So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

7 minutes ago, d1nk said:

No worries, we will meet up soon! Damn timezones. Ill try to come home during a lunch break or something.. any way you can get on in the morning today or tomorrow before work? (7am or 8am ur time) 

I am not working tommorow but Yeah I can be on 7 or 8am my time tommorow. I just wont be conscious. But yeah darn timezones lol. Maybe ping me a message on xbox when your available.

Now just about to treat myself to that 185 drake egg lol.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

First of just want to say Hi im new to the forum and the game for about a week now. I'm an immigrant from Rust, DayZ, stranded deep and conan exiles. 

I have played on the singleplayer for over 3 weeks on normal settings to get used to the game. But before I jump into a normal populated official server, I decided to jump into the most quiet one they had which is a No taming No tek server on the official list.

Currently 11 hours in and level 34. Usually the idea of a no tame server would put people off but i want to master the game the hardest way possible and it forces you to really learn the ins and the outs with the world, crafting and teaches you the true meaning of grind and teamwork. That's what I did today. 

1st two hours I spent collecting non stop fibers and made over 2-3 thousand fiber hats then I made at least 50 thatch foundations (disgarded them all later). 

By my sixth hour I had made 50 wooden foundations and at least 38 stone walls (built then demolished for materials). 

By the eighth hour I built a stone raft, aided by a youtube video on the best type to suit my goal. Then ventured to the red woods glitching my way through the swamp trees, collecting 1200 wood as I went, as I had to hack any trees that came inside my raft causing the raft to be stuck. 

By the tenth hour of playing I had upgraded my raft to metal using BPs I got from the blue drops and my smithy. Grinding for the metal was a pain. Made a large floorless stone building with ramps where I led many dangerous dinos (including a pack of allos, a trex and an alpha raptor) into and killed for meat, hide and pelt. 

I have now found a spot for a base at a mountain not far from the volcano which strangely has no dangerous dinos spawning. It is surrounded by metal nodes, obsidian and a cave a hundred metres west for crystal. Because the server is a No taming no tek, only a dozen play and they all live around beaches due to the fear of grinding or venturing too far into the jungle or becoming a survivalist like me. 

You may all say well done but im an Xbox One Peasant lol. Gaming pc broke and later sold in parts

Edited by ShurShonConnery
  • Like 2

I have been on vacation for a week so I havent been on the forums, only lots of ARK. 

Not sure where I got to on my last update but basically, I slept less, played more and got as much done as I could using the valentines event. 

Improved my Ptera line with a new HP and a new ST line, Allos came out at 272 with 1 weight stat left to include. Tappys havent moved at all, but my Yuty is complete at 100% with 14k HP and 2.5k ST before levelling so I am super happy with that. Completed my Giga raise which I started before Christmas and then thought I would slowly raise another as a back up - got triplets!! (All at 60% currently, and on for 100% imprint)

Wyverns... oh my how easy these are. Started raising 5 for the first time and these were so easy that I have now decided that these will be my regular raise and they sell so easy. I have sold a bunch of 170 and 175 Lightnings 100% imprinted for 2.5k hard poly and people really like them so that has given me something new to do now. 

Extinction has moved on a bit too, with Red drops being easy now with my Giga being over there and hopefully going to do Alpha Rockwell at some stage as I have a 310 born Spino at 100% imprinted so that would be the last but one boss done.

Other than that, a lot of metal and meat runs, given a lot of dinos away to new starters and generally just kept busy.

Been breeding rexes for some boss fights, had someone gift me 2 boss rexes when I started a few months ago. Lost yellow to stupid baby icebergs that he just couldnt get out of and was before I had any cryopods to rescue him, R.I.P yellow. But Blue has lived on and is now a proud mother of about 14 rexes. I got my first color mutation with a little bit of red down the back of a few rexes. Then bred that first mutated rex back with a red rex I caught during V-day event. Got another mutation with a blue body + bright red stripe down back + bright pink underbelly.

Only problem is it took the good 12k life stat but didnt get the 450 melee damage so I guess I gotta bred that one back with a good melee one and try to get the colors and stats. Breeding really is a time sink in this game but I hope its worth it.

Edited by Piffguru
typo
  • Like 1

Did more base building and crafting last night. Placed what I had on the Center, expanded my crafting area, placed the tek behemoth, taming pen, base additions and placed a bunch of vaults, crafter stations and fridges. 

Hopped over to the island and transferred a few thing over, brought some gacha, the breeder allos, a few tames, cloned a gacha and my highest level crab which has been on Rag forever. Made a tek trough and some other goodies then transferred to Rag.

Started ripping apart all my Tek. Demolished my desert base, hit my outposts to destroy transmitters and brought it all back to my original base. Made up an indy cooker, more tek troughs, tek teleporter and genny.

Got back over to the center and started placing some of it. Had more vaults, placed the teleporter and got Saltire into the tribe. We discussed a few creative options for the base then I logged off for the night. Next time im.on im going to combine the allos and work on the next big projects at the base, improved breeding area and the 'tek clone' area. I plan to spread everything out in this base and allow for lots of extra parking, something weve been lacking on our main Island base

• Like 1

PS4 - Legacy TheCenter

It has been pondered for months, but I did make the decision in January to strike out and setup a tribe and base. I had always been playing with a large group of friends on the legacy servers and having fun, yet we all have our projects and my breeding projects need a tame cap of their own. 50 Managarmrs doesn't sound like much, but I haven't been able to uncryo my breeders in weeks due to the 200+ boss rexs and gigas that we've been raising. Ugh... I got a whole cryofridge full of babies too! I cry a little inside each time I look at it. 

I spent one week sketching out the main base building, revising it, running numbers and revising again. I decided to try to incorporate some Japanese style elements into the design and after tallying up the resources I needed, I had knocked out some stacks of stone foundations, walls, ceilings, and slopes before going over. Before the V-day event got going, I had completed the main building pictured below. 

Trashy giga had to be left on aggressive in dino leash as raptors, poo throwers and a whole menagerie of crap was spawning within the behe gated area... and I got a thing against building random foundations or pillar/ladder/ceiling combos and killing resource spawns in the yard. HOWEVER! This weekend, I made major progress. In building the large dinos' nursery as well as the kitchen extension and storehouse, it seems I have successfully killed the spawns of my larger problems (alpha raptor, raptors, poo throwers, titanboas, troodons and bugs have stopped). I was able to unpod my utility dinos and leave them outside without them being attacked by anything. Thus, I started unpodding my kibble dinos and painfully placing them on their tiers inside.

Also got around to throwing down the ind forge and loading it up with metal so I can start converting foundations. Now I just need to decide where and how I want to build the greenhouse...

base.jpg

Note to self... need to make dyes. Building needs paint.

Edited by LkotaPhoenix

Ragnarok PVP unofficial

Haven't been able to play as much as I would of liked to recently, I logged on this weekend half  expecting to see a few dino deaths but to my surprise it was only the one low level snow owl that passed over to the other side, the only other thing I needed to do was to top up on gasoline. I trek off over to my oil pump only to find it empty, even on my quiet server it still gets stolen haha

I've been messing around with the mods and getting stuck in, really enjoying the Rare sighting mod, I love that blast of excitement you get when you get notified of a rare dino, also loving the visual storage mod, there's something so satisfying about seeing all my hard earned materials stored properly. Ive also been meaning to give the castle and fort mod a go but something tells me id best start a completely new base to get the best effect, ill save that for next weekend.

There has been no more additions to the dino family but next phase it to breed and army of rexes or theriz's for boss battles, im leaning towards the theriz because of the veg cakes but ive always found rex's easier to tame, mmmm maybe a tek rex army this time.

• Like 1

We did it! We made it through Beta Dragon with 0 loss. 19 Op Rexes and one Scary chicken managed and took a revenge for all our lost dinos. I cannot describe how it is to have a Transmitter on your backyard. I feel so powerful!

And our first (I hope not the last) Element dust gacha Sratdust is adult! This little guy is absolutely adorable, we love him so much! We got so lucky go start raising him during the event, it's like out 5th baby Gacha. Still cannot believe it, they are so rare. To be honest, we have another Element dust baby gacha growing (one out of seven), but shhhh, I don't want to jinx it.

Got a nice outpost on some Legacy SE server, hoping to find some nice 190 eggs and lots of fun too. When we just arrived and were walking around, we saw a phoenix, it was the first time I saw it with my own eyes! They are so beautiful! I think it was a sign, so we setup a small base right there. It actually was a good location, next to water, forest, mountain and desert, it was reasonably close to the World's Scar, but far enough to safely live there. We had everything we could ask for. I really cannot wait to start there.

• Like 2

When I got on I planned to do some building. Saw Saltire added a few things so i went to work on a new breeding pen. Placed back more to allow more open room, with a barn type opening to allow us to raise some babies inside.

I was worried about leaving all the babies in the open so I had to do this. Checked my guard rexs' inventories and each had element dust in them, means theyve each killed another Alpha raptor. 

I spent awhile trying to envision a nice breeding pen, with the 2nd tek gen and all and I couldnt for the life of me get a good design so i went for a simple semi-box. As I was building it I kept getting attacked so I set a Tek turret up near the front of it, it's already put in a bunch of work.

Hatched a bunch of Allo eggs and combined the two stats into a mating pair, the colour is hideous.. but I figure we will tame a bunch more anyways, they spawn up here frequently enough.

Set up a few velos slightly further out than we had then, placed another Tek Turret on the other side of the base and made a greenhouse, planted some Veggies.

Moved some dinos to the new parking spot, still not sold on how I put them, will rearrange.

• Like 1

As soon as I got on last night I went for a fly around to scout some spawns / kill some spawns, hoping to tame a few more 150 rexs and some Allos. Flew all around our Center...Centre. Man.. we get a LOT of alphas. I flew around for probably 45 mins - 1h and killed 4 alpha raptors then 2 more spawned. 

After a few laps I finally forcespawned a pack of Allos, had a 135 pack leader so I grabbed it and KOd in our new trap. Tamed out with pretty much the same melee and HP as our line, I need to tame more! 

After that I spent a bit of time around the base, built a snow owl gacha pen to collect owl droppings and set up some Plantx in busy areas where I keep getting spawns. Hopped over to Extinction to farm up a bunch of electronics and crystal, planned to make an industrial grinder but didnt end up actually crafting it after transferring a bunch back to Center.

Spent awhile collecting gacha crystals, setting down vaults I had premade and just doing general base stuff. Threw another tek turret down from Extinction and crafted a bunch of element from the 10k dust I brought over. Topped up each tek turret with an additional stack of shards then logged for the night.

Tonight ill probably do some breeding and continue to work on the place

• Like 1

Xbox - Unofficial Server - The Center

Not been feeling motivated to play Ark the last few nights, but tonight I decided to try and make some headway on the Center. Noticed that d1nk burned his way through all the stone structures I had made since the last time I was on. Also love the colour coded vaults haha. So I quickly hoped on the the Island to do a bit of stone structure building. Mind wiped and leveled all into weight, makes dealing with the large stack sizes much easier, what I wouldnt give for stone structure BPs lol. Crafted up 20 more behomoth gateways and a few stacks of stone foundations and walls.

Hoped back on to the Center and dithered about for a bit. I want to build my own wee shack at the main base, just so I have a bit to call my own, maybe even just to give us more storage room not that we need it. Put down a 5x5 thatch template next to the breeding barn, I would like a view looking across the lands towards green obs. Just need to check with d1nk about placement before committing.

Went again on a search on my rock drake for a waterbase location, I am way too picky lol. Scouted the coast, noting potential locations. I keep wanting to settle on the eastern shores, love that area and I think I might attempt a base build on an island where I built my single player base, not that I played much with that lol. Quickly hoped onto single player to make sure the estuary that would be the waterpen would be deep enough for any potential mosas, which it was.

• Like 1

Spent the first bit of my evening doing another run around, I was checking out a Rex near a cliff outside our gates and fell off the cliff to the lowest part, had to walk back up the long way. Was pretty fun. I like our area, get to observe many cool spawns and creature types. As I was heading up I saw a real cool natural dark blue & black doed. Had to tame it! Brought it back and knocked it out.

One thing I like about The Center is the different colours. You will see many dark reds, blue and other coloured dinos, all natural colours of the map.

Hopped over to The Island and grabbed a few things, a snail, dung beetle and procured a few Owls from the gacha pen there for The Center. Built a small animal enclosure on our center base then hatched some Allo eggs. I thought I had all the stats combined, turns out I wasnt close. Old Allos were hatching 229 and 230, first one hatched was 237 then got a 240 shortly after, along with a female with all stats but the hidden speed.

Made and placed the Indy Grinder, a few more vaults and did a bit of base work.

@AngrySaltire I like the spot for your house, are you wanting just a small bit to call yours? Maybe a new build project to keep you interested?  Theres some nice flat spots further up the cliff side away from breeding pen, also was thinking.. if its a house project you want, we can extend the back walls a bit? Theres a nice real.flat spot with a beautiful view we could make an extended spot for a personal house of sorts? Would go well with our 'town' feel of our new base.

Did a metal run with a mantis I xferred over, might use these for metal runs here since the nodes are all smaller metal nodes and spread apart. We will see after I imprint an Anky

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, d1nk said:

@AngrySaltire I like the spot for your house, are you wanting just a small bit to call yours? Maybe a new build project to keep you interested?  Theres some nice flat spots further up the cliff side away from breeding pen, also was thinking.. if its a house project you want, we can extend the back walls a bit? Theres a nice real.flat spot with a beautiful view we could make an extended spot for a personal house of sorts? Would go well with our 'town' feel of our new base.

Ooppss doesnt matter now... built the building this morning lol. It has a great view. If its in an awkward spot being too close to the breeding barn I can always move it. Was kinda hoping to piggy back off the breeding barn genny aswell if power is needed. Doesnt have to be for just me, am really just after a building for more storage to put stuff from Ragnarok into, theres alot lol.

Mid day report. Started of ringing my chosen Island for the waterbase/mainland base with behomoth gateways. Was a bigger island than I though, had about 30 or 40 gateways and that wasnt enough o.O Just crafted up some more. Once its done it should be more than enough space for a few buildings including a kibble barn if need be and storage for boss dinos or what not. Just crafted up a teleporter and tek generator for it as well.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ooppss doesnt matter now... built the building this morning lol. It has a great view. If its in an awkward spot being too close to the breeding barn I can always move it. Was kinda hoping to piggy back off the breeding barn genny aswell if power is needed. Doesnt have to be for just me, am really just after a building for more storage to put stuff from Ragnarok into, theres alot lol.

Mid day report. Started of ringing my chosen Island for the waterbase/mainland base with behomoth gateways. Was a bigger island than I though, had about 30 or 40 gateways and that wasnt enough o.O Just crafted up some more. Once its done it should be more than enough space for a few buildings including a kibble barn if need be and storage for boss dinos or what not. Just crafted up a teleporter and tek generator for it as well.

Hah was more of an idea,I really dont mind it being close to breeding pen, if we throw range to 8 or 10 (currently at 5?) For breeding pen genny it should reach

Woohoo water base :P 

Taking a break from my server. 

Went to an Official PVE Island one and pretended to be a Noob and that I just bought the game. Found a tribe of 6 very young teenagers who called themselves: Minecrafters. Asked to join and they let me. They had a metal base on Herbivore Island with 3 high level gigas, 3 very high level Trexes that they bought with real money which immediately disgusted me. Everything else dino wise was low level tames that matched the tribes skills. I got their trust as they took my Sean Connery accent for my real voice as they had never heard of the actor. My gamertag is ShurShonConnery btw. 

They made me admin to look after their base while they were offline when I took their lvl330 Trex and unclaimed it and gave it to a due tribe on a beach who had just started the game  in return for 3,000 Thatch and 4,000 wood which they amazingly got for me. I then told my tribe what I had done and acted as if I contributed greatly to their displeasure but they forgave me as I promised to get them a replacement. I knocked out a 150 Trex for them and as they all kept an eye on this new tame I went back to base claiming I was gonna get more narcotics. 

I replaced the vaults with wooden storage boxes, replaced the turrets with plant X, replaced the bunk beds with sleeping mats and replaced all the metal foundations, walls, ceilings and whatnots with thatch. I even replaced their metal rafts with just basic ones. 

I got on the raft and had all of their dinos follow me into the ocean and I sailed to carnivore Island with all their dinos swimming behind me. Half drowned and half got eaten by the time I arrived. 

I went over to the shocked and angry tribe and put the 500 narcoberrys into the Trex which had nearly woke up. They  threw me out the tribe and they went back to their base and very quickly rage quit. Dont think they've been back on since

Edited by ShurShonConnery

Xbox - Unofficial Server - The Center

Didnt mean to play xbox all afternoon and evening, but hey ho am on holiday, at least thats my excuse. Started off by building the small lodge I marked out in the main base out yesterday. The plan is to use it mostly for storage when I transfer more stuff from Ragnarok, will make sure the main base doesnt become to cluttered. Was also a small test build for the build I planned for the soon to be built water base.

Gathered all my stone structures together and flew to the east coast on my weight wyvern to start the waterbase. Threw down all the behemoth gates to ring the island I had chosen and also encompassed the waterway which will be our water pen. Then marked out where the main building, teleporter pad and kibble barn would go with thatch, which took a bit of fiddling, its not the flatest of spots. Built the main building to my usual specifications, one day I'll actually come up with a a new format. Converted the design slightly to use greenhouse walls and ceilings, I really wanted the build to take in The Center's scenary and it also opened the build right up. Think it came out really well. Stuck down the Tek genny and put the Teleporter down. 

Now I just to fully furnish the build and start the kibble barn when I get a chance. Also need to grind out a tek behomoth gateway to replace one of the stone ones as the main gateway in and out of the base. Might even build a small bridge just to connect the island to the main land not that a bridge is really needed considering how shallow the water is. 

• Like 1

The Center Small Tribes Xbox

Havent been posting lately because i normally use my work phone amd i got laid off last week so havent posted much but been arking like a champ. While applying for work obviously ;D. We are only a two man operation but we are motoring along and havent been wiped for ages, probably owed more to the alpha being very well regarded and in control rather then much of anything we've done. Ive hit a bit of a wall in regards to level being stuck in the high 80s for a while so we smashed out an industrial grinder and ive been doing doedic runs grinding it all to flint and am nearly level 92 in a couple days. Im just going to do this consistently to reach level 100 because we need heavies for base defence. We also have done some argie hatching. Raised some nice ones during the valentines promo but after maturation ended i tried hatching three fert eggs all on different occasions. All three eggs resulted in twins. Unfortunately real life commitments meant all 6 starved. Very sad. Next goal for us is attaining crypods but for all we've tried whether it be posting in the buy and sell list, asking in global or good old fasion raiding we only found one pod and that was from a guys body who was scouting us and the turrets took him out. 

• Like 2