So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

6 hours ago, Monde said:

Well after the Wyvren pen and taming the 2 Wyvrens it was time to get my little house back to building., I also need to replenish my supplies and rebuild stocks of everything. So I set to doing that. On the trip to get my oil from my pump I dropped into the "bear cave" to get my crates and found a level 360 Dire Bear. Thought, heck why not. Carried it home and knocked it out. Continued enlarging my pen and waited for it to get hungry. Dropped Honey into the bear and nothing. Still says add food. Went and killed a sheep, dumped in mutton and still says Add Food. 

So went in and out of render range, nothing. Logged off and on again, nothing. So thought pfft , logged off and went to read my book. If when I log on next I have a bear, if not well so be it.

I believe that dinos found in caves are untameable. So you might be out of luck with that cave bear.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Monde said:

Well after the Wyvren pen and taming the 2 Wyvrens it was time to get my little house back to building., I also need to replenish my supplies and rebuild stocks of everything. So I set to doing that. On the trip to get my oil from my pump I dropped into the "bear cave" to get my crates and found a level 360 Dire Bear. Thought, heck why not. Carried it home and knocked it out. Continued enlarging my pen and waited for it to get hungry. Dropped Honey into the bear and nothing. Still says add food. Went and killed a sheep, dumped in mutton and still says Add Food. 

So went in and out of render range, nothing. Logged off and on again, nothing. So thought pfft , logged off and went to read my book. If when I log on next I have a bear, if not well so be it.

What @Aushegunsays. Dinos in caves are usually untamable. Basically if the dino is higher than the usual max level i.e. above 150 on difficulty 5 server, its untamable.

PS4 - Ragnarok - Unofficial Server

I played a fair amount on the crazy Boosted server last night, and finally met and chatted with a guy who had trapped some kids trying to steal from his base, while he was going in/out a door unloading materials.  I watched the whole thing on chat last weekend, and it was pretty funny.  He catches kids sneaking into his base, so he locks them in. Because it is PvE, they can't destroy his stuff, so they  take everything from his unlocked storage, and then can't get out.  They start demanding that he let them out, then they start threatening, and finally they resort to begging. The entire time, the theft victim is having none of it, and rightfully reading these kids the riot act. Finally I lost track of what happened, but when I met this guy last night, he told me that they had accidently dropped a jerboa when he finally let them leave. The jerboa had good loot stored inside it.  He told me, even though he didn't need the loot, he is keeping it; as punishment for those little jerks.

After putzing around my base a bit more, I logged out, and intended on logging into the Other boosted American server with all the tek stuff. But I was going to fast in the menu screen, and ended up in a totally new server. Well I was bored, and still had time before had to hit the hay, so I said what the heck, I'll beach bob for a while.

Turns out this is another boosted server, but not 50x like the last one. boosted 10x, with stacking mod, and modded drops.  This server is another one that has a bunch of rules, that are all really pretty easy to follow, just update the flag on your base to the color of the week, and a limit to base size (50x50 max) and limit to # of behemoth gates a base can have.  But all very livable rules.

So I grind hard for about 3 hours, and hit the ice cave and desert drops. ( I tamed a Ptera right off the bat, so I was able to travel the map early on)  This server appears to still be running the Valentine color event. My Ptera was hot pink with red trim.

I got lucky and got a gold rimmed drop that had a bit of element and some tek stuff in it.  I also found a unlocked but empty replicator, and was able to craft up some other stuff. The drops are totally random. One green drop was the normal vanila drop, the next one had 5 ASC saddles in it, one white drop was vanilla, the next one had enough tek building parts to start my base.

Once again I love the fact that you can get element and use tek without having to beat the bosses on this map, as I hate the artifact grinding. This server also has aberration shoulder pets, and I saw gachas and even a lone wild snow Owl.

I came across a "Dino Adoption Center" in Viking bay and it encourage people to leave/de-commit dinos they no longer needed/wanted.  So I since my Ptera was getting encumbered too often, I decided to swap the Ptera for a Ice Wyvern- TEMPORARILY.   I will use the Wyvern until I get my base built, and then I will have to get my own egg and raise my own.

I also noticed, that this is a cluster server, I've never been on one before., so no I am torn.  The other two boosted servers I've been playing are not clustered. And I really like the idea of being able to jump from map to map. Also, the folks on the server were nice, and actually answered my chat questions (and no, I did not ask for a starter pack or free stuff)

So tonight, I am going to play on this server some more,  if it continues to appear to be one that I still have to grind somewhat, but can access the tek tier, then I might switch to this one.  The other servers are so overly boosted, that you can build a entire stone 50x50 base in about 15 minutes.  I want to work for it a little :)

Ok, long day of work still ahead of me. So to all the my ARK friends, (except SaltyMonkey because ... well no reason ?  )   Have a great weekend!

• Like 1

Got on for awhile last night, spent most of it gathering gacha crystals on The Island while farming metal and hide. Were at almost 300 gacha poly crystals now - over 9000 organic poly worth. Some will be for chainsaws the rest towards MEK eventually (barring any other big builds we need)

Organized my boss crew a bit better, saddled any that needed it and hopped to The Center to grab 5 more theriz. While poking around I forgot I had 4x theri in cryo at 70% so I finished off their imprints and into cryo for backups. Made a bunch of veggie cakes then transferred to the island.

Made more veggie cakes (about 160 total) then organized all my boss tames again for the final count - 11x boss theriz and 4x boss rexs just my own. I figure id have them on The Island ready incase we needed more.

Tonight if I get on ill be doing final prep and making a few last minute med brews / shotgun ammo

Getting stoked for alpha tek cave!

• Like 2

The Island - Eve of the Tek Cave Event

Finished up preparations for the attempt at the Tek cave. Loaded up the replicator full of wood, hide, fiber and metal and respeced into crafting. Crafted up the final 4 theri saddles and 2 rex saddles and then a spare giga saddle. My squad consists of 11 theris and 5 rexes, all with ascendant saddles and one (a female) of which has been saddled up with a tek saddle. Had to grab that one from the Center as I seemed to have assembled a squad of pure males. I know d1nk has a couple of females but I wanted the variety. Treated all the boss dinos to a dyed saddle, got to show off my blue, cyan and yellow scheme  I am still deciding on if I should bring the giga and the yuty. 

Finished off and respeced into a tek cave stat build, basically pumped everything into health and fortitude with a bit of weight. Didnt see the point wasting levels into speed, melee damage or even stamina. I'll just need to kit up tommorow when I get home after work.

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Got on for awhile last night, spent most of it gathering gacha crystals on The Island while farming metal and hide. Were at almost 300 gacha poly crystals now - over 9000 organic poly worth. Some will be for chainsaws the rest towards MEK eventually (barring any other big builds we need)

Theres been a contamination issue with the gacha crystal vault. Cracked opened some for the tek saddle and got a fair few silica pearls out of them lol

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Getting stoked for alpha tek cave!

We're all so dead ?

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

The Island - Eve of the Tek Cave Event

Finished up preparations for the attempt at the Tek cave. Loaded up the replicator full of wood, hide, fiber and metal and respeced into crafting. Crafted up the final 4 theri saddles and 2 rex saddles and then a spare giga saddle. My squad consists of 11 theris and 5 rexes, all with ascendant saddles and one (a female) of which has been saddled up with a tek saddle. Had to grab that one from the Center as I seemed to have assembled a squad of pure males. I know d1nk has a couple of females but I wanted the variety. Treated all the boss dinos to a dyed saddle, got to show off my blue, cyan and yellow scheme  I am still deciding on if I should bring the giga and the yuty. 

Finished off and respeced into a tek cave stat build, basically pumped everything into health and fortitude with a bit of weight. Didnt see the point wasting levels into speed, melee damage or even stamina. I'll just need to kit up tommorow when I get home after work.

Theres been a contamination issue with the gacha crystal vault. Cracked opened some for the tek saddle and got a fair few silica pearls out of them lol

We're all so dead ?

Yuty will be essential to our success

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I believe that dinos found in caves are untameable. So you might be out of luck with that cave bear.

Thanks....only wasted 120 Narc darts, 40 Honey and 128 Mutton but lesson learnt. :)

Started Mining again to finish the roof on my home and collected rare flowers for my hive. After the patch things stopped working at home so had to re do my Water to get it working, looked like it was working but if I drank from the taps nothing happened. Re did them and boom it worked. But all my crops died. Also my green house now has random plots that are at 300% and then the one next to it has 0%. Not sure how to fix that yet.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Got on for a bit last night. Went to Island first to finish a few last minute things. Did a metal run, killed a Titan and grabbed some drops. A server member wanted to borrow our rex saddle for a few of his rexs, arranged that then I brought the guy through a swamp cave run. 

Hopped over to Rag to go on a spino taming spree to mix it up. Tamed a 145 spino and after much looking a 130 and 135. Brought all my spinos back to base, tamed 7x 130-145 already! Combed through my stats and picked the two best to make eggs. Threw the eggs in a fridge then went to bed.

Tek Cave today, ill be logging in about an hour and a half from now to get prepped!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Look at this, found this random screenshot I had of the old forum. This thread is on there with only 5 replies! Haha just a baby thread back then :) 

https://imgur.com/a/mCKJz2O

@Anarki @ImpureFrost @Cymas @Volcano637 tagging old names I remember from early on

Oh lord the old white theme. Is that THE official wipe thread? 

Well this evening has been rather disheartening. Was planning a Tek cave event for the community on The Island before it switches to Scorched Earth next month, and typically the server crashes 2 hours before we start with no sign of it restarting.

Nothing worse then getting your hopes up for something only for outside forces to prevent you from succeeding. Spent a fair few hours prepping for it earlier today too. Damn you Nitrado :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, SaltyMonkey said:

Well this evening has been rather disheartening. Was planning a Tek cave event for the community on The Island before it switches to Scorched Earth next month, and typically the server crashes 2 hours before we start with no sign of it restarting.

Nothing worse then getting your hopes up for something only for outside forces to prevent you from succeeding. Spent a fair few hours prepping for it earlier today too. Damn you Nitrado :(

Yeah damn Nitrado. I was prepping like crazy too. Next weekend ill have more time and the other guys will be prepped more too

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Yes, before Legacy became Legacy :P 

That thread was a blast ? Also congrats on hitting 2k.

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Gutted ? 

• Like 1

Since the Tek Cave wasnt going I spent some time breeding all my spinos ive been taming to get some combined stats. Out of 7 spinos 3 had good stats to combine. Two gens later got them into 224 babies M & F. Also got a HP mut ill keep seperate for now.

Made a bunch more Exceptional Kibble and transferred it to my trap. Did another round and tamed 2x 145 spinos. The first one oddly enough had the EXACT same HP, stam and Melee as my combined ones I bred at home. The second one had the best pretame stats ive seen yet and luckily came out with a slight melee boost. My current stats are an abysmal 5.1k hp (5.4 w mut) 1.6k stam 2.6k oxy 308 melee. The new tame is 325 melee so a tad boost.

Other guys wanted to use my trap so I let em and headed off to make dinner then head out for the night.

• Like 3

Had a day or so off, grinded today on the base, it’s a massive cylinder now. Got some crops going in a nearby water vein, got a few more tames, wanted to get some backup equus just in case and a flier. My first attempt, I went up to tame what I thought was an Eq, but it was a lvl 140 unicorn, didn’t realize it until after the taming started lol, that has been my main mount since I got it, I also tamed a 195 eq, and mistakenly tamed a lvl 85, So now I have 3 eq’s as back up mounts just in case. For a flier I went and tamed a lvl 120 ptera.

Went ahead and made some rifles, and got around 100 bullets for now. I have a crap ton of charcoal but need more spark powder.

Overall, pretty solid, productive day. These giga’s and allo’s are gonna make me have a heart attack tho. All of a sudden it seems like they’re out in numbers. Lol

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Edited by MaverickAU
  • Like 2

After a long day of yardwork I hopped on ARK to relax.

The other day I tamed a 150 spino and got a crazy oxy roll, 3.6k all my others are 2-2.6k figure itd be handy.

Made good progress on my spino line today! Tamed 3x more spinos, 2 150s and a 140. The 140 had the highest pretame melee ive seen yet on a spino and it paid off, 355% compared to my 308 and newly 325. The others were okay, one of the 150s came out with good stam and weight.

Took them all home and bred my new melee one with my breeders, after about 20 eggs got a 241 hatch with all the stats. Ill do a bit of breeding tonight to queue up the eggs for combining the new stam and weight into it, then the oxy. My rough calculations should be about 280 hatch by then.

Made up 20 more exceptional kibble for more spinos in the future. 

The last bit of my night I spent collaberating mats onto The Island to make my Mek and Mek Shield attachment. Over 9500 ingots, 500 b. Pearls, 500 element, 3500 crystal and 5200 poly combined. Did a quick megapethicus for some element. Brought my daedon this time, was kind of fun.

Crafted the Mek and Shield and got 2.2% on Mek, 51% on shield. Tested the mek out, 340 melee. Rolled great hp and melee on it. Each sword swipe is over 1000 damage, pistol is 200-400 each hit (3 round burst) the only downside is the shield degrades durability at a high rate passivley. I threw it out once and it barely consumed 100 dura, went around pistoling and swording stuff for about 10 minutes and the shield dura drained about 1/3 from just being equipped (not even deployed!) 

This will be fun on Extinction. Our gigas do 1600-2000 a bite so its actually a viable option for OSD, given its not too squish. Enemies seem to take extra damage when within the deployed shield (from 1000 to 1400 per swipe)

Going to breed some spino eggs and preincubate them then head to bed

• Like 2

Had a DISASTROUS WEEKEND!!!

Trying to Tame a Trike to clear out some old wooden buildings so I can build there.

1st. Tamed a Trike in the area. Great. Set it on attack my target and was happily hacking away at a foundation with my trike helping.

After a minute got the message your Trike was killed by your tribe. What??

I was catching my trike with my hatchet and hadn't realised.

2. Later while at old base saw 2 trikes so tamed them both. Ok, put one on a basic raft to get to new location. Passing the swamp and a Crocodile ate my Trike. 

3. Put other trike in my armoured raft so crocodile proof. Was sticking what I thought was close to the shore when a  Leedsichthys one hit destroyed my raft. Me and trike made it to shore but alpha raptor came out of nowhere. My low level Trike put up a valiant fight but ran out of stamina and we both got killed. Went back to get my stuff and quit for the weekend. :( 

• Sad 3

I did a lot this weekend, possibly the most productive for the last 6 months. I finished my 277 100% imp Yuty only to be given an egg between 303 and 313 haha - i hate raising Yutys. I also got another Daeodon baby out and came out at 259 (only started a few weeks back so progressing really well). I then realised I'm missing a big Melee stat, and Stam stat so should be breeding out close to 280 in the next week or so.

I had no further progress on my Pteras - so many eggs now and nothing new to show for it. oh well, Ill keep on trying.

Then I had some good news... out of the blue, Alpha Tek cave run - starting in 15 mins. (It was midnight so I was debating whether to go or not... damn it, lets do it!) 

So quickly grabbed some Asc Flak, an Asc Shotgun and Ammo, a few canteens and some Prime Jerky, podded a pair of my 100% imp high level Rexes (30k hp and 1700 MD) and went off to Island. Met up with everyone at the lava entrance in the volcano and 19 of us proceeded to work our way through the caverns. Giga after Giga and we make it through to the first 'bubble'. Upon entering, I lost 90% of my HP and had a broken bone icon - quickly ate some jerky and nothing... jerky is not good for replenishing HP - I had rushed my preparation, but luckily 2 friends dropped me some burgers and medical brew. 

Entered the final cavern, 5 of my tribemates (across server tribes) were all around me and we worked as a unit jumping on each boss and then working on adds as and when we could... it was going rally smooth and then I got kncoked off my Rex and were separated for what seemed like an hr (possibly 45 seconds) running in and out of adds until someone pointed out a standalone Rex on the other side. Managed to jump on just in time before a defender clobbed me from behind.

We were just getting the last boss down when some tribemates were knocked from their Rexes and a tribemate made a few shots with his shotgun to finish off the boss as it was nearly dead... a slight lag and another tribemate walked in front of the shotgun... 4 of the 5 tribemates ascended from the ARK on Alpha... one died valiantly and sacrificed himself for the greater good.

1900hrs in and I have ascended off the ARK at Alpha. Thanks WC

• Like 4