So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

3 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Kill a Leedsitchthys ;)

So guess what I was doing tonight then. Thanks :)

Started off by doing a few chores about the base while I waited for the cryosickness to wear off while I uncryoed my adolescant spinos to finish maturing. Wanted to build a few tek behomoth gateways but my tribe apparantly eats metal ingots for breakfast ? Did a quick metal run in the cave next to our base on the mantis and then went out to skull island to do a bit of obsidian farming. Also helped the new person out with a giga saddle for his new giga.

Grabbed my basilo off of the Island and went exploring the Center seas for the first time, to look for leedsitchthys which now drop golden hesperornis eggs on our server. Hunted down about 7 leeds and got 7 golden eggs, should be enough for just now. Also found an alpha leeds and got myself a captains hat, been dreaming of one of these for a while. Looks like I need to start my otter breeding again to make full use of this hat, need to try for my dream blue/cyan otter...

Got back to base and cooked up the eggs into Extraordinary kibble. Bulit a small side building on the side of the breeding barn to breed otters in. It shall keep all the baby otters from running riot all over the breeding barn. Attempted to breed uo one otter but noticed the 15 minute gestation timer and wasnt having any of that at this time of night, so I cancelled the gestation by cryopod. Going to have to breed up a few more female otters...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Wanted to build a few tek behomoth gateways but my tribe apparantly eats metal ingots for breakfast 

:ph34r: Made a few things when I was bored :P Also.. that weird teleport issue haha

Logged on today, havent had the time nor will to login last few days, so thought id make an appearance. As I logged in the new guy was trying to hunt pearls to make his first replicator. I told him if he brings me an Artifact i'd give him the 150 he needs (since we have thousands)  He showed up with two :) 

Decided id do a quick metal run, couldnt find the mantis anywhere.. I looked and looked, went down the edges to look (found 2 of my defence allos lol) but no mantis. Grabbed the other and did a quick metal run. Filled up the gachas and just as I got back to base "Your mantis has been killed by a Kentro~" :( Mustve still been on neutral and wandered off.

Started collecting crystals, did a few other base things then logged off. I'll get motivation again in the next few days, now that weve killed a Titan I plan to do it a few more times atleast. Got some Sarcos to hunt on Extinction!  

• Like 1

Logged in facing a wall.  Took me a moment to orient myself because I didn't expect to be there.  No worries, though; I just turned around and ran up the stairs to the breeding room.  I wanted to check on the eggs I had in the fridge, getting ready for the weekend.

I ran up to the fridge but couldn't open it.  Crap.  Lag.  So I fidgeted for a moment and turned around to try the fridge again, and found myself facing a wall. Took me a moment to orient myself because I didn't expect to be there.  No worries, though; I just turned around and ran up the stairs to the breeding room.  I wanted to check on the eggs I had in the fridge, getting ready for the weekend.

I ran up to the fridge and found myself facing a wall.  Took me a moment to orient myself because I didn't expect to be there.  No worries, though; I just turned around and was facing a wall.  Took me a moment to orient myself because I didn't expect to facing a wall.  Took me a moment to face a wall.

Then I logged out.

Pretty sure I was facing a wall when I did that too.

Not too much to report.

No Ark on Tuesday as I did some baking instead. Admittedly I do sometimes multitask, especially when raising Ark babies, but I just didn't feel like it.

Yesterday I was in the mood to hunt for new tames, but didn't feel like switching to Ragnarok to do it so I took Smaug out for a run. Eventually ended up over at carno island, where I built a small taming pen because I realize I don't really have enough birds. I have 3, technically 4 bases but I only have 1 argent worth using and the low level tek quetz. I also plan to hunt for more than spinos on Rag. Argents can carry almost everything I'm interested in taming there, so I might as well get a bird to keep on the map. Ideally I'd like 5 high level argents; 1 for Rag, 1 for each base and one "spare". Not super fussed with stats or breeding them for now.

Got the pen built, did several laps, and absolutely nothing worthwhile spawned. Blah. Well that's why it's called hunting, not finding.

8 hours ago, d1nk said:

Decided id do a quick metal run, couldnt find the mantis anywhere.. I looked and looked, went down the edges to look (found 2 of my defence allos lol) but no mantis. Grabbed the other and did a quick metal run. Filled up the gachas and just as I got back to base "Your mantis has been killed by a Kentro~" :( Mustve still been on neutral and wandered off.

Ah sorry thats my fault. I got jumped on my metal run and had to whistle neautral. Must have forgotten to switch back to passive after the run... Oh well I have been meaning to clone up a few more mantises so I guess nows as good a time to do it...

• Like 1

I logged in to find that there was a very experienced player creating a base right next to mine out of stone and taking all of the materials. I got attacked by a vulture that chased me inside my base and killed me. My neighbor helped me out by killing the vulture, but also took all of my materials and equipment. So left with no materials and a neighbor who was collecting all the nearby resources I got annoyed and returned to my Hardcore server.

I was surprised to see my half-broken hut and bundles of materials still there from the day prior. I built a nearby hut with the materials and plan to return to the old hut in 2 days to demolish it. I'm assuming that I'll die again in the next 2 days so my plan on Hardcore is to have several nearby bases that I can switch to / demolish as I cycle through existences and try to salvage what I can out of my death. 

I also found something really cool; at Rag Viking Bay there's a cave behind the waterfall - unfortunately there is a dinosaur gate and an owner of the cave, but it was still a cool find. I wish there was a server for someone like me, who just discovered the game and is looking for a new world to stake a claim to but that isn't completely devoid of life. 

This is the only hardcore server and when I entered there was an elaborate base on one side of the bay, so I went to the other side and built there. Only to now discover there's a hidden base there, too. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ah sorry thats my fault. I got jumped on my metal run and had to whistle neautral. Must have forgotten to switch back to passive after the run... Oh well I have been meaning to clone up a few more mantises so I guess nows as good a time to do it...

All good man, 16k shards each. We will need to do another boss run soon :P 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, d1nk said:

All good man, 16k shards each. We will need to do another boss run soon :P 

Guess what I did tonight ?

Decided to my first ever boss fight on The Center tonight. Had to hope across to the Island to raid our artifact store there and I had to run the Pack and the Clever caves as well. Transfered accross my boss squad of 11 theris, 3 megatheriums and yuty from the Island. Teleported my squad to the blue ob for the fight, loaded up the obelisk for a gamma fight and commenced the battle. Took on the megapithicus first, honestly it didnt stand a chance although those bolders still scare me, tales of one hitting riders off mounts worried me even though I knew that had been patched. Then moved onto the broodmother, she went down even faster than the megapethicus. Got the squad back to base and sorted out the dinos looking for the element. In total I got 1100 element from the fight, 600 from the monkey and 500 from the spider.

Took some of the element and turned it into shards and filled up the cloning chamber to clone myself a mantis. 

Then did a bit more featherlight and otter breeding. Got a breeding pair of featherlights so now I can start breeding for mutations if I want to. As for the otters they were a nightmare. Still trying to consolidate all the good stats and colours into even one otter. Nothing but males aswell. Eventually I managed to get a few half decent females which I can use to help speed up the process.

With the addition of yutys into the Extraordinary kibble teir (obviously the update isnt on xbox yet) I installed a few yutys into my breeding barn. Its a bit annoying as I did not design the barn to accomodate a dino as large as a yuty. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be but by popular demand of @d1nk and @Zahlea  I stuck a glass dome ontop of the barn anway. Didnt think I would get it done tonight but here it is. Was this what you had in mind d1nk, was the only real way it would work. Pity the tails stick through the walls...

rps20190321_222606.thumb.jpg.696e94e6227fe7c54a68b7168bd556d9.jpg

rps20190321_222653.thumb.jpg.504b8e0da37c0e078bee69082e2fbdaf.jpg

• Like 5

Much more productive than I expected to be today.

Logged in still at carno island, where another few laps yielded nothing. Feeling somewhat annoyed, I headed back to Pearl Lake and commenced with a small project I had planned; culling all of my now useless kibble animals since I don't need species specific ones anymore. Did keep my megalo simply because she was a pain in the butt to tame.

While sorting out the mess I realized I actually do have a decent argent, in fact she has 42 points in HP. Forgot all about her and didn't see the level with all of the other floaty names. Obviously I'm not going to take raw stock anywhere, so I uploaded her, went to my taming base, uploaded my normal mount, a lower level male with junky stats, then off to my breeding center.

Unfortunately I forgot uploading resets the breeding timer on females.

With time to kill I headed to the spino ranch and sorted out my spinos. Pulled out all of the non stat animals and set them aside for color assessment later. Then rearranged the breeding stock into roughly the order I'll breed them. Obviously I don't want to touch the stats I'm looking for better rolls on, so that leaves stamina, melee and weight. I bred stamina and melee first, given that those are two of the more important stats for this line. Did not get both in the baby, but she's pretty and got melee so I'm going to make her my Rag spino farmer when she grows up so as not to risk any of my bloodline base. Sure, I could use one of the ones in the cull pile, but I like the one I hatched better.

With the baby safely growing under the watchful eye of my two barys, I headed back to the breeding center. I had enabled mating so the birds had produced an egg while I was away. Hatched it out to find exactly the result I wanted, a male with the 42 HP, fantastic. He'll be perfect for carrying all kinds of pesky tames around on Ragnarok.

While he was growing I decided to play around with my dilo line, wouldn't you know it first egg I popped was a 4 stat male, replacing 6 of my breeders. Sorted and bred my other pairing, culled the baby. Then forgot to disable mating and they popped out another egg so I checked that one too. Not ideal but worth keeping as a 2 stat female with one stat I'm missing from the male line. So now I've got 1 male and 3 females, with 2 stats left to inherit. The stats themselves aren't great, but I'm just messing around so who cares.

And that's pretty much where I left off for the night. The argent is nearly 70% grown, I didn't check on her but the spino is probably at least 50% by now. I culled all of the now outdated dilos, leaving just 4 breeding animals, the growing baby and the rare sightings dilo.

I'd say I'm in decent shape now. Once the argent and spino are grown I'll take them into Rag, then it'll be time for another taming frenzy. Aside from spinos I have probably 5-6 general wants and side projects I'll be looking for here.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Guess what I did tonight ?

Decided to my first ever boss fight on The Center tonight. Had to hope across to the Island to raid our artifact store there and I had to run the Pack and the Clever caves as well. Transfered accross my boss squad of 11 theris, 3 megatheriums and yuty from the Island. Teleported my squad to the blue ob for the fight, loaded up the obelisk for a gamma fight and commenced the battle. Took on the megapithicus first, honestly it didnt stand a chance although those bolders still scare me, tales of one hitting riders off mounts worried me even though I knew that had been patched. Then moved onto the broodmother, she went down even faster than the megapethicus. Got the squad back to base and sorted out the dinos looking for the element. In total I got 1100 element from the fight, 600 from the monkey and 500 from the spider.

Took some of the element and turned it into shards and filled up the cloning chamber to clone myself a mantis. 

Then did a bit more featherlight and otter breeding. Got a breeding pair of featherlights so now I can start breeding for mutations if I want to. As for the otters they were a nightmare. Still trying to consolidate all the good stats and colours into even one otter. Nothing but males aswell. Eventually I managed to get a few half decent females which I can use to help speed up the process.

With the addition of yutys into the Extraordinary kibble teir (obviously the update isnt on xbox yet) I installed a few yutys into my breeding barn. Its a bit annoying as I did not design the barn to accomodate a dino as large as a yuty. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be but by popular demand of @d1nk and @Zahlea  I stuck a glass dome ontop of the barn anway. Didnt think I would get it done tonight but here it is. Was this what you had in mind d1nk, was the only real way it would work. Pity the tails stick through the walls...

rps20190321_222606.thumb.jpg.696e94e6227fe7c54a68b7168bd556d9.jpg

rps20190321_222653.thumb.jpg.504b8e0da37c0e078bee69082e2fbdaf.jpg

Impressed you managed to do it so soon :D Just love how their heads are sticking up through the dome ❤️ Although it does highlight how much I want the S+ glass tier to make it into Homestead ;) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Impressed you managed to do it so soon :D Just love how their heads are sticking up through the dome ❤️ Although it does highlight how much I want the S+ glass tier to make it into Homestead ;) 

I was playing at the time anyway and suddenly realised I had most of the stuff to do it then and there. Yeah some sturdy glass teir stuff would be great :)

• Like 2

On 3/22/2017 at 9:29 PM, Zagan said:

Raised some babies, got a really weird neon mutation, traded some eggs, failed to solo tame a tapejara that kept trolling me and a dimorphodon broke some windows. I'm still hating that tapejara.

I.... I am honestly really curious how exactly you were being trolled by a wild tapejara. 

Like this has the potential to be extremely amusing, but is also highly confusing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LadyKunaya said:

I.... I am honestly really curious how exactly you were being trolled by a wild tapejara. 

Like this has the potential to be extremely amusing, but is also highly confusing.

Rare flowers will make certain species attack you for a short but stackable period. Can be useful for solo players such as kiting a Tapejara into a taming pen.

Xbox - The Center

Got the breeding bug again... I have killed so many otters and featherlight  over the last few night in the hunt for mutations, the poor tribe log...

For the featherlights I had combined all the stats into three birds and then bred them like crazy. Got a white belly mut and also a golden body mut too. In the process of combing the two colours together just now, and thankfully one or both had good stat muts too. Still deciding on if I want to keep the green body one I got aswell. Hatched a fair leg muts but I killed most of them, kept a few incase but I doubt I'll use them.

Otter progress is a bit slower, I hate mammal breeding. Took me a while to get all the good stats from my wild male into an otter with all the good colours I want too. Worked my way up to 2 males and 9 females with the desired stats and colours. Dont go into the otter room d1nk, they'll probably mug you or something. Got a few belly muts along the way but I hate belly mut colours on otters, I prefer nice natural creams and whites on them. Now that I have a mass of otters I can now breed intensively in pursuit of a nice mutated one, blue or cyan preferably but I'll see what I can get.

Raised up a spino from my spino breeding project as well as two allos and imprinted on them for personal use. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3

Well I had a lot to do around my apartment today (read: laundry) so I spent my morning passively breeding in Ark. Got my first dilo mutation! In speed...thanks game. :poop: Wasn't even a color either unless SP is still glitchy about that. Well, at least I got a perfect dilo out of it eventually. Also did some argent breeding, as I noticed a fatal flaw in the bird I raised for Rag; he inherited his mom's 42 HP...and his dad's mere 17 stamina. Yeah, no. So I ended up rebreeding multiple times until I got one with HP and mom's 30 stam. In fact I managed to get a perfect stat clone of mom in a male, so I can use that as my base line for transport birds. Nothing fancy, it's just easier than catching more argents.

Also tamed a 130 thyla just to have one, and found an allo to grab for colors. I find myself gravitating back towards old projects, both mine and my old tribemates'. I think I just miss playing with my friends, none of them play Ark anymore. I've been watching Netflix while playing but I'd rather be having adventures with my tribe.

Decided to work on my spino line and after 5 dead baby spinos in a row I started getting aggravated.

So I did something I've been thinking about for awhile.

I loaded a fresh character up and stepped into Extinction for the first time ever. I've avoided looking up any info on it, just playing from the ground up for fun. I don't think I did too badly, only died 3 times and one of them was my own stupidity. The other 2 were snakes before I upped my movement speed/got a crossbow. And now my fort is high enough that I don't pass out from one bite, which means I actually have a chance if one gets the drop on me.

Spent most of my time in a tiny little area of the map just grinding it out, levels and mats and gear, repeat. Scouted out and found a really nice noob base location, the only issue is the aforementioned and fairly occasional snakes. No matter. That's what fences and crossbows are for. Spent all afternoon and evening building, laying the foundations of my base and building the perimeter. You know how newbies all have their little thatch Bob huts? Well, here's mine:

arkextnoobbase.thumb.jpg.47524330b25eff847c7e4d99bfeb66e5.jpg

Weird thing about windowframes, the snakes tend to get stuck in them. Makes for easy target practice.

You'll also notice my first tame way in the front there, got him in the last 2 hours of my night. A very low level anky, his only purpose is farming metal, thatch and berries. Sadly that still leaves me to farm stone and wood by hand, my resource multipliers are turned up but not to insane levels and even with a stacking mod weight is a constant issue anyway, only to about 250 so far. It's not unusual for me to run 400 or more carry weight because of all the building.

I almost got an iguanodon too but right after I KO'd it what rolled up but a pair of Defense Units. One of them beat the poor thing to death while I immediately abandoned the tame and left the area. Stupid things. Too bad, I was hoping to get a relatively fast pack mule/scout with some potential longevity. I'll be impressed if the anky makes it for any length of time, he was only level 10 wild but was conveniently walking around right outside my gates. I'm piling all his points into melee, no point doing anything else.

In case you're wondering, I'm at about level 53 or so, my exp is actually only set to 2X. I find it's not really necessary because when you're actually playing through the game and not just bum rushing to the endgame, you spend so long setting up your Engrams outpace your abilities. Well mine do anyway. But then again I'm forever incapable of scaling down my builds. I could have but this area fit so perfectly the way it's set up, I couldn't resist.

Just wish I had a doed. Maybe I'll find one tomorrow. Irrationally I really want to tame an iguanodon so maybe I'll get lucky and find another one while working on my build. I don't plan to stay here forever obviously but until I get something strong enough to defend itself or fast enough to escape there's no point taking a lot of risks traveling any sort of distance.

• Like 3

Got on a bit tonight! 

Straight away I had plans to make that Tek Rifle MC blueprint we looted from last weekend's Red OSD. Set up 2 poly gachas, a crystal gacha and did a few stone runs, then a big metal run. About an hour later I crafted it, 28% skill bonus so 160% dmg tek rifle. Its pretty useful! 

Bred an otter for caves and two featherlights. Got the baby I wanted, the Gold mutation colour and white belly. Took my otter once grown, a rock drake and hit up East Lava cave. It was easy beside the start, I was wondering why I couldnt walk over this clump of rocks.. turned on.my tek helmet and not rocks.. snakes! Mustve been 50 artho, titanboa, spiders etc all clumped up at the invisible flier wall. My tek saddle made quick work.

On my way back withea each artifacts ( 2x ea on otter 1x ea on myself) I fell into some Lava. I managed to survive but my otter died. All otters I breed now are named Snowball. 

Went back home and saw a 140 Kentro, then thought why not. Tamed it. Went on a kentro hunt for awhile after tamed 2x 140 females and a 140 male. Took Saltires kentro out and bred them all to combine the good stats. Took about 20 eggs but got a pair with the stats between them. Ill finish that tomorrow.

Hopped over to Extinction and grabbed the mating mana pair. I need to start collecting all the damn tributes for atleast beta (though would like to do Alpha just for implant addition) I figure the mana combined with our great saddle.bp will make quick work of that. Tried it on my Wyvern today and it wasng as smooth. 

Letting the manas get a few imprints then heading to bed. @AngrySaltire I should be on when you're off tomorrow if you wanna attempt another Red osd or titan kill for blueprints. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Center - Xbox Private Cluster

After learning that 1 element dust gives 2.5 per stat in custom recipes, I mind wiped and put 100 levels into crafting. Popped a focal chillie and made 2 new custom recipes; tek cake (10 dust), and tek shake (5 dust). I’ll be popping on to Extinction later so I’ll transfer the recipes to that map since element dust is so easy to obtain there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Bred an otter for caves and two featherlights. Got the baby I wanted, the Gold mutation colour and white belly.

I might nick that bird for a bit to breed up a few breeders for the colours. Hopefully it got the stat mut any way, cant remeber which off the top of my head.

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Letting the manas get a few imprints then heading to bed. @AngrySaltire I should be on when you're off tomorrow if you wanna attempt another Red osd or titan kill for blueprints. 

Yeah I'd be up for a red OSD or another titan kill. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I might nick that bird for a bit to breed up a few breeders for the colours. Hopefully it got the stat mut any way, cant remeber which off the top of my head.

Yeah I'd be up for a red OSD or another titan kill. 

Good thing I cloned my imprinted bird for that exact reason for you! :D 

Its only missing the 381 melee from your 254 hatch

• Like 1

The adventure continues...

I decided to start my day venturing out to explore a little bit. The low level anky is only for farming and ankys are slow anyway so I left him at base. Found a higher level anky but it seems like every time I see something I want to tame, Defense Units come rolling up out of nowhere and wreck them all. Sigh. Went a little further afield and score, found a pair of trikes. One was only 15, but the other was 70. I decided to just go for it. With creative terrain usage I killed the low level off and got the higher level female down. Once she tamed up nice we went home, punting a couple of snakes just because they deserve it.

A low level ptera landed right outside my walls at that point, so I went ahead and downed that too. Unfortunately a snake wrecked it and I almost lost the tame. Ptera stood up with only 2 bonus levels, already being low it almost wasn't worth it. But I was at a point where I needed oil and, having not done any research, we set out to cautiously explore for oil nodes.

Didn't find any so I eventually looked it up on the wiki and learned that Enforcers and Defense Units will drop oil. Ok then. I almost felt bad killing my first Enforcer, it wasn't doing anything to me after all. But then I picked up a blueprint and realized I can craft my own. Game on. We merrily farmed Enforces and Defense Units after that, the trike making quick work of them. But then disaster struck in the form of getting blindsided by an enraged Megatherium, which made short work of both of us.

By the time I ran back out there on foot to retrieve my stuff, the Mega was calm. I wasn't, but hey that's #arklife you know? But since I'm always scouting around, I already knew there was a level 80 trike near my base, and close by the murder scene was a 95 anky. It was in a safe enough area so I KO'd it, ran back to base and KO'd the trike, then when the new trike tamed went back to the anky. Bold and a little risky I know.

Used the trike as a pack mule and took the anky around farming on the way to collect up metal, crystal and element dust. Got back to base, offloaded, and took the anky out on a long run to level up and smash more Enforcers and Defense Units. Eventually got a Mastercraft Enforcer blueprint, yay. But polymer is going to be tough. I took the ptera out for a bit and found 3 obsidian rocks, but I'll need more.

Also need a lot of paste but both chitin and stone were in short supply. Eventually went out and grabbed a low level mega and on our way back we found a 125 Enforcer. Ascendant blueprint. Score! But look at those crafting requirements...

Took the mega around, it was only 15 wild but man that bug boost is amazing. I've actually never tamed or used one of these before. Quickly concluded it would be worth getting a better one. Walked around the corner and into a 120. Well then. It took some quick thinking and crafting but we got her down and tamed up. Then I went running around smashing pretty much everything and exploring a bit. By the time we got back to base I had way more than enough chitin for paste, but nowhere near enough obsidian. Fortunately a 125 ptera was flying around near my base, got it down and tamed, and went out to find more obsidian rocks.

Found a bunch and realized this city is way, way bigger than I thought it was, with a lot more animals. Was surprised to see a bunch of megalania and even a sleepy megalo in the city's depths, and saw my first Extinction-exclusive animal live for the first time, Gasbags. Not sure what to make of them honestly. On our way back, the long flight and mental notes I took made me wish I had an argent. It's such a long walk to get the anky down to the metal and obsidian rocks. I could move, but I like the base where it is, and I really would like a doed if I'm going to build more.

The scale of the city is huge, but I'm starting to lose focus and feel constrained by the area. Obviously building an Enforcer isn't exactly the best use of my time, and I have no idea if they're even worth it or if it's more of a luxury I should wait to get later. I can get around and defend myself relatively easily now, but without utility animals my options are limited.

I guess I'll just putter around the base for now while I think about my next move.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Cymas said:

The adventure continues...

I decided to start my day venturing out to explore a little bit. The low level anky is only for farming and ankys are slow anyway so I left him at base. Found a higher level anky but it seems like every time I see something I want to tame, Defense Units come rolling up out of nowhere and wreck them all. Sigh. Went a little further afield and score, found a pair of trikes. One was only 15, but the other was 70. I decided to just go for it. With creative terrain usage I killed the low level off and got the higher level female down. Once she tamed up nice we went home, punting a couple of snakes just because they deserve it.

A low level ptera landed right outside my walls at that point, so I went ahead and downed that too. Unfortunately a snake wrecked it and I almost lost the tame. Ptera stood up with only 2 bonus levels, already being low it almost wasn't worth it. But I was at a point where I needed oil and, having not done any research, we set out to cautiously explore for oil nodes.

Didn't find any so I eventually looked it up on the wiki and learned that Enforcers and Defense Units will drop oil. Ok then. I almost felt bad killing my first Enforcer, it wasn't doing anything to me after all. But then I picked up a blueprint and realized I can craft my own. Game on. We merrily farmed Enforces and Defense Units after that, the trike making quick work of them. But then disaster struck in the form of getting blindsided by an enraged Megatherium, which made short work of both of us.

By the time I ran back out there on foot to retrieve my stuff, the Mega was calm. I wasn't, but hey that's #arklife you know? But since I'm always scouting around, I already knew there was a level 80 trike near my base, and close by the murder scene was a 95 anky. It was in a safe enough area so I KO'd it, ran back to base and KO'd the trike, then when the new trike tamed went back to the anky. Bold and a little risky I know.

Used the trike as a pack mule and took the anky around farming on the way to collect up metal, crystal and element dust. Got back to base, offloaded, and took the anky out on a long run to level up and smash more Enforcers and Defense Units. Eventually got a Mastercraft Enforcer blueprint, yay. But polymer is going to be tough. I took the ptera out for a bit and found 3 obsidian rocks, but I'll need more.

Also need a lot of paste but both chitin and stone were in short supply. Eventually went out and grabbed a low level mega and on our way back we found a 125 Enforcer. Ascendant blueprint. Score! But look at those crafting requirements...

Took the mega around, it was only 15 wild but man that bug boost is amazing. I've actually never tamed or used one of these before. Quickly concluded it would be worth getting a better one. Walked around the corner and into a 120. Well then. It took some quick thinking and crafting but we got her down and tamed up. Then I went running around smashing pretty much everything and exploring a bit. By the time we got back to base I had way more than enough chitin for paste, but nowhere near enough obsidian. Fortunately a 125 ptera was flying around near my base, got it down and tamed, and went out to find more obsidian rocks.

Found a bunch and realized this city is way, way bigger than I thought it was, with a lot more animals. Was surprised to see a bunch of megalania and even a sleepy megalo in the city's depths, and saw my first Extinction-exclusive animal live for the first time, Gasbags. Not sure what to make of them honestly. On our way back, the long flight and mental notes I took made me wish I had an argent. It's such a long walk to get the anky down to the metal and obsidian rocks. I could move, but I like the base where it is, and I really would like a doed if I'm going to build more.

The scale of the city is huge, but I'm starting to lose focus and feel constrained by the area. Obviously building an Enforcer isn't exactly the best use of my time, and I have no idea if they're even worth it or if it's more of a luxury I should wait to get later. I can get around and defend myself relatively easily now, but without utility animals my options are limited.

I guess I'll just putter around the base for now while I think about my next move.

Enforcers are very weak. To give you an idea.. ive made 3 now, 140-149 (they drop weird ratings) 2x asc and a MC. All 3 werent over 1.5k hp base (and 100% hp on each one on Blueprint) 

They are wicked fast, have good weight and are very mobile. Think of them as a lone Ravager. You can pack stuff far, fight enough to not worry a bunch and are extremely mobile. The bonus damage to corrupted is meh.. you wouldnt use one for a hard OSD, probably for a quick blue or yellow though :) ( keep snow owls near to heal it..) 

* edit. I will note my first hlvl enforcer craft got killed on its maiden voyage by a pack of 3 raptors, they kept me pinned and easily took out the 1.5k hp

Edited by d1nk
  • Sad 1