So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Thanks @d1nk something about Ark always pulls me back in after awhile.

Creative mode is pretty awesome. I decided after 4k+ hours I don't need to grind it all back again so I'm using that to construct a giant Tek-tier breeding facility. The Island has always kind of been my home map but there's really not much left here for me to explore. So I might as well take advantage and turn it basically into a giant base of sorts, by which I mean I'm just going to go ahead and build whatever comforts I desire with no limits, all creative mode. I can always go adventure on the other maps as I please.

Honestly the area I'm building is about the flattest part of this map I've ever seen, really glad I chose this spot even though it's somewhat out of the way. I had to spawn in a Tek transmitter so I could move one of my brontos in to clear it all out, it used to be a heavily forested hill. Now it's an immense platform surrounded by a lower tier of gates and autoturrets so I don't have to worry about anything while I build. By the time I'm done I should be able to comfortably fit even gigas in here.

I'm about half done with the main structure now, I always end up taking so much extra time messing with fiddly design details that matter to basically no one but myself. Even moreso now in SP. I just hate box bases and behemoth gate rings. I see no reason to have an ugly base, I mean sure it's easier but if I'm going to be staring at it for many many hours I want to make sure it's at least nice to look at.

• Like 4

PS4 - The Island.

I managed to build the platform on one big tree. I also put 4 taps on it. Now I got sap. I got some honey from the wild. Got bitten and chased by bees. They sting hard. Made some cakes. Swamp areas are dangerous like hell. Things go wrong really fast. There are 2 types of crocodiles there that are extremely dangerous and big snakes and leeches. A lot of aerial reconnaissance required before landing. Had to renovate base as 2 fridges were sticking out of the wall which look weird. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, d1nk said:

Just got home, tried to login and still getting kicks like crazy.. im going to try and remove that building I did (which is actually the exact as kibble barn, saw that for the first time last night.. love it fyi) and see if that helps. Realistically we dont have much in the base - dinos or building pieces wise..I dont know whats causing all the login fails.. turrets maybe?!

Honestly I have no idea whats causing it, its started to kick me off upon login but only does it the once. The only though I have is the stone platforms but those have been up for a bit already. I could always try removing my small hut build next to the breeding barn aswell to see if it helps.

5 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Honestly I have no idea whats causing it, its started to kick me off upon login but only does it the once. The only though I have is the stone platforms but those have been up for a bit already. I could always try removing my small hut build next to the breeding barn aswell to see if it helps.

No dont do that.. i have hunches and im slowly testing them.

I removed the building I had outside our base, fiddled with a few things, moved a tek gen (I had a feeling overlapping tek bubbles affected it) and last night logged in after only 1 DC, uniform with other maps

Im starting to think its Tek pieces (doors, bridges, gen etc) but really.. I have no idea. I lived in a base with over 500 dinos, 2 building limits reached and so much other on official and it was fine. 

Last night besides tweaking with the base I did a few random things around, then started a build down in the under ice area, near ice palace. I figure a good spot for a public teleport, penguins, gacha spawn there etc. Tried my hand at a few circular buildings and settled on a oval one. Going to build this base with actual walls for once. Good practice for when Ragnarok opens back up! 

This weekend @AngrySaltire want to hit some reds and try to get some more tek grams? Maybe kill a titan? 

6 hours ago, d1nk said:

No dont do that.. i have hunches and im slowly testing them.

I removed the building I had outside our base, fiddled with a few things, moved a tek gen (I had a feeling overlapping tek bubbles affected it) and last night logged in after only 1 DC, uniform with other maps

Im starting to think its Tek pieces (doors, bridges, gen etc) but really.. I have no idea. I lived in a base with over 500 dinos, 2 building limits reached and so much other on official and it was fine. 

Last night besides tweaking with the base I did a few random things around, then started a build down in the under ice area, near ice palace. I figure a good spot for a public teleport, penguins, gacha spawn there etc. Tried my hand at a few circular buildings and settled on a oval one. Going to build this base with actual walls for once. Good practice for when Ragnarok opens back up! 

This weekend @AngrySaltire want to hit some reds and try to get some more tek grams? Maybe kill a titan? 

Cool. I wont do that. Hope its not the tek, we have so much tek and I love tek doors haha. 

Didnt really do much tonight, again was late on. Finished up raising the kibble theris and got them into the kibble barn. The male is acting as a guard aswell as the mate boost for the females. 

Got to ask what the deal with the tek dedicated storage is. I know how to work tge basics but when mucking around in the UI with one, I managed to dashboard myself when clicking on the stack icon trying to work out what it did lol...

Yeah I would be up for a red OSD this weekend, gutted that I worked out that each tek bp has a craft limit lol. What titan are you thinking off ? Desert titan with manas ?. I more than likely wont be on tommorow as I am out all day and probably the evening too. I should be on on sunday after work usual time.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Cool. I wont do that. Hope its not the tek, we have so much tek and I love tek doors haha. 

Didnt really do much tonight, again was late on. Finished up raising the kibble theris and got them into the kibble barn. The male is acting as a guard aswell as the mate boost for the females. 

Got to ask what the deal with the tek dedicated storage is. I know how to work tge basics but when mucking around in the UI with one, I managed to dashboard myself when clicking on the stack icon trying to work out what it did lol...

Yeah I would be up for a red OSD this weekend, gutted that I worked out that each tek bp has a craft limit lol. What titan are you thinking off ? Desert titan with manas ?. I more than likely wont be on tommorow as I am out all day and probably the evening too. I should be on on sunday after work usual time.

I also dashboard every time with TDS, must be an issue with stack config. Yeah noticed the craft limit awhile ago :( Only got 5% on my tek legs, was going to remake but then saw 'Crafts Left: 2' and let it be. On that note - repaired my legs last night and two things: 1) Doesnt cost element as known before 2) Costed next to nothing. 50 poly, 60 crystal.. the legs were at 50% dura. Previous in a thread I heard tek armour pieces cost the whole amount to repair - relieved.

Dont know which Titan yet.. I hear forest is easy to kill but honestly havent done anything related to Titans. I was thinking a shoot-able mount (griffin) with a bad arse gun. Got that 425% premade pump and a 350+% assault rifle BP (plus a nice fab sniper premade sitting around)

The load in issues seem to be as usual, only one DC like before. Mustve been the overlapping Tek Gen bubbles.

Tamed this guy. Playing on Rag near the wyvern's trench, I set up some metal dino door frames to close off the cravasse with the river flowing through it. Then picked up a dino and led this guy (lvl 145) over the edge of the crevasse above. 

Lvl 216 after taming. Base melee after tame was 160%, spent the first few leveling points getting him to 200%. 

Now to find & tame a high lvl female...

20190315171520_1.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/15/2019 at 12:28 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

South east part of that map near green obelisk? A couple tiers, with ramps leading up to it?

Yep, that's the spot. The area is a little small for a large scale base (even on SP I'm incapable of scaling down my builds lol) but perfect for one large facility. Flat, easy to protect, accessible.

Speaking of, my breeding base is now basically done, the main structure at least. Not one of my best builds but it'll serve well enough. Honestly I feel the same way about my already built taming base, which has a few issues I haven't rectified yet. I might do a Tek overhaul of that or at least add a few conveniences. Nothing beats a transmitter for moving fresh tames quickly.

And now I just need to decide on a breeding project. The longer I play the less interested I am in the standard combat mounts, honestly. I mean I still love my spinos and will breed them forever, but man does it get dull farming rexes/theris over and over again. I do like the post-TLC rex a lot better but I'm still not super fond of the model, and I like theris mainly for being the main non-rex boss viable option.

I was going to breed pelagornis until I realized how intensely boring their model is, with only two color regions. So much for my semi-aquatic theme. I rarely get them so I really, really like color mutations, and I also do a lot of natural color breeding so animals with lots of color regions and base colors are much more interesting to me.

It's insane but I'm almost seriously considering breeding dilos just for fun. I mean they're useless as tames but so easy to find and tame and they have tons of colors to play with, plus all color regions. Add some mutations into the mix and I could make some really fun color morphs.

• Like 4

Got on TC first and did a quick metal run, then to Skull Isl for an obs run, made up some poly then hopped over to The Island. I went to go look for those Tek Boot blueprint and to transfer over some blueprints. When I got there I searched the blueprints (later found the boot bp on TC lol) and decided instead I would make a few saddles. Mindwiped and crafted two Mana saddles. Both came.out 100+ arm, made two incase Saltire doesnt have one for his Mana, otherwise for my backup if he does.

Went back over to TC, did another obaidian run, paste run, stone, wood, etc. Crafted a bunch of premade stone then flew down to my Ice Palace spot to finish the base. Did a butcher job making walls then installed the tek teleport. Went to the ice palace twice for poly, yielded over 1k organic. Got back to base and mindwiped, crafted Tek Boots (35%) and a 350 fabricated sniper bp, got 391. Queued some more poly then went over to check out Salty's new addons for his base. Traded a bunch of allo eggs for a couple of his Giga egg then hopped to Extinction to drop em off and then logged.

Currently im incubating two giga eggs and a 3rd for SaltyMonkey that ill raise for him (aftrr he imprints - yay for tribe imprints)

• Like 2

Spent much of yesterday collecting animals. Mostly dilos. I have the rare sightings mod installed and one of them happened to be a dilo, so I went and grabbed it. Stats weren't that great, in fact it's already been completely outclassed by some of the other dilos. Yes, I am hunting high level dilos, you could say it's my breeder pride showing. I love high level animals, no matter the breed.

I also added a small taming pen to the side of my breeding facility and started collecting iguanodons to breed. And since my base is all Tek, I'll be collecting tek animals for various projects also, I already have multiple tek paras. I still need to find that high level tek raptor that killed me ages and ages ago, it may think I forgot but I did not, I intend to tame it as punishment for killing me lol.

Also brought back some very old, very familiar faces. I've had some animals uploaded in the obelisk for a very, very long time but now that I've made myself a basically permanent home on a SP map it was time to bring them down. I kind of regret not uploading more. I have 3 of my old tribemate Asta's prize tames, he gave me permission to take them when our server underwent one of its multiple wipes. I have his favorite ptera Venom, his perfect tamed real albino rex Seleene, and the first giga ever tamed on our server, Mocha. These animals have some great memories attached to them.

I also brought down some animals that have a great deal of personal meaning to myself. As you can imagine, they're mostly spinos. I had uploaded several as I was in the middle of my first spino color morph breeding project when the server wiped. I also had one with base colors I can use for a planned "Alpha Spino" color morph.

And finally, I brought him back home. Smaug, the spino who was once the king of a server. He may very well be one of the oldest spinos still extant in this game. I tamed him before the first big dino stat nerf, when all tames had much beefier stats. He used to have over 30k HP and fought toe to toe with a level 100 alpha rex to emerge triumphant. He was a perfect tamed 120 with dossier spino colors. The level cap was 120, breeding wasn't in the game yet (neither were gigas), and he had at one point the original spino base stats. That's how old this spino is. I realize now every spino I've ever bred since then has been an attempt to recreate my memories of Smaug, so I decided it was time to bring the big guy himself out of retirement.

Sadly the model update has changed his colors to be less impressive. My profile's cover photo is Smaug, how he used to look. Now he's mostly charcoal and his gorgeous gold is more bronzed. But you know what, while it's not generally my thing I can adjust my "headcannon" to say that the change occurred as a result of his age. You bet I've been taking him everywhere again even though he's technically outclassed and has been for years. Doesn't matter, he's still the reigning champion of The Island to me. And since I have Smaug himself, I can breed a new spino with updated stats and his colors. Never as a replacement for him of course, but he has to pass the torch eventually. But even with his ruined stats (that were unfixable after the nerf) he is still an absolute force to be reckoned with. I never even gave him any speed levels because every point I had went into making him stronger with HP, melee and stamina.

And honestly bringing him back has reminded me of all the spinos I wanted to breed, I once had plans for dozens of projects. I think I'll be setting up my spino breeding ranch again in the very near future. A large collection of spinos simply will not fit in this area. You haven't seen a spino army until you've seen mine lol. It's really too bad I can't maintain on an official server, I would have loved to really get into the trading game with my spinos. I made an attempt but it's just too much work for the scale I would need, plus all of the issues with tame caps and tribe limits, etc. You think I can't tame/breed 500 spinos, oh I definitely can...

I'm just going to settle for making a gallery of my color morphs to share as I progress. I'll do it for my other breeds too.

Today's plans are just going to be more animal collecting, probably. The nice thing about the S+ Tek transmitter is the dino scanner, I make extensive use of it, no shame. It's not like I don't still have to go out and clear entire regions to spawn new animals in, it's just easier to see when I need to.

• Like 2

Started the morning (and afternoon) with raising Gigas. I pre incubated 3 eggs, two for me one for SaltyMonkey and they popped twins one egg, we got a mating pair each. Same melee as Saltire's giga eggs but more hp / melee.

Half way through DJ came and relieved me from imprint duty, had to go to the store. He watched them from there on out. Between imprints I was raising Gacha. Finally popped an Organic Polymer one!

Hit up the Desert cave while DJ was imprinting. First went in with 2 rexs, after the first rubble golem I switched to Mana and ran the whole thing. After our Gigas DJ and I went and did the ice cave to level our gigas. Went well. DJ logged after and I found myself a Red OSD. Popped both gigas, was going great. On wave 4/5 I was clearing the last 3 dinos out when.. kick. I got back on to an enraged trike attacking me...and the red drop gone. What a waste of 30 mins

Did some more base stuff then went to TC. Cloned the poly gacha, then went to tame some more by the ice palace. First one tamed was an organic poly, go figure.

Set those up, gathered over 3000 organic poly and made a shotgun :P Helped a new guy on the server with a bunch of leftover dinos and blueprints I had extra of. Got rid of lots of my outdated tames on The Island gave em to him.

After I went to rag to do a wyv egg run, came out with 2x 155 lightning eggs and a 170 poison. Hatched the 155 on extinction while making a new desert teleport above the Cave. A whole day crammed into a few paragraphs haha.

Today Saltire and I plan to kill the Desert Titan. Been collecting artifacts and tribute for that.

• Like 2

Lol just realised one the guys on here is in the same server I'm on and the even funnier thing is, is that we usually party up and hit the banter. Small world. 

Killed an Alpha Trex, killed 3 alpha raptors and hit all the notes making me rise from lvl70 to lvl74. Going to hunt the alpha mossa tonight. And this is all on a NoTek-NoTaming server

Xbox - Extinction

Fun night tonight. Started of by hunting down some Red OSDs with d1nk. Eventually watched one come down as about as far south south as you can get on the map. It was a bit risk for using unridden gigas, if we didnt keep a tight enough leash we'd lose them off the cliffs. We started off with just two gigas, each of us on one. About half way through d1nk risked it an uncryoed a giga for a spare and risked losing it over the edge, which thankfully it didnt do. Thankfully we got through the red OSD very smoothly, didnt feel like 5 waves. Best loot we got was an mc tek rifle bp. 

We then moved onto a desert titan battle attempt. We went through the desert cave on manas and skipped most of the mobs. Summoned the titan and commenced battle. We started off with manas, but moved on to using lightning wyverns. Manas definaly feel like the safer option and can get out of the way of the flocks quickly, but the lightning did more damage. Am glad I went the tek boots and glide suit combo, it saved my life a few times. I think I only died once, well I died less than d1nk so thats all that mattered;) D1nk got the kill on his lightning wyverns and grabbed the loot. I grabbed a checky wee dermis from the titan for future trophy rooms.

Lots of progress today, mainly because my car was in the shop all day so I really didn't have anything better to do.

First, I did get that tek raptor. I also stumbled across the tek quetz I knew was flying about, didn't expect to find it randomly though. I did solo tame it with an argent, tbh it only really worked because it was such a low level. But hey, tek quetz look cool and now I'll have a way to get more later. Also being able to airlift more things for taming, nice.

I also said it was a future project but I was really in the mood for it so I went Creative Mode and built my spino ranch. It's a short hop from the breeding facility I just built, in that circular swamp area by green ob. Yes I did block a spino spawn on purpose. It's ok. I like this area for keeping spinos, not least because they'll literally always have their boost active.

I then uploaded my spinos again and brought them down to the ranch. Sorting them out it was a bit sad to realize of the 6 I brought with me, 1 is Smaug, 2 are breeding projects, and the other 3 are basically unnecessary. I don't have the heart to cull them just yet, but I just don't need anything from them. It's been so long I honestly don't remember why I uploaded them.

Having completed the ranch, it was time for phase 2 of the project. I logged out of The Island and loaded up Ragnarok, straight into Creative Mode again to build a taming outpost in spino canyon. This is why I'm using TI as my base map, because it has such limited value in terms of resources and animals. So now I can simply collect animals on other maps and bring them back to the relative safety and security of TI for safe keeping, breeding, whatever. And since the other "bases" are simply outposts I won't feel bad restarting those maps whenever I want in order to actually play. Clever, right? I thought so anyway.

Once I got myself situated (I've not really spent much time on other maps so I did get a bit lost a few times) it was straight to work. Once they started spawning the spinos came in fast and hard. I tamed an astonishing 11 135+ spinos over the course of the afternoon and evening hours, plus a ptera for scouting and 2 barys for future breeding. One sadly got hit and will likely be culled, for now it'll serve as my cave mount. I uploaded them as I went and returned to TI afterwards to carefully bring down and sort my new additions and put together my current base stat build.

I also went back to Pearl Lake, collected the spinos I had stored there and brought them back to the ranch for sorting.

My current base stat build (in pts) is: HP 38, stamina 43, food 40, oxygen 37, weight 43 and melee 45. I feel like spinos are one of the few species who really needs all of their stats, with the arguable exception of food. It's a decently respectable start although ideally I'd like higher HP and 40+ in oxy would be great. Essentially I want a 40+ base stat build, which all of my color morphs will inherit once I combine them all into one animal.

Spino taming does unfortunately take a lot of time and resources so I'll have to wait until next weekend to try my luck with improving my stats. In the meantime I'll likely be knocking off some smaller building projects. I'm already second guessing dilo breeding, sure it's a for fun project but for almost the same amount of effort I can do so many other things. Well, there's no real rush so we'll see.

• Like 1

Finally put together my 'test' of Mobile AA - my Bronto with platform holding nine Velonasaurs in turret mode. I walked them over the Rag wyvern trench and we led a bunch of wild wyverns to them. Worked well, so I'm going to either build a permanent Velo 'AA' platform near the trench, or an improved 'mobile AA platform'. 

Among the dead wyverns... two Alphas who gave up a ton of wyvern's milk. 

It was quite a sight to see the Velo's in action... next time I'll take screenshots. Forgot this time. 

Edited by DeHammer
  • Like 1

Didn't really have the time I thought I would as I stayed late at work for the first time in awhile. Mondays, eh?

So with limited time and feeling a bit put out, I decided to go ahead and breed the dilos I already collected. I know stat wise they're not that great, but I've been out of the game and away from breeding for so long I figured it would be good to get back into the swing of things slowly. I actually cycled through 2 entire generations of dilos and did one cull already. Now up to 4 stats, no mutations. No interesting natural colors to work with either so I'm going to start looking at possible morphs, which means hunting more to tame.

Honestly aside from that and building there isn't too much of interest going on about TI as of late. No good levels on anything I feel inclined to tame. I could start working on the spino base stat build but I already know I'll be hunting them again as soon as I have an afternoon free, really want that 40+ HP stat.

Xbox - The Center

Basically pottered about the base this evening. Suffering from Ark block atm. Decided to try and start a new breeding project or two to get going again.

Started off by moving my kibble egg stock over from the island over to our main base on the Center. Crafted up a supply of the new kibble. Cant do the extraordinary kibble until the new Rag map goes live, not risking the current server in its current state. Also spotted a 145 male kentro (love the small stegos with attitude) so I broke and tamed it up with some of the newly crafted kibble. Now need to find a nice female.

Started a featherlight and spino breeding project. Never got around to starting the featherlight project after Aberation and I thought spinos would be nice for exploring The Center waterways. So I grabbed my birds from the waterbase and uncryoed the freshly transfered spinos from the Island. Basically no luck all night. The eggs refused to hatch out babys with all the stats and I normally get lucky with mutations but not a single one tonight. Eventually I got a male of each with all the stats, with females some of the needed stats. On to round two of breeding next time.

• Like 2

Ive just been doing my thing, breeding, hatching, raising but not really getting any muts that I have been after. nearly finished 3 more Gigas at 100% so I will stop now until I readily see 500MD eggs available.

Allo line is nearly complete as they are hatching at 280, just want to concentrate on a certain set of colours, then keep a breeding pair, raise a further 8 and take them over to Half Burnt and savage everything we see... Ill be riding my giga obviously :)

Other than that, tribemates have been building up extinction so will have a gander at that this weekend :)

• Like 2

Been playing for about a week now. Yesterday I switched from PS4 to PC, tried playing Hardcore but could only find 2 servers with almost no one on and wasn't able to become part of a tribe. After dying at level 16 and being unable to reclaim my home I decided I'd come back to Hardcore once I've found a small tribe to belong to. 

On Ragnarok I established a thatch hut and was continuously bombarded by larger and larger bird-life, which resulted in an excessive aversion to birds. First it was those small, seagull-like birds stealing my berries, damaging me, and being annoying. I had to struggle to build my thatch hut while dodging the bird. Once I established the hut I was relatively safe and was able to craft more spears, a bow, arrows, and some clothing. 

By this point my beach started to be over run with very large, eagle-like birds that killed me a couple times. It was this one, specific male bird that was harassing me. Finally, I had enough and crafted more arrows so I could kill it. It was not even close to enough. Hiding inside my base without arrows and no resources to make more, I started attacking with my spear at the bird head sticking through the wall and doorway. It fled twice and returned from the damage I inflicted and on the second time it returned with a female. The whole ordeal was exhausting, but I had bird for dinner!

I earned about 8 or 10 talons from these giant eagle-looking birds that I was only able to kill by stabbing them with my spear from the safety of my hut. They kept coming to attack me in pairs, male and female.

A couple days later, maybe a week, my hut was visited by a Carnosaur. We were good about co-existing. It only chased after me twice and many times my triceritops neighbor scared it away from my hut. Once, however, when I was running from the Carnosaur and made it to the safety of the cliff my base was on, where I could not be reached, I was attacked by a f***ing bird that knocked me off the ledge, into the water, and subsequently eaten by the Carnosaur. 

Finally, it was reaching the evening in real life so I decided to make the base level of a wooden castle-tower, which would be my next base. After its completion and the dismantling of my prior base (same location), I locked my doors and logged off.