So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

59 minutes ago, ickleMrG said:

i logged on to find that someone had spawned in our base, in the house to be precise. Being as they couldnt get out, they decided it would be good to turn off our generator. so thats 3 fridges of cooked/rew meat gone, fridge of berries decayed and a fridge of eggs taken a hit. that genny has not been boxed in beyond its wildest dreams.

i did find the persons body so dragged it out and gave it a good kicking. i know i cant hurt them but it made me feel better.

So did a meat run and a quick berry shuffle and left it as that. need to do more raising....

This is why I always double up on the generators with both on unpowered auto activation switched on. If someone wants to switch off my generators they will be there for hours running between two gennys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's always good to have a plan, man. Got home last night and hopped right on. Made just shy of 50 darts after checking the Dododex for how many I need. Loaded up Crow with all my gear and about half of my remaining mutton from the day before. Then off we went to look for bears. I did actually see a bunch previously so going off that vague recollection we headed out.

I found bears, all right. About 6 of them, including the yellow and green Easter male I'd remembered looking at but choosing not to tame because I only had my crossbow at the time. A new spawn in the area was another Easter bear, a 150 female with a much more attractive cyan and green coloring. You bet I went for her. It wasn't easy, I had to clear out several other bears, then a terror bird, then compies and a saber, all while keeping tracking of where she was running.

Got her down in a surprisingly peaceful area underneath a rocky overhang. It was close as I ran out of darts and used most of my remaining arrows, she only had about 600 HP left by that point. Luckily it was a routine tame after that. I scouted the area and found tons of wild rare flowers growing, plus we were in an area with 2 hives. Very nice.

When she stood up I put the saddle on, put Crow on follow and basically did circuits of this small area, raiding the hives and picking up all of the flowers until I had enough to craft my hive, which I did. Then we had a fairly long walk back to base. Pulled up a single foundation on my not-yet-enclosed greenhouse, put the hive down, boom done.

I really wish there was an intermediate level cooker between the super Bob cooking pot and the industrial cooker I can't make for 10 more levels. Bah.

Didn't do too much else. Organized a little bit and mass crafted the usual, narcs stims spark and gunpowder. Whacked a new load of wood and metal in one of the forges. Collected up a few more eggs, almost have enough from the dodos to craft a hatchery. And that was it for the night.

Next goal...hm. There are tons of things I can do, it's just a question of what to do that will provide the biggest RoI or fill my most immediate need. 

• Like 3

Wife and daughter were out at the Cinema, that meant some Ark time:

Hatched 12 Allo eggs, and wow - popped out a 285 Allo. It got the last remaining stat I needed before a friend dropped off another Allo with a Melee stat I now need. Started to raise said Allo and will finalise it before the start of the weekend before trying to get the new Melee stat introduced, will be interesting to see if it breaks the 290 mark.

2 Wyverns finished off at 100% impr and my own personal 323 Ptera (the colours I wanted, but not all the best stats) is now also 100% imp and tamed.

Did a metal run, a few meat runs, saved a friends Argy from dying to a Rex when they got kicked from server multiple times in a row and checked out a few new tames a friends place.

A tribemate dropped some new presents for me - a 600 MD base Theri which is nice so we can start to prepare for our Island assault. 

Im in the middle of raising my two 185 Fire Wyverns and my 277 Yuty, so this weekend will be pretty busy as I will also be hopping over to Ab to raise a 310 Spino for the boss fight over there. With some Easter taming, metal runs and raising babies its going to make me have late nights and early starts :)

• Like 2

On 4/11/2019 at 12:33 AM, OldGregg0013 said:

I built a brewery to service the village pub. I also built an art store, a pet store, a gun store, a garden store, a bank, a camping store, a market, a cinema and finished painting the alphabet over 26 canvases. It was a busy day. Want to visit old Gregton? Its in the NorthEast corner of Ragnarok on the EU server "Loveark" be sure to visit the information centre for extra info about the village, as well as directions to the fully functioning cruise ship that sails to various parts of the map.

Jeebus that's awesome. I can't build for crap. 

Ragnarok Unofficial Server

Did a bit more metal farming and decked out my Destroyer raft with some test plant x and auto turrets and took it for a spin. Basically sailed around the islands shredding wild pelagornis. It works a treat so I planted the rest of the plant x plots up and now I just need a few more auto turrets and mass produce some ammo. Cant wait to test it out in the southern wyvern trench for the giggles to see how it fares. Might even have to think about raiding some wyvern eggs out of the northern trench soon and use the raft offshore to kill all the aggroed wyverns.

Finally tamed up a high level female thorny dragon and I bred it with my male, so that we have some thorny dragons to raise up. I did want to go and tame a male Baryonyx to go with d1nks female but I never got a chance.

• Like 2

Well, not every day can be an adventure worthy tale.

Today was mostly farming for me. In particular, crystal was a big one. The main reason I haven't built a greenhouse around my farm is that I didn't have enough crystal to build it, so now I'm stockpiling for that. I also did a decent paste run and stopped at one of the public oil pumps while I was at it. Actually emptied the whole thing and the bird still made it back to base, albeit somewhat slowly.

Also finally leveled up to 80 and made my industrial forge, I've been sitting on the poly for that all week.

I did scout around a bit for a sheep, didn't find any in the highlands.

Built an S+ hatchery, still need ACs to finish out the build.

All in all, not super eventful but great progress. Will definitely need to work on my build as the forge absolutely does not fit in my base lol.

• Like 1

Didnt get on til late last night but managed to get a few things done.

Completed my personal raft project, wanted a taming motorboat, that I could still see out of easily.. it isnt the prettiest but it functions well. 

Went looking for a mating Bary, spent 1.5h killing low level barrys in the swamp, flying in and out of render trying to force a spawn. Got stunlocked by one, chewed my armour and took about 3 deaths to get my body back :P 

Gave up and went home. On the way decided to hit a yellow drop on SE Island, scanned and found a 140 thyla female. Hatched a few eggs by accident while taming it and raised a thorny. Loaded up everything burning with wood for charcoal and went to bed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Went looking for a mating Bary, spent 1.5h killing low level barrys in the swamp, flying in and out of render trying to force a spawn. Got stunlocked by one, chewed my armour and took about 3 deaths to get my body back :P 

Ill try looking for one tonight again lol

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Loaded up everything burning with wood for charcoal and went to bed

Ah the ever eternally burning stone forges in our base. Poor things are never off. 

Had a lot to do both in and out of the game, so not a ton of time spent today.

Went out in the morning and found a herd of sheep, none worth taming but plenty of mutton for the day.

Ended up flying around just scouting for anything I might want. Found a 145 griffin. Sure it's not event colored, but it's still a fine option. Tamed it up, ever glad for the local communal taming pens for things like this.

Took a break through most of the afternoon, then came back on in the evening.

Headed out to the desert and tamed not one but a pair of thorny dragons. Got a nice 41 weight and some good colors for a natural color morph I'm thinking about doing. Haven't done an actual project in ages.

Got back, had to go back out and gather mats for a saddle, did that, then a pego reminded me the hard way that most of my animals are not on passive. Had to sort that mess out.

That was about it really.

• Like 1

Ragnarok - Private Xbox Cluster

Ever took a chainsaw to a Karkinos? So much organic poly and just as well because I needed to repair the indy grinder I had placed down the previous session.

It all started after taming a 150 Rex with crap stats so was annoyed but at least I have an expendable killing machine. I’m built in a cave so I can’t completely enclose my base despite having no clip on.

A 150 Bronto strolled down towards my entrance so I killed it with my new Rex, not before it almost destroyed my storage chests and indy grinder. Moved the grinder further back in my base and made 3 vaults to replace the storage boxes.

Before taming the Rex, I had placed down an indy forge and chem bench and made a whole lot of charcoal for gunpowder. I really need some BPs because primitive gear sucks and I wasted so many darts on that Rex for no good return.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Very Productive day!

Raised a few Thyla in the morning, got a health mutation first baby.. 6.3k hp. Took my thyla for a run for hide and then crafted an asc saddle bp we had. Mindwiped and still only got 2.5% t.t 

Did a bunch of farming. Did a fly to the canyon, ice cave, dams and when I got back the SE crystal cave. Built a small floating outpost in the ocean outside the crystal cave and parked an extra argy, anky and a thyla there. Did another crystal run to make an industrial grinder.

Got back home and pretty much grinded for hours trying to get level 80. Did an obsidian run, some crafting and re-did the motorboat I was using into some sort of farming boat. My plan is to encase an indy forge in it, equip it with all the things a good metal / crafting outposts needs while keeping it slim enough to sail up Canyon river to park there to smelt. I can take it to any of the big metal spawns (des. Cave for eg) via Ocean. We will try it for a bit and if it isnt working can always pick up the forge and place in base. 

After working on the boat for awhile finally got a design that isnt too terrible and hit level 80. Crafted an industrial forge, fiddled with placement on the boat for a bit then logged off. 

I plan to finish the boat today and test it out

• Like 3

Started my day with some ptera taming. Hadn't really planned on keeping any but I decided it would be a good way to get wyvern eggs. Tamed 3 and bred one pair, hatched some eye searing magenta twins cause of the event colors. Got them started then took the griffin out for a long flight. Originally I was going to tame more thornys but I ended up running drops instead. I am lacking so much in gear and good BPs, and especially I was hoping for some good fur.

Eventually in my travels I ended up near the scar, which was oddly empty. I don't know if someone did a run previously or what but I rather cautiously flew in and did a short pass. Came out with a 155 poison wyvern egg with absolutely nothing around to aggro. Well. Guess I didn't really need those pteras after all, huh. Feeling a strange mix of triumphant and like I wasted my morning, nonethless I'm happy to have an egg even though I won't be hatching it until next weekend.

Posted the pteras for sale along with my beaver, which I don't need with the thornys around anyway.

Then we took another long flight out to the desert biome. Over the course of the afternoon and evening we did a total of 4 desert drop runs, picking up some pretty nice stuff including 2 pieces of fur and loads of bps I'll never use. I also found a black 145 sheep wandering out there, of all places. I wasn't going to tame it originally but I had nothing else planned so I actually flew back to base to make a cake and get Raven the argent, then hauled all the way back out, tamed the sheep, and uploaded it at a drop. Then flew to the blue ob, got the sheep, flew it home, and switched back to the griffin. Turned out to be worthwhile, as the sheep tamed with 45 in hp. I'll be able to start my super sheep line right away.

I also tested the fur out by doing a run on ice wyvern nests, only found one level 90 egg and no wyverns in sight. I'll probably use it for kibble or give/trade it away honestly, a 90 won't be useful for anything when I can already at least use the 155 to run more eggs. Or the sacrificial pteras.

Already thinking about rebuilding my base, honestly. I'm not happy with it and it's too small anyway, I'll have to knock a wall out just to raise the wyvern.

Ended the night by grinding and stockpiling more of the usual metal/narcs/sparkpowder/gunpowder and organizing things a bit more.

• Like 3

did a bit of grinding last night, metal, crystal and obsidian.

We have a load of babies in the cryo ready to raise so slowly bringing them in to the world. gota few that are either juve or very close to juve and my baby thylo and wolf are coming on, but back in the fridge. Started our animals for the different kibbles, so getting there.

Converted an unused bit to a dodo house andmy tribe mate made the green house and a few other bits.

Tonight...... get the wolf an thylo up to juve and get more runs in. need the thylo to go do a cave for chitin etc. cud use the frog i suppose........

Well yesterday was a day of days. I do not often have an entire day to game but yesterday was that day. I tested most of the aspects of Ark.

So I needed an Anky for my Island base to farm metal on the mountains. Going up with my Argie  and a pick wasnt very efficient. So I thought that the best idea would be to fly up collect a full Argie of metal and while its cooking off get my Anky. As they say no plan survives first contact. On the Mountain top were 2 Rexes. In an attempt to kite them off the mountain top I got stuck between the,m and one lvl 200 Argie was Rex food......they ate me off his back and then he never stood a chance. Cloud has gone into the clouds.

Okay so now I don't have an Argie to collect Metal....down to one Argie. However I have 2 eggs in the Fridge. So I set to breeding the 2 of them. DEFINITELY underestimated the meat required. So in between farming resources I am collecting meat like nobodies business.......Head up the mountain collect some lovely meat and on the way back I am wondering what that lovely red glow is in my taming pen.  As I get closer I realize it is non other than a Alpha Rex eating my dinos. So now on Rag I am down to my last Dino (Mardre the Argie). So while collecting meat I am also attacking said Rex with arrows and my Argie in an attempt to kill it before my entire base and 2 baby Argies are Rex fodder. Fast forward a few hours and we have a dead Alpha Rex that gave me sucky drops, a broken Base, an Argie that has minimal health and me running around with a pike trying to collect meat. 

Finally get the Argies to grow up and get more metal. Tame an Anky and now I have my metal team for The Island.  That works out well. Collect enough Metal to make a Large Glass tree platform (Platforms plus), find a place for it near the Red Obelisk and start building (going to move it now to the Green Ob I think). So the day ended on a high after much messing around and and and I got a Ascendant Rex Saddle Blueprint. So a WIN of a day all told.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I did the usual (that everyone does), raise babies.

This weekend was different however. I left the Center for the first time in ages and left the Wyverns, Rexes, Yuty, Pteras and Dimorph just eating away whilst I spent and evening on SE.

Picked out a lovely Thyla and 190 Ice Wyvern and my tribemate and I went off to do cave runs. Now I havent been back here since having to do the caves on foot - behold the cryopod!

This made life so much easier, mantis', bats etc pew pew!

It was fun to stalk around taking out everything with relative ease as I remember the times before always seemed like I had taken 2hrs to complete it. It was a refreshing change to do the 2 caves again and it gave me an idea for the Sunday game plan too.

So I fed all on the Center whilst it was x2 and then waited for tribemate to get on. He liked the idea of some new Glowtails rather than raising our 310 Spinos. I wanted a few Shinehorns so off we went on our Rock Drakes with Ravagers in some pods. 

I hadnt done any Ab caves yet so we were both a little hesitant as there seemed to be Raptors everywhere... slowly slowly we made it through to where we could see Glowtails and he snapped up a 140 so he was super happy. A few others we got and made our way across various obstacles. The artifact! Another off the list.

A few close calls with an electric eel and big croc, a karki too, but we survived and then went on our way for some Shinehornds. To cut this story short... I saw 3, and they were all of low level, looks like all our luck was on the Glowtails.

Overall, ARK reminded me that its worth branching back out to the old servers once in a while ;)

• Like 2

PS4 - Unofficial Server - Ragnarok

So Saturday morning,  I decided to try something different, and I went back online and randomly selected a PvE server. 

First one, I spawn in, and INSTANTLY, my food and water levels are at zero, and I am dying. So I run into the water drinking and eating the berries that are growing right next to the water. While all of this is going on, the screen keeps showing me all the engrams I automatically get.... like EVERY engram.

I step out of the water to grab some more berries, and instantly, I'm dying of thirst again. run back to the water, and now I am starving again. What the heck?

Needless to say the settings on this server are screwed, and no wonder no one was on it.

Take 2 - try another random server .. .description was in German, so not sure what it says.

Spawn in, and as I start distributing my attribute levels, I notice that this server too is giving me all of the engrams automatically, and I realize I spawned in as a level 100.

So I click on stamina to add a level, and my Stamina jumps up to 23,000, then I add to weight, and it goes up to 1 Million! 

So this is a hugely boosted server. Oh what the heck, let's just roll with it.

So since I'm instantly a level 100, I am able to tame up a Ptera and make a saddle for it right off the bad. (I bola and punched it out)

I then fly around the map looking for a place to set up. Viking Beach is full with huge bases, as it the area near the blue OB. Some idiot has blocked off the bridge across the chasm near the center of the map with lock dino gates. Yet they don't even have a base there. Just did it to prevent people from using the bridge.

I decide to set up in my favorite spot at the top of the Butte not far from the bridge.

So this server is god-boosted on stats for human/dinos in stamina, & weight, and increased for health, melee and oxygen. Plus the gather rates are astronomical. The dinos go up as high as 300 for normal (I saw 500+ levels in the ice cave) and the taming speed is way fast. (A rex took about 65 arrows to knock out, but then tamed up in about 10 minutes.)

Bottom line, within 6 hours of starting, I had a complete stone base fully enclosed, with 2 Behemoth gates and 4 dino gates. 2 rexes, 3 Pteras, and 3 Argies, 2 Griffins, and a Raptor. (By making and leaving UNlocked a couple dino traps)

It is like ARK on steroids and speed.

I decide to log back on Sunday morning, and this time I notice the beginning message (in German) says a bunch of words, and then PvP .... well the server selection screen says this is a PvE map, so this has me thinking that maybe the server switches to PvP on occasion ... maybe that is why the rates are so boosted,?

So I fly around some more as I look for dung beetles, and I notice that many of the biggest bases are also totally defensed for PvP as well. Plus I notice that there are also Abberation dinos (roll rats, ravagers) walking around wild on this map. Plus I saw tamed Owls, Drakes, and a tamed corrupted Rex!)

Fast forward to Sunday evening, and I have my base defended with 20 turrets, 300-400 rounds of ammo in each, 40 plots of Plant X growing, and I added a Tek Parasaur, a trike and 3 beetles to the gang. 

Then a guy on a dragon lands on the top of my base, and spends 5 minutes attacking the base (but it is still PvE, so no damage, and my defenses aren't reacting. I go outside to see what is up, and he shoots at me with an assault rifle like 200 times (except no damage) Then shoots of fireworks into the air for a couple minutes.  I just look at him, emote salute, and go back inside. He gets back on his dragon and stomps around the outside of the base from a couple more minutes then flies away. Weird.

I'm curious to see if the server changes to PvP during the week maybe?  When I get home, I will try to use google to translate the server message to see what is going on.

Because this server is so extremely boosted, it was super easy to get so much done in a short time. So if I log on tonight, to find I have been wiped by a raid, I really don't care it was kind of fun to not need to tame so many dinos, just to grind out a base. Ridiculously easy, but still kind of fun.

Spoiler

Edited by Aushegun
Not sure why there is a spoiler showing up in my post, and I can't seem to get rid of it.
  • Like 4

Spent most of the time I was playing fixing up my forge boat. Only had a few hours because Game of Thrones was starting today and wanted to watch a bit of Season 7 before 8 started :P 

Gave one of the new players 30,000 thatch.... ive been grinding for 2 days and just threw everything in storage out of laziness. Well he was thankful! 

Worked more on the boat as Saltire was doing runs around, went to the SE island quickly to get some pearls for a few turrets on top and then took off to the canyon. After navigating through the river Im not going to bring any tames this way on the boat.. the one Argy I had (even with a raised storage platform) kept getting knocked off and chased by spinos.

Finally made it to the Canyon. I rarely go down to ground level here, forgot how dangerous it was. Raptors, spinos, baryonyx everywhere! Parked the boat on a semi-safe spot that I know a drop spawns at (easy transfer into cloud and nice loot now and then) then went up and grabbed all the raw metal Saltire farmed up earlier, threw into forge. 

I.love.keypads. The new boat I put keypads to good use. 4 different pins for different stuff: one to open front doors to forge, one for back doors, one for the hatch and another to turn turrets on/off. Love it. 

Did a small metal run before logging for the night. Got a big job interview (wish me luck!) That ive been applying for over a year to get.. im 3 interviews in and go for my final one Wednesday! Finally can make some good coin.

• Like 3