So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Ragnarok - Private Xbox Cluster

Started and finished my taming raft build. This will be my home until I found an outpost or potentially main base location.

I went for my standard 4x7 build. 4x3 enclosed cab at the front with ramps and then sloped ceilings leading into a gated 4x4 made up of 6 dino gates and the back end of the enclosed cab. Now in between the 4x4 gated trap contains a giant hatch door/frame. This gives 2 purposes; the 1st is for access to the water pen from the top (however I’m not bothering until I make it again in metal on a motorboat), and the 2nd is to allow big dinos such as Rex’s the ability to stand on the ground when on the shore, allowing you to pull away on the raft so the Rex could phase through it. Spinos can also be tamed in it by opening up a door from the enclosed cab so that it steps on it when climbing out.

I built all of this by blue obelisk but I’m going to be heading to the SW to set up camp and tame some harvest gatherers, and some Pteros to start a line of expendable Wyvern egg gatherers.

• Like 1

I ran across a level 240 Castoroides, and tamed it. Great stats except for the carry weight, so I decided to start leveling that up. I went out to the thick forest near my base, used the beaver to harvest the trees until encumbered, then dropped everything from his inventory... wash, rinse, repeat. Half an hour later, this was the result:

4F37EBD45310AB198CC19E8DE30EE444C1525100

Nothing like a little total deforestation to make your day!

Edited by TargetOne
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

early game is the best, I love starting over @AngrySaltire the longer you play this game the less time you spend in the "struggling" stage, enjoy it while it lasts.

I have played this game for a looooooong time now. Saying that I died to a dilo last night, it was rather embarrassing ? Not sure the last time I died to a dilo.

• Haha 2

Official legacy server pve.

Got a msg about an update in 15 minutes, used 10 minutes on ocd stuff, then cryoed my 8 baby rexes. put them in fridge and waited the last couple minutes to get disconnect.

In 5 minutes servers was back up, logged in and ran around to see if i got it all before the server save, all was good, i got to my cryo fridge and got my babies that i podded.

I had 3 of them i knew was on less than 5 minutes to want care so i took my time and tossed the babies just hatched as they had between 6 to 8 hours before first imprint care, after cryo debuff got of i tossed the first that was imminent of imprint and waited for the next so that it didnt get any them cryosick, imprinted the first i tossed of them and then tossed one more and then lost connection to server, timeout. Server havent been up since.

EA, hmm no it is released hmm is it or are we beta. cant figure what it is, gues i am stupid or!!!!

Ragnarok Unofficial Server

Now that I had built up my usual starter raft base at blue ob, I sailed east to the Highlands with the intention of taiming a few equus as a first tame. Of course I had to get the rockarrots first. So I docked on the coast of the Highlands and made my way to the small crystal cave for crystal (forgot I needed metal tools for this) before making a beeline for the farm to harvest up some rockarrots. Picture the scene, I am sitting there innocently picking rockarrots when I hear the stomping of a giga and this giga appears out of nowhere, dont know how I missed it but I got out of there fast. Made my way back to the raft.

Spent a bit of time working on getting some metal tools together. Ran back to the crystal cave and got enough crystal to make a few spyglasses. Heard some splashing around underneath my raft and theres this 150 wild equus just swimming there. I moved the raft and let the equus move back to shore. I didnt attempt the tame as there was a pack of allos closeby so I left it be. I moved slightly to the west where I saw some other equus and tamed up a couple of lower level males. Was hoping for a breeding pair to produce a few spares but that wasnt an option unfortunatly.

Now that I had a few equus tamed up I set sail to one of the islands on the west coast, the most southerly of the islands on that chain and started to build in one of the ruins. Am going to try and build up a nice base using the ruins as the basic structure. Its a good island full of herbivores and lots of metal but not so many trees for wood and thatch. Think I might need to grind out a taming raft and go tame a thorny dragon and doed next to help out resource gathering. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ragnarok Unofficial Server

Now that I had built up my usual starter raft base at blue ob, I sailed east to the Highlands with the intention of taiming a few equus as a first tame. Of course I had to get the rockarrots first. So I docked on the coast of the Highlands and made my way to the small crystal cave for crystal (forgot I needed metal tools for this) before making a beeline for the farm to harvest up some rockarrots. Picture the scene, I am sitting there innocently picking rockarrots when I hear the stomping of a giga and this giga appears out of nowhere, dont know how I missed it but I got out of there fast. Made my way back to the raft.

Spent a bit of time working on getting some metal tools together. Ran back to the crystal cave and got enough crystal to make a few spyglasses. Heard some splashing around underneath my raft and theres this 150 wild equus just swimming there. I moved the raft and let the equus move back to shore. I didnt attempt the tame as there was a pack of allos closeby so I left it be. I moved slightly to the west where I saw some other equus and tamed up a couple of lower level males. Was hoping for a breeding pair to produce a few spares but that wasnt an option unfortunatly.

Now that I had a few equus tamed up I set sail to one of the islands on the west coast, the most southerly of the islands on that chain and started to build in one of the ruins. Am going to try and build up a nice base using the ruins as the basic structure. Its a good island full of herbivores and lots of metal but not so many trees for wood and thatch. Think I might need to grind out a taming raft and go tame a thorny dragon and doed next to help out resource gathering. 

Grats on the cool 1500 :) 

Days like this makes me glad I dont play official. I feel bad for any official guys in here who lost :( 

Im missing out on all the cool starter action! Haha, i think im going to have to force myself to stay in the early game this time. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Grats on the cool 1500 :) 

Days like this makes me glad I dont play official. I feel bad for any official guys in here who lost :( 

Im missing out on all the cool starter action! Haha, i think im going to have to force myself to stay in the early game this time. 

Ah hadnt noticed cheers :)

yeah... so glad I don't play official anymore.... too much time investment not enough support and too much can go wrong. Amazed so many people still play it considering

Its great, glad I forced myself, even if its just temporary, we shall see. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ah hadnt noticed cheers :)

yeah... so glad I don't play official anymore.... too much time investment not enough support and too much can go wrong. Amazed so many people still play it considering

Its great, glad I forced myself, even if its just temporary, we shall see. 

As if the ARK gods noticed, got some time today.

Logged into TC out of habit, fed the snails and then logged over to the fresh Rag server.

Spawned near Blue Obby, made a quick cloth set and spears before heading off to it. Got there pretty safe, muttered around making and collecting. Got up a starter shack near Salty's then went out killing turtles and making wood pieces. Spent a while just enjoying being a noob. Decided not to grab the crates until I could make my weapons, got a hatchet and a crossbow, very helpful. 

Made my way up to a boat, equiped it up a bit. Tried a bit of extending the boat platforms, ill have to play more with this. Thinking this go ill focus more on boats, might even do a no flier or another modification for a bit.. not sure.

After I got my boat fully stone I ventured out to Highlands. Saltire gave me a good idea, farmed some crystal and made a spyglass. Got some rockcarrot and went looking for a Horse. I read the other post about a giga near here.. I had my eyes peeled the whole time. Got to the farm and was extra careful.. scanned.. nothing phew! Started picking veggies.

You were killed by a Gigantosaurus!

He mustve been hidden in the mountain! I spawned back at my boat, made a sleeping bag and hoofed it back. Im glad I leveled 150 stam and 130 speed early helped a lot! Got near the farm, placed the sleeping bag then ran into deaths' jaws. Managed to lure him away enough and grabbed my body and ran towards the redwoods. 

I scanned all around for about 30 minutes on foot looking for a horse.. managed to find a level 20 and failed twice trying to tame him. He got to close to the Giga area and I ran back. About 10 minutes later I found a level 90! After a botched attempt I tamed it at 80% efficiency. 

Rode back to the boat, farmed some whale corpses and went back towards blue. Grabbed a few pearls as I was going near Pelagornis Cove and had to log out mid water on my raft

• Like 2

I finally ventured out of single player into server land. I joined our friend's small tribe, I make 4 of us. Already decided that I'm too neurotic to stay at the main base or any of their outposts since they are boys and wreck everything. So tonight will hopefully be me leveling up enough to do some serious taming, I still don't have narc arrows so unless someone else is on I'm stuck with a club and a sling shot. Once I get on my feet I'm off to create my own little haven where the boys don't steal stuff off me while I sleep.

• Like 1

PS4 - Single Player - Rag

I've been getting bluescreens  everytime I play on RAG the last 2-3 weeks.  I can play for 30 minutes to an hour normally, an then Blue screen and rollback.  I don't remember it being this bad last fall when I was playing on Rag all the time.

The only change I've made is that I am almost at the tame limit on this Rag map, as this is where I dumped my tames from the Nitrado server I had been renting.  So I am like 588 tames out of 600 spots.

But I rarely blue screen when I am near my tame areas, but rather out in the wild spots of the map. Never the same place twice.  getting frustrating! Grrrrrr

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Single Player - Rag

I've been getting bluescreens  everytime I play on RAG the last 2-3 weeks.  I can play for 30 minutes to an hour normally, an then Blue screen and rollback.  I don't remember it being this bad last fall when I was playing on Rag all the time.

The only change I've made is that I am almost at the tame limit on this Rag map, as this is where I dumped my tames from the Nitrado server I had been renting.  So I am like 588 tames out of 600 spots.

But I rarely blue screen when I am near my tame areas, but rather out in the wild spots of the map. Never the same place twice.  getting frustrating! Grrrrrr

How long has this rag SP been running? Theres a memory leak issue with Rag. Try xferring tames off, restarting map maybe? I know it sucks :( or get an Xbox and join us ;) 

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

How long has this rag SP been running? Theres a memory leak issue with Rag. Try xferring tames off, restarting map maybe? I know it sucks :( or get an Xbox and join us ;) 

Yeah, I might need to move some tames to another map.  Plus now that I don't need such a huge kibble farm, I can start killing off some of the low level vanilla colored egg dinos.

Better yet, I think I will take a bunch of them to a boss battle (Ankys, Raptors, Stegos, etc. .... should be crazy)

54 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Yeah, I might need to move some tames to another map.  Plus now that I don't need such a huge kibble farm, I can start killing off some of the low level vanilla colored egg dinos.

Better yet, I think I will take a bunch of them to a boss battle (Ankys, Raptors, Stegos, etc. .... should be crazy)

Sooo...Xbox? ;) Lol

48 minutes ago, jansenv said:

same. and ranting on twitter and reddit until they add a complete solution to restore tek engrams and solutions - they're giving up halfway from the looks of it.

'outta here with that. Leave that for the other 99% of the forum