So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

2 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Wife was busy all night with some stupid TV show so I hopped on ARK! 

Got on Rag and 

I read this way too quick at first ... saw "wife"... "rag", and thought oh oh, this guy is in for trouble! ?

2 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Loaded the boat up and tried. Almost died a few times, got chased out of the swamp a few times by crabs and said stuff this! Grabbed one of the argies and dropped it in the boat. Guess im going to use argies too. Im just needlessly punishing myself :P Had to farm more prime but it came out halfway decent. 

Hmm, you lasted a whole 72 hours before falling victim to your flyer addiction?  HA HA  Just teasing you, as I can't imagine imposing a no flyers rule. I am too weak for that. I'd be Raptor food every day without my flyers. In fact last night, I got killed by an Alpha raptor that seemingly came out of nowhere. I was near my base, so respawned , and ran back over to save my Ptera .... luckily the Alpha was still chomping on my lifeless corpse, and so I jumped on the Ptera allowing the raptor only one more bite of my butt as we scooted to the safety of the base. I then brought out a trio of imprinted Thylas, and we had alpha raptor buffet!

• Like 2

Logged back on after hearing of patch, new bug raptored up my ability to build anything and raptored up my attempts to modify existing structures, logged back off, watching TV.

This game has been so badly broken in the last months that it’s become a chore and a misery rather than a pleasure to return to it.

I’m just disappointed because for a while it really grabbed me and was my favorite title. Sadly it looks like i came just before it all got messed up and since then, every fix brings along new equally critical defects. In all my years gaming, i’ve never played any other game where each new patch does as much damage as good.

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I read this way too quick at first ... saw "wife"... "rag", and thought oh oh, this guy is in for trouble! ?

Hmm, you lasted a whole 72 hours before falling victim to your flyer addiction?  HA HA  Just teasing you, as I can't imagine imposing a no flyers rule. I am too weak for that. I'd be Raptor food every day without my flyers. In fact last night, I got killed by an Alpha raptor that seemingly came out of nowhere. I was near my base, so respawned , and ran back over to save my Ptera .... luckily the Alpha was still chomping on my lifeless corpse, and so I jumped on the Ptera allowing the raptor only one more bite of my butt as we scooted to the safety of the base. I then brought out a trio of imprinted Thylas, and we had alpha raptor buffet!

The main focus of my restrictions was to avoid the inevidable 'wyvern / rex / giga' meta. I get a wyvern and use nothing else. Im going to have to work to NOT use my argy as much ahah.

I did allow myself to use a Pelagornis which is a flier so not exactly no flier anyways :P Ill still mull it over, felt a little dirty using it honestly

• Haha 1

Ragnarok Unofficial Server

Started off by installing the electrics throughtout our base. I love these new s+ flexi cables, it makes laying electric wiring so much easier and satifying. No more do we have to lay all the wires in one go, follow the set grid and have the wires floating about the place. I layed each level with wires and the connected  the different levels afterwards with the flexi cables. Installed lights throughout the base. Also installed a separate generator into the lighthouse and we now have a fully functioning lighthouse, I cant wait to build a few greenhouse peices and convert the lightroom into pure glass. 

Hatched up a few argies and set aside two as future breeders and two for personal use later on. I then went on a metal and crystal run with an argy and anky to the central canyon. Had a slight mishap when I fell of the central collum after harvesting some crystal and I had no way to get back to my argy and anky, so I had to suicide and return with a spare argy.

To finish of the night, I took my thyla for a spin on the mainland and raided some beaver dams. I started off raiding the dams around green obelisk and then travelled north towards the beaver dams by the castle and raided the dams until my thyla couldnt take much more from the beavers. Returned with a few thousand cementing paste. 

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

(I didnt know where you wanted gen and stuff so you can move anything I placed @AngrySaltire im loving the layout youve made so far!)

Glad you like it :) Am still unsure on the setup and still experimenting. The basement below the logoff room is now a generator room as planned but I was also thinking of turning it into a kitchen aswell with cookers and associated fridges. Still unsure about the third floor, best I could come up with would be a future greenhouse. See waht you think :)

• Like 2

Official Ragnarok ORP 

#1 #2 #3

Another few days, another few deaths. Everything on the ARK moves far faster than it did before I came into contact with them... At least, that's what I believe it was like before, and what I have been told. Many, many different memories tend to start pushing old ones out the back window. Especially ones that don't help you survive the gnashing teeth of various carnivorous beasts that outnumber prey nearly 2:1.

The beaver that died wasn't even named yet, according to D. The next few days brought another catastrophe. A direbear encroached onto our little base. We had yet to set up proper defenses, and the raptors swarmed it in a bid to lead it from the territory. I, of course, lay cowering within the confines of our pathetic wooden hut. I suppose that makes me a coward, but what good would killing myself yet another time have done for the raptors? Well, and the one pteranodon, Shepherd... He, along with the raptors Jailor, Dustin, and Looper were cruelly snatched from us by that bear before the two higher-tier females Special Girl and Slick took it out... They have since been doing some bickering, though, what with no males in their 'pack' any longer. I suppose I'll need to find another one before they kill one another.

We lost one more creature since my last note. Legion, a brilliant, glittering tek stegosaurus. I'm still not sure where these metallic beings have come from, but they act just like their usual counterparts... So I don't find them as alarming anymore. In fact, they're quite attractive due to their spectacular colors and mesmerizing behavior. That being said, that option also makes them much more noticeable than other animals... much more apt to be predated. This is my working theory as to why perhaps they tend to be rarer and a little stronger than normal versions of themselves... Only a select few manage to survive at all and those that do are the strongest.

We have made gains, though, and I dare say they outweigh the losses. Although I do not like to be happy an animal has died under my care, as that is simply cruel, at least their losses don't set us back too technologically far. The beaver was a sore loss since they are so good at gathering wood into neat piles, but we found another, stronger specimen today. I dare say it was the healthiest, biggest beaver I have ever seen. D insisted he be named Vega. 

The evening prior, I had successfully felled a male rex. He also looked incredibly powerful, healthy, and vigorous - more so than a rex typically does. Most of the wild types are bruised, battered, and sometimes even skittish. The weaker and less powerful the rex, the less confident and more unpredictable it is; but the stronger, healthier a rex is, the more confident and direct it is. This one was definitely the latter. Zaeed, as D again insisted he be called once she woke the next morning, proved to outmatch even our beloved Palmyra. The two also seem to get along very well. Here's to hoping she is able to rear an egg soon! More rexes the better, I say.

We also picked up a few dilophosaurs. They're nice to have as pets around the house and I enjoy their company. But more than that, I understand that their eggs are used in the simplest of kibbles. As much fun as scrambling across the ARK to find sheep for raw mutton can be, we have decided we need to start somewhere and start producing kibble.

D has made strides in bettering our base but it still has a long way to go before I'd feel truly safe in it.

I suppose until next time....

Graves: Courier (megaloceros), Pinstripe (parasaurolophus),  Moonside (parasaurolophus), Spry (parasaurolophus), Lucille (raptor), Algae (parasaurolophus), Lucitania (parasaurolophus), Plankton (dodo), Miata (parasaurolophus), Ashley (pteranodon), Hiro (dilophosaurus), Honeydew (dilophosaurus), Sinna (raptor), Liara (pteranodon), unnamed Castoroides, Dustin (raptor), Looper (raptor), Jailor (raptor), Shepherd (pteranodon), Legion (tek stegosaurus)

Notes:  Defenses are still exceptionally poor...

Must continue gathering eggs

Must begin making kibbles...need to get those preserving bins going...

Must find a (better) argentavis... Our current one is just too sickly, slow... I'm afraid she will die soon.

hopefully the rexes will make eggs

Edited by Slvr
  • Like 1

Realised how great the cryopods are for raising babies now.

Before i used to hate raising babies due to the amount of time. All of our clan have full time jobs and kids so it was near impossible to raise say a giga. At least now we can do a few hours here, a few hours there and it all adds up. makes it 100x easier for your average gamer.

So ive poped 2 ankys, and thylo and a lizard thing (cant remember name)

• Like 2

PS4 - Single Player - The Center

Follow up to my Gacha breeding for color mutations debacle from yesterday.  I returned to the lagfest I had created on the Center. slowly, but surely, I worked my thru the Gacha mess, but after not seeing even 1 color mutation, I did a destroy all Gachas, and POOF, no more lag.  I can't believe I didn't get a color mutation... or at least none in a color that stuck out enough to be noticed.  ?

I then dismantled the breeding pen, topped off the feed bins for everyone at my water and land base on this map, and sadly had to get back onto my computer for real life work until bedtime. 

Supposedly, another big snowstorm is coming thru tonight and all day tomorrow, so I will be working from home Thursday.  That means I can sleep in an extra 1.5 hours tomorrow, since I won't have my normal 71 mile commute. So looks like tonight I can stay up later and play more. I think I will go over to Rag.  I recently battled the Gamma boss with my Allo Army, and now I have 8 battle Rexes fully grown. I'm a bit worried however. For my Allos, I had a good MC saddle BP, that I used for all of there saddles.  But I only have 1 freaking Rex saddle BP, in over 2 years of playing! And it is a ASC BP that has resource demands so large, it takes many hours to just make one. So I might not bring the Rexs until I have enough ASC saddles for all of them. I also have a decent Yuty bred and raised, and am curious to see how well he helps.

I will also need to go out gathering more artifacts. (Except the ones in the desert maze, I just spawn those, as I am not wasting my time on that maze crap)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Single Player - The Center

Follow up to my Gacha breeding for color mutations debacle from yesterday.  I returned to the lagfest I had created on the Center. slowly, but surely, I worked my thru the Gacha mess, but after not seeing even 1 color mutation, I did a destroy all Gachas, and POOF, no more lag.  I can't believe I didn't get a color mutation... or at least none in a color that stuck out enough to be noticed.  ?

I then dismantled the breeding pen, topped off the feed bins for everyone at my water and land base on this map, and sadly had to get back onto my computer for real life work until bedtime. 

Supposedly, another big snowstorm is coming thru tonight and all day tomorrow, so I will be working from home Thursday.  That means I can sleep in an extra 1.5 hours tomorrow, since I won't have my normal 71 mile commute. So looks like tonight I can stay up later and play more. I think I will go over to Rag.  I recently battled the Gamma boss with my Allo Army, and now I have 8 battle Rexes fully grown. I'm a bit worried however. For my Allos, I had a good MC saddle BP, that I used for all of there saddles.  But I only have 1 freaking Rex saddle BP, in over 2 years of playing! And it is a ASC BP that has resource demands so large, it takes many hours to just make one. So I might not bring the Rexs until I have enough ASC saddles for all of them. I also have a decent Yuty bred and raised, and am curious to see how well he helps.

I will also need to go out gathering more artifacts. (Except the ones in the desert maze, I just spawn those, as I am not wasting my time on that maze crap)

Where did you find your mc allo bp? Been trying with no luck for awhile

Ragnarok - Private Xbox Cluster

“A quest for paste”

So the session before last, I farmed up all the resources I needed for an industrial forge only to realise I was 11 levels off at the time :( lol. I haven’t tamed anything since my last post so that farm was a killer. Considering I’m based on the island north of the meteor crater, getting paste for polymer was a mission. Yes I could have went to the streams by green obelisk but I prefer the dams by the castle for maximum gains.

I crafted up the structures needed for a 2x2x4 so that I can safely store a flyer and a couple beds while I gather paste, allowing the beavers to kill me so I can freely grab the past from my death cache in peace. The flyer over took so long because I’m travelling 5-6 grid boxes diagonally with a weighed down Ptero. I also forgot while I was sky high avoiding Griffins that I was expecting an Amazon delivery at any moment so my eye was on my stamina more than my direction of travel.

Eventually, I got to my destination and placed the stone shack on the little hill between the 2 beaver lakes, died a few times and returned to my base with around 3000 paste, just enough to tick me over before I need to return.

I have around 40000 snail paste on my Center server (10 snails) but that would ruin my new Rag play through. Tempting though lol.

• Like 3

I built a brewery to service the village pub. I also built an art store, a pet store, a gun store, a garden store, a bank, a camping store, a market, a cinema and finished painting the alphabet over 26 canvases. It was a busy day. Want to visit old Gregton? Its in the NorthEast corner of Ragnarok on the EU server "Loveark" be sure to visit the information centre for extra info about the village, as well as directions to the fully functioning cruise ship that sails to various parts of the map.

Edited by OldGregg0013
  • Like 4

Megalania is my favorite megafauna, too bad they are aggressively bad in the game sigh.

Well after a couple days off last night I hopped onto the server to find the Easter event had been launched a bit early. Took Crow out to get some levels and just kind of see what's what. Killed an alpha raptor, got a midtier crossbow, killed a sheep and went roaming around. Eventually found an extremely ugly yellow and magenta female 140 rex rampaging about with a cool 30 points in HP. It took forever but I got her down, tamed on the mutton. She stood up with 31 points in HP. Ah, the joys of RNG. Uploaded her at a nearby beacon, then walked her home from blue ob, it was much easier.

That was about all I did really. Grabbed some drops while I was out and about and managed to get a pretty good ascendant baryonx saddle, about the only loot worth noting.

Honestly on this server with taming rates being what they are, a breeding line of sheep would be rather significant. Guess I'll be looking for a direbear next. Direbear > honey > domestic hive > cakes and S+ nanny. A solid plan, I think.

• Like 3

Official Ragnarok ORP

#1 #2 #3

What about the desert, she said… what about the this little spot in the middle of nowhere, she said…

She conveniently left out the part about rock golems! Sure, maybe it was my fault for forgetting about them - but still! I suppose I should just start from the beginning to bring myself some peace as well…

First, a base sprung up overnight nearby that proved too deadly to stay near. As D and I are still too new to do much about it, we had one option: flee. So, we packed all our things up into our animals, and began a treacherous journey to elsewhere. Most of it was easygoing until we reached the ridges separating the grasslands and rolling hills from the rocky desert ahead. That was when that behemoth of a beast, the rock golem, awoke and began to attack.

Me and the animals fled, right past a sleeping base and down a cliff. I was thrown from Zaeed’s back, and went cascading down the cliffs. I swear every bone in my body snapped before I finally died from the blunt force trauma. 

I managed to catch someone’s attention to fly me back there. All was well again for a little while, and then ANOTHER rock golem awoke. This time, my animals were a little too far away to heed my orders to leave it alone. Our ankylosaurus, a raptor, and a dilophosaur fell to its power before I finally pulled them away. 

Following that... some way or another, I ended up away from the animals and a sheer cliff separated us… I misjudged the depth of some water near them, and again, blunt force trauma claimed me. 

What ensued from then on was death upon death upon death. I don’t even care to write it down for posterity. Another good samaritan however did help me. Let’s call him Matt. I’ll need to remember his name so I know to be friendly to him in the future…

It was hours of pain and anger, but finally, I ended up back with my animals, and beds were plopped down. That nightmare was finally over. Two doedicurus, two rexes, a beaver, a dung beetle, and two dilophosaurs had survived the trek. I knew that a dilophosaur, two raptors, and an ankylosaurus had died, but the rest must have been lost along the way. I’ll need to go out to find them once I have another flyer… for now, they can fend for themselves. I have to focus on myself and the ones still with me first.

Graves: Courier (megaloceros), Pinstripe (parasaurolophus), Moonside (parasaurolophus), Spyr (parasaurolophus), Lucille (raptor), Algae (parasaurolophus), Lucitania (parasaurolophus), Plankton (dodo), Miata (parasaurolophus), Ashley (pteranodon), Hiro (dilophosaurus), Honeydew (dilophosaurus), Sinna (raptor), Liara (pteranodon), unnamed Castoroides, Dustin (raptor), Looper (raptor), Jailor (raptor), Shepherd (pteranodon), Legion (tek stegosaurus), Bakara (ankylosaurus), Boot Hill (griffin), D’s griffin (I’m not even going to try to spell the name she had for that thing), Special Girl (raptor), Slick (raptor), Hoover (dilophosaurus), CarniVorutus (carnotaurus), Wrex (triceratops). A dung beetle and an argentavis are missing.

Notes: Somehow during all the confusion, Palmyra laid an egg! This is excellent news.

We need another flyer and another ankylo ASAP.

Need a new shelter with better defenses ASAP.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Slvr said:

Official Ragnarok ORP

#1 #2 #3

What about the desert, she said… what about the this little spot in the middle of nowhere, she said…

She conveniently left out the part about rock golems! Sure, maybe it was my fault for forgetting about them - but still! I suppose I should just start from the beginning to bring myself some peace as well…

First, a base sprung up overnight nearby that proved too deadly to stay near. As D and I are still too new to do much about it, we had one option: flee. So, we packed all our things up into our animals, and began a treacherous journey to elsewhere. Most of it was easygoing until we reached the ridges separating the grasslands and rolling hills from the rocky desert ahead. That was when that behemoth of a beast, the rock golem, awoke and began to attack.

Me and the animals fled, right past a sleeping base and down a cliff. I was thrown from Zaeed’s back, and went cascading down the cliffs. I swear every bone in my body snapped before I finally died from the blunt force trauma. 

I managed to catch someone’s attention to fly me back there. All was well again for a little while, and then ANOTHER rock golem awoke. This time, my animals were a little too far away to heed my orders to leave it alone. Our ankylosaurus, a raptor, and a dilophosaur fell to its power before I finally pulled them away. 

Following that... some way or another, I ended up away from the animals and a sheer cliff separated us… I misjudged the depth of some water near them, and again, blunt force trauma claimed me. 

I just love that phrase "blunt force trauma" .....  made me laugh when I think about how many times I've died from falling off a bird midflight, or going over a cliff. lol

• Haha 1

Logged on a bit last night. Logged in to a whole whack of progress! Saltire had a big metal motorboat made, bunch of base addons and entered industrial age ! Colour me impressed.

Decided id need a motorboat too. Started making poly for it realized I needed 1200 ingots too, oops. Saw we had a metal outpost, flew to the canyon. Farmed up about 2.5k ingots, grabbed the ingots that were in the forges and flew em back. Along the way grabbedna few drops, hit some dams up and flew into the ice cave. Got some nice bps and a premade mc crossbow and mc longneck.

Got back to base, made the motorboat, made some more poly and made two MC flak chests I got from a bp. Fiddled with a motorboat for a bit then logged. Need to think of ideas for it, going to let saltirw finish the big metal one first and ill judge what to build after

35 minutes ago, d1nk said:

. Need to think of ideas for it, going to let saltirw finish the big metal one first and ill judge what to build after

Its basically finished now. Shall moor it way out of render distance. The plan for this one is to act as a mobile base we can move about the map, maybe even fit an indy forge into it some how.  Got a few more raft designs in mind too. I fancy starting a much smaller raft to act as a destroyer (hopefully good at shredding wyverns) and then move onto an attempt to make a wyvern trap on a raft. 

• Like 2

Ragnarok - Unofficial Server

Spent the last few nights on my new pet projects, working on a few metal rafts. Of course I had to deal with the resource farming first. I put down a metal farming outpost in the central canyons on top of one of the collums using a couple of cliff platforms. I cant wait to hit the level to craft an industrial forge, using basic forges is torture. Also farmed enough cementing paste on my thyla to make a run in the island swamp cave proud. Start of the run by raiding the beaver dams by green obelisk and then proceed to the big dams near the castle in the north  and then back to green obelisk on the way back to get the dams when they respawned, each trip netting about 6 or 7k worth of paste.

I started of by building an aircraft carrier type motorboat, with the goal of using it as a mobile base and dino carrier. It comes fully equiped with a flight deck and bellow deck storage. Unfortunately dinos need to lifted in and out of the giant hatch frame by argy and a ramp restricts access. Didnt quiet comeout aswell as I would have liked but it'll do for my first attempt. Christened it I.R.S. Ark Royal. Installed a few autoturrets and a crop plot for a plant species X. Its currently undergoing sea trials and still needs munitions.

rps20190411_222808.thumb.jpg.b57fb8132d074235e77bf92867b0ccfa.jpg

I then started on a smaller motorboat design, a Destroyer type build to lend support to the carrier, support the future wyvern trap I plan to build or general use for the fun of it. Its inspired by the design from a friends build on my previous server but I cant quiet remember how it was built and he did a much better job with it even in the days way before the S+ intergration, so its mainly my design. Christened this one I.R.S. Defiant. I plan to pair up each plant x plot with an auto turret and when I can a heavy turret. As with the previous build, its undergoing seatrials and needs to load up on munitions.

rps20190411_222855.thumb.jpg.7775d383e59ea574f600c52b421a61b6.jpg

Also d1nk, dont mind the wild bronto in the base, it seems to have taken up residence...

• Like 3

i logged on to find that someone had spawned in our base, in the house to be precise. Being as they couldnt get out, they decided it would be good to turn off our generator. so thats 3 fridges of cooked/rew meat gone, fridge of berries decayed and a fridge of eggs taken a hit. that genny has not been boxed in beyond its wildest dreams.

i did find the persons body so dragged it out and gave it a good kicking. i know i cant hurt them but it made me feel better.

So did a meat run and a quick berry shuffle and left it as that. need to do more raising....

• Sad 2