So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Xbox - Unofficial Server - Island

Didnt get uo to much. Grabbed some eggs from the new rex breeders d1nk bred up from his trade yesterday. Hatched up a male and raised it up. Bred that with my blue female to get the colours in with the good new stats. Luckily got all the stats and the desired colours into a male out of the first batch of eggs. Also got one with my blue colour plus the new blue belly from the new line, keeping it for now but I am not totally sold on the pure blue

Did my usual metal run up blue ob and obsidian mountain. Went on a cemeting paste run in the hard swamp cave. Finished off the night by looking for a high level tapejara I spotted a few nights ago, but never saw it. Definatly going to be a trip to Extinction to find a high level male I need for breeding.

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

. I threw my 2nd giga out literally 1 second left on cryp clock and it came out KO'd.. i protected it best I could hoping for it to wake up (this is mid OSD) but a gaggle of spinos got onto it.. hitting over 600 dmg a hit!! It died. Didnt mourn my loss (was a 92% imrpinted giga) hopped off between waves and grabbed the saddle.

That explains the tribe log :( Was confused when I saw the giga had been killed by a corrupted raptor in the log and it didnt match up with your post before your edit. RIP.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Island unofficial PS4

Had a gamer friend try out ARK. Spawned into a lightly boosted server named OBLIVION. After the usual "Where are you?"  "I'm by a river. There are dinosaurs here." haha yeah. Oh to be so blissfully ignorant again.

Finally met up and started making the usual 2x2 thatch shack as our first base, killing Dodos and Dilos for meat and hide. Tamed a low lvl Parasaur with bolas and clubs. "ParasHilton" by then it was Late for us and we logged in our little beach shack.

It's amazing how much more fun that was when doing it with a friend.

• Like 2

Last night was a bit of a washout. I think I burnt myself out over the last week. I think I just let my Gigas and Rex mature for a few hrs, bred some of the Allos and readied some eggs for hatching. 

I may play a bit tonight but tomorrow will definitely be the main appearance for this week as I have a good supply of eggs to hatch... which should allow me to kill off some of the parents (I just hope the babies survive).

Currently breeding lines are:

Allos, Pteras, Tappys, Barys, Rexes (but only for adding colours to new stats), Yutys, Rhinos, Gigas, Argies, Troodons, Theris, Quetz's, Spinos, Monkeys and Sabers. Its amazing how I start something, then a few weeks later get distracted and then a few weeks later try coming back to it only to find out that I cant remember where I was.

I have decided that all my main dinos need to hatch a lvl 300+ and for some its a slow burner but we are already there with:

Pteras, Rexes, Thylas, Ankys, Argies and Bears.

Its going to be a long slog, and not all the work for the above has been mine as I play on a really good official server with a great community so we share stats etc but its an ambition that gives me something to do. I think the Allos and Yutys will stop at 250 but the others like the Gigas, Barys, Spinos and Tappys should all get to 275 without too much effort.

What is everyone else working on?

5 hours ago, Anarki said:

Last night was a bit of a washout. I think I burnt myself out over the last week. I think I just let my Gigas and Rex mature for a few hrs, bred some of the Allos and readied some eggs for hatching. 

I may play a bit tonight but tomorrow will definitely be the main appearance for this week as I have a good supply of eggs to hatch... which should allow me to kill off some of the parents (I just hope the babies survive).

Currently breeding lines are:

Allos, Pteras, Tappys, Barys, Rexes (but only for adding colours to new stats), Yutys, Rhinos, Gigas, Argies, Troodons, Theris, Quetz's, Spinos, Monkeys and Sabers. Its amazing how I start something, then a few weeks later get distracted and then a few weeks later try coming back to it only to find out that I cant remember where I was.

I have decided that all my main dinos need to hatch a lvl 300+ and for some its a slow burner but we are already there with:

Pteras, Rexes, Thylas, Ankys, Argies and Bears.

Its going to be a long slog, and not all the work for the above has been mine as I play on a really good official server with a great community so we share stats etc but its an ambition that gives me something to do. I think the Allos and Yutys will stop at 250 but the others like the Gigas, Barys, Spinos and Tappys should all get to 275 without too much effort.

What is everyone else working on?

I always feel the same after a looong weekend on Ark, burnt out. Log in and sit around not wanting to really start anythingn

Didnt do much yesterday, logged on a bit and did a metal run, made some more poly.. the usual. Did a swamp cave run for paste then logged off for a bit. When I got on later I did another routine swamp run.. got cocky and gangbanged by 3 artho and for whatevwr reason.. jumped off my mega and died. Spent the next hour running back in, dying and resetting my bag to try and retrieve it. After 3 deaths finally got it out, went back to base deposited the paste and logged

Island unofficial PvE PS4

Began upgrading base to a 2x3 wood shack with a fence to keep the darned Dilos away from ParasHilton. Farmed the items needed for a forge and a smithy. Upgraded to metal tools, a pike and leather armor. Unfortunately it seems most of the Dodos and Dilos we killed respawned as the cursed Ichtyornis. Damned seagulls.

KEEEE!  SKRAWW! munch munch munch

There goes my stack of cooked meat......

Grrrr...

They seriously need to get knocked out if they eat my whole stack of narcoberries.

Crafted about 20 trank arrows and Tried taming a level 10 trke wanderin the beach. Unfortunately it's nearby companion was lvl 120. One hit death haha.

When I eventually got them separated, I put all 20 arrows into it then had to resort to my club to chase it and knock it out as it ran away.

At one point it ran to the water and began swimming.

I was thinking "Seriously? After all that you are gonna ARK me and drown? or get eaten by a Shark or something?" Luckily it did a 180 and swam back to shore.

After a minute or so of chasing and flailing wildly with my club, I finally knocked it out! Right in front of the 120 trike.

So, after respawning and collecting my corpse I began taming "Trouble" He stood up at an unimpressive lvl 14! Haha He better not die before I can exact compensation for the trouble of taming him.

Edited by Rattasaur

7 hours ago, Anarki said:

Last night was a bit of a washout. I think I burnt myself out over the last week. 

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

I always feel the same after a looong weekend on Ark, burnt out. Log in and sit around not wanting to really start anything

Definatly in this phase at the moment.

I have however been working on my new rex and tapejara breeding projects the last few nights. Havent got far with the rexs, still trying to successfully combine the new stats with my nice colours.

Spent the last few nights also hunting tapejara on Extinction looking for a nice high level male to go with the female I already have. No luck yet, had an unsuccesful taming attempt with a 135 male. Killed a lot of tapejara but nothing yet. Shall probably be on the hunt tonight.

• Like 1

The center small tribes 

Pretty terrible last few nights on ark to tell the truth. I've been mostly playing solo lately as my wife is taking an hiatus which is fair enough, this game is very draining. So couple nights ago I went cross server raiding for the first time on my lonely without support. Chose a rag server because that's where the rich people live. Blew into the first base and was rewarded with over a thousand cp, bout 500 Pearl's and a bunch of weapons, ammo and bp's. Awesome. Should have quit there. Found a base not too far from this one (in the red woods just up from the beaver dams near the cliff to the desert). Looked at the owner "on 24/7" whatever I thought may as well, bit of pvp be fun. I blew in the front door as old mate glides out on his pteranadon. An air battle between myself on an argy and him on a ptera ensues. We both nearly picked eachother multiple times. He finally landed I assume out of stam and instead of pursuing I chose to try and get away to save the loot I had as it would really help me rebuild. He had none of this, chased me down and ended up winning the picking battle. I again for the first time ever did not bring parachutes. I found my body but he already lured my argy away to kill it. Tried to sneak into their base but someone else came on and I ended up dying again. Logged for the night.

I farmed and tamed for the next couple nights but tonight had to raid. We had nearly blown our way into a really nice juicy looking base when my argy decided to stand in a rock and ignore whistles. Wife tried to pick and drop me up there but it was a difficult angle. Suddenly the argie decided to fly up and into the turrets of the enemy. No worries we thought we will just have to craft another grapple. Unfortunately the second argi was on follow from an earlier lagging debacle and when I went for cementing paste it was killed by homicidal beavers. Now flash forward to now and we are stranded in our base with birds but not enough chitin to craft the saddles. Knocked out three quick tame level 20 pteranadons but first was killed by compies while I was off murdering turtles for their skin, second was accidentally picked to death by me while I killed the dilo attacking it and the third was plagued by one of those itchy birds so I murdered it out of frustration. Got to the point where it was a few hours before I had to wake up for work so hid my meager belongings under water and logged for the night. 

• Like 2

Took the plunge and moved from official ps4 to my own cluster on pc (not a stealth ad haha)

I didn't get raided on Aberration, but heard a couple of rumours about the alphas meshing so decided to move on

Still pretty quite which I don't mind, but more lively that the official aberration server I was on.

Felt a bit mean leaving all my stuff and tames behind, ill just keep on telling myself they are now free and liberated haha

Really enjoying the new settings so far, plus took my first visit to Extinction for Gachas and Snow Owls.

I built myself a home for the Gachas with the snow owls on a ledge above, there's something funny about watching the Owl dropping their vomit on the poor Gachas.

I'm a bit late to the Gacha party but they are so addictive, I find my self just sitting there waiting for crystals, I need to get out more ;) 

• Like 3

Xbox - Unofficial Server - The Island 

Continued with my Tapejara and Rex breeding projects. Finished up breeding my new rexes. Took forever to get a finalised breeding pair. Had trouble getting a single colour region to combine with all the stats. Trying to tell the difference between black and dark blue on the back was a nightmare, eventually poped twins with my nice blue colour with the stats. All I need to do now is let them mature. I want to get a few new rexes imprinted up before a potential Tek Cave server event.

With the tapejaras, I took the two low levels I had tamed up and combined the colours I wanted, white body, black markings with yellow sails. Got that done easily enough. Then worked on taking the two high level tapejaras and bred those together to get a tapejara with the good stats. Now just need to combine the tape with the desired colours with the tape with the high stats.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Xbox - Unofficial Server - The Island 

Continued with my Tapejara and Rex breeding projects. Finished up breeding my new rexes. Took forever to get a finalised breeding pair. Had trouble getting a single colour region to combine with all the stats. Trying to tell the difference between black and dark blue on the back was a nightmare, eventually poped twins with my nice blue colour with the stats. All I need to do now is let them mature. I want to get a few new rexes imprinted up before a potential Tek Cave server event.

With the tapejaras, I took the two low levels I had tamed up and combined the colours I wanted, white body, black markings with yellow sails. Got that done easily enough. Then worked on taking the two high level tapejaras and bred those together to get a tapejara with the good stats. Now just need to combine the tape with the desired colours with the tape with the high stats.

Also need some.Tek Saddles :) :) Yay another d1nk project to craft!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KrackenOne said:

Crashed during the Manticore with 9 Lightning Wyverns, all dead.....accidentally fed a 190lvl Wyvern egg to my Rex's trough.  

:/

I am so sorry, that is awful. I was accessing inventory to eat berries and instead it lagged and I ate poop. Completely disgusting, aside from lagging and disconnecting every five to ten minutes I managed to effectively kill a pack of dilos and fill up the food troughs. 

44 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I'd better start metal farming again ?

We always need more metal! I did a bunch of farming today aswell. Might as well do my story lol

Started the night off imprinting a tapajara pair. Between imprints I did a metal run, filled the stone vault and half filled the wood. Kept the gacha filled between metal runs. Farmed roughly 15k ingots and 4k poly over a few hours. I had a few big crafts in mind, made two tek tapa saddles (one for me one for Saltire) a few tek pieces for an upcomming build and crafted a Mek for giggles.. its so cool. Need to get a mek BP from Extinction for sure! The base model was doing 530 dmg  each sword hit and blasters 250~

I wanted to farm the ice cave a bit on Extinction so I hopped over there, got distracted for an hour building my quetz transport platform, getting a few tames prepped for future OSD trials and then took off to the ice cave on my mana. My intent was to easily farm a few drops, my mana had 4k stam so it was pretty easy...until I ran out of stam accidently, got speared off my tame by purlovia then killed by bears. My mana died, shinehorn and I didnt even bother trying to go back for my kit. I sort of brought disposable gear anyways.

Logged back to Island and cloned my extra crab, then transferred a few things over to Ragnarok. I havent logged there in like a month so I topped up gennies, troughs and figured id try the ice cave here. Loaded up a thylo with my asc saddle, brought a cryod theri incase and flew off. Walked into the cave then deployed my thylo after the crawl spot, this was my first time doing this cave. Went easily enough, got all the drops but my main focus beside exploration, was to get some deathworm horns. The boss drops 20 and each worm drops 1. I mucked up when I killed the boss and was black boxed, missed em.

The boss was easy, hit pretty hard but no worries for my OP saddle. Got out and went back to base (after a short stop by dams) Gathered some.bug repellent and went to volcano area searching for a Mantis. Got lucky and my 3rd mantis spotted was a 150 female, gotta love Rag. Messed up the first taming attempt then got it tamed a bit after. Searched for a hlvl male for awhile, found a 135 but it kept aggroing me, got jumped by some artho and peaced out. On my way back I spotted a 130 male, stopped by to feed it a bit. 3 minutes between feeds so its a little sketchy. Just as I went in for the last feed a Kanchosaurus aggrod the mantis, took a shotgun to the both of em out of anger then flew home. 

Hopped over to the island, theres a giga right outside my rag base and I hope it wanders off :P Gonna quickly clone my mantis then go to bed. My grand scheme of some mantis is sort of ruined.. if you come across a wild Megatherium you're toast.. so ill have to think about that! 

2am here, sleep x.x

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Started the night off imprinting a tapajara pair. Between imprints I did a metal run, filled the stone vault and half filled the wood. Kept the gacha filled between metal runs. Farmed roughly 15k ingots and 4k poly over a few hours. I had a few big crafts in mind, made two tek tapa saddles (one for me one for Saltire) a few tek pieces for an upcomming build and crafted a Mek for giggles.. its so cool. Need to get a mek BP from Extinction for sure! The base model was doing 530 dmg  each sword hit and blasters 250~

I havent even finished breeding the tapejaras yet,  ?

12 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Loaded up a thylo with my asc saddle, brought a cryod theri incase and flew off. Walked into the cave then deployed my thylo after the crawl spot, this was my first time doing this cave. Went easily enough, got all the drops but my main focus beside exploration, was to get some deathworm horns. The boss drops 20 and each worm drops 1. I mucked up when I killed the boss and was black boxed, missed em.

The boss was easy, hit pretty hard but no worries for my OP saddle.

I should really try this out. Been meaning to try out crypod use in caves for ages. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I havent even finished breeding the tapejaras yet,  ?

I should really try this out. Been meaning to try out crypod use in caves for ages. 

Ice cave is too easy with cryopods, usually take a thyla & boss rex in cryopods plus an empty for my bird, cryo the bird when you hit the invisible wall, throw the thyla out once past the crawl spot and run through until you drop down the first waterfall, I usually wait in this area until the cooldown has worn off then put the thyla on follow & lowest distance and drop down to the queen, not sure if that bit is needed but had a few attempts where the queen hasn't spawned if I dropped down mounted on the thyla plus also had problems getting it out of the water at the bottom, on lowest follow it's fine, throw the rex out from the ledge then mount the thyla and drop down to fight the queen

If you've used a wyvern to get there you can throw it out onto the bridge outside the waterfall then jump and mount it without having to drop down into the water

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today is a historic day for my Ark Solo Playthrough. Finally, I completed Ascension on both Beta & Alpha on the Island Map. I did not use any cheats except admin commands to increase gamma, speed up time using slomo & "ghost" when I get glitch stuck on surfaces. But, to make my life easier & to avoid the frustration & agony of losing my favorite Dinos, I had started my Solo playthrough with settings slight tweaked from official. My settings are:

• Max Dino Level 240 ie: difficulty = 8x (official is 5x at 150)
  • Increased gathering/harvesting rates.
  • Imprint quality up to 100%(default is 20%)

Completing Ark Solo no-cheats with official settings is IMO impossible since Alpha Dragon, Brood & Ascension is impossible. Same with King Titan. So I made the changes to make it at-least possible, though extremely tough. I am posting my Boss Fight(Gamma to Alpha to Ascension) videos on Youtube at the below link. If you don't like it guys, just tell me where I messed up. If you do, please leave a like. I won't monetize my youtube channel coz I'm an amateur hardcore gamer & I play for fun & escapism only. Here's the link to my Playlist:

PS: I haven't yet uploaded my 1080p 60FPS Beta/Alpha Ascension videos but will do so in a day or two. Right now, I'm super-duper excited about cross ARK transfer to Scorched Earth. Believe me, even with my server stats, Beta & Alpha Overseer fights were long & hard. 

EDIT: I have uploaded Beta/Ascension Tek Cave & Overseer videos. They were completed on the same day, I made this comment but I had to edit the video on the following day due to office work. Anyway, Tek Cave is easy. Only Gigas & Allo Gnash are a danger. But Overseer on Beta & Alpha make liberal & excess use of their stun-lock beams. In fact, on Alpha, if you check out my video, I was hiding behind the pillars & distracting the drones the entire time as the stun-beams were like every alternate second. Fight was scarier than Alpha Brood or any Dragon fight.

Edited by Freespirit
  • Like 1