So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

59 minutes ago, CODukes4 said:

I watched/listened to a few nitrado server guides while working.  Starting a new server for me, my gf and a buddy tonight.  Haven't played in a long time.  

Now I just need to figure out which map.  I loved the Island, but I think I need to change it up.

When you left which map was out? Might be worth to do a fresh start on Abb or Extinction (depending how long) Either of those maps are a blast to go fresh on. Abb being my favorite fresh start no-transfer map. Actually using carnos for awhile was fun :P 

Enjoy man. Great experience using Nitrado personally (outside their bad customer support) 

Another calm day. I had an issue at work so I didn't leave at my normal time, cutting my Ark time short.

Upon logging in I pulled out my cryo'd juvenile ovis and popped it out in front of the trough to see if it was still bugged. Thankfully it is not and now eats and grows normally. Then I went down to my breeding area, bred my thorny dragons and popped 3 eggs, keeping two of the babies. One of them bugged and one did not, making it very visible. They hatched at the same time but one is about 1% behind the other one due to the issue. Cryoing it did not resolve it, but it didn't lag out enough to die fortunately.

Moved my forge platform, I didn't like where it was. It's also now connected to my main base building for easier access.

Then I started laying a new foundation for my mews, also more typically called an aviary. Honestly I may end up just keeping all of my active, non-breeding animals in there now that I have a cryofridge and enough pods to secure all of my animals and then some. Crazy right, I don't even have 50 animals. I mean I might, but I don't really count the pile of thorny dragons I haven't gotten around to culling yet.

I'm also slowly narrowing down the issue with things spawning all over my yard. I believe it may have something to do with my base straddling two regions. All of my buildings are built on one region, but all of the animals spawns are on the other. So I think it's possible that region is not being spawn blocked by my base. It should be less of an issue with the new building going up on that side though.

I also need to do double gates at my main entrances, both are on slopes and amassing quite a collection of animals outside them. Seriously annoying, especially as diplos are common in the area.

And I realize I haven't really posted any pictures recently, so here's Norothrax, my poison wyvern. I actually haven't bothered naming most of my other animals. He's earned his though, proving to be an able companion in many adventures. I didn't think I'd like poison wyverns that much but I'd legit be upset if I lost him now.

norothrax.thumb.jpg.37e9f2f76d4d2f0259b5c3cf3d105689.jpg

Yes that is an exceptionally ugly Easter rex in the background. She had 30 points in HP so I tamed her in hopes of getting an early jump on a bloodline. Nope. She stood up with 31 points in HP. Sigh. So now I'm stuck with that abomination until I get my first bred spino. I just use Noro for everything instead...

• Haha 2

Ragnarok 

I finally got on last night and finished up the main building at the new waterfall base. Its come out ok, its probably one of the more complex builds I have attempted recently and I have definitely fallen foul of various snap point issues, but if you dont look too closely itll look fine. The build just needs the final touches and them furnish it out. Then its onto the gatehouse build or even one of the builds inside the cave, most likely the breeding barn 

Went back to our base on the west coast island and attempted some blue thyla breeding. I am trying to get my desired colour combo with our good stats but I didnt get lucky at all last night. 

Had a fly round the south looking for drops and desert loot. I am primarily looking for blue scorched earth drops in an attempt to pick up a quality chainsaw BP but no luck either with that 

• Like 1

PS4 - Extinction - Single Player

Logged into my single player Extinction map last night, and downloaded a bunch of BPs, items, event eggs and dinos that I had uploaded from the Crazy Boosted German server.

I was downloading a few dinos, when I hear a noise and from around a huge rock comes an Alpha Rex. I had not yet leveled up my dinos that I downloaded, so I didn't think they were up for the challenge yet. But I had a dino leash with 1/2 dozen high level dimorphs surrounding the transmitter, and the Alpha rex got stuck in a game of spin-around-the-rosie with the dimorphs, so I ran into the base, and grabbed my group of 4 top level Enforcers, and we went down and killed the Alpha. Only lost 1 dimorph in the process. So I am happy about that.

Got the fresh downloads put away safely, fed everyone, and then switched over to the Crazy Boosted German Server Ragnarok map.

I log in an checked on the new Thylas, and then started breeding them. With all the new colors I have, I am going to breed a bunch for fun combinations.

I then jumped on Morning Breath the event Ice wyvern, and started to make my way over to the Jerboa Island, as I still had a tamed jerboa sitting there. Well. as soon as I take off, the chat box starts going crazy, with an argument over a Giga. Apparently a group of players was building a taming  pen to kite a Giga into, and another guy came up and kited the Giga into a different pen, and so the first group were very upset. Well as soon as I finish reading this chat discussion, I am flying near the Green OB, and I see an event Green and yellow level 280 male Giga. So I get on chat and tell everyone about the giga.  I then waited for 5 minutes watching the Giga.  No one responded, no one came.  I thought it odd that people would take the time to cry and whine on chat about a "stolen" giga, and yet when a person presents another opportunity moments later, no one is interested!

So I leave and continue to the desert. I grab the jerboa, and then fly the thyla desert again, and amazed to see a total of 5 event Thylas, 4 of them are neon green, and the 5th one is a level 260 Cyan body, with neon green stomach male. Almost identical to the male I tamed the day before. I paused for a bit, but then decided not to tame it.

As I was flying around, I came across a base that I had seen a couple weeks earlier, that had been abandoned, and the dinos were all claimable, and the building able to be demolished. Non the of dinos were high level, but they did have a dark brown Fire wyvern, that would blend in very well, if someone was trying to "hide" a wyvern.  I decided to pass on it though. I did grab some bullets and other resources from their smithy, seeing as how they weren't coming back. Then I threw food in the troughs, to keep the dinos alive, in case someone else came by and wanted them.

I then hit the desert drops, got some ASC Plesio and Squid saddles, a MC Sniper rifle BP, and a few other keepers, and then flew back home. At the green ob, the Giga was still there, so I decided what the heck, this is a tame boosted server, I might as well give it a shot, for no other reason than I didn't want the dang thing attacking my base.

I lay down a trap of dino gates, and then agro the giga into it. 

So I was too close and he got in one bite on me. Thank goodness for my ASC Riot & flak armor, as I survived.

I then start tranqing the Giga. It was at this point I notice that my dino gates are taking damage from the Giga. Oh yeah, I think, I need Metal gates for gigas. Oops!

I continue tranqing it, hoping to put it down before it breaks thru, but nope! Even though the taming process is boosted on this server, the KO'ing part is not. So after something like 50 darts, the giga is free, and I don't have any metal gates with me.

I jump back on my wyvern and kite the Giga farther away from my base.  Then I return to base and make up a batch of metal gates.

But by now I am tired. It was a really long day of work, and even though it was only 10pm, I was ready for bed.

Who knows, maybe tonight I will go back and try to tame that Giga.

Another late night at work pushing back my Ark time.

My thornys and sheep grew up fine. Sadly I forgot to turn mating off so wasted my timers on a couple, ugh.

Got the last yuty egg I needed to repay my ally for two snow owls, dropped those off then gave him a ride to the obelisk so he could transfer to his Extinction outpost.

Did an ice cave drop run, nothing exciting.

Bred my sheep in hopes of getting my super sheep line started. Got twins..that fell between the map and the ocean underneath. I couldn't do anything but watch them starve to death.

Logged off for the night.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Cymas said:

Bred my sheep in hopes of getting my super sheep line started. Got twins..that fell between the map and the ocean underneath. I couldn't do anything but watch them starve to death.

Similar issue unfortunately. 

Got back from my morning Ride a little later than intended but since it was a holiday yesterday I was free and clear. Found a 126 Male Ovis and tamed him up. Took him home and introduced him to his new wife. Bred my sheep and the baby dropped through the floor. Got close enough to Claim and dump food in it but then it moved out of range and starved before I could get more food into it. DARN IT. I am not having much luck keeping the babies alive.

Worked on the Mews / Aviary and my home base. Starting to look much better now. Built a bedroom with a lovely bunk but doesn't really fit in so might change it out for the "double bed".  Collected a few Red Crates, got killed by Vultures at the last one so had to take the Griffin to go get my Ptera and body back. Collected another 200metal and cooked it off. Went to the Beaver damns and got some more paste and wood.

Logged off for a nap and never made it back on unfortunately.

Sooooooooooooooo I told myself yesterday while driving to work, that I should transfer my "keeper" dinos and BPs from the Crazy Boosted German Server over to my SP game, in case the server actually switches to PvP this weekend and that way I wouldn't lose that stuff.

Get home, log into ARK .... the server is no where to be found.  Kept checking back, including this morning, and the server is gone. welp :Jerbcry:

• Sad 2

Got on for a few hours last night, started off in my base just running around doing nothing really. Decided id better do SOMETHING so I spawned over at my trench FOB and ran eggs with my 10k hp argy. First time actually using this fob, works great for the other side of the trench. The only problem with the argy for eggs is its slooow.. a lightning wyv took like 6k hp on my short fly back. 

After luring the main wyverns out I got in the trench and nabbed a 150 fire egg, oh boy.. 6 wyverns chased me. Made it back to my FOB and there was still 4 alive, kited them in a circle above and my argy died on the last lightning. 

Grabbed my body and my trusty Pelagornis from our boat trap and went back in. Did about 2 hours of egg runs with it. It works suprisingly well! Nabbed myself a 185 fire egg and a few lesser 150~ eggs then a bunch of low eggs. Loaded up the good eggs into a drop and teleported home.

When I got back I hatched the eggs and some thyla. Got some better blue females with the hp and melee, and my 185 fire egg hatched event colour :) Yellow sides, some sort of yellowish top and red bottom.

Theres a 20 poison egg ive got that I know belongs to an all black with yellow wings, ill taxiderty that. So nice. Logged shortly after cryoing the wyverns

• Like 2

Ragnarok 

Hoped on for a bit to breed some thylas continuing on from d1nks work. Tried to get all the stats into one thyla with my preferred colour but no luck there, but I did get us a stam mutation so when can work on breeding that into our final thylas. I kept one of the rejects which had all the stats but the oxygen and raised and fully imprinted on that. Crafted up a nice ascendant saddle for it. I am dying to find a quality chainsaw for hide farming, making do with a primitive for the time being.

Had another go at finding my dream event otter but I only found a blue boddied otter which is a colour I already have but I tamed it up anyway.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I used to have this problem with Sheep, so I built a second floor, the put the breeding sheep on the 2nd floor. then if the babies fell thru the floor, they landed on the 1st floor. Seemed to eliminate the issue for me.

Did that last night and put a door in :) Took a while but should work a treat. I used Aaron Longstaff's Ovis farm build and raised it up a level. So rather than being on the ground it is between one and 2 foundations high (ground isnt flat) and then built the shed on that with ceilings, under the shed I opened up to be able to catch the babies.

Got my own Extinction server up and running (not connected to the cluster) to see how it plays and runs. Well I crashed a LOT and made some tweaks and in an AMAZINGLY well thought out GENIUS move I restarted the server without saveworld'ing and lost an hours play time. At the beginning with a low lever character that HURTS. I cried a little. Lost my Hide armor, preserving bin, Forge, metal implements and Smithy. So went to bed.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I used to have this problem with Sheep, so I built a second floor, the put the breeding sheep on the 2nd floor. then if the babies fell thru the floor, they landed on the 1st floor. Seemed to eliminate the issue for me.

Funnily enough the first two I bred were on a floor, I moved the female because I didn't want the babies to fall through the foundations. They fell through the map instead...at least I can pick up foundations.

Pretty uneventful night last night. I ran ice cave and desert drops, then returned home.

Can't breed the sheep again, of course she ended up with an almost 2 day timer. This is the only thing I really dislike about this server, there is no reason whatsoever for official settings on the mating intervals when everything else is boosted.

Did breed the thorny dragons, 3 to keep including twins. Still working on my zero stats, it's a slow process. I also culled them, killing off probably 7-8, either non-stats or older generation breeders. I did keep my two Easter thornys, I won't be using them but I'll try to trade/sell them off. I'll probably end up culling them if no one is interested.

Also bred my yuty pair, they aren't high level or anything I just want another 2-3 females for eggs. Popped a female...mutation. Thanks Ark. Well it's a nice color so I guess I can't complain too much. I also happened to find another low level female while I was doing a meat run and tamed her too. I actually just realized I never checked to see if she actually tamed up in the pen...I mean I know she did, I just forgot. Oops. Well it's fine, she'll be safe enough in the pen.

The baby yuty was taking a lot longer to hit juvenile than I expected, I ended up cryoing her so I could go to bed. So nice to not worry about losing sleep for the sake of pixel pets anymore. And since I talked about it, here she is, looking an awful lot like a watermelon slice:

babyyuty.thumb.jpg.7f7b69cb2084a49601e3bff52452b43f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/2/2019 at 2:50 AM, Cymas said:

Another late night at work pushing back my Ark time.

My thornys and sheep grew up fine. Sadly I forgot to turn mating off so wasted my timers on a couple, ugh.

Got the last yuty egg I needed to repay my ally for two snow owls, dropped those off then gave him a ride to the obelisk so he could transfer to his Extinction outpost.

Did an ice cave drop run, nothing exciting.

Logged off for the night.

I hadn't logged in for a couple days, so I did the usual upkeep of troughs and torches and generators.  Then I took out my new Quetzal to XP it for a dozen or so levels by having it plow through pretty much anything that moved in the Redwoods (Center map, etc).  My main place is on the bottom right-ish side of the redwoods, so it's easy to do a loop all the way to the landbridge and back.  I took a swing through the little crevice cave area in the redwoods to kill some centipedes and scorpions for chitin to help some Pteranadon saddle upgrades, then looked for a Sabretooth to tame for a Mastercraft saddle I had from a loot drop from the East Volcano cave.  Found only a lvl 5 one, so I killed it and tamed a Sarco for no reason other than I'd never actually tamed a Sarco before in any of my Ark games, heh.  And hey!  It was a female, so eggs and all that too, I suppose.  Because uh, Stegos?  Anyhow, I tamed a high-level female Carno as well for no real reason, then built a small area to hold them in.

I didn't really accomplish much of forward progress, but it was a nice few hours of low key entertainment, to be sure. DigitalOcean SiteGround iPage

Edited by mopa1000
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 10:56 AM, Techsupport said:

got my industrial forge, and OMG, they're SO much better then just a regular refining forge like i have been using. threw in about 5000-6000 raw metal, and some oil and hide, so the forge is already half way to paying off its cost in metal

Yeah we really, really need a mid-level forge upgrade (and stove, and cookpot). I put in the Miniforge mod and it's an excellent step (really perfect for solo player, no need for an indy), but it's not updated for scrap metal yet so I still have to keep a basic forge for that.

Edited by Milsurp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cymas said:

The baby yuty was taking a lot longer to hit juvenile than I expected, I ended up cryoing her so I could go to bed. So nice to not worry about losing sleep for the sake of pixel pets anymore. And since I talked about it, here she is, looking an awful lot like a watermelon slice:

babyyuty.thumb.jpg.7f7b69cb2084a49601e3bff52452b43f.jpg

I think you just found the name for this Yuty!

23 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Sooooooooooooooo I told myself yesterday while driving to work, that I should transfer my "keeper" dinos and BPs from the Crazy Boosted German Server over to my SP game, in case the server actually switches to PvP this weekend and that way I wouldn't lose that stuff.

Get home, log into ARK .... the server is no where to be found.  Kept checking back, including this morning, and the server is gone. welp :Jerbcry:

3 days now, and the server still is vanished. Really mad at myself for not moving more of the good stuff to my single player game. Sad to lose all of those cool event dinos, including the new Thylas. Oh Well, it was a super boosted server, so not like I had to grind super hard for them.

So last night I logged into a new server ... description said boosted, so I figured sure, let's try it again.

Well this is an English speaking server, so I know exactly what the entrance message says this time.

This server is crazy, all of the beacons and drops have been re-worked, with Purple beacons giving KIBBLE!

The Ice cave drops give Tek items and Element!  So I don't have to mess with that stupid Desert Maze to get the artifacts to boss fight for element! 

I will say that the extreme boosting, actually makes it too easy, but I have never spent really any time with the Tek stuff (other than spawning in teleporters in my single player game)

SO I look forward to going fully TEK, and building trying all of the TEK structures.

This is a pretty regulated server, with plenty of rules, but they are sensible, and the main rule is "DRAMA FREE SERVER", so basically it is just friendly adults on it. They do wipe any base they find who is inactive for more than 14 days (unless specific advance notice is given to admins; i.e. vacations, etc.) Plus each week they have a specific color, that your base must display on a flag on top of the base. (helps identify abandoned bases) They also have restrictions on the # of dinos that you can have out when online & offline.  But because of the element and unlocked TEK grams, I was able to built cryopods and cryofridge the first day, so not an issue for me.

They also banned Behemoth gates, and excessive dino gating.  They said the reason is to reduce lagging.  Well let me tell you, it works, I have never flown around a map faster and less laggy than on this map. It is a lot of fun to move so nicely around! (I was on my Griffin)

While I was building my first base, one of the admins stopped by, and after making sure I knew the rules, and thanking me for being respectful (he says they get a lot of kids who come on and act like jerks) he gifted me a event colored level 900 Griffin!  LOL the thing is so OP, and beautiful.

While farming some materials for my base I was in a small pocket of woods, and I came across a couple abandoned Gachas that were claimable. So I grabbed them too.  

So by the end of the first night, I have a small base with room to expand, I have a Tek Stego for berries, a Ptera, a Griffin, a Dung Beetle, a Trike, and a pair of Gachas. I cryopoded the Gachas when offline, along with the Ptera, now that I have the Griffin.

I have an Indy Forge, Chem bench, Grill, Replicator and teleporter (oh yeah, Everyone's teleporters must be unlocked for public use.) (But all structures beside this are automatically locked, to my chem bench, forge, smithy, etc are autolocked upon creation. So no one steals from each other.) (and any dino trap must be either destroyed or made public)

It really is too easy..... but what the hell, I'll just play and enjoy. I'm sure I'll eventually want to move on to a more challenging server. But for now, I enjoy the relaxed atmoshere this one has. Plus the admin and the other people I met were cool and friendly.

Plus they have Extinction and Abberation dinos on this Rag map. So the desert is Basilisk territory! and the manamagarmremramr inhabit the murder snow!

• Like 3

So last night was a simple case of put some dinos out to mature a bit more, run around the base and occasionally do a meat run. Talked in Global chat, started raising my Daedon baby and then panicked when stack after stack was devoured every few seconds. Finally at 0.8% it started to hold some in its inv, but it took me by surprise and was similar to a Giga. Ill raise this for Island bosses but I wont be raising many more.

A few hrs passed and then logged off. Simple evening really.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Anarki said:

So last night was a simple case of put some dinos out to mature a bit more, run around the base and occasionally do a meat run. Talked in Global chat, started raising my Daedon baby and then panicked when stack after stack was devoured every few seconds. Finally at 0.8% it started to hold some in its inv, but it took me by surprise and was similar to a Giga. Ill raise this for Island bosses but I wont be raising many more.

A few hrs passed and then logged off. Simple evening really.

I remember raising my first Daedon baby, same thing happened to me, I was panicking, as I had nowhere enough meat. (Sadly my first baby did not survive .... but the future ones did after I learned my lesson)

4 hours ago, Aushegun said:

3 days now, and the server still is vanished. Really mad at myself for not moving more of the good stuff to my single player game. Sad to lose all of those cool event dinos, including the new Thylas. Oh Well, it was a super boosted server, so not like I had to grind super hard for them.

So last night I logged into a new server ... description said boosted, so I figured sure, let's try it again.

Well this is an English speaking server, so I know exactly what the entrance message says this time.

This server is crazy, all of the beacons and drops have been re-worked, with Purple beacons giving KIBBLE!

The Ice cave drops give Tek items and Element!  So I don't have to mess with that stupid Desert Maze to get the artifacts to boss fight for element! 

I will say that the extreme boosting, actually makes it too easy, but I have never spent really any time with the Tek stuff (other than spawning in teleporters in my single player game)

SO I look forward to going fully TEK, and building trying all of the TEK structures.

This is a pretty regulated server, with plenty of rules, but they are sensible, and the main rule is "DRAMA FREE SERVER", so basically it is just friendly adults on it. They do wipe any base they find who is inactive for more than 14 days (unless specific advance notice is given to admins; i.e. vacations, etc.) Plus each week they have a specific color, that your base must display on a flag on top of the base. (helps identify abandoned bases) They also have restrictions on the # of dinos that you can have out when online & offline.  But because of the element and unlocked TEK grams, I was able to built cryopods and cryofridge the first day, so not an issue for me.

They also banned Behemoth gates, and excessive dino gating.  They said the reason is to reduce lagging.  Well let me tell you, it works, I have never flown around a map faster and less laggy than on this map. It is a lot of fun to move so nicely around! (I was on my Griffin)

While I was building my first base, one of the admins stopped by, and after making sure I knew the rules, and thanking me for being respectful (he says they get a lot of kids who come on and act like jerks) he gifted me a event colored level 900 Griffin!  LOL the thing is so OP, and beautiful.

While farming some materials for my base I was in a small pocket of woods, and I came across a couple abandoned Gachas that were claimable. So I grabbed them too.  

So by the end of the first night, I have a small base with room to expand, I have a Tek Stego for berries, a Ptera, a Griffin, a Dung Beetle, a Trike, and a pair of Gachas. I cryopoded the Gachas when offline, along with the Ptera, now that I have the Griffin.

I have an Indy Forge, Chem bench, Grill, Replicator and teleporter (oh yeah, Everyone's teleporters must be unlocked for public use.) (But all structures beside this are automatically locked, to my chem bench, forge, smithy, etc are autolocked upon creation. So no one steals from each other.) (and any dino trap must be either destroyed or made public)

It really is too easy..... but what the hell, I'll just play and enjoy. I'm sure I'll eventually want to move on to a more challenging server. But for now, I enjoy the relaxed atmoshere this one has. Plus the admin and the other people I met were cool and friendly.

Plus they have Extinction and Abberation dinos on this Rag map. So the desert is Basilisk territory! and the manamagarmremramr inhabit the murder snow!

this sounds awesome! what's the server name? Also what platform?