So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Xbox - Extinction 

Bit of excitement tonight. Teamed up wuth d1nk to do another desert titan kill. We had to do a bit of tribute farming first. We both ended up on gigas going to farm wyvern talons and corrupted hearts in the northern area infested with corrupted wyverns and gigas. I had a dunce moment when I uncryoed my giga in a danger zone whilst I still had cryo sickness. Thankfully we, and by we I mean d1nk kept any pesky corrupted wyverns while my giga was unconcious.

This corrupted area is mental. Corrupted wyverns, rexes and gigas left, right and center, am glad we were both on OP mate boosted gigas, these corrupted gigas were just casually spawning in front of us.

Once we preped up enough, we dashed through the desert cave on manas and summoned the desert titan. We both used lightning wyverns from the get go this time and d1nk had a spare one on whistle to see if it helped out, poor thing succumbed around half way through the fight.Went well apart from that, not one of us us died and I was only knocked off my wyern once, was glad for the glide suit tek boots combo again. Also d1nk had crafted uo extra special stam custom recipes for our wyverns just to help out with the stamina issues. The loot was good, the best being an assoryment of tek bps such tek chest, rifle and railguns.

Finished up the night rounding up my featherlight breeding project. Made sure I had a pair of pink birds and a pair of golds cryoing them and killing off any spares. Got a few eggs from each pair reafy to hatch up when ever.

• Like 2

Finished off my manas in the morning, did a bit of metal farming (trying to replinish the stocks is hard when we keep looting Tek BPs) then I did a bunch of Kentro breeding while collecting gacha crystals.

Once I had enough I mindwiped and made another MC Tek Rifle and some Element Dust food. Stuff is crazy. Prepped up more materials, made more mindwipes and then hopped over to kill the Titan with Saltire.

When we got back I mindwiped again and made us each a nice Tek Armour from the BP we looted..there goes our stocks again! I worked on the Kentros for a bit then took a break. Was cooking dinner while imprinting a 180 lightning egg Saltire gifted me. During I was collecting Rex fert eggs to kill after to level my wyvern. Easy 35 levels. 

Im currently prepping for a solo Desert titan kill (yolo) and trying a few trash dinos I had in my cryofridge as supplement dps for it (shh.. they're probably all going to die) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was a raising/breeding weekend really as I didnt get the time on there I wanted.

2 Gigas finally finished at 100% so thats now 4 out the 5 I started at Valentines... and suffice to say I now have been given 2 more eggs by a friend which are 445% MD - I really cant be bothered raising another one! I will do with mine until I see 500% MD eggs out there.

Continued breeding more Pteras, got a MD mut so now at 499% with only 1 mut - dont think Ill waste any further levels as I am now just after HP and ST. Ive three seperate lines now so hoping these will stack, and I would happen a guess that Ill be hatching at 375 in a month or so from now if I can get all lines to merge easily. I dont know what ill do after that... no point in going any higher or they'll go poof after 450, maybe Ill return to my Allos, but they are only on 280 and Im not sure I can be bothered with those. 

I hatched out a Basi with 24k hp and 361MD, wasnt sure if it had all the stats or not so will check that later after work as it only came out at 255 but they are the two important stats and Im sure they are the highest we have.

All in all, fed everything, harvested a few things but must remember to do an oil run and get some fuel on the go :)

• Like 2

On 3/23/2019 at 9:04 PM, Cymas said:

Well I had a lot to do around my apartment today (read: laundry) so I spent my morning passively breeding in Ark. Got my first dilo mutation! In speed...thanks game. :poop: Wasn't even a color either unless SP is still glitchy about that. Well, at least I got a perfect dilo out of it eventually. Also did some argent breeding, as I noticed a fatal flaw in the bird I raised for Rag; he inherited his mom's 42 HP...and his dad's mere 17 stamina. Yeah, no. So I ended up rebreeding multiple times until I got one with HP and mom's 30 stam. In fact I managed to get a perfect stat clone of mom in a male, so I can use that as my base line for transport birds. Nothing fancy, it's just easier than catching more argents.

Also tamed a 130 thyla just to have one, and found an allo to grab for colors. I find myself gravitating back towards old projects, both mine and my old tribemates'. I think I just miss playing with my friends, none of them play Ark anymore. I've been watching Netflix while playing but I'd rather be having adventures with my tribe.

Decided to work on my spino line and after 5 dead baby spinos in a row I started getting aggravated.

So I did something I've been thinking about for awhile.

I loaded a fresh character up and stepped into Extinction for the first time ever. I've avoided looking up any info on it, just playing from the ground up for fun. I don't think I did too badly, only died 3 times and one of them was my own stupidity. The other 2 were snakes before I upped my movement speed/got a crossbow. And now my fort is high enough that I don't pass out from one bite, which means I actually have a chance if one gets the drop on me.

Spent most of my time in a tiny little area of the map just grinding it out, levels and mats and gear, repeat. Scouted out and found a really nice noob base location, the only issue is the aforementioned and fairly occasional snakes. No matter. That's what fences and crossbows are for. Spent all afternoon and evening building, laying the foundations of my base and building the perimeter. You know how newbies all have their little thatch Bob huts? Well, here's mine:

arkextnoobbase.thumb.jpg.47524330b25eff847c7e4d99bfeb66e5.jpg

Weird thing about windowframes, the snakes tend to get stuck in them. Makes for easy target practice.

You'll also notice my first tame way in the front there, got him in the last 2 hours of my night. A very low level anky, his only purpose is farming metal, thatch and berries. Sadly that still leaves me to farm stone and wood by hand, my resource multipliers are turned up but not to insane levels and even with a stacking mod weight is a constant issue anyway, only to about 250 so far. It's not unusual for me to run 400 or more carry weight because of all the building.

I almost got an iguanodon too but right after I KO'd it what rolled up but a pair of Defense Units. One of them beat the poor thing to death while I immediately abandoned the tame and left the area. Stupid things. Too bad, I was hoping to get a relatively fast pack mule/scout with some potential longevity. I'll be impressed if the anky makes it for any length of time, he was only level 10 wild but was conveniently walking around right outside my gates. I'm piling all his points into melee, no point doing anything else.

In case you're wondering, I'm at about level 53 or so, my exp is actually only set to 2X. I find it's not really necessary because when you're actually playing through the game and not just bum rushing to the endgame, you spend so long setting up your Engrams outpace your abilities. Well mine do anyway. But then again I'm forever incapable of scaling down my builds. I could have but this area fit so perfectly the way it's set up, I couldn't resist.

Just wish I had a doed. Maybe I'll find one tomorrow. Irrationally I really want to tame an iguanodon so maybe I'll get lucky and find another one while working on my build. I don't plan to stay here forever obviously but until I get something strong enough to defend itself or fast enough to escape there's no point taking a lot of risks traveling any sort of distance.

My F&F group has found the same, that no matter what you are unlocking metal structures while still upgrading to wood or stone, and similar mismatches.

Weve turned our xp down to 0.5 and guess what; we STILL massively outpace the actual game, although so far only up to midgame (metal tier) and with our playstyle (pve). Seems the engram rate is suited, unsurprisingly, to the 2x1 pvp type bases.

PS - base looking fantastic so far. 

12 hours ago, d1nk said:

Im currently prepping for a solo Desert titan kill (yolo) and trying a few trash dinos I had in my cryofridge as supplement dps for it (shh.. they're probably all going to die) 

The titan kill went good! Besides a slaughterfest at the start. 

I built a metal platform, 10 pillars high and put 3x turret velos on it as a test.. the Titan spawned and immidiatly started wrecking the velo. Because they aggrod him he lightning'd me as soon as I teleported there, dead d1nk right off the bat. Bedhopped to the tower (made a spawn hut) instantly died again, lightning was targetting the building.

After that I grabbed my supplement squad, a hp boosted quetz and 2x 12k hp argies. I had the argy follow the quetz, quetz following my wyvern. Whistled the quetz onto the titan and the argies followed. They pesterex him up until about 20% hp left when they died. All in all they worked well. Quetz being the best, the way it flew in wide circles pecking the titan drew the flock off me lots. 

When the Quetz died I had a hard time keeping DPS on the titan, damn flock. Killed the Titan and got some Tek Gloves engrams and an apprentice tek railgun bp. We just need helmet and we have a whole set of tek quality armour :) Started a small addition to desert base ill finish this week some time

PS4 - SP - Extinction

Friday Night:

Took my Enforcers, a Piggy, some mid-level Velas and a couple of Rexs out to do a Element Vein run.  We did pretty well, lost 2 enforcers and couple of the Velas in Wave 5. I then Cryo'd the Rexs, and Velas, and after healing up the remaining Enforcers I put the Piggy to sleep too.

Then we ventured north, to an area I had never been to before. We were harvesting a lot of corrupted nodes (to make more enforcers as I had recently gotten 2 really nice ASC blue prints) We were doing well, then I spotted a Giga, low level, so off we went to kill it. Just as we were finishing it off, about 3 more gigas and 1/2 dozen Wyverns appeared.

In a nutshell, sh*t got real quickly. Red death message, after red death message, and we were just trying to retreat, but the wyverns were having a field day with us. Finally the classic ARK "arrrrgghhhhh" was uttered by my character, and I sat there in disbelief. like DILO just happened here!  Then I realized I had a ton of element and nodes in those body bags.

So I spawned back at base, jumped on my best HP Tapejara and had the best Weight Tapy follow, and flew back to the area.  I found a spot that was safe, put down a bed and parked the weight Tapy. Then zoomed in, and would make a mad dash for a body bag, then zoom out. I did this over and over, avoiding the gigas, and wyverns. and managed to collect all but one of the one closest to the mouth of hell. Luckily the enforcers that I had loaded the most of the element on, were the ones that made it the longest as we retreated, so we didn't really have to get back into the middle of that craziness.

Loaded up the Weight Tapy, and then we flew home. Got attached by a few Pteras on the way, but made it home.

I then spent the rest of Saturday out harvest all of the Dust and material needed to make replacement Enforcers. I think by the end of the day, I had killed / harvested every enforcer and lampost  in the city! I finally crafted up one of the ASC Enforcers , and then a MC one with pretty dang good stats.

Saturday,

I took my best overall Tapy out to the desert biome, and tried to locate the tame pen I had used back in Feb, when I tamed my first Velas. But after searching all over, I could not find it. Then while resting and looking around, I noticed a 120 and 140 female not far away. So  off I went to tame the 120.  Well they had patched the Vela damage since I last had been around them, and I was not expecting to get my butt immediately killed by the spikes! So I respawn at home, and jump on the closest Ptera, as I don't want my best Tapy to get killed, plus my body was loaded with taming ammo, and my best weapons.

After playing whistling my Tapy to follow, we managed to kite the Vela away from my body. I then decided that I need to put a bed down. So I went back to the vantage spot I had been on earlier, and noticed a good plateau location not far away. I began harvesting enough to make a couple foundations and a bed. Then I decided I might as well protect it, as I saw a Yuty spawn not far away. So farmed up enough to build a little stone building (I realized that I couldn't made adobe on Extinction). Then off I went to tame those Female Velas. I managed to tame them up without dying (I brought some good armor with this time) and using a pretty safe vantage point was able to  do it pretty easily.  While the first one was down, a wolf came running in chasing a Morrellatop, so I had to get it out of there before it harmed the Vela. Then I decided to make and lay down some spikes to protect her. When she finally stood up, I demolished the spikes and made some new ones,  led her to a safe spot on the edge of the Biome. Rinse and repeat, and I have two nice females.

Threw saddles on them both, and then started searching for a high level male to go with them. finally about an hour later I found a 135 male, and after a lot of clearing out the nearby baddies, I finally got him dropped. While he was taming, (surrounded by spikes) I hear a roar, and behind a Yuty and posse just appear. My Tapy (Happy Gilmore) and I manage to do some dive bombing and evading the roar, and only got scared off twice, before finally killing the whole gang. By the this time, the Vela male was up, and we began the long trip of returning to where the females were, as well as leveling up the male along the way. 

FINALLY we arrive back at the females, and as we just start out towards the new desert outpost, I see a level 140 male walking right by.  I quickly get everyone hidden around the corner and put on turret.

Then I tamed the last male, and led the whole brigade to the new outpost. While reviewing the stats, I discovered that both the lower level female and male had  the better HP and Melee stats, in fact, the higher female was boosted in weight and food it appeared, which are things I don't care about for Velas. Since I had forgotten Cryopods, I decided that I would need to build a bigger outpost to protect them until I could return with Cryopods and transfer them to the main base. So I spent a few hours farming up enough to build a small dino gate attachment to the small building. ( as always, I got a little carried away, and ended up spending more time adding a second floor "landing paddock" for the flyers, as well making the outpost into a functional base with smelter, workbench, etc.

Finally, I flew the Tapy home, and called it a night. (oh before I logged off, I noticed that a pair of my gatchas had a baby, and it was wandering around my base. 

Sunday,

Couldn't sleep again  (bad back injury) so logged in and raised the Gatcha, while farming more lamposts and Defense units to build another enforcer. The parents are one of the Elemental Dust Gatcha, so I was hoping for another, but no such luck. But not a bad one either. This one produces Silicon Pearls, Oil and Metal  if I remember right. I already have another Metal producer paired with a Black Pearl mate, and finally a pair of Organic Poly producers.  I read early on that the pairs need to be separated, so I have Column "fences" in three corners of the base area, allowing them to roam around, but stay away from each other. So I am always running from one corner to the next to gather crystals. (Each pair has a trio of Ravagers I imported to guard them.)

Well that was A LOT of ARK this weekend. Probably doubled my playing for 2019 in one weekend.  I've got a problem with the pesky flying pegos near my base, so I will be breeding the new Velas like crazy to create my own Anti-Aircraft defence.

Edited by Aushegun
sloppy errors
  • Like 3

Xbox - The Island and The Center

Got on a bit late. Went for a quick cementing paste run on the Island in the swamp cave to alleviate the cementing paste shortage we have on The Center. In comparison to the Island its absolutely brutal farming paste on the center. Took the frog and the hyaenadon pack through the cave and came out with about 9k paste and a ton of chitin.

Started to raise up some featherlights and I set up the obsidian and organic poly gachas for a bit. Love how we have a vault full of organic poly still in gacha crystsl form. Spotted an alpa rex just across the crevas from our base so I grabed the giga and went to take it out. It was an easy source of prime meat . Cryoef the adolescent featherlights, I'll finish raising them another night.

• Like 1

@d1nk I kinda figured that, so Enforcers are kind of a luxury thing, at least for the amount of effort it takes to make them. I still want one either way but I think I'll prioritize other things first and maybe wait for a BP from a 150 anyway.

@Oldster Thanks! Yeah exp just goes so fast sometimes. It's always kind of weird having access to advanced crafting stations when I'm over here like game I've barely got forges, stahp it I don't need generators yet.

Anyway after taking a long break for dinner last night I regrouped a little bit and headed over to the green obelisk. It turns out it's very close by and...found about 5 of those "rare" argents flying about. Grabbed a low level one for now and immediately grabbed a 125 beaver that was nearby. Tamed that up and since no doeds were around I started farming for them. Went a few rounds, then learned you can get Scouts. Of course I wasted a ton of arrows attempting to shoot one down, then got annoyed and attacked one with my argent. Believe it or not...it worked. I killed a Scout with an argent lol. Pretty sure it only worked because it got kinda stuck a little bit, still hard to hit. So I crafted it up and now I feel super fancy with my little robot buddy.

Got home a bit early from work today so I hopped straight in to farm for a doed again. Did one lap and popped 3 of them, nice. All low levels but whatever, better than none. I snapped up the highest level one, only 25, and tamed. So now I have an argent, beaver and doed, and the mega can gather thatch for me.

Spent my evening putting together my basic base build. I'm somewhat happy with it but still a lot of work, plus I haven't done anything in the interior yet. Honestly it's probably one of the smaller builds I've done and it's not going to be my main base by any stretch. I'm thinking I'll probably end up with at least one small base in each major biome and then figure out where to build a big base later. For now it does what I need it to.

arkextcitybase.thumb.jpg.ff82a06fb2445c2b15e9890232a19e38.jpg

That's also about all I had time for, so I ended the night crafting some narcotics and thinking about what to do next.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Then we ventured north, to an area I had never been to before. We were harvesting a lot of corrupted nodes (to make more enforcers as I had recently gotten 2 really nice ASC blue prints) We were doing well, then I spotted a Giga, low level, so off we went to kill it. Just as we were finishing it off, about 3 more gigas and 1/2 dozen Wyverns appeared.

In a nutshell, sh*t got real quickly. Red death message, after red death message, and we were just trying to retreat, but the wyverns were having a field day with us. Finally the classic ARK "arrrrgghhhhh" was uttered by my character, and I sat there in disbelief. like DILO just happened here!  Then I realized I had a ton of element and nodes in those body bags.

Is this the area in the north, just to the west of the snow dome? Sounds like the area me and d1nk went into to farm corrupted hearts and wyvern talons a few nights ago. Its absolutely crazy in that area, never seen anything like it. You'd quite easly fight 3 or 4 corrupted gigas at a time and goodness knows how many corrupted wyverns and corrupted rexs. The gigas were spawning right infront of us too. Thankfully our gigas could cope with it.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

I logged on last night (first midweek action for a while) and hatched out some Pteras, nothing amazing and just imprinted on my Argy and Giga. Decided to see if I could find anything to tame but nothing took my fancy. 

Trying to source myself a black and red Allo as I saw one in my friends base... then hoping for a good roll on the stats and see if i can breed it out at the 280 level I have back at base.

Thinking of reminding my builder tribemate to sort out a cryo room so I can start storing all the dinos away... far too many to feed and I would like to start an interior redesign :)

Other than that, I will log on tomorrow night and start looking for new tames to add to the stats I have across the Tappys, Pteras and possibly Sabers again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cymas said:

@d1nk I kinda figured that, so Enforcers are kind of a luxury thing, at least for the amount of effort it takes to make them. I still want one either way but I think I'll prioritize other things first and maybe wait for a BP from a 150 anyway.

@Oldster Thanks! Yeah exp just goes so fast sometimes. It's always kind of weird having access to advanced crafting stations when I'm over here like game I've barely got forges, stahp it I don't need generators yet.

Anyway after taking a long break for dinner last night I regrouped a little bit and headed over to the green obelisk. It turns out it's very close by and...found about 5 of those "rare" argents flying about. Grabbed a low level one for now and immediately grabbed a 125 beaver that was nearby. Tamed that up and since no doeds were around I started farming for them. Went a few rounds, then learned you can get Scouts. Of course I wasted a ton of arrows attempting to shoot one down, then got annoyed and attacked one with my argent. Believe it or not...it worked. I killed a Scout with an argent lol. Pretty sure it only worked because it got kinda stuck a little bit, still hard to hit. So I crafted it up and now I feel super fancy with my little robot buddy.

Got home a bit early from work today so I hopped straight in to farm for a doed again. Did one lap and popped 3 of them, nice. All low levels but whatever, better than none. I snapped up the highest level one, only 25, and tamed. So now I have an argent, beaver and doed, and the mega can gather thatch for me.

Spent my evening putting together my basic base build. I'm somewhat happy with it but still a lot of work, plus I haven't done anything in the interior yet. Honestly it's probably one of the smaller builds I've done and it's not going to be my main base by any stretch. I'm thinking I'll probably end up with at least one small base in each major biome and then figure out where to build a big base later. For now it does what I need it to.

arkextcitybase.thumb.jpg.ff82a06fb2445c2b15e9890232a19e38.jpg

That's also about all I had time for, so I ended the night crafting some narcotics and thinking about what to do next.

How'd you get those foundations aligned well enough to align to the "terrain?" Wonder if you could use climbing picks on the edge...

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Is this the area in the north, just to the west of the snow dome? Sounds like the area me and d1nk went into to farm corrupted hearts and wyvern talons a few nights ago. Its absolutely crazy in that area, never seen anything like it. You'd quite easly fight 3 or 4 corrupted gigas at a time and goodness knows how many corrupted wyverns and corrupted rexs. The gigas were spawning right infront of us too. Thankfully our gigas could cope with it.

Yep. that is the spot.

Needless to say I was undermanned venturing in there. For the time being, I will stay away from the "Mouth of Hell". ?

On a different note .... I keep seeing "rare" argents mentioned .... How are they different from regular Argies?  I've been away from this site for awhile, so I'm out of the loop.

Xbox - The Center

Had a quiet evening chilling while I mass bred some otters in an attempt to produce some mutations. After a full evening at it, the only mutations I had were a few belly mutations just a few dirty cream colours, got very very few mutations overall, a bit disappointing. Didnt keep a single otter. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Yep. that is the spot.

Needless to say I was undermanned venturing in there. For the time being, I will stay away from the "Mouth of Hell". ?

On a different note .... I keep seeing "rare" argents mentioned .... How are they different from regular Argies?  I've been away from this site for awhile, so I'm out of the loop.

Yeah dont go there, thats a very apt name for it ?

I assume people just find argys rare on Extinction? There isnt a rare type of argy.

• Thanks 1

@Oldster  A lot of patience lol, also I often use camera view to help me line things up straight. I probably picked up and replaced the first row of foundations 3-4 times before I was almost happy with it then gave up. That little area is 6.5 foundations wide so there's actually a gap on one side. I wish they either made it 7 wide or 6, but no, let's go 6.5 to be annoying. Well that's ok, I ran some piping along the side with the gap to the water tank that is mostly there for decoration. I have an actual tap inside the base.

@Aushegun  @AngrySaltire  I assume you're talking about one of my earlier posts where I mentioned rare argents. I don't mean rare as in special, I mean rare as in hard to find. According to the wiki the argents that spawn around the green obelisk are rare, like 2.5% spawn chance, so I was very surprised when I showed up to find multiple of them flying about. But I have to admit after a few rounds of clearing that area I haven't seen more than 1-2 since.

Logging in yesterday after work, I don't really have any solid plans or my next goal yet. I did attach a small taming pen on the side of my outer perimeter as that was how I've been taming everything, but my setup was very temporary. So now I have a permanent spot to safely tame utility animals, the bird has enough stamina now to carry or kite that far. Just have to leave my tames on the other side or whistle passive before I start shooting.

In fact, I did that first partly because I really need to upgrade the bird and the doed already. The bird is doing ok on stamina now but with only 400 carry weight we won't be doing any serious farming. The doed is even worse, it can only farm 2 lightposts at a time.

To that end I did more laps around the green obelisk area. The best I came up with was a level 40 argent, but that's still better than my wild 5 so I kited that to my new taming pen and tamed it up.

I'd really like to switch to darts but I just can't manufacture charcoal in large quantities without a forge. I have a modded forge so I went ahead and built that one, placed it...then got really sad because it's an old mod and won't accept scrap metal. Siiiigh. So I wasted 125 poly on it. Whatever, I can at least use it to mass manufacture charcoal and then demo it to get half the poly back. Then I'll probably uninstall that mod and just level up for an industrial forge. Also built my first fridge, nice. Moved the grill outside, don't really need a large heat source right there and it's easier access to dump incoming meats in.

Obviously I know I can find doeds and argents in much larger numbers elsewhere so it's a waste of time to continue farming for them here. Also all of this primitive quality gear is not doing me any favors. Haven't found any alphas yet and there's no way I'm prepared to do any OSDs. I do of course have the upgrade station but I kind of feel like it's a little cheap when playing through a map for the first time. I mean with enough resources I could waltz out into the wastelands for the first time with a full set of ascendant gear and tools, but there's no fun in that. I don't play SP to cheat my way through everything and frankly I'd rather play on a server anyway. But I digress.

I do think the next most logical step will be to travel to a new biome, specifically the Crater Forest to tame my first pair of gachas. I don't know if they'll pop out nice gear without owl pellets but with the dearth of alphas lately it seems like my best option for upgrades with my current level of progress. That will get me middle tier gear and tide me over until I can start running OSDs.

Honestly that was actually the real reason I wanted to craft my Enforcer, because sometimes I get RP elements stuck in my head and one of them is having the Enforcer to traverse the wastelands and access new biomes. Flying everywhere gets boring so I'd really like to advance on the ground until I've explored at least the major map regions. I've noticed I know The Island like the back of my hand, but I cannot navigate other maps very effectively and I think it's because I just fly everywhere, whereas on TI I've literally been everywhere on foot. So I'd rather just travel the old fashioned away for awhile.

I won't be able to play at all this weekend as I'll be at PAX East, so that gives me effectively a week and a half to farm up the mats for this Enforcer. Honestly the only real limitation right now is the polymer because I just haven't located that many obsidian rocks in the city. I have the crystal, metal and oil required, and between the doed and farming runs with the mega I'll have enough element dust soon. I can make tons of paste now too so that's fine. Just the obsidian is an issue. Well, I've got plenty of time to prepare.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah dont go there, thats a very apt name for it ?

I assume people just find argys rare on Extinction? There isnt a rare type of argy.

Really? Interesting. I tamed a Argy my first day on extinction. Couldn't even saddle it yet, but used it for protection and hauling resources. HIGH Level argies seem to be rare, but I did get myself a couple 100+ ones. (Lost a 130+ that flew and dropped into the wastelands, right in front of a Dilo. BOOOO

Edited by Aushegun

4 hours ago, Cymas said:

@Aushegun  @AngrySaltire  I assume you're talking about one of my earlier posts where I mentioned rare argents. I don't mean rare as in special, I mean rare as in hard to find. According to the wiki the argents that spawn around the green obelisk are rare, like 2.5% spawn chance, so I was very surprised when I showed up to find multiple of them flying about. But I have to admit after a few rounds of clearing that area I haven't seen more than 1-2 since.

I won't be able to play at all this weekend as I'll be at PAX East, so that gives me effectively a week and a half to farm up the mats for this Enforcer. Honestly the only real limitation right now is the polymer because I just haven't located that many obsidian rocks in the city. I have the crystal, metal and oil required, and between the doed and farming runs with the mega I'll have enough element dust soon. I can make tons of paste now too so that's fine. Just the obsidian is an issue. Well, I've got plenty of time to prepare.

Ok, I understand now.  Weird, because I see argents all the time near the green. That is where I have one of my bases, and I can usually see 3-4 all the time. I must be lucky.

You can get Polymer a different way, but not sure if you want me to tell you how? 

Spoiler

You can get Nodes from Corrupted Dinos, which act as polymer. That is how I get 90% of my Poly.

PS4 - SP - Extinction

Last night I got on, with my main goal of bringing my 4 new high level Velas back to my main city base. When I left my base, I didn't notice that I jumped on my weakest Tapy. (She is the mother of my best, so they have the same colors) So I am flying down to the desert biome, and I noticed what I thought was an all purple carno. I swing low, and then see it is just a fully corrupted carno. But out of nowhere, a raptor jumps me, and I'm fighting for my life.  I manage to get away from the raptor and run over to my Tapy that is on passive. She herself is getting dilo attacked. I get on the Tapy, just as a freaking Giga comes around the corner. Yikes! 

This is when I realized I had the wrong Tapy, and this one was never leveled in HP, and she was really hurt. So I finish getting to my new desert base, and I spend about 5 minutes healing her up first. I then realized my fire was out, so I ran out to grab some nearby wood so I could cook some meat. While I am heading back to the base, a Yuty comes charging up behind me with his carno minions. Luckily last time I played, I put a column "fence" around one end of the base, and had my Velas on turret mode in that area. Well the Yuty hit me hard and sent me flying right into my Velas. They were quick to rise to their master's defense, and as the carnos and Yuty tried to chomp them thru the stone column fence, they shredded them.

I go back to healing the Tapy, and then I hear another Yuty roar. But thankfully this one is below my location, and cannot reach me.  I watch it for a awhile, and it seems to be stuck. So I get out the longneck and proceed to try and tame it. Finally when I am sure it is ready to drop, it suddenly breaks free, and start running away. I jump on the Tapy, and then spend like 20 minutes trying to chase the dang thing down. Finally it drops, and I am patrolling the area for threats, when ANOTHER Yuty and its pack come charging up. I lure them away from the sleeping yuty and off a small ledge.

Fast forward, and the Yuty tames up. I lead it back to base, and almost got all the way before we attacked by a wild Vela. I thought for sure the Yuty would die, but it managed to  chomp its way to victory. (Was down to 300+ HP !)  Finally get it to base, and safe inside the dino pen I had built last time.

While I am healing the Yuty up. I glance around the landscape, and remember the "lost" dino trap I had made months ago?  Well it is only like 350 yards from my new outpost base! LOL I don't know how I missed it last weekend, when I spent like 20 hours all in this same area. weird!

So I flew over to check out the trap, and I notice  Vela not far off. I scoped it, and it is a male 145! So I then proceed to try and kite it into the trap. Well last time I used the trap on Velas, was before the patch, so I wasn't getting hurt by their spikes.  Now it is different, and this guys was having none of my Kiting business. He just preferred to kill me time and time again. But each time he would get a little closer to the trap. I finally got him in, and tamed him up.

This time I had cryopods with me, so in he went, along with the yuty and the other 4 Velas at the desert base. Then with the Ptera following, I jumped back on the Tap Dancer, and we flew back to my center city base. 

Got everybody unfrozen, woke them up, and put the velas on Turret mode to guard by Snow Owls. The Yuty got saddled and moved over to the middle of the base to hang out with my Tek Stego and Moose.

Looked at my watch and it was already almost midnight.  Time for this old guy to go to bed.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2

Well most of my plans are on hold now because...

I spoke to my old tribemate M and he's interested in playing again. His whole family is absolutely luckless with technology so he's been down for ages with a system that barely functions at the best of times and currently has a fried graphics card. But it's getting repaired so we're going to be playing together again soon.

Of course this means finding a server, so I scouted around and found one with the rates and mods we like, checked out the community and when I got home, joined one of the maps after gifting M with Extinction.

So I'm on The Island again, beach Bobing it up. But not really. This is why you can't really define a set game progression, especially as an experienced player. I'm acting as the advance guard kinda, my plan is to start on this cluster ahead of M and grind up the levels, then transfer to Ragnarok when he's ready to play so we can build our main base together. I'm not going to have a permanent base on The Island, it's just a FOB as I level up and build the things we'll need. However, I'll still need to get my hands on utility tames and all of that.

Enacting plan: merchant extraordinaire.

This is why I love servers and wish I could play on official.

So I spawn in at S3 and got straight to work, grinding it up to level 15. Built my raft and took a calculated risk across the open water to herbivore island. We did get chased by a leed but it only got 2 solid hits in. I've noticed they don't turn that well so you can kind of juke around them a little bit until you hit the shallows.

Landed on the island, went straight for metal nodes. Luckily while there is a base here it isn't blocking anything. Got my first batch of metal going and upgraded my tools while making narcotics. As soon as I hit my goal of 50 narcotics, I made arrows and a crossbow. Scouted around and picked the highest level anky on the island, a wild 80. Respectably midlevel, fine for my purposes. KO'd it, threw on the mejos and forgot about it while I went to work. After repairing my raft and harvesting my first load of metal, I went to work building the raft up. Converting from a basic wood platform to a stone houseboat.

Eventually the anky tamed, by that point I made him a saddle already. Did another round of metal, grabbed some flint for spark and narcos to use up the rest of my spoiled meat. Then I finished my boat build, did a third round of metal and called it a night.

Why so much metal, you ask? Simple. Because I'm not building a permanent base on this map, just stockpiling in anticipation of transferring, rather than waste my time taming animals I'll simply buy them. I asked around already and it seems ingots are a fairly safe bet for trade value on this server. By the time I log in tomorrow I'll have around 1k ingots ready to go, that should be enough to buy an argent since I'm not looking for some super bloodline, just a decent level bird that can carry my anky around.

ntbdhouseboat.thumb.jpg.6a8596b3c374ff5a093e071d0419fe00.jpg

Not bad for a few hours' work. I have no idea what the platform limit on this server is but it's definitely not vanilla lol.

I still have some building to do, I just wanted to make sure I had the main structure completed. Tomorrow's goal is to finish that up, build another forge, maybe 2, and hopefully broker a deal for an argent. I'll scout around for the leed too, it should be gone by then so I can get back across and head around toward the mountains.

• Like 3

I logged in for about 40 minutes last night, got another 6 ptera eggs out and started to incubate them. Will probably get another set of eggs tonight and hatch the lot to see if I can further my 3 mute lines of HP, Stam and Melee. Will probably stop melee now as its 500 base and work on weight as that always seems one I have to put points in.

Other than that, I did a few metal runs, socialised (but have noticed fewer players on recently) and then logged off for the night.

• Like 1

Got on for a small stint last night, was busy around the house so only re-arranged the dinos a tad, cleaned up some of my tames I left laying around (im really bad for parking my tames back.. sorry Saltire!)

Did a small extension to the greenhouse, we need a slightly bigger supply of Stimberries now with this cake recipe.. I love it. Took a few went out on the Mana. Visited the cave in The Center and got the artifact (cool place to build @AngrySaltire check it out if you havent) Killed 1x alpha rex, 3x alpha raptors then went home. Crafted up a bunch more cakes then planted 1x each of the coloured berries incase we need for imprints in a pinch then logged off

• Like 2