So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

3 hours ago, MaverickAU said:

Pretty solid night tonight got to level 28, finished the starter base, now resource hoarding. Got over 400 hide, 100+ metal ingots, 400+ gun powder. Felt like a productive night. Got the forge and smithy going full blast, and somehow only managed to die once.

ps, what is the threshold to be able to react to posts and not having a daily post limit?

Keep posting in this thread, you’ll get there in less than a week. Plus your posts aren’t spam as you’re genuinely involved in the discussion. The more people that share their stories, the better the read for those who post here :)

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

This means nothing to me ?

This is the late Dave Brockie.  He was the singer in the band GWAR. He used the stage name ODERUS URUNGUS.   Google it, and you will might be able to see why I named my Pachy after him.

In a nutshell, GWAR was made up of  Virgina college students who combined their love of art and music into a stage spectacle rarely seen anywhere else. Totally tongue in cheek, they  were willing to offend everyone and anyone. I once had the pleasure of talking to Dave, and he was a really great guy. 

GWAR's music ranged from punk to heavy metal. IF you like metal, try listening to the song "GOR GOR" from their album America Must be Destroyed.

• Like 1

Simple night, much like last night. Resource hoarding and leveling. Past lvl 30. Up to 600+ on hide and gunpowder, 200+ on ingots, made 4 extra sets of metal tools and 2 extra sets of hide armor in case things get crazy. Got my base more organized,  8 chests and 2 large storage boxes.  I really like the starter base design because the large storage fits perfectly in the slots. Found a tek , can’t think of the species, after attacking him he got stuck on a tree, so I was able to kill it (lvl 105) got electronics, some elemental dust, etc. I will say, I am enjoying this pace.

• Like 3

So yesterday I finished most of my taming pen and tested it. Work reasonably well to a point but I am dying through the walls when hiding from the Wyvrens in my base. Needing to rethink.

I built a Fishing hut to while away the hours while thinking of build designs. I also spent time taming a level 193 Argy. Now I am taming up some more Ptera's to replace those lost in Operation Flame Wyvren....ggrrr

• Like 2

Built an outpost in the Ragnarok Canyons for taming Spinos. Right close to a Spino spawn, and they frequently come by for a 'visit'. I may even just be able to lure one into my taming pen by leaving the front doors open. The taming pen features a ramp entrance, so no escaping once in, and I can close the doors to keep other dinos from going up the ramp.

canyon_outpost.jpg

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 3

Last night... Intended to incubate a bunch of eggs to 15 seconds to prepare them for a weekend popping... Watched the wrong egg I thought was the lowest.

Ended up with 5 argy babies, without having prepped for much food. In the panic of dealing with the argy babies, I didn't get to the 1 of the Rex eggs to pick them up in time and it too popped....

I have work today! So I ended up intentionally popping a Dimetrodon since it aged close to the argy's, and woke up every 1.5 hours last night to feed and imprint the babies. Rex finally hit Juv at 6am~.

Installed Ark on the xbox at work so I can go do the imprint in a few minutes.... Took tomorrow off of work lol.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

The taming pen features a ramp entrance, so no escaping once in, and I can close the doors to keep other dinos from going up the ramp.

canyon_outpost.jpg

Good thinking on the second gateway to block other dinos getting in, never thought to do that on my standard pitfall trap design. Love the walk up the side to shoot into the trap.

• Like 1

Last night got on for a bit, had only one goal: Get a bee for honey. Tamed a dire bear the other day and had ghillie bug repelent etc handy, went to green ob with simple kibble and nabbed the first bee. Bears make it easy. Decided id get another, someone is destroying the beehives and leaving the queens out id assume for the 5 honey.. if only they knew you go up and press the hive for honey.. oh well! 

I was rippin around and randomly found a queen in the middle of nowhere.. we now have 2 hives.

The new guys were begging for element dust, they built a replicator and wanted to use it so i indulged em and made one kf them come to The Center to meet me, gave em 4000 dust  then logged for the night

• Like 2

Island and the Center

Last night I spent some time looking for some anglerfish to tame on the island thinking it would be easier to find a high level on the island than Ragnarok, not a fan of underwater Ragnarok too much space to search. Took the basil on a loop round the island with no luck at all, nothing over level 100 so didnt tame anything.

Tonight I started preping for a server wide event attempting the tek cave before the Island map rotates to Scorched. Uncryoed some preraised rexs to level them up but was startled to dsicover that the rexes had only gained a few levels. Decided to raise some more rexes across on the Center since thats where our main breeding center. Preincubated some of my signiture blue rex eggs and was going to hatch them but I am now in a bit of a tizzy. Ummmm @d1nk, where did our the cryopods full of breeder shoulderpets go ? Could have sworn they were in the cryofridge on the Center but the fridge is empty ? Have we been robbed ? Looked everywhere on the Island and the Center ? 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Island and the Center

Last night I spent some time looking for some anglerfish to tame on the island thinking it would be easier to find a high level on the island than Ragnarok, not a fan of underwater Ragnarok too much space to search. Took the basil on a loop round the island with no luck at all, nothing over level 100 so didnt tame anything.

Tonight I started preping for a server wide event attempting the tek cave before the Island map rotates to Scorched. Uncryoed some preraised rexs to level them up but was startled to dsicover that the rexes had only gained a few levels. Decided to raise some more rexes across on the Center since thats where our main breeding center. Preincubated some of my signiture blue rex eggs and was going to hatch them but I am now in a bit of a tizzy. Ummmm @d1nk, where did our the cryopods full of breeder shoulderpets go ? Could have sworn they were in the cryofridge on the Center but the fridge is empty ? Have we been robbed ? Looked everywhere on the Island and the Center ? 

Uhhhh... i havent touched any :o Checked Water base? Yeah if its empty we were robbed.. I swear I pincoded. Time to search everyone's bases ruthlessly. Nice d1nk will turn into wipe-yo-base d1nk pretty quick if we were

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Uhhhh... i havent touched any :o Checked Water base? Yeah if its empty we were robbed.. I swear I pincoded. Time to search everyone's bases ruthlessly. Nice d1nk will turn into wipe-yo-base d1nk pretty quick if we were

Nah nothing at water base. Why go for the shoulderpets fridge and not the main breeder fridge next to it. Saying that the fridge with the ptera and kentros were empty too ? 

I should have thought too. Been clawing at the back of my mind. Regardless I now have the cryofridges in an enclosed room and a tek beh gateway on the barn now. 

Just to finish off my woes tonight I started to move some of my stuff across from the Island to the Center. Hoped on to extinction just to check fridges there in case. Found my main genny ran out and all my cryoed dinos were dead. Thankfully there wasnt much in there but lost a couple of imprinted gigas... Could have sworn I topped up the gennys recently.... 

• Sad 3

26 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Ill check tonight as well to make sure, we will check for sure

I have checked everywhere that I know off. I have consolidated all my lightpets to try and scrape together some new breeders. I only have male shinehorns left from my breeding line. Only females of my blue black glowtail line left and my black green line is lost (no biggie on that line). Only got male featherlights left but I do have eggs left so can hatch females (hopefully. Bulbdogs are gone I never really cared about those anyway. Need to check on our dimorph line but should have enough to cover on the island.

2 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

How accessible are your cryofridges?

They were too accessible which was the problem. Inside our open breeding barn, might as well have had a big sign saying free cryopdos lol Its our own fault for not installing a front door onto the front of the barn. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Got on earlier, realised I didn’t need as much hide for my Rex saddles as I said before. Pooled all of my resources across all 4 maps on the cluster to craft 10 saddles. I’m taking a break from Ark for a few days after that ordeal, only coming back for admin stuff such as the potential thief mentioned in the above stories.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Got on earlier, realised I didn’t need as much hide for my Rex saddles as I said before. Pooled all of my resources across all 4 maps on the cluster to craft 10 saddles. I’m taking a break from Ark for a few days after that ordeal, only coming back for admin stuff such as the potential thief mentioned in the above stories.

Was going to ask about the rex saddle bp. Our bp on the center requires only 10k hide rather than the 20k something I saw you mention lol

Single Player PS4

I have 2 games(2 survivors) going but I'm excited about the one I just started.

Basically I can only use items I get out of drops or dino carcasses and can only craft an item once I have a blueprint for it. I also am not repairing anything. Once it nreaks it gets tossed.

I started on the Center. Was able to kill an Alpha Raptor for a JM pick. I then jumped to Rag. Those boxes at blue are just too easy. Lol. Crossbows, metal hatchets, swords, wood shields. 

I started killing Raptors, Carno's, and Scorps to get cloth armor. 

I finally made my way to the ice cave and was lucky enough to find some Asc cloth bp's for hat and glove. 

So far I have a 2 x 1 thatch base pulled from a white drop. I also pulled an Asc Pachy Saddle, made, so proceeded to tame a 135 Pachy I came across. I've also tamed a 140 and 150 vulture. So it's actually going pretty well but it means items/bp's I would have tossed before will be getting uses this time. 

I'm hoping to find a campfire in a white drop soon. Tired of spamming berries and watching my meat spoil. 

I'll play this mode until I get bored, then probably wipe single player and start a different challenge.

The second game mode is an Ab playthrough. On official I went to Ab to just build up for the sole purpose of defeating Rockwell. Between breeding my lines of Quetz, Yuty, and Argy's and just the poor performance of the An server I was on, I never got a chance to fully appreciate the map. I'm currently in game searching for a high level crab to help with farming. I had left a 135 alive for the last 3 days but I am guessing he picked a fight with the 135 Paracer I see in the area he was and lost. So time to kill the river area until a 130+ spawns.

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Single Player PS4

I have 2 games(2 survivors) going but I'm excited about the one I just started.

Basically I can only use items I get out of drops or dino carcasses and can only craft an item once I have a blueprint for it. I also am not repairing anything. Once it nreaks it gets tossed.

I started on the Center. Was able to kill an Alpha Raptor for a JM pick. I then jumped to Rag. Those boxes at blue are just too easy. Lol. Crossbows, metal hatchets, swords, wood shields. 

I started killing Raptors, Carno's, and Scorps to get cloth armor. 

I finally made my way to the ice cave and was lucky enough to find some Asc cloth bp's for hat and glove. 

So far I have a 2 x 1 thatch base pulled from a white drop. I also pulled an Asc Pachy Saddle, made, so proceeded to tame a 135 Pachy I came across. I've also tamed a 140 and 150 vulture. So it's actually going pretty well but it means items/bp's I would have tossed before will be getting uses this time. 

I'm hoping to find a campfire in a white drop soon. Tired of spamming berries and watching my meat spoil. 

I'll play this mode until I get bored, then probably wipe single player and start a different challenge.

I like it! I love self imposed playthroughs :) So this means no fliers unless you find a bp? Or are you using saddle-less fliers? Ice cave on foot seems daunting

4 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I like it! I love self imposed playthroughs :) So this means no fliers unless you find a bp? Or are you using saddle-less fliers? Ice cave on foot seems daunting

If I can find a griffin I'll tame it. I've actually hit up a lot of the map on foot anyway. I've been to the desert (not deep desert), I started at blue, and my base is just below the beaver dams at green. 

I will say, I adjusted the settings to gain more points for ox, food, water, and weight. I put 1 point in each ox, food, and water so it doubled it. It helps me be able to not drain as fast since I'm mostly walking/running everywhere. 

Likewise, without the use of weight mounts and covering longer distances on foot, I ramped up weight pretty significantly. Think I get 200 weight per level. I'll go up to about 2100 weight. 

Hp, stam, melee, fortitude, and crafting skill go the same as official. Max level is 150, like official. 

I have eyed several ptera's but I won't tame anything until I get a saddle or bp for it. So far I can tame a trike as well as the pachy I tamed but I only have two tranq arrows left so I have to find more. 

I'm also considering puttong a 5 to 10 death limit on myself. If I hit it, I upload that character and start over woth a new one. However, I have pvp settings so my new character will be able to raid my old base once they are built to. I currently somehow have 0 deaths so by the time I'd hit 10, I'd probably be built pretty strong. 

It'll be interesting. It means I won't ever go to stone, I'll go from wood to metal. No grill, no cooking pot, no a lot of items since bp's don't exist for it. 

5x harvest

2x xp

92.5x egg hatch (no skill watching an egg cook down)

10x maturation (I've done 1x maturation on official, I earned 10x damn't, lol)

I'll adjust stuff if I find certain things are too easy/boring but I definitely want as much as a survival feel as I can. No engrams definitely makes you earn the little stuff more.

• Like 2