So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Adjusted respawn of resources on Xbox. Set the timer to respawn faster 2 days since last saw metal at certain spot. Now I made it worse it spawns as soon as it's mined. 8 argies plus a full anky later it looks like I was never there. Have to wait for husband to fix it to correct settings last time I adjusted something it took days to raise a baby rex. I should stop doing that. 

Culled approximately 20 rexes from previous breeding line and about 15 argies. 

Preparing for ragnarok boss. Hopefully will get last of the spino sails today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 8:25 PM, MaverickAU said:

Had a day or so off, grinded today on the base, it’s a massive cylinder now. Got some crops going in a nearby water vein, got a few more tames, wanted to get some backup equus just in case and a flier. My first attempt, I went up to tame what I thought was an Eq, but it was a lvl 140 unicorn, didn’t realize it until after the taming started lol, that has been my main mount since I got it, I also tamed a 195 eq, and mistakenly tamed a lvl 85, So now I have 3 eq’s as back up mounts just in case. For a flier I went and tamed a lvl 120 ptera.

Went ahead and made some rifles, and got around 100 bullets for now. I have a crap ton of charcoal but need more spark powder.

Overall, pretty solid, productive day. These giga’s and allo’s are gonna make me have a heart attack tho. All of a sudden it seems like they’re out in numbers. Lol

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

You must have built in the highlands?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RichDrac said:

Had a DISASTROUS WEEKEND!!!

Trying to Tame a Trike to clear out some old wooden buildings so I can build there.

1st. Tamed a Trike in the area. Great. Set it on attack my target and was happily hacking away at a foundation with my trike helping.

After a minute got the message your Trike was killed by your tribe. What??

I was catching my trike with my hatchet and hadn't realised.

2. Later while at old base saw 2 trikes so tamed them both. Ok, put one on a basic raft to get to new location. Passing the swamp and a Crocodile ate my Trike. 

3. Put other trike in my armoured raft so crocodile proof. Was sticking what I thought was close to the shore when a  Leedsichthys one hit destroyed my raft. Me and trike made it to shore but alpha raptor came out of nowhere. My low level Trike put up a valiant fight but ran out of stamina and we both got killed. Went back to get my stuff and quit for the weekend. :( 

Yikes..... you certainly had one of those ARK days. A couple weeks ago, I tamed a beautiful max level event colored Argy. After it woke up, I needed to take a quick bathroom break, when I returned, the argy is dead, and my 18 year old cat is sitting on the controller. Somehow he must have activated the ASC axe in my hand, and killed the Argy.   

Edited by Aushegun
  • Sad 2

PS4 - Ragnarok Unofficial

Logged on Friday and went to the Crazy boosted German server. no one else on, and I was bored, so after doing the quick chores, I logged of, and logged onto the Crazy Boosted American Tek server.  Once again, only a couple people on.  This server, is so boosted (element in drops) that I have literally 100,00+ Element in vaults alone.

And since they do have a limit to the # of animals you can have out  when online and offline, I don't feel like taming much nor breeding much, as I don't want all my dinos in cryo storage.

The reality is, as nice as the people are on this server, it is really TOO easy.  I don't mind working at it, so I think I may be quitting this server.  I need to decide soon, and let the Admin know, so he can wipe my base if I do.

So by now it is after dinner time on Friday, and I really don't know what to do.  But I decided I wanted to check a server that is clustered. So I find one and once again I'm a Beach bob. This server has a "Rules Center" right at Blue OB, and after decide that this might be a fun one to try. Boosted server, and unlocked engrams, so I am able to tame up a Ptera fairly quickly.  My club broke 1/2 way thru, so I had to punch it out.  On this server, the Level points for dinos and human are about 10% boosted for everything except Weight, which is about 100x Boosted. So needless to day, I never became encumbered.  A little too much, but "I'll allow it". lol

Started hitting the drops, and they are totally random. No TEK except some cryopods , no element, but thru about 12 beacon drops, the cave Ice cave 5 drops and the desert drops, I got kibble, metal building parts, rabies antidote, a few premade recipes items (Focal Chili, Lazerous Chowder, etc.) plus some ASC gear and ASC saddles. 

So after flying around the entire map, I decided to start a base in a different spot that my old favorites. I finally settled on the tiny island with the ruins steps that is on the south edge of the map. Jerboa is off to my left, and the peninsula with all of the megalanias is north of me, and north of the them is the Wyvern cove and cave.

So this island is not very big, but I also got a couple metal cliff platforms in the drops, so I began building my base. I then set off to find some Gachas, as I had seen them during my drop trips. tamed up a pair, and brought them back.  At this point, I noticed that Element was craftable in this server using Black Pearl and Crystal!  holy crap, one of gachas was a crystal and the other was a black pearl dropper! great luck.  So I began breeding them and ended up with 2 more useable pairs. dropping either crystal or black pearl. Except for one that drops organic Poly.

I went out and tamed a few shoulder mounts and tamed my first ever featherlight.   I used a wood cage to trap it.  

I spent all Saturday day grinding, and had a pretty good working base by the end of the night.

Despite going to bed very late on Saturday, I woke up earlier than normal on Sunday, and realized my day plans were ruined by the rain that was supposed to have ended the night before. So with another day inside ahead of me, I decided to jump back into the newest server.  

But it was Sunday morning, and that means kids.  HOLY CRAP, the admins were working constantly, as what appeared to be two siblings were fighting over dinos, and filling the chat constantly with their whining and demands.  After about 2 hours of it, I could take no more, so I logged off that server, and was going to travel to the clustered server (Extinction) But upon getting on the clustered map, I was quickly killed.  Turns out the Rag map is PvE, but the Extinction map is PvP. I wasn't aware that a clustered server could have both types on it.  Well, I'm too old for PvP crap, so I transferred back to the  Rag map base, and continues grinding the entire day.  By the end, I had a small Tek base, and I also tamed a colored Allo that was hanging around near the base. I also KO'd a Megalania in event colors, but it dropped into a enough water that it drowned. :(

• Like 2

PS4 Single Player 

ARK ate my Dinos!

A lvl 110 terror bird and a lvl90 saber tooth  both on wander in my dino pen with smaller tames ( microraptors, Dimorphs, etc) on follow.

The Dinos on follow are clustered at a spot in the yard, still on follow and will rush back to the spot if I move them but the Tburd and Saber are nowhere to be seen.

Ragnarok, running on a private server - PC. 

Since I have the day off and the wife doesn't, I decided to do some more egg hatching in Ark. I'm currently breeding Rexes, Spinos, and Gigas, and I had some eggs accumulated.

My Rex line has 4 mutations (x3 HP & x1 stamina). It was the first day of hatching eggs on the new 4th Gen line. Third egg in... DOUBLE MUTATION of HP + Stamina !!! My first useful double mutation. So after only three eggs cracked I'm jumping to a 6th gen line. 

My Giga line also had a Melee Damage mutation the other day. So cracked a few Giga eggs...  got a male breeder for the new mutation. 

10 hours ago, Aushegun said:

You must have built in the highlands?

I did, back when I was watching videos, and playing the island and center, I saw a lot of builds on Rag, especially in the highlands area, and I’m a builder at heart, that’s one of my favorite things to do in a game (to create). I literally spent 3 days sneaking to get materials because there were 2-3 allos, then Gigas right by my base. They have spawned in groups like 1/4 way up a mountain, so I round a corner flying and boom there they are lol.

Edited by MaverickAU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Ragnarok Unofficial

Logged on Friday and went to the Crazy boosted German server. no one else on, and I was bored, so after doing the quick chores, I logged of, and logged onto the Crazy Boosted American Tek server.  Once again, only a couple people on.  This server, is so boosted (element in drops) that I have literally 100,00+ Element in vaults alone.

And since they do have a limit to the # of animals you can have out  when online and offline, I don't feel like taming much nor breeding much, as I don't want all my dinos in cryo storage.

The reality is, as nice as the people are on this server, it is really TOO easy.  I don't mind working at it, so I think I may be quitting this server.  I need to decide soon, and let the Admin know, so he can wipe my base if I do.

So by now it is after dinner time on Friday, and I really don't know what to do.  But I decided I wanted to check a server that is clustered. So I find one and once again I'm a Beach bob. This server has a "Rules Center" right at Blue OB, and after decide that this might be a fun one to try. Boosted server, and unlocked engrams, so I am able to tame up a Ptera fairly quickly.  My club broke 1/2 way thru, so I had to punch it out.  On this server, the Level points for dinos and human are about 10% boosted for everything except Weight, which is about 100x Boosted. So needless to day, I never became encumbered.  A little too much, but "I'll allow it". lol

Started hitting the drops, and they are totally random. No TEK except some cryopods , no element, but thru about 12 beacon drops, the cave Ice cave 5 drops and the desert drops, I got kibble, metal building parts, rabies antidote, a few premade recipes items (Focal Chili, Lazerous Chowder, etc.) plus some ASC gear and ASC saddles. 

So after flying around the entire map, I decided to start a base in a different spot that my old favorites. I finally settled on the tiny island with the ruins steps that is on the south edge of the map. Jerboa is off to my left, and the peninsula with all of the megalanias is north of me, and north of the them is the Wyvern cove and cave.

So this island is not very big, but I also got a couple metal cliff platforms in the drops, so I began building my base. I then set off to find some Gachas, as I had seen them during my drop trips. tamed up a pair, and brought them back.  At this point, I noticed that Element was craftable in this server using Black Pearl and Crystal!  holy crap, one of gachas was a crystal and the other was a black pearl dropper! great luck.  So I began breeding them and ended up with 2 more useable pairs. dropping either crystal or black pearl. Except for one that drops organic Poly.

I went out and tamed a few shoulder mounts and tamed my first ever featherlight.   I used a wood cage to trap it.  

I spent all Saturday day grinding, and had a pretty good working base by the end of the night.

Despite going to bed very late on Saturday, I woke up earlier than normal on Sunday, and realized my day plans were ruined by the rain that was supposed to have ended the night before. So with another day inside ahead of me, I decided to jump back into the newest server.  

But it was Sunday morning, and that means kids.  HOLY CRAP, the admins were working constantly, as what appeared to be two siblings were fighting over dinos, and filling the chat constantly with their whining and demands.  After about 2 hours of it, I could take no more, so I logged off that server, and was going to travel to the clustered server (Extinction) But upon getting on the clustered map, I was quickly killed.  Turns out the Rag map is PvE, but the Extinction map is PvP. I wasn't aware that a clustered server could have both types on it.  Well, I'm too old for PvP crap, so I transferred back to the  Rag map base, and continues grinding the entire day.  By the end, I had a small Tek base, and I also tamed a colored Allo that was hanging around near the base. I also KO'd a Megalania in event colors, but it dropped into a enough water that it drowned. :(

You said a small island near Jerboa? With ruins? Between Obsidian island and SE island? If so thats where we built currently on rag :) 

Ragnarok PVE

spent around 2 hours trying to find and tame an otter with no luck, jumped around 4 servers asking if anyone sells but none available.

Thought I'd try the trade forums but sadly I can't post there yet.

Also hatched triplet 552 abberation ankys from an egg, got there just in time to pick them up. One i saved with about 15hp left.

also raising 3 rexes and 4 thylas while farming some dust from gachas,- really quite useful to have all that in the same room.

• Like 1

so today we had 1 hour before we needed to imprint our yuti on rag so I set timer and went on resource run to come back with 5 mins left to find that all the lagging and freezing in server had cost us 10mins so then we was up to 15 mins before we could imprint. 10 whole mins in game play lost in 1 hour to lagging and freezing is bad.

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Yikes..... you certainly had one of those ARK days. A couple weeks ago, I tamed a beautiful max level event colored Argy. After it woke up, I needed to take a quick bathroom break, when I returned, the argy is dead, and my 18 year old cat is sitting on the controller. Somehow he must have activated the ASC axe in my hand, and killed the Argy.   

SMH ... I just did the same thing again last night.  Was taming a near max level Ptera, and after putting the kibble in, I set the controller down to grab a beverage. When I did, the controller slid down, and it made my wyvern that I was sitting on, make the biting action, and it 1 chomped my sleeping ptera.  I can't even blame the cat this time.

• Sad 3

14 hours ago, d1nk said:

You said a small island near Jerboa? With ruins? Between Obsidian island and SE island? If so thats where we built currently on rag :) 

The small island with the ruins of adobe steps, and a small bridge heading north to the peninsula that leads to the Wyvern  cove north.  (It is not the island that has the marina/pier ruins.  I have megalanias all around my island.  ( I've tried loading images, but it keeps giving me errors)

• Like 2

Today I decided to try building with cliff platforms. Made a house platform, a barn, a workshop, currently building the aviary. Trying to come up with some great ideas for further platforms all are about to get to each other winding down the cliffs with stairs. Love playing with the building stuff. Just wish we had more decorative stuff. 

I live south of wyvern bay looking out to sea and the desert.

Edited by SnowboundGem
  • Like 4

Last night I was going to have a night off, but I was persuaded by tribemates to log in and do some purple drops to see if we could ever get the ellusive replacement Rex BP that we lost during a server transfer.

We had been trying for 3 months with no luck and then 3 in 3 OSDs. 93, 109 and 113 and with our crafter maxxed out, that will be more than enough. 

Guess, I no longer need to worry about that now then :)

Other than that, imprinted on my 1104 weight Argy and that was that.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Aushegun said:

SMH ... I just did the same thing again last night.  Was taming a near max level Ptera, and after putting the kibble in, I set the controller down to grab a beverage. When I did, the controller slid down, and it made my wyvern that I was sitting on, make the biting action, and it 1 chomped my sleeping ptera.  I can't even blame the cat this time.

Oh dear, I have killed a taming animal before when I wasn't even close hit boxes are awful sometimes. ?

• Like 1

Abberation, singleplayer, ps4

Tackled the Hidden Grotto cave.  I way over-prepared.  I had previously set up an outpost just outside the cave complete with smithy, fab, gen, turret, and backup sets of armor, tools, and weapons.  I had also gone through the trouble of mass-taming Barys to Breed a strong one for the cave.

I traversed carefully and slowly through the cave, setting up wires in places, and cryoed/ uncryoed my Bary and 2 ravagers as I needed them.

I encountered a total of 7 Karkinos throughout, which was more than I had anticipated.  2 I led to land for my ravagers to ... well... ravage.  2 became pincushions from me crossbowing them at a distance.  The remaining 3 I managed to avoid entirely.

I only used 1.25 scuba tanks and my Bary was very effective against the various mobs.  Didn’t die once - although a jellyfish pair got close after stunning my Bary and trapping me in a corner; deadeye crossbow skills for the win!

In other news, I finished breeding my best Ravager stats into a breeding pair.  Lv 231: 2880 Health, 1400 Stam, 840 Weight, 352% Melee. Not spectacular, but adequate for my purposes.  I intend to transfer breeding pairs to the Island and Ragnarok along with saddle blueprints so my characters on those maps have an unlimited supply of ravagers as fun tames.

• Like 3

Got on for an hour last night and went about hatching some spino eggs. Got all my stats into 255 hatched twins and as i was recording stats I see mutation 2/20... I mustve missed a mut on my previous gen breeders and now its in my line.. eff. Now.. do I start over to get a clean line again or say f it? Ugh! 

Got a melee mut, 355 -> 366 put that aside. I realize I just got my breeders to juvi then logged off.. I bet render glitch will take the babies from me I didnt even think about it!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I've been making a concerted effort to hunt for good Spino stats and work them into my Spino breeding line. I hit a solid mating pair of level 253 Spinos the other day, but then realized that the wasted movement speed stat had jumped up 7 levels to '31' on movement speed. I worked things around and managed to shave those 7 wasted levels back off the Spino breeding line. So now I have my line at level 246 with no mutations, and back at movement speed '24'. I plan to get the four priority stats (HP, Melee Damage, Stamina, and Oxygen) as close to 45's each as I can before allowing mutations. 

Btw... anyone ever notice that the Super Spyglass shaves 100% off the Melee Damage? These two are really 355.2% melee damage. 

Lvl-246_Spinos.jpg

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

I've been making a concerted effort to hunt for good Spino stats and work them into my Spino breeding line. I hit a solid mating pair of level 253 Spinos the other day, but then realized that the wasted movement speed stat had jumped up 7 levels to '31' on movement speed. I worked things around and managed to shave those 7 wasted levels back off the Spino breeding line. So now I have my line at level 246 with no mutations, and back at movement speed '24'. I plan to get the four priority stats (HP, Melee Damage, Stamina, and Oxygen) as close to 45's each as I can before allowing mutations. 

Btw... anyone ever notice that the Super Spyglass shaves 100% off the Melee Damage? These two are really 355.2% melee damage. 

Lvl-246_Spinos.jpg

Is 355 39 points or is the 255 39 points? Same melee just curious what the stattage number is (I never work with this stuff - pain to manually input)

Edit: Jelly of hp btw. Tamed over 20 spinos now (130+) havent had over 5.1k :S My abb line in the same cluster has 6k+

Edited by d1nk

7 hours ago, d1nk said:

Got on for an hour last night and went about hatching some spino eggs. Got all my stats into 255 hatched twins and as i was recording stats I see mutation 2/20... I mustve missed a mut on my previous gen breeders and now its in my line.. eff. Now.. do I start over to get a clean line again or say f it? Ugh! 

Got a melee mut, 355 -> 366 put that aside. I realize I just got my breeders to juvi then logged off.. I bet render glitch will take the babies from me I didnt even think about it!

When it happened with my boss rexes I went back and restarted as your only on mut 2/20 I could see this being a better option. Never bred spinos for some reason. Always breed boss rexes, theris and cave runners. I should start it just for variety.

Had a bad evening on ark myself. My 249 otter slink mysteriously disappeared during a game crash. Wasn't with me at reload point rex was, spent an hour looking and whistling, he is carrying my spare set of artifacts as I'm on my way to obi for a boss fight. I was going to leave my otter at my second base to redo the fight again at a later date.. No luck finding slink didn't loose husbands rex or otter just mine...

Carried on to continue trip and a dodo I lost. Didn't even know I had a missing dodo found me so I now have a dodo I don't need, but no otter. ?

Then I was tracked down by two of my argies also didn't know they were missing or even recognise them. They just descended on me on my trek appearing from the snowy hills near green obi on rag. I name all my starters I get too attached to them. I never name breeders just (f stat mut and level), these are unnamed and low levels. It's a mystery.. 

So 1 dodo 2 argies and no otter. All spare artifacts missing.

And I fell down the stairs but that was my cats fault not down to ark!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Is 355 39 points or is the 255 39 points? Same melee just curious what the stattage number is (I never work with this stuff - pain to manually input)

Edit: Jelly of hp btw. Tamed over 20 spinos now (130+) havent had over 5.1k :S My abb line in the same cluster has 6k+

355 Melee Damage is 39 points/levels spent (based on a wild one I just spotted in game, 25 points is 255%). The 255% showing on the Super Spyglass in the image of my Spinos is just the result of a flaw in the Super Spyglass. Whatever you look at shows the melee damage percentage as being 100 percentile points lower than it is. 

I know exactly what you mean about the HP on Spinos. My first few were under 4K. I eventually got up to about 4700, then found one that tamed out at 5600. That's where it stayed for a while as I couldn't get another Spino with higher HP, including a number of level 150's I tamed. Then finally I found a wild level 135  that showed a wild '28' points on HP. I took a chance on that one and it popped to 42 points after tame. 

It shocks me how expensive 'oxygen' is as a stat. Lose or gain a bit of oxygen and it really registers as a big level drop or pop. 

20190518160016_1.jpg

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 1

Woohoo! Just saw a lvl 145 Spino in the wild with a 28 on melee. Took a chance and captured/tamed it... another '42', now on Melee Damage (372.7%). 

Of course, I better hold the celebration until I get it home. The game could get revenge. 

EDIT: Yup. Game tried to get revenge. I was flying her back to base on my Quetzal when my network connection went down for the first time in a long while. Called our server admin to see if he could either fast travel to my Quetzal's bed to land her and retrieve me, or reset the server. Server reset put us 15 minutes back. Amazingly, though I was still 'asleep' mid-flight, I didn't fall from the Quetzal platform. Got the Spino back to my base for breeding. Whew!

TroubleWild_small.jpg

TroubleTamed_small.jpg

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 2