So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Got up to around 40 tonight, almost have the base upgraded to wood from thatch, I could easily go to stone, but I like building through the tiers, more satisfying. I did make a pistol and ammo, but am storing it for the time being, crossbow will be the main for the foreseeable future as I continue to make hoards of ammo. Need to find more metal nodes with after some repairs, the sicle, and the pistol, I’m low on metal again.

• Like 1

Today I got to start using my new Ragnarok Canyon outpost to start taming Spinos. Captured and tamed three 140-145 Spinos so far. The pit trap is working great. The Spinos aren't far away and they follow quite easily. I just fly close with my Griffin, shoot one with a dart, then have it follow me back to my base, where I have the front door open for them. Once in the pit, I close the door and begin the KO. 

Spino_Taming.jpg

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

Today I got to start using my new Ragnarok Canyon outpost to start taming Spinos. Captured and tamed three 140-145 Spinos so far. The pit trap is working great. The Spinos aren't far away and they follow quite easily. I just fly close with my Griffin, shoot one with a dart, then have it follow me back to my base, where I have the front door open for them. Once in the pit, I close the door and begin the KO. 

Spino_Taming.jpg

Love the trap. I might take a few creative tips and build a similar public trap. I like the storage yard. Spinos are something I always try to focus on but end up giving up after a few generations. They would fall nicely in my new playthrough.

• Like 2

Hopped on today and checked The Center. Nothing else seemed out of place besides the cryopods, of course. I have noticed a few new guys on TC that I havent seen on other maps though. Gens have plenty of element etc

Started Tek cave prep. Grabbed the Asc chainsaw bp, brought it to The Center, gathered up some Theriz females from our boss crew and an extra male from Island (btw @AngrySaltire pod your boss theriz.. I had one in a pod since we did island bosses and it leveled to 21k hp 700+ melee) Made some eggs to raise on Island, along with a few rex eggs.

Hatched the eggs on Island, did a few imprints then cryopodded them. I wanted to make that chainsaw for Island, so hopped over to Extinction to gather some electronics. When I was there helped someone find a spot, then went to check our gennies. All good. Went into my base to grab my cryopods when... unpowered. Crap. Forgot to fill my regular genny that only had my cryofridges. Lost a lot of good tames including some boss rexs, imprinted velos, snow owls etc. Oh well! Luckily my main Mana, gigas and crab/doed are outside. Farmed some electronics, transferred them to TC then went to bed.

Tomorrow is prep day. I brought over a real nice shotgun and im going to make a few kits, brews and a buttload of veggie cakes / raise a few dinos. Might bring an Allo crew over, theyre pretty handy at the first part of Tek Cave

• Like 2

Thor.thumb.jpg.bf7c37f397421c267f8f52d49e359b92.jpg

Ladies and Gents meet Thor. Cyanide is not quite ready for photos yet as she is still doing her hair (read has blood marks on her hide atm)

So I finished the Taming pen and if I never collect ore for the next week it will be too soon. So I pushed the wall out and made a ceiling space between the outer and inner walls. Now I no longer die from Splash damage. But the light when a lighting Wyvren attacks the base is beautiful to behold. Still haven't finished painting the pen yet but he base got painted in my personal colours of Red and Black.

I tested the taming pen out yesterday it was a breeze to get Wyvren milk. I did lose a few Ptera's until I got it right and need to figure a safer way of getting home. The door doesn't open fast enough and I sometimes bounce off it and then get flamed. However I am super happy with my 2 Wyvrens. Will make a separate post about them. Now I need to finish my Aviary (the round once below) and ground based taming pen next to it. Then onto the finishing the roof and the landing pads for he main tree house base and my fishing cabin.

However will bask in the glow of my 2 beauties for a bit.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Aikar said:

I have work today! So I ended up intentionally popping a Dimetrodon since it aged close to the argy's, and woke up every 1.5 hours last night to feed and imprint the babies. Rex finally hit Juv at 6am~.

Why did you not just cryopod the babies and imprint at your leisure? Sounds like a painful night, hope you catch up on some sleep :)

Last night was quite funny actually. So I went on Center as usual and got my babies out to mature. 

On our discord channel, some new allies were discussing egg collecting on their Rag server and were struggling a little with their big cumbersome Wyverns. I decided this is the perfect time to use a few of my gazillion Pteras that I have sitting in a few cryofridges. I took over a 310 and 292 born unlevelled Pteras and then took over my rag character from another Rag server.

I didnt know I could join their tribe which was on that server as well (My rag char is now in two tribes - confusing). 

Anyway, I put all 46 unspent levels into Stam which took it to 1800 and then started running the scar solo, bringing out 4-5 wyverns at a time to the turrets they had sitting in view. 

Comment 1: That things rapid

Comment 2: How are you not dead

Comment 3: Is it safe in their now

I love the fact that people have forgotten how good Pteras actually are (when bred right anyway), and how much easier it is to land on a nest in a cleft, grab and egg and get out super quick. One of the new allies, lost their Griffin and the other used his Lightning Wyv to good effect to tank a few hits. I just did my own thing kiting everything out from beneath and above and from anywhere I could see them so new allies could grab some eggs :)

I felt pretty good last night :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Monde said:

Ok so after breading my Ovis I am running around looking for the baby sheep. Picking up floors, going down to the bottom floor and then the basement in case the baby has fallen through 2 floors. Nothing. Then I remembered that they dont lay eggs and well I wont find a baby right after mating...doh :(

Gotta make a 2 high ovis catching spot, the ceiling theyre standing on and one more under it, works wonders. Basically 3 high, ceiling on top, 1 wall down, ceiling then 1 wall, foundation. Never again will you lose em! 

9 hours ago, d1nk said:

Hopped on today and checked The Center. Nothing else seemed out of place besides the cryopods, of course. I have noticed a few new guys on TC that I havent seen on other maps though. Gens have plenty of element etc

Started Tek cave prep. Grabbed the Asc chainsaw bp, brought it to The Center, gathered up some Theriz females from our boss crew and an extra male from Island (btw @AngrySaltire pod your boss theriz.. I had one in a pod since we did island bosses and it leveled to 21k hp 700+ melee) Made some eggs to raise on Island, along with a few rex eggs.

Hatched the eggs on Island, did a few imprints then cryopodded them. I wanted to make that chainsaw for Island, so hopped over to Extinction to gather some electronics. When I was there helped someone find a spot, then went to check our gennies. All good. Went into my base to grab my cryopods when... unpowered. Crap. Forgot to fill my regular genny that only had my cryofridges. Lost a lot of good tames including some boss rexs, imprinted velos, snow owls etc. Oh well! Luckily my main Mana, gigas and crab/doed are outside. Farmed some electronics, transferred them to TC then went to bed.

Tomorrow is prep day. I brought over a real nice shotgun and im going to make a few kits, brews and a buttload of veggie cakes / raise a few dinos. Might bring an Allo crew over, theyre pretty handy at the first part of Tek Cave

Is it possible someone is stealing your gas in the generators too?

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Gotta make a 2 high ovis catching spot, the ceiling theyre standing on and one more under it, works wonders. Basically 3 high, ceiling on top, 1 wall down, ceiling then 1 wall, foundation. Never again will you lose em! 

Yip thats my build. just forgot they have a gestation period and the little ones dont pop out immediately 

• Thanks 1

The Island

Hoped on for a bit to destress a bit after a few nail biting days. Had a job interview today so I was getting a bit stressed out about that. So how better to destress than raise some rexs for the tek cave. Hatched up 3 rexes and raised them up to 50% maturation before cryoing them up for the night, shall finish them tommorow. Did some metal farming between imprints in preparation for some ascendant boss saddles. Checked in my island fridge and there already 5 or 6 boss theris allready cryoed up, plus a few rexes.

13 hours ago, d1nk said:

I basically dont know whats going on, on all the maps apart from the Ragnarok server atm. In terms of the center I only know of one other tribe apart from us and DJ. Hoped onto the center for a cruise about on my snow owl, still finding new places I havent explored yet, I do need to spend more time exploring the center such a good map.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Is it possible someone is stealing your gas in the generators too?

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

No was my fault and its behind closed doors. I knew that one was my bad, we usr tek gennies for everything this was the one thing that was on regular genny

The joys of running more than one map, got to keep track of 4 maps with multiple bases.... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

The Island

Hoped on for a bit to destress a bit after a few nail biting days. Had a job interview today so I was getting a bit stressed out about that. 

Good luck man! I assume you dont know the results yet? Keep postive thoughts!

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

The joys of running more than one map, got to keep track of 4 maps with multiple bases.... 

Hahaha dont we know it.. I think we might need to develop a routine check every 2 weeks or something lol

PS4 Single Player

Things were going a bit too easy on my no engram survival game so I wiped all single player data including the Ab play through and readjusted some settings and have started my journey on the island.

Problems from last play through;

Loot from drops was too good. I had a 320 dmg bow bp. With some crafting skill it was 400+ dmg. Only a Giga , Golem, and Wyv would give me issues.

Playing on Rag gave me easy access to high level dino's. I tamed a 150 Trike with that bow, a bit too easy.

Part of ease was I had levels gained on dino's jacked up. I have now adjusted that to match official.

I also had to revamp my levels gained. It was a bit unbalanced.

XP gain was too high. 

I have now made adjustments and this new play through is more difficult so it seems to be going well.

It's tough to balance the fact that I am not allowed engrams only bp's and items from drops with the extensive knowledge I have from playing the game (That giant bird creature does eat berries but will murder you with glee)

So far I think I have. We'll have to see once I get to some high level tames and breeding.

As far as today. Started out in West 2. Been attacked by a few gators and Raptors. Hardest part has been no weapons from drops up until just recently. I found a green drop with a bow and my best find so far, a stone arrow bp. That's huge. 

I'm currently on the move to the South Zone. I plan on setting up in Stone Henge for awhile and gaining XP and gathering supplies. Then we'll see if I want to relocate again or call it home. 

Excited to see what's next. 

Death Count;

1 Raptor, 1 pushed off a cliff by a Raptor.

• Like 5

Alpha Tek Cave Prep!

Started off on The Center, grabbed the nice chainsaw, some blueprints for flak, gear, shotgun, rex and theri saddle bps and other various things including eggs and hopped to The Island.

Raised and imprinted 2x rexs, 2x theri and a Daedon. Gathered about 50k hide, did a few metal runs and made 2 of each Rex and Theriz saddles, among a flak set, 250 med brews, 500 shotgun shells and even made a bunch of soups and kibble for imprinting.

Raising another 2 rexs now, trying to level up a bunch between Lystro / Hide runs. @AngrySaltire I pre incubated 8 giga eggs and some rex eggs to level some rexs today. Along with filling the grinder mats (stone wood) so we can quickly level up our newer tames for cave.

Going to do some imprints and maybe another couple hide runs for Saltire's saddles then go to bed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Alpha Tek Cave Prep!

Started off on The Center, grabbed the nice chainsaw, some blueprints for flak, gear, shotgun, rex and theri saddle bps and other various things including eggs and hopped to The Island.

Raised and imprinted 2x rexs, 2x theri and a Daedon. Gathered about 50k hide, did a few metal runs and made 2 of each Rex and Theriz saddles, among a flak set, 250 med brews, 500 shotgun shells and even made a bunch of soups and kibble for imprinting.

Raising another 2 rexs now, trying to level up a bunch between Lystro / Hide runs. @AngrySaltire I pre incubated 8 giga eggs and some rex eggs to level some rexs today. Along with filling the grinder mats (stone wood) so we can quickly level up our newer tames for cave.

Going to do some imprints and maybe another couple hide runs for Saltire's saddles then go to bed

Ah cool thanks. Just let me know what would be useful for me to do tonight. I guess just more metal and hide farming ?

6 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ah cool thanks. Just let me know what would be useful for me to do tonight. I guess just more metal and hide farming ?

Well tonight id say the Tek cave is what u can do thats useful :P But really, ive got a new tribe of guys at our island base currently, letting then raise some rexs for cave

You probably need more hide for saddles, and we need to powerlevel some dinos! 

Having spent a few weeks establishing a beach base, taming some Parasaurs, housing a half dozen Dodo's for a Dodo kibble recipe that i can't figure out (help would be nice) and taming Raptors then losing them i finally decided to scout a little further north to find a new location for a more permanent home. I prepared arrows and tranq arrows for my crossbow, mounted Roger my trusty steed (a lvl 132 Parasaur ) and headed out. As i passed over a rise i saw a swamp that i'd never seen before and a giant crocodile. Now i've messed with these before and knew that the best tactic was height and distance. A few arrows later i laugh at my easy victory and head down to skin my prey. As i raise my axe a giant snake suddenly appears, gives me a bite and within seconds all is black. I throw down the controller and wait to be eaten, but even though i hear the hissing and slithering it doesn't finish me off and slowly my torpor lowers and i'm up. I decide to return to Roger and flee, as i move the snake is on me again, panic sets in and i scramble away screaming Roger's name. I make it back just as the snake attacks again, i jump on Roger's back and he begins stamping, all seems to be going in my favour till Roger gets stuck on a rock, but his mighty hooves finish off the snake and plenty of hide is gathered. I begin to think about how far i have come since day 1 (currently day 16) i feel invincible. I'm stronger now, strong enough to cross this petty swamp. I climb aboard Roger and begin to wade across. A faint ripple in the water catches my eye and before i know what's going on some strange creature has leapt out of the water and dragged me from Roger's back. It is pushing me through the vile swamp water but i notice that it isn't damaging me. But i dont know where its taking me. I try punching it in the face but to no avail, i pull out my trusty crossbow and shoot it in the face, ha more hide for me, I truly believe am invincible, damn i'm good at this game. I call Roger over so that we can continue on our journey. As he's crossing i turn to choose which way to head and come face to face with 2 giant snakes with weird collars, they hiss, one pounces and it all goes dark. As they begin eating me i hear screams in the distance as Roger meets the same fate. Farewell my friend I'll miss you. Controller down, Playstation off.

• Like 1

I've been busy using my new Rag Canyo outpost to capture & tame Spinos. Got my first Lvl 150 today, and she's a beast. I've tamed a half dozen high level Spino's now and started surveying their stats to prep for breeding.Looks like I have a few stand out stats in HP, Melee Damage, Stamina, and Oxygen, that I can combine onto a mating pair.  

Spino_Red.jpg

• Like 2