So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I was away this weekend doing a triathlon so only got a few hours of play in. BUT managed to place my dino pen, put a roof on my Ovi farm (I copied Aaron Longstaff's with a  few changes) and got stuck into my veggies. Oh and I tamed a Queen bee and raised a Ptera.

So while doing all of the above I also went and collected 4 red dessert drops and tamed up a female Ovis. So she was in the pen being happy and chilling while I was fixing the scissors to get some wool. I looked out my window to gaze down in happiness at my farm and noticed she was jumping around and running up and down at a ferocious speed. hhmm odd. What was even stranger is that she is white and not black like the bullet flying around the pen........THATS NO OVIS ITS A SABER. Jump on the bird and kill the saber before the ovis became saber food.....shew was a close thing. How a Saber got over 2 high fences I am not sure but now we going 3 high.

Edited by Monde
  • Like 1

Tbh when it comes to event colors I would just tame them regardless of level and breed to high stat parents, often you'll get lucky and the baby will be a color clone of one parent so it's very easy to reproduce a nice event color on a useful stat base. It's mixing colors that's an absolute pain, as I learned with my Indominous Allo project.

Had a very busy weekend with a lot of ups and downs. A general summary:

I've collected up all of the stats for my thorny dragon line. Not exactly the stats you might expect either. My base bloodline level will be just 84, split between melee (43) and weight (41). Everything else is literally 0. I'm basically just testing "super advanced" breeding techniques that will maximize mutation potential by removing unused stats on the line. I am a little wary of going 0 on HP, but I figure these thornys are just harvesters, I already have a mastercraft saddle to use with them, and they'll have insane melee to kill things quickly so as long as we're not swarmed it should be fine.

I started breeding the 0s first because yesterday I tamed a new thorny on a whim and it got 1 point in melee higher than my current best, negating the breeding I already did. So I think I'll breed the 0 side of the line first in case I run across a wild 30+ weight to push my line just a little bit higher. I'm not actively looking for them anymore though, I just sometimes find them when I'm doing desert drops.

Did a little more building, did 2/3 of the roof on my base and set up the breeding area. Still having major issues with animals either spawning in my base area or glitching through my gates. Lost an anky and my bear after my recently tamed theri got separated from them. That's my fault for getting lazy about putting animals back when I'm done with them. I have another anky and I don't really need the bear anymore, but still.

This server is actually a cluster running The Island, Ragnarok, Aberration and Extinction. I started on The Island and transferred to Ragnarok. Well, I gathered up a bunch of gear and materials and transferred to Aberration. There's a public transmitter set up so getting back out isn't too bad.

Unfortunately I died within my first minute of being on Aberration. I don't know why this is but a lot of the player spawns are camped by basilisks, which is what happened to me. Luckily I had my non-aberrant spino cryoed, I managed to pull him out first so he killed the basilisk while I respawned and recovered everything. Not so lucky a little later on while scouting for a base area. The spot I wanted was taken, I took a wrong turn after not being on this map for like a year and died. Lost everything. Someone was kind enough to use a rock drake to get me back to my spino, but it meant starting from absolute scratch. I also lost my only cryopod, which absolutely sucks.

Didn't do too badly aside from that. Got some low level farming animals and set up a small camp and most importantly a bed so I don't have to deal with spawn points anymore. I won't be playing over there much this week, in fact probably not until the weekend. Now that I have a bed it will be much, much easier to transfer everything else in. I'm not building a super fancy base, this is just an outpost to raise rock drakes and collect animals for my two main breeding lines, aberrant spinos and baryonyx. Plus featherlights because they are awesome. Debating if I want to do aberrant anky and doed lines to run alongside the thornys since aberrant animals have higher melee and lower hp, would make them that much better for farming. Might just settle for a breeding pair of each to get imprinted babies. Or see about trading my thorny line for existing anky and doed lines if anyone has some. The anky at least I would imagine has active lines somewhere on the cluster cause you'll never not need metal. Maybe I'll do that actually. Just get a pair of doeds to breed and run a new aberrant anky line. I guess that means I'll need to tame a crab so I can carry wild ankys to a taming pen.

Anyway. That's about it really, most of what I'm doing is really time consuming so it ends up not feeling like much forward progress. And frankly the thornys aren't at all necessary, it's just a pet project to work on while I do other things. They're very easy to raise, not requiring much meat. It can get a little dicey if the server lags while they're very young because their base HP is quite low, which is the only downside to this particular line.

• Like 1

Started a new Map, Aberration.

Stunning environment had me setting up my new base right by the water, tucked in against old metal structures towering above the lake. I found it surprisingly easy to farm and make narcotics so my first tame was a level 250 Stego which happened to wander into my base, lucky me! Though the death toll against Ravagers is high, those sneaky creatures are never around when you want them but when you don't, they're like ninjas. 

There is so much I still have to see, but I have been focusing on getting a higher level and with the help of other players, my task today is to get some weaponry crafted and go get me a Bulldog.

• Haha 1

Well my plans somewhat changed this weekend. I did tame 8 low level Pteras for the colours and will breed out this week so that they are of a different level so that was fine.

My plans for an event Wyvern was ruined as people were using snow owls to freeze me as I was trying to get eggs - forcing me to drop the eggs I was getting. So not happy - dont think admins reside on our server so no way of calling it out. I gave up after an hr as I dont play those sort of games. Ill return for a 190 Ice and Lightning another time.

So I decided to try for an easter Reaper instead... hadnt tried before and wow, how much fun was that! 

After we finally trapped a 150 into a pen, we all took turns (5 of us) using pheromones and being grabbed by said angry Reaper. And yes, I got impregnated even after I crashed midway through the process. I stayed down there wiping out every Reaper I could see so I could get the 75 levels needed. Now I just need to wait out 10hrs in game for the baby to hatch - fingers crossed it has nice colours and stats :)

Other than that, I did quite a few metal runs, hatched some 375 Theri eggs, and grabbed a baby Daedon and hatched another Yuty to get ready for our Island assault.

Pretty good weekend

• Like 2

On 4/27/2019 at 9:38 AM, d1nk said:

Went for a quick trip to SE island to search for a Thyla and my second thyla. Was a 145 :) Knocked it out, brought it back to base and let it tame out. Stood up with higher melee than my currents 313%. We now have 6.3k hp 313m thyla (once combined) Need more melee.

Am I reading this right, you KO'd a Thyla, but then were able to transfer it to you base to tame?   How is that possible.  Is this some of the Xbox Vodoo?

1 hour ago, Anarki said:

My plans for an event Wyvern was ruined as people were using snow owls to freeze me as I was trying to get eggs - forcing me to drop the eggs I was getting. So not happy - dont think admins reside on our server so no way of calling it out. I gave up after an hr as I dont play those sort of games. Ill return for a 190 Ice and Lightning another time.

I just don't understand the mentality of some people. Why trolling and griefing is fun for them? Just not in my nature.

• Sad 1

PS4 (the superior console) - Ragnarok - Crazy Boosted German Server

So you might remember my past late last week about farming Wyvern eggs from the trench, and getting greedy and then losing my Ptera that had the eggs in it.

You would think a person would LEARN from that mistake right?

Not me! On Friday night, I took my newly mature Fire Wyvern out for a scouting flight around the map, starting out by discovering that a Wyvern can fly into the Ice Cave, and grabb the 4 loot drops there, then continued to hit the desert loot drops. ( I put a dino gateframe near each drop, so they are much easier to find now)

Well, after hitting the drops; I decided I would take a look at the Scar again. I fly down, and kite a whole bunch of wyverns out, and over a vacated base that has turrets and gigas. The gigas made quick work of the Wyverns, so I did this twice more. Then I flew back into the scar, and started picking up eggs. I had 6 or 7 eggs, including a level 360 which I was sure from a Bright Blue and Yellow Fire Wyvern I had kited. Plus a couple more event high level Poison eggs, and a 310 Lightning that was pink and Red white.

So I am at the end of the scar nearest to the burnt area, and I see one more Fire Egg right next to the lava. I swoop down, jump of my Wyvern (which was named in honor of the Ptera I had lost in the scar days earlier) when BOOM, I get poison wyvern gassed, and my Wyvern (which I had left on Neutral) takes off to fight the wyvern.

OR should I say wyvernS. Apparently a half dozen of these must have respawned and all were focused on my Wyvern... who besides not seeming to be able to bite them for damage, was also flying in and out of the lava, for 2000 damage each time. Meanwhile, I am on the Scar floor dodging and weaving and trying to call my wyvern back to me, while evading the poison wyvern momma.

I think you all see where this is headed. Evidentually I died, and I respawn, jump on my 360 Poison Tank wyvern "Mr. Yuck", and we haul booty back to the Scar.

We get there, and my Fire dragon is still alive. But he is still running in and out of the lava. I try killing off the other wyverns, but it is too late. RED DEATH MESSAGE ?

So I kite the remaining Wyverns away, and then return for my body bag.  Which I found, and amazingly my shoulder Jerboa Lil Snoot is still alive cowering in a corner/ (passive flee)

So we then search and search for the Fire Wyvern's bag, but no luck. Why did I yet again move eggs into the wyvern?  I guess I fear that they will spoil on my person, and last better in the wyvern's inventory. Except when I get my dino killed that is.

So after setting up a small bed and back up flyer, I went on another wyvern egg run. I would grab one or two, keep it on MY person, then fly away to store it on my back up flyer. We did this until we had 9 eggs. But sadly only 1 high level, and it wasn't event colored.

Then as we flew home, I got lucky and found three Ice Wyvern eggs. including a level 200 which is the highest Ice I've seen on this server. Also got an egg from the crazy yellow and green Ice I had seen early in the week. But it is only level 50.

Unloaded back at base, and then went out for a Thyla/Jerboa search. As I was making my way to that area, I cross passed the Wyvern bay with the wyvern cave, and I noticed a Alpha Wyvern not far from my metal Air Defense station. So I stopped the outpost, turn on the generator and got turrets ready.

I then went and kited the Alpha to the turrets. It took a crap ton of bullets, but finally the big bad witch was dead. I had forgotten about the extra milk in Alphas, so I collected it all, and then ran back to base to hatch up some wyvern eggs.  Due to the crazy settings of this server, if a wyvern hatches with a high enough HP and Food level, it can survive to adulthood on only 2 Wyvern Milks. (But because of the imprinting timers on this server, you cannot get any imprints :( )

So I ended up hatching the first egg, and it was a 170 Lightning. Out pop triplets in normal color. I continued to hatch 6 more eggs, and ended up with 3 event colored dinos, and strangely enough they were all Ice Wyverns. One in the Yellow and Green, another all white with a black head, and the last looks just like a Lightning purple.

Got them all fed and added in some preserving salts.  I know have 11 Wyverns, but since you can't imprint, the lower level ones are just for show, and use them as scouting flyers.

• Like 2

I learned something this weekend too. That people can steal the bullets out of your turrets unless pin coded.  I never play PvP, and I rarely play on public servers even PvE.  But overnight someone helped themselves to about 3 thousand turret bullets I had in my turrets.  Here is the thing, this is a crazy boosted server, so I don't care about the resources lost, as I can make 5000 more in less than 6 hours on this server. But the fact that someone felt it necessary to steal mine on a PvE server, when it is so boosted, just made me shake my head.  I can understand if my base was abandoned; then sure, have at it. But I have been active on this server everyday for about 3 weeks now. Oh well, lesson learned, now ANYTHING on my base that can be pin coded IS.

I also spent a lot of time this weekend, demolishing abandoned traps and bases to hopefully reduce lag.  I appear to be the only person on the server, who sets their traps to UNLOCKED, so everyone can use them. There is no need for 12 Griffin traps in the same area. 

I also made an UNLOCKED  wyvern milking trap near the scar, but when I went back last night, a group of 3-4 people were building a brand new base right next to my trap. In fact, to lead the wyverns into the trap, I literally have to fly right over their base, and they keep their dinos in a yard, not in a building.

I noticed they only had a few Pteras, a Trike and a couple parasaurs.  So I brought over one of my extra Griffins (max level tame) and I have over a dozen event colored ones already tamed) and I had my Wyvern on follow. So I land in their base, and they freak out. I stopped in and tried to talk to them, but they didn't have mics, and it appeared they were German speaking in chat, so that was a bust. But I unclaimed the Griffin and then tried to get my wyvern to land, which he did, but Outside of their gates off base. So I was trying to get out of their base, and they recognized my dilemma, and opened the gate. I then grabbed my Wyvern, and took off for the desert loot drops.

When I returned later, I had some drop loot that I didn't want, to I stopped and gave it to the new folks. At this point I noticed that they had 1/2 dozen baby wyverns freshly hatched, so it looks like they are on their way. They seemed to be using the Griffin I left them a lot, which made me feel good. I noticed the doors to my wyvern trap were closed, so they must have used that too.

I'm not sure when the easter color event ends, but After taming nearly 15 colored Griffins in the last week, I didn't see a single colored one on Sunday. Oh well, I fed my addiction enough I suppose. Too bad we can breed them, I got some cool looking ones. I noticed a neighbor of mine who is in the Green OB area, seems to keep taming RED dinos. So I flew over a max level Red Griffin, and left it on his roof as a gift.

Speaking of gifts. Next to the Griffin trap by my base (unlocked) I had since day one been leaving unwanted good quality loot in a storage unit, and blueprints in a bookshelf. Also since I have no plans of doing a boss fight on this server (because of the desert maze bullcrap) I also leave all of my dino kill rewards (talons, feet, skins, glands, etc.) for some one to use. Thus far at least 3 times someone has taken stuff from them, so glad people are able to read the big billboard that says "FREE STUFF"  :)

I spent the rest of the night breeding a green and red thyla to my bright yellow thyla, and got a good mixed color baby, but with the lowered stats. I also bred my Blue and yellow jerboa to the green, pink and yellow jerboa, and got a good mix of those.

A long weekend of ARK, but a fun one.

• Like 1

PS4

One other thing from this weekend.  I tried to make kibble in my cooker on the server, and I could not get it to make kibble.  It would make dyes, and Human consumables (Fria, lazerus, etc.) but not kibble. even when I had everything the dododex says was needed for the new kibbles.

Is something that servers can turn off?

Scorched Earth, Singleplayer, PS4

I haven’t been on in a couple of days. On Friday, I moved to the Red OB. I set up my base, which is just a big adobe hut with a slopes roof and one side open. I added in two Industrial forges, a fabricator, a smithy, a chem bench, a cryo fridge, 4 normal fridges, and 4 vaults. I also set up a generator and cables for the chem bench and fridges. I loaded one of the forges with wood, and started mass making charcoal for bullets. I then hoped over to Ragnarok to run through the jungle cave a couple of times. I love how the Lava Golem drops BPs. I killed him a couple of times, and then hopped back over to SE to drop the BPs off, then logged off. A couple of days before, I had gone on a mass taking spree for the event dinos. 

Pretty routine day today. Logged in, checked on my thorny dragons. All 3 babies had grown up, so I bred them. None of the other adults were off CD yet, the mating timers on this server are default for some reason. :| The server admin says it's because they don't want people breeding too many animals but...longer timers only makes people keep more breeding animals, it doesn't make them breed less. It's a silly argument that does not solve the problem. But they did say they were going to test a possible solution. I have a feeling it might be related to maturation rates so people will get mad and not confront them about such silliness. That's basically my only real issue with this server so far but it's a pretty big dealbreaker. I don't know why people think anyone who asks about boosting something wants instant gratification. I'm not looking for that, I just want the logic of being able to complete one breeding cycle of my animals per day for batch breeding and mutation stacking. It's going to take months either way, I'd just really like to not have hundreds more animals than necessary because someone is afraid of overbreeding and ignoring that it causes a tame cap issue. Just get cryopods is imo a poor argument when you have to go set up on an entirely different map just to get them. But this is a dead equus at this point, I doubt anything will come of it.

Anyway I put the eggs in the hatchery then ran ice cave and desert drops. Got another nice ascendant yuty saddle, no complaints there.

Then somewhat on a whim I bred my sheep again. I bred them once before but the baby died. I stayed with it to juvenile, then farmed some more berries and did some stuff around the base. One very generous person gifted me with a cryofridge and 50 cryopods after I had asked if any were for sale, so that's awesome. I podded up a whole bunch of animals.

I finally saw what the issue was with the sheep, too. For some reason its maturation bar randomly froze and its food started dropping crazy fast. If I wasn't standing there and able to force feed it, it would have died 100%. That's ridiculous. Luckily I was able to cryo it when i got tired, I'll just keep it out whenever I'm around the base so I can watch it. I know sheep aren't super necessary on Ragnarok, but I have high HP and food sheep and I can cryo them to bring with me as sacrificial food sources when out taming. Handy. I notice someone appears to be breeding them on Aberration, but I prefer the normal versions for the slightly higher base HP, aka more mutton produced when killed.

That was about it really aside from some housekeeping and doing some prep work. Since I don't need to run Extinction for pods for now I'm going to focus on preparing all of my base components for my outpost there. Partly why I was running drops, I need to restock gear and get better blueprints.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Aushegun said:

PS4

One other thing from this weekend.  I tried to make kibble in my cooker on the server, and I could not get it to make kibble.  It would make dyes, and Human consumables (Fria, lazerus, etc.) but not kibble. even when I had everything the dododex says was needed for the new kibbles.

Is something that servers can turn off?

I'm not sure on that one Aush, as I took the time the few weeks before the new kibble system was implemented to create 6 fridges of all kibble types. 

I am now just a little short of the highest tier kibble but will make some with all the rock drake eggs I accumulated over the period.

Doesnt sound good though if you cant get the kibble you want made :(

• Like 1

Sigh. I am sitting here trying to remember what I did and well coming up with a very short list and a blank. Pretty sure it was uninspiring. What I do remember doing is making a little home in the Desert to mine stone and mining some stone. Then I went to the 4 red crates and collected more "stuff". After that I popped  an egg on the ground and started raising my last Bary......I am hoping he doesn't starve by the time I am back from work as its my last egg. Worked a little on my Dino pen which is no longer a dino pen but will become the Aviary.

Then looked for a Wyvren egg (came up blank), got set on fire and felt sorry for my Ptera.  That's about it.

• Sad 2

PS4 - Ragnarok - Crazy Boosted German Server

So while running the desert drops last night, I decided to hit up the desert area looking for event Thylas. I didn't find any, so killed all I could and then stopped by Jerboa Island, and found a nice Red * White female to breed my Blue and Yellow Male to (would like to get a Red, White & Blue baby). But I already had my male on my shoulder, so I filled her with mejos, and left her  to wait for later. I then flew back towards my base after scouting the scar for event wyverns. (none :( ) 

Dropped off Lil Snoot at the base, and returned to Jerboa Island. Picked up the Candy Striper, Jerboa. We then flew back over the Thyla desert area. After seeing nothing, I was near the very edge of the Thyla area, when I spotted a Neon Green Thyla. I already have one, but this one had Cyan stripes and a Yellow belly. So I put up some dino gates and kited it into the trap. While I was watching it tame, I see movement out of the corner of my eye.  There is a Pink bodied Thyla on the other side of the rock. So I make another pen, and tame that one too.  While those are taming, I take back to the air, and I see a nearly all black thylas.  I would like to add that Black spine to my bloodline, so I trap and tame that one too. Then A Cyan bodied appeared, and then a dark green with orange belly. So after going weeks with on finding two event Thylas, I now find 4 in one day, Plus I passed on 3 more Neon green Thylas I saw that were low level, or a match to the one I already have.  

The taming of the Cyan bodied Thyla was a bit challenging, as while it was taming, I ran up a small hill to grab some wood to cook some more prime. I then go back to the taming pen when I am attacked by a wild thyla, and it had me pinned down. But lucky for me, my ASC gear was able to withstand the attack, while I fought it off with my ASC sword. But as soon as it died, I find myself shaking, and I realize that a level 100 Rock Golem has agro'd on me, and is beating on the taming pen that my Cyan thyla is stuck in.

I finally get the pen open, and get the very bloody Thyla to follow me away from the Golem.

After a quick stop at a local base to make 5 saddles, I put my wyvern on follow, and I begin leading the 5-pack of Thylas back across the map to my base near between the green OB and the the canyons bridge.

It was touch and go, as we got attacked by multiple huge wolf packs, as well as scared by a durprise Yuty, but we finally made it home.  But then I realized my wyvern had disappeared.

So I put the new Thylas away safely, and went to my Wyvern pen to grab another Wyvern.  That is when I noticed that I was missing two of the Wyverns I had hatched on Sunday.  No death message in the log, and they were in a gated enclosure.  I even had a high level raptor in the pen as a guard dog. But it had not moved. So not sure where the two new dragons went. Oh well, they were non-event, low level ones, so not too upset.

So I jumped on my white and black Ice Wyvern "Black Ice" ( a nod to the great Key & Peele sketch), and we set out to find my yellow and green with pink belly Ice Wyvern "Morning Breath" that somehow got lost coming back from the desert.

We eventually found him, stuck between two tall rocks. Lucky that no dinos went after it, as it was on passive.

Got everyone home, did one more spin around from event Griffins (none) and after filling the food bins and topping of the gas in the generators, called it a night. It was nearly midnight anyway, so It was time.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 1

Oh! Forgot to record my Sunday story..

Started off by hatching all the wyvern eggs to see if I got any easter ones - none. One of the 175 fires did pop out 317 melee and 8k hp which is a good ratio for a 175. Imprinted the 175 and did a bit of taming. Found a 100 blue thyla and a blue 150 thorny.

When saltire logged in he also hatched his eggs some BEAUTIFUL blue 190 poison. His lightning egg hatched triplets so I got to claim one :) Imprinted that aswell.

Hatched a bunch of thyla to try andnget the blue into the line. About 10 blue babies to work with ill combine later.

Did a bit of farming then had an early night for Game of Thrones

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Oh! Forgot to record my Sunday story..

Started off by hatching all the wyvern eggs to see if I got any easter ones - none. One of the 175 fires did pop out 317 melee and 8k hp which is a good ratio for a 175. Imprinted the 175 and did a bit of taming. Found a 100 blue thyla and a blue 150 thorny.

When saltire logged in he also hatched his eggs some BEAUTIFUL blue 190 poison. His lightning egg hatched triplets so I got to claim one :) Imprinted that aswell.

Hatched a bunch of thyla to try andnget the blue into the line. About 10 blue babies to work with ill combine later.

Did a bit of farming then had an early night for Game of Thrones

I'm jealous! I was really hoping for a bright blue Thyla myself. Not the Cyan, but that other nice blue. It has been a long time since I had blue Thylas ... back when I was still on the Island and breeding hundreds of Thylas. But I guess I should be happy with Cyan, as I believe Saltire was looking for one. Ha Ha (said in Nelson from The Simpson's voice)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Been meaning to ask which Thyla was the good stat one ? Am wanting to combine it with the blue colour combo I bred up the other night there.

15 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

. But I guess I should be happy with Cyan, as I believe Saltire was looking for one. Ha Ha (said in Nelson from The Simpson's voice)

?

Cyans the dream but I am more than happy enough with the colour d1nk tamed up. Happy enough to miss out on a cyan one but I can still dream. Am still hunting for the dream otter though. Funnily enough on my previous server last year during the easter event, I did manage to find and tame a 150 cyan thyla. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Been meaning to ask which Thyla was the good stat one ? Am wanting to combine it with the blue colour combo I bred up the other night there.

?

Cyans the dream but I am more than happy enough with the colour d1nk tamed up. Happy enough to miss out on a cyan one but I can still dream. Am still hunting for the dream otter though. Funnily enough on my previous server last year during the easter event, I did manage to find and tame a 150 cyan thyla. 

Uhhh.. no idea atm. My speed thyla has the original hp mut (6300) and a few of the babies have the 6.3k hp 318 melee 1800 stam 1500 weight (these are the best stats of all)

Edit: the all blue thyla should have the hp mut and just needs melee / stam added

Edited by d1nk
  • Thanks 1