So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

25 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Good one last night! Wife was out at a play so got the whole night to myself. Started on Ragnarok. Wanted to farm up a bunch of structures, metal and finish the base up a tad. Did a few material runs, a big metal run and placed my Tek Replicator, forge and made the main industrial crafting area on the roof.

Popped over to The Island, transferred my character there to Aberration. First time transferring on this cluster, spawned near fertile lake right outside Saltires base. Couldnt use the transmitter - so I called a buddy on the server to pick me up in his tribe temporarily and made my way to my base spot.

Did quite a few transfers around the clusters grabbing a load of stuff. Did more premade runs and ended up making a decent sized place outside blue zone. Placed a transmitter and completed most of the exterior structure after quite a few hours of transfers, building and farming. Killed an Alpha krab right outside my base.

Im just waiting to tribe up with Saltire then finish the base

Cool Ill be on tonight. I scouted your base out earlier ?I have just about finished my main build. Got a tek genny down and need to stick the teleporter down, thinking of linking the two bases by teleporter. You got any idea what to do ? Like make one of them the breeding center or something ? 

• Like 1

Just now, AngrySaltire said:

Cool Ill be on tonight. I scouted your base out earlier ?I have just about finished my main build. Got a tek genny down and need to stick the teleporter down, thinking of linking the two bases by teleporter. You got any idea what to do ? Like make one of them the breeding center or something ? 

Yeah probably sounds good, not entirely sure which but mine could make a decent breeding base - im babysitting all day but later maybe we can meet up when my niece naps

• Like 1

Aberration 

As has already been mentioned, the server rotation on our cluster did not go to plan but at least now we have a full cluster to play with. Instead of going to Scorched as I was planning I just had to go to Aberration instead, definitely my favourite DLC. Sucks to have to reestablish though. I transfered in a bunch of stuff and got my main base down in my old build location in the fallen nexus. Fitted it out with the essentials plus hooked up a tek transmitter and teleporter. Met up with d1nk and merged tribes. Farmed up a teleporter and tek genny for his base too so we can link our bases. Still not decided what to use my build for. Maybe we could use d1nks base a breeding center and mine for storage.

Once I get fully set up my plan is to build up another trench team consisting of a spino and squad of megalosaurus and get them into the trench for drake egg farming. But my ultimate goal for the msp at the moment is to tame reapers, never done that before and I have a few ideas on that. I want to set up some sort of reaper raising facility maybe nearby our bases in the fertile zone and have it linked to a trap in the red zone by teleporter. Aim for high level reapers and get multiple kings. Might take a bit of testing and trial and error but it should be fun.  

• Like 1

Busy day yesterday.

So, according to the server admin the 7x difficulty is a rotating event every other weekend. That's great news for taming. The bad news is it makes hunting for stats pointless 90% of the time. I'll have to spend my time wisely to make the most of it.

This being an off weekend, I spent most of the day in base making some significant changes. I cryo'd up most of my animals, especially my breeders. Moving my hatchery area up onto what was previously my wyvern platform. One wyvern has since died and the other one is in the fridge, leaving Norothrax by himself, he doesn't seem to care though. Honestly I could pop one of the higher level eggs I picked up last week but I don't really need another wyvern right now so...yeah. The next one I hatch will be a max level, if anything. Anyway.

One of the issues with my hatchery was having a separate generator that was constantly running out of gas because I always forgot to turn it off when I wasn't using it. First I widened the bridge across to my main base so animals can now comfortably traverse it. Then I ran my cabling from my base to the hatchery. Now everything runs from one generator. Can't wait to get a tek gen and remove all those unsightly (but hidden) wires but that's a long way off at this rate.

I also finally built the rear corner of my base, turned it into a loft greenhouse. It's pretty small, just 4 plots, but I really shouldn't need more than that. I'll let my temporary plots keep producing until they run out of fertilizer and then remove them, they're right in front of the bridge.

I took my theri over to the swamp and did a massive run on rare flowers. Got my payment for the manas sorted, plus enough for the promised rexes and more than enough for myself too. Managed to make 40 extraordinary kibble in preparation for next weekend. It sounds like a lot but it's not enough, not by far.

Then I started breeding what I could. Side note, my spino grew up fine but my juvenile thorny dragon starved, not sure how that happened. I just have no luck at all with that line. First thing I bred was my argent, popped a female with all the stats I wanted, basically almost a clone of her mother. Imprinted it's going to have something like 900 base weight. Then I bred my mana pair, got a female, again with all the stats I wanted. Side note babies do still jet into the sky when born. Luckily it didn't fly off the cliff...

My new friend also stopped by to pick up the flower and also to give me a female spino with the high HP roll so I can try to breed it into my lines. So I bred that and got...another 0 hp spino. Amazing. Every other stat I wanted transferred. I'll keep it though simply because I can pair it with my 0 speed male and work on dumping that useless 48 points from my line.

I didn't have too much else on the docket but chatting about breeding and various past projects has me wanting to work on colors again. So I went out hunting argents with the aim of breeding a full white bird. Once I've got the colors I'll breed it with my stat females until I've got a full white utility bird. Only managed to get 2 birds before I got tired. Stocked up my troughs and logged for the night.

• Like 1

Got some sneaky time in yesterday. After tribing with Saltire I finished most of the main build of our new breeding pen. Added a few touched here and there and added in the filler, vaults, fridges etc. Hatched a spino egg from my non-abberant spinos just for a river clearer. Imprinted it to 100% (love the new timers!) Then continued to build and farm.

Placed my teleport temporarily upstairs then farmed out a teleport spot after. I went to go pick up the teleport to replace it and...cant. Saltire must not have placed my admin rights lol - ill do that next time im on

Farmed up a bunch of mats and made more fridges, AC etc then hopped over to The Center to make some needed TEK stuff. We were low on mats so spent a bit of time running the gachas. Made some tek sleeping pods, some extra doors and grabbed some premade vaults, brought all our Abberant breeders over (megas, spinos) and fleshed out the breeding pen more.

Im sure I left some stuff out but got a lot of work on our breeding pen done today. Future plans include a blue outpost for manufacturing and raising a few imprinted tames (anky, megalo, ab spino) etc

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Got some sneaky time in yesterday. After tribing with Saltire I finished most of the main build of our new breeding pen. Added a few touched here and there and added in the filler, vaults, fridges etc. Hatched a spino egg from my non-abberant spinos just for a river clearer. Imprinted it to 100% (love the new timers!) Then continued to build and farm.

Placed my teleport temporarily upstairs then farmed out a teleport spot after. I went to go pick up the teleport to replace it and...cant. Saltire must not have placed my admin rights lol - ill do that next time im on

Farmed up a bunch of mats and made more fridges, AC etc then hopped over to The Center to make some needed TEK stuff. We were low on mats so spent a bit of time running the gachas. Made some tek sleeping pods, some extra doors and grabbed some premade vaults, brought all our Abberant breeders over (megas, spinos) and fleshed out the breeding pen more.

Im sure I left some stuff out but got a lot of work on our breeding pen done today. Future plans include a blue outpost for manufacturing and raising a few imprinted tames (anky, megalo, ab spino) etc

Apparantly I didnt have the right to pick it up either. Dammit Ark I am tribe leader !  Had to demolish it and build it again a bit annoying. Love the base btw. Functional as always

Aberration 

Today consisted of getting the megalo and spino breeding up and running. Uncryoed all the aberant spinos to find out they were all male, must have lost females somewhere down the line, so I had to go on the hunt for a wild female to tame. Cleared the river to force a high level to spawn. Settled on a 125 female. Rushed back to base and got a temporary trap down in one of the valleys next to the base. Rushed back to the spino and noticed it acting all weird, almost like it was torpored, but spino AI and dino AI in general is a bit weird at times. At which point the shout went out on chat 'dont kill it' as I attacked it to aggro it. Our neighbour had also spotted the 125 and was trying to tame it but he was having problems, it didnt stay in his trap. He lost sight of it but I spotted where it went and downed it in two darts before it did something stupid, like run off the cliff into the blue zone. Tamed it up and the pact was to share the spoils of the tame. So I mated it with my good male spino and shared out the eggs. Everyone was happy.

Hatched a female spino with the good male stats and we have a breeding pair of aberrant spinos again. Stock pilled a bunch of ab spino and ab megalos eggs and put a selection into both my and d1nks personal fridges for rasing. Hatched up 2 spinos and 5 megalos to raise and imprint. 1 off the spinos will be a general use spino and the other will be the lead dino for the megalo squad. Finished up with a bit of featherlight breeding too. Want to get the blue colour I have from a wild tame into my current line to go with my gold and red birds, so I have a selection of 3 different colours. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Luckylucas said:

Can someone tell me where to find tapejaras on the island I've been searching around the middle island but found nothing

Edit: single player, Nintendo switch (I hate my life ) that means no mods

I tamed my first one in the swamps near the Green Obi. If you head from the obi down southeast, there's at least one that spawns in the jungle there, I've seen it many times on the south edge of the trees near the cove. 

Actually, you could just check this - https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Map_(The_Island)

PS4 - Unofficial cluster

Spent a fair amount of time this weekend playing.

I friend I made over on the "Easy E" cluster, joined me on this server on Friday, and we spent most of that night finding him a spot to build, and getting him set up.  I gifted him a ton of the extras I had, so he was fully functional by the end of the night.

Saturday was spent on the Grinder Element server, and I farmed about 45k crystal, and enough black pearl to craft over 400 Element! so that will keep the Forcefield going for 3-4 days.

Some d-bags, have been using the public teleporter near my base, to dump unwanted gachas/tames.  Because of some wierd server settings, the tamed Gachas heal so quickly, that they are near impossible to kill. So people who are too lazy to cryopod and put them in the grinder, just leave them around the map. unforunately , the ADmin was dealing with some more important requests the entire time he was on, do I didn't bother him to come remove those gachas.  Maybe some night this week.

I also discovered the attraction to featherlights .... I ended up taming 7 on the day, 3 females and 4 males. one female in Valentines Pink, and 1 male in Easter event Blue. The rest were nice too, but those two are my favorite. I also tamed up a few more shinehorns and glowtails. I now have Shinehorns with Orange, Bluem Green, Red, & White horns. Lots of nice body stripe colors as well.

I also tamed up 3-4 colored Griffins, including a max level Hot pink body with neon green wings. Possibly the ugliest Griffin ever, but couldn't pass it up.

I also found a beautiful Royal Blue, With Cyan and Bright Yellow Griff,  kited it into my trap, and promptly hit the wrong button and killed it.  :(

Oh well.

Tamed 2 more event colored thylas, one of which is near max level.

I did an bunch of Wyvern egg runs, and after killing an Alpha Wyv, I was able to hatch all of the eggs. I cyro'd all of the vanilla colored low level ones, and kept and raised 3 event colored ones, including my new main ride a Hot Pink Fire Wyv, with Neon Green and black trim.  It looks pretty cool, and is quite noticeable in the air.

The Chat in this server was quite amusing, as some kid was begging people to let him join their tribe. Someone did, and they played and had fun for like 6 hours. Then the Original Tribe person logged of for the night. Soon after, the new kid in the tribe began trying to sell off all of the tribe dinos. No one was buying, so he eventually logged off. (Found out on Sunday evening, that he unclaimed and scattered the dinos all over the map, then quit the tribe, and left the server.  Why do people have to grief/troll like this?  The original tribe member was devastated when he came back on Sunday.

I helped him out by giving him a Griff, Ptera and Thyla, to get him started.

Sunday I spent the majority of time on the Easy E server cluster. I started out by transferring over to EXt map, to reset the decay and update the flag color on my outpost there. Then I loaded up on some supplies (ELement dust, a force field, transmitter, and some building material) and I went to the Abberation server in the cluster.

I have never played much Abb, because I always get lost, and I really hate that feeling of not knowing how to get around properly.

I spawned in the upper NW corner of the map, not far from the cave entrance to the featherlights.

I found a safe spot nestled amongst some huge metal structure, to build the first outpost. Once again, this is a boosted server, and element is made by raw metal!!  So after I had gathered and smelted enough to make a Tek Replicator, and then finally finding a drop to craft it in, I was off and running.

I brought a Ptera over with me, and then tamed up a Tek Parasaur, and a couple Ravagers for protection. I then tamed up a pair of Bulbdogs, and bred them right away and got twins.

I built the base on a ledge, and because of the metal structure so close, I didn't need any more of a building that the foundations, and then the forcefield protects the rest.

The only bad thing, is that the first ravager that jumped me, broke all of my tek suit, and I didn't have enough black pearls to repair it after making the Replicator. So I will need to research where to find resources on Abb map for the future.

I then transferred back to the Rag map, and did normal chores around the base, as well as drop more dinos into the shark pond, to feed them.  Good thing I did, because all 3 troughs were totally empty. I hope someone isn't stealing the food out of them. I built a box around one trough, and we will see if that one empties along with the unprotected ones going forward.

Not sure what my plans are for the week. (Ark related) Thinking of continuing to build a rex army, as on both server clusters, I have a full set of artifacts so might run the bosses.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2

Jumped on for a little bit when I could last night - was planning on hatching Mega eggs anyways since Saltire got em ready for me even better!

Popped out a few babies and began imprinting. Took a break half way through to go scout out a blue metal base location. Took my drake and a bunch of premades and went down.

I wanted somewhere new.. not safely on a cliff and spent a good 2h going around. Almost settled with our old spots twice until i found a little tree trunk near the biolume lake. Didnt really plan out anything special, theres a LOT more metal around here than our other spots and should work well for Mega taming too since its on the ground. Set a small 4x8 base, forge inside, some beds and used the rest to fab up a 7x7 for future teleport then headed back

Finished the imprints while i was making dinner (missed 1 on each .. let spaghetti burn or get imprint.....damn. Spaghetti won)

Logged off and spent the rest of the night with the wife

• Like 1

PC Official PvE

I don't often write dailies - like never really, but I thought I'd share my weekend as it was quite eventful. 
I've been rebuilding my island base using my extinction char, transferring my old island char (now in an allied tribe to my extinction char on island) to TC server. So I bring the original back to remove some old plumbing - only to find I don't have any rights to do so within the allied tribe. So I message Asmo (tribe admin) to fix that. In the meantime I transfer back to TC - but without my wyvern as I don't have rights to cryo her back up prior to transfer! Anyways after I transfer to TC I accidentally click on my small cabin bed - this is a bed located ontop of a small but very high pillar. Oops, no way to deselect it and no flyer. Oh well. So I spawn and look around the mountaintop to see if there is any safe way down - accidentally slip, fall and die! Next 10 minutes is spent spawning close by and trying to reach body before everything decays, a few raptor deaths later I finally reach it, snuggle into a dark corner behind some rocks and then switch over to my extinction char.
She built up a bunch of equipment to place in the new island base so transfer all that over and start placing things. During that time Sika announces he's running one of the bosses to help get engrams for people, so I join in on that, and we literally devour the alpha brood in a couple minutes. Fun times! 
I transfer back to extinction, by which point Chyarr has asked for some new thyla colors he's missing, so I start breeding some pairs to see if I can get him some babies. 4 hours wait so I go chase for a red osd, but on the way I realize I don't have my whip - head back to base but see a lime green wyvern flying towards the osd i saw, so I say hi - to no reply. I pick up my whip and head back towards the osd - it's started, and so is the purple one a bit further away - and no one is actually fighting the corrupts - I guess green wyvern person started them and left. grrrr.
So I find another red osd - before the green wyvern person does - and managed to claim it before they arrived - hahaa! - they did arrive when I was on round 3 or 4, and then went away minding their own business. 
After the drop I'm flying to the nearest tp with a heavily laiden argie when I see this amazing blue and black tek quetz, lvl 60 female, but worth the tame for the colors alone. So I tp back to base to get something to capture it with - checking on thyla's - about an hour left, so pleanty of time to tame a lvl 60 quetz in. Grab my taming gear (darts, spike walls, kibble and narcs) and head out on my wyvern, tp'ing back to the quetz. Get close and hop up on my wyvern which immediately decides to land - I guess that's a change I hadn't noticed before - ugh. Back to base and grab the griffin and back to the quetz. About 10 darts later it's falling to the ground knocked - yay. Until it flops down and is attacked by a corrupt dilo - noooo. So I get the dilo aggro'd on me and kill it and a few threats in the immediate vicinity, and put up a bunch of spike walls to protect it.
Now realizing the taming eff is gone to heck thanks to the dilo I head back to base to grab some mats to build a cage around the quetz so I can re-knock it for higher eff. I check on thyla's - 45 mins until birth, ugh - this is going to get messy, and to top it off Chyarr messages me saying - oops, gave you the wrong colors earlier, oh well, maybe I'll get a nice mutation out of what is breeding right now. 
As I'm about to head out after checking the thyla's my early-warning-system dinos start running towards the fence - apparently an alpha rex is chomping on species X plants. I throw out my giga pod and she makes pretty quick work of the rex and I throw the prime on the grill - I discard all prime when doing drops, so this was just a happy convenience. 
Anyways, back to the quetz, I put up a small cage with pillars and ceilings and wait a few more mins for its torp to drain. I knock it out again and drop some kibble in, straight up to almost 50% tamed - yay. And I place a velon on the ceilings to keep anything else that approaches at bay. 
I wait until about 5 mins until the thyla's are due then load up the quetz with enough narcs for it to finish taming and tp back to deliver the babies. No mutations, but did end up with two babies that had colors Chyarr was looking for, so I put those aside. Head back to the quetz and the juggling act is complete! 
Later that evening I'm back on the island continuing to set things up when I decide to do a quick metal run - heading out I see a titanosaur not more than a minute away from base. So I think, I wonder if my boss rex can take on this beast - my rex is based on one of Berts recent stats (Thank you so much for breeding rex's Bert!). And she's mated with my other best stats - with oxy and speed stats near 0 to keep her base under the 380 breeding level. She's quite leveled - 57k hp and 1500 melee at this point, with a 118 armored saddle. 
So me and rexy make our way over to the Titanosaur and start munching away while it stomps rexy's health away. Munch munch munch, stomp stomp stomp. Things ensue, but rexy is getting pretty beaten up, and only a few small scratches on the titanosaur starting to appear. So we turn tail and start walking away - it's nightfall now on the island and the titanosaur is giving chase - but as it turns out, walking away with a rex is just the right speed so the titanosaur doesn't stomp. So we munch for a bit until a server lag spike after which either the titanosaur lost interest or saw something else more interesting. So in the interest of preserving rexy's life we walk back to base. I hop on my lightning wyvern (about 12k hp and 400 melee) and start back on the titanosaur - we battle through the remainder of the night, and just after dawn the titanosaur falls. Yay, all safe and sound again, and time for my own bed!

Edited by WitchesTwex
  • Like 2

Yesterday ended up being mainly about breeding. I tamed one more argent for colors first, then collected up as many fertilized eggs as I could make. Got twin female argents with colors, worth keeping. And finally got a velo with all the stats I wanted from the parents. Not a huge accomplishment there since the rotating multipliers make his stats obsolete but this does mean I can finally start doing artifact runs on The Island.

Honestly spent much of the day with my character sat on a bench doing other things while the babies grew and collecting up more eggs for kibble.

Did find some time to take my mana out for a run, slowly getting used to her. Amazing, even the Ragnarok map feels small when you can traverse it so quickly...

Impressed I got home on time today also, so I was able to load up and do my next round of breeding. Did the spinos, the new argents and bred my color mutated low level yuty, hoping for another female for more eggs. Yes I could just tame one but I figure I have almost an entire trough of meat left over from yesterday anyway so...

Am pleased to report that having popped all of the eggs, I have a bumper crop of babies after so many failures. Both argent eggs gave me females so while the colors aren't perfect, I can keep them for breeding stock.

As for the spinos...I finally got the HP to transfer from friend I's spino gift. Not only did I get HP, I got every other major stat too! You bet I ran to my hive to get honey for my nanny. She will be my main mount on Aberration until my line progress further. I am so excited after so many 0 HP spino babies. I also popped an egg from my 0 speed male and got a 3 stat male, with the 0 speed, stamina and melee rolls. And the 0 HP, classic...but that's fine. He's also a gorgeous color combination, dark grey with a full blue sail. These 2 together will be my main breeding pair until I finish putting together the full line, which means permanently dropping the speed.

Finally I popped my one yuty egg and got...twin females. Usually whenever I get twins it's a male and a female, popping 2 sets of female twins in 2 days is unreal to me. And perfect for my needs.

I honestly don't know how to handle all this excitement lol. It's been so long since I had any measurable success in this game and this is just win after win after win.

Guess I'd better go run some more meat with all these new mouths to feed...

• Like 2

PS4 - Unofficial Grinder E Server - Ragnarok (PvE)

Played for just a few hours last night. Spent the first hour gathering Black & Silica Pearls from Viking Bay, then another hour farming crystal in the desert area.

Spent the last hour searching for colored high level Griffs.  Was about to give up hope, when I came across a blue body, Redwings  with yellow trim near max level. I quickly made a trap and kited it in. After finally KO'ing it, I was just flying around, waiting for it to tame, and a Blue on Blue Griffin, plus a Red With Yellow Griff spawned in the same place.  After Cryopoding the new Griff, I also tamed the Blue on Blue.  The other one was really low level.

Hit a few drops on the way back to base, and called it a night.

Because this server has boosted drops, I have acquired a couple sets of artifacts. So I think I will do a boss battle. But I will need to tame and bred up a Rex Army first.

My current base location does not offer me the space to do this, (even with cryopoding) So I need to find a location to build my new base.  On this server, they have some building restrictions (only 3 buildings per tribe, and none bigger than 15x15.  

My current base is built on a tiny island, and is only 6x5. 

The only reason I am hesitating, is that when I first joined the server, I just hit drops the first 2-3 hours, and gathered enough tek stuff to build a my base in Tek.  But within days of this, they changed the drops, and I have not seen a TEK drop since.  So not sure if I want to destroy this base to build a new one, as I would prefer to have everything in one spot, versus multiple locations.  Because the Admins are on every day, and they will wipe rule breakers, I don't want to screw up and do something wrong and get wiped.

So I need to put a little time into scouting tonight. I am thinking the larger islands in the SW corner of the map. But would like to fins a spot that allows me to build and take advantage of the terrain to offer protection. (Like a cave) but we'll see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Unofficial Grinder E Server - Ragnarok (PvE)

Played for just a few hours last night. Spent the first hour gathering Black & Silica Pearls from Viking Bay, then another hour farming crystal in the desert area.

Spent the last hour searching for colored high level Griffs.  Was about to give up hope, when I came across a blue body, Redwings  with yellow trim near max level. I quickly made a trap and kited it in. After finally KO'ing it, I was just flying around, waiting for it to tame, and a Blue on Blue Griffin, plus a Red With Yellow Griff spawned in the same place.  After Cryopoding the new Griff, I also tamed the Blue on Blue.  The other one was really low level.

Hit a few drops on the way back to base, and called it a night.

Because this server has boosted drops, I have acquired a couple sets of artifacts. So I think I will do a boss battle. But I will need to tame and bred up a Rex Army first.

My current base location does not offer me the space to do this, (even with cryopoding) So I need to find a location to build my new base.  On this server, they have some building restrictions (only 3 buildings per tribe, and none bigger than 15x15.  

My current base is built on a tiny island, and is only 6x5. 

The only reason I am hesitating, is that when I first joined the server, I just hit drops the first 2-3 hours, and gathered enough tek stuff to build a my base in Tek.  But within days of this, they changed the drops, and I have not seen a TEK drop since.  So not sure if I want to destroy this base to build a new one, as I would prefer to have everything in one spot, versus multiple locations.  Because the Admins are on every day, and they will wipe rule breakers, I don't want to screw up and do something wrong and get wiped.

So I need to put a little time into scouting tonight. I am thinking the larger islands in the SW corner of the map. But would like to fins a spot that allows me to build and take advantage of the terrain to offer protection. (Like a cave) but we'll see.

Check out under the waterfall by beaver dams, theres a nice lake and behind one of the falls (two entrances) theres a huuuge cave, only need 2 or 3 behe gates to block it off. Its real cool

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Check out under the waterfall by beaver dams, theres a nice lake and behind one of the falls (two entrances) theres a huuuge cave, only need 2 or 3 behe gates to block it off. Its real cool

Thanks .... unfortunately that cave as well as the huge cavern by the upper Hidana griffin spawn is currently occupied by someone else. :(

• Sad 1

Didnt go on the server today, did think about it for the evening but the update put pay to that idea.

I did muck around on singleplayer for a bit earlier today to test out my plans for reaper taming, in otherwords checking if I can get a reaper queen to teleport safely up into the fallen nexus and out of the red zone. Started off by testing out what I could and could not do with a teleporter. Had visions of having the reaper and teleporter separated by a ceiling but nothing would teleport with that technique. I could however teleport a creature into a suspened ceiling with the teleporter below it. This way it keeps the teleporter (not that I think reapers can damage teleporters) safe and prevent the queen from burrowing.

Once I was happy with the setup I went down to the edge of the red zone and layed down a pitfall trap over half a teleporter on the floor, with the other half being separate so that I could use it safely. Using a rock drake I kited a reaper up from the red zone and into the trap successfully. Cryoed the drake, jumpted on the teleporter and activated the teleporter. The jump was successful and the reaper was into the holding pen I had created way up in the Fallen Nexus. Used heavy turrets to bring down its health and tested impregnation. The reaper got me and the important bit was that it didnt burrow after so my plan should work.

Am definitely going to employ a few safety features and double up on the security of the holding pen on our cluster server. I dont want a reaper queen of any level never mind a high level one getting loose near our or others base. I can just imagine d1nk waking up to find our base wiped by a loose reaper or even our friends next door.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Didnt go on the server today, did think about it for the evening but the update put pay to that idea.

I did muck around on singleplayer for a bit earlier today to test out my plans for reaper taming, in otherwords checking if I can get a reaper queen to teleport safely up into the fallen nexus and out of the red zone. Started off by testing out what I could and could not do with a teleporter. Had visions of having the reaper and teleporter separated by a ceiling but nothing would teleport with that technique. I could however teleport a creature into a suspened ceiling with the teleporter below it. This way it keeps the teleporter (not that I think reapers can damage teleporters) safe and prevent the queen from burrowing.

Once I was happy with the setup I went down to the edge of the red zone and layed down a pitfall trap over half a teleporter on the floor, with the other half being separate so that I could use it safely. Using a rock drake I kited a reaper up from the red zone and into the trap successfully. Cryoed the drake, jumpted on the teleporter and activated the teleporter. The jump was successful and the reaper was into the holding pen I had created way up in the Fallen Nexus. Used heavy turrets to bring down its health and tested impregnation. The reaper got me and the important bit was that it didnt burrow after so my plan should work.

Am definitely going to employ a few safety features and double up on the security of the holding pen on our cluster server. I dont want a reaper queen of any level never mind a high level one getting loose near our or others base. I can just imagine d1nk waking up to find our base wiped by a loose reaper or even our friends next door.

Mind blown!!!!

To add to this I think i mightve found a good spot for it. The Rad zone gives me the heebie-jeebies and I know nothing about it buuut.. Theres a spot I saw on a youtube vid, below the small drake nest area, on the floor level beside element river (rock cliff drake nest side) theres a nice rock edge thats flat, looks big enough for 20x20 and I dont know exactly the coords buut I think its close to the real nests? Could be a good dual purpose? (Teleport down to drakes, grab egg, teleport back up?)

Like i said, I know nothing about rad zone youll be the pioneer on this project hahah

22 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Mind blown!!!!

Just wish I could show you the video haha.

12 minutes ago, d1nk said:

To add to this I think i mightve found a good spot for it. The Rad zone gives me the heebie-jeebies and I know nothing about it buuut.. Theres a spot I saw on a youtube vid, below the small drake nest area, on the floor level beside element river (rock cliff drake nest side) theres a nice rock edge thats flat, looks big enough for 20x20 and I dont know exactly the coords buut I think its close to the real nests? Could be a good dual purpose? (Teleport down to drakes, grab egg, teleport back up?)

Like i said, I know nothing about rad zone youll be the pioneer on this project hahah

Hhhhmm. Not sure reapers spawn close enough to the drake trench ? Also I think theres a limit on how far you can build down there. Basically you cant build in the trench ? My current thinking is building it in the purple/red transition zone and kiting the reapers the short distance. Forcing a high level to spawn is going to be a nightmare. Its just so dangerous in the red zone. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
English failure
  • Like 2

Just wish I could show you the video haha.

Hhhhmm. Not sure reapers spawn close enough to the drake trench ? Also I think theres a limit on how far you can build down there. Basically you cant build in the trench ? My current thinking is building it in the purple/red transition zone and kiting the reapers the short distance. Forcing a high level to spawn is going to be a nightmare. Its just so dangerous in the red zone. 

Whatever works man, I have no idea about the red zone. I mightve been mistaken on exact coords spot tbh he only showed clips of the trap location in the video i skimmed haha

I was around the red zone last night for giggs to test out tek suit - our quality TEK bps will make dealing with stuff there a lot easier im sure - got pinned twice by raptors and my lowest dura (helm / gloves) barely took any (when we say barely .. 10% dura.. ark needs to work out dura damage a bit)

Anyways, we will work it out :) I assume you're almost ready to get this going? Ill have lots of time to grind this weekend

• Like 1

So, I had the urge to play Ark again and found a PVE server that just wiped. Talk about good timing. Anyway, I definitely forgot a number of things since I last played.

1) I made like sixty stone walls by double clicking the engram each time instead of using “A” to create all I could at once.
2) I waded across a river without a care until the piranhas were nice enough to remind me that there may actually be . . . like . . . piranhas in the water.
3) This is a no flyer pickup server, and I didn’t clear the immediate area along the swamp edge before going to tame a snail. I had to fight off four snakes, two crocs, and a wayward dilo, all while dancing around the unconscious escargot. Plus, I then had to lose the agro of the paracer I accidentally stabbed, and his pal, before coming back.
4) Thank goodness there were no kapros: I definitely didn’t forget about the kapros. *Shudder*
5) Being on top of a very high place with nearby drop-offs and lag may lead to gravity exerting a . . . um . . . sudden gravitational force.
6) High-melee and low level dodos don’t go well together when you just want to knock them out.

One of the new things I learned, I learned after dismounting an anky and getting stuck between it and the wall of my base. I used the cool new teleport thing, from a mod I’ve never used before, to get free. Woo Hoo! Of course I didn’t think about the teleport radius, so I spent the next ten minutes looking for my two ankys who were giggling at me from on top of the greenhouse. *Sigh*
  • Haha 3