So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Last night didnt expect to get on but glad I was able :)

Finished imprinting that 185 fire. Its colours are natural orange top, yellow sides, pink/red belly. Slightly Easter but I like it. Imprinted with 12k hp, my new Alpha wyv killer.

During imprints chatted with a new team of 3 on the server. Nice kids. Stopped by and dropped them off a ptera and some extra gear. They just got wiped by an alpha raptor or something so I helped em with some basic stuff, some apprentice chitin, flak and glider suits. Grabbed a 145 trike for them and dropped in their taming pen as they asked so nicely.

Went home, finished imprints then quickly ran Ice Queen, nothing worth mention. Went home after spending awhile flying around and logged off

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, KrakenOverlord said:

this sounds awesome! what's the server name? Also what platform?

PS4

Not sure of the exact name .... Has Valhalla or Asgaard in the title.... I have my PS4 set up to autofavorite the servers I play on, so I don't really pay attention to the name. But it certainly had a THOR/Vikings kind of name.

Ragnarok

Hoped on for a bit and decided to go back on the hunt for another easter coloured thyla since the event is still active on our server. When I raised up my blue thyla last night I named it Suicune and I then realised that I had named my golden brown wild tamed thyla Entei. So obviously I had to go on the hunt and tame up a yellow bodied thyla to complete the legendary beast trio and have a Raikou. So I hunted about the South East Islands and the southern rocky desert in the south looking for a thyla with a main body yellow, wasnt fussed about levels. Killed quiet alot of 140s and a 150 which was a bit gutting but I wasnt after new stats or high levels. Eventually I struck literal gold in the southern area with a 150 pure golden yellow female thyla, so scooped it up with my wyvern and got it into the taming raft back at base and knocked it out. Cooked up a few Extraordinary kibble for the tame. Had to transfer honey from the Center for the kibble which is something I am trying to avoid atm, but it was preferable to a 30 minute tame with cooked lamb chops as I wasnt on for long. It got up and almost all the important stats we have are now obsolete. By my notes of what we have, we now have higher HP (6580 vs 6300), stam (1640 vs 1560 mut(1480 base)) and melee (323 vs 318). 

As well as combining the new stats into what we have, I'll need to mix and match the colours. As much as I love the pure golden colour of the thyla, I do like contrast in colours. I'll breed in my white underbelly and black back stripe and I will have the perfect Raikou Thyla. 

Also d1nk I found your tamed glowtails on glowtail Island on a stam stop. Got one back to base but forgot to go back for the second.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

PS4

Not sure of the exact name .... Has Valhalla or Asgaard in the title.... I have my PS4 set up to autofavorite the servers I play on, so I don't really pay attention to the name. But it certainly had a THOR/Vikings kind of name.

awesome! next time you're on if you don't care check it out for me please? thank you!

20 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ragnarok

Hoped on for a bit and decided to go back on the hunt for another easter coloured thyla since the event is still active on our server. When I raised up my blue thyla last night I named it Suicune and I then realised that I had named my golden brown wild tamed thyla Entei. So obviously I had to go on the hunt and tame up a yellow bodied thyla to complete the legendary beast trio and have a Raikou. So I hunted about the South East Islands and the southern rocky desert in the south looking for a thyla with a main body yellow, wasnt fussed about levels. Killed quiet alot of 140s and a 150 which was a bit gutting but I wasnt after new stats or high levels. Eventually I struck literal gold in the southern area with a 150 pure golden yellow female thyla, so scooped it up with my wyvern and got it into the taming raft back at base and knocked it out. Cooked up a few Extraordinary kibble for the tame. Had to transfer honey from the Center for the kibble which is something I am trying to avoid atm, but it was preferable to a 30 minute tame with cooked lamb chops as I wasnt on for long. It got up and almost all the important stats we have are now obsolete. By my notes of what we have, we now have higher HP (6580 vs 6300), stam (1640 vs 1560 mut(1480 base)) and melee (323 vs 318). 

As well as combining the new stats into what we have, I'll need to mix and match the colours. As much as I love the pure golden colour of the thyla, I do like contrast in colours. I'll breed in my white underbelly and black back stripe and I will have the perfect Raikou Thyla. 

Also d1nk I found your tamed glowtails on glowtail Island on a stam stop. Got one back to base but forgot to go back for the second.

Did you find the cyan body thyla I tamed for you? Just a low level but figured you would want the colour for later

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Did you find the cyan body thyla I tamed for you? Just a low level but figured you would want the colour for later

? no I didnt. I was aware that the taming pen was occupied but I didnt look into it. It was only a quick session today. Cyan would suit the Suicune thyla theme so much better. Thank you for the tame.

:Jerblove:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

? no I didnt. I was aware that the taming pen was occupied but I didnt look into it. It was only a quick session today. Cyan would suit the Suicune thyla theme so much better. Thank you for the tame.

:Jerblove:

No problem! Was only a level 15, full cyan body but ugly yellow stripe and belly

I dont know any of these Pokemans names anymore.. only the original 151 hah

Use the other blue one for Ice Queen runs ;) 

Pretty low key evening tonight.

Popped out my baby yuty to let her continue growing. I'd consider naming her but I really don't bother naming most animals unless they're a main mount, so we'll see. I also retrieved the other female I left in my taming pen last night, already getting a nice flow of eggs.

Bred the new generation of thorny dragons, got one to keep.

Bred the sheep again, in the first spot I had them. The baby did fall through my foundations but that was fine. Only one baby, no stats I wanted but I'll let it grow up and cryo it for sacrifice later. Did cryo one of the adult sheep that I don't need any more, will be bringing it over to Aberration with me.

Collected up some eggs and honestly that's about it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, d1nk said:

No problem! Was only a level 15, full cyan body but ugly yellow stripe and belly

I dont know any of these Pokemans names anymore.. only the original 151 hah

Use the other blue one for Ice Queen runs ;) 

its much appreciated :)

Looks like I need to catch you up on the new 658 pokemon theres been since generation 1. Its getting a bit silly now... but at least I wont run out of tame names anytime soon.

Will do.

• Haha 1

Um well. I cried, I cried a LOT.

I have been collecting metal for weeks now and splitting it half for my base and half for the Wyvren taming pen. Last night I decided it was time so I took my taming pen resources and made 96 metal ceilings and 96 metal door frames, metal behemoth gate, 4 metal pillars and other sundry items. Fly to the base area and it is infested with Wyvrens.....a little odd but ok, great to find females to milk. Suddenly like the sun rising over the ocean this glowing red Wyvren rises above the rocks directly in front of me. "Why is it glowing?" I think to myself. Dont the Alpha creatures glow like that is there an Alpha Wyvren? Well now I know, YES, yes there is and I am also dead along with my favourite Argy. Next best Argy selected to get all the materials, head back collect materials and get back to my base with both of us on minimal health. Armour up in my best and brightest and forget I have my yellow pick and hatchet on me. Jump on my last Ptera and go to kite the Wyvrens away from my build site. The Kiting was a SUCCESS, whoop whoop.......however the Ptera and I never made it back alive. All my good stuff and last Ptera GONE GONE GONE.

But we ok after a little sniffle. Sneak into the underground Wyvren cave and collect 2 Poison and 2 Lightning Wyvren eggs. Get back to base with a lot of Griffin dodging and diving  but we home, alive and all the eggs bar 1 have spoilt. So for all that I have 1 level 5 poison egg.......a few tears are shed. BUT WAIT that is not the end of this happy story OH NO there's more.

Head back to the build site and start placing ceilings. Why is it RED and not placing, have I somehow removed the S+ "no Foundations"? Check the INI and no its fine. Check the ceilings and I made them all normal and not S+ so no "No Foundation" no picking up if the build isn't perfect no electrics in the walls. While staring at my screen in utter disbelief I die to a lvl 33 Poison Wyvren. Go get my stuff and Griffin, dodge Wyvren and back to base, log off and head to bed. SO today we are looking for metal and a new Ptera.

• Sad 2

We were out last night, I was the D.D. so was drinking coffee all night.. got home at midnight and was up late x.x

Saw the yellow Thyla and fell in love. I scanned through all my stats and it eliminates all our stats except Weight and maybe one Oxy stat from our other 150T. I think we need to tame more 150s just for stats :P Bred up a few with a 135T I got with 1552 weight from earlier, almost 150 higher than our others. Trying to A) Combine weight into new Thyla line without making a jumbled colour mess and B) Get a yellow male (or more females) to make the process smoother. Only got one yellow male, a tad lower (didnt inherit mother' stam or something..) but the yellow is there. My ideal match is our yellow body, head, black back and belly from the high weight male as one. Black'n'Yellow

Did another Ice Queen run, then went back and killed a wandering argy flock of 6 I had roaming around for almost a month, they travelled quite a bit. Figured they wouldve died weeks ago! They killed a fellow servermate's dino he was taming and he was pretty cheesed about it.

Encumbered myself with 12k stone, 10k wood and thatch (thanks whip trick) and premade a buttload of stone pieces for the Waterfall base & an elaborate taming pen I have planned for there. Some sort of large drop pen / ramp / Argy taming pen combination. Publically usuable, of course.

I transferred it all over there along with some extra items & tames, built a few personal storage vaults then went scouting for a spot to put the large taming area. The initial spot I had planned wasnt big enough and too close to our base, so im going to make it in the Waterfall basin underneath. Only marked out a few foundations and realized it was almost 4am! We've been doing yard cleanup all morning and im paying for it haha. 

Happy Trails!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Encumbered myself with 12k stone, 10k wood and thatch (thanks whip trick) and premade a buttload of stone pieces for the Waterfall base & an elaborate taming pen I have planned for there. Some sort of large drop pen / ramp / Argy taming pen combination. Publically usuable, of course.

I transferred it all over there along with some extra items & tames, built a few personal storage vaults then went scouting for a spot to put the large taming area. The initial spot I had planned wasnt big enough and too close to our base, so im going to make it in the Waterfall basin underneath. Only marked out a few foundations and realized it was almost 4am! We've been doing yard cleanup all morning and im paying for it haha. 

Happy Trails!

Funny you should post this just now. Just logged off. Hadnt realised you had mass crafted stone structures and that explains the foundations at the base of the waterfall, hope I havent nicked your structures.

Looks like the hunt for the perfect otter is over, the easter event had to be switched off on the Rag server because of memory issues and I not a fan of otter hunting on the other maps. At least I have near perfect otter. Thought about raising my wyverns but decided I would do this when I get the waterfall base up and running. So I spent the night building the beginning of the breeding barn inside the cave and also a better house structure so we are not camping in the middle of the cave. Think the breeding barn needs a bit of work but the base structure is down.

Chatted to a few of the newer players. Also d1nk I said I would ask if we had any fert quetz eggs up for sale, someone was asking and I said I would ask as I was unsure about our quetz situation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Funny you should post this just now. Just logged off. Hadnt realised you had mass crafted stone structures and that explains the foundations at the base of the waterfall, hope I havent nicked your structures.

Looks like the hunt for the perfect otter is over, the easter event had to be switched off on the Rag server because of memory issues and I not a fan of otter hunting on the other maps. At least I have near perfect otter. Thought about raising my wyverns but decided I would do this when I get the waterfall base up and running. So I spent the night building the beginning of the breeding barn inside the cave and also a better house structure so we are not camping in the middle of the cave. Think the breeding barn needs a bit of work but the base structure is down.

Chatted to a few of the newer players. Also d1nk I said I would ask if we had any fert quetz eggs up for sale, someone was asking and I said I would ask as I was unsure about our quetz situation.

I do have a good line of Quetz, ill have to dig around for the breeders. They were on the old Rag so they could be anywhere now! 3k stam 3k weight 10k hp i believe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Found me new Ptera, caught and tamed her at 196. So not too bad. Her stam a little low but hey at least I have one. Tamed a male while looking for mats for her saddle. LUCKILY I had them mate immediately and tucked the egg away. I was FUMING at myself as I took my last fertilized egg, from previous Ptera couple and moved it to my hot bar so I could do some mass moves and then when I wanted to drop it I used the hot bar key. Yummy I ate my last egg. Aarrgghhh. At least I have the egg from the new ones......not as good though. I went to find some Wyvren eggs and found a lovely level 120 Lightning which promptly spoilt as soon as I picked it up :( Back home and hatched my Ptera egg. Twins whoop whoop. Male and female. Want to show Mommy but cannot find her anywhere. Check tribe log and she has been killed by a Purlovia......how I have NO idea as she was in my base with my other dinos and not on follow or wander.

But now I have 2 Ptera's with ok Stats:

• 1965.7 Health
  • 502.5 Stam
  • 735 Oxy
  • 5382 Food
  • 177.6 Carry
  • 410.5 Melee

So a busy yet up and down day

• Like 2

Was only on for a few sporatic 30 minute blocks, fixed up my taming pen project. A large ramp on one side, behemoth gate on a side and a small hallway to shoot from. On the other side an enclosed argy pen. 

Went for a fly on my wyvern trying to find a high level Mantis to tame. As I was flying about I saw the new guys on lightning wyverns - that was fast! They were fighting an alpha wyv and looks like they were losing. I hopped in on my fire and took the wyv a bit away to tank it while they lightning'd it.

Found a 140 yellow pink mantis brought it to my new pen but ARK wasnt having it. Tried 4 times to tame it. Each time it got fed once then glitched out. I tried all the tricks. Leaving render multiple times (would glitch out of pen) even tranqed it out and let it wake up. 

Went did a paste run and nabbed a 140 bear there, tamed it up and let the mantis loose. If its here next time ill try again..

• Like 2

Ragnarok

I was hoping to finish of the cave base before raising my new wyverns but I broke and raised them tonight at our island base. Went to the highlands to grab some wyvern milk using the public trap, while showing some of the newer members the finer points of trapping wyverns to gather milk. Survived a scare where I unexpectedly disconnected while being aggroed on by a poison wyvern. Thankfully myself and my wyvern survived long enough for me to fight probably both the game and my internet connection to make it back on in time. Gathered 2 wyverns worth of milk.

Got back to base and uncryoed a baby fire and lightning wyvern. Unfortunately another disconnect cost me the 100% imprint on the fire, only got 88%, missed it by 40 seconds.... but thankfully I got 100% on the lightning. Not sure what was going on tonight, normally I dont have problems with disconnecting, although I am convinced its my connection rather than the server. Mythed about the fire but no point crying over spilt milk.

Did more thyla breeding. Got the good stats from the golden wild tame into a female thyla with some good stats and my desired black stripe, yellow body and white belly. Thought I did have all the best stats but just realised that its not the best weight stat but I am not to fussed about 100 point difference . Going to spend long enough breeding as is. Also got the first stage of the cyan thyla started, a male black, cyan and white but with rubbish stats. I shall breed this one with the new yellow female to get the stats, hopefully in one go. My main goal here is to get 4 thylas with good stats and each a different colour (cyan, blue, yellow and organge/brown) and varying genders to act as  breeders. Normally when breeding I prefer identicaly male female pairs for each of my breeding projects but thats a bit silly with wanting so many different coloured thylas this time round. 

• Like 2

Well what can I say......I FINALLY GOT  A WYVREN EGG of decent level that didn't spoil.  It is a lovely level 226 Lightning Wyvren. Now to finish the milking pen.

So I worked a little on my Wyvren milking pen and found more than a few "improvements" that were needed. However it will work as advertised as it is. The one issue I have is that I made it a little too close to the Wyvren spawns so I need to enclose my chase bird and the shooting platform. So more metal is needed, oh and the Alpha Wyvren was still there the last I looked so yay for that.

The time is now to focus on closing out all the little irritating jobs that I need to do and then focus on the Rex Taming Pen and getting some breeding going.

• Like 2

Busy weekend on Ark.

My original plans ended up falling by the wayside as I made kibble, loaded up my gear and headed out to Extinction to farm for velos. I have definitely been spoiled by Ragnarok and forgot how tedious it is to grind on other maps. It took most of the day to tame just 3 velos when I had brought supplies for 5. Also for anyone who tames by level only, the 150 I tamed actually had the worst stats of the 3, with nothing worth breeding. Honestly the other two have higher but not breed quality stats either, but I can at least get an imprinted baby out of them to start with. The reason is because I've decided to replace barys with them as my go to cave mount, at least on The Island.

The watermelon yuty grew up and I bred a couple more sheep. No thornys worth keeping. With the mating intervals set where they are, breeding anything is excruciatingly tedious. Sigh. I may just have to keep my hatchery fully stocked with refertilizer and use set pairings until I get my base bloodlines.

Then yesterday I loaded up a different set of gear and off to Aberration to hunt spinos.

Side note farming spinos is a great way to get exp, I got 2 levels killing them. Well, them and a ton of sarcos, mantas and karkinos, plus all the fish and the poor otters I kept eating by accident. It took only a couple of hours to pop a 145 female. Getting her down, well that was hard to do out in the open but we managed. Tamed her up, podded her and started to head back. My game crashed just feet away from the safety of the lake. I died upon logging back in, killed by a karkinos before I could even move. Fantastic. I had nothing that could get back to my body. Fortunately I asked in the server Discord and someone was able to quickly log in, retrieve my stuff and drop it off at the public transmitter.

I ended up having to transfer back to Ragnarok to make a saddle for the new spino as I have a bp for an ascendant one. Then went back over to retrieve my original spino. Once we got everything sorted, I tamed a new bulbdog and took the new spino down into the blue zone to farm gems, got a shinehorn while I was there. We also collected a ton of gas balls from a public collector. Then we retreated to Ragnarok. I made a couple of wing suits and a set of hazard gear, but spent the rest of the day on Ragnarok.

I don't know what it is about Aberration. I played enough on the map previously to have multiple rock drakes and whatnot, no idea why all of a sudden I have a major problem every time I load up the map on this server.

Anyway. The rest of the day passed without incident. We ran drops, farmed a little, built a little, nothing substantial after too much excitement.

So the final tally is 3 velos, a spino and a shinehorn. I also gave away my 2 Easter pteras as I have absolutely no use for them. I still have one ugly non-Easter ptera left, but I might just cull him.

Still haven't fixed the spawn issue in my base. At this rate I may just say heck with it and build a wall between the regions, then move my taming pen over to the other side at the top. Annoying, but I'm tired of the constant attacks and getting pinned by raptors at least once a day.

• Like 2

PS4 - Ragnarok - Boosted American Server

So I kept checking this weekend, but the Crazy boosted  German server is still nowhere to be found.  So I'm guessing that is a lost cause now.

Logged into the American boosted server. Spent some time building & adding on to my base.  You can only have 2 bases per tribe on this server, so I was just going to go build at my favorite spot in Upper Hidana near the canyon bridge. When I last checked it, it was open.

So I land, there and try to build, but am getting red.  Evidentialy, I discover a tiny base built into the cliff side, that I had never seen before. Weird spot to build, but ok.

So I just went back and continued on the original base.  Got it painted up, and replaced most of the ceiling tiles with Green house to let in more light.

This base is on a patch of stone island in the WNW corner of the map.  Except for an occasionaly Ptera or Dilo, no dinos venture out this far, because they have to cross water first to get here.

Because everything on this server is autolocked upon creation, I don't need to worry about security, as people cannot get into my stuff unless I unlock it. So I have my Tek replicator outside the actual base building, and next to it I built a small 4 plot greenhouse. I got that up an running .

I also place a Tek Clone Device. I had never used one before, but with the boosted drops on this server, I was able to farm the resources needed pretty easily.

I replaced all my stone doubledoors with Tek double doors, and the dino gate to my building with a Tek gate.  OMG, I love TEK doors, sooooo much nicer and easier.

I spent most of my time over the weekend farming drops, and just making my base look better. I did look for Wyvern Eggs, but no eggs worth hatching.

I put my Griffin in the cloner, and seeing that it would take over 2 hours to clone, set off for more drops and loot runs.

So last night I was getting ready to log off, was just putting away some of the loot I had picked up during my last runs, and topping off the feed troughs, when I noticed a noise coming from the south side of the base.  I get over there, and I don't see anything, but I then noticed all of the bags .... my tek replicator, my green house, plots, lights, flags, taxidermy bases ... all gone from that side of the base?! 

Here is the kicker, one of the things I had done last, was craft up some Tek Turrets, but I didn't know what the ammo was for it, so I was actually in the base while on my phone trying to google the correct ammo. (Element shards)

So after searching around some more, I finally see the culprit.  A beautiful all black male Rex level 600 (max level for this server)  I have no idea how he got out to my base, but he was in the water hidden by a large rock.  He must have chomped everything, then fallen into the water. 

Well I was tired, and pissed that he had done so much damage, so I decided to try out the Tek rifle I was gifted by an admin. Good bye Rex!

I was too tired to rebuild, so I just picked up all the bags contents, and put everyone away in Cryo or inside the base for safety.

I'll be honest, either I'm getting a little burned out again, or this server is just so easy, that I am lacking motivation.

I think tonight I will upload any "keepable" dinos, including the cloned Griffin, as well as high level gear/armor to my single player game.

That way I will be covered if this server disappears too. But it is on day 937, so It seems stable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Ragnarok - Boosted American Server

So I kept checking this weekend, but the Crazy boosted  German server is still nowhere to be found.  So I'm guessing that is a lost cause now.

Logged into the American boosted server. Spent some time building & adding on to my base.  You can only have 2 bases per tribe on this server, so I was just going to go build at my favorite spot in Upper Hidana near the canyon bridge. When I last checked it, it was open.

So I land, there and try to build, but am getting red.  Evidentialy, I discover a tiny base built into the cliff side, that I had never seen before. Weird spot to build, but ok.

So I just went back and continued on the original base.  Got it painted up, and replaced most of the ceiling tiles with Green house to let in more light.

This base is on a patch of stone island in the WNW corner of the map.  Except for an occasionaly Ptera or Dilo, no dinos venture out this far, because they have to cross water first to get here.

Because everything on this server is autolocked upon creation, I don't need to worry about security, as people cannot get into my stuff unless I unlock it. So I have my Tek replicator outside the actual base building, and next to it I built a small 4 plot greenhouse. I got that up an running .

I also place a Tek Clone Device. I had never used one before, but with the boosted drops on this server, I was able to farm the resources needed pretty easily.

I replaced all my stone doubledoors with Tek double doors, and the dino gate to my building with a Tek gate.  OMG, I love TEK doors, sooooo much nicer and easier.

I spent most of my time over the weekend farming drops, and just making my base look better. I did look for Wyvern Eggs, but no eggs worth hatching.

I put my Griffin in the cloner, and seeing that it would take over 2 hours to clone, set off for more drops and loot runs.

So last night I was getting ready to log off, was just putting away some of the loot I had picked up during my last runs, and topping off the feed troughs, when I noticed a noise coming from the south side of the base.  I get over there, and I don't see anything, but I then noticed all of the bags .... my tek replicator, my green house, plots, lights, flags, taxidermy bases ... all gone from that side of the base?! 

Here is the kicker, one of the things I had done last, was craft up some Tek Turrets, but I didn't know what the ammo was for it, so I was actually in the base while on my phone trying to google the correct ammo. (Element shards)

So after searching around some more, I finally see the culprit.  A beautiful all black male Rex level 600 (max level for this server)  I have no idea how he got out to my base, but he was in the water hidden by a large rock.  He must have chomped everything, then fallen into the water. 

Well I was tired, and pissed that he had done so much damage, so I decided to try out the Tek rifle I was gifted by an admin. Good bye Rex!

I was too tired to rebuild, so I just picked up all the bags contents, and put everyone away in Cryo or inside the base for safety.

I'll be honest, either I'm getting a little burned out again, or this server is just so easy, that I am lacking motivation.

I think tonight I will upload any "keepable" dinos, including the cloned Griffin, as well as high level gear/armor to my single player game.

That way I will be covered if this server disappears too. But it is on day 937, so It seems stable.

Its the extreme boost. Tek is engame and it feels weird not working for it. The main reason behind my forced more primitive playthrough.

Did a small bit last night, was busy all day doing yard work but got on later.

Tamed a 150 argy near my pen, works great even on foot. Did a few metal runs to replenish some stocks then found a 95 male theriz, good for our egger. Knocked it out at my taming pen then did an ice cave entrance run. Made a few vaults and bunk beds for the new place then logged

• Like 1