So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

22 hours ago, d1nk said:

Ive never understood that either. Im always trying to trade. On our cluster we have the top theriz line, our friend shared his rexs no problem and ive given out numerous free theriz fertilized eggs. This one person I helped out was taming squid like crazy during Easter, I hate deep ocean so i asked to trade him for one. I offered very well (including my theriz line, cloned event crabs, mantis, even premade tek items (teleport genny and element combo) No dice. 

Some people just dont like to trade which I guess I can understand. I would trade anything I can make copies / breed and always offer blueprints for people to craft. 

I don't think it's not liking to trade so much as they just don't want anyone else to have animals as good as theirs. But I mean, I'm sure anyone who does boss fights regularly must have some older gen rexes hanging around, just sell me those. I don't care if they aren't top of the line super rexes, I just want to unlock engrams and farm enough element to run my base on a tek gen.

It's not like they've even done tons of breeding to achieve it since this server allows the use of the S+ mutator...the server admin will quibble over the "instant gratification" of adjusting mating to match the maturity rate, but allows the breeding supercheat device. Makes no sense whatsoever. I feel like it's just a way to intentionally bottleneck lower tier players so they can feel superior and play PVE Alpha. Or something. I don't even know. If it wasn't so hard to find a server cluster with the relatively low rates + the minimal mods I prefer, I would have probably moved on by now honestly.

Anyway.

Logged in and checked on the animals. Most of my breeding timers were exhausted so I couldn't do much. Two of the birds accidentally bred while I was there, then I bred the two newly adult birds. Ended up keeping one new hatchling and culled the 2 accidentally bred birds. They both have red wingtips that I'm trying to breed out of the line.

Also on a whim and since I still have that full trough, bred my female velo with the non-stat male I still have. Because he's blue and my line is dull dark brown. Popped out a female with one stat that I can pair with my male. Not super necessary though since if all goes well I'll likely be building a brand new line over the course of the next month or so. But I didn't have too much else to do so...

I did breed my female mutated yuty too, didn't get a female. I could breed the others, just hoping to get one with the pink body from mom and red stripe from dad.

Made some more kibble--extraordinary, exceptional and regular. Covers about all of my current needs/wants. Made some narcs, honestly I really need a dedicated berry gatherer. And some darts, need to make more though.

That was about it for me. I actually was baking while raising the babies so passive time well spent.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Aushegun said:

SaltyMonkey.

How hard is it to tweak the "burn rate" of Element on a server?

Reason I ask, is that on the "grinder" element server, the Tek Geny is fine at its rate of burn.  But the TEK forcefield seems to burn thru the element 8-10x faster than the geny. And when I open the forcefield to look at the amount of E in it, I can literally see the units burn down in seconds.

This server is boosted in gather rates and stacking mod, and has weight boosted to near infinity, but I feel like the forcefield burns too fast.

(On another server I play on, the Geny and FF burn very slow, like actually too slow (I used only 2 element in the geny over a 7 day period.)

The forcefield burning through element in seconds is a bug. The same can happen to tek gens. Both have happened on my island server, but corrected itself once I destroyed them and placed down new ones though this was before structure pick up.

Well, just a quick one from last night. My quest for my next eggers focused on Moschops, and I was lucky enough to tame a male and two females in short order. I've played this game off and on for a fair amount of time now, but I've never tamed a Moschops before this. OMG! Their level-up animation cracks me up for some reason.

Anyway, I think I'll have to go with rexes or Theris for the next group, but I need to find a place to put them first. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

The forcefield burning through element in seconds is a bug. The same can happen to tek gens. Both have happened on my island server, but corrected itself once I destroyed them and placed down new ones though this was before structure pick up.

interesting... I will give that a shot, as I have extra Forecefields I got in a ringed drop.

Thanks

• Like 1

Did more metal farming last night. Did about 10k ingots more then transferred 15k ingots into the cloud - 10k for Center 5k for Rag. Did a big organic poly run on Ab with a chainsaw then transferred it all to TC to make up an extra Transmitter for our metal base and on a whim made 2x pairs of our Tek glove bp, the only one I havent made for us. Threw a pair in saltire's vault and threw it all into the cloud. 

Since Saltire did a few boss runs already maybe tonight ill do a few desert titans tp try and get a tek helmet bp to drop.. bring some new guys along or something. If not are you down to do a few when ur off work tomorrow @AngrySaltire

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Aberration 

Completed the reaper taming trap tonight. Finished up the holding pen, this just involved installing a few heavy turret beside the trap.

rps20190607_215256.thumb.jpg.2fba9c1cac0af31a6f283fbecf583a2f.jpg

I then loaded up the drake full of structures (took a few trips) and went down to the border between the purple and red zone and installed the trap there. There probably is better locations but I wanted a relatively safe place to teleport from. Shall see how this location goes for just now. Put down a pitfall trap and got the teleporter down, had part of the teleporter separated to allow safe use. 

rps20190607_215233.thumb.jpg.8714eb7c957c48158fd4d80f0ff3748f.jpg

Then of course I had to test the trap, decided to test the whole process actually. Went into the red zone and lured the first queen I could find, a lowly level 15 but'll do. Got it the short distance back to the trap and successfully into it. Cryoed the drake and hit teleport to the holding pen. Success ! Just like the simulations, the queen was inside the holding pen above the ceiling and I came out below the ceilings and didnt get stuck in any foundations. 

rps20190607_215155.thumb.jpg.b1842a141c0d1b2fcf93933a9a06b0a5.jpg

Next I trailed out the next stage. Used the heavy turrets to bring her health down as low as possible. It took a few attempts to get the impregnation right the first time, the door ways get in the way, you have to be inside the trap with her o . O . Again success, she impregnated me and the trap kept her from burrowing. Worked out that the maturation time is about 20 minutes so plenty of time to do a few things. Hatched up a few megalosaurus to kill off to gain experience for the king. 2 megas is enough to hit max experience. 

Let the king kill me when it hatched to load it up with food. I then reapated with another impregnation round before killing the queen, got a few glands too. As expected both kings came out with different stats, one had slightly higher melee and stamina yet both had the same health, a few other stats were different but not fussed about food and oxygen. Am just in the process to see roughly how they raise and what time they take, although I didnt keep a notice of time. So far all both have asked for were cuddles and a single walk. Annoyingly they seem to wander despite not on wander so I had to craft up a few dino leashes. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Did more metal farming last night. Did about 10k ingots more then transferred 15k ingots into the cloud - 10k for Center 5k for Rag. Did a big organic poly run on Ab with a chainsaw then transferred it all to TC to make up an extra Transmitter for our metal base and on a whim made 2x pairs of our Tek glove bp, the only one I havent made for us. Threw a pair in saltire's vault and threw it all into the cloud. 

Since Saltire did a few boss runs already maybe tonight ill do a few desert titans tp try and get a tek helmet bp to drop.. bring some new guys along or something. If not are you down to do a few when ur off work tomorrow @AngrySaltire

Thanks for the gloves :) Yeah I would be up for attempting the desert titan if need be after work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Aberration 

Completed the reaper taming trap tonight. Finished up the holding pen, this just involved installing a few heavy turret beside the trap.

rps20190607_215256.thumb.jpg.2fba9c1cac0af31a6f283fbecf583a2f.jpg

I then loaded up the drake full of structures (took a few trips) and went down to the border between the purple and red zone and installed the trap there. There probably is better locations but I wanted a relatively safe place to teleport from. Shall see how this location goes for just now. Put down a pitfall trap and got the teleporter down, had part of the teleporter separated to allow safe use. 

rps20190607_215233.thumb.jpg.8714eb7c957c48158fd4d80f0ff3748f.jpg

Then of course I had to test the trap, decided to test the whole process actually. Went into the red zone and lured the first queen I could find, a lowly level 15 but'll do. Got it the short distance back to the trap and successfully into it. Cryoed the drake and hit teleport to the holding pen. Success ! Just like the simulations, the queen was inside the holding pen above the ceiling and I came out below the ceilings and didnt get stuck in any foundations. 

rps20190607_215155.thumb.jpg.b1842a141c0d1b2fcf93933a9a06b0a5.jpg

Next I trailed out the next stage. Used the heavy turrets to bring her health down as low as possible. It took a few attempts to get the impregnation right the first time, the door ways get in the way, you have to be inside the trap with her o . O . Again success, she impregnated me and the trap kept her from burrowing. Worked out that the maturation time is about 20 minutes so plenty of time to do a few things. Hatched up a few megalosaurus to kill off to gain experience for the king. 2 megas is enough to hit max experience. 

Let the king kill me when it hatched to load it up with food. I then reapated with another impregnation round before killing the queen, got a few glands too. As expected both kings came out with different stats, one had slightly higher melee and stamina yet both had the same health, a few other stats were different but not fussed about food and oxygen. Am just in the process to see roughly how they raise and what time they take, although I didnt keep a notice of time. So far all both have asked for were cuddles and a single walk. Annoyingly they seem to wander despite not on wander so I had to craft up a few dino leashes. 

Congrats man!! Mighty fine trap you got there it will compete with the best of em! So your saying im sitting in a Tek Pod mere 50 foudations from where a queen was?! :cappa:

I think we found our Saturday evening plans :P

• Like 1

Friday evening breeding shenanigans. So since the server will be on 7x difficulty for the weekend, I probably won't be doing any breeding at all. It made sense to do my final round of breeding for the next few days. Bred my spino pair, the argents who were off cooldown, and my mutated yuty again.

First, my spino. Popped a male with every stat except weight and got the 0 speed, plus the perfect color combination possible from this pairing. Amazing. Can't wait for him to grow up to breed with the female. Really wish the current male had gotten the HP stat so I could bring him to Aberration. As much as I want to, I am not going to be bringing my main female over because she's also my main breeder for this line right now. I'll be using my backup spino instead.

Next, my argents. Two eggs gave nothing. One egg gave a male with weight, stamina and partial colors. However he got an abysmal HP roll from his dad so I'll definitely breed him back to the female for HP before I start working the stats into the color line. The last egg gave me a perfect color, full white female. Yay! Before I start seriously mixing the stats and colors though, I really need to drop my oxy stat, 60 is ridiculous and useless. Scouted around, didn't find any 0 oxy argents. I won't hunt for that over the weekend, would rather focus on high stats while I have the chance.

Finally, the yuty egg. Popped twins...both female. Ok then, guess I'm adding 2 yutys to the flock. Sadly they got entirely the opposite of what I wanted for colors and are rather earthy actually, but that's fine.

I also scouted around for either a good bronto or a tek stego. They don't need to be super max levels, I just need something better for narcoberry farming. The theri doesn't do a great job, especially for the quantity I need. No luck on either so will probably hold off on them for now.

That was about it really. The yutys are still babies but close enough to juvenile that I don't anticipate any issues with them overnight. They just take forever but I don't really feel like cryopoding them and losing those extra hours of growth.

• Like 4

Originally, I was planning on going after my next set of eggers, but then I saw, "The purdiest Tech Quetz dat I ever done seen." It's blue, black, and silver combination will hopefully make all my neighbors jealous. Unfortunately, the only thing I've ever tamed a Quetz with is an Argy, using the grappling hook fly here method, so I needed some Argys! And I say some, because I just know something will probably go way wrong at some point. So, spares come in handy.

I crafted a taming pen and loaded it on the Chudzitanic, before setting sail. Two days later, I brought the boat to a halt at the safe islet by carnivore island. Construction began immediately. And soon, my taming pen was ready to go. 

I tamed two Argys that came out at level 230, and one burner that came out at 115. "Shhh! Don't tell him he's a burner. He thinks he's an integral part of the plan, and is proud to be leading the charge." (If I pull this off on the first try, he'll be retired to some place plush.)

Deconstruction of the taming pen was made quick and spiffy through the use of the S+ dismantling gun. There were only two miss-clicks during that time, and my lawyers are handling the fallout. Then it was back onto the Chudzitanic and time to sail for home. 

Normally, I hug the coastline and don't cut across deep water, even in the inlets. Unfortunately, "The Captain," may have been drinking and decided to hurry things along. Therefore, um . . . he cut across an inlet as the seabed dropped below the onrushing boat.

Buh!

Yep, Alpha Leeds! The Chudzitanic survived the initial hit but couldn't make it close enough to land before the second. *Visions of stone and lumber sinking into the depths*

Fortunately, though, I had decided to keep everything valuable on me, including the soul-spheres holding the Argys. I probably broke an Olympic record swimming for shore, and there's a small chance I might have flicked off the Alpha Leeds while doing so. *Shrug* 

As soon as I went feet-dry, I pulled out my teleportation clicker and started clicking like crazy. *Poof* I'm back in base, minus one boat that probably could have been better named, to tell the truth. (Or not!) Everything is stowed away, and the next step is to go after that Quetz. But not today, of course.... 

Edited by Chudz66
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Logged on today to a Blue Megalo! Instantly bred it with the others to get a blue male and a personal, I mucked up my others and missed an imprint. Ended up missing this imprint too lol! 

The reaper trap looks fantastic. Went for a quick metal run then hopped over to The Center and ran the gachas for a bit to build up and made a Tek Replicator for our crafting base on Ab. Hopped back over and installed two sleeping pods here, then elongated the build a tad to fit in the tek replicator. 

After that went to stocking up on gems for crafting element. Loaded up on some blue gems then went down into the rad zone on my drake and ran about getting red gems. Almost got knocked into the element by a suprise reaper! Lucky I had my Tek Suit on and it saved my life. Got back and sorted all the stuff for some element, made some more batteries and threw em into the charge nodes by my breeding base. Also installed a gas collector there too (its above the breeding base FYI Saltire) 

Just winding down now, if its 90% night when I get back inside ill jump up to surface to farm some element ore.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, d1nk said:

So your saying im sitting in a Tek Pod mere 50 foudations from where a queen was?! :cappa:

Yep... could have been less...

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Logged on today to a Blue Megalo! Instantly bred it with the others to get a blue male and a personal, I mucked up my others and missed an imprint. Ended up missing this imprint too lol! 

The reaper trap looks fantastic. Went for a quick metal run then hopped over to The Center and ran the gachas for a bit to build up and made a Tek Replicator for our crafting base on Ab. Hopped back over and installed two sleeping pods here, then elongated the build a tad to fit in the tek replicator. 

After that went to stocking up on gems for crafting element. Loaded up on some blue gems then went down into the rad zone on my drake and ran about getting red gems. Almost got knocked into the element by a suprise reaper! Lucky I had my Tek Suit on and it saved my life. Got back and sorted all the stuff for some element, made some more batteries and threw em into the charge nodes by my breeding base. Also installed a gas collector there too (its above the breeding base FYI Saltire) 

Just winding down now, if its 90% night when I get back inside ill jump up to surface to farm some element ore.

Yeah... the first two megas I hatched out were muts lol. The first I killed without looking at the stats, wasn't a fan of the colour, but I couldn't pass up the second when it hatched a blue mut. Pity isnt doesnt appear to have a useful stat mutation.

Theres a gas collector at my other set up too.

If it helps the element situation, we could always run an element vein in Extinction and transfer masses of dust over ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I spent the morning breeding Yuti's for egg laying females hatched 20 eggs got 5 females. Brings my female count to 9.

Then I bred otters and got 0 mutations so going to try again need to get more fish first. But I got another female to breed so that's fine.

Flew around looking for brontos to get lots of meat found a 145 female rex so obviously had to tame it. Got rex and all the meat home for my next breeding for the rexes.

I have yet to start work on my first zoo enclosure which will be my thylas. Although I have finished the layout for it finally.

Completed my cliffside layout and most builds I now have a Dino storage barn, egg barn, hatchery, house, workshop and storage, greenhouse and up on the cliffs behind I have my taxidermy museum and the zoo layouts in place. 

Below the cliffs I have a breeding and hatching area for all the large Dino's and a water pen just out front. Still need a water hatching pen.

I have my wandering Dino pen between the cliffs. 

Now what to do I'm starting to run out of ideas.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yep... could have been less...

Yeah... the first two megas I hatched out were muts lol. The first I killed without looking at the stats, wasn't a fan of the colour, but I couldn't pass up the second when it hatched a blue mut. Pity isnt doesnt appear to have a useful stat mutation.

Theres a gas collector at my other set up too.

If it helps the element situation, we could always run an element vein in Extinction and transfer masses of dust over ? 

Less?! If it escaped maybe :P

I saw :) Wanted more since we had some in fabby. Yeah it will help, you get 3 element per charge station per 30 mins. Its enough to keep our main gennies topped up or power tek arm etc but we will need more especially since a few of our gens are at 10x, I try to keep the outposts 2x max to save element. Its just a shame dust takes so long to craft. Usually ill load up 5-10k dust and craft it in my inventory when I go to sleep, leave the xbox on for an hour hehe

edit: mass dust will help Rag too, until we nail out a boss

Edited by d1nk

Got lots of time today so this will be a two part'er. Started off on Aberration. Continued crafting element and imprinted a few extra Megalo for drake farming. Did more farming top ups, then hopped to the Center to fill up some resources there.

After a long time of feeding gachas I brought over some things to Ab and prepped for Reaper hunting tomorrow. Repaired my Tek Suit then started preparing for some Extinction fun.

A server mate needed Gigas for OSD. I hopped over there and started incubating some eggs for him. When everyone got on we knocked out a Desert Titan kill, netting us a Tek helmet BP - the last piece we needed for full blueprint quality Tek suit! Yay

After that Saltire and another server guy spent a few hours looking for red OSD"s... No luck. We settled on a 50k vein topping up our element on Extinction, good for the gennies. Also got us a buttload of dust for Aberration to keep all our teleports going.

I hopped back to Ab and imprinted another 2 Megalo. The stars aligned and I got 100% on both while doing some house clean up. Just back on TC right now topping up and prepping to craft two Tek Helmets before I take a break.

• Like 2

Well. Today definitely did not go as planned.

I was operating under the assumption the rotating weekend event would be the same as the last one so I spent a considerable amount of time early in the morning finishing some prep work. Making kibble, darts, and I went out and tamed a tek stego for more efficient production of narcs. Also did a metal run and made a BP rifle with extremely high damage, another gift from I.

Server admin felt otherwise, however. Instead of a taming boon we got...increased 5x loot quality, randomized beacon spawns and 1.5 wild dino damage. Fantastic. RIP to the guys who had organized a King Titan run for this weekend, no point now. Also not much point in taming. So I had to find something else to do.

First I spent some time helping out a newer player on the server. Gave him some spare dodo eggs to make a hatchery, one of my thorny dragons and some spare gear I had lying around.

Then I headed out to Extinction with my doed in hand to tame gachas. It's been on my to do list for awhile. I got very lucky. Came home with an element dust gacha, also one for black pearls and one for silica pearls, the latter of which is mainly for the production of spino saddles. Wish I had found one with obsidian so I could work on hard poly, but that's for another day. On the way back I also happened to come across a 145 enforcer, got a pretty decent asc bp so that's nice.

Transferred home and got to work. I set the gachas up, the two pearlers in the pagoda and the element dust safely tucked away inside my base. Also moved all of my adult yutys to the pagoda so they're very much out of the way now.

Then I started doing two things: breeding and culling. I painstakingly went through all of my cryopods and breeding stock and honestly I reduced my total number of animals by about 1/2. There are just so many things I don't need anymore. I cut my argent flock in half, went down to just 3 spinos, culled half my velos and got rid of all of my rexes. I did not cull the ugly Easter rex, but I did give her away for free. Most of the breeding animals I culled I bred first, mainly to see what I would get.

None of the argents were worth keeping. The velos didn't give me anything either. Most of the spinos were hopeless except...the final egg I popped gave me a male and female set of twins with perfect stats. All except the 0 speed. This basically "forks" my breeding line into two. The twins are the base of my spino army for bosses. Yes, you read that correctly. The stats I have on this line and the max armor saddles I can make should be enough to take on alpha brood and alpha monkey, if my new new friend is to be believed. And you know what, what is even the point of breeding super strong spinos if I'm not going to use them. Sure, rexes are easier for most people. Not for me. My playstyle has always been built around having spinos as my main mount. So I'm just gonna go for it. My line starts with 55 HP and 46 melee and I have saddles with 352 armor. Plus they are aberrant spinos, sacrificing a bit of survivability in order to maximize their combat potential. I'm just gonna go for it. Anything rexes can do, my spinos can do too. It just might take longer to stack up enough stats to achieve it, is all.

The second fork of my spino line is basically the same stats, but dropping that pesky speed stat and possibly food in the future. I can also completely drop weight, food, oxy and stamina on the boss spinos if I really want to, though with this server's settings the need for such a thing is far, far in the future. But anyway. This other line will be my general use mount and will make use of mutations from the army line, but also ones those spinos might not need like stamina and weight and maybe even oxy for a deep sea specialist line. This is why I'm so frustrated with the mating timers on this server, because spinos really benefit from different builds and being able to mutation stack properly really opens up some interesting possibilities for them. But, that is an argument I'm not going to win, sadly.

While continuing to raise the yutys and the new spinos, I also popped my snow owl egg, wanted one imprinted to me and also in case of accidents. Also finally got a female thorny dragon with weight so I can work on that a little. Not doing the full line I had envisioned, just enough to get an imprinted utility dino and a backup egg or two.

Since my nanny persistently fails to feed babies, I hand fed them all while cleaning up around the base. Underrated feature of gachas, just chucking all the random crap I don't need into them and getting stuff I do need out.

That said, it's been a long and adventurous day and with a final meat run to top off the troughs, I'll be done for the night. And likely the weekend as I have plans for tomorrow. If I can spare some time in the morning I want to at least breed my new spino pair and this thorny dragon. And the velos too since I culled the original stat male so definitely need a backup.

The loot quality thing isn't all that exciting and I am just so extremely disappointed overall, but I'm making the best of it.

• Like 4

Private Xbox Cluster.

All over the place yesterday. Fixed a broken ini line that’s been bugging me for ages in the server start up log on Ragnarok. All because I was missing a single parentheses, so that was fun. Took my taming boat up to Jerboa island and logged out.

Jumped over to The Center to stock up on element dust to transfer to each of my servers that have tek gens. Logged into Extinction briefly to fill up the gens, and went on a hunt to find a male element dust Gacha. Had no luck so jumped over to the The Island to fill tek gen.

Hopped back over to Ragnarok and tamed a 140 Bulbdog on Jerboa island (I replaced that islands spawns with lantern pets). Took my taming boat back to bases and logged out, not before filling my tek gen.

Hopped back over to The Center to continue hunting for that male element dust Gacha (I have them spawning under the snowy grass plains to simulate the sunken forest on Extinction). Tamed 10 Gachas, 6 males, 4 females but no element dust of either gender. Managed to get 3 organic poly makers and 2 red sap makes so may be useful on Aberration at some point. Logged off for several hours.

Jumped on to Extinction with the intention to help @d1nk and @AngrySaltire with OSD’s so was out on my Gigas having some fun killing everything I saw. It went silent in chat so I logged off for the night - was too tired and could barely read the chat prior to that anyway.

• Like 4

Well, the plan was to tame that Quetz I saw last time, but it never really got off the ground. 

I hopped off my Argy while it was flying just above the ground, grappled to him, hit the "All Move To" key while pointing into the sky, and . . . he landed. "What the heck?" I made sure he was in the right tame group and listening to whistles, and he still did it. I must have tried for a good twenty minutes getting it to work, but he just wouldn't cooperate. One time, I hit the key when we were on the ground and he started walking in that direction. Definitely don't think that would be much help with Quetz taming. I don't know if this has anything to do with it being a no flyer carry server. So I figured, I'd go the Tapejara route. 

I tame one of those, hop in the front seat, hit the "All Move To" key, and he lands too. "Rassin Frassin!" So I eventually gave up on the Quetz.

As a consolation prize, I did a mega-metal run and finally built an Industrial Forge. I also put out a grinder from the Automated Ark mod. Afterward, I decided to get some working dinos and tamed a Doed, Megaloceros, and am working on a Castoroides now. Think that will be it for the day.

Edited by Chudz66
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1