So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

(im really bad for parking my tames back.. sorry Saltire!)

Lol And here was me wirried about doing the same thing lol.

Day three of intensive otter breeding, still no luck. Got quiet a few mutations including a double mutation on one but not a single colour mutation. Not even the double mutation got a colour mut, its cetainly the down side of the otter only having 3 colour regions out of 6. Kinda got my fingers crossed that a potential easter event might mae this process a bit easier.

Went to the center cave (on @d1nks advice) and did a bit of exploring on my mana and grabbed the artifact. I havent been in many of the caves on the Center so it was a nice change. I think I might work my way through all the caves and also prep up for another boss fight.

Did a bit more metal and crystal farming at our center cave and skull island. Finally crafted up a couple of tek behomoth gateways and installed them into the water base.

Note to self and others , be careful when opening up organic polymer gacha crystals. I unpacked a few crystals and wasnt really paying attention to what I was doing and accidentally ate organic polymer so ended up commiting accidental suicide in the middle of our base.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Lol And here was me wirried about doing the same thing lol.

Day three of intensive otter breeding, still no luck. Got quiet a few mutations including a double mutation on one but not a single colour mutation. Not even the double mutation got a colour mut, its cetainly the down side of the otter only having 3 colour regions out of 6. Kinda got my fingers crossed that a potential easter event might mae this process a bit easier.

Went to the center cave (on @d1nks advice) and did a bit of exploring on my mana and grabbed the artifact. I havent been in many of the caves on the Center so it was a nice change. I think I might work my way through all the caves and also prep up for another boss fight.

Did a bit more metal and crystal farming at our center cave and skull island. Finally crafted up a couple of tek behomoth gateways and installed them into the water base.

Note to self and others , be careful when opening up organic polymer gacha crystals. I unpacked a few crystals and wasnt really paying attention to what I was doing and accidentally ate organic polymer so ended up commiting accidental suicide in the middle of our base.

Hahah i found this out myself too.. put 'crys' in search bar and no more worries :) 

Got home from work and logged in on the server to get straight to work. First I built a second forge and manufactured a bunch of spark. Then I took the anky around for a metal run. But, the few nodes available here, while safe and convenient, are not enough to satisfy my goals. So we sailed around to Far's Peak hoping for tons of metal and also a bit of much needed crystal and obsidian. We were doing well, safely did 2 short runs, limited of course by the anky's carry weight and also by the fact that I need all resources in quantity, not just metal.

On the unlucky third trip we were ambushed by a level 50 alpha raptor, night fog in dense forest on a mountain slope even with gamma up will hide many things. We might have even been ok except the raptor was traveling with a 90 sabertooth. We fought valiantly and died together, but not before taking down the cat. It took a further 3 strategic sacrificial deaths on my part to recover the anky's saddle and my gear. Nothing that couldn't be replaced easily but it's the principle of the thing, you know?

Either way that definitely threw a monkey wrench into my plans. I retreated and returned to herbivore island to regroup. I didn't expect anything out of it but I scouted the ankys that had spawned since yesterday. Wouldn't you know it but there was a level 100 female wandering around. The Ark taketh, but the Ark also giveth. I got the anky down and taming, did another metal run, then spent some more time on the raft.

Unfortunately I ran into the structure limit almost immediately, dashing my plans for the time being. No matter. I pared down my decor some and I'll be able to place what I want, if I have to I'll change the rest of the design too. I'm not looking to do a ton more, just adding advanced crafting stations and maybe a fridge. Maybe another forge just for charcoal too since I notice darts are also a good currency.

Since I'm going to be away for the entire weekend I intentionally spoiled the rest of my raw meat and farmed up enough narcoberries to use it all up. Basically I just alternated metal and narcos for the last hour or so of my evening.

Now I've got a few hundred narcotics stockpiled...and close to 3k ingots once the forges are done. Not bad for such limited resources, no? That should be enough to get things started for now. I'm going to wait until I come back next Monday to buy an argent, then we'll really start cooking. I will need to pay for delivery, I was going to pay extra for a saddle too but all of those narcotics pushed me up to level 61, almost high enough to learn the Engram myself so I won't bother.

Overall despite the setbacks I think I'm in excellent shape at the moment. Once I've got the bird I'll be able to do all kinds of things and I'm really looking forward to it.

• Like 2

Well.

Im back on. Found my old server, decided to start on a new server so transfered my character over.

Found the new server to be completly and suprisingly nice, friendly and helpful.

quite a few talk on there, they helped me find a spot to build and gave me a few dinos to get on with. complete legends.

So it all starts again.

• Like 2

I logged on to find that an ally I like to play with has lost her account - not sure on the details yet but its upsetting. I again got some eggs ready for this weekend and did a bit of resource running.

Ive a busy weekend so wont get on much but I think I will start the podding of all the dinos that I dont really need out. I will probably leave some breeders and mutated colours out for obvious reasons but Im hoping to reduce our count from 461 to at least 250 - just so many sitting around and taking up eating time ;)

I think I will have a failry indepth discussion with my tribemate to see what we are working towards now as I think we have kind of just been floating the last few months... it would be nice to set ourselves some new goals but Im not sure either of us have any appetite currently expect for our own side projects.

• Like 1

Got on a bit last night, after a quick putter around the base a new (returning)  guy logged in the server. Anyone who logs in around this time always talks, he was as suprised as i was to see someone now (this is mostly an EU server) found out his buddy and him are also from Canada! Hes starting fresh and I offered to give them some starting tames and gear. 

Went into the Gacha vaults and brought 2 sets of decent Chitin, some tools and two apprentice longnecks. Grabbed a doed and Argy I had extra and scared the crap out of them with my Mana. I was boosting to their base, saw them outside as I was at Obelisk height (lol @ manas) and boosted right down in front of em.

Dropped off the stuff then went home, logged. Got on later and did some more base stuff, went Alpha hunting and fed the dinos. Tonight I think ill continue collecting artifacts since we're 3/6 for another boss (id like to try Alpha this time but we will see!) Plus my new replacement Otter, Snowball II is uncryod with a tonne of levels! 

Also need to bring all the blueprints from Island (mind doing this with inventory - char transfer @AngrySaltire? Would be a looot easier)

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah I'll do it tommorow :) Really wish transfering items via item transfers was easier.

Thanks mate! It would save me literally 2 hours between all the loads (and re-loads) Ill probably hop over there tonight and grab some stuff. Id assume its switching over within a month, he did say spring originally.

...Speaking of which.. @SaltyMonkey got time 2 weeks from today (that weekend) for Tek Cave? ;) 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, d1nk said:

Also need to bring all the blueprints from Island (mind doing this with inventory - char transfer @AngrySaltire? Would be a looot easier)

Just did this. Transfered over all BPs in one go but folders dont keep on transfer so now all the BPs are all muddled up opps. Need sorted out...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Just did this. Transfered over all BPs in one go but folders dont keep on transfer so now all the BPs are all muddled up opps. Need sorted out...

Thanks mate!

Productive day yesterday. Started off farming and chatting. Collected a bunch of poly, did a metal run, a few paste runs and tamed a 150 Allo. ThenAllo popped with 366 melee, higher than my currents.

Made some mindwipes, custom foods and then mindwiped and made two pump shottys from our 330 bp. Threw one in Saltire's vault.

Went hunting for tributes, did a bit of exploring then hit up North Snow cave, got the devourer and cunning artifacts. Today im grabbing Brute and Saltire is getting Hunter then were good for another boss run.

Did more allo breeding and now hatched a clean line with better hp/melee. Got a twin pair with HP muts and a Blue body oxy mut from the 50~ eggs i hatched. Next step to combine the stats of old line. Got to be careful because high mut count. Might use these 0/0 pairs to farm various muts.

• Like 1

Extinction/The Center - Private Xbox Cluster

A short one on Extinction. Teamed up with @d1nk and @AngrySaltire to kill my first Desert Titan and do my first red OSD.

On The Center I started and completed my taming motorboat build. Was pretty annoyed though because I couldn’t place any dino gates down on 1 of the sides without placing on a diagonal so was forced to wall it in. After seeing a few posts about people hating on Troodons, I’ve decided to raise an army of them. I haven’t tamed any since I was last on this map on a different play through so it’s pretty suiting.

• Like 2

Right after logging in I went right to prepping for the Brute artifact. Its located waaay in the underwater trench on The Center. Saltire grabbed the hunter artifact then joined to help with brute. We jumped on the Basils and went down to where we thought it was.. took awhile but we finally found it. Its sooo deep down there. Grabbed 3 artifacts and left.

Made a bunch of premade metal.pieces to finish the Ext desert addon then hopped over there. Finished the addition and brought Salty through the desert cave. Once all 3 of us got on we took out the desert titan, then a Red OSD. When Salty logged we did another red OSD. From the 1st we got a JM Mek bp, plus other goodies and from the 2nd OSD we got an Apprentice and an Asc Tek Sword BP. The asc sword costs 22k ingots and 7k poly to craft.. oh boy!

Went back to the Center and went to farming. Did a few metal runs and sat around the gachas for a few hours. Crafted up a teleport, genny and a small outpost. Went to the Redwoods cave to start our next pet project, wanted to get the area secured and a teleport down for easy access, it doesnt impede our actual build nor the metal in there.

Finished this up then went to bed. Today we need to do a boss run, running low on Element!

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, d1nk said:

Right after logging in I went right to prepping for the Brute artifact. Its located waaay in the underwater trench on The Center. Saltire grabbed the hunter artifact then joined to help with brute. We jumped on the Basils and went down to where we thought it was.. took awhile but we finally found it. Its sooo deep down there. Grabbed 3 artifacts and left.

Made a bunch of premade metal.pieces to finish the Ext desert addon then hopped over there. Finished the addition and brought Salty through the desert cave. Once all 3 of us got on we took out the desert titan, then a Red OSD. When Salty logged we did another red OSD. From the 1st we got a JM Mek bp, plus other goodies and from the 2nd OSD we got an Apprentice and an Asc Tek Sword BP. The asc sword costs 22k ingots and 7k poly to craft.. oh boy!

Went back to the Center and went to farming. Did a few metal runs and sat around the gachas for a few hours. Crafted up a teleport, genny and a small outpost. Went to the Redwoods cave to start our next pet project, wanted to get the area secured and a teleport down for easy access, it doesnt impede our actual build nor the metal in there.

Finished this up then went to bed. Today we need to do a boss run, running low on Element!

sheesh! 22k ingots ..... thats insane lol