So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

31 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Its the extreme boost. Tek is engame and it feels weird not working for it. The main reason behind my forced more primitive playthrough.

Yeah, it is weird.  I enjoy building up armies to do the boss fights, but some of the artifacts collecting  (especially on RAG) are a pain in my butt. So I enjoy this server because I can play around with TEK like never before. But I actually think I would enjoy it a lot more, if the rates were not boosted, and if the only drops that contained element were the ice cave queen (as well as bosses)  This way a person Could get TEK without having to mess with the desert maze, but would still have to work hard at it. 

But it's not my server, so not my decision.

My guess is that after another week or so on this server, I will probably take a break from everything. With the weather getting nicer, I will need to head up to my land on the weekends, and get that prepared for this fall. Lots of work to do up there, and with my physical ailments and aged body, It takes me a LOT longer to do all that stuff than in the past. So I won't be playing PS4 as much on the weekends I think.

(Except maybe my Single Player Extinction character. I need to build up a boss army, and try fighting not only the Extinction bosses, but the Island and Scorched Bosses too. )

I'm also considering wiping one of my PS4 login IDs data for ARK, and starting totally fresh at default rates. And progressing from Island, to Center, to Scorched, etc.  Just not sure if I have the patience for that anymore.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Yeah, it is weird.  I enjoy building up armies to do the boss fights, but some of the artifacts collecting  (especially on RAG) are a pain in my butt. So I enjoy this server because I can play around with TEK like never before. But I actually think I would enjoy it a lot more, if the rates were not boosted, and if the only drops that contained element were the ice cave queen (as well as bosses)  This way a person Could get TEK without having to mess with the desert maze, but would still have to work hard at it. 

But it's not my server, so not my decision.

My guess is that after another week or so on this server, I will probably take a break from everything. With the weather getting nicer, I will need to head up to my land on the weekends, and get that prepared for this fall. Lots of work to do up there, and with my physical ailments and aged body, It takes me a LOT longer to do all that stuff than in the past. So I won't be playing PS4 as much on the weekends I think.

(Except maybe my Single Player Extinction character. I need to build up a boss army, and try fighting not only the Extinction bosses, but the Island and Scorched Bosses too. )

I'm also considering wiping one of my PS4 login IDs data for ARK, and starting totally fresh at default rates. And progressing from Island, to Center, to Scorched, etc.  Just not sure if I have the patience for that anymore.

Planning the same

3 minutes ago, MaverickAU said:

This thread is what drove me to join this community. It’s so great to see a community positively  care about what others are doing in their own games.

Glad to hear it mate :) Enjoy! 

I dont think I would still be playing ARK so much without this thread, honestly. Saltire and I drive eachother with our writings im sure :P 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I dont think I would still be playing ARK so much without this thread, honestly. Saltire and I drive eachother with our writings im sure :P 

I played the game for awhile my first go round, (2017 6-8 months) without really realizing the premise, (solo player), and then I realized there was actually a “story” in a sense there.  I did a lot of jumping around. My first trip, I always thought it was just level, tame, and do as much badass stuff as possible lol. I was so naive without even realizing it. The game was a lot to take in without any previous knowledge of the game. But after research, reading the forum, and watching vids for about a month, I think I’m ready for another go lol.

So, forgive my “noobness”  at times. Lol

Edited by MaverickAU
  • Like 4

Well it was an ok day in ARK yesterday if I am honest. Did some resource gathering but not enough. Kinda over resource gathering at the moment but I need to finish my bases before I can move onto something more entertaining.

So the Wyvren Taming Pen is 90% complete. I did die a gazillion times but finally got the walls up and roof on. Like I said earlier a little close to the Wyvrens Spawn but it is what it is. Those of you who know Rag it is on the little tip of the rocky arch's that are above the Wyvren cave. There is a little sand patch with Crystal on it. I placed a few pillars and made a floating metal base. Luckily for me I got to test it......by mistake. So I was chilling with my Argy in the pen trying to finish the walls and put in strategically placed S+ Glass walls so I can see what is happening outside the base. Clever?!?! I think so and was proven correct. So minding my own business I removed 4 walls to add in windows and removed the ceiling piece there so that it never broke....just in case. Then I was dead. Killed by a Lighting Wyvren from where I do not know. So jumped on  my Griffin and headed back to the base and well there it was stuck in my Bird pen with Argy......a Level 66 Female Lightening Wyvren. Since I am not set up to receive milk and don't have the time to raise a baby during the week I had to kill her. :( But the base is now enclosed and hopefully working. There are still some tweaks I want to do but they are more for aesthetic reasons.

If you interested I will post some pics for comment/advice/criticism and of course heaps of praise :P

Edited by Monde
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MaverickAU said:

This thread is what drove me to join this community. It’s so great to see a community positively  care about what others are doing in their own games.

Wanting to read more about peoples in game experiences in what brought me to the community page in the first place. This thread is the main reasons why I still come on to the website. That and it keeps me away from the news websites lol. Wish there was more of it and wish people would post pictures more often, I wanna see people builds and tames :D

12 hours ago, MaverickAU said:

The noobier the better ? . We have all been there. 

12 hours ago, d1nk said:

Yesh same here. Having a tribemate helps with the motivation to play and then this thread is perfect to keep you updated as well as shares my experiences. Sometimes I do wonder why I post when all I literally do some nights is sit and stare at the back end of a thyla when breeding. Need to work on my quality of posts occasionally methinks, especially since I mostly post when half zonked after a day at work. 

2 hours ago, Monde said:

If you interested I will post some pics for comment/advice/criticism and of course heaps of praise :P

All ways interested in seeing other peoples builds, so fire away :) Someone here will definitely be able to give you advice. 

• Like 1

Three days to play some interrupted (by my family) ARK. It does make things difficult but still managed to progress my Daeodon line and Ptera line slightly.

I managed to get my new 602 MD Theris up to 80% and 2 new 907MD Rexes are now ready for mass breeding.

Its going to be a painful few weeks but I have decided that once my Yuty, Daeodons, Allos, Pteras are raised... Ill be taking a few weeks off Center. My character on Ab is 12 mins from popping a Max level Reaper so I need to get that started really, and I really want to go and get more Rock Drake eggs so I think Ill be spending some weeks on Ab so you may see Ab stories as opposed to Center ones for a while.

I gathered a lot of metal over the weekend, and other than looking for a Rex BP and a Daeodon one, I couldnt find one on the server, and moving dust to another server is just too much of a hassle - WC really need to make it easier for trading.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Anarki said:

I gathered a lot of metal over the weekend, and other than looking for a Rex BP and a Daeodon one, I couldnt find one on the server, and moving dust to another server is just too much of a hassle - WC really need to make it easier for trading.

Deffo. Its one reason why my progress was so slow when I was back on official, I didnt like trading for various reason. Am sure theres been many a thread in the past but I think it would be great to have trading functionality through the obelisks .But that would be for another thread...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MaverickAU said:

I played the game for awhile my first go round, (2017 6-8 months) without really realizing the premise, (solo player), and then I realized there was actually a “story” in a sense there.  I did a lot of jumping around. My first trip, I always thought it was just level, tame, and do as much badass stuff as possible lol. I was so naive without even realizing it. The game was a lot to take in without any previous knowledge of the game. But after research, reading the forum, and watching vids for about a month, I think I’m ready for another go lol.

I commit acts of "Noobness" every week while playing ARK, and I have thousands of hours played.  :)

• Like 2

PS4 - Ragnarok - Boosted American Server - PvE

Logged on after work last night, and immediately gathered my best saddles/BP & gear and uploaded it into my transmitter, to save in my single player game. 

I then set out to repair and replace all the damage done by the max level Rex the day before. Gathered resources, and then traveled to the Blue OB to craft a Replicator. Then back to base, to replace the broken food plots, irrigation and greenhouse walls/ceiling.

I then installed 2 more Tek turrets to make a total of 4, and filled each with plenty of Shards.

I also was able to craft and install a Tek forcefield.  because of the small footage of my base, I am able to cover everything except the Cloning device, and the teleporter. Which works perfect for me.

I then set off to look for any remaining event colored dinos that I am interested in ... Thylas, Yuty, Rex, etc.  I wasn't really having any luck, but then while resting on a cliffside, I had an all yellow high level Ptera land right next to me. Bolo, KO'd and cryo'd it and uploaded it for my single player breeding program.

Didn't find anything else of interest, except a Cyan and yellow thyla, that was killed before my eyes by some vultures, before I could do anything.

I hit up the Wyvern scar for eggs, even though I could not see any event colored wyverns remaining.  Ended up getting a high level Poison egg, but I still need to make a milking trap, so I just put the egg in a fridge for now.

At this point, I logged out, and was going to fire up my single player game, to download everything I had uploaded earlier.

But as I was returned to the server screen, I was amazed to see .... my missing Crazy Boosted German Server had returned!  So I quickly logged in, but feared the worst, as I have been unable to find it/log in for nearly a week. Well I get logged in, and I breathed a sigh of relief, as everyone and everything was fine.  In fact the remaining food in the bins, and minimal spoilage, leads me to believe that the server was indeed offline for this entire time. Even my juvenile Thyla and Jerboa had survived. 

I then jumped on one of my Pteras, and headed out for a flight around the area. As I got near the green OB, I saw a cool looking Tek Raptor, so I landed and got out my spyglass to get a better look. That is when I heard the unmistakable footsteps of a giga! I jumped back on the Ptera, just as the max level event green and orange Male giga emerged from the trees. I can't believe it was still around.

Remembering that the last thing I had done on this server was trying unsuccessfully to use stone gates to trap this same giga, I returned to base and grabbed some metal gates from the smithy, all the narcotics I had, plus extra tranq arrows and headed back out towards the giga. Upon returning, I noticed that it had some how gotten itself stuck in the remants of my stone gate trap, so I ran in and tried placing metal gates to lock it in place.

I had forgotten the huge hit area for Gigas, and soon I was flying thru the air. Thanfully my ASC level riot and flak saved my life. After a couple more tries, I finally got the giga trapped, and I begin to KO it. Nearly 200 tranq arrows later it falls. I then put food in it, while pumping it with narcotics. Finally as I was getting alarmingly low on narcotics, it stands up. What a beast. I named it Green Tomato. I mean what a fear inducing name huh!

I had forgotten to bring a giga saddle with, so I put both the Ptera and the Giga on follow, and started the short trek back to base. Managed to kill a few brontos along the way, and then got the Giga put away safely.

I then crafted a saddle and put it on the giga. Upon leaving the giga pen, I noticed a red glow in the distance, and soon realized it was a level 120 Alpha Rex. Not wanting to risk the still new and healing Giga, I jumped on one of my battle Rexs (in fact the first Rex I tamed on this server) and headed out towards the battle. The battle was a good one, but my Rex won pretty easily. As we returned to base, we were surprised attacked by a trio of Allos, and it got a little scary, as the bleed effect made me think things were worse than they really were. But soon the rex finished them off, and we got her back to base.

At this point, I called it a night, and watched the final moments of the Bruins-Blujackets game.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

All ways interested in seeing other peoples builds, so fire away :) Someone here will definitely be able to give you advice. 

So we still in the build phase but getting there.So down below there are loads of Wyvren. Let them chase me into the front of the Behemoth Gate. S+ glass gate at the back for my flier to exit. I still need to fill in the hole at the back with pillars.  Then fly around to the back into the Base Pen on the left which has a door into the base. Bottom floor for items and top floor is the shooting gallery.

So this is what I have been doing in ARK. 

All S+ Metal and S+ glass

20190507172734_1.thumb.jpg.e23f866545a0e2bedc0a7d747af4ab56.jpg

So this is the entire one with the base and pen to hid in at the left and the Catchment on the right :)

20190507172843_1.thumb.jpg.1a1a362e70baa18d1f1700d374bd5fa1.jpg

Downstairs with a covered walkway (when it is finished) to get to the downed Wyvren in safety. Bed in already and will be followed by cooker and fridge etc as we go.

381141524_shootingrange.thumb.jpg.89aa82b305ecdcc506ad6a63d9ccb945.jpg

Shooting range. Door on the left and this is S+ glass. The idea is to finish the left and drop one wall down from the ceiling for protection and have a metal rail on the floor so you don't fall off.

Edited by Monde
  • Like 2

Haven’t posted for a while. Been playing Ark here and there but mostly admin stuff outside of the game. Now I’ve got a week off work, I can finally get some extended play time in.

So on Ragnarok I’ve been going a bit motorboat crazy, playing about with a few designs. Normally I’d have just the 1 taming boat but I’m already up to 4 with each having its own specialty.

I converted my taming boat into metal, sealing off the top with ceilings and adding a giant hatchframe to the center. I also added in the underwater taming pen as I take on the sea.

I’ve built an alpha hunting boat but I use it mainly for killing large dinos such as Brontos. Watching them swim into the barrier while I pummel them with ballista bolts is always fun.

As Karkinos spawn naturally in the swamps, I built a crab trap of my own design. Took a few goes to get right but now all I have to do is target the Karkinos I want by shooting it once to bring it to the shore, then sweep in with my cage as you would a Quetzal trap. Once it’s in and touches the floor, I can safely pull back into sea without it escaping. Once I’m in the clear, I just climb aboard the catapult and shoot away. I’ve only successfully knocked out 1 so far without killing it but it’s still fun nonetheless.

My last boat I built just earlier today. It’s a PvP build with floating sniper towers to shoot out of without getting hit. Useless on PvE but I’m gunna take it to the Wyvern coast and practice my shooting.

Edited by SaltyMonkey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Does that mean Tek Cave this weekend?

It can do. Once we agree on a day (preferably Saturday) and a time, I can create an LFG in the club for other people to join in. All of the door summoning mats are taken care of. I just need to saddle my Rex’s and transfer them over.

Edited by SaltyMonkey
  • Thanks 1

Started fresh last night, I always like the fresh start grind. Got my first base under way on a low cliff side by the water so it’s fairly easy  to travel up and down. Went a little big for a starter base, but oh well lol. Got everything done but the roof. Got the Mortar going and making up as much as I can early, while also harvesting as much hide as I can, and cooking as much as possible to get as much charcoal as I can. No tames as of now, it’s like with life, I’m getting myself in order before I worry about any tames lol. Pretty good start for not a terribly long session last night

Edited by MaverickAU
  • Like 2

Ragnarok

Finally ! After a few nights of intensive thyla breeding, I have finally finished. My pet project of breeding easter thylas (plus a natural orange colour) to produce thylas inspired by the 3 Legendary 'Dog' Pokemon from Generation 2 has produced these 3 breeding beauties plus an extra blue bonus colour. Cyan for Suicune, Yellow for Raikou and Orange for Entei. To be fair Entei would be suited to more of a brown colour but I preferred the brighter colour, and it doubles up as an Arcanine style too so no biggies. Also can go with the original Eevveelutions. If I have to ever breed thylas again it will be too soon. It took forever to line up all the stats and all the right colours. Also raised and imprinted onto a cyan thyla as a main mount.

rps20190507_214724.thumb.jpg.98d46b62647697b343fa295f1c20cefd.jpg

Also @d1nk I went and traded for an ascendant chainsaw bp from the recently reopened cluster trading store for us.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ragnarok

Finally ! After a few nights of intensive thyla breeding, I have finally finished. My pet project of breeding easter thylas (plus a natural orange colour) to produce thylas inspired by the 3 Legendary 'Dog' Pokemon from Generation 2 has produced these 3 breeding beauties plus an extra blue bonus colour. Cyan for Suicune, Yellow for Raikou and Orange for Entei. To be fair Entei would be suited to more of a brown colour but I preferred the brighter colour, and it doubles up as an Arcanine style too so no biggies. Also can go with the original Eevveelutions. If I have to ever breed thylas again it will be too soon. It took forever to line up all the stats and all the right colours. Also raised and imprinted onto a cyan thyla as a main mount.

Also @d1nk I went and traded for an ascendant chainsaw bp from the recently reopened cluster trading store for us.

Hah.. just got a premade mc last night from a sky drop

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ragnarok

I've only ever heard of one Pokeman thingy; Peekatyou or whatever the little yellow furball with the helium using voice is called.  All your other names are so bizarre sounding to me.  

But then again, if I named my dinos after all my favorite hard rock/heavy metal bands, you would probably be just as confused. I mean I would guess not too many people have a red Pachy named Oderus Urungus

PS - The Blue one on the right is amazeballs!

Edited by Aushegun
  • Haha 1

I had been building up a collection of critters off of Ragnarok to make a sort of free-range 'zoo' of sorts just for fun. I got at least a pair of every tameable creature on Rag through cheat taming and loaded them onto cryopods. I was able to get a lot of them during the Easter event so I got some cool colors. Then I wracked my brain on where I was going to do this. I would have plenty of guardian creatures that could take care of threats, but I just couldn't find a good spot on Rag.

I went through the viewable maps of the other Ark maps and decided on an island in the NW tropics on The Center. So currently I'm working on releasing all of those buggers on that island, making sure they have protection and setting up a large aquatic habitat for the bigg'uns. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I've only ever heard of Peekatyou or whatever the little yellow furball with the helium using voice is called.  All you other names are so bizarre sounding to me.  

But then again, if I named my dinos after all my favorite hard rock/heavy metal bands, you would probably be just as confused. I mean I would guess not too many people have a red Pachy named Oderus Urungus

Funny you should mention Pikachu, heres my Pikachu Jerboa. Although I didnt call it Pikachu, went with Dorn after Rogal Dorn in a Warhammer 40k Reference, I would imagine a very obscure reference. Gave it a yellow helm and everything. Am scraping the bottom of the barrel for naming schemes atm.

rps20190507_230139.thumb.jpg.bb0e74157e75c0d08710bc640fac41eb.jpg

Nah I definitely dont have a red pachy named Oderus Urungus  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pretty solid night tonight got to level 28, finished the starter base, now resource hoarding. Got over 400 hide, 100+ metal ingots, 400+ gun powder. Felt like a productive night. Got the forge and smithy going full blast, and somehow only managed to die once.

ps, what is the threshold to be able to react to posts and not having a daily post limit?

Edited by MaverickAU
  • Like 3