So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

The Center - Unofficial Server 

Did a much needed boss fight to farm up element, the element situation was getting a bit desperate. So we assesmbled our theri and megatherium boss squads at blue obelisk and did a gamma run. Took on the broodmother first and then the megapethicus, neither stood a chance, we really need to try and get the tributes together for beta, going to be a pain. Came out with 1.1k of element, should keep us happy for just now.

I also worked on a new pet project. With my mishap with mixing up of all our BPs on transfer I decided it was a good excuse to build a library style room to store all our BPs in, fully PvE things up a bit. So I raised the roof of the work shop and built a library on the second level. Got a design down that I liked, a few rows of bookcases and a study at the front with a panoramic view of the base. D1nk took the lead with the staircase, it took a bit of tinkering but it seems to have worked out really well. 

1 hour ago, Duffmek said:

sheesh! 22k ingots ..... thats insane lol

No doubt the next time I log in, I'll find out that d1nk will have crafted that. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Duffmek said:

sheesh! 22k ingots ..... thats insane lol

And only 150~ damage.. I was messing around with a normal primitive tek sword this morning and with only 150 melee I was hitting 300 per hit, 450 on its Link charge.

I was mostly messing about with it in conjunction with a glider suit. We've almost got the whole tek ensomble minus helmet so im usually wearing legs and boots. (Super charge on land) Was making for some interesting mobility.....at the cost of about an element every 30 charged attacks (1% per normal hit,so 100 hits = 1 element)

11 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

No doubt the next time I log in, I'll find out that d1nk will have crafted that. ?

Oh I plan on it! If i can get even 20% craft itll turn out roughly 180 I might even get near 200. 200 would be 500~ per swing and 700 for charged hit haha

Weeow.. time to get back metal farming.

• Like 2

What a difference a few months makes.

So now im back after months and months away, and now currently solo. What a difference. But ive found myself talking to myself now instead of someone else about everything!

Im still building my base up. Got a basic half decent building set up and did the perimeter wall. thought it was bigger that i would need till i flew up in the air and realised it clearly was not!!!! more building tonight it is then.

But i did find that one of the fellas we used to play on the legacy servers with is on the same server so spend a bit catching up and seeing that he is far better than me at all of this!!!! haha. So, more grinding needed then on to taming. all to build up to decide what animal to raise and mutate!!!! 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 11:47 PM, Gingersan said:

o today i farmed and expanded my base, thankx for the x2. But wasnt able to make kibble nor was i able to farm coal. Should i quit prim+ ?

I started my playing days on Prim+ and enjoyed it for 12 months before moving over to Official PvE. It was good but doesnt get updated enough. 

I would suggest if you arent too far into base building, go explore the Official servers and if you are lucky enough to find some land, then try that out. Its worth spending a few days to see if you like Official as for most its fine but some players prefer other experiences.

As for me, I love my official as the players are all awesome and we share everything.

This weekend due to birthdays, mothers days etc I struggled to get on.

Completed a metal run on Ext - will possibly log onto a new Tek Armour set tonight which will be nice, and then I also hatched all my eggs I saved up through the week.

Other than that, I went and got some Spino sails, and am ready to go collect my Ele from Alpha Brood and Megapithicus as they are holding it for me ;)

• Like 2

Logged unto my favorite PVP where I have a titanosaur base. The game lagged for about 8 minutes and then my console restarted. Tried again. I wake up. The whole building is sideways. Titanosaur is dead I realize. I can hear C4s going off as what I can only assume are the raiders blow their way through the walls trying to find some loot. I panic. Remember secret exit, could it work? F**k it. I sprint for it and open about 10 trap doors in a dark stone maze. C4s getting closer. I make it out. f***ing enemy basilisk. I get knocked out. I die. I cry.

Edited by ElGorrion
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Had a bit of a scare on Ragnarok.  I was on my Argy, flying back to base near Green Obelisk.  After making a clean sweep of loot drops trough the desert and back to the southwest, I was pretty proud of my haul of stuff.  I’m heading north, but started looking for a hilltop to regain stamina when I hear a whoosh and the tip of wings cover my screen for a second.  My immediate thought was it must be a griffin behind me.  No.  I swing my camera around and see a poison wyvern making his wide turn to regain an angle on me.  So here I am, in a dog fight with a faster foe, low on stamina, and inventory full of loot I would like to keep.  I manage to juke a couple poison balls while flying toward ground.  Once there I land under a small overhang to try and regain stamina and think of a plan. Unfortunately, only a couple seconds go by until a poison ball hits me straight on.  RIP character Thor, RIP unnamed jerboa. Before my screen goes black I see my imprinted and mutated lv248 Argy take off after the wyvern: get ‘em Red Wing!  Respawn at base, throw on some backup armor, and hop on a Griffin.  Reach the spot and see Red Wing and the wyvern engrossed in an epic aerial battle of flying in circles.  So I grab my body bag, un-cryo my better Griffin, and send it into battle.  It didn’t take long for the lv90 wyvern to go down, so we made the short trip back to base with ease.

lesson learned: know where the wyvern spawns are. Noob move on my part to think they were only at the northern trench and a few spots in the snow biome.

• Like 2

Continued my Allo line a bit. Got all the new stats into clean 0/0 pairs and along the way got a few mutations. This time for the sake of ease im.keeping all my muts seperate until I want to combine. Made a seperate line, labelled seperate and going to try and continue it right. My first gen of Allos got capped within a few gens

Bred a few extra Theriz and imprinted them, just incase. Preincubated some rex eggs too, same. Organized the breeding room a bit. Cryod most of my extra breeders and sorted them in the fridge. Folders in a cryofridge does wonders.

Besides that just did a bunch of farming, finished off my outpost for the redwoods cave.

Now with our new Library I can keep stuff written down. Will make it easier to keep track of things, built a few metal billboards into the library for lists and called it a night.

• Like 1

Today, I decided to put down singleplayer for a moment and explore into the ominous world of multiplayer?

First, I explored a couple random PVE servers. Pillars, pillars, pillars, oh look, more pillars... and not a plant, tree, or dodo in sight despite me starving to death....... Well that was fun, onto the next... Oh. More pillars.

After deciding I was tired of looking at wooden pillars, I loaded up a couple PVP servers. The first one, nobody seemed to speak a lick of English, which while I don't think other people don't deserve to play the game or whatnot... someone that spoke English would have been nice... so I moved and tried another... Carno kept murdering me outright, but otherwise it seemed really... dead and... nobody was around...

Tried an unofficial PvPvE and found myself getting chased by a rex. And not realizing I was leading it directly to someone's base. I fled that scene quickly. Oops.... ?

So, I posted this thread and am hoping someone offers to pick me up or points me at a good-ish server according to their standards, haha.

Playing on aberration, Moved my whole base from top left of the map to the blue zone all the way on the right of the map on ravagers. raided a tek base that was abandoned with lots of loot. found Flyer eggs in a fridge. Hatched two and got a lvl 210 and a 205 Argy male and female respectively and Now i trade eggs to people for various resources and anything else i may need. Life is good on that server. I'm known as "the dude that breeds flyers" This was obviously not one day but that's what happened so far and felt like sharing.

Edit: Will let you know if anything interesting happens and i promise next post will be a day.

Edited by o0DcSniper0o
  • Like 1

Not too much to report lately. I was off all weekend at PAX East and man am I tired now. Between that and allergy season hitting hard this year. I wasn't even planning to play at all yesterday but I ended up staying late at work so by the time I got home and had dinner, etc I didn't have enough energy to handle much else.

Hopped in the game, logged in underneath my houseboat. This is why I've always had a log off box for my gear, just in case. Wasn't dead but you never know. Got back on, checked on the anky and the trough. Fine on food courtesy of a stacking mod. Cleaned out the two forges, prepped and tallied my ingots. Up to about 2.5k now, a respectable amount.

Also still 2 levels short on the saddle.

So I took the anky out and did a round, got the metal going in the forges.

Then we went around whacking random herbivores so I could stockpile some meat. I had intentionally spoiled and used it all up at the end of last week since I knew I would be away for 3-4 days. Got my meat, split it up and spoiled it and used that to get the 2 more levels I needed to hit 62. Learned tranq darts and argent saddle, made the argent saddle first thing.

Did another round of metal and logged for the night.

In a pretty good position now, I think. What I am going to do next is build another forge and fill that one with wood only to start mass producing charcoal, eventually I'll start stockpiling darts. Don't have any good Longneck BPs yet, which is another reason I need a bird. On this cluster, The Island map is very low pop. so it would be easy to run drops and stockpile blueprints, gear and saddles which is exactly what we need.

Basically, my "progression" such as it is will look something like: buy bird, do metal/obsidian/crystal runs, run Explorer Notes and drops, buy more utility animals, build a whole bunch of stuff.

• Like 1

Still getting my PVP legs underneath me in my new foray into the scary world of multiplayer... Okay, that sounds way too dramatic. I'm on an offline raid protected server, so most of the people are pretty chill unless you attack their stuff. In fact, I had two guys on carnos come up to my beach bob self and wish me luck at one point. At first, I panicked because all I heard was the horrible stomping of carno feet behind me and whipped around to see a toothy muzzle centimeters from my nose. But after I saw it was just a couple of dudes, I cautiously calmed down. If they wanted to kill me, they could have done it within seconds, so the fact they paused to chat said they were probably okay. Afterward, I thought it was kinda funny. The Carno Bros! Didn't see or didn't remember their tribe though... Ah well. The brief memory of the Carno Bros is nice. Your luck was appreciated fellas, just know that the doedicurus and the ankylosaurus all died, along with me, many more times today ? I appreciated the sentiment though! Hope to see you again sometime! Maybe I'll even be sporting a carno of my own. ?

In other news, I'm beginning to think I am the slayer of parasaurs. I have tamed four, and each has died a horrific death. Plus the raptor and megaloceros I had at different points in time. Rip Courier, Pinstripe, Spry, Moonside, and Lucille. :( 

I regrouped at the meager base I'd managed to throw together, and started a new plan of tackling my startup... Only to find myself terrorized by a carno and a sabertooth. Wild ones, mind you, but the saber was level 140 and the carno 50. It was so difficult, so so difficult, but so exhilarating, to have to think outside the box to get rid of them. I had to face facts; I'm fresh out the box at the moment. I had just abandoned many of my belongings after dying far away from home and without any mounts, attempting to go after it would be suicide with nothing. And I was not about to leave my base and try again elsewhere. I had done that too many times already!

So, first, I tried to lure them far enough away so that I could continue my business unhindered. I managed to kite the carnotaurus up a mountainside, but after that struggle, I was very tired and had no extra water or food on me. The saber caught on, and that was all she wrote. Every time I respawned from then on, the saber was waiting. She was beautiful, too, pitch black lv. 140. If I had the materials so far, I would have definitely taken her. But I didn't, and she was essentially spawn-camping me. I eventually managed to get her far enough away that I could scrape together the materials for some bolas and many, many spears before she found me again.

My first attempt at bola'ing and spearing her to death ended with the carnotaurus making a surprise reappearance. Of course he had managed to idly roam his way back down to me! He thrashed me. Once I respawned, for some reason they both took off running (not that that bothered me any), so I grabbed my things and had to try something else. That was when I noticed a bronto further up the cliffside I had kited the carno before...

I got an idea. The carno and saber had separated, so I went after the carno. I lured him back there, but this time, I dove under the bronto's feet. He tried to bite me, but took a chunk out the bronto's leg instead. Sure, the bronto panicked and murdered me as well, but when I respawned and came back... the carno was dead. Easy work. I grabbed my things again, and went to get rid of the saber.

I couldn't kite her to the bronto. She was just too fast, and my stamina would run out, I was sure, before I got her there. So I prepared with a few more bolas and made a crapton of spears, and bola'd here before stabbing like a madman to take her out. I fell just short of killing her and she managed to take me out before I could get another bola off. This was when I had about had it. It had been a grueling several hours dealing with these beasts as it were! This time I wasn't going to let her get away. I managed to grab my things before she noticed me this time, and bola'd her again, and between the damage she still retained from our last encounter and my renewed vigor, I managed to finally kill her.

It felt like such a legitimate struggle. I felt the pull of real survival. The fear of them, the thinking it took to figure out how to get rid of them when I didn't have much more than bolas, spears, and my fists. It had been so long since I've had that bittersweet taste of harshness being a new, lower-level brings. But I succeeded. And tomorrow will bring more success. Or more punishing failure. Sometimes it just be that way. ?‍♀️

• Like 2

an old tribe member logged on the server to join me, but that was about 3 hours before i did. So he ended up setting up shop way before i even turned the computer on!

Turns out, on a littered PVE map, he managed to find a much better place than me! So we decided to stay by him. He logged off and i started building.

Made yet another basic house setup and moved most of my bits and pieces over.

Keeping my old place for now as its the other side of the map. Good hidden back up base.

Got tired and went to bed, ready for another day at work!!!!

Ragnarok - Private Xbox Cluster

So on Monday I had to wipe our Ragnarok server because of the ongoing server stability issues but it lasted 17 months so it had a good run.

I decided to make a new character instead of transferring from another server and will use it as an opportunity to start fresh until end game where I’ll decide to transferring stuff in.

I began over by blue obelisk in the jungle and stayed on long enough to make a little 2x2 shack. No clip means I can really ram stuff in to such a small space and item stacking means I need less storage. As it’s Ragnarok, I completely forgot about the wood crates that contain metal tools and some other handy starter equipment so made good use of those.

• Like 2

Started a single player game on Ragnarok with a Host Local invited player into the map. With the tedder distance set to 10, he can roam well over 1000 meters from where I am. He likes to build, I mostly do outpost and explore. He brought over two Phoenixes during the first hour from his other game through the Obelisk at Jungle 2. We flew over to the water cave nearby to set up camp on a ledge. Getting the first tame legitimately went well with tranc arrows and bola. where we tamed a mid level raptor from below the ridge. The base has expanded to a protected walls with many more tames added including a tickle chicken I found stuck in the trees.

I learned how to tame otters the Parasaur alerted us to in the cave below. He learned that his Phoenixes poop silica pearls and process metal ore far faster then a forge. His otter ate his dead body when he accidentally stepped off the cave cliff. Now, I know why the Parasaur in turret mode flags them an an enemy.

Anyhow, we are really going to quickly build a large installation in the cave via the Creative Mode in Ark. That really speeds up construction given that you now have infinite stats, the ability to fly, all engrams are unlocked, and you don't need to gather resources to craft things.

And, it is still a lot easier to use the cheat command GMSummon "Wyvern_Character_BP_ fire_C" 150 then to steal an egg.  I got my fire, he got a poison that he wanted and found out that they do splash damage at close range when we took on five raptors with them.

5 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Ragnarok - Private Xbox Cluster

So on Monday I had to wipe our Ragnarok server because of the ongoing server stability issues but it lasted 17 months so it had a good run.

I decided to make a new character instead of transferring from another server and will use it as an opportunity to start fresh until end game where I’ll decide to transferring stuff in.

I began over by blue obelisk in the jungle and stayed on long enough to make a little 2x2 shack. No clip means I can really ram stuff in to such a small space and item stacking means I need less storage. As it’s Ragnarok, I completely forgot about the wood crates that contain metal tools and some other handy starter equipment so made good use of those.

Thats funny. I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. I miss the early game

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Thats funny. I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. I miss the early game

Yeah I figured it would keep me playing knowing I’m starting from scratch again but still have the option to transfer stuff in at a later date.

Oh by the way, I’m game for Tek cave soon. My Rex’s have gained 55 levels in cryo since raising them. I just need some heavy farming for saddles.

• Like 2

Ragnarok - Unofficial Server

With the wipe of the Ragnarok server I wasnt going to start from scratch but Salty swung me round to the idea and since d1nk was apparently thinking the same thing I decided to give it ago. Love the early game. I initially spawned in at the highlands with the aim of setting up shop in one of the caves or the lighthouses and attempt to go for an equus tame as soon as possible. Ended up just respaning out towards blue as I wanted easy access to wood and the highlands suck for that. Grinded out a nice raft to call home for the time being before calling it a night. 

• Like 3