So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

3 hours ago, RageQuitter said:

Ice cave is too easy with cryopods, usually take a thyla & boss rex in cryopods plus an empty for my bird, cryo the bird when you hit the invisible wall, throw the thyla out once past the crawl spot and run through until you drop down the first waterfall, I usually wait in this area until the cooldown has worn off then put the thyla on follow & lowest distance and drop down to the queen, not sure if that bit is needed but had a few attempts where the queen hasn't spawned if I dropped down mounted on the thyla plus also had problems getting it out of the water at the bottom, on lowest follow it's fine, throw the rex out from the ledge then mount the thyla and drop down to fight the queen

If you've used a wyvern to get there you can throw it out onto the bridge outside the waterfall then jump and mount it without having to drop down into the water

Thanks for the advice :) I shall try it out at some point.

Xbox - Unofficial Server - The Island 

Finished up my Tapejara breeding project today. Got a male and female with all the colours I wanted with all the combined stats including the health mutation. Kept the wild tames just in case but I took my lightning wyvern to all the intermediary breeders, poor things lol. Got some eggs out my new breeders before crypoding and preincubated the eggs. Next time I am on I can hatch up a couple of Tapejaras and some of my new rexes and raise and imprint them.

Mind wiped and crafted up 2 more OP Theri saddles from the 150 armour bp we have. Managed to get a 200 armour on one of the crafts, mental hahaha. Saddled up two more of my theris and then did a spontaneous boss fight to add to our stockpile of element and I also wanted a dermis of the megapethicus. Took my yuty and theri squad (nicked a few of d1nks theris too just to be on the safeside) to blue obilisk and took on the gamma monkey. Took it out no problem at all. Am always scared about the pit of doom but I held the theris back and mugged the megapethicus away from there lol. Got the 500 element from the monkey as well as a dermis. Now got a monkey on a texidermy base next to the broodmother outside our base. 

Did a small metal run up blue ob before logging off.

• Like 2

Hatched circa 30 Pteranadon eggs, got no muts, and no further stat merging so still only at 321. This has been a horrible second stint of my breeding line since I have returned. I didnt actually tame any new Pteras this weekend as was far too busy with other babies as starting an Allo and Tappy line.. but last night my Giga finally finished... I missed out on 100% imprint by 34 minutes but really, not bothered. Its done and finished and it came out with 35k hp and 437 melee, so now just to level it up and enjoy her :)

My Yuty died... after i got my 10k hp and 325% melee Yuty breeded out and was raising it, I left it at 7.8% maturation, full of food, and then logged off and my tribemate was going to pod it before he went to bed. 

I came on the following morning - no sign of Yuty so I guessed he podded it before it hit trough stage but I couldnt find the pod in the fridges. Checked tribelog - starved to death! From 7.8% with full meat in inv how did it starve to death?!! Seriously gutted as loved the colouring. Hopefully an ally is going to give me an egg with slightly better stats - around 260 so will try even harder to raise and imprint on it.

Rebuilt my Taming pen and will now try for new Allo stats, and made a huge metal run so we are fine for the next few weeks. 

So, essentially, I raised 6 Pteras over the weekend, 4 Tappys, 4 Allos, 1 Giga completed, 1 Anky at 94% and tribemate did many Troodons. It hasnt been a bad week, even with losing 3% on my Giga imprint and losing my lovely coloured Yuty.

This week will be a little less time spent on ARK but Ill carry on getting some eggs from the Tappys, Pteras, Allos and see if I can increase some of the levels, it looks as though the Tappys may come out in the late 260's with no mutations, but the Allos definitely seem weaker at around 240. Pterandons are working on 2 lines, clean at 321 and Mutated should be 338 if I had of imprinted the babies when i left them to die... must have been 10 seconds too late once they had hatched.

Edited by Anarki
  • Like 3

Ragnarok

completed the open plan kitchen/Garden area, almost fully functional now only thing left I need to place is the industrial cooker, it then dawned on me I've got no honey and I've never tamed a Bee before, so decided it would be the weekend of Bee taming, didn't go smooth at all haha, didn't actually get a tame until Sunday night after trying from Friday afternoon. Got back to the garden, placed my new shiny beehive and invited someone over to come for a new tour, it was at this point I was telling him how hard it was to get the Bee and he just laughed and said why didn't you just make the S+ plus hive, I couldn't believe it all these years playing and I still don't know the engrams.

The rest of the night was just used for Wyvern egg hunting and milk farming, found myself a 180 lightning and lost my self a 150 perfect tamed snow owl in the process, I still have some snow owl kibble left from the first batch, so will be pretty easy to get another, RIP Foodface, it was good while it lasted.

• Like 1

PS4 Nitrado – We made the move to Ab last week, none of us having played the map before. Having a great time without flyers. Set up a big walled off open air base not far from the portal area. Got the basics set up, industrial forge, cooker, greenhouse etc. Tamed a few high level bears and bred those which we’ve been using for early game exploration. Starting a spino breeding line as well and got a sheep farm on the go for mutton tames. Tamed a 150 mega as well last night. Decent hp but low melee. But we can hopefully get it a high level mate tonight to start a line. Been venturing deeper into the blue zone, learning the ropes, and generally just having a lot of fun. Did the cave near the portal area. That was easy enough with the 5 of us. Loving the map so far.

PC Island with daughter – not had as much time this week as it was her birthday but we got a bit done. Carried on breeding Sabers. Got a decent line coming out at 270 now, all the mutations into health and melee. Will now work the colours in over the next few days so she can look pretty (that of course being the most important element) when we eventually get to do a couple of caves this weekend. Carried on with argy breeding line as well. Got a great blue body mutation. Starting breeding the two 150 Zinos we got as well. Got a great Cyan one pop out, but need to tame some more of these as the stats aren’t amazing. Want the kibble rework to come out soon. As much as I like the progression tree, I don’t have the time in my life to grind on 2 games, taming all the different dinos just for kibble, or babysit and insomniac tickle chicken for 2 hours .Saying that, I did tame some low level Pachyrhinos, as I want to get Barrys breeding asap for underwater and the more difficult caves. Also built a multi platformed ewok village. Not a bad first attempt and learnt a fair bit in the process. This is the precursor to a tek treehouse base on a future map, that I’ve been instructed to build. Been trying to get her more comfortable on foot, so have been venturing out onto Carno island without mounts, just covering her whilst she shotguns everything. Need to speak to her about her language, as ‘come at me b*tch’ seems to be the standard line before opening fire..

Also hooked the PC up to the projector the PS4 plays through. This way I can just sit on the couch and play both maps at the same time, switching from one to the other to imprint. Lazy mode level 10.

• Like 2

I went on an Allo hunt last night, couldnt find any in close vacinity so I gave up and bred some more and hatched some more. Nothing new, no mutations or anything but I got another stat merged on my Ptera line so 326 now, definitely need some new blood so will try and tame a few later tonight.

Hoping to pick up my Yuty egg tonight so that will be a painful few hrs as I will watch it very carefully get to 10.1% mat before feeling safe to leave it this time. 

16k ingots now hidden away from my tribemate in a safe, wanting to fill it completely before he say we need to do a metal run because we have run out... then to hear him once I tell him to check 'Anarki's Personal Stash' vault with 70k ingot sitting there ;)

I know he has a plan to rebuild a new greenhouse and some little cliff platform huts to turn into new rooms so he will need a lot of metal for that - he builds, I gather. Its a good relationship. He does all our tactics, I just breed things up... it works.

So, another night on Center went by quickly and a little good fortune with a stat here and there. Lets hope my Yuty works out and that I can find some new Allos to start breeding as my current line doesnt look like it will turn out particularly well.

Oh, and I donated a 269 born Ptera to a new guy who was struggling with the game. I like to do that :)

• Like 2

The Center Small Tribes Xbox

Haven't really been doing a lot lately just mainly taming, farming and storing loot in the purlovia. Was excited to mate the argies tonight though. Laid down the fert egg surrounded by torches while it incubated with a 1.5 hour timer. Watched a Conor McGregor doco on netflix and when I checked on the egg it had just vanished. This was my first egg hatching aside from boosted unofficial wyvern eggs so I'm not sure what happened here. I'm thinking it fell through the ground or maybe theres something about egg health I dont know about. Poor baby bird never had a chance. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Valentines is what I did last night, but maybe a little noobish the way I went about it.

I laid down about 30 eggs as I couldnt see the timers being impacted. I went away for a meat run and when I came back, the hatchery was filled with Gigas, Tappys, Pteras, Rexes, Spinos, Allos... it was truly mayhem. I panicked a bit and started trying to claim and pod and accidentally threw some pods back down, cryosickness dino babies everywhere.

I thought I had got it under control, so went to put the pods away only to find that another 10 dinos were sliding across the floor after me... yes, a change I wasnt aware of with the update is that they now follow you when unpodded including when they have cryosickness. Whistle commands didnt work so I slid them down to my raising barn and sat there for an hr until they were awake and ready to be taken off 'follow'.

I then had the opportunity to go through all my pods and start killing off the babies which I didnt need. I ended up killing 33 dinos, what a waste of time. I bred out a load more, put eggs down and timers said 1,39hrs so i was like cool, Ill head off and do some bits like tame an event Ptera or Allo. Came back 40 mins later and there were about 20 dinos wandering in the corner. Pfffft.

It was only when a tribemate logged in later that he could see the timers properly as my Yuty egg said 4hrs, but to him it was 40 mins. Logged off, logged back in and it was fixed... if only I knew about that before putting up with a panic stricken evening.

No muts on my Pteras, Allos got another so food is 15100 now and a blue underbelly which was nice. Nothing else. Ive another 345 Giga thats ready so might as well make the most of it and get another bred out. I have my new Yuty to raise so I will start that later and hopefully this weekend my 190 holiday rock drake and 190 Fire Wyvern will get done too... happy days.

What a stressful night that turned out to be.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

There is a base on a cliff with two metal buildings and a gap in between both not far from our base. These two metal buildings have at least three velanosaurs in each on turret mode and bristling with tech turrets and heavies. The velos are placed inside so they can target intruders but would be invaders cannot snipe them without breaking down the walls first. Happened to fly past and notice their tech generator was out of element, perfect opportunity to blast in and take a peak. We tried dropping in with parachutes and via bird but kept getting shredded by the velos. Finally decided to farm up enough mats to get a rocket launcher and rpgs happening as velos cannot target projectiles like turrets can. Took over an hour as the beaver dams must have been plundered recently but we were finally perched above their base, rpgs in hand ready to kill everything and take what we wanted. I aimed up slightly to ensure the rpg didn't clip into the cliff slightly jutting out infront of me. We all know how ark gets. Comfortable I had more then enough clear line of sight I fired, boom the bloody rpg explodes right infront of me clipping into an imaginary section of cliff edge and my body with c4 and all the rpgs plummets down into their base smack dam in the middle of the two velanosaur buildings. Fml. At this point I had to get up for work soon so left our stuff on the body and called it quits for the night. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Got on last night for an hour. Since the vday event isnt working yet I played with the stack ini a bit. Withdrew a lot of stuff in vaults, restacked into the new 1000 stacks and cried a little inside when I realized most of the vaults I made are not needed hahaha.

Man, its sure nice for most things, now I feel like we have nothing material wise :P Going to be fun playing with the stacks while farming though! Hide farming, meat runs etc are going to be a lot better! 

Patiently waiting for this weekend to game :) 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Since the vday event isnt working yet I played with the stack ini a bit. Withdrew a lot of stuff in vaults,

I forgot about the changes in stack size, and went on a quick meat run on my giga. Got a shock when I got back to base and saw how few stacks of meat I had, oh yeah right meat stacks to 50 now ?

Played around with the fixed cryopod imprinting, its an absolute God send. Its a great QoL improvement. No longer stuck having to raise and imprint everything in one go, if I have to I can cryopod up stuff up and complete the imprinting later. Also can unstick babies which have sunk into foundations.

Raised up two of my new rexes and two of my new Tapejaras and 100% all of them.   Hatched up a bunch of giga eggs aswell and cryoed the ones I wanted to keep for later date.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3

I guess for the week, this topic may be more along the lines of 'what dinos have you bred'.

Last night I had a little luck, my Allos (stats are pretty average so wasnt expecting a good level) came out at 246 and a few stats still to go just to move it over the 250 mark, Im fairly happy as wasnt expecting them to get that high, I can no go tame new ones looking for much better stats.

Pteras didnt do a lot last night, nothing new, killed off about 10. 

Yutys, raising 2 at the moment, my nice 258 11k HP and 385MD and my nice Green Mutated 224 as a back up - my aim for this event was to get these raised and imprinted and then do a Rock Drake and Wyvern too.

Had a nice surprise when a friend from another tribe said they had me a present, a 190 Fire event egg so looking forward to raising it :)

Had another suprise when she came and dropped 2 nice Spinos are my feet - Abberant versions but one with 520MD and one with 8k HP. Baby popped out 310 so happily taming them both up and will have a breeding pair by the time I get home - I hope (as long as they dont starve).

Wife must be getting annoyed with the amount of time Im running upstairs in the evening and perhaps tonight I will have to back off, but I have had some good days so far. Long may it continue.

• Like 4

I didnt get up to much last night.

Hatched 12 Allo eggs, only one was a keeper, and hatched 30 Pteranadon eggs, again, no keepers.

Giga is pretty much complete (spare one for meat harvesting) and my Yutys made it to 10% without dying this time! Whohoo!!!

Tonight I am going to attempt my 190 Holiday Rock Drake Egg and then tomorrow, Ill be attempting the Wyverns :)

Roll on Friday so I can get home and play some more ARK

• Like 2

Got on for another hour last night, seems our lovely admin got the Vday to work (only noticed cause I saw a pink ptera - I need to get the xbox app on my phone when I up my data) then decided id gather some candies and chocolates! Set whatever dinos I could together to breed (lurve enable mating!!) Quickly switched them into a dino leash after whipping my anky off the edge of my base getting chocolates lol

Bred them for an hour, with our mating intervals I was able to get a few boxes and threw em in a fridge for tonight. Ill probably find something nice to tame on Rag!

Gotta watch my parents house for a few weeks starting tonight, lots of wife-less time inc ;) 

• Like 4

Been in a bit of a unmotivated mood in Ark for the last week/few nights, would log into not knowing what to do. So tonight I attempted to continue progression. Crafted up a bunch of shotgun ammo, grabbed some of my boss rexes from Ragnarok, geared up and attempted the hard snow cave solo for the Artifact of the Strong. Last time I did this cave donkeys ago I ended up trapped dangling off the ceiling with a grapppling hook just out of reach of the bears.

Went into the cave with two rexes and a thyla crypoded. Deployed the first rex right as you come out of the crawl space and started munching the yetis, wolves, bears and purlovias. Thankfull alot of stuff had already died in the freezing water. The purlovias worried me the most, a bad timed stun coupled with a polar bear would be bad news. 

The first rex got me quite far, through the first chamber, down the corridors and into the room with the water and iceflows. Eventually the narrow passageways prevented the rex going any further just where the mass of crystals was. Deployed the thyla to go through the tunnel here, aggroing anything back to the waiting rex. Had a few dodgey moments with purlovias unmounting me a few times. Got to the next chamber to where I could deploy the next rex, left the thyla there to keep it safe. The rex got me far, very far. Pretty sure I had purlovias and wolves chucking themselves at my rex from the ceiling but never mind. Unfortunately I had to eventually turn back when my rex hit 1k health, the annoying thing was that I was certain I was so close to the artifact room. Probably shouldnt have skimped on the saddle, only had a primitive on the second rex, the first had the assendant saddle. So I ran the relay all the way back to the start of the cave and made my escape, didnt lose any dinos but I had no artifact to show for my troubles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Been in a bit of a unmotivated mood in Ark for the last week/few nights, would log into not knowing what to do. So tonight I attempted to continue progression. Crafted up a bunch of shotgun ammo, grabbed some of my boss rexes from Ragnarok, geared up and attempted the hard snow cave solo for the Artifact of the Strong. Last time I did this cave donkeys ago I ended up trapped dangling off the ceiling with a grapppling hook just out of reach of the bears.

Went into the cave with two rexes and a thyla crypoded. Deployed the first rex right as you come out of the crawl space and started munching the yetis, wolves, bears and purlovias. Thankfull alot of stuff had already died in the freezing water. The purlovias worried me the most, a bad timed stun coupled with a polar bear would be bad news. 

The first rex got me quite far, through the first chamber, down the corridors and into the room with the water and iceflows. Eventually the narrow passageways prevented the rex going any further just where the mass of crystals was. Deployed the thyla to go through the tunnel here, aggroing anything back to the waiting rex. Had a few dodgey moments with purlovias unmounting me a few times. Got to the next chamber to where I could deploy the next rex, left the thyla there to keep it safe. The rex got me far, very far. Pretty sure I had purlovias and wolves chucking themselves at my rex from the ceiling but never mind. Unfortunately I had to eventually turn back when my rex hit 1k health, the annoying thing was that I was certain I was so close to the artifact room. Probably shouldnt have skimped on the saddle, only had a primitive on the second rex, the first had the assendant saddle. So I ran the relay all the way back to the start of the cave and made my escape, didnt lose any dinos but I had no artifact to show for my troubles. 

Next time bring a few boxes of chocolates, theres a bunch in my fridge. Will fully heal your rex ;) 

• Like 1

We decided to do some cross server raiding tonight because we really need some cryoballs and fridges. Instead of heading to the crash prone extinction map we transferred to rag40. Started off with only 17 people on but before you know it that number doubled and you'd see people flying regularly and a lot of beach bobs. After raiding didn't turn up much we decided to steal some wyvern eggs! Found a body bag while down there full of custom food, improved flak and weapons as well as bps. Crazy. In regards to eggs we ended up snatching a level 165 lightening, 95 fire, 85 poison and 65 lightening. Oh yeah 

• Like 1

Extinction, Modded-Single Player: Love is in the Air

So, with the Valentines Day event in full swing, I’ve felt a little off kilter with my breeding program. My last group of microraptors and eagles matured, but the sudden boost to maturation completely messed up my meticulously worked out maturation to imprinting settings, resulting in the need for a setimprintquality 1 command down the line to get my 100%.

This was probably more annoying to me than it should have been, but I take quite a lot of pride in getting my 100% imprints, and needing to employ an admin command for the last bit makes the whole effort feel pretty hollow.

I bred my next batch of wyverns...a very successful clutch of a perfect bronze and perfect queen...but the third female picked up some of dad’s colors, so was repainted as a green.

Then I hatched another round of eagles and microraptors, and was delighted to receive mostly females...which was the goal for their respective egg brackets. And I received the delightful news that my imprinting scale is not messed up for things born during the event, which was quite the relief.

And those were followed by another set of the same...mostly males this time. But I got twin male microraptors that were a twelve level improvement over my old breeding male, so I’ll take it.

Aside from that I cooked up a huge batch of sweet veggie cakes, focal chili and lazarus chowder in preparation for the new kibble system, and then set about shopping for event dinos.

A red 115 sarco spawned in my front yard lake, so he was my first conquest. I named him Hook, because really, what else do you name a crocodile the same color as Captain Hook’s coat?

Then I ducked into the alligator pit to find a lady friend for him, and resumed the event hunt to the tune of a dilo and two dimorphodons from the sunken forest, and (after many, many wipes) three event otters and an event dimetrodon right from my front yard.

I’ve decided I love my house location all the more for unintentionally building in an otter spawn area.

Next Up: A successful start to the event aside, I’m kind of in a tough spot with my breeding programs. I genuinely enjoy the long hours I spend raising my babies, and the event makes things too fast for my proper enjoyment.

So I’m thinking I’m going to pay the shell of my Ragnarok game a visit and start construction on a proper sanctuary there. I have the better part of a foundation started in the desert, but I’m thinking I might just build in my canyon instead. Ragnarok is so beautiful and there are so many wonderful places I could live, but the canyon I built in on PS4 seems to be calling me home.

And who knows? Maybe I’ll get lucky and find some event griffins.

• Like 1

Took full advantage of the valentine breeding rates. Uncryoed 2 baby gigas and hatched up a rex and a theri. Fully raised and imprinted the rex and the theri. Got the gigas to 50% maturation before cryoing, on track with imprints with one of them but for sone reason it looks like I'll miss an imprint off the other. While I raised those I left my rexes to mate to get a load of boxes of chocolate and colour sweet things. Also did the same with a pair of dilos I transfered from my Rag kibble farm, we were getting a bit low on dilo kibble for imprinting. Needless to say we wont need to make up dilo kibble anytime soon and I got even more valentine goodies at the same time.

Went on a bit of exploration with my managarmr. Found a low level giga on the eastern snow mountain which I wanted to kill for its heart. Ran back to base grabbed my wyvern and cryoed up a giga. Deployed my giga at the top of the mountain and walked it dosn the mountain. Killed the giga and got its heart with much effort. 

Had a search about the snow for a daedon. Wanted one for faster healing buff and maybe for use in the boss arena. Found a 145 female just north of the western snow mountain. Took it back to the taming pen at base with my wyvern and knocked it out. Had to quickly breed up some sheep for mutton. Killed one for mutton and raised 4 more for future taming. Tamed up the daedon with choccies and the mutton. Noticed that one of the sheep I bred up had a horn mutation so for the giggles I swapped out the current breeding male for the bew mutant.

Looks like tommorow nights plan is to do some red OSDs on extinction with d1nk, should be exciting ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Looks like tommorow nights plan is to do some red OSDs on extinction with d1nk, should be exciting ! 

And me lol.

Haven’t played Ark recently outside of testing game settings, but decided to jump on for a bit just now to breed the Giga’s. Popped out 9 eggs so plan to hatch the eggs 1 by 1 tomorrow until I get a mated pair for imprinting.

Think I’ll keep the Vday event active on my cluster for an extra week ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

And me lol.

Haven’t played Ark recently outside of testing game settings, but decided to jump on for a bit just now to breed the Giga’s. Popped out 9 eggs so plan to hatch the eggs 1 by 1 tomorrow until I get a mated pair for imprinting.

Think I’ll keep the Vday event active on my cluster for an extra week ;)

I agree, I quite like the candies and boxes :)