on my owl and he is on his gigabite. we see another giga second highest lvl. i am thinking DILO is going on on the server today. my friend goes nuts saying it is opposite gender to our other one. i said we are not breeding them as they might destroy the based while doing it. we both laughed our A***** off. i decided to let him have it. he went and grabbed to gear and chucked me some darts, i said no and that he had to do this himself. i am out watching the sun set in ark  when my friend pops up on his giga scaring the living dodos out of me. he says the giga is nearly dead and he needs my noctowl to heal it, i asked him if he knew how to properly use it, he said yes with a huge grin on his face. i decided to let him use it, so there i am watching the majesty of the sunset when a big red text pops up. YOUR TRIBE MATE RILEY HAS BEEN KILLED BY A GIGA, so what he can get his stuff back, the another red text appears,

YOUR NOCTOWL LVL 357 OWL HAS BEEN KILLED BY A GIGA

so i charge into my firends room and grab him by the throat stanggled him. when i let go i sweared my head off, he said he activated the healing affect in mid air, he dismounted to get rid of the healing effect, the giga was not frozen bty, the giga killed him, and then it killed my bird. i was so ticked i tranqed him out and put him on a chair handcuffed to look at a pigs a** for the rest of the day. he gifted me with a new owl and named it nactowel. not even the right name. for the rest of the day we just decided to got loot drop hunting, if ya wanna hear that then sure, it was not very event full till the golem cave. and we never even managed to tame that second giga.

Edited by Kodking194
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

tonight we are going to help out on a friends server who is being trolled by a tribe. tell yas how it goes

Don't let your friend go I can see it all going wrong, he might be trying to help but I'd imagine your other friends Dino's may end up dead too. Haha 

Thanks for the answer about dedicated if it can adjust as much as sp for Xbox I'm fine with it.

He asked me to find our head sets to talk later in game when home from work. Umm will be sat on the same sofa in the same room why the f do we need a head set on? Should I point out the stillness of the question? I think he maybe tired. Haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, SnowboundGem said:

Don't let your friend go I can see it all going wrong, he might be trying to help but I'd imagine your other friends Dino's may end up dead too. Haha 

Thanks for the answer about dedicated if it can adjust as much as sp for Xbox I'm fine with it.

He asked me to find our head sets to talk later in game when home from work. Umm will be sat on the same sofa in the same room why the f do we need a head set on? Should I point out the stillness of the question? I think he maybe tired. Haha

i would go with unofficial, dedicated u need to consoles, three for your sake, one to run the server on, one  for u and on for your hubby. also my firend is ok in pvp, he usually just does pick up runs, he collects dinos and brigns them to the fight, we done little trick once, we placed a tele on a quetze saddle. we teled out tames to the fight, they enimies crappted their pant and ra with this rifles between their legs. hehehehehe, we migh actually do that tonight, and the server belogns to one of my friend s friends,  and my friend asked me and riley to help with a raid, this tribe has been forcing payments out of people that they raid in the weekends. it is illegal on the server and unfair, and they will take one look at your base and decide what they want, they wanted 10 k ele, 50k poly and 100k metal from my friend, all cause his base was stone and was biggest on server, the reason why his is biggestis cause he built a market where people could make their shops. he denied to tax and said to gove shove it up their a****. they attempted to raid him, they then went and raided all other bases on the server. the owner is the only admin and does not even play on server. so my friend is technicly the  admin. anyway he is gathering a group of 50 to tke them out. we have one titan and a bunch of tames, only prob is they used all of the taxes to super build their base. so now they are at a state where they can challenge my friend. anyway some of us including me and my riley are going to record it, it will be the biggest raid in ark ever. i will post it on here for u's to watch. well wish meh luck it about to start.

• Like 1

today I started yet another major rebuild on my base, slowly dismantling parts of the base and replacing them with new parts as I move along.  Very time consuming but, I do enjoy building :) and taking down and rebuilding parts of the base to make the base even better is always fun.   This time I think im going to make the base look more like a small town, now that I don't need as many different types of dinos for kibble eggs, it should make having kibble dinos out a bit easier and not taking up so much space.

Tomorrow, and the next day, more base reconstruction and Element Veins! need that element for tek stuff :D

• Like 4

@SnowboundGem  On SP, I did mess with my harvest settings. The issue isn't so much getting the resources, it's carrying them. My ptera has 124 weight and started with about 200 stamina. The platform smithy requires 200 ingots, aka 400 metal. Not happening lol. It's too bad you're on console, I think you'd really enjoy the Castles, Keeps & Forts mods and maybe the eco set of mods, all dedicated to building. Personally I can't play this game without S+, it just fixes way too many issues with this game to go without it.

Anyway, after a long grind at work I was happy to come home and grind in Ark instead. Side note I also got my new Ark journal in the mail. I wish there were official licensed ones, blank or dot grid. I'd even buy it if it was Moleskine and I don't like that brand. This one is actually a Jurassic Park journal lol but it's surprisingly decent for the price. Lined though, typical for novelty journals. But now I can keep track of my progress instead of scribbling on the backs of my shopping lists lol.

First thing I did was plunk down a wooden taming pen. I know, but it's the style of this base. All wood.

Then we geared up and off we flew. I'm not really naming any of my animals right now. Not until they're bred at least. I consider virtually all wild tamed animals disposable because they just don't compare to a good bred one.

I was scouting for high level utility animals. Taming is up high enough that I can max tame most things without kibble, although I will still prefer it due to the shorter tame times. But for now I'm working with what I have. I was absolutely shocked and excited when the first one I found was a 145 doed. I don't know why but I have the absolute worst luck with finding doeds specifically, I usually start out with an extremely low level one and have to dedicate a lot of time to finding a new one later. So I am very happy with that. Carried it home and KO'd it, no problem with my MC crossbow.

While it was taming I headed back out and found a 150 anky with 30 points in melee. Nice. The pen was occupied so I KO'd it on the beach nearby. Made the saddles while I was waiting, then moved them both up to base when they tamed. The anky has 39 melee now, basically breedable quality. I am pleased.

Of course, for every advantage there is a problem. In this case my sticking point ended up being a beaver. No matter how many spawns I cleared I just could not get a decent one to spawn. Settled for a level 70. Tamed, saddled up.

sputility20190612212255_1.thumb.jpg.a43df473ef231952ba737e9e24cde879.jpg

By that point it was getting late and I was quite tired, so I logged for the night. So tired I waited until this morning to record my adventures for the day.

• Like 3

Today in Ark I researched a rumor of a new dino:

"Deinonychus is an agile climber as well, jumping from wall ledge to wall ledge as it seeks high vantage points to lie in wait."  

"He will climb your behemoth gates regardless of the materials they are made from, disregarding height."  

"The Deinonychus is drawn to the glowing light of cryo-fridges and glow pets."

"His thirst for the podded dinos he drinks from pods after ripping apart a survivors cryo-fridge with one strike from his powerful claws will never be fulfilled."

"Keep your windows closed"

I found an official posting on the forums, but it still doesn't add up, so idk

I also filled up two vaults with ingots, to trade for a fully imprinted rock drake with amazing colors.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, BusyEXE said:

Lost my black and orange argy, I was hit by a piranha and it flew off.

Luckily I saw a level 95 female with the same colors at my outpost.

For this exact reason, is why I try to add a transponder node to all of my flyers. So I can find them if they fly off when I get attacked while in the water.

Xbox official pvp (I play solo)

Yesterday I spawned in, and found that someone had mined all the rocks that kept my base hidden. I went down to the beach, hoped on my raft and went to herbivore island. There I tamed a pteradon and killed a Stego (for prime) and a bunch of phiomas for hide for a saddle. Built the saddle, built a pen for my pteradon, and logged off. Today I am planning on raiders no some dude in a big wooden base.