So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Single Player - Offline Modded Extinction

Finally back home after two months of travel (work & play) and as per usual after a long haul flight I have a horrible flu. Also 2019 is off to a tremendously crappy start in RL so I spent a couple of days playing ark while at home sick. Better than watching crappy TV.  

Tried to remember what I was busy with but decided to go scouting for another Argy instead of working on the base. Could not find any Argies worth taming on the Ice dome side of the map but found two female snow owls (120 and 100). Taming them went off fairly simply, well as simply as it can with the Mana's being around. Luckily only got attacked by a level 30 and could sort it out without too much trouble. Got them back to base then went  to scout the other side … still nada. Did end up taming a 150 Allo, not sure what for, but it was a 150 in a fairly safe location. Got her home and was heading back out when I went past the 'Megalo trench'. Ah, it's night time since they are busy wrecking everything.

Spyglass and there is a 150 with a 45 friend. Must. Tame. It. It was a bit of a disaster … tried leading it to a safer spot, got killed (so many times) almost lost the Argy, only reason I didn't was because the 45 grabbed it so nothing else could get to it (spiders, scorpions, raptors and the 150). The 150 was killing me with one shot - lost 4 Ptera's. Lost gear, but I got the bugger in the end. Tamed out with 57 points into Melee. I have never seen anything with 50 points in anything as a fresh tame. So worth it, sort of, I'm not sure actually. You can see the monster in the attached pic. 

Anyway, after all that I decided I wanted to have some down time and start a new game on Rag. Where there are no angry purple infested dino's everywhere, where the scenery is nice and you have night and day. You know relax a little, enjoy the scenery. Spawned in at Viking Bay one, gathered stuff, built a tiny thatch hut and found a 145 Trike to tame. I'm winning! Then I hear a Rex roar. DILO?! Run, run, run, run back to the big rock formation with the ramp up the side. If I can just get myself and the trike up there we may survive. We actually manage as the Rex tries climbing up the wall (luckily unsuccessfully) I move the trike up to the point, can't even craft the saddle for a Trike yet. Rex is camping out on the beach in front of my shack. It will eat my shack if it spots it. So … I shall have to lead it away. Game decided that I shall do no such thing and froze, no BSOD, no nothing just a frozen screen.  Anyway I'll cut a long story short - I can't play Rag at the moment. Not sure what happened or when but back to Extinction I went. No freezing there, bit laggy sometimes but it might just be my PC. 20190222205555_1.thumb.jpg.27b3f0cc9cd37ef68b1a79161338ac7c.jpg

Started working on base some more - started painting. Installed a grinder, and a small breeding area. Finally found some worthwhile Megatheriums. Two females [140 & 130] and a 145 male. Trying to get all their decent stats together. It's been a process.  Did the same with the Tapejara's now down to 3, the pretty male and 2 females. Stats are not fantastic but they are pretty. will try to get a pair with the nice colour combo and decent stats. Culled the Ptera's down to 2 as well. I don't use them much and I got the good stats I had in these two. 

Went looking for another Argy - again. I'll be buggered if I lose the single one I have. Finally found one in the wastelands around the giant skeleton area but more towards the snow biome. 145 Male, he was a bit of a bugger to get tamed but we managed. At least now if I lose the argy I have it won't be such an issue. So two male Argies and 2 female Snow owls (should say 2 worthwhile female snow owls). Also found a 140 Thyla while looking for the Argy. Did not want to be tamed and then almost got eaten by a corrupted Rex moments after taming. Luckily I managed to grab it and fly off. Tamed two more Gacha's - my Gacha's are now very unhappy. I was trying to find a bee hive and stumbled across the Gacha's, for hours and hours. Had ark issues with the hives I found (2 and no bees?) Spawned in a hive. Now collecting honey with a bear from this one so I can get an S+ hive. 

Also tamed a couple of event Doedics - now trying to get decent stats with a red belly and white shell. Also a process. I also tame a ridiculous event wolf 150 Male (red body with pink back stripe - it's horrible looking), another Allo (140 male) a Therizino (140 - she almost killed us but is now happy collecting masses of rare flowers, also surprisingly effective at gathering fish meat in the shallow pools around the sanctuary, who knew?) an event Morrelatops (145) and two gas bags, one was a 140 the other had an interesting purple colour (100), oh, and more small event critters (Dilo, Monkey etc.). Really need to stop taming - think I might be a ark hoarder actually. 

Plan for the weekend is to try to finish up the building work I started on. So much to do! Sort out something so the Gacha's are not so unhappy and continue to sort out my Megatherium breeding project. Oh, how do I react to posts? I might just be really daft but I cannot seem to figure it out? Anyway, it's nice to be back, still read all these while travelling and really enjoyed it.

6 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

You might want to check the club page about Ragnarok. Hmm I need to check out this metal farming location of yours. Also you up for tribing again on the new permanent center map on the cluster ? Got any ideas for base locations ? 

Yes I am for sure, I havent looked that would make sense to what I heard last night..... buddy on the server said "im saving it for the center" and I was all thinking "bah wont be for 2 map rotations"

Please dont tell me the 50k ingots and over 20k poly I just spent was for not.. talk abot buzzkill :P 

Last night messed around my rag base, did a big run to make stone pieces to finish off the rough outline and add some details. Went by a server member's base to grab a jerboa he gifted me, then went back and raised a few dimetrodon eggs he also gave me. Went back to my rag base (3 logins later - got kicked teleporting and twice more trying to login) 

Did a metal run, cleared some rock elementals near my base and crafted up a few more vaults, chem bench and finished my new breeding area.

I wish I could check the club feed at work, now im really worried. I would assume Rag is being repurposed to The Center? I do like some of the center but ive played a LOT on it (my main official base where I spent probably 1000 of my hours) and I know its a buggy laggy mess :P Been a spell since ive been on TC though. What gets me about it is the lack of high end activities - no special caves or worthy loot beacons outside sea drops. Great for building and farming though! Care to fill me in @AngrySaltire ? If were switching soon ill just demo my base.. a little anxiety here now hahahah!

Edited by d1nk

21 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I wish I could check the club feed at work, now im really worried. I would assume Rag is being repurposed to The Center? I do like some of the center but ive played a LOT on it (my main official base where I spent probably 1000 of my hours) and I know its a buggy laggy mess :P Been a spell since ive been on TC though. What gets me about it is the lack of high end activities - no special caves or worthy loot beacons outside sea drops. Great for building and farming though! Care to fill me in @AngrySaltire ? If were switching soon ill just demo my base.. a little anxiety here now hahahah!

Aplogies for the anxiety :(Long story short. Test server has been converted to a new permanent Center Server. The Rag server is wiping 1st of April and will start as a fresh server. I am assuming that means that there will be two permanent maps on the cluster (Center and Rag) but I need to ask DJ about that to confirm.

• Thanks 1

Was too busy during the event, kinda forgot to post there.

Raised 3 armies of rexes, op rexes and theris for bossing. Two days ago fought Broodmother Beta and Alpha with our own army, felt nice. We're independent and can farm Element on our own.

Also raised and fully imprinted two gigas. Not the best damage you can find on Legacy pve, they are still strong and much fun to use. Able to kill titano within 20-30 sec, want to try them against wild giga at one point, but want to finish raising another male so we have a mateboost bonus.

Will try to kick dragon's ass today, hope we can make it.

Edited by Geneweave
  • Like 1

woke up before school to check on giga imprints. me and my tribe missed one but am looking for 90+ if im lucky

among that i bred a pair of 293 and 287 rexes and got 3 babies from it, i think there all somewhere between 240 and 290

and got some more materials for my tribe mates to expand the base with

so it was a good morning. but im tired af right now lol.

17 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

@d1nk yeah that is the case

Thanks mate. I heard about a test server but didnt know there was 4 servers in the cluster :P im sure ill hear "You should check club more often!" but just dont have room on my phone for a single App! Damn facebook messenger.

Im really excited for the rag wipe, it needs it bad. The map is getting near official level of random glitchyness and ive been experiencing snapback lag regularly (about twice an hour) The news is a lot better than I thought and ill start demoing and pre building now :P Ill hope for s+ integration to pick up my tek behemoth gates and those goodies (and hope its retroactive) with the pickup. 

Ill use my new base as an overly large metal outpost and SE taming outpost until then :P 

53 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Thanks mate. I heard about a test server but didnt know there was 4 servers in the cluster :P im sure ill hear "You should check club more often!" but just dont have room on my phone for a single App! Damn facebook messenger.

Im really excited for the rag wipe, it needs it bad. The map is getting near official level of random glitchyness and ive been experiencing snapback lag regularly (about twice an hour) The news is a lot better than I thought and ill start demoing and pre building now :P Ill hope for s+ integration to pick up my tek behemoth gates and those goodies (and hope its retroactive) with the pickup. 

Ill use my new base as an overly large metal outpost and SE taming outpost until then :P 

I’d advise just checking on the console from time to time before you jump into a session.

Edited by SaltyMonkey

23 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I’d advise just checking on the console from time to time before you jump into a session.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

:P im sure ill hear "You should check club more often!"

Knew it!! Lol. Yep its true. Last thing I think about is checking club feed. Next time I get a phone that isnt poop ill do that

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Sounds like my phone.... asks me to makes space every time I update apps...

Had a quick hop on to the new center server with a rock drake for some exploring, this map was made for rock drakes lol. I have not spent much time at all on the center, its still kinda a new map to me only played in in single player. Explored a bit to scout out potential base locations before transfering back to the Island. @d1nkany pointers would be much appreciated ?

I started to make preparations for the move off the Rag server before it wipes. I have been winding down my operations on Rag for a while as a wipe was in the pipeline but with a date now I started moving stuff. Moved all my fertilized eggs (mostly drakes eggs lol) into temorary storage and all my cryoed stuff into a new cryofridge in the Island water base. Going to use the Island Water base as a temorary storage facility. Ate any eggs that were not transfered and I am going to leave unwated cryoed tames to get wiped. Going to use the wipe as an opportunity to declutter and downsize. Cleared most of my vaults including the weapon, armour and saddle vaults into the temporary storage. That took a few trips. 

The next job will be to start moving tames that I will want to save. Shouldnt take too long apart from the kibble farm dinos, thats going to be a nightmare, might wait till I get a base on The Center sorted as I dont want to move the farm twice. Going to the leave the structures as long as I can in the hope the pickup option become available before the wipe, I am not hopeful however. Also when the server wipes I'll need to decide on my Rag base location. Utilise the same area or start of in a new place.

Finished off the day by raising up a group of ankys and doeds for harvesting on all the different maps. Raised up 3 of each and imprinted them all before cryoing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Sounds like my phone.... asks me to makes space every time I update apps...

Had a quick hop on to the new center server with a rock drake for some exploring, this map was made for rock drakes lol. I have not spent much time at all on the center, its still kinda a new map to me only played in in single player. Explored a bit to scout out potential base locations before transfering back to the Island. @d1nkany pointers would be much appreciated ?

I started to make preparations for the move off the Rag server before it wipes. I have been winding down my operations on Rag for a while as a wipe was in the pipeline but with a date now I started moving stuff. Moved all my fertilized eggs (mostly drakes eggs lol) into temorary storage and all my cryoed stuff into a new cryofridge in the Island water base. Going to use the Island Water base as a temorary storage facility. Ate any eggs that were not transfered and I am going to leave unwated cryoed tames to get wiped. Going to use the wipe as an opportunity to declutter and downsize. Cleared most of my vaults including the weapon, armour and saddle vaults into the temporary storage. That took a few trips. 

The next job will be to start moving tames that I will want to save. Shouldnt take too long apart from the kibble farm dinos, thats going to be a nightmare, might wait till I get a base on The Center sorted as I dont want to move the farm twice. Going to the leave the structures as long as I can in the hope the pickup option become available before the wipe, I am not hopeful however. Also when the server wipes I'll need to decide on my Rag base location. Utilise the same area or start of in a new place.

Finished off the day by raising up a group of ankys and doeds for harvesting on all the different maps. Raised up 3 of each and imprinted them all before cryoing.

So spent a bit on the Center, after flying around the whole map ive concluded to build on the floating center bit. Ive lived almost all the other good places before (jungle south, north, on an island near skull, near volcano, lots of time in the Redwoods) but never here. Has great metal spawns,wood, stone, a beaver lake and a tonne of dino spawns. Rexs, allos, argy, herbies etc. Ive already spotted a 150 rex and a 168 tek rex here lol. Also a plus is we can glide anywhere on the map from there, put good use to Drakes finally! 

I forgot how laggy the center is, I found a huge flat bit up there so I plan to make a sprawling open base, hopefully very load friendly. Thinking like a comparted small keep type.. (seperate buildings built spaced apart to reduce load) with clear defined sections (breeding area away from main shack etc) 

Ill make a tribe and try to get a transmitter here ASAP! Getting excited. I needed a new base build project. I think we can make this our main spot.. seeing as the dino spawns are ridiculous on the center. (The hardcoded +0.5x harvest doesnt hurt either!)

PS4 single player

Decided to hatch a few of the eggs I got over the Dino love fest earlier this month.  Hatched my first Yuty and began imprinting it. Wow those things take some time! With my settings Most tames take about a half hour to 45 min to grow and get around 20 - 30% each imprint and I'll usually get 3 -5 imprints depending on the Dino.

Yuty imprinted at 5% each time and grew pretty slowly.

When he hit Juvinile I hatched one of the Rex eggs. That one imprinted at 10% per imprint I think I got 7 or 8 imprints by the time it hit adult. Oh, and by that time my Yuty had only reached adolescence. 

Once they both were grown I made a little kill-stuff-for-XP team of them plus one of the OOPS theris - I had bred my Theris and forgot to disable mating. apparently my base had perfect weather to hatch Theri eggs. Came back from a meat / berry run to a pair of juvi Theris... Oops.

• Like 1

After finding my spot on The Center's Centre I scouted the area trying to determind if I could get a list of materials ill need.. I will need a lot of gates. 

Transferred to Rag, transferred all the metal I had around then off to The Island. Set up the gachas, went on a metal run and started building. Built a transmitter, genny, 2x sleeping pods, 2x cryofridges, a bunch of AC and other base goodies. Went out on a stone / wood run and made 15x behe gates for now, also transferred over our tek shield gen. I needed to level fast on there so I sent over some Rex eggs to kill once I get set up so I can craft some element there.

Went over the first time and built my transmitter. I was getting mauled by many differnt dinos so i set the transmitter in a box with an unlocked tek dino gate for safety. Whipped together a small breeding area, basically a small hut to hold fridges, small dinos. For our actual breeding spot I plan to hatch most our stuff outside, to avoid the need of having a huge enclosure.

Hatched some rex eggs, killed all but one male and got level 60. Crafted up some element and deployed the shield genny around the breeding area and hatched a few Allo's. Got to work on the main building, I planned it to be in two 'wings' - one crafting side and the other side with the pods, fridges and some personal storage.

I ran out of building supplies just as I finished one wing of the build, closed it off for now and placed the sleeping pods, cryp fridges and a single fridge / vault for now. Got my rex imprinted to 80~% and placed 10 behe gates to close off one side. 

Was getting late so I cryo'd everything and went to bed.

@AngrySaltire I wont be on til earliest Sunday after youre done work, so you can setup a spawn hut for now there, theres a transmitter for easy xfer. If you want to hatch anything just throw it outside the back right side of the breeding shack. Or I was thinking if you were itching to build.. could build a small base and once we merge we could use it as an outpost? Anyhow, 6am and im heading off to the mountain! 

Happy ARKing all!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, d1nk said:

@AngrySaltire I wont be on til earliest Sunday after youre done work, so you can setup a spawn hut for now there, theres a transmitter for easy xfer. If you want to hatch anything just throw it outside the back right side of the breeding shack. Or I was thinking if you were itching to build.. could build a small base and once we merge we could use it as an outpost?

Ended up just doing a bit of grinding out of structures. Had a quick look at the Center map just to see where the base was, lools like an exciting place to build ! Might be exciting to experiment with some cliff builds or something. Then hopped across to the island server. Did a quick metal run. Then smashed out 20 behomoth gateframes and gates, and some stacks of stone foundations, stone and wood walls and ceilings  Should be good for some of the buildings.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ended up just doing a bit of grinding out of structures. Had a quick look at the Center map just to see where the base was, lools like an exciting place to build ! Might be exciting to experiment with some cliff builds or something. Then hopped across to the island server. Did a quick metal run. Then smashed out 20 behomoth gateframes and gates, and some stacks of stone foundations, stone and wood walls and ceilings  Should be good for some of the buildings.

Thats funny just logged on and hopped on the island to do the same :P Id assume I can grab em? Ill make a load more incase 

• Like 1

Ragnarok / The Center - Private Xbox Cluster

In preparation of Ragnarok getting wiped in a few weeks, I’ve decided to move my main base to The Center. That map holds a special place in my heart as the longest running server I ever had on console (Nov 16 - Apr 17) before the corruptions hit, and also where the people who still play with us today had grown as a community through hardship (ever been hit by server wide salty tribe that rather than just quit (not banned) decided to hurt the population? On console you couldn’t just reload a save, the damage stayed with you).

Moving on, I decided to go full out and transferred my character with 3x3x2 metal base structures, a full tek suit and some element dust. As soon as I spawned, I found a large rock to climb on whilst I crafted unstable element to power my suit. A few mins later I was able to fly to the secluded island and set up a small outpost.

I flew to the nearest supply drop and pulled a tek transmitter, and placed it just outside my outpost. Now comes the fun part of picking what gets transferred and what gets left behind for the wipe. Fortunately, my tribe members have re-emerged to help with the load while I tell them about a years worth patch notes lol.

• Haha 1

Started the night off on The Island, transferred over the premade stone Saltire left me, made some of my own and also make a Tek Trough and aftrr a metal run (and more poly / paste crafting) I made a Tek Replicator for The Center. Made two obelisk trips with my stuff then went over to The Center, I had two giga eggs I brought over along with some Theriz eggs to hatch. Got a mateing pair from the Theriz and the gigas hatched. I believe I got a melee mutation, some sort of pale red body accent. @AngrySaltire (it was 215 melee while the others were 205 and came out 227)

Started building the new base between imprints. I had a basic outline planned but just winged the rest and it turned out nice! Small enough so it isnt a lagmonster but enough room for all the goodies. Filled it up a bit with some fridges, vaults etc.

Hopped over to Rag and demolished and liquidated a lot of my desert base. Crafted a Tek Behe and a few other goodies out of it. Im finishing my giga imprints now while working on the base area. Just got the walls up and securing a few of the overspawns etc.

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

believe I got a melee mutation, some sort of pale red body accent. @AngrySaltire (it was 215 melee while the others were 205 and came out 227)

Oh exciting ! A giga mutation ! Cant wait too see.

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Started building the new base between imprints. I had a basic outline planned but just winged the rest and it turned out nice! Small enough so it isnt a lagmonster but enough room for all the goodies. Filled it up a bit with some fridges, vaults etc.

Whats your thoughts about a kibble farm. Am looking to transfer mine across from Rag at some point. You want it at the main base ? Or I would be looking to make a water base at somepoint (and link the two bases together with teleporter like on island) so could be better having it there insted of adding the lag to the main base ?

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Oh exciting ! A giga mutation ! Cant wait too see.

Whats your thoughts about a kibble farm. Am looking to transfer mine across from Rag at some point. You want it at the main base ? Or I would be looking to make a water base at somepoint (and link the two bases together with teleporter like on island) so could be better having it there insted of adding the lag to the main base ?

Ive been thinking about that too, with enable wander now.. we could just set up a farm somewhere remote at an outpost then just teleport there to mate em all for eggs. Ill bring over my kibble farmers too when we do that.

If youre able to get on today after work we can tribe finally :P I wont be on too long today, maybe till 630/7 your time (6pm is when you usually get on?)

Edit: Might as well finish my last nights doings; After I posted I was sitting in base and a 150 doed walked by me, grabbed with the crab and knocked it out. As I was feeding it two other doeds came at me, 145 f and 140 f.. knocked them both out and as i was feeding them a 150 anky walked right beside me (this is all innthe middle of the base..) and tamed him too lol.

I love the centers level distrubution lol

Edited by d1nk

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Ive been thinking about that too, with enable wander now.. we could just set up a farm somewhere remote at an outpost then just teleport there to mate em all for eggs. Ill bring over my kibble farmers too when we do that.

If youre able to get on today after work we can tribe finally :P I wont be on too long today, maybe till 630/7 your time (6pm is when you usually get on?)

We could do that. My thinking was to have a water outpost for water tames with a teleporter to allow access  from the main base off the floating rock. Shall see how it goes really.

Sorry was on rather late only just seen this, work was mental. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

We could do that. My thinking was to have a water outpost for water tames with a teleporter to allow access  from the main base off the floating rock. Shall see how it goes really.

Sorry was on rather late only just seen this, work was mental. 

No worries, we will meet up soon! Damn timezones. Ill try to come home during a lunch break or something.. any way you can get on in the morning today or tomorrow before work? (7am or 8am ur time) 

Was on for a few hours, made a Tek drake saddle with my extras from my Rag base and downloaded it to The Center. Filled out a few more vaults and fridges, placed the indy forge and Tek Rep in a crafting area behind base. Threw some Tek Turrets up.. Ive had an aggressive Rex as my base defence and ive needed it.. countless high level argies, raptors, hyeana and even 3 alpha raptors have spawned in the walls. I set more foundations down to block then i was sitting in my base crafting and another Alpha raptor got in and tried to kill me. Luckily I have a good sword. Put the turrets up right after.