So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

7 hours ago, d1nk said:

Whatever works man, I have no idea about the red zone. I mightve been mistaken on exact coords spot tbh he only showed clips of the trap location in the video i skimmed haha

I was around the red zone last night for giggs to test out tek suit - our quality TEK bps will make dealing with stuff there a lot easier im sure - got pinned twice by raptors and my lowest dura (helm / gloves) barely took any (when we say barely .. 10% dura.. ark needs to work out dura damage a bit)

Anyways, we will work it out :) I assume you're almost ready to get this going? Ill have lots of time to grind this weekend

What? tek is immune to radiation? When did that happen?

Tbh am still in the testing phase, checking the idea worked before commiting to the plan. Was planning on metal structures just in case but I think stone should be more than enough so could probably advance the plan.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

What? tek is immune to radiation? When did that happen?

Tbh am still in the testing phase, checking the idea worked before commiting to the plan. Was planning on metal structures just in case but I think stone should be more than enough so could probably advance the plan.

Since a few patches ago - tested it myself. Also immune to spores and all environmental damage on Ab with it on :D Thats why you see me in TEK there! We need a tek helm bp now haha.

Only problem is ill be breeding then shoot off into space or into the river in a crabs face......damn jet pack lol. I wonder if i can do haz chest and tek rest

Just was on for an hour last night. Got my last few imprints on an anky and spino then went and smacked some metal rocks near the edge of blue. My wife was watching as I was doing this and a pack of ravagers attacked my anky and pushed us off the edge into blue. I then got swarmed by nameless lol. Cryopodded the anky when I could and took off in the air on my jet pack......only for it to run out of element and i fell deeper into blue. 20 minute adventure trying to get back up fighting nameless then had to go see a movie with the wife's family. Aladdin wasnt THAT bad besides the frozen type singing number by the princess lol

• Like 1

Aberration - Private Xbox Cluster

Made a fresh start on this map. Chose the fertile lake but I’m now regretting this decision because metal seems to be a great distance away.

Built a little 3x3 shack in between some metal features, and slowly converting it to wood. I’m surrounding by actual high level dinos which I’ve died to a few times such as Carno’s and Raptors but I’m not at the stage where I can tame them yet. I plan to build a taming raft in the lake so I can at least tame something here before I move on.

Last session though I had to put the game down due to severe lag or that’s what I thought it was but it was actually a client to server synchronisation issue. I thought I was walking along side the lake but I was actually drowning a little ways out into the lake and killed by Mega Piranha.

• Sad 4

For the last few days I've just been raising two managamr babies (breeding pair) with amazing stats somebody gave me for some black pearl gachas last sunday night when he was drunk and they've been eyeglazing with the two baby female rexes i'll use to breed even more rex's. My private lil' army.  And then I got a little bored and went to Ragnarok to see if there were any wyvern eggs to steal. I wasn't expecting anything at all as i've seen highest lvl99 on my two trips before.  But got a 155 fire, 160 fire, 160 fire, 180 poison, 185 poison... guess what i'm doing this weekend? Guessed it - milk time with mommy dearest. I'll be busy in other words. ?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Since a few patches ago - tested it myself. Also immune to spores and all environmental damage on Ab with it on :D Thats why you see me in TEK there! We need a tek helm bp now haha.

Only problem is ill be breeding then shoot off into space or into the river in a crabs face......damn jet pack lol. I wonder if i can do haz chest and tek rest

Oh magical. Just need to sort out the element for the suits. Just had a thought.  Would using the tek suit be viable to farming the surface drops ? Boost around, drop in and grab the loot before anythingbcan even get near you ? 

Basically mass crafted stone structures on the Island tonight, should be able to get some basic structures down in the next day or two and think about getting a couple of tek generators and teleporters crafted up. Just need to select the appropriate location for both ends of the teleporter.

Unfortunately another late night at work last night led to me not logging in. Luckily I woke up early and at least checked on all my babies and whatnot. Everything was fine.

Logged in tonight, everyone was grown up and ready to breed. Also I had the foresight to throw preserving salts in my troughs so I still had an entire trough of raw meat left after I condensed everything. Didn't need to run meat or anything.

Bred the spinos, culled 1 argent, bred the rest.

Ended up keeping just 2 argents and nothing else.

The new yutys have been quite the boon for eggs. Debating if I want to try for just one more female or not.

Either way, made up 20 more kibble. The real bottleneck here is now honey since I only have the one hive. But, if I just make kibble as I get eggs instead of waiting until I need kibble I can stay on top of production. I could also just make another hive, but I don't think it's really necessary for the amount of taming I do.

For spinos I'm happy overall with the current base bloodline, mainly I'm now looking for a good melee roll. Current high is 46, I know I can easily get over 50 so I'd really like to aim for that this weekend. I've got 55 HP and 58 stamina to work with, plus I can drop speed out of the line completely too.

Argents I know I can get 60+ because they don't dump stats into speed, so I definitely want to aim for high weight and high stamina, already got 50+ on each but I can't see any reason to not push a little higher. This is just for utility, don't care that much about HP or melee though of course I'll keep those in my lines if I've got em.

Velos need the most work by far, as I don't have any 7x difficulty tames from 2 weeks ago. HP, stamina and melee are all extremely lackluster, even for standard difficulty. I have the one bred one for caves, but I know I can do a lot better. I'd also like to try for some better colors.

I also need to bite the bullet and just tame some rexes, no one on my unofficial is willing to share their boss rex lines for some reason. My friend I is but it's a fresh line of tek rexes, so we'll see. I do appreciate her being so open about sharing stats and bloodlines with me. I really don't understand why some people are so closed to the idea of sharing bloodlines. It's not like I begged for them for free, I'm offering to pay extremely well for 3 eggs. But since a lot of the active members have everything already, I guess they'd rather sit on their eggs...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cymas said:

I also need to bite the bullet and just tame some rexes, no one on my unofficial is willing to share their boss rex lines for some reason. My friend I is but it's a fresh line of tek rexes, so we'll see. I do appreciate her being so open about sharing stats and bloodlines with me. I really don't understand why some people are so closed to the idea of sharing bloodlines. It's not like I begged for them for free, I'm offering to pay extremely well for 3 eggs. But since a lot of the active members have everything already, I guess they'd rather sit on their eggs...

Ive never understood that either. Im always trying to trade. On our cluster we have the top theriz line, our friend shared his rexs no problem and ive given out numerous free theriz fertilized eggs. This one person I helped out was taming squid like crazy during Easter, I hate deep ocean so i asked to trade him for one. I offered very well (including my theriz line, cloned event crabs, mantis, even premade tek items (teleport genny and element combo) No dice. 

Some people just dont like to trade which I guess I can understand. I would trade anything I can make copies / breed and always offer blueprints for people to craft. 

12 hours ago, d1nk said:

Ive never understood that either. Im always trying to trade. On our cluster we have the top theriz line, our friend shared his rexs no problem and ive given out numerous free theriz fertilized eggs. This one person I helped out was taming squid like crazy during Easter, I hate deep ocean so i asked to trade him for one. I offered very well (including my theriz line, cloned event crabs, mantis, even premade tek items (teleport genny and element combo) No dice. 

Some people just dont like to trade which I guess I can understand. I would trade anything I can make copies / breed and always offer blueprints for people to craft. 

I think this behavior shows how a person behaves in real life.  Are you the person who helps out others, and wants to make sure everyone is doing ok, or are you the kind that only focuses on self?

Kind of like the people who steal food out of food troughs, even though the server gather rates are super boosted.  I on the other hand stop at empty bases and dump food into the food troughs.

Oh well. Good Luck to Cymas getting a Rex line.  I need to do the same thing this weekend. Spent a couple hours last night ,and only found one high level rex. So I have my work cut out for me.

Last night I did manage to tame a very high level colored Griffin, and also a max level Tek Raptor for my friend who loves all things Tek.

Did some more scouting for a new base location .... I think I found a spot, but will probably craft up thatch parts to pre-build, to make sure it works.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Built my first tri-ramp pitfall trap in a taming outpost not far from the Ragnarok green obelisk. The outpost location has several narrow paths up to it, with three possible approaches, so I thought why not build a pitfall trap with three possible entry ways. 

tri-ramp_trap.jpg

I always do love seeing your traps.

• Like 1

The Plan

Drop off the snail I promised, along with some cakes, at the main tribe’s base on Herbivore Island, then build a taming raft.

The Delivery (Note, all dialogue below is just my side of the conversation, and is of course not an exact transcription.)

“Hello, this is Chudz-Express. I have a snail package for Herbi-Island, will anyone be there to receive it?”

“Yes? Wonderful, I’m on my way.”

Halfway to the drop off, I realize I forgot the cakes. “Rassin-Frassin!”

Having dropped off the snail and cakes, I’m on my way back to base. . . .

“What do you mean the snail is hungry already?”

“I think I have enough spare honey to make some more cakes. I’ll let you know.”

And thusly, the Snail-Obesity epidemic began on the server.

The Delay

I’m back at base just getting ready to start on the raft when something along the lines of, “The Forest Titan Has Been Tamed,” pops in at the top of my screen.

“What the. . . .” I’m still on the island, right?

Turns out the admin was just messing around and invited me over to see the titans with the others. And since I’ve never seen one in game, I flew over posthaste.

Ohhhhhhhhhh, Kaiju!” ???

The Raft

Hmm, it’s been a long time since I made a small taming raft. I manage to sink the foundations without issue, “Woo Hoo!” Now was it five wide or three wide? Let’s go five wide.

Several minutes later, I get a message. “Hey, Dummy! You can’t cram anything else onto this freakin’ boat.” Paraphrasing of course. Well, I guess it was three wide.

So after a little remodeling, the Chudzitanic is ready to set sail.

Next Plan: I think I'll try to get my next level of eggers for kibble. We’ll see how that goes.

Edited by Chudz66
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Last nights main plan was two fold:

1) Farm enough metal to build a Tek genny, teleport and other goodies for the metal base

2) Actually make and install said pieces.

Stage one went well. Got on and prepped to head deep into Blue. Brought a crab, anky, a Megalo for a bodyguard and went down. Found a real nice spot to farm and in about 30 mins had 10k ingots (in raw metal form) Let it all smelt while i made dinner.

After dinner i went back up to fertile to grab my drake and borrow my transmitter (wasnt going to carry 10k ingots back up...) Got back to the metal base, put the ingots in the cloud and transferred to The Center. Was a tad low on element so I borrowed a bit from our 3 tek gens in the base (seriously....we have over 15 tek gens to manage now on our cluster....) made up the pieces and transferred back. This weekend im going to run a boss or two on Center to replenish our element.

Got back to Aberration and went back down to blue with the genny and teleport. On the way down I found a nicer spot for an outpost and ALMOST picked it all up and moved but decided against it last moment. Installed the genny and teleport then did another big metal run.

Popped back up to Fertile, sorted out some shinehorns and realized how late it was, got a vinyl trailer today to unload (fml) and logged out.

Just finished that 10 minutes ago! 45,000 lbs by hand! Back to work now. Tonight ill sort out some extra shinehorns for blue base and probably farm another 10k ingots for reserves. Might make a transmitter here, the logistics of moving 10k+ ingots frequently will be a nightmare. 

• Like 3

PS4 -

So I forgot to mention this little tidbit.  On one of the boosted unofficial servers I'm on, I tamed  both a horse and a jerboa about 2 weeks ago. Since then they have pretty much just sat in the middle of the base. 

So for the last few weeks, I have had to do near daily food runs to get enough berries and seeds to keep the herbivore dinos fed. Every day when I log on, the food bins have meat (even with growing gigas and rexs) but almost always out of berries.  I thought it was odd, and I even locked the bin to make sure it wasn't some troll stealing the berries.

Well last night, I decided to move around the horse and Jerboa. I first clicked on their stats.

Then I saw it ..... instead of using all of their points into weight, I accidently put all their points into FOOD!   So they both have been trying to fill up their  Million unit food quota!

smh ..... the pains of boosted server!  LOL

Edited by Aushegun
I;m a bade spellner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Last nights main plan was two fold:

1) Farm enough metal to build a Tek genny, teleport and other goodies for the metal base

2) Actually make and install said pieces.

Stage one went well. Got on and prepped to head deep into Blue. Brought a crab, anky, a Megalo for a bodyguard and went down. Found a real nice spot to farm and in about 30 mins had 10k ingots (in raw metal form) Let it all smelt while i made dinner.

After dinner i went back up to fertile to grab my drake and borrow my transmitter (wasnt going to carry 10k ingots back up...) Got back to the metal base, put the ingots in the cloud and transferred to The Center. Was a tad low on element so I borrowed a bit from our 3 tek gens in the base (seriously....we have over 15 tek gens to manage now on our cluster....) made up the pieces and transferred back. This weekend im going to run a boss or two on Center to replenish our element.

Got back to Aberration and went back down to blue with the genny and teleport. On the way down I found a nicer spot for an outpost and ALMOST picked it all up and moved but decided against it last moment. Installed the genny and teleport then did another big metal run.

Popped back up to Fertile, sorted out some shinehorns and realized how late it was, got a vinyl trailer today to unload (fml) and logged out.

Just finished that 10 minutes ago! 45,000 lbs by hand! Back to work now. Tonight ill sort out some extra shinehorns for blue base and probably farm another 10k ingots for reserves. Might make a transmitter here, the logistics of moving 10k+ ingots frequently will be a nightmare. 

Ok, I am tired from just reading that. Let alone actually doing it. I need a nap.  :)

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Ok, I am tired from just reading that. Let alone actually doing it. I need a nap.  :)

Easy when you are set up for it :P I live to grind. Our rates arent even super boosted all things considered. The admin did a good job at balancing harvest vs carryweight vs node health. Very balanced for 5x harvest (4x? 6x? Dont remember)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Easy when you are set up for it :P I live to grind. Our rates arent even super boosted all things considered. The admin did a good job at balancing harvest vs carryweight vs node health. Very balanced for 5x harvest (4x? 6x? Dont remember)

4x harvest, 5x player weight, and 4x dino weight (tamed, per level, and affinity respectively). Node health is actually 1x but I removed the health clamp on Ragnarok. Balance is key when tweaking settings, so if you change 1 thing, prepare to change something else ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

( Was a tad low on element so I borrowed a bit from our 3 tek gens in the base (seriously....we have over 15 tek gens to manage now on our cluster....) made up the pieces and transferred back. This weekend im going to run a boss or two on Center to replenish our element.

I beat you to the boss fight ?

Aberration and Center

Got a lot done today. Started of by laying down my reaper holding pen and also spent a bit of time grinding out enough mats for 2 tek gennys and 2 teleporters, thankfully d1nk had some stuff left over but my word I had the organic poly gacha working overtime for that and also did a few metal runs. Set up the just round the corner from our breeding base on the same level. Used the design I came up with in my testing phase. An 8x8 foundation with the teleporter and then a ceiling suspended ontop of that. Used a mix of large walls and double door frames for the walls of the pen. Got the teleporter down and put a geny close by. Ran a quick test with my rock drake by teleporting from our main pad. Drake ended up on the ceiling and in the trap as planned and I ended up on the foundations. Just got to pray to the Ark Gods that you dont get wedged between the teleporter and ceiling above. Finished off by building a small baby reaper hatching building, got 5 individual pens so that we can raise multiples at once. 

Then arranged to do a boss fight on the Center with our neighbour THC to replenish our element stores. We had precisely 7 element left in our stocks stock, must admit I too had been raiding the generators. I took the theri squad and THC brought a rex. We smashed the duo twice and got a whole load of element and more importantly some dermises of the bosses. Shared some element with THC but I still ended up coming out with 1800 element to put into our stocks, some of which went into the teleporters and gennys I crafted for the reaper trap. The order of the story is out of chronological order slightly, but saved splitting up the story about grinding the tek.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Kissing the ADMIN's butt like he might somehow be able to read your comment!  ? ?

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

4x harvest, 5x player weight, and 4x dino weight (tamed, per level, and affinity respectively). Node health is actually 1x but I removed the health clamp on Ragnarok. Balance is key when tweaking settings, so if you change 1 thing, prepare to change something else ?

SaltyMonkey.

How hard is it to tweak the "burn rate" of Element on a server?

Reason I ask, is that on the "grinder" element server, the Tek Geny is fine at its rate of burn.  But the TEK forcefield seems to burn thru the element 8-10x faster than the geny. And when I open the forcefield to look at the amount of E in it, I can literally see the units burn down in seconds.

This server is boosted in gather rates and stacking mod, and has weight boosted to near infinity, but I feel like the forcefield burns too fast.

(On another server I play on, the Geny and FF burn very slow, like actually too slow (I used only 2 element in the geny over a 7 day period.)

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Kissing the ADMIN's butt like he might somehow be able to read your comment!  ? ?

More like admiration :P Salty works hard at being admin and I appreciate it both as a player of said server and a fellow ARK'er. We were buds on forums long before I joined his server :) I only joined it about when you quit posting here for that break (1yr ago~) 

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

SaltyMonkey.

How hard is it to tweak the "burn rate" of Element on a server?

Reason I ask, is that on the "grinder" element server, the Tek Geny is fine at its rate of burn.  But the TEK forcefield seems to burn thru the element 8-10x faster than the geny. And when I open the forcefield to look at the amount of E in it, I can literally see the units burn down in seconds.

This server is boosted in gather rates and stacking mod, and has weight boosted to near infinity, but I feel like the forcefield burns too fast.

(On another server I play on, the Geny and FF burn very slow, like actually too slow (I used only 2 element in the geny over a 7 day period.)

Easy. Theres a consumption rate for generators which works for both TEK and regular. Ill leave the details to Salty as im a bit fuzzy - been awhile.

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

How about a drake pumped purely into weight XD 

Too big still - cant fit through dino gates :( Now ill use a weight.........dunno. Which ever dino gets ingot reduction besides Argy (Aberration) or maybe a bear. Ive gotten 8k weight onto a bear on this server before ill breed some weight ones one day haha

• Like 1