So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

49 minutes ago, Milsurp said:

If you wouldn't mind explaining, how does that work? 

Basically instead of sitting there inserting the items you want to move server one by one, you just load up your inventory and transfer your character to another server. Saves alot of time. D1nk has different characters per server I just have the one so I can hop between servers. 

The Center

Tbh honest I wasnt going to play tonight, was going to play more Halo and wait for the scorched server to rotate in but some of the other guys were thinking of boss fighting at somepoint so I decided to raise some theris to replace the ones we lost in the tek cave to bulk the team back up again. Hatched up and raised 6 new theris and fully imprinted all 6 of them. The imprinting timers on the server have been adjusted slightly and so its much easier to imprint longer raises and so I had 5 minutes to spare on my theris. Also finished my otter breeding project. Got a cyan and blue breeding pair with the best stats and also raised up 3 more for use. 

Spotted a 145 cyan and green doed left over from the event on a metal run so I tamed that up. 

Finished up by helping out one of our new neighbours. He had been trying to tame some anglers but kept getting killed by mosas and what not so I had my breeding pair of anglers drop a few eggs to help him out.

Also @d1nk, I had a look at the new Rag breeding base in the desert and I think I am in love with it. Looks awesome. 

• Like 2

Well, it's been a very rough week at work so I've been putting in extra hours there, which means no time for Ark by the time I get home.

Luckily things finally calmed down enough for me to get out at a decent hour.

My spino had of course grown up so I went ahead and bred him with my stat-heavy female. I also bred my velos and my thornys. While I did discontinue the latter breeding line, I am still going to at least get my melee and weight rolls on one imprinted animal. Got nothing from the velos, finally got a female thorny with weight I can breed with my melee male. And got a new spino with every stat except HP...inherited the 0 from his father. Ugh. Obviously I can't use him for combat but I can breed with my highest HP female. I also desperately need to breed out the totally wasted 48 speed points in this line, just waiting to do that until after I've got my working stat build because I need a baby from the line as a main mount.

Also just realized I totally forgot to breed my new argent, oh well.

That pretty much sums up my day. Got my babies to juvenile, collected kibble eggs, stocked the trough and logged.

I did find out from the server admins the increased difficulty is every other weekend. I don't know what this weekend's event will be so until I find out, I don't plan to really do much taming in the near future. I still need to work on a new Aberration outpost, I want to reconfigure my current main base again, and I'm thinking about rebuilding the Arkanus on The Island one more time. Also need an Extinction outpost, I have nothing set up there since so far I've only been hunting velos but I need to start preparing for OSDs at the very least. I was very kindly gifted a cryofridge and 50 pods but I lost 2 of them during my failed drake hunt and I'm sure I'll lose more at some point.

• Like 3

So today I played for a bit just to explore everything on rag I always have missions in mind but today was just a chill day.

I died to a bat in the castle because I dismounted for no reason other than hitting wrong button.

I'm making a headstone to place near or on castle to tell my tale of idiocy. 

Then I died falling somehow I dismounted the wrong way from Griffin I am going to blame myself for that death. 

Won't make gravestone as it doesn't count.

I died in pirate cove to the stupid things that knock you out I can never recall name of them. My thyla died too. Not sure if my fault couldn't see anything.

Thyla gravestone to make.. 

I died by drowning. FML! I got stuck in my meg somewhere mid belly and somehow during a manta fight I killed myself according to death message. 

Sooo I'm having the rest of the day off. ?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Basically instead of sitting there inserting the items you want to move server one by one, you just load up your inventory and transfer your character to another server. Saves alot of time. D1nk has different characters per server I just have the one so I can hop between servers. 

Are you saying that if I am playing on a cluster, I don't have to individually load everything in my inventory?  That I can just keep it all in my inventory, and it will still be there when I spawn into the new cluster server?    

If that's the case, man have I been wasting a lot of time, when going back and forth.

1 hour ago, SnowboundGem said:

So today I played for a bit just to explore everything on rag I always have missions in mind but today was just a chill day.

I died to a bat in the castle because I dismounted for no reason other than hitting wrong button.

I'm making a headstone to place near or on castle to tell my tale of idiocy. 

Then I died falling somehow I dismounted the wrong way from Griffin I am going to blame myself for that death. 

Won't make gravestone as it doesn't count.

I died in pirate cove to the stupid things that knock you out I can never recall name of them. My thyla died too. Not sure if my fault couldn't see anything.

Thyla gravestone to make.. 

I died by drowning. FML! I got stuck in my meg somewhere mid belly and somehow during a manta fight I killed myself according to death message. 

Sooo I'm having the rest of the day off. ?

Yikes...... sounds like one of those ARK days for sure!

I think you are referring to the Eurypterids ... the lobster like things in Viking Bay.  Great for Black pearls, but they are a Pain In the Pego!

• Like 1

PS4 - Ragnarok - unofficial grinder server

Logged on last night late, after a long day of work.  Good news, no rollback!

I spent the majority of the night trying to find and tame colored Griffins. However never saw a one. Arrrrggh

I then tried to tame some colored snow owls, only to have about everything go wrong that could, including surprise wolf attacks, Yuty fear roar, Dimorphodon, wyverns ... etc.  So no owl either. grrrrrr

On chat the new kid from the other night was asking where to find Thylas, as some one had gifted him a male, and he wanted to tame a female. I told him some area, but after an hour or 2 he still hadn't found one. So I just bred up my thylas until I popped a female.  But I got a couple sets of twins, so I ended up trading a mated pair to a guy for a pair of Ravagers.  I also gave the female to the new kid, and a male to someone who replied when I said I had one available.

I grabbed a max level Fire Wyvern egg, and I also came across the most beautiful max level royal blue Ice Wyvern, but I could not find a nest anywhere. I even dragged it multiple times over a known nest spawning  location; and got nothing.  Booooooooo!

Called it a night.

46 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Are you saying that if I am playing on a cluster, I don't have to individually load everything in my inventory?  That I can just keep it all in my inventory, and it will still be there when I spawn into the new cluster server?    

If that's the case, man have I been wasting a lot of time, when going back and forth.

Yep. Just load up your inventory and transfer your character :) I cant stand sitting there uploading items one by one. Might be worth double checking on respective clusters to make sure it does work, various settings might not allow it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

You mentioned him vaulting stuff though, so that's what confused me - how the vaulted items would get transferred?

Related, does it take a special configuration to not have your inventory destroyed on transfer? I remember having to put everything in Ark Data first. 

Thanks for your help!

19 minutes ago, Milsurp said:

You mentioned him vaulting stuff though, so that's what confused me - how the vaulted items would get transferred?

Related, does it take a special configuration to not have your inventory destroyed on transfer? I remember having to put everything in Ark Data first. 

Thanks for your help!

Ah sorry i was meaning stick all the stuff in a vault so that I would know what to transfer. 

Hhmmm not sure about that one. 

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yep. Just load up your inventory and transfer your character :) I cant stand sitting there uploading items one by one. Might be worth double checking on respective clusters to make sure it does work, various settings might not allow it. 

4 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ah sorry i was meaning stick all the stuff in a vault so that I would know what to transfer. 

Hhmmm not sure about that one. 

^^ might be the answer, my local servers are not clustered. I'll go look it up. Thanks for the info! (I now return the thread to its regularly scheduled discussions :) )

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

These are different maps by different people you play on? It wont work then - only if one of the maps you play on bought another map connected (clustered) Wont work cross-maps or to your own singleplayer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

WOW, to think all of the time I've been wasting!  Thanks

More admin related than actual gameplay but still...

I finished work early today and came back to rotate our Island server over to Scorched Earth only to find that the previous saves were wiped :(. Loaded up Aberration and it was the same, everything gone. I figured this was due to our server moving hardware the day after our first planned Tek cave event 2 weeks earlier.

As a host, nothing’s worse than knowing everyone’s hard work has been lost due to unforeseen circumstances out of your control. I only want the best for my community so a bit the bullet and bought 2 new permanent servers, on the maps which were previously on the rotation.

We now have all maps on our cluster, yay. I plan to make a fresh start this weekend but I’m at odds on which map it will be; Scorched Earth or Aberration.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, d1nk said:

These are different maps by different people you play on? It wont work then - only if one of the maps you play on bought another map connected (clustered) Wont work cross-maps or to your own singleplayer

6 hours ago, Aushegun said:

WOW, to think all of the time I've been wasting!  Thanks

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Just double check in case :) As d1nk says it might not be the case. 

I checked on the Server Manager's discord, DelilahEve confirmed that you need to be in a cluster to transfer with inventory. Otherwise you have to use Ark Data. 

....now I wish I'd clustered my three local servers lol. Bad server manager! Bad! hehe

• Like 2

Single Player- Island- PS4

Well, the maiden voyage went well lol. Couldn’t post the gif Bc it was too big but picture jack sparrow riding back to the dock with his ship completely under water, that was me. Got it beached in the swamp, literally less than an hour after completing it. Will be funny to run across later lol. Finally got some tames. Got a lvl 80 lystro first just to help out, then ran into a 120 ptera and tamed it as well. While I was trying to find new tames, I ran into a 145 carno, he killed me multiple times as I tried to get my stuff, so I decided to make a trap and lead him. This was successful and ended up tranq’ing him, he has been my savior so far as he had really good stats and with lvling he’s 250 now and has 15k+ health. Tamed two lvl 50+ tek Parasaurs to hopefully breed for a “farm” later, and also tamed a 85 dilo and 90 raptor just to have them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

More admin related than actual gameplay but still...

I finished work early today and came back to rotate our Island server over to Scorched Earth only to find that the previous saves were wiped :(. Loaded up Aberration and it was the same, everything gone. I figured this was due to our server moving hardware the day after our first planned Tek cave event 2 weeks earlier.

As a host, nothing’s worse than knowing everyone’s hard work has been lost due to unforeseen circumstances out of your control. I only want the best for my community so a bit the bullet and bought 2 new permanent servers, on the maps which were previously on the rotation.

We now have all maps on our cluster, yay. I plan to make a fresh start this weekend but I’m at odds on which map it will be; Scorched Earth or Aberration.

Good god Salty.  That blows.  Aberration all the way!  That map is challenging as it is beautiful.  I don't play on your cluster, but that is my vote as a random know-nothing forumgo-er.

What I did in ARK today:  Mourned the bugged loss of a Ab Megalosaurus, died with food in trough in Adolescence.  Boooooooo.....

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Good god Salty.  That blows.  Aberration all the way!  That map is challenging as it is beautiful.  I don't play on your cluster, but that is my vote as a random know-nothing forumgo-er.

What I did in ARK today:  Mourned the bugged loss of a Ab Megalosaurus, died with food in trough in Adolescence.  Boooooooo.....

We play on his server and it was above and beyond anything I expected. I did lose a lot on Ab but now theres no rush to get it back.  Plus, another fresh start! Yay building. (Ive already been hard at work there lol) 

1 minute ago, LightB1234 said:

Started a new world, went to go tame a tek parasaur i found (i love tek btw), figured out how dangerous the Therizinosaur and died, found another tek parasaur, figured out how hostile a spino can be, died

You’ll get there. Just be grateful the Therizinos aggro range was significantly nerfed a while back. They were like Raptors.

3 hours ago, TheDonn said:

I’ll make a start on Aberration this week, and jump to Scorched in a couple weeks :). You’ve just reminded me about a communal structure I need to build on Ab.

• Like 1

Good one last night! Wife was out at a play so got the whole night to myself. Started on Ragnarok. Wanted to farm up a bunch of structures, metal and finish the base up a tad. Did a few material runs, a big metal run and placed my Tek Replicator, forge and made the main industrial crafting area on the roof.

Popped over to The Island, transferred my character there to Aberration. First time transferring on this cluster, spawned near fertile lake right outside Saltires base. Couldnt use the transmitter - so I called a buddy on the server to pick me up in his tribe temporarily and made my way to my base spot.

Did quite a few transfers around the clusters grabbing a load of stuff. Did more premade runs and ended up making a decent sized place outside blue zone. Placed a transmitter and completed most of the exterior structure after quite a few hours of transfers, building and farming. Killed an Alpha krab right outside my base.

Im just waiting to tribe up with Saltire then finish the base